Author Topic: HIGH VELOCITY vs DESPAYRE and JAKE SULLIVAN  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
HIGH VELOCITY vs DESPAYRE and JAKE SULLIVAN
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
 Post all roleplays here.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »
 It’s been about five months since anyone in SCW has seen or heard anything from former World Heavyweight Champion, Jake Sullivan- formerly known as Rage. Following his victory over Calvin Harris, the man who would win the World Heavyweight Championship just a couple of months later, Jake, Kittie and his daughter Ember returned home to Las Vegas. And while Jake had fully intended to continue his wrestling career with SCW for as long as he could, life had other plans in the weeks following Summer XXXTreme V.

After returning home, Ember had her very first meltdown. It was to be expected, given the drastic changes to her life in such a short amount of time. She had lost her uncle, the man whom she thought was her biological father. And her mother, whom she thought was her aunt. And following all of that, her real biological father, Jake, had come to Michigan to take custody of her, taking her from the only home she’d ever known to go live in Las Vegas. To say the poor girl was a bit traumatized was perhaps an understatement.

It was that, along with what happened in the weeks that followed Summer XXXTreme V, that Jake ultimately made the decision to quietly disappear from SCW and try to lead as normal a life as possible with Kittie and Ember. What happened, you ask? Let’s rewind time a little bit, and you can find out for yourself.

August 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada

It’s the middle of the night in the Sullivan home, and everyone is fast asleep. At least they should be at this hour. Kittie is cuddled up in Jake’s arms and he snores away loudly as they sleep in their bed. And just down the hall, Ember is tucked into her bed. This has been the norm for the past few weeks, and Jake couldn’t be happier with life, for the first time in, well...ever.

As Jake continues to snore, sucking in a deep breath and letting out an even louder snore, Kittie rolls over and away from him, though she somehow remains fast asleep. A few moments later, their bedroom door slowly squeaks open and Ember shuffles her way into the room, heading over to Jake’s side of the bed. She doesn’t look very well as she puts her hand on her father’s chest and shakes him, trying to wake him up.

Ember: Daddy...Daddy…

She shakes him again, and while Jake would have sprung out of bed in the past, having been startled awake, his eyes slowly flutter open as he looks up at Ember.

Jake: Em, what’s wrong, kid?

Ember: Daddy...I don’t...feel so...good…

Kittie has woken up by this time, and she has turned on the light next to the bed. Jake springs up as he takes one look at his daughter and the expression on his face falls.

Kittie: What’s wrong??

Jake puts his hand on Ember’s forehead, and that’s when he realizes just how sick she may be.

Jake: Shit. She’s burning up, Kittie.

And before he knows it, Ember backs up just a little bit, and the poor girl gets sick all over the floor, just barely missing his bare feet.

Kittie: We have to get her to the hospital.

Jake: Alright. Let’s go. Kittie, grab one of my shirts out of the closet for me. Come on Ember, let’s go.

Jake scoops Ember up into his arms, and moments later the three of them are rushing out the door. Jake puts Ember into the backseat with Kittie and he hops behind the wheel and he speeds off away from the house and towards the hospital. Within minutes he was pulling up to the emergency room, taking Ember in his arms again. Kittie took the task of parking the car as Jake rushed Ember inside.

Thankfully, the emergency room wasn’t very busy tonight, which meant their wait time was much much shorter. Within just a short while, Ember had already been triaged and brought into an exam room. Her vitals had been checked and she was already being given fluids through an IV. But as he watched her laying on the gurney, in so much discomfort, an unfamiliar feeling hit Jake.

Worry. Concern. Downright terror that something serious was wrong with his daughter. And Kittie was doing everything she could to comfort him and reassure him that everything would be alright.

Kittie: She’s going to be fine, Jake. We got her here quickly.

Jake: Maybe we should have brought her in earlier? I mean, she was complaining her stomach was bothering her when she went to bed. What if--

Kittie: Relax, alright. Worrying like this isn’t going to help her, or you.

Jake takes in a deep breath as he looks back to Ember. A few moments later, the ER doctor walks into the room, heading right over to Ember’s bedside.

Doctor: Hello Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan. Ember. I’m Dr. Clayburn. I’m the doctor on staff tonight. Ember, I’d like to examine your belly a bit. Is that ok?

Jake looks at Kittie, confused. She shrugs her shoulders, but they look at Ember and Dr. Clayburn. Ember slowly nods her head.

Ember: It...hurts.

Dr. Clayburn: I know, sweetheart. You let me know right away if anything I do makes it hurt worse, okay?

Ember again nods, and Dr. Clayburn starts to examine Ember’s abdomen. At one point, he barely touches her belly and she lets out a winced pain, and that puts an end to his examination immediately.

Dr. Clayburn: Alright, Ember, I’m done for now. Give me just a second so I can talk to your parents.

Ember nods and she closes her eyes, trying to get some rest. Dr. Clayburn turns to Jake and Kittie, taking in a deep breath.

Jake: What is it? What’s wrong with my daughter?

Dr. Clayburn: It appears that Ember has appendicitis. Her appendix hasn’t burst yet, but if we don’t do surgery soon, it could and it could cause things to get much worse.

Jake: Surgery?! You can’t just give her some medicine or something?

Kittie: Babe, appendicitis doesn’t work like that.

Dr. Clayburn: Your wife is right. Especially in your daughter’s case. Her appendix is very inflamed, and that is what caused her to get sick earlier. She needs emergency surgery before things get worse for her. We see these all the time. Surgery can be a scary thing, but we have some of the finest surgeons in the country so trust me when I say that Ember will be taken well care of.

Jake looks back to Kittie, and the terror written all over his face is perhaps worse than it was before. The thought of his daughter on an operating table wasn’t something he thought he’d ever have to think about, but leave it to now to test his strength as a father.

Jake: Just...do what you have to do.

Dr. Clayburn: Alright. I’ll start getting things prepped and a surgical team will be here shortly. Everything will be fine.

Dr. Clayburn turns to Ember.

Dr. Clayburn: Don’t worry, Ember. We’re going to get you feeling better real soon.

A few moments later he walks out the door, and Jake and Kittie walk back up to Ember’s bedside. Ember opens her eyes and looks up sadly at her father, and Kittie.

Ember: I have to...have an operation?

Jake: Yeah. Yeah, you do, kiddo. But it’s going to make you feel better, so we have to let the doctors do their job.

Kittie: Don’t worry, Em. We’ll be right here the whole time, okay?

Ember closes her eyes and slowly nods her head as Jake just squeezes her hand lightly. A few minutes later, a few nurses appear in the room to transport her up to the surgical floor. Jake and Kittie follow behind the entire time, and even despite what the doctor said, Jake’s stomach is filled with pure dread.

Just a few months ago, he was adamant on not being a part of Ember’s life, thinking she was better off without him as a father. But now? Now she’s been brought into his life under horrible circumstances, but it’s proven to be one of the best things to have ever happened to him. And he couldn’t imagine anything worse happening to his little girl…

PRESENT DAY

*DING DONG!*

No, that is not someone calling someone else a ding dong. That, actually, is supposed to be the sound of the doorbell to Jake and Kittie’s home. Their surprise visitor waits outside for someone to open the door for them, and that person just happens to be now eleven year old Ember. She opens the door and looks outside, a big smile appearing on her face.

Ember: Uncle Gabriel!

Gabriel doesn’t even have to be invited in and Ember offers him a quick hug, which he accepts.

Ember: Where’s Aunt Odette and Lucas?

Gabriel: Good to see ya, Em. And they’re back at home. I need to talk to your dad real quick, but we’ll try and set something up soon so you can visit with Odette and Lucas.

Ember: Alright, cool!

Ember turns around a moment later, heading towards the stairs leading down to the basement.

Ember: Daddy! Uncle Gabriel is here to see you!

She shouts as loud as she can and Gabriel just chuckles.

Gabriel: A little louder next time…

Ember: I might have to if he has his earphones in.

Luckily for everyone in the house, she doesn’t need to. The sound of a door closing downstairs is heard before Jake bounds up the stairs a few moments later. And just as Ember starts running up the stairs to her room, Kittie starts walking down. Jake has a small towel wrapped around his neck, tell tale signs of his daily workout.

Jake: Hey Gabriel. What are you doing here?

Kittie: Hey Gabriel.

Gabriel: Peanut head. Kittie. Good to see the two of ya.

Jake rolls his eyes.

Jake: You just can’t call me by Jake, can you?

Gabriel shakes his head.

Gabriel: Nope. It just sounds...weird.

Jake shakes his head as he walks over to the refrigerator and pulls out a bottle of water. He pulls a bottle of beer out, offering it to Gabriel.

Gabriel: No thanks. I’m gonna pass on that for right now.

Jake shrugs and returns the bottle of beer to the fridge. He twists the cap off of his water and takes a huge gulp before he turns to look at Gabriel, still curious.

Jake: So what’s up? You don’t always drop by for visits. Everything okay?

Gabriel nods.

Gabriel: Oh, everything’s good. No need to worry there. I just have a favor to ask of you.

Jake looks at Kittie curiously. She shrugs, just as lost as he is.

Jake: You? Asking me a favor? This ought to be good.

Gabriel: Oh I think it could be. Look, you know that SCW is closing up in a few weeks, right?

Jake nods.

Jake: Who doesn’t? But what does that have to do with anything?

Gabriel: Well, you see, Despy has been bugging me to team up with him one last time at Full Circle. He wants to have that one last match, but he doesn’t want it to be a singles match, so of course he’s begging me to come back for one last match.

Jake: Ok…

Gabriel grins and takes in a deep breath.

Gabriel: You know I don’t like turning him down on anything, but that last injury I had is still bugging me a bit so I don’t think I should risk getting in the ring again. So that is where you come in…

Jake nearly chokes on his water and he starts shaking his head.

Jake: You’re joking right?

Gabriel shakes his head.

Gabriel: ‘fraid not.

Kittie: You’re not honestly thinking of saying no, are you?

Jake sets his bottle of water down on the counter and looks back to Kittie, shaking his head.

Jake: No, I’m not. But come on. Despy wants to team with Gabriel. He’s not going to agree to teaming with me when he’d rather have his *air quotes* big brother teaming with him. He won’t do it.

Gabriel: Sure he will. You’ve teamed with him before. You two even won the tag team titles. He might not like it at first, but in the end, all he wants is one last tag team match in SCW so he’ll agree to it.

Jake: I don’t know. I was planning on being at the show and all, but I don’t really want to get into the ring again. I’ve got Ember to think about right now, and…

Gabriel laughs and shakes his head.

Gabriel: I get why you’re hesitant, peanut head. Trust me, I know how much being a father changes us. But this is just one match. You don’t need to worry about Ember. Once this match is over with, you’ll be back at home for good, because SCW won’t even be up and running for you to get that itch again.

Kittie: He’s right. Besides, you know that Ember felt guilty before when you told her you were done wrestling for good.

Jake: She had to have surgery, Kittie. She had nothing to feel guilty about, but like hell I was going to continue wrestling after that.

Gabriel: She’s a tough kid.

Jake laughs.

Jake: Yeah, no kidding. She was practically bouncing around again a couple of days after surgery. But, shit, that was terrifying.

Gabriel: I can’t even imagine watching Lucas go through something like that. But that was five months ago. She’s all healed up. And you have the chance to help SCW go out with a bang like it should. Ember can hang out with all of us backstage during your match and after the show, it’s living the carefree life, free of wrestling.

Gabriel and Kittie stare at Jake, waiting for him to answer. He finishes off his bottle of water and carefully thinks over in his mind what he wants to do. After a few moments, he takes in a deep breath and looks back to Gabriel.

Jake: Alright, fine. I’ll do it.

Gabriel: Great! Thanks, bud. Let’s go.

Jake raises an eyebrow and stares at Gabriel, confused.

Jake: Go? Go where? The show isn’t for a few weeks, Gabriel.

Gabriel: Oh I know that. But someone’s gotta tell Despy the good news, and I told him I was coming over today, so…

Jake starts shaking his head again.

Jake: Uh huh! No! You tell him, then! This was your idea, so you should tell him.

Kittie: Just do it, Jake. I don’t know what you’re so afraid of.

Jake: You’re joking, right?! This is Despy we’re talking about…

Gabriel: You don’t give the little guy enough credit. Just go upstairs, put on a clean shirt and meet me at Synn’s in a little bit.

Jake lowers his head and shakes it, knowing he can’t talk his way out of this.

Jake: Alright, fine. You head on over and I’ll be there in a little bit.

Gabriel: Alright, bud.

Gabriel then turns and leaves, as Jake starts grumbling under his breath and heads upstairs to get a clean shirt. Kittie just laughs as she disappears upstairs behind Jake.

A little while later, Jake finds himself sitting in the spacious front living room of Synn’s home. Gabriel and Synn are with him and their waiting for Despayre to come downstairs and join them.

Synn: Joshua!

“COMING!”

Gabriel and Jake share a laugh and a few moments later, Despayre can be heard running out of his room and then downstairs, clutching Angel in his grasp, of course. He rushes over to the sofas, excited to see Gabriel, but when he sees, Jake, his excitement turns to confusion.

Despayre: What’s Uncle Rage doing here?

Jake: Despy, how many times do I have to tell you that I’m Jake now. Not Rage.

Despayre: I don’t know. How many?

Gabriel laughs and Jake just sighs and shakes his head.

Jake: Every time, apparently.

Despayre: Well, you still LOOK like Rage to me. You don’t look like someone else.

Synn: Alright. Let’s not get into this discussion again.

Gabriel: I know, Despy. It’s confusing and even a little weird to me, too.

Despayre: See! He gets it!

Jake grumbles again, just a hint of his former Rage-self shining through, but he shrugs it off and sits back on the sofa.

Synn: Joshua, Jake is here because he and Gabriel have something they want to tell you.

Despayre: Oh. Ok!

Gabriel turns and looks to Jake, expecting him to be the first to say something. Jake just laughs and shakes his head.

Jake: Uh huh. You tell him. It was your idea!

Gabriel: You’re such a wimp, ya know that?!

Despayre: Why are you guys acting so weird?

Jake: Well, because I don’t think you’re going to take be too excited about what Gabriel is about to tell you.

Gabriel rolls his eyes and turns to look back to Despayre.

Gabriel: Alright, Despy. Here’s the deal. I told Ra...Erm, Jake, that you wanted to wrestle one last tag team match at Full Circle to help send off SCW in a big way. Now, I know you were hoping to team with me.

Jake: But he won’t be able to do it, Despy. His injury is still nagging him a bit, so…

Despayre: What? No! I want to team with Gabriel!

Gabriel: I know you do, Despy. I wish I could do it, but Jake here agreed to take my place. He’s going to team with you at Full Circle.

Despayre’s jaw drops and he looks back and forth from Gabriel to Jake. He then turns and looks at Synn, who nods slowly. He walks up, standing in front of Jake, remaining eerily calm for a few seconds before he rears his foot back and swings it forward, kicking Jake in the shin! Any other time, Jake would have spring to his feet, howling in pain, but this time he cracks a smile and starts laughing, as Despayre stands there, confused.

Despayre: Huh?

Jake leans forward and pulls up his pant leg to reveal a shin guard protecting his leg. Gabriel and Synn are sharing a chuckle and as Jake tries to put his pant leg back down, Despayre takes him off guard by headbutting him instead! The move doesn’t even phase Despayre, but Jake is left seeing stars.

Despayre: I won’t do it!

Jake: OW! SON OF A...YOU HAVE A HARD HEAD!!

Despayre then runs off, storming back upstairs as Jake leans back, holding his head. Gabriel doesn’t even bother holding back his laughter. Jake growls and elbows Gabriel in the arm as Gabriel continues laughing.

Jake: I told you he wasn’t going to like it.

Gabriel: Oh, I know. But I missed watching him get the better of ya, so I made ya do it anyway.

As Gabriel continues laughing, and Synn just shakes his head at the display, Theresa walks out of the kitchen with a bag of ice. She walks up to Jake, handing it to him, which only elicits more laughter from Gabriel, before she turns and heads back into the kitchen. Jake mumbles under his breath as he holds the bag of ice up to his head. Whether or not Despayre will agree to teaming with him...well, that remains to be seen…

This is it. It all comes down to this, doesn’t it? One night. One match. One last time. The end of Sin City Wrestling. The end...of an era.

I never thought I’d see the day, and if I’m honest, I never thought I’d even be a part of the final show for SCW at all. I thought Mark and Christian would keep this place going for years until I was at the point where my body wouldn’t even be able to handle going into one last match, but I guess things don’t always happen the way we think they will, do they?

My time in SCW was, to be honest, like a roller coaster ride. I had my highs, winning the World Heavyweight Championship a total of three times. I was a two-time tag team champion and a two-time Internet Champion. Some would say that those accomplishments speak for themselves, but I’m going to be honest with you people here. Even despite all of that...even though I was a multi-time champion, I never felt like I accomplished everything I ever really set out to be.

And now...I’ll never get that chance.

Don’t get me wrong, last summer I made the choice to give it all up. I chose to focus on my family...on my daughter who needed me more, instead of climbing the ladder again and going for one last run. One final GREAT run. It was a sacrifice that didn’t come easy, but I guess deep down a part of me thought that maybe I’d still have that chance to come back in a few years once Ember was older.

Again, I was wrong.

I don’t regret any of it and I never will. I’ll just regret it if I let SCW go out under circumstances less than it truly deserves.

This tag team match with Despayre might not be considered match of the night, but that doesn’t matter to me. All that matters is walking out to that six-sided ring one final time and putting on a great match. Not only for SCW and the fans, but for myself. And for Despayre.

Terry Coleman and Bradley King...better known as High Velocity. I gotta be honest here. I don’t know who either of these guys are, or how long they’ve been in SCW. But, to be even more honest, I don’t even care. I couldn’t care less if Despy and I were going out to face the Tag Team Champions. It doesn’t erase the fact that this match...this is it. This is the very last time that I will ever wrestling in the six-sided ring...in any ring, for that matter. And I’m going to give it my all no matter what.

And I expect the same from you two, Terry and Bradley. I know you’re wanting to go out there and go out with a win, but I hate to break it to ya, I can’t allow that to happen. And neither will Despayre. You see, between the two of us, we’ve done more for SCW than the two of you have, and a loss for the pair of us? Just ain’t happening.

I’m not the same guy I was a year ago, boys. I could sit here and try and sling out any insult at ya that I could think of, making shit up as I go along simply because that’s just what I did. But I won’t do that. I can’t do that. But I can’t talk highly of ya either, because I know nothing about you. It’s why I’m not going to sit here, wasting my breath or my time droning on and on, because I’m going to go back to my gym and start preparing for this match. I’m going to focus on doing what needs to be done to make sure that Despayre and I get one last win in SCW.

I know you boys won’t like it, but it’s just the way it is. Maybe if you two had gone up against The Surf Boys you would have lucked out and gotten a win, but it just didn’t work out that way.

Full Circle is just one week away. SCW’s time is coming to an end, and the Sins are going to make sure it goes out with a bang.

See you next week, boys!

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 03:53:41 PM »

<audio controls="controls">
<source src="http://www.geocities.ws/scwmaterial/1983%20-%20Opening%20Titles%20-%20Masterpiece%20Theater%20-%20Public%20Television%20PBS.mp3" />
<source src="yourURL.ogg" />
<!-- fallback -->
 <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"                                                        
   flashvars="audioUrl=yourURL.mp3"    
    src="http://www.geocities.ws/scwmaterial/1983%20-%20Opening%20Titles%20-%20Masterpiece%20Theater%20-%20Public%20Television%20PBS.mp3"  
    width="650 height="100 quality="best">

Messterpiece Theater
w/Joshua Kooky

As the classical theme song played in the background, the opening shot is that of a book's spine where inscribed in gold lettering was "Messterpiece Theater". It rolled over and faded to a close up shot of a tabletop, fine oak and a silver bowl filled with Skittles. Fade to a large tome, an original edition of "Lord of the Rings", open wide on a pedestal and a purple sash draped down the center as a place saver. The camera pans to the right of the book to a bust of He-Man of the "Masters of the Universe" franchise. Moving aside from that, a silver tray piled high with Chocolate Reisens and Starburst, and a glass decanter filled with glorious purple Skittles. Moving further up the elegant table was a framed photograph of a teddy bear (two guesses as to who!) and just behind that, in a gold leaf frame, a picture of Queen Elizabeth herself. The camera panned over to a small row of books, personal favorites such as "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" and "Where the Wild Things Are."

The camera panned across a large display case, where rested several championship belts with golden emblems, such as the AWA International, AWA World Tag Team, NWA World Tag Team, SCW World Tag Team, and SCW Internet. Also in the case was an elaborate trophy for the Blast From the Past Memorial tournament, along with a Hall of Fame plaque and four Most Popular of the Year trophies.

A bookcase was set on the far wall, and there, seated in an old English chair before it ands in front of a window looking out across the night skyline, was our host. Clad in a purple smoking robe and Grumpy Cat slippers. A bubble pipe in his hand and a crystal goblet of Cherry Coke on the table at his left. With an open book on his lap, he looked up to the camera and smiled.

"Good evening friends, and welcome to yet another edition of 'Messterpiece Theater.' I am your host, Joshua Kooky. My oh my indeed, it has been awhile since our last visit, has it not? So much to talk about. So much to discuss. First and foremost, we come to the final edition in the story of Sin City Wrestling. So many fine and wondrous tales in this land of battles and myths. Friendships forged from day one, as dynasties grew to the heavens. Tales of enemies engaged in all-out war, and betrayals of loved ones. It was all here. It was all a part of us. But like any good tale, it now comes to an end. The final battle takes place in just a matter of days, one titled Full Circle. And that is where I come to you now."

"For you see, it is here where a friendship turned betrayal came upon us, only for mistakes to be forgiven and hatchets be buried somewhere other than in someone's noggin'. The Artist Formerly Known As Rage had once been aligned with the anti-heroes of this tale, known as the Seven Deadly Sins. After so many years fighting at their side, he had decided to go rogue and align himself with the dastardly Brat Prince who ruled the land. The Artist supposedly did so in the misguided belief that this action would allow him to get that much closer to the Prince's throne and overthrow his Kingdom for himself, but alas, it did not work out as he had hoped. But then the Artist recanted his allegiance with the Prince, and instead sought to reclaim the family he had left behind. And now, that Artist will meet his darling and adorable little brother, the brave Despayre..."

He smiled and pointed at himself as if to silently proclaim, 'That's me!' before he continued, "... in the gladiatorial arena of the land of Sin City! But no, they are not opposed to one another as they had been once before in the past. This time, they fight once again side by side as they had before the Prince brainwashed the Artist, and they find themselves against two others in an all out combat to entertain the masses!"

He nodded knowingly.

"Their opposition believe that they have a haunting advantage, being the fact that they are close friends. Close as brothers, perhaps? Terrance and Bradley, no last names. Collectively known by the moniker High Velocity, Terry and Brad look to drive a wedge between the Artist Now Known As Jake and Despayre, and how better to accomplish this than by defeating them in combat on the very last battle in the City of Sin? But as high the hopes are of the dastardly villains to our daunting heroes, these hopes will assuredly be dashed by the former Champions of the Arena. Because Jake and Despayre have the edge in experience together, both as a team and as teammates. When you have fought together as often as they have, you form a bond forged in blood, sweat and tears! Individually, both Despayre and Jake have had success in lone battles against the various combatants brought in before them. Both have waged war with the champions of different lands, and the Kingdom itself! But together? Together Jake and Despayre rose above all together, as Despayre had done with past partners. Together they became champions in the arena, and never lost that distinction before they had to step down."

"And High Velocity?"

He shook his head and clucked his tongue in a classic "tsk, tsk."

"Sadly the same can not be said. About either of the men in lone combat or together as a team. And yet they stand in the path of our heroes, believing they can defeat them and send Despayre and Jake home to their families in shame, while the watchers in the stands jeer them and cheer Bradley and Terrence?"

Joshua Kooky leaned back in his chair and kicked an ankle up over his knee. He reached a hand over to pick up his crystal glass of Cherry Coke.

"I know this is a work of fiction gentlemen, but that's a bit much. Even for the two of you."

He took a sip of his Cherry Coke and sat the glass back down to continue.

"Everything between Jake and Despayre will come Full Circle, and will end not at all well for Bradley and Terrance. Their defeat is at hand, and why? Because when all is said and done, you can not break a bond forged together over the years like what our heroes have. The defeat of High Velocity is imminent, and the people will celebrate with such fanfare the world of Sin City has never seen!"

Joshua picked up his now-empty bubble pipe and proceeded to give it a soapy refill. He took just enough time to breathe a few bubbles out into the air, extending a forefinger to pop one. He giggled in delight before he continued.

"And to the Higher Powers of this world, Mark and Christian? The world thanks the two of you for creating this arena, and for all that you have done these past six years to sustain it and entertain all. This last win for Jake and Despayre?"

He held up his pipe and smiled.

"This one is dedicated to you."

Joshua then opened his book back up and started to read once again with the pipe in his lips, as the camera drew out and faded out.

Las Vegas

Their eyes watched as Despayre had vanished to the second level of his and Synn's home, and the slamming of his bedroom door only served to further prove that the little guy's mood has become decidedly sour to this proposed idea for the final Supercard of Sin City Wrestling. Jake exhaled sharply from his nose and Synn, his eyes once closed from his son's spoiled temper, turned his head to his guest.

Synn said, "Try not to take it personally."

"Bother me?" Jake replied, his eyebrows rising to his hairline -- or where his hairline would be had he possessed any hair. "You kidding? The kid wants to have a tag team match and when he's offered a spot with me as his partner, he kicks me and head butts me, then throws a tantrum and vanishes upstairs." Jake held his arms out and said with a sarcastic tone, "Why in HELL would I take that personally?"

Synn huffed and shook his head, "Christ you're being a goddam drama queen. He had the same reaction four years ago when you stepped in for Gabriel, and what happened?"

"He kicked me then too!" Jake retorted hotly.

"Not that!" Synn answered back with just as much heat. "You two won the tag team titles!"

"You'd think he'd remember that, then." Jake said. His eyes once again rose to the second floor atop the stairs. "Why the hell does the kid have such a block on the idea of teaming with me?"

Synn sighed, "He just really had his heart set on teaming with Gabriel one more time. How often does the kid not get something that he really wants?"

"And who's fault is that?" Jake half smirked.

Synn's fingers curled against his lips as he contemplated the fault, saying, "Personally I blame Theresa and Gabriel. Maybe his mother just a touch."

Jake snorted at Synn's oblivious nature at accepting fault with, well -- anything.

Jake then frowned and looked to Synn. "You think he still has a grudge over that deal with J2H last year?"

"It's possible." Synn shook his head. "But somehow I doubt it. You know Joshua. He's not the type to bear a grudge for long. There's something else, I know my son."

That being said, Synn started to head upstairs to find out just what his son's deal was regarding his recently signed match at Full Circle, but he paused once he realized that Jake was right behind him.

"Are you sure you want to come?" Synn smiled but was sincere in his question. "Joshua might be armed."

Jake snorted, "I think I'll take my chances."

And mere moments followed before there was a knock on the door of Despayre's hidey-hole (aka his bedroom) and Synn called, "Joshua? It's us. We're coming in." That being said, the door was opened and the moment Synn stepped into the threshold of the room, he quickly ducked low as a Daffy Duck Funko Pop figurine soared across the room and struck Jake right in the forehead -- the same spot where he had just been head butted minutes ago!

"OW! SONOFA...!!!"

"Got him! Good throw Angel!"

Synn then stood upright and said to Jake who was rubbing his sore forehead, "I told you I knew my son." Synn then turned to address Despayre who had in the past minutes turned his bed and desk into an impressive blanket fort in which to carry out battle.

"And you," Synn turned back to his son and Despayre's eyes snapped to wide-eyed attention towards his father, his hero. Moving further inside, Synn glanced down at the figurine but did not bother to pick it up as he said, "Continue throwing those useless things like that and you won't get any more."

Despayre gasped in horror at the thought of his newest obsession being cut short. Synn took a seat on the edge of the bed, while Jake took the desk's chair and turned it around so that he might straddle the seat with his forearms rested on the back. "Despy," Jake started. "Why don't you want to team with me again?"

Despayre looked up toward the big man from the shadows of his fort, eyes narrowed and a bottom lip jetted out in a classic childlike pout. His only answer came in a hushed, timid whisper, "I wanted to team with Gabriel."

"I know Despy." Jake sighed in resignation. "And believe me, I would have loved to have seen that too. Sinful Obsession, one more time. But you know Gabriel's not one hundred percent, right?"

"I know."

"You don't want him to wrestle hurt, do you?" Synn asked.

"I could have done all the wrestling." Despayre reasoned (poorly) with his father. "Gabriel could have stood outside and looked pretty."

Jake snorted, whether from Despayre's reasoning or the fact he thought Gabriel could be 'pretty' notwithstanding. But Synn said, "And while I'm certain Gabriel would appreciate the thought, I doubt he'd want you to risk yourself that way."

"How come?" Despayre asked. "It's just High Velocity." He scoffed. "Not like it's London Underground or Dmitri and James."

"Be that as it may," Synn replied. "Gabriel would never allow you to risk yourself like that."

Jake followed up, "And it's not like we haven't teamed before." He reached a long arm down and patted Despayre on the shoulder, and perhaps surprisingly, he did not flinch or pull away. "And we did win the tag titles together, just like you did with Gabriel."

"I know."

"Then what's up?" Jake leaned forward against the back of the chair. "Why are you so against this?"

"I wanted to..."

"Team with Gabriel." Jake interrupted. "I know. We've been down that road before Despy. Now let's hear the real reason."

To which, Despayre shrugged. The little guy glanced at the plush form perched in the folds of a comforter, nestled to resemble something like a throne. Despayre then sighed and simply said, "You'll get hurt again."

"Come again?" Jake frowned.

"Hurt again." Synn repeated, getting involved now. "What do you mean, Joshua?"

"Last time we teamed," Despayre started to say. "Ra-Jake, got hurt. It's why we had to vacate. I teamed with Gabriel, Gabriel got hurt -- repeatedly. Even Bernie had to leave when we were teaming."

"He had a family emergency, Joshua." Synn retorted. "He had to leave to help take care of it."

Despayre nodded, "I know. Just seems every time someone teams with me, they get hurt. Gabriel was already so I figured he'd be safe from 'the curse.'" Despayre bit his lower lip and looked up at Jake. He said, "I didn't want you to get hurt again."

"That's what this is all about?" Jake asked in wonder, privately feeling a little proud that Despayre's main beef was not teaming with him out of spite, but a genuine fear for his personal safety. "You're worried I'll be hurt if I team with you?"

Despayre shrugged, "Everyone else has."

"Not everyone." Synn countered. "You teamed with and won the Blast From the Past with Crystal, and she didn't get hurt. You teamed with Jordan Williams, Spike Staggs, Bo Dreamwolf and Tom Dudely and none of them got hurt."

"So?"

"So don't ever let me hear you call yourself a curse, ever again." Synn demanded in a tone that would brook no argument. "Wrestling is risky. You know that, I know that. Anyone who gets involved in this business knows that. And might I remind you, Joshua, that you've gotten hurt a few times yourself."

"That was different."

"How?"

Despayre opened his mouth to reply but found himself at a loss for an answer, so he scratched idly behind his noggin and said, "I'll hafta get back to you on that."

Synn said, "I await to hear it. But in the meantime..." He rested an elbow on his knee and leaned over at the waist so that he might see into the blanket fort and look his son directly in the eye. "Do not ever think that about yourself again. You hear me? My son is not a curse!"

"No he's not." Despayre finally smiled after a moment's pause. He then looked awkward before he asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course you can." Synn stated. "You can ask me anything."

"Where do babies come from?"

You could almost hear the sound of a record screeching to a halt as Synn and Jake BOTH stared at Despayre who looked with wide eyed innocence, back and forth between them. Synn looked to Rage and back to Despayre before he asked, "Joshua, did you just ask me what I think you did?"

"Uh huh!" Despayre smiled as he took Angel into his arms for a squeeze. "Where do babies come from?"

Jake asked, "Are you saying you don't know about the birds and the bees, Despy?"

"Well Angel has this weird theory of the two doing unseemly things with each other." Despayre shook his head. "But that was too far fetched, even for me. He then looked at the label of my shirt and said maybe I was made in Taiwan."

Synn nodded, perhaps for the first time in his life at a loss for words. He knew his son's mental issues caused him to miss out on a lot in life, but this he had simply assumed was known. Despayre was a lot smarter than he was given credit for, but here he was, asking one of the most innocent but uncomfortable questions a child could ask a parent. Synn looked at Jake who held his hands up with a smothered smirk on his face.

"Don't look at me!" Jake chortled, almost choking on the laughter from Synn being caught in such a spot. "I can't answer this one!"

"How come?" Despayre asked. "Did you forget how?"

"NO I didn't forget....!" Jake stopped and drew in a breath, eyes closed. "I didn't forget."

"I don't suppose you'd believe a stork brought you?" Synn asked.

"Now I heard that theory." Despayre nodded, holding up a finger for emphasis. "But Gabriel said that in my case it was probably more a big pterodactyl."

"I'll have to remember that." Synn murmured. "And thank Gabriel." He sighed, knowing what he was in for before he patted the edge of the bed beside him, and Despayre scrambled out of his fort and plopped down beside his dad with a bright smile and eager eyes. Synn himself seemed unusually flushed, his eyes wide as he ran a hand down his face and hurriedly exhaled. Try as he might, it would seem this was one topic his son could not be dissuaded from.

Finally he slapped his hands on his thighs and said, "I suppose you would say it's when two people truly care for one another. Love, even. Um..." Synn frowned, then asked his son, "Do you remember that time you walked into the wrong hotel room and you saw that man and woman...?"

Despayre nodded, wide eyed and recalled it exactly. A man behind a funny lady with a ball gag in her mouth, on all fours while he...

Synn (thankfully) interrupted his thought process, "Well let's just say that they were making a baby." Jake snorted (hard!) and received a sharp elbow in the ribs from Synn as a result. Despayre turned from the former "Sin of Wrath" and back to his dad to listen with rapt attention. Synn continued, "The man puts his penis in the woman's vagina (fuck me I can't believe I am saying this!) and his sperm mixes with her eggs..."

"Like the eggs Theresa keeps in the fridge!?"

Jake roared in sudden laughter and almost fell back off of his chair as Synn was by now a very healthy shade of red! Whether from his own embarrassment, or anger at Jake's amusement at his own expense -- you make the call! "No, Joshua." Synn answered as soon as he found his voice. "Not those types of eggs. The man does this ... and nine months later, if they're lucky, a baby is born."

Despayre nodded silently, and looked as if he were about to ask another question when Synn leaned forward quickly to interrupt (hopefully), "Do you want me to buy you a book on the topic?"

"No." Despayre shook his head and answered simply. "I was just curious." He then asked with a smile. "Did you love mom when you made me?"

Now that was an even touchier subject than how babies were made, but Synn answered calmly, "I... I cared for her, Joshua. But..." He tried to think of the right way to phrase this without dashing any young hopes. "I can't honestly say that I loved her, or she loved me. truth be told, we didn't know each other all together that well, or that long."

"Oh." Despayre nodded, surprising Synn for accepting this so easily. But the simply fact that by now, all past hostilities between mother and father were now over softened the blow perhaps better than anticipated.

"Anything else?" Synn asked, silently praying not.

"Nope! I'm good!"

"Then are we good?" Jake motioned between them. "To team on Sunday?"

"Yeah." Despayre finally smiled. "We're good."

Jake then smiled as well, and he and Synn opted to take their leave. They stood up to exit the room when Jake turned to Synn and laughed, "You should have just said you made him from Play-Dough and saved yourself."

Synn stopped and turned to look at Jake and he frowned, "You're enjoying this just a little bit too much at my expense. Keep it up and..."

"And what?" Jake smiled in challenge. "I'm not a wrestler anymore, Synn."

"No, but I am still legally your business manager."

"So?"

"So," Synn answered. "But ABC has been in contact for one of my team to be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars."

Synn left it at that, and Jake's face was mired with a confused frown as to what this had to do with him -- when his eyes and mouth widened in sudden realization. His face paled as he moved to protest when he hadn't need.

"Don't do that!" Despayre called, causing both men to turn around to him. He continued, "You can't make Jake dance on TV! Gabriel said when he danced at his reception he looked like an egg beater!"

Jake then looked at Despayre, frowning but now Synn with a bright smile by stark contrast! Synn just shook his head and took his leave from the room, Jake following while continuously stealing glances back at Despayre. Once the door was shut behind them, Despayre looked down at Angel.

"What do you think? ... About what dad said about babies." He paused, as if listening to his friend's silent reply. He then nodded, "I agree! If that were true then Shipman would have knocked dad up a hundred times over!"
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."