Author Topic: His Story Begins  (Read 296 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
His Story Begins
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »

Saturday April 7th
Palm Eastern Cemetery
Las Vegas, Nevada

O’Malley, one of SCW’s newest contracted wrestlers and widower to the late great SCW Hall of Fame legend, Misty, is taking a break from his busy training schedule today. His manager, former SCW Heavyweight Champion Gabriel, has been working all of his students to the bone to prepare for the re-opening of Sin City Wrestling in just a week’s time. And while everyone else was currently at the gym involved in more training, O’Malley had talked Gabriel into allowing him the day off.

Despite his training schedule, O’Malley had tried to come here as often as he could. Since losing Misty just four months ago, he found himself visiting her grave several times a week, but the past couple of weeks he’d been going several days without visiting, and he felt guilty. So today, he is making up for it. The sun is shining with only a few clouds roaming across the sky. It was the perfect day to visit, and O’Malley even brought his and Misty’s son, Owen, along.

O’Malley is currently seated in the grass, leaning against the side of Misty’s headstone. He was keeping a close watch on Owen as the two and a half year old wandered around near his mother’s grave, picking up sticks from nearby trees, or even a random piece of a decorative flower.

O'Malley: Owen, bud...Stay close.

Owen giggled in response and quickly ran up to O’Malley, handing him a piece of a decorative flower he had just picked up. O’Malley took it with a smile and Owen turned and looked at his mother’s headstone, pointing at it.

Owen: Mommy...

Despite being so young, Owen knew. Of course he didn’t quite understand, but he knew that this place was connected to his Mommy, who he hadn’t seen in four months. A heartbroken smile grew on O’Malley’s face as he nodded to his son.

O'Malley: Yeah, Owen. This is where yer Mum is. I wish she weren’t.

Owen just smiled and giggled again, further proving his little mind just didn’t understand what this place meant. He knew Misty was gone. He was reminded of it every time he cried for her but she didn’t come running to comfort him, but as the days went on, that was slowly changing.

As Owen started to wander off again, curiously checking every little thing out, O’Malley kept his eye on him, trying to keep himself together. Times like these, he found it very difficult to do that, however.

O'Malley: Am I doin’ the right thing, love? Am I makin’ the right decision in continuin’ this wrestling business with ye gone? Owen is too young to understand, but I don’t want to let him down.

He leans his head back against the headstone, watching as Owen plops down onto the ground and starts playing with the grass. He was thankful Owen didn’t start pulling the grass, as he’d have to gently discipline him and stop him from doing that.

O'Malley: I couldn’t get meself to stop, though, Misty. Everyone else I’m sure would’ve, but somethin’ in me told me to keep up with it. Told me to try and make something of it all because yer gone. I just...it felt like the right thing to do, love. An’ I don’t know if yer up there eatin’ me head off fer doin’ it or if yer smilin’ down, proud.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, taking in a deep breath. Owen pushed himself back to his feet and started chasing after a butterfly that fluttered past him, and O’Malley let him go a little farther.

O'Malley: This Blast From The Past tournament is comin’ up first, ye know. I knew how much ye loved that tournament. I know if ye were here, ye probably would have tossed yer name into the damn thing yerself. I’m still kickin’ meself over how I reacted when ye did it last year. Ye shouldn’t have forgiven me for acting like an eejit, but damn I’m glad ye did.

His eyes well up with tears, but he closes them and holds himself back from completely losing it. When he opens them again, Owen is slowly making his way back towards him.

O'Malley: I managed to talk Roxi into signin’ up fer it, too. But I’m sure ye already knew that, right? I almost feel bad fer using Owen as bait, but c’mon, love. Do ye blame me fer wanting Roxi in this thing? I don’t really know much of anyone else so it’s good to have a familiar face in it, dont’cha think?

There is a sudden slight breeze, causing O’Malley to close his eyes and a smile to appear on his face. It felt like a sign from Misty.

O'Malley: Yeah, that’s what I thought, love. An’ I know there’s no guarantee I’ll get Roxi as me partner, but I got a gut feeling it’ll happen. Hey, Owen!

Owen’s head quickly shot up and he looked towards O’Malley. A huge smile spread across his face and he ran up to his father again.

O'Malley: Owen, buddy, how would ye like me and yer Auntie Roxi to team up? What do ye think about that?

Owen’s face lit up even more.

Owen: Roxi! Roxi! Roxxxxiiiii!

Owen then spun around, hoping to see Roxi there and started running around as if searching for her. O’Malley cracked a smile and even let out a laugh.

O'Malley: Yep. Thought so. We’ll find out soon enough, though. The teams are supposed to be drawn…

Just then, his phone buzzed and an alert went off from inside his pocket. He cracked a smile again as he reached inside, grabbing his phone.

O'Malley: ….today. Let’s see what I got.

Indeed, it was a Twitter notification as the SCW Twitter Guy(**waves** Hi Twitter Guy!) was live tweeting the drawings for the Blast From The Past Teams. O’Malley opened up and read the tweet and his face lit up like a tree at Christmas.

O'Malley: Blimey! What did I tell ye?! Roxi an’ I got paired together! Damn I’m one happy fella! Hey, Owen! We got our wish, boyo!

Owen continued running around, yelling out Roxi’s name. O’Malley couldn’t help but look up into the sky, towards the heavens and smile even brighter.

O'Malley: Ye made that happen, didn’t ye, love? Ye worked that magic of yer’s and made it so me and Roxi would team up in this thing?

Another sudden breeze and O’Malley smile and laughed.

O'Malley: Thanks, love. I knew ye’d pull through fer me like that. I don’t know how this tournament is gunna go, or who we got the first round, but I think we stand a fairly decent chance. Especially with ye watchin’ over us.

Just then a car pulled up behind O’Malley’s, drawing his attention towards it. The car was familiar to him, and he knew who was behind the wheel. So did Owen, because as soon as the driver’s side door opened, Owen darted over towards the car.

Owen: Dixxxxxie!

Misty’s youngest sister, Dixie, walked...or waddled, up to Owen. Waddled because she was apparently very pregnant, and she knelt down to Owen’s level to give her nephew a hug. O’Malley quickly stood up from where he was sitting as Dixie led Owen back over towards him.

Dixie: How did I know I’d find you here? How are you doing, O’Malley?

O’Malley offers his sister-in-law a quick hug and glances down to her growing belly.

O'Malley: I’m hangin’ in there. How are ye, love? That little one ready to come out yet?

Dixie laughs and rubs her belly. Owen gently puts his hand on her belly and smiles.

Owen: Baaaaby. Baby!

Dixie: That’s right little man. Auntie Dixie has a baby in here. And no, she’s not ready to come out yet. Still got a few more weeks left, at least.

O'Malley: I know I’ve said it before but I’m really happy for ye, love. Ye and yer fella. Yer gunna make a wonderful Mum.

Dixie nods, but you can see the pain in her eyes.

Dixie: I just wish Misty were here for this. As excited as I am, I’m scared as hell, O’Malley.

O'Malley: Don’t be. She’s watchin’ out fer ye. She’ll make sure everythin’ is perfect. I know it ain’t the same without her here, but it’ll all be alright. She gave me a few signs just a little while ago.

They turn and face Misty’s headstone, staring down at her name etched into it.

Dixie: Signs, huh? What kind of signs?

O’Malley scratched his head, unsure of how to explain to Dixie. The truth was, he hadn’t told any of Misty’s family that he had signed a contract with SCW, or that he was wrestling at all. Dixie took his silence as a strange sign so she turned and stared at him.

Dixie: O’Malley? Spill it. What’s going on?

He scratched his head one more time before dropping his hand to his side and finally deciding to come clean.

O'Malley: Alright, here’s the thing, love. Before Misty died, she was teachin’ me some wrestling moves and such. It was more as a hobby than anything, but after she died...I got more serious about it. Anyway, I’ve signed a contract with SCW, and I think she’d be fine with it if she were here.

Dixie’s jaw drops and at her side, Owen has a hold of her hand, swinging it and trying to get her attention.

Dixie: Wait...what? You...you’re serious? I thought they closed down? And what about Owen?!

O'Malley: They’re re-opening soon. And I haven’t quite figured out what I’m gonna do about Owen once the shows start, but he’s been having a lot of play dates with Gabriel’s boy, Lucas. I’ll make it work.

Dixie: I’d love to watch him, if you need me to! I...I’m not going to try and talk you out of this SCW gig, but you know I’ll make sure--

O’Malley immediately puts his hand up, cutting her off, and shaking his head.

O'Malley: I appreciate the offer, love, but yer gunna have yer hands full pretty soon. I ain’t about to drop my son on ye, too. Actually, I’m considering finding a nanny or somethin’.

Dixie’s jaw drops again and before she has a chance to object, O’Malley continues.

O'Malley: I’m serious, love. I need to find a way to make all this work without relyin’ on any of ye to take care of Owen. Desiree’s got her twins keepin’ her busier than anything. And yer gunna have yer little lass here in the next few weeks. I’ll make sure Owen is looked after, and I’ll make sure ye get to visit when ye can. I just...I need to do this, love. It’s like...it’s like it’ll keep me connected to her, ye know?

Dixie is silent for a moment and when she looks down to Owen who is now touching Misty’s headstone, she takes in a deep breath and nods.

Dixie: Yeah, O’Malley. I know. Just...do what you feel you need to do. And call me if you need anything. I mean it.

O'Malley: I know, love. And thanks. Alright, Owen. Time to go, boyo. Let’s give Auntie Dixie some time to visit yer Mum.

Dixie: O’Malley, you don’t need to leave. Really.

O'Malley: Actually, I do. I’ve been here long enough and it looks like I’ll be teamed with Roxi in this tournament comin’ up so I should probably give her a quick ring to talk about it.

A look of surprise appears on Dixie’s face.

Dixie: Roxi, huh? Well, that’s a good partner to have. Anyway, it was good to see you. And it was great to see you too, Owen. I missed you, little man!

Dixie kneels down to give Owen one last hug before she lets him go and O’Malley scoops him up in his arms. He says his goodbyes to Dixie before taking Owen over to his car and buckling him into his child seat in the backseat. Dixie lets out a sigh before she turns around and looks at Misty’s headstone.

Dixie: What is that husband of yours getting himself into, Misty? I’d tell you to look out for him, but I know I don’t need to.

A couple of minutes later, Dixie watches as O’Malley drives off and away from the cemetery, but she stays a little while longer, trying to feel closer to her sister.

The Next Day…

Back to the grind today. With the official return of SCW just a week away, it’s all hands on deck getting ready for the big show. O’Malley is just walking into the gym owned and operated by Gabriel and Odette Stevens. Training was well underway as he walks through the doors with his duffel bag over his shoulder, and as he’s about to head to the locker room to change into his training gear, Gabriel stops him.

Gabriel: Oi. Nice of you to join us, Mick.

O’Malley chuckles and offers Gabriel a quick shrug.

O'Malley: I know I’m a little late, but I think ye can sympathize with havin’ a cranky two and a half year old on occasion.

Gabriel: That I can. Well, hurry up and go get changed. We got a big match for ya to get ready for.

Gabriel can’t help but crack a smile, but O’Malley rolls his eyes. That was, in part, due to the fact that O’Malley had perhaps the most challenging first round opponent he could have asked for. At least, he thought so.

O'Malley: That ain’t funny. That little dude already ate me head off thinkin’ I was makin’ fun of him!

Gabriel: Well, to be fair, ya probably shouldn’t have asked that question. Treat every opponent the same, regardless of their size. We’re gonna prepare for every match in the same manner, but once ya get title shots, we’ll work ya even harder.

O’Malley’s eyes almost bug out of his head.

O'Malley: Ye mean ye can work me harder than ye already are? Jaysus, what the hell am I gettin’ meself into?

Gabriel chuckles and pats O’Malley on the shoulder. O’Malley turns a few moments later and heads towards the locker room. About ten minutes pass before he’s heading back out of the locker room, dressed in his gear and ready to go. Gabriel is waiting for him just outside the ring, with O’Malley’s sparring opponent already in the ring. O’Malley stops before he gets into the ring, staring at the guy Gabriel chose.

O'Malley: Uhhh...I was serious earlier, ye know. I’m facing a fella who’s under four feet! Facing that…

O’Malley points to the guy in the ring and stares at Gabriel, shocked.

O'Malley: Isn’t gunna get me ready fer this fella! How tall are ye anyway?!

The guy in the ring is about to answer, but Gabriel holds his hand up.

Gabriel: Don’t answer that, because it doesn’t matter. You were serious, and so was I. We don’t know what this guy is gonna bring to the table. I’ve heard that he’s not your stereotypical midget, for lack of a better word, wrestler. This one is serious and wants to be taken as such.

O'Malley: Fair enough, and I get what yer sayin’ Gabriel, but ye gotta see me point here. If I were facing a fella around seven feet tall, I’d need a specific gameplan. I’m facing a fella under four feet so I need a gameplan on how to deal with it, don’t I? No offense to him at all, but it’s gunna presents its challenges facin’ a guy his size, ain’t it? I might be new to all this, but I’m fairly sure I understand how it all works.

Gabriel nods.

Gabriel: True, it will. But you really won’t know until you get into the ring with him. You adapt to everything he’ll throw at you and work with what you have to get the job done. An opponent is an opponent no matter who it is.

O’Malley scratches his head and lets out a sigh.

O'Malley: Well...yer my trainer fer a reason. I still think ye can find a little fella to help me better prepare fer this, but I won’t argue. Maybe Roxi knows someone we can use later in the week…

O’Malley chuckles and climbs into the ring.

Gabriel: Don’t be taking any part of this match as a joke, O’Malley. If Misty were still around, I know she’d tell ya the same damn thing. You try to make a joke of it, it’ll come back to bite ya in the ass. Trust me.

O’Malley turns and looks at Gabriel, a huge grin on his face.

O'Malley: If that fella tries to bite me in the arse, I’ll make sure to let one rip right in his face!

This causes several people to erupt in laughter. Gabriel even manages to crack a smile and laugh at that one, but he just shakes his head.

Gabriel: Don’t say I didn’t warn ya. Get on with it. You’ve got a lot of work to do this week.

O’Malley just nods and he turns around to face his “opponent.” The two exchange a friendly nod before they charge at one another and their sparring session begins.

Well what do ye know? It’s down to me first official match promo for SCW! I gotta admit to all ye lovely lads and lasses out there, I’ve been right feckin’ clueless how to do all this. I’m new to every bit of it, but I guess all I can say is to just bare with me as I learn the ropes. Figuratively and literally. Alrighty, people? Good!

Now that I’ve got that little bit o’ information outta the way, I guess it’s time to get down to business. I’ve got me very first match coming up in just two days and wouldn’t ye know, I’m teamin’ with a very good friend o’ mine, Roxi Johnson! I was a bit leary on signing up fer this tournament an’ all, but me new friend and trainer, Gabriel Stevens, talked me into it. He said it would be a great starting point in getting to know people, and hell, if me and me partner won, I’d have a guaranteed shot at the World Heavyweight Champion! He didn’t have to do much persuading, so I tossed my name into the mix.

Gettin’ Roxi to sign up was a completely different story. I knew it would take more persuading on her part to get her to sign up, but wouldn’t ye know, I had just the perfect bait. I had someone I knew Roxi just couldn’t say no to, and that someone just happens to be me boy, Owen. I knew there was a big chance that me and Roxi wouldn’t get teamed together, but somethin’ in me gut was saying that if she agreed, we’d get paired together. And talk about luck o’ the Irish, it actually happened!

So now it’s time fer our first round match and we’re facing quite the interesting combination. A familiar face, and fellow Gabriel trainee, Evie Baang and her partner...a new little fella to SCW by the name of “Shorty” Devin Tyler. Oops...I went and broke the rules and called him a little fella. Big man is gonna come at me guns blazin’ fer doin’ that!

Ain’t that right, Devin?

Look, I’m gonna be honest here. I’m normally a nice fella. I’m not one to poke fun at a person over their flaws or short comings…**chuckles**...but I guess no matter what the feck I say, yer just gonna get your pint sized little boy undies in a bunch and take offense to every single word. I mean ye’ve already done just that several times on Twitter, so I guess I might as well just play the part, right?

Devin, before this match was made, I knew nothin’ about ye. Hell, I knew nothin’ about most everyone. I was looking forward to making this match a good one with a friendly bit o’ competition, but ye went and royally pissed me off! Ye starting puttin’ words in me mouth, and I won’t stand for that shite, ye little feckin’ header. Don’t know what that means? Look it up, ye gobshite!

I get it, Devin. Ye were born smaller than most others. And because of that, ye were immediately made the target of everyone’s jokes and shite, but did ye ever stop to think that not everyone is that feckin’ ignorant?! Yer bein’ a little judgemental bastard fer puttin’ words in me mouth and assumin’ that everyone is going to make fun o’ ye fer bein’ on the shorter side. Grow a set and man up, because gettin’ offended like that all the time ain’t gonna help yer case any, fella.

So I asked me trainer advice on how I’m supposed to get ready for this match? Big feckin’ deal! It was a legit question, because how the feck am I supposed to know what yer capable of? I’d ask the same question if I was facin’ someone of my height, or yes, even taller, because everyone person has it’s challengers. Jaysus, yer somethin’ else.

Little bit o’ advice, Devin. If ye don’t want people makin’ fun of ye fer yer size, maybe ye should come up with a nickname other than “Shorty.” That’s just beggin’ for more insults, and if ye can’t handle anything that’s thrown at ye, yer in the wrong profession. Or maybe yer balls just haven’t dropped yet. I don’t know really know. But I’ll tell ye something I do know.

I ain’t gonna treat ye any different because of yer size, Devin. I ain’t gonna take it any easier on ye or hold back in case I hurt ye, because ye knew what ye got yerself into when ye got into this profession, so ye deserve everything ye got comin’! Ye think ye got what it takes to be World Heavyweight Champion? Ye think ye stand a chance at beating Kris Ryans IF ye and Evie were somehow to win the whole shebang? Well, keep dreamin’, because as long as I have somethin’ to say about it, it ain’t gonna happen!

Jaysus, I feel sorry for ye, Evie. Despite the fact that ye’ve come across as a cold-hearted ganky lass, I really feel for ye havin’ to team with this fella ye got this year. I heard ye got teamed with that Lord Raab fella last year and somehow managed to win it all. Maybe ye can work yer magic and try and calm little boy down a bit, and maybe ye’d stand a chance.

Ah, who am I kiddin’? Ye don’t! Not to sound too confident an’ all, but Roxi and I...we make a good team. We know each other pretty well. We trust each other so we know what needs to be done to win the whole thing, and I’m personally gonna do whatever it takes to add Blast From The Past winner to Roxi’s SCW achievements, because I know it’s something that has eluded her in the past.

Ye hear that, Roxi? I’m promising ye now, love, I won’t let ye down. Ye’ve always been too good to me in the past, and ye were best friends with Misty, and if I were to let ye down, that’d be like letting her down, too. And that just ain’t something I can live with doin’. We both got our boys that’ll be watchin’ and cheering us on, too, so I know ye’ll be just as devoted as I am. And, win or lose, I’ll be happier than anything just knowin’ I got to team with ye through it all.

We’re doin’ this fer our boys, Nate and Owen. We’re doin’ this fer ourselves. And, most importantly, we’re doin’ this fer Misty, because we both know she’s watchin’ over us, rootin’ fer us to win the whole damn thing.

So all that’s left to say is good luck to the both of ye, Devin and Evie. Because yer gonna need all the luck ye can get facin’ me and Roxi, when we’re determined not to disappoint the most important people in our lives.

This is a fight the both of ye just can’t win.
>