Author Topic: Disney Dreams  (Read 589 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
Disney Dreams
« on: June 08, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
<text align=right> <p align=Right> "IT’S BEEN A WHILE."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 14
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE i
REC•

\'user

MONDAY, MAY 28, 2018
1:00 A.M.

The blonde Bombshell sat in the sand, staring at the dark ocean water as the moon shines brightly on the ocean’s surface.  She could slowly feel the dissatisfaction of the night slipping away from her and the high taking over her body.  She could vaguely remember meeting the shady guy as she was headed to the beach and she couldn’t remember why she had decided to buy what she did. It wasn't her drug of choice.  But here she sat, sitting on the beach staring at the ocean in her high, a needle, a few empty bags, and a discarded water bottle at her side. She could feel her body feeling lighter and her mind seemed as if it was floating on air, it made no difference to her that anyone walking by would have known exactly what she was up to.

She reaches down and grabs a handful of sand and slowly lets it trickle out through the cracks of her fingers.  She didn’t even care that it was dark and she was in California all by herself.  She hated California but for some reason, that was the only place she wanted to go after Into the Void.

;;Mikah  “How...weird.”[/color]

She tilts her head to the left as she grabs another handful of the sand and watches as it trickles through her fingers again.  She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out as she does the same thing again with the sand.  She could slowly feel herself starting to lose touch with reality as the sand seems to disappear.  She frowns but doesn’t seem to be too worried about what was happening around her.  Had she taken anything else?  She couldn’t quite remember if she had or not but she felt okay.  Or at least she thought she felt okay.  She couldn’t quite remember what else it was that she had bought from Tommy?  Jackson?  Alexander?  She didn’t even think it mattered what his name had been.  She was enjoying her time, so he had served his purpose. Now she was in the dark, on the beach, and watching the sand fall through her fingers while the moon shined down on the ocean. There were no problems here. No arguing. Nothing at all.

She continues to watch the sand fall from her fingers, picking handful after handful of it up and seemingly amazed at what it was doing.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Mikah, what are you doing?”

His voice was distinct and she would have recognized it anywhere.  She looks over to see his form standing over her.  She reaches up and tucks her hair behind her ears before standing up, the sand falling off of her as she moves over to him.  She reaches out and places a hand on his cheek.  Her eyes widen as she actually touches his cheek.  She steps back in pure disbelief and he reaches out to grab her arm.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Mikah, you can’t be here.”

She just looks at him, tilting her head to the side before looking down to his hand on her wrist.  She wasn’t sure how this was happening.  Masen Christian Othniel was dead.  She had been at his funeral but yet, here he was standing in front of her with concern in his eyes.

;;MIKAH  “You’re not real.  You’re not really here.”

The hurt showed in her own eyes; the hurt from his death and his abandoning her when she needed him the most.  She watches as he moves his hand up and carefully sweeps his thumb over her cheek, wiping away a tear.

;;MIKAH  “I don’t understand…”

She places her hand over his, leaving it on her cheek.  She continues to stare at him.  How was this even possible?  He was dead.  How was she having a conversation with a dead man?  She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before she pinches herself to see if she would wake up.  She opens her eyes again to see him still standing there, the worry and concern in his eyes.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “This is real, Miks.”

She still wasn’t able to grasp the concept of it being real but she wasn’t going to question it before wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

;;MIKAH  “I don’t care that I don’t understand this…”

She buries her face in the crook of his neck and inhales his scent.  It might have been weird but she didn’t care.  She just missed him so much and was sure that she had forgotten his scent.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Mikah, stop.  C’mon, you have to think about what you’re doing. About what you did.”

But she couldn’t.  How could she think about what she had done when he was standing there with her?  She had missed him so much, almost as if he was apart of her and she had been missing a limb.

;;MIKAH  “Why?  Why do I have to think about why this is happening?  Why can’t I just...be here?”

She holds her arms out as she looks at him, that hurt still in her eyes.  He runs a hand over his face and they both look over to see Mikah’s body lying in the sand, partially covered.  Mikah looks at her body, lying in the sand before looking back at Christian, who looked concerned.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Why would you want to be here?”

Mikah just smiles at him, her eyes peering into his as she seemingly ignores the fact that her body was just lying there.

;;MIKAH  “Because.  It’s you.”

He looks at her and can see the vulnerability in her eyes and then he looks down at the unconscious body of Mikah before looking at her again.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “It’s me...But that’s you.”

He motions to her body but Mikah doesn’t seem to want to talk about it.  She moves down the beach, away from her body and toward the pier.  Christian sighs and shoves his hands in his pockets before following her.

;;MIKAH  “So?”

Christian keeps up with her, trying to get her to pay attention to the task at hand.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “So, you can’t just avoid this…”

She looks over his shoulder at him before raising her eyebrows as she stops walking.  He moves over to her and tries to get her to look at herself.

;;MIKAH  “Don’t.”

She tries to look the other way but Christian places a hand on her cheek and tries to get her to look over at her unconscious body.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You have to look.  You can’t just ignore it, Mikah.”

He kept trying to get her to look over her body that was partially covered in sand.  But she wouldn’t, she just continued to stare at him, her eyes looking into his.

;;MIKAH  “I can’t.  I just...I just want to look at you.”

He sighs and she leans in and kisses him full on the mouth.  He doesn’t resist her but doesn’t kiss her back like she wants to and she pulls away from him, a heartbroken look on her face.  He runs a hand over his face for a moment before looking up, not wanting to see the heartbroken look on her face.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Mikah, you can’t stay here.”

She looks at him, raising an eyebrow.

;;MIKAH  “Why not?  You’re here.”

She looked almost vulnerable and he didn’t want to break her again.  He knew that his death had impacted her more than he wanted to admit.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Because!  Mikah, you have to be there for Leighton!  She won’t survive without you!”

He knew that he wasn’t supposed to pressure her into going back but to remind her that there were things worth living; things greater than him.  But so far, he didn’t seem to be having much luck.  Mikah shrugs her shoulders and walks farther down the pier towards the end, nearing the water.  She sits down and lets her legs dangle over the edge. Christian has no choice but to follow her there and he sits down beside her.

;;MIKAH  “Leigh would do just fine without me, you know.  She’s a good kid and deserves a better mother than myself.”

She didn’t look at him as she told him that.  But she meant it.  She had always thought that Leighton deserved a better mother but she hadn’t really ever voiced those opinions out loud.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “That is not true, Miks.  And you know it.  Leighton loves you and you’re a good mother.  You have provided her everything she needs in life.  You got her into a great school and she has amazing friends.  That’s all you.”

Christian watched her and he could tell that he hadn’t convinced her of anything.  She just shakes her head.

;;MIKAH  “That’s materialistic things, Mase.  It’s not things that she needs; she could have easily gone to a public school and gotten a good education easily.  But the school she goes to now, is just amazing.  And pricey but she deserves that because I can’t...give her the attention she deserves.”

She watches the water and tilts her head to the side as the water seems to rise, getting closer and closer to her feet.  It doesn’t alarm her or even worry her, but she watches it with amazement.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Miks, you’re a wonderful mother.  Leighton knows that you do what you have to do to help her have a home to live in.  She’s a smart kid, she knows that you love her.”

Mikah smiles a bit, watching the water before looking over at him as he still continued to try to convince her to live.

;;MIKAH  “But what if she wants a parent that is always at home?  I can’t give her that.”

Christian sighs before running a hand over his face before watching the water rise, nearing the bottoms of her feet.  He knew that time was running out but he wasn’t having very good luck at convincing her to live.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Do you think she wants both of her parents dead?  How do you think that will change her, Mikah?  Right now, she has the world at her fingertips; she’s just starting to discover who she wants to be in this world.  She is almost thirteen years old.  If you die, she’s not going to be the same; she won’t recover.”

That seems to have struck a nerve and Mikah holds an unreadable look on her face.  A look of emotions she couldn’t quite decipher herself.  Christian knew that he was closer than before to get her to realize she was more than this; more than what she was doing now.

;;MIKAH  “Maybe it would change her for the better.”

Her voice didn’t sound too confident about that but she said it anyways.  Christian shakes his head at her.  He knew all about her current struggles, the way she couldn’t get over his death to move on in her life.  He knew that the cycle she created was still going in circles.  He also knew that what he said about Leighton had stuck and he knew she was wavering.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “If you don’t think about Leighton, think about Drake.  Or any of your current co-workers in that company.  Despy?  Kris?  Chelsea?  How do you think your death would affect them?”

Again she shrugs her shoulders.  Maybe because she didn’t care.  Or maybe because she cared too much, Christian wasn’t sure which was the case.  Sometimes he could read her like a book but right now, it was hard to read her.

;;MIKAH  “Well….”

She was silent for a moment, clearly thinking about the last thing he had offered to her. He sits next to her, silent as well and lets her think about her options.

;;MIKAH  “Well, they all have families.  Lives that would continue on even if I did die.”

It was a hard statement to make but she made it anyways.  It was true, partially.  Or at least in her mind, it was true.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You don’t think Drake’s life would go up in shambles?”

He looked at her, wondering where her head was currently at.  She just looks at him before biting her bottom lip.

;;MIKAH  “You’re asking me that now, Mase?  I don’t think he’d care.  He’s too self absorbed to even realize that I spent very little time at home since April.  I don’t see how my dying would affect him too badly.”

Christian sighs and pulls her into him, letting her head rest against his shoulder.  He couldn’t fix her; he wasn’t alive anymore but this was real.  Or as real as it could get for her.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “It is just a rough patch that you are going through, Mikah.  He still loves you, you’re still his wife.”

Mikah watches the ocean water continue to rise and she pulls her feet up just a bit as the water touches the bottoms of her feet.  She slowly lowers her feet back down and into the chilly water.  She didn’t seem to be scared of it and that worried Christian.

;;MIKAH  “Maybe it’s more than a rough patch, Mase.  Maybe my marriage with him is over.  So why would he care?”

Christian watches as the water covers her feet, up to her ankles and he looks at her, wondering if she was realizing what was happening.  If she did, she didn’t seem too worried about it.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You can’t just...give up on your life.  You can’t stay here, Mikah.”

She sits there in silence thinking about what he was saying and just feeling the emotions she had pushed down inside of her before she looks at him, tears in her eyes and some spilling down her cheeks.

;;MIKAH  “I don’t know if I can go back.  You’re not there.  Life without you in it?  It’s not right, Mase. You’re here, I could be with you…”

She looked at him again, that same vulnerable look in her eyes and it was hard for him to tell her to go back.  She didn’t even seem phased when the water raises up to the middle of her shins.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You can’t just...quit life because you lost a match, Miks.”

He knew that he was going to have to be harsh with her.  It killed him to do so but he knew that she wasn’t going to want to go back if he stayed here.  But he couldn’t just leave.

;;MIKAH  “You think I am quitting my life because I lost a match to a nutjob?”

She looks at him, the hurt and confusion written in her eyes as she sits next to him.  A few more tears slip down her cheeks.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Why else would you take that much?  You were clearly not using your brain; don’t you know that stuff is bad for you?”

A different look comes into her eyes as she still feels the tears slip down her face.  But she felt anger this time as she stares at him but she still didn’t seem to want to go back.  She feels the water almost reach the pier.

;;MIKAH  “You’re calling me stupid?  What about you?!  You did that stuff all the time!  I tried and I tried to get you to stop, Masen Christian Othniel!  I wanted you to stop because what example were you setting for your daughter?!”

She stands up and he looks at her, his own chest hurting from the whole argument.  He really didn’t want to do this but it didn’t seem that he had any other choice because nothing else was working.  He stands up as well to face her.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You knew what I was like before you brought me into her life, Mikah.  You took that chance.  But what are you doing?  You are not this person and you can’t be.  You can’t be white trash.”

Her mouth drops open in complete shock.  She had never expected those words to come out of her mouth.  She seems to blink and they’re back at where her body seemed to be.  She looks down at her body and then at Christian, the hurt and betrayal in her eyes.

;;MIKAH  “How dare you!”

She pushes him hard, the tears still on her cheeks but they were more so angry than sad ones.

;;MIKAH  “You are a hypocrite, Masen Christian Othniel!  You are the one that purposely overdosed on it!  And I wasn’t trying to kill myself, I just…”

She’s quiet for a moment, trying to think about just why she wanted to do it.  She looks at him, the anger and the hurt written in her eyes.  He instantly felt bad for doing what he had to do and he takes a step towards her, trying to hug her but she shoves him away, hard.  He keeps ahold of her, easily and she hits his chest repeatedly, crying and screaming at him all the same.

;;MIKAH  “I just…”

She couldn’t seem to find the words that would finish that sentence.  So she tries again to push Christian away but he doesn’t let her, just holds onto her and she screams and cries against his chest.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “You just..what?”

She doesn’t look at him, burying her face in his chest and lets him hold her.  She was still angry with him and at him but she didn’t have the energy to push him away from her anymore.

;;MIKAH  “I wanted to see why the drug was so important to you.  Why you were addicted to it and couldn’t stop.  You couldn’t even stop for Leighton…”

She manages to gain enough energy to push him away from her, her anger written all on her face.  He looks at her, trying to mask his own emotions.

»»CHRISTIAN OTHNIEL  “Still this isn’t what I wanted for you..”

Mikah takes a step back as she sort of realizes what exactly was going on.  She watches her body before looking back at Christian.

;;MIKAH  “Do you think I wanted to live a life without you?  Do you honestly think that my life is going okay?”

She points at her body before looking at Christian again.  He seems conflicted and tortured himself about the whole situation.

;;MIKAH  “And Leighton?!  Did you even stop to think about your daughter?  And how she would cope without you?!”

She couldn’t help that the anger was pouring out of her mouth as she stares at him.  Angry at him for being dead.  She couldn’t help the tears that spilled from her eyes and Christian just pulls her into him, holding her close to him in an embrace but she shoves him away.

;;MIKAH  “No.  You didn’t think about anybody but yourself because you are a selfish man, Masen!  I hate you and I can’t….I can’t stay here.  I need...I need to go back.”

He holds a look of pain on his face and watches as she struggles to breathe as she starts to go back to her life.  He wanted to tell her that he thought about her and Leighton all the time and that he wanted to undo the past but he couldn’t.

<text align=right> <p align=Right> "BREATHE."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 11
SCENE ii
REC•

\'user

WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2018
1:00 P.M.

Her eyes squint shut as the bright fluorescent lights shine above her, trying to wake her. But she wasn't ready for that yet. She didn't want to be awake yet but she doesn't seem to have much control of that. She looks around, lost as she couldn't remember anything. She had just been with….but no, that was impossible. He was dead and that's impossible. She props herself up before realizing she's in a hospital bed. A frown crosses her face for a moment, completely lost. She looks to her left to see Court sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. Instead of sitting straight though, she was sideways across the chair, thumbing through tweets on her phone with her legs draped over the armrest..

;;MIKAH  “What...the hell.”

She reaches up and runs a hand over her face, trying to piece her memory together. Trying to decide what was real and what isn't real. Court does not even lift her head off of the backrest of the chair. She shrugs her shoulders, and sounds less than pleased with her mentor’s current situation.

??COURT  “Oh look, Smacky McDrug-Addict is awake. Have a nice three day nap?”

The rookie laughs, but sounds more frustrated than anything else.  Mikah just gives the younger girl a look before rolling her eyes. Three days? That was a long time to be out. What had she all missed out on?

;;MIKAH  “Yep.”

The answer was short and clipped. Naturally, she didn't dare open up to anybody. Anybody that could possibly use it against her, that is. She just frowns before moving to grab her chart. She had been in hospitals before. She knew how things worked. Her eyes scan over her chart and she frowns before collapsing back against her pillows. She had coded three times? She hadn't felt like she had.  She just gazes over to Courtney but stays quiet for a moment longer.

;;MIKAH  “How...did I even get here? The last thing I remember, is a beach.”

She looks at her before looking back at her chart. Court still doesn’t bother to click off her phone screen, or even look in Mikah’s direction

??COURT  “No, ‘hey, I notice you are the only one still here’ or ‘how much damage have I done to my life, career, or body’ or even ‘thanks for sticking around to make sure I didn’t die’ huh? Just, how did I get here? That’s your big question?”

She tosses the phone down into her lap and swings her legs down to the floor. As she sits up in the chair her eyes find Mikah’s. Court is clearly worn out, and the days of sleeping in the chair were not doing her any favors either. She might have sounded mildly frustrated, but the rest of her face showed that there was nothing mild about it.

??COURT  “You know, I didn’t exactly expect to be congratulating for doing what you didn’t think I was capable of at Into The Void, but I at least expected… something...”

She shakes her head, blowing off how much it bothered her. She caves in, answering the question with a roll of her eyes.

??COURT  “Kris brought you here. I’m surprised you don’t remember. They said you were conscious and talking about someone. Some dead guy. I don’t know.”

A look passes through her eyes for a moment.  She is quiet as she gets lost in her own mind for a minute or more. She looks over at Court and sighs. She barely even remembered Sunday night let alone that she and everybody else at SCW competed. She shares a guilty look before rubbing her hands over her face.

;;MIKAH  “You really want me to congratulate you now?  You know I would only be saying it because you're pouting like a child. Nobody ever congratulated me on shit so don't expect it. Because nine times out of ten it is not going to happen, kid.,”

She hesitates for a moment before smirking st Court.

;;MIKAH  “But you did beat Evie Baang. So that is a feat in itself and that probably requires a congratulations. And even though, I did have faith in you, nobody thought you would pull that off. So congrats on that.”

She runs her hands through her tangled hair and winces as her fingers get caught in the tangles. None of her words had any effect on the expression on Court’s face though. She shook her head, almost disappointed.

??COURT  “Nobody thought that I could pull it out...”

It is more mumbled under her breath than it is addressed to Mikah. Court forcefully pushes herself up from the chair, causing it to slide back and hit the wall. She reaches down next to it and grabs a small gym bag before throwing it up onto her shoulder. Her eyes don’t come off of her trainer though.

??COURT  “Nobody thought I could do it because the one person that was supposed to have faith in my spent the month ignoring me. Yet here I am, Mikah! I stayed when everyone else either left or didn’t show up. I don’t know what I was expecting, honestly. You’re too busy to even talk to me, but you’re overdosing on a beach a few thousand miles away from your family, or friends? Alone?”

Court bites down on her bottom lip to stop herself from saying anything else, but her eyes continued to scream at Mikah. There wasn’t any doubt in either of their minds that anyone passing through the hallway outside could hear her through the door, but it did not seem to matter.

;;MIKAH  “Do you honestly think that I could have helped you in any way in the past month? If I had been there, there would have been the option for me to self sabotage you because I'd have thought that it would have been me you're facing. But nope, you're getting Crystal. Or whatever the nutjob’s going by now. Probably Celeste or Candice.”

Mikah rolls her eyes but looks at Court. She wasn't really surprised that nobody but Court had stayed; she pushed people away because it was easier. Easier to push them away rather than to let them in. And she couldn't get hurt like she had in February of 2016.

;;MIKAH  “Also, does it surprise you that I'd be alone? There are not many people in my life I let in. And then, when I do, I push them out. It is a cycle that I can't seem to break.  So maybe you should get used to it, kid.  And let's circle back to the part where you are the one here. Why? Who asked you to stay here. Because you should be out celebrating your big win, not sitting at my hospital bed waiting for me to wake up. What? Nobody like you like you thought they would?”

Push, push, push. It was what she did best. Nobody ever really pushed back either so she hadn't ever worried about that. The rookies mouth opens, and from the fire in her eyes she was ready to explode. As quickly as it rose though, it was gone. Court laughed, and shook her head lightly. When she spoke, her tone had entirely changed. She was calm, like a weight had been lifted off of her chest.

??COURT  “You know, I used to want to be just like you...”

The thought brought a slight smile to her face, but it quickly vanished.

??COURT  “You have always been the best. It was why I kept bugging you to train me. I really wanted to be good enough for you to want to train. You seemed like you had it all together, and didn’t really need anyone. It was basically everything that I hoped to be.”

She motions to the room around them, and then to Mikah in the bed.

??COURT  “..but here you are talking about how nobody ever really gave a shit about you, and look where that landed you. You want me to get used to it? You want me to learn to live with it? I don’t have to. This isn’t what I signed up for, and I don’t want to be someone like you. You see all these mistakes that other people have made, and you use them to justify acting the same way. No thanks.”

She turns away from Mikah, and brushes at her eyes as soon as her back in turned. She hestiates for only a second to compose herself before moving towards the door.

;;MIKAH  “You wanted to be just like me, hm?”

The blonde bombshell stops for a moment to compose her own thoughts. She looks over at Court’s back as she lingers by the door.

;;MIKAH  “Here’s the first step, Courtney. Find a guy, a guy who will be your very best friend. A guy who you will eventually fall in love with but hey, you can't ever really be with him because his timing sucks and his drug habit is more important than you or the daughter you share with him.”

She was unaware that it had turned from hypothetical to reality. And that perhaps she was letting Court in more than she realized

color=#00E5EE];;MIKAH  “Then when he finally admits to you that he loves you too and that he's going to be there for you, he goes and kills himself with an overdose. While you're out of the country and there's no way in hell you can fix what he broke because there's always a small piece of you that blames yourself for his death. Live with that for two years, bury it under everything else and deal with a husband who is struggling with the fact that you don't or won't have a child with him yet. Deal with all that and then the pressure of defending a championship all at once and you'll be just like me.”

Her reality was warped and she lets out a breath, almost as if spilling that out was helpful to her own mental health.

color=#00E5EE];;MIKAH  “I wasn't trying to overdose either. I just wanted to see what he had been too addicted to stop.”[/color]

Vulnerability was never her best thing. But she couldn't keep everything in. Court turns with a shrug and there are tears of defeat in her eyes. There is no more hostility in her voice. In fact, there is barely any energy in it at all.

??COURT  “I hope you found whatever answer you were looking for then, because you only had to destroy every relationship in your life to find it out...”

When the confusion sets in on Mikah’s face, Court unpacks the comment before Mikah can even ask her question.

??COURT  “You think I’m mad? Where do you think that daughter thinks you have been for days? Or what Drake feels about it? Or the fact that you led a recovering heroin addict to find you OD’d on a beach?”

She gestures in Mikah’s direction with one hand a brushes at her cheek with the other.

??COURT  “...but you got your answer, so that’s what matters. You’re so mad about whoever he was throwing his life away, that you chose to do the exact same thing. That’s real smart.”

She just looks at Court and takes a deep breath. She knew her choices were never smart ones but they shaped her into who she was.

;;MIKAH  “Leighton is safe. She doesn't worry about me because she knows that I'm busy with SCW. I make sure that she is well cared for  if there is one thing I can do right, it's that.”

She hesitates for a moment, a flash of guilt and regret passing through her eyes. She hadn't meant for any of it to happen.  She had never meant for the drugs to cause her to almost OD and hadn't meant for him to try to find her.

;;MIKAH  “I wasn't trying to OD. I didn't think anybody knew where I was at. I didn't...want Kris to find me.  I don't even know how he found me; I told nobody where I was going. I didn't even know where I was going until I was on the airplane. None of it was planned. Not one bit. Except the part where I needed out if that arena.”

She looks at Court.

;;MIKAH  “Maybe you should go and walk away. I'm pretty good at ruining lives and relationships.”

She purposely didn't touch upon the Drake thing. She didn't know what to say about it. It wasn’t as if Court needed her permission to go either. She was already halfway across the room. If anything, it just made it easier for her to leave.

??COURT  “Yeah, maybe I should.”

Court nods a few times, and averts her eyes from Mikah’s.

??COURT  “You know, it’s easy for you to point out your own flaws. It doesn’t seem like you’re oblivious to how you affect people, but it doesn’t feel like you’re too happy about where your life is right now. You see what you’re doing wrong, you know it is wrong, but you don’t even try to fix it….”

Court’s voice trails off and she tries to stop herself from finishing the thought. She shakes her head as she pulls the lever on the door to open it, and cannot help looking back over her shoulder.

??COURT  “You’re really only as alone as you are choosing to make yourself. Be miserable if you want, but it’s not anyone’s fault but yours.”

With a disappointed sigh, Court steps through the door, closing it behind her.

<text align=right> <p align=Right> "HATE ME."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 8
SCENE iii
REC•

\'user

SATURDAY JUNE 2, 2018
9:00 P.M.

She hated Seattle more than she hated California. But there were times that she had to suck it up and do certain things she didn’t necessarily like to do.  She takes a deep breath and snaps the hair tie on her wrist against her skin.  She was trying her best to cope with the memories that were playing in her head.  She was feeling a lot of different emotions that she didn’t even really want to admit that she had.  Nervous, anxious, sad, guilty, and anything else that she couldn’t even put words to.  But she didn’t have much of a choice; this had to be done and she was going to try to not avoid things to the best of her ability.

But tracking down Kristopher was proving to be harder than she thought.  She figured out he was in Seattle and maybe for good reason.  She only remembered where he might be after checking other places and that’s where the taxi stops.  She looks out the window and takes a deep breath, snapping the hair tie against her wrist again before she hands the driver the cash, more than enough for a tip.

;;MIKAH  “Keep the change.”

She takes a deep breath before pushing the door open and grabbing her clutch purse.  She was apprehensive, worried about how this was going to go because she had a feeling about how it might go.  But she was hardly ever keyed into her intuition and it sometimes led her astray.  But she knew he was here, it was the only other place he could be.  She shuts the door and the taxi wastes no time in driving off to find another fare.  She adjusts the skirt of her dress before moving to the building and finding a way in to get up to the rooftop.  It was a good thing she wasn’t scared of heights but rather the unknown.  It takes her somewhere around five minutes to get up to the rooftop and she stares at the door that would lead her to who she was looking for.  She finally pushes the door open and steps out but doesn’t adventure much farther than the door.  She looks around, her blonde locks blowing in every which way due to the wind.  She chews on her bottom lip before spotting him in the distance.

;;MIKAH  “Okay…”

She carefully pushes herself away from the door and walks over to him, a seemingly uncertainty to her walk.  She stops just behind him, suddenly aware that she wasn’t sure what she was going to say.  Or how to say what she needed to say.

;;MIKAH  “I know you’re mad at me.  And I know you probably don’t want to talk to me or see me but I …. just had to come to talk to you.”

The words rushed out of her lips quickly, almost as if she couldn’t stop them from falling out.  It wasn’t how she intended for it to go but there it was.  It wasn’t something big she’d said but it was a start.  Or at least, she thought so. The SCW World Heavyweight Champion is laying back in a beach chair that was apparently never removed from the premises. There is a cooler at his side, and a tropically colored umbrella blocking out most of the sunlight. Kris’ fingers were laced together and he was using his hands to cradle the back of his head. He did not even flinch at the sound of her voice.

??KRIS  “Funny because this is a place where I come to have important conversations with people….”

It was total sarcasm, and not the light-hearted variety. She could hear the anger in his voice, and the fact that he didn’t even turn to look at her said a lot in itself.

??KRIS  “Oh wait, that’s right! This is the place where I go to get the fuck away from everyone, and it just so happens to be in the one city that you won’t go to.”

Kris moves his hands from behind his head and pulls the sunglasses off of his face. He drops them in his lap, and raises his index finger and thumb to the bridge of his nose, pinching it lightly and forcing himself to take a deep breath to avoid exploding at her.

??KRIS  “I’m glad you’re alive. Now go away.”

She flinches a little at his words but they weren’t completely unexpected.  She watches him, but doesn’t move to make him look at her.  There were things that people did and she understood a few things because there were things she did that she didn’t want people to interfere in.  But this...couldn’t really be avoided.

;;MIKAH  “Go away?  I tried that.  It clearly didn’t work because I wound up in a hospital bed.”

There was no reason to beat around the bush.  And she didn’t really care that it probably sounded worse than what it was.  She had gone to California because almost everybody knew she hated the place and thought that nobody would think to bother her there.

;;MIKAH  “I know you didn’t want to talk to me.  But yet, here I am.  And I’m not going away just because you don’t want to talk to me.  Maybe if this was two weeks ago, I would’ve.  But it’s not.  So...no, I’m not going away.”

She usually avoided confrontation like the black plague and let things happen. It was what had happened almost a year ago at Summer XXXtreme too.  She was going to try to not be as self absorbed in her own life but that would only take her so far.  She knew she was going to have to fix things with Courtney, it’s what she’d thought about until they finally gave her her wishes to be released from the hospital.  She’d had plenty of time to think about what Courtney had said to her and it only made sense that she couldn’t continue on with life in that way. That was what had led her here, and she wasn’t willing to let this conversation end the same way that one had.

??KRIS  “Fine, then I’ll go...”

Kris pushed himself up from the chair, his eyes down at the rooftop beneath his feet. He does not bother picking up any of this things, or even closing the umbrella. The sunglasses fly from his lap and skid across the roof, snapping them at the nose piece. He doesn’t waste time by paying them any attention though. He tries to step around Mikah, but she moves into his path. When he tries to sidestep, she is right there with him. His eyes are still down though, having no interest in looking at her. She catches onto it quickly, and focuses in on it.

;;MIKAH  “Look at me...”

He forces a fake laugh, and shakes his head without an immediate response. Instead, he raises his forearm to the outside of her shoulder to brush her to the side and out of his way. She smacks his arm away though, and stands her ground.

??KRIS  “You realize if I really want to get by you there is literally no way that you can stop me, right?”

She knew that it was true, and was actually counting on it. If he actually wanted to leave, he would have already. Asking him politely was not getting the job done, and was making the whole thing much more difficult than she had thought it would be. She was running out of options, and decided to do something that she rarely did. His refusal to look up made it easy to strike before he could move. She reached out, and put her hand under his chin, forcing his head up before he saw it coming. She only had a second where his eyes were on hers, but she made it count.

;;MIKAH  “I’msorry”

She wasn’t good at saying it, and it comes out as a single word, but it gets his attention. He focuses on her for a few seconds, and then pushes her arm away, walking around her.

??KRIS  “I don’t care...”

She runs her fingers through her hair, pulling a little bit at her hair when her hands get to the ends.  She was not used to things being hard for her; it was usually the opposite..

;;MIKAH  “You don’t care?”

Her eyes change a bit, the look in them changing to something unreadable.  She grabs his arm again to stop him from leaving.  She didn’t necessarily care if he looked at her or not, just wanted him to stop.

;;MIKAH  “If you didn’t care, then you would have left me on that fucking beach.  I would have been fine/”

Old habits die hard.  She knew that she’d get a reaction from him in some form and retaliating that way, would get him to talk.  Or so she hoped, anyways.

;;MIKAH  “Or, if you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have called Courtney.  You’d have called Drake or even better, you’d have called nobody.  If you didn’t care, you’d have left me in the hospital alone, Kris.  And you know it.”

She closes her own eyes for a moment, struggling with her inner self for a moment.  Was she too harsh?  Pushing buttons too much?  She wasn’t sure but she knew that they had to talk.  Her words seem to have no effect on him and he moves to the door and she clenches her jaw and rolls her eyes before she follows him and steps in front of the door.

;;MIKAH  “So, what?  It’s okay for you to do it but not me?  Or perhaps, maybe I should have disappeared longer than what?  A few hours or a day?”

She raises her eyebrows at him before crossing her arms over her chest, looking at him.

;;MIKAH  “Or maybe I could have disappeared for an even longer time to make it better.  Or have it end my career but let’s be honest, it almost did.  Because I coded three fucking times.  But yes, you don’t care.”

She looks at him, a ferocity in her eyes.  She tries to draw in a breath, but he finally explodes in front of her. He balls up his left fist and hits the door over her shoulder three times in rapid succession. He yells some of his frustration out in the process, and immediately turns from her, moving across the rooftop to put some distance between the two of them.

??KRIS  “Just… Could you...”

She was still in shock about the outburst, and didn’t even know how to help him complete whatever thought he was trying to put together. He wasn’t the type to blow up like that either. He had always managed to keep his cool and deflect in the past.

??KRIS  “You can’t badger me into talking to you. Throw as many of my mistakes at me as you want. It doesn’t change anything. I just got to a place where I forced that stuff out of my life. I’m not letting it back in.”

The outburst had drained a lot of energy out of him, and by the time he was finished, she could barely hear him talking. His back was still to her, but he raised his hand up from his side to look at the damage done to it. It was already swelling, but there were no cuts to worry about.

??KRIS  “I wasn’t just going to let you die. I had a bad feeling when you left so quickly. Nobody knew where you went, and it just kind of all came back, you know? We have sat and talked on that beach. I even told you about a lot of the drug stuff right there. It was just a guess...”

He turns back towards her, but there isn’t any happiness on his face.

??KRIS  “Don’t confuse not letting you die with caring. Where you want to go, I’m not going to let myself. It’s not an adventure I’m going to join you for. I’m done. I can’t go through it again, and I won’t drag everyone else through it either.”

She stands there quietly, her own emotions running through her head.  She closes her eyes and for a moment, she could almost feel Christian there with her instead of Kris.  She was still so angry at him but hurt all at the same time.  She opens her eyes, not wanting to relive the time with Christian again.

;;MIKAH  “I didn’t….take the stuff to try to kill myself, Kris.  I just...”

She pauses, hesitating as she wasn’t sure what exactly she was trying to do.  She hadn’t thought it through that much either.

;;MIKAH  “I didn’t even plan to take anything when I went there.  I went there to just...get away from everything.  Away from life and I ran into some guy, he offered it, and….”

It was not a good excuse, and she knew it wasn’t but she couldn’t stop herself from trying to explain herself.

;;MIKAH  “It was not just your drug, okay?  I...used it to try to see why Leighton’s father loved it so much.  I just...it was a bad choice and it’s not something I’m going to do again.  It’s not a path I can choose because I don’t….I can’t...”

She shakes her head, leaving the sentence hanging.  She looks at him, before she just shrugs her shoulders, her hand reaching for the door.

;;MIKAH  “I can’t live the life of my daughter’s deceased father.  It’s not going to happen.  So, I’m sorry...again.”

She wasn’t good at apologies but she says it slowly before she opens the door and slips into the stairwell and off of the roof.  She takes a breath before slowly letting it out as she descends down the stairs.

<text align=right><p align=”Right”> "A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: MEDIUM HIGH.
I SCENE iv
REC•

FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2018
10:45 A.M.

The blonde bombshell is seen walking into the Princess Fairytale Hall at Walt Disney World.  She was wearing a turquoise pea jcoat with pink tulle underlay that went just to her mid thigh. On her feet were white glittered stiletto heels.  She smiles at some of the people she passes as she makes her way to meet the princess.  The princess she had chosen for the day was Rapunzel.  She moves through the building to find the spot, a cameraman following her.

;;MIKAH  “Here we are at the Magical world of Disney.  And I am here, waiting to meet with the princess who most resembles SCW’s current Bombshell Champion.”

She looks around, the princess she had chosen and set up to meet was nowhere in sight.  She looks back at the camera, a smirk on her face.

;;MIKAH  “Are there any guesses on which princess that is similar to Crystal?”

She raises an eyebrow before slowly unbuttoning the buttons of her pea coat to remove it.  She slowly slides it down her arms and tosses it to the side, revealing her outfit.  It was a light purple, glittery bra with pearls and seashells attached to it.  She was sporting a green tulle tutu.  She smirks a bit as some of the parents stare in both shock and disgust.

;;MIKAH  “And before you ask, no Ariel is not who she reminds me of, Ariel is just my favorite princess.”

She glances off before smiling at the camera and pointing off in that direction.

;;MIKAH  “Look!  Here comes the princess who reminds me of the nutjob, Crystal!  Or Christina.”

She lets a shrug off before Rapunzel walks into the view of the camera.  The princess was dressed in her usual purple dress and her hair was in a braid and still trailing behind her.  Mikah raises an eyebrow at the camera before giving an overly cheesy smile to Rapunzel.

;;MIKAH  “Hello, Crystal!”

Rapunzel’s face holds a confused look on it for a brief moment before she quickly replaces it with a smile.  The smile that most Disney princesses dorn when working at the park.

<>RAPUNZEL “Hello! I’m Rapunzel not Crystal.”

Mikah gives the princess a smile herself but it was more fake than real.

;;MIKAH  “Oh, I’m sorry.  You just really, really reminded me of my co-worker.  Did you know she’s the current Bombshell Champion of Sin City Wrestling?”

Mikah smiles at the princess before placing one hand on her hip.  Rapunzel just smiles at her, the look of confusion still in her eyes.

<>RAPUNZEL “I’m afraid I don’t.  I am sure she is wonderful!”

Mikah slowly takes a breath and slowly lets it out before looking at Rapunzel and forcing another smile.

;;MIKAH  “Were you really locked up in a tower?”

Mikah raises her eyebrows at the princess, waiting for an explanation.

<>RAPUNZEL “Well, I was in that tower for eighteen years.  So, I don’t think I do know what Sin City Wrestling is.  Or who Crystal is.  I am sure she is wonderful!  Does she want to see the lights too?!”

Mikah gives the camera a look before shaking her head at the princess.  She then replaces the look with an overly fake smile.

;;MIKAH
 “No, I don’t think she’s seen any lights.  And I don’t think she has any lights on upstairs, either.  Poor girl.”

Mikah holds a hand over her heart for a moment.

<>RAPUNZEL “Oh no!  We should take her to see the lights then!  They are the most magnificent thing!”

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
Disney Dreams
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">

The excitement in Rapunzel’s eyes almost made Mikah want to gag.  She takes a deep breath before just forcing a smile again.

;;MIKAH “I really don’t think it would help her.  I think she’s a lost cause.  I mean, this woman is literally the version of trash.  She faked a mental illness to get people to cheer for her.”

She purses her lips together and sighs a bit.  The shock on Rapunzel’s face made Mikah feel just a little bit better about it.

<>RAPUNZEL  “Oh no, that just won’t do!  We should help her!”

Rapunzel’s eyes held an excited look in them and Mikah just forces another smile, trying to be as patient as she can with the princess.

;;MIKAH “I am afraid it is too late for her.  She’s already too far gone in her delusions.”

She shakes her head, looking down as she does so.

<>RAPUNZEL  “Delusions?  Whatever do you mean?”

MIkah was growing tired of the naive nature of the princess.  She runs her hair through her messy waves.

;;MIKAH “Her delusions.  You know the things she thinks is real but really doesn’t exist.  I’m sure you know what I’m talking about, after all you are a Disney princess.  And Disney Princesses like live on delusions.  Let’s take you for an example.”

Mikah flips her hair over her shoulder with the back of her hand before looking Rapunzel up and down.

;;MIKAH  “You were taken as a baby.  Kidnapped from your parents’ castle.  You believed that Mother Gothel had your best interests at heart because she wanted to protect you from people who only wanted to use you for your hair.  What you didn’t realize until the very end of the movie was that she was the one you needed protected from.  And how does Crystal fit into this scenario?”

Mikah raises her brows at Rapunzel.

<>RAPUNZEL  “I don’t know...how?”

It was clear that Rapunzel was doing her best to stay in character and not snap at the Blonde Bombshell.

;;MIKAH “Clearly you are living the dream, right?  You see, Crystal is thinking right now that she is living the dream.  Because she got the best of me at Into the Void. She won the match with my rules, in my house.  She thinks that she’s sitting pretty up in a tower and that nobody can touch her.”

Mikah looks at Rapunzel, a smirk covering her face again, unable to hide it anymore.

<>RAPUNZEL  “I don’t think that she believes that!  I am sure that she is thinking about how wonderful it is to...be the champion?”

She voiced it like a question, almost as if she wasn’t sure she was actually using the correct term.  The thought made Mikah laugh out loud and she covered her mouth for a moment.

;;MIKAH “You see, I don’t think you quite understand, Rapunzel.  Crystal is thinking that she beat me once at my own game, that she can beat me again.  But do you want to know the difference from two weeks ago to this Sunday?”

She looks at the princess before smirking.

;;MIKAH “I’m not the same person I was two weeks ago.  And Crystal can continue to be just as naive and stupid as you.”

She doesn’t waste any time in leaving the Princess Fairytale Hall, leaving Rapunzel to stand there in her own confusion.  Mikah smirks at the camera as it follows her through the building and into the outside of the park.  She moves quickly to where she’s sitting on the steps of the castle and smiles as it appears in the background of the shot.

;;MIKAH “There’s only two days, Crystal or Christina or Candice or whatever name it is that you’re going by now a days.  Only two more days that you get to relish in the fact that you got the best of me at Into the Void.  Bravo for you because you got to beat the Mikah that didn’t put any real effort into the match.  So be proud of the fact that you didn’t get to face the Mikah that everybody else got to face.”

She claps her hands in a mocking way for Crystal.

;;MIKAH “That is not me.  The person you had met in the ring two weeks ago, is not the same person I am today.  I have been changed and it was like I’d been asleep for a long, long time.  And I only have you to thank for that, Crystal.”

She smirks at the camera as she looks around.

;;MIKAH “So thank you for pulling me out of auto-pilot and making me realize that being alive is something to be thankful for.  Something to fight for and you’re holding something that I want.  And need back.”

She reaches up to tuck her hair behind her ears, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees.

;;MIKAH “You see...”

She hesitates for a moment, thinking about what she wanted to say.

;;MIKAH “I tried really hard to care about the match we had at Into the Void, I really did.”

She pauses again, watching as Mickey Mouse walks behind her and into the scene.  She waves at him and he waves back.  She blows him a kiss before turning her attention back to the camera.

;;MIKAH “I even thought that if I picked the stipulation for the match, it might have made me care a little bit more about it.  But did that work?”

She shakes her head no.

;;MIKAH “Nope.  It didn’t work.  I thought that maybe, if I had something that I was really really good at be the stipulation of our match, it might make me actually put a little bit of effort into the match.  But it didn’t because the thought of facing you again was just so...”

She scrunches her nose up as if she tries to think of the word to compare Crystal to.

;;MIKAH “Just so dull and lacking of life.  I thought facing you was so boring that I couldn’t bring myself to give a shit about you or the company or even really the championship.”

She shakes her head for a moment.

;;MIKAH  “But I’m much more looking forward to our match on Sunday, Crystal.  You see, it made me realize that I did actually care.  I cared about that Bombshell Championship and without it...it felt...just...”

Again, she pauses and smiles as Donald Duck walks into the frame as well.  Mikah waves at him and he moves over to her and gives her a hug.  She smiles and kisses the side of his bill before he goes off, acting all embarrassed and shy.  She turns her attention back to the camera.

;;MIKAH  “Wrong.  Do you know what that feels like?  It felt like I was doing the world a disjustice by not retaining my championship like I had promised.  You might not see it that way and I am sure that you are probably pissed that I cashed in my rematch so soon.  What?  Did you expect me to sit around and just wait to cash it in again?”

She raises her eyebrows at the camera before shaking her head. Pluto walks into the shot.

;;MIKAH  “I am not sure who you’re pretending to be this week, Crystal.  But I really don’t care who you say you are, either.  You can pretend to be whoever the fuck you want because it doesn’t matter.  You can pretend to be a mother fucking princess for all I care.  The only thing that matters is that I take my championship back.  And I know what I need to do to take my championship back.”

She looks at Pluto and then back at the camera, a smile on her pretty face.

;;MIKAH  “I have to win two out of three matches on Sunday.  And then that Bombshell championship is all mine.  And you may have been pretending to be a princess for the past couple of weeks, but on Sunday I can show you exactly why they call me the Queen Bitch.”

She just shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH  “You think you’ve seen what all I’ve had to offer in that ring, Crystal.  But you’ve only seen half of what I can do.  You want to pretend that you’re better than me because you’ve beaten me twice in the ring, that’s fine.  But you and I both know the truth, you’re only living a dream.  Because while you’re playing fairytale, I’ve been living in the real world.  Where we don’t rely on a dream to get us through life.  So when Sunday comes and your time with my championship is over, I want you to be the one to wake up and realize that you’ve wasted your time in pursuing my championship.  And that I let have those two glorious weeks with my championship because there will be no getting it back from here on out.  Because after this?  I am going to be focused and I’m going to win on Sunday.”

She smirks at the camera before winking at Pluto again.

;;MIKAH  “And on Sunday..”

Pluto covers his ears in fake shock and Mikah just shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH  “Be prepared to bow down to the Queen Bitch.”

She smooches Pluto on the nose and looks at the camera.

;;MIKAH  “Ciao.”