Author Topic: ∞Putting out the Fire  (Read 312 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞Putting out the Fire
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:56:33 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
<text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "GROWTH."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL:5
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE i
REC•

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2017
2:45 P.M.

Mikah walks into the living room from a long, hot shower dressed in a pair of leggings and an over sized hoodie, shivering a little bit.  Drake raises an eyebrow at his wife as he sits in his favorite chair, the one that he almost has a fit about if anybody else sits in.  She sits on one end of the couch, the end that was closest to her husband.  He sips on his drink and she raises an eyebrow, a look he caught.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œWhat?”

;;MIKAH  â€œI didn’t say anything.”

Drake looks at her, giving her an odd look before finishing up his drink and setting the empty glass on the side table next to his chair.  She flinches just a little at the slightly loud noise it makes due to the force he’d put into the motion.  She looks at him and raises an eyebrow at him.  There was going to be an argument that was going to come out of nowhere, apparently.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œSure, you didn’t.  You just gave me a look that said it all.  Do you have a problem with me drinking?”

Mikah sighs, blowing out the air slowly through her lips.

;;MIKAH  â€œNo.  Why would I of all people have a problem with you drinking?”

She was the last person that he should expect to have a problem with him drinking but apparently, he was in a foul mood.  She tucks her damp hair behind her ears and glances at him.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œSure seems like you do, babe.  You keep giving me side looks.”

Mikah lets out an exasperated breath of air and gets up.  She fixes her leggings before walking out of the living room but stopping in the doorway.  She turns back to look at him.

;;MIKAH  â€œI don’t know who pissed in your cheerios today, babe.  But I’m going to go upstairs to do something other than be in the path of your irritation.  When you’re done being a child, you can let me know.”

She doesn’t give him the opportunity to respond as she goes upstairs to their bedroom.  She had to pack to go to Phoenix, Arizona for the next edition of Climax Control anyways.  She didn’t know what was bothering her husband, but she hoped he got over it soon.  She didn’t like going to the shows angry.

She grabs her suitcase and her duffel bag before walking into her walk-in closet to grab clothes to put in the suitcase.  She wasn’t sure what she was going to wear to compete in yet, but she wasn’t going to be worried about that just yet.  She focuses on the tedious task of folding the clothes and putting them in the suitcase and making sure that there was enough clothes in there to make sure that there were plenty of options of what to wear.

;;MIKAH  â€œThere we go.”

She had miraculously managed to get everything she wanted in one grab and now, she had to focus on the bathroom necessities and make up to pack.  Packing to leave was a tedious job and she absolutely hated doing it but she did it because who else would?  Drake didn’t find the need in hiring people to do things that they were perfectly capable of doing.  Mikah found it annoying, rather than charming.

;;MIKAH  â€œShampoo...conditioner...body wash…”

She grabs the items as she says them and hesitates before grabbing a bottle of her favorite peppermint scented lotion.   She sighs and smiles at an odd memory that pops up in her mind.

FLASHBACK TO 2011

Mikah didn't return till nearly three hours later than the hour she told Christopher that she'd be gone.  She was hoping to high hell that he wasn't upset with her for being later than she had said.  But with one Christopher Burden, you never knew what to expect.  She quietly closed the door to the kitchen from the door closed and balanced the boxes of pizza and breadsticks she held in her hand before setting them on her kitchen table.  She adjusted her short tight little dress before slipping her stilettos off and walking into the living room, biting her bottom lip a little bit.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’m...home.”

There was a slight hesitation to her voice and she had been standing there for a few minutes before she had spoke out loud.  He had clearly known that she was home.

©©CHRIS BURDEN   “About damn time.”

He was loud and he looked at her as he said it.  She took a deep breath as he continues on.

©©CHRIS BURDEN  â€œThe couch is waiting and is ready for you.”

Mikah placed one hand on her hip and gave Christopher a look of her own.  This time her attitude was flaring up and it would be soon that her attitude would dissipate into completely nothing.  She knew she was late, way later than she should have been.  But she needed to do some extra things for Decaine and settle some other things with the Blackwells.  She was working at being a better manager to them but she was having struggles with that but she figured she always would.

;;MIKAH  â€œ"Listen here, buddy.  I had people build this huge house just for me and Leighton and I paid every single penny to pay it off.  And I paid for the bed that you and I sleep in, not you!"

She was almost yelling at him.  Something she was sure he didn’t appreciate but put up with.

;;MIKAH  "And plus, just last weekend I had to go buy a new fucking comforter because you let Leighton spill purple fucking juice all over it and ruined it!  So, you don't get to kick me out of my-our bed."

Mikah still wasn't over the fact that she had to buy a brand new white comforter for her bed because they weren't exactly cheap.  Mikah sucked in a deep breath again as she looked at Christopher.  She knew he wasn't fond of Decaine and he probably hated her working with the Blackwells but what was she supposed to do?!  Sit at home and  do nothing?  Because that would end well.

©©CHRIS BURDEN  â€œI pay the bills!  And plus, you're never around so I should be able to kick you out of the bed if I want to!"

He was being just as loud as she was and she gives him an irritated look.  She wasn’t going to say anything to him so she rolled her eyes before turning on her heel and walking into the kitchen.  She paused as she looked at the pizza boxes then glanced at the doorway as Christopher followed her from the living room to the kitchen.  Mikah rolled her eyes again before walking over to the fridge and jerking the door open.  She scanned the shelves in the fridge before grabbing her pink gatorade and taking a drink.  She then set the gatorade down and looked at Christopher, her eyes looking him up and down.  He mimics her look, looking her up and down as if it mattered.

;;MIKAH  â€œ"I didn't tell you to pay any bills, Christopher!  I only want to you to pay for our meals when we go out and my lingerie, okay?  So stop paying the bills, it's not like I'd forget to anyways, you wouldn't let me forget!"

It was usually the trivial stuff that they fought over.  She gives him a look as she closes her eyes, feeling that need again.  That need to shove her fingers down her throat to make herself throw up.  She scoffed a little before disappearing into the half bathroom in the kitchen that only consisted of a sink (with a counter and drawers) and a toilet.  She turned the water on before locking the door behind her.  She definitely didn't need Christopher knowing about her little habit either; that'd probably only make things worse.

She ran her fingers through her long blonde locks and looked at her reflection in the mirror, trying NOT to make herself throw up.   A tear slipped down Mikah's cheek before she gave in and kneeled in front of the toilet then shoved her finger down her throat and emptied her stomach into the toilet.  She then flushed the toilet then rinsed her mouth out with water about three times before washing her hands then drying them off on a towel.

She walked back out into the kitchen to see Christopher still waiting there for her.  Mikah rolled her eyes for what seemed like the millionth time that day before sitting on one of the barstools underneath her kitchen counters.  She didn't really know what to tell Christopher to make him feel better because she had never been good at relationships before in her life.  Or communicating to save anything in her life.

;;MIKAH  "Look, I didn't mean to come home later than I told you I'd be home but things happened and Decaine needed me to do them, I'm his assistant, that's my job description.  I know you're not happy with it, Christopher but I'm doing something for the company even if it's not wrestling related. I know you don't like Decaine but until he lifts the ban on female wrestling, I am going to be his assistant or until...well, just I guess I don't know how to finish that sentence."

She had waited a long time until she spoke but she couldn’t just not speak to him; they were sharing a house together.  She knew that he was unhappy with her position as Decaine’s assistant but she didn’t care, either.  Mikah hesitated before grabbing her gatorade and taking a few big drinks and then setting the plastic bottle back down on the counter top.  She slid off of the barstool and walked over to Christopher and she wrapped her arms around his waist.  She tightened her grip a little bit before pressing her hips into his and leaning back just the slightest.  She looked into his eyes and a small smile crept upon her face.

;;MIKAH  "But even if I am his assistant, Christopher and the Blackwells' manager, I'm still coming home to you.  And getting into bed with you and doing naughty things with you, not them.  I promise you that."

She smirked and winked at him.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd if you don't believe me then there's nothing I can do about it but I'm not sleeping with Logan or Damon or Decaine; just you.  I promise.  And I'll try to spend a little more time with you and Leighton.  I'll try."

It was all that she could do.  She couldn’t make any other promises because they probably would have been broken.   But she didn’t want him to feel like that she was cheating on him, either.  She smiles at him before leaning up and kissing him full on the mouth.

END OF FLASHBACK

A weird look comes upon her face.  She hadn’t thought of Chris Burden in ages but sometimes that memory liked to pop up when her and Drake were arguing about stupid things.  But her and Chris had been arguing about her being married to her job, basically.  She smiles to herself, thinking that things were different and that she wasn’t married to her job.  She loved how much she’d grown since 2011 and how mature she’d grown.  She jumps when she hears the door to the bedroom smack against the wall as it opens.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œFuck, babe?”

She sighs and walks out of the bathroom and looks at her husband, raising her eyebrows at him.  She doesn’t say anything as she finishes packing her things up.  He watches her and sighs, running a hand through his already messy hair before walking over and sitting on the bed next to her things.  He looks at her, his bright, beautiful blue eyes looking into her eyes.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œBabe…look at me.”

She stops for a moment, trying to decide which route to take.  Did she want to look at him or did she want to be stubborn?  But this wasn’t 2011 and she wasn’t the same person she was back then.  So she turns her head a little to look at him.  He runs his hand over her cheek, cupping it softly in his hand.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œI’m sorry for being a dick.  I was in a sour mood and took it out on you…

She knew how the old her would have responded and they would have been headed straight for divorce.  But she wasn’t the same person she was even a year ago.  Change and growth happened to her.

;;MIKAH  â€œIt’s okay babe.  I forgive you.  We’re allowed to be grumpy sometimes.”

She smirks at him and he pulls her face down so he can kiss her on the lips.  She smiles into his kiss before straddling his waist and wrapping her arms around his neck.

::DRAKE GREEN  â€œI love you.”

;;MIKAH  â€œI love you too.”

<text align=right><p align=”Right”> "PUTTING OUT THE FIRE."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL:2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE ii
REC•

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2017
11:30 A.M.

The scene was set at some campground with a tent in the background, some logs to sit on, and a fire pit which had actual fire going.  Mikah walks onto the scene dressed in a pair of super short daisy duke style short shorts and a pink plaid button up top that she’d tied just under her black bra.  On her feet were hiking boots.  She has her Bombshell Championship slung proudly over her shoulder as she walks over to one of the logs and sits down, a smirk playing on her face.

;;MIKAH  â€œI don’t know if this is typical for some people...sitting on a log by a fire when they go camping but that is exactly how I picture my opponent, Alice Knight  You all know her, right?”

She pauses as if she actually had an audience watching her.

;;MIKAH  â€œI do not know much about this chick other than she is definitely mentally unstable.”

Mikah nods her head to emphasize her words.

;;MIKAH  â€œBut she owns a RV and while I’m not entirely sure what an RV actually is, I imagine it being some sort of thing that she can camp in.  Because if I can remember correctly, she was the one that got a job while still homeless due to Mark Ward offering out contracts and title shots like they’re candy.  Real smart, that one.”

She simply rolls her eyes and pushes her hair out of her eyes with her left hand.

;;MIKAH  â€œThe girl is a nut case but yet, she thinks that because she was a Queen for a Day that she is something special.  Guess what?  I’m the Queen around here and you’re going to find out why.   You wanted to stick your pug nose in my business, Alice.  Remember that.  You’re the one that put yourself as the special guest referee in my match against Mercedes Vargas.  But maybe I should be thanking you..”

If there were fans around, they’d have been looking at each other in mild confusion.  When did Mikah ever thank anybody?

;;MIKAH  â€œBecause of you, Mercedes now has to go back to the wading pool and wait her fucking turn to get a shot at this championship.  However, I’m sure she will weasel her way into a championship match in the near future because that is who she is.  But because of you, she’s already had her slated rematch for my championship and she lost, hilariously so too.  But...I’m not going to tell you thank you because you don’t deserve my respect.”

She smirks at the camera, an arrogant look passing through her eyes.

;;MIKAH  â€œI looked at your profile on the company’s site because trying to find anything else out about you, Alice is too boring for me to do so and my personal assistant is off on vacation, so I can’t use her.  And while we’re the same height, we don’t have much in common.”

She purses her lips together for a moment.

;;MIKAH  â€œI don’t doubt that you’re a good wrestler, but I do have some...discrepancies about you being employed here in SCW…”

She looks at the camera, trying to hold a look on her face that showed worry.

;;MIKAH  â€œYou’re homeless.  Or well, you live in an RV.  How do you shower?  Because wrestling a person who does not take showers is not on my to-do list.  Also, why do you not have a home by now?  Surely you’ve made enough money to at least rent an apartment, right?  That tells me that your rational thinking is not all there.  I would want a more permanent home so that I could go there when I’m not booked or when I don’t need to be in the area till Friday or Saturday so I didn’t spend all my time on the road...but you, you seem perfectly content in staying in your RV.  It’s weird.”

She raises her brows and purses her lips to the side a little bit.

;;MIKAH  â€œLet’s talk about rational thinking for a moment, Alice.  Something that I am 100% sure that you are lacking.  Last week on Climax Control, you came into my dressing room and asked me if I knew where your stupid crown was.  Firstly, I didn’t think you deserved any crown at all.  And secondly, don’t you ever just barge into the Bombshell Champion’s locker room without getting a response from me, telling you to enter or to go away.  That is not acceptable whether you think you’re the queen or not.  I am the Bombshell Champion and you will follow rules whether you like to follow them or not, Alice.”

Mikah glares at the camera for a second.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd then you insist I wear a stupid gown out to compete in.  Like you can make those decisions.  Let me remind you again, Alice, nobody can tell me what I am going to wear when I compete.  Absolutely nobody tells me what to wear or what to do.  As the reigning Bombshell Champion, I set the rules for myself from now on.”

She smirks again.

;;MIKAH  â€œAs for Sunday, after I win, I think I will torch your precious little RV.  Set it aflame and watch it burn because anything you’ve touched is probably filthy and disgusting.  And really?  What use do I have for an RV that you’ve done only God knows what in.”

She makes a face of disgust.

;;MIKAH  â€œAs for you, I knew that you would find a way to try to weasel your way into the championship scene, Alice.  Because that’s what the Bombshells around here try to do; they try to worm their way in because they don’t want to fucking earn their right to fight me.  I am almost starting to think that Christian and Mark are on the same page as the Bombshells.  Although, this weekend’s edition of Climax Control was made by none other than the Modern Day Crusader or whatever his name is.  So I’m sure that your excuse will be that he just made the stipulation without you even asking him to.  But I’m not blind and I see right through your lies and pathetic excuses, you wanted to find a way into the Bombshell Championship scene and this was your ticket in.  However, you didn’t think of one thing, Alice.”

She grins.

;;MIKAH  â€œYou have to get through me.  I don’t know what you think about me or what you’ve heard about me in the back, but those idiots that we work with don’t seem to think that I’m a worthy champion.  But yet, there are still a bunch of them that can’t beat me when I’m at my best.  And you can bet that I’m at my best.  Have you watched the tapes from when I was the Bombshell Champion before?  Have you studied them and any other match I’ve been in?”

Mikah raises an eyebrow at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œHave you tried to find an angle where you can worm your way in to get the victory?”

She pauses and looks at the campfire and grabs a stick, poking at it and making the flames a little bigger.

;;MIKAH  â€œBut just like this fire, your hopes and dreams are going to go up in smoke.  I don’t think or feel that you deserve a shot at my Bombshell Championship.  I don’t even think you deserve a contract with SCW, but hey, that’s not my department to meddle in.”

She shrugs her shoulders, looking at the camera before looking at the fire.  She watches the flames flicker and then looks up at the camera, a smirk sliding on her face.

;;MIKAH  â€œI know that you’re doing your best to prepare yourself for the match, Alice.  Even if I think that your attempts are going to be futile, I like that you think that you can do anything.  But when it comes to facing me, it’s not an easy task.  Sure, in the past six months before this, I’ve been a push over.  But I had nothing important to care about and now, the fate of the Bombshell division is resting on my shoulders.  I’m going to be the one to carry the division and set the pace for everybody else.  And just like before, I’m going to be the measuring stick for the entire division to measure up to.  To compare themselves too and on Sunday, I’m going to start with you.”

She smiles.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’m going to use you as an example.  Show those others in the back just exactly why I’m the Bombshell Champion and why they should respect me.  They might think my last reign was horrible, this one is going to be so much worse.  There will be no handouts, no free shots.  After you, Alice, you’re going to have to work your way up the ladder but first, I’m going to teach you a little lesson.  Show you why you shouldn’t just expect things to be handed to you.”

A twinkle appears in her eye, an idea forming.

;;MIKAH  â€œBecause you wouldn’t expect a landlord to just hand over the keys to a brand new shiny apartment without first month’s and last month’s rent, would you?  So, this is going to be your down payment, Alice.  Your down payment into the Bombshell division to prove your worth.”

She smirks once more.

;;MIKAH  â€œDo I think that you can do it?”

She tilts her head to the side and shrugs her shoulders once more.

;;MIKAH  â€œOf course not, I wouldn’t expect a bum like you to actually work for anything in your life.  With you living out an RV, that shows just how poor life decisions you make.  You could easily get an apartment but you choose to live out of the RV.  And that says something about your personality.  And some would try to argue and say that it gives you some character, some spunk.  But I just say that nobody gives a fuck about that because I believe stability is more important.  You’re thirty years old, Alice, it’s time to grow up and be an adult.  Nobody enjoys adulting, but it’s something we have to do.”

She stands up and wiggles her hips to try to get her shorts to slide back down into place.

;;MIKAH  â€œBut just like this fire…”

She reaches behind her and grabs a bucket of water and she dumps it on the fire, putting it out.

;;MIKAH  â€œYour fire is about to be put out.  You’re going to regret ever putting yourself in my path, Alice.  And I don’t care how I have to achieve that.  Whether I have to lock you in my Cupid’s Chokehold or kick the back of your fucking head, I’m going to do it.  And I only hope that you’re prepared to lose.  Because there’s no other option for you, Alice.”

She smirks and shakes her hair out behind her.

;;MIKAH  â€œCiao.”