Author Topic: When Her Story Ended  (Read 3191 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
When Her Story Ended
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »
 (OOC Note: Been saving this for a while, and I wasn’t sure I’d get the chance to post it. As some things are going to be revealed soon, now is the perfect time to post this.)

Wednesday December 6th, 2017

Blissful. Simply put, life is blissful for Misty and her family. Her husband, O’Malley, is currently playing with their two year old son, Owen, in the living room of their home in Las Vegas. She as enjoying her “retirement” from wrestling, and spending everyday with her boys, but also the time she got to spend with her daughter, Eden.

Spike had physical custody of Eden, but as they had reclaimed their friendship, for the sake of their kids, Eden spent a lot of time with Misty as well. She would love if Eden were to live with her permanently, but this arrangement is fine just the way it is and she wasn’t about to do anything to mess it up.

As Owen squeals in the other room, Misty looks up briefly with a smile on her face. She’s sitting at the kitchen table helping Eden finish up her homework before taking her back home to Spike and Vixen’s.

Misty: Everything okay in there, babe?!

O’Malley’s boisterous laughter follows soon after.

O'Malley: Everythin’s good, love!

Misty laughs before she looks back down to see where Eden has gotten with her work. To her surprise, Eden has finished everything.

Misty: You’re done?! Geez, that was quick!

Eden: I told you it was easy stuff tonight.

Misty: Uh huh. Let me check it.

Eden: You don’t need to check it, Mom! I’m really good and I know what I’m doing.

Misty’s eyebrow arches and an amused grin appears on her face, momentarily. She holds herself back from laughing before she holds her hand out and snaps her fingers.

Misty: I know you’re one smart cookie, sweetie, but let me just check it real quick.

Eden frowns, but she does as Misty asks. She hands over her homework as she packa up the rest of her backpack while Misty checks over her work. After a minute or two, Misty hands it back over.

Misty: See. That wasn’t so bad. Alright, time to get you back home. Got everything?

Eden: Yep, I do! But I wish I could sleep here tonight. You’ve taken me to school in the morning before!

Misty: I know I have, but I told you that Aunt Dixie was coming over for a little while tonight to watch Owen while O’Malley and I go out for a little bit. We’d love to have you stay but not tonight, sweetie.

Eden pouts. She and Misty stand up from their chairs, and she lets her backpack drop to her side.

Misty: Alright go grab your coat.

Eden sulks off to the coat rack by the front door while Misty heads into the front living room. O’Malley is now keeping Owen occupied with some blocks and over-sized legos.

Misty: Alright I’m going to get Eden back to Spike’s. I shouldn’t be too long. Dixie should be here by the time I get back.

O'Malley: No rush, love. See ye later, Eden. Have a good day at school tomorrow.

Eden: I always have a good day, but thanks! I’ll see you later O’Malley! Bye-bye Owen! You be good for Mom!

Owen giggles and he rushes over to Eden, his arms outstretched.

Owen: ‘Den! ‘Den!

Eden smiles as she picks up her little brother, giving him a quick hug and kiss on his cheek. She puts him back down and he runs back over to O’Malley as Misty puts her jacket on and grabs her keys.

Misty: Be back in a little bit, babe.

O'Malley: Alright, love. I love ye!

Misty: Love you, too, babe.

Misty and Eden then head out the door to Misty’s vehicle in the driveway. Eden jumps into the backseat and buckles in, as Misty hops behind the wheel, turning the engine on a few seconds later. She backs out of the driveway, as they make their way to back Spike’s house.

Life can change in the blink of an eye, and for Misty and her entire family, it just did. One second, she was driving through an intersection, nearing Spike’s neighborhood. The next moment, as she was attempting to come to a stop at a red light, the brakes in her car wouldn’t work. She tried as hard as she could but her car sailed through the red light and into the intersection, where a vehicle coming from her left collided violently into her own.

The impact sent her car spinning, and eventually crashing into a light pole. It was, simply put, tragic. Several drivers who witnessed the accident, and the mangled mess it caused, stopped to check on all those involved. The driver who had hit Misty’s car was still conscious, as one witness had found out as soon as they went running up to the other vehicle.

But another witness would soon find out that the condition of Misty and her young daughter in the backseat were much worse.

Witness: Ma’am? Ma’am, can you hear me?!

The gentleman shouted to Misty as he rushed up to her car. The window to her door was broken out and her head was slumped back against the headrest. She was breathing, but just barely.

Witness: Ma’am I called the paramedics. Can you tell me your name?

Misty’s eyes fluttered open, and she looked towards the good samaritan near her. Her mouth opened slightly and she fought through shallow breaths to get the words out.

Misty: Save...save my...baby…

And that was all she could say. Those were the last words she spoke. Her eyes fluttered closed soon after, and she let out her last breath. As the good samaritan looked into the back seat, an even more horrified look appeared on his face as he saw Eden unconscious, strapped into the back seat.

Witness: Oh...Oh God…

The sound of sirens quickly approaching followed as more people rushed up to the car, and the young gentleman ran towards the back of the car to get a better view of Eden, who he hoped was still alive.

O'Malley: Misty should be home by now.

O’Malley sat in the living room with Misty’s youngest sister, Dixie. She had Owen cradled in her lap, and she looked up at O’Malley, a calm smile on her face.

Dixie: She probably got to talking with Vixen or something. You know how she is.

O’Malley nodded, wanting to agree with Dixie. But the hesitant look on his face told a different story.

O'Malley: Maybe yer right. I just can’t help but have a bad feelin’ right now.

Dixie: Relax, O’Malley. She’ll be back in a few minutes and then you two can go on your—

Just then there was a knock on the door. O’Malley looked out the front window and his heart sank. A police car was now in front of the house. He sprang to his feet and Dixie watched as he rushed to the front door, confused.

Dixie: O’Malley? Who is it?

The answer would come soon after as O’Malley opened the door to a waiting police officer. Dixie stood up from the sofa and walked up behind O’Malley, still holding Owen.

Officer: Mr. O’Malley?

O'Malley: That’s me. What...what’s happened? Where’s me wife?

The somber expression written all over the officer’s face said it all. He removed his cap, and Dixie looked on, with horror.

Officer: There’s been an accident, sir. Your daughter has been—

O'Malley: Stepdaughter. And Eden’s been what?!

Officer: I apologize. She’s been transported to a local hospital. I don’t know the extent of her injuries at the moment.

Dixie: Oh God...Where’s Misty?!

The officer blinked a few times as he looked at Dixie and then back to O’Malley.

Officer: I’m sorry to have to tell you, but your wife didn’t survive the accident. A man who witnessed the accident and stopped said he spoke to her briefly, but she was gone by the time the paramedics arrived. I’m...I’m sorry.

Dixie’s face changed drastically as she hugged Owen close, and O’Malley’s knees went weak. He was barely able to stay standing and leaned his hand against the wall for support. He shook his head furiously as Dixie backed away and returned to the living room, tears now running down her face. And poor Owen had no idea what was going on.

O'Malley: There...there has to be some sort of mistake. She...she’s not dead. She can’t be! Where’s me wife?!

Officer: Mr. O’Malley, I can’t express how sorry I am for your loss, but there is no mistake. I actually need you to come with me to identify—

O'Malley: She...she’s...MISTY!

He wasn’t able to keep himself standing any longer as he crumpled to the floor and started hyperventilating soon after. Moments later Owen started crying, but only because Dixie and O’Malley were sobbing and he was feeding off of their reactions to the fact that Misty…

Misty was gone...And she wouldn’t be coming back.

TBC...
>

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
When Her Story Ended
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »

December 12th, 2017
A Final Goodbye
Palm Eastern Cemetery

It was the day that he was dreading. The day that he thought he would never have to go through- especially so soon. Today was the day that O’Malley had to go through the unbearable task of burying the love of his life. The mother of his child. His wife and SCW Hall of Fame legend, Misty.

Misty had tragically died just one week earlier in a terrible car accident that was, as of this day, still being investigated. Misty’s daughter, Eden Staggs, had survived the accident but had to undergo an emergency surgery as a result of her injuries. She had since been released from the hospital and was slowly recovering, but the wound caused by the loss of her mother hadn’t even begun to heal. And Eden wasn’t the only one having to deal with such a loss.

Everyone was feeling it. Misty’s closest friends. Misty’s family. Not a single person wasn’t shocked by the loss, but one thing was certain. After leaving the graveside service, everything would have to go on as it was. Everyone would have to move on and somehow find a way to heal.

Including O’Malley. Her husband of less than a year.

After the pastor had spoken his final words and the service ended, everyone made their way to the casket, placing a solemn hand on it and saying their final goodbye. Everyone, that is, except O’Malley. He remained seated, staring at the casket, unable to move. It all felt like a terrible nightmare he couldn’t wake up from. Even when a hand reached for his shoulder, he didn’t move an inch or take his eyes off his beloved wife’s casket.

Dixie: O’Malley? Everyone is heading to the luncheon now. We..we have to go.

He just blinked his eyes slowly, refusing to move.

O'Malley: Can ye take Owen and head there without me, Dixie? I…

He closes his eyes, choking back tears. Dixie understood. She didn’t think it was a good idea to leave him here like this, but she knew he needed time and she wasn’t about to force him to leave.

Dixie: Sure. Take all the time you need. I’ll make sure Owen is taken care of.

O'Malley: Thanks, love.

Dixie gently pats his shoulder, offering him only that sign of comfort. She, too, was feeling the pain of losing her sister, but she was trying her best to be strong. Her husband was perhaps the most supportive person she had right now, and she couldn’t even imagine the pain O’Malley was going through, losing his wife. She turns back around and heads towards the car where her husband and Owen are already waiting, and O’Malley turns around just as she opens the passenger side door.

O'Malley: Dixie?!

Dixie turns and looks back to O’Malley.

Dixie: Yeah?

O'Malley: I mean it, love. Thanks fer everything ye’ve done lately.

Dixie nods once, and fights back tears of her own.

Dixie: We’re family, O’Malley. We’re going through this together.

They both share a single simple heartbreaking nod before Dixie gets into the car. Owen can be seen waving his sippy cup through the back window and O’Malley waves to his son as they drive off and away from the cemetery. Once they are out of view, O’Malley turns his attention back to Misty’s casket, sitting in complete silence for a while. He considers standing up, but he can’t. He’s frozen right where he is, and all he wants is for Misty to walk up behind him, revealing this all to be a terrible nightmare.

O'Malley: C’mon, love. Help me wake up here.

He finally speaks out loud, hoping Misty can hear him. There is no response, however, and he just shakes his head.

O'Malley: I shouldn’t be doin’ this, ye know. I shouldn’t be sittin’ ‘ere, staring at that casket knowin’ yer layin’ inside there. I shouldn’t be waiting fer them to lower ye into the ground. I shouldn’t be buryin’ ye, Misty. Ye should be buryin’ me!

All the pent up emotions start to surface now that no one is around. Every bit of sadness, anger and downright confusion start boiling up to the surface.

O'Malley: How am I gunna raise our boy, Misty? How am I gunna raise him properly without ye around? He needs his mother! He needs ye, Misty, and this shite just isn’t fair! It ain’t right! Why can’t I just feckin’ wake up from all of this already?!

He sits up in the chair, leans forward and buries his head in his hands. He’s unable to hold back the tears now, knowing this isn’t a nightmare that he can wake up from. It’s a nightmare that he has to live for the rest of his life.

O'Malley: I can’t do it, Misty. I can’t do it without ye. I...I should be the one layin’ in that damn casket right now. I shoulda been dead years ago, and ye knew that much. I never shoulda survived bein’ hit by that car. Ye never should have come back to Ireland to see me layin’ in that damn hospital. Ye should have known that hearin’ yer voice...Why can’t me voice do the same fer ye, love? Why can’t it wake ye up?!

He begins to sob now and when he raises his head up and looks at the casket again, he falls out of the chair and drops to his knees. He stays there for a long while before cemetery workers approach him as gently as they can.

Worker #1: E-excuse me, sir? I...I’m so sorry to have to do this, but...We need to lower the casket now.

O’Malley looks up, his eyes puffy and swollen from the tears. He takes in a few deep breaths, gathers himself and returns to the chair.

O'Malley: Do it…

Both men look at one another and then back to O’Malley.

Worker #2: With all due respect, sir...that might not be a good idea for you to see that.

Worker #1: He’s right. We’re terribly sorry for your loss, but this isn’t something most people want to be around for.

O’Malley narrows his eyes angrily.

O'Malley: Just do your feckin’ job and bury me wife! I ain’t leavin’ her yet!

Worker #1: Alright. Alright. I...I’m sorry. Really, I am.

Without further argument, the men begin clearing the chairs from around Misty’s grave, and O’Malley. They work around him, as he keeps his eyes on Misty’s casket the entire time. Just before they start to lower the casket into the ground, they look towards O’Malley, thinking and quietly hoping he’ll have changed his mind and not want to witness it, but he doesn’t. He stays right where he is, and with one nod to the other, they finally start to lower her casket into the ground.

And O’Malley stays there watching the entire time…

(TBC…)
>