Author Topic: A Night At The Jefferson  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Alice Knight

• View Profile
    • Alice Knight
A Night At The Jefferson
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:37:49 AM »
 THE JEFFERSON BAR - AUCKLAND

Huey Lewis and The News "POwer of Love" is playing from the jukebox as the camera panes through the almost empty bar. Newly signed SCW Bombshell, Alice Knight can be seen moving her arms to the beat of the song as an old New Zealander sits next to her very inebriated.

\'user

Bartender- Ma'am, G'Day. Another cocktail?

Alice-- Yes, sir. Shaken and stirred well if you will.

Bartender - Okay?... and how about your date?

Alice Oh... him... he's not my date. He smells like a cat blood. (Alice smells armpits) Yep that's what HE smells like. Him. Cat Blood! But sure, I'll buy him a beer.

Old Man says something incoherent and nods in a 'thank you' kind of strange way.

Alice(to the oldman)- Really excited to be at the SCW television taping just as they end their tour of New Zealand. I mean a free trip to New Zealand... pretty cool. Plus i need to meet up with an old pal from another organization I worked with before. Crimson. He owes me a voodoo doll... it's a long story...

Oldman speaks more gibberish.

Alice- No... No... I won't tell it. Okay... no... i changed my mind. I will not tell it. But it's a good one for sure. Maybe another time... So barkeep, is this pub like a hangout where some of the SCW stars might hang out? It be great to meet them. Or any New Zealand celebs. Like the Flight of the Conchords guys or The Hobbit people.

Bartender- Sometimes...

Alice takes a sip of her cocktail.

Alice- Cool... i wish this Huey Lewis song was a whole day long. What a day that be...

Alice drinks her cocktail and she bops to the music.

TBC BY ANYONE

OOC- Thought it be fun to members to interact in this short RP CD thread. If not... it's cool. Feel free to jump in.
user posted image

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
    • The Modern Day Crusader
A Night At The Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »
 â€œPower of Love” by Huey Lewis starts up yet again.  The old man sighs and throws back a good portion of his dark beer.  Through the corner of his eye he glares at Alice who continues to throw her hands in the air like she just doesn’t care.  A note is slid across the bar in front of the man, via the bartender.

Bartender:  This just came in for you, friend.

Old Man:  How do you know my name?

Bartender:  Is your name Friend?

Old Man:  No, but you would need to know my name to know this was intended for my eyes

Bartender:  Not necessarily.  It stated it was for a bearded, elderly man.  Seeing as it’s just you and Alice inside the bar currently, I took an educated guess.

The Old Man ceases his protest.  He puts on a pair of child molesterish glasses and gives the faxed note a read.

“dEAr frIEnd.

hOw gOEs thE mIssIOn?  AnY lUck InfIltrAtIng SCW fOr InfOrmAtIOn whIch mAy bEnEfIt OUr mOdErn dAY crUsAdEr?  If sO, blInk twIcE……

….

….

gOOd.  kEEp Up thE gOOd wOrk.  thE mOdErn dAy crUsAdEr’s dEbUt tAkEs plAcE In a fEw shOrt dAYs.  yOUr EffOrts wIll bE rEwArdEd.  stOp At nOthIng to gAIn crItIcAl InfOrmAtIOn.  pEOplE ArE wAtchIng sO trEAd wIsElY.  If YOU cAtch AnY sUspIcIOUs lOOkIng cAts, tErmInAtE thEm ImmEdIAtElY.  drAIn thEm Of thEIr blOOd.  YOU nEvEr knOw whIch cAts ArE OccUpIEd bY gOvErnmEnt AlIEn spIEs.  

OUr mOdErn dAY crUsAdEr ApprEcIAtEs YOUr EffOrts.  ObtAIn whAt Is nEcEssArY At All cOsts.  nAIvE, OblIvIOUs IndIvIdUAls wOrk bEst.

yOUrs In trUth,
crUsAdEr 1”

The old man slowly rolls up the note and sets it ablaze via a nearby match.  As it burns, he turns and looks at Alice.
user posted image

Offline Alice Knight

• View Profile
    • Alice Knight
A Night At The Jefferson
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:50:20 PM »
 As the elderly man gawks at Alice she is already midsentence as if she were talking to him the whole time.

Alice- ... I mean then I found out that Tyler Perry was Maeda... in like ALL of the movies. So I had to apologize to everyone thinking it was Halle Berry. Does that make me racist? I mean, is it bad to think Halle Berry was THAT good? If that's racist... then put one of those funny looking X's on my forehead... please don't.

Old Man- Excuse me, miss. Could you help me to my car? I need to get in touch with my... um... wife...  it is an emergency.

Alice looks at him suspiciously.

Alice- I dunno... this is a classic rape scene scenario in a weird Kiefer Sutherland movie. Buuuuut... you have kind eyes. I'll do it...

Alice laughs and gently tugs on his beard.

Alice- Okay... you seem like a fine person. Plus I love helping the elderly.

Oldman- Oh thank you... we shall return barkeep.

Alice holds him by the hand as she walks him to the exit. They leave the Jefferson bar. Alice and the Old Man look down and see a dead black cat lying on the sidewalk. As Alice squats down to investigate at the cat, the old man starts pouring chloroform into a handkerchief to smother Alice with it...

Alice- Shame... waste of good cat blood... and cat meat too. Pity. Never can trust an animal as delicious and source full as a cat. Damn...

Old Man looks on surprised as Alice stands back up.

Old Man- Um... are you apart of the Crusade Movement, young lady? I'm Crusader #23

Alice(trying not to laugh)- Huh? In English please.

Old Man- The Crusader? Number 1?

Alice- Cruise-Spader? You lost me... is Tom Cruise doing a James Spader movie? Seems like a step back for ol' Tom...

Old Man- But the cats...?

Alice- Yeah, I'm just an average common girl. I like ponies and flowers. And yes sometimes I drain cat blood in my sink so no spiritual voodoo magic will haunt me while I sleep. Girl stuff...

Old Man- I think... I think you need to meet someone.

The Old Man points to an alley way just up the street where the silhouette of a figure can be seen standing there watching the two.

TBC by Anyone... haha.
user posted image

Offline Crusader

• View Profile
    • The Modern Day Crusader
A Night At The Jefferson
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:47:04 AM »
 Tentatively, Alice approaches the alley way.  The Old Man follows behind, probably a little too close by American standards – as for New Zealand, eh, who knows?  The old man is still toting the chloroformed cloth.  Alice stops, smart enough to know not to step out of the light when approaching a silhouette down some alley behind a shitty bar with Huey Lewis on the playlist.  The silhouette sighs and meets her half way.  He enters into the light and reveals himself to be…

Alice Knight:  JAMES SPADER!

She’s half right.  It’s a man in a James Spader mask.  He promptly removes the mask to reveal a normal looking individual.   He stretches his arm out with the name “Crusader 1” tattooed across the forearm.  

Crusader 1:  I like to walk around in a Spader mask.  Ever wonder what happened to his career?  Why such a talented actor has to be relegated to television dramas and voice gigs?  It’s because he refuses to play along in Hollywood’s schemes.  He’s a good man, this James Spader.

He hands Alice the mask, it distracts her.  The Old Man reaches up with the cloth.  He suddenly places it over his mouth.  He falls to the ground, passed out.  Alice turns around with a WTF expression.

Crusader 1:  He has trouble sleeping.  So he carries a cloth around at night.  When he’s ready to call it a night, he douses it in chloroform and crashes wherever.  He’s a true free spirit, living off the grid.  The man has seen so much it keeps him up at night.  This is the only way he can survive.

Alice seems more interested in the Spader mask.  A plethora of cats rush into the light, scurrying around Alice’s legs.  Crusader 1 freaks out.

Crusader 1:  They’re on to us!  I don’t know how they found us!  Quick, we must dispose of these cats.  You can never tell which are inhabited by government spies!

Crusader 1 pulls out a machete and goes to town on the cats.  
user posted image

Offline Alice Knight

• View Profile
    • Alice Knight
A Night At The Jefferson
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »
 As cat blood spatters on Alice's face., she swiftly and firmly grabs Crusader 1's machete swinging arm stopping him from viciously murdering the government stray cats.
Alice looking directly into the eyes of the Crusader as the cats moan and spray urine over the bearded passed out old man. Crusader 1 doesn't seem to be pleased with Alice's hesitation of killing the cats.

Alice- LISTEN, CRUISE-SPADER! Yes... yes... can we kill these cats...

Once Crusader 1 heard 'kill these cats' he motions a swing towards another cat with his machete but once again stopped by Alice.

Alice- No.. no... NO! Hear me out. I love a good cat massacre as much as the next person. They are resourceful in many ways when dead. But look... I don't know about you but I don't want to spend my time here in New Zooland in some weird Kiwi prison when SCW just hired me. I mean maybe that is a mission or protest for you. But trust me, women's prison is a hell of a lot worse than men's. I mean have you seen the New Orange is the Black of Color on Netflix? I haven't but it seems awful. What does men prison have... drop the soap and... oh... right... eww... Yeah. You got it bad too. But seriously we need to be cool. Whenever there is a pack of stray cats... the police is nearby.

Crusader doesn't seem convinced. A thought may even cross is mind that Alice is a swindler working for the cats and government. But just then Alice stomps on one of the cats back, breaking it almost in two. Suddenly a New Zealand police car pulls up the street. They know this because the siren sounds like an old Koala bear dying.  Alice grabs Crusader 1 by the arm and quickly rushes further down the alley way and hide behind an old dumpster.

Alice- That... was... a close one.
user posted image