Author Topic: Ivan Darrell Vs Max Burke  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Ivan Darrell Vs Max Burke
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
 Post all roleplays here.
Limit: 1 per week

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline JustinSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »
 **OOC***I did get permission from Kain to use him in my rp this week***OOC***

Shortly after his match at Climax Control 177., a losing effort to Max Burke and Mercedes Vargas in the 2nd round of the Blast From The Past tournament, Ivan Darrell got a phone call from his husband Andrew Garcia as he is packing his bags back at the hotel.

Andrew-Babe, I have some bad news for you.

Ivan-What’s up?

Andrew-I just got a text from your cousin Katie, who told me her dad, your uncle, has passed away from a massive heart attack.  She doesn’t know the funeral arrangements yet, but will keep us posted when she finds out.

Ivan looks defeated, and starts balling his eyes out, going ballistic in the locker room area, as his uncle was the man who got Ivan into wrestling as a kid.

Ivan-Son of a bitch.  I am going to miss that man so much.

Andrew sounds worried as he speaks.

Andrew-I am sorry that your uncle died, I know how much he meant to you, as you used to go over to his house and watch wrestling as a kid, and that bond you had with him was what made you want to become a wrestler in the first place.

Ivan-Yeah, and now with your concussion issues, and with now his passing, I dunno if I wanna continue wrestling, as it isn’t as fun without you to team with, and that whenever I get inside the ring, I am going to think of him.

Andrew looks puzzled.

Andrew-What do you mean?

Ivan-Well, with my uncle passing, all I will be thinking of is my childhood and the times we spent together, and all I would want to do is spend time with him.  Also, as much as I enjoyed working with Amanda Cortez in the Blast From The Past Tournament, it wasn’t the same as teaming with you, and where we don’t know if you will be able to compete anytime soon, I dunno if I wanna wrestle in singles matches or with anyone else.

Andrew-I see. I mean, we do have some success as a tag team, there’s no denying that, but if you wanna make yourself noticed like I did, you gotta have the solo run while I am recovering.

Ivan-I know that, but my heart isn’t in it anymore.

Andrew looks sad.

Andrew-I really hope you stick it out until I can come back.

Ivan-What if you never get cleared to return?.

Andrew-Don’t think like that, but if that should happen, then I can’t stop you from retiring if you so choose.

Ivan signs when Andrew mentions a possible retirement.

Ivan-I know, I just need time to think.  I will talk to you later, gotta clear my mind, and wrap my mind around my uncles death.

Andrew-Ok, talk to you later.

Ivan hangs up and checks out with the receptionist as the scene fades to black.  

The next day, Ivan arrives in Tarrytown New York, located about an hour north of New York City, site of Into the Void VI, and decides to go to the Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown.  He checks into the hotel.

Receptionist-How may I help you?

Ivan-My name is Ivan Darrell and I have reserved a room here for the next week.

Ivan hands the receptionist the printed reservation slip as well as the credit card he used to reserve the room, and she looks up his information in the system.

Receptionist-You are going to be in executive room 103 located right around the corner from here.

She points over to the way to his room at the far end of the lobby after activating his room key and places it with the credit card and reservation slip back on the counter.

Ivan-Thank you.

Receptionist-You’re welcome, and enjoy your stay at the Downtown by Hilton!

Ivan then takes the room key, credit card and reservation slip, and walks towards the room and enters the room to put his gear down and decides to go to the train station to go catch a Yankees game, as they are in town as the scene fades to black.

The following day, Ivan heads towards the Candlelight Inn in Scarsdale to get their famous Teriyaki wings.  As he arrives, he gets a call from Andrew.

Ivan-What’s up, babe?

Andrew-I just got a call from the doctor from SCW in regards to the latest tests for the concussion and broken ribs they wanted me to get done.

Ivan-So soon?  What did they say?

Andrew-[color=]The ribs are healing fine, but the concussion is more severe than they originally thought, therefore I am unable to return to wrestling.

Ivan-Damn it.  That is it, after Into the Void VI, we are going to retire and I am going to stay home and we will figure out something else for income

Andrew-Aren’t you being a little rash?

Ivan-Concussions are serious business, and if you are not going to be able to return to wrestling, I am not going to stay in this business anymore, especially now I have lost my passion for it with losing my uncle.

Ivan decides to take a deep breath while listening to Andrew.

Andrew-I know how tough its been since you lost your uncle, and with my concussion, but I thought you wanted a chance to shine by yourself.

Ivan-I did, but I realized that not having you here with me isn’t fun, and I miss you.

Andrew-I miss you too, but that isn’t the point, this is your chance to prove yourself to SCW that you can be a singles superstar.

Ivan-I am not a singles competitor. I never felt comfortable wrestling without a tag team partner, especially one I can trust.

Andrew-Well I am gonna go rest, I will talk to you later.

Ivan-Ok, take care of yourself babe.

Ivan hangs up the phone and finishes his wings as the scene fades to black.

On Saturday, Ivan makes his way towards the hot tub in the Doubledown by Hilton health club to reflect on his long week of sightseeing in New York City and heads to the hot tub and before he enters the hot tub, gets a phone call by a number he doesn’t recognize, and he answers it.

Ivan-Hello?

Kain-Hello Ivan, its Main.  What’s going on?

Ivan-Kain who?

Kain-Kain, the King of Kings, former champion of SCW you dumbass.

Ivan gets infuriated with being called a dumbass.

Ivan-What the hell do you want?

Kain-I was calling to give you advice on your opponent at Into the Void VI, Max Burke.

Ivan-You mean the man who beat your ass numerous times in the past?

Kain-I know my history with the man you face on Sunday, I don’t need a moronic piece of shit like you to remind me.  Either way, I have faced him multiple times and am going to give you some advice, and better advice than your scrub husband and your pathetic mentor could ever give you.

Ivan gets more annoyed with Kain as time progresses.

Ivan-Get to the point. I don’t have all day

Kain then tells Ivan about Max’s moves and antics, tendencies he showed in his past encounters, and Ivan hangs up the phone when the conversation ends and Ivan decides to focus some time on his opponent, Max Burke.

Ivan-Max, you got lucky at Climax Control when you and Mercedes beat me and Amanda Cortez, but know at Into the Void VI, I will be the one getting the last laugh, and retire on a high note.  There is nothing you can do that will stop me from going out on top.  Even if you somehow defeat me, I will know I went out against a legend in this business, and it is an honor to face you in my last two matches in SCW.  Nonetheless of my respect for you, I am confident that I can defeat you, and maybe I will be overconfident, but better to go down fighting than to go down without a fight.

Ivan cackles then enters the hot tub as the scene fades to black.

Title reigns
N/a

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »

</hr>

BURKE: Into the void... how true are those words.

We find Max in the shadows of Central Park. Max is dressed head to toe in black Adidas workout gear. Max has the hood of the jacket up, and a bead of sweat is sneaking down his face from his brow. He breathes in deep before continuing.

BURKE: It’s been an intriguing journey returning to Sin City Wrestling. The path has been filled with twists, and turns that even I could not have predicted.

Max pops the top on his water bottle, and takes a long drink. He wipes his mouth, and then his brow.

BURKE: Nobody expected Mercedes, and I to co-exist in this thing. Mercedes has always been out for herself, and would even jeopardize her opportunity to win another championship by not showing up mentally for the semi-finals.

Max’s nostrils flare, as he thinks back to two weeks ago.

BURKE: That primadonna completely wasted our golden opportunity. She can spin it however she wants. She broke going into the semi-finals. She dropped the ball. Sam showed just how WEAK the little girl truly is.

Max shakes his head in frustration before taking a moment to gather his thoughts.

BURKE: The Blast was the reason I came back to SCW. The Blast is over. Yes, Mark offered a contract to me. This is true. It is something that I have thought long, and hard about.

Max strokes his beard. He runs his fingers through to the tip.

BURKE: The fact of the matter is this. This world is filled with endless possibilities, and opportunities. I stepped away when I did to seek out those. I step away again after Into The Void to continue that path I was on. Into The Void is the end of Max Burke here in Sin City Wrestling. I said it since my first day back, my eyes were opened during my time away from the sport. Life is good. Wrestling will always be in my blood. The competitive itch will always be there. But, there is more to life than wrestling. Ivan, our first encounter was a lesson to you. I believe that lesson was learned. Sunday, this is your time to apply those lessons. Let’s show everyone the beauty that is the art of professional wrestling. Thank you Sin City.

Max clears his throat, and a single tear forms in the corner of his eye.

</hr>