Author Topic: A lot to Talk About.  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Remi&Eden

• View Profile
    • Remington Grayson
A lot to Talk About.
« on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »
 Remi is sitting on the couch in the living room of the house that she shares with her sister, Eden.  She glances over at Ryan, who was sitting on the couch as well.  She bites on her bottom lip a bit before taking a deep breath and tugging at her simple tee.

REMI “So….”

She glances over at him again, as if she was nervous or a bit perplexed.

Sitting back and looking at the TV Ryan is comfortable where he is. Shirtless with his grey sweat pants while he moves his feet over the soft fur of Dash on the floor. From the corner of his eye he catches Remi look nervous, like she’s going to blow if she doesn’t say anything.

RYAN “So? You doing alright?”

He asks but doesn’t tear his eyes away from the TV. He couldn't answer anything Remi would ask, probably  she wants to go out.

RYAN“If you wanted to go out you can just ask.”

She raises an eyebrow at him as she looks down at Dash, as he slept on the floor.  She watches the puppy for a minute, her blue eyes on the dog for a moment or two. She sighs and takes her eyes off of the puppy to place them on Ryan once more.

REMI “If I wanted to go out, I don't think I'd be wearing sweatpants and a tshirt.”

She shrugs her shoulders before messing with her hair a bit.  It was turquoise this week and she had it on top of her head in a messy bun with a few pieces around her face that refused to stay in the bun.

REMI “Plus...didn't we say we were going to talk?”

She looks down at her lap, staring at her legs as if there was something mesmerizing on the simple grey pants.

Pursing his lips slowly Ryan nods once before grabbing the remote to shut the TV off. It was obvious to him that Rem wants to have that talk sooner than later. Moving his body as he turns to Rem his blue eyes are set on her, giving her his attention.

RYAN”Alright.. You wanna talk. Let’s talk.”

He turns a bit serious since this isn’t one of those easy talks they can just brush off later. Ryan wants to know who he’s with and Rem should get the same treatment.  He moves his inked hand and guides it over her thigh and gives it a squeeze.

RYAN”Tell me, what do you want to know? Or what do you want ME to know?”

She bites her bottom lip before turning her eyes to look at Ryan and into his eyes. She places her hand over his for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

REMI “Um. I don't know? I've never …. Done this type of thing before. Every guy...is usually pushed away before it can get to this point.”

She looks back down a her lap, avoiding his gaze for a moment. She reaches up and pulls the hair tie from her hair, letting her brightly colored hair fall down around her shoulders.

REMI “I mean, if you want to run, you can…”

Ryan softly huffs out a breath and turns a bit more to look at her. Rolling his shoulders he can understand that whatever Rem was going to tell him that it wasn’t easy for anyone. But she should know him better than to be a man that would run.

RYAN “Try me. Can’t tell me that I’m exactly like every other guy.”

He says while playing around with Remi’s fingers, his eyes looking over at her hair down to everywhere else his eyes usually are. Nodding his head a bit he wants to make a suggestion.

RYAN “Tell you what. You tell me something, and I’ll tell you something about me. If you feel like you want to keep going I can listen.”

Ryan isn’t seen like the caring listening type, but there is more to him than what people see. She looks at him, still unsure of where to really start.

REMI “Um. Okay.”

She chews on the inside of her lip, thinking of where to start. She tries her best not to overreact or overthink.

REMI “I'm a natural blonde but I keep my hair dyed so that I'm unrecognizable to….”

She hesitates again as if she was unsure if she wanted to go there.

REMI “To somebody in my family.”

She wanted to tell him who but she wasn't ready for that yet. Not in that moment at least.

Ryan nods, only understanding this a bit. He to knows what it’s like to hide from someone. Not like he’s going to judge someone for it now.  Bitting his lips he carefully thinks about what he would saw next.

RYAN “That explains a few things. I’d love to see you as a blonde some day. But I know how you feel…. Hiding from someone.”

Grabbing Remi’s hand Ryan rests his body against the couch cushion to try and get himself relaxed and comfortable.  His thumb softly rubs against her soft skin which calms him down.

RYAN “I don’t know a lot about my family, but I know that I have one member left… and it’s someone I hope never finds me.”

He confesses this which he would never do. Ryan’s jaw tenses a bit before he breathes in and out to continue. If Remi is being truthful than he can too.

RYAN “I changed from normal guy to what you see now… inked up and a few tons bigger than what I was. I sometimes don’t recognize myself sometimes.”

She looks at him, and offers him a polite smile before squeezing his hand. She understood what he meant and maybe all too well.

REMI “It's hard.”

She chews on her lip for a minute.

REMI “Eden and I are full blood sisters but my mom wants and wanted nothing to do with me at all. I blame her for almost everything that happened to me in my childhood.”

It was something small to continue with. She wasn't sure what he wanted to know and what he could handle. Or what she could handle with him knowing about her. There was a LOT in her past that she didn't like to think about.

RYAN”Remi, you know you’re worth something. You are worth something to me.”

He says as he gets closer to her on the couch. Ryan wants to make her feel comfortable, yet let her know that she has someone these for her. He doesn’t know Eden all that well, but he’s here for Rem.

RYAN “Do you want to tell me what happened? In your childhood?”

Asking may be a step too far, but this has been killing him for months. Everytime he would get close to Rem there was something holding her back. Wanting to comfort her in any way he stays put and doesn’t move away for anything . She bites her bottom lip as she thinks about her past but tries not to really think about it.

REMI “I...I don't know.”

She takes a deep breath but it doesn't help her as she starts to remember.

REMI “Maybe? I don't know.”

She wanted him to know but it was hard for her to talk about. It was hard for her to share it with another person. She brings her eyes up to meet Ryan's, trying to keep her eyes emotionless.

Ryan moves his other hand to brush her beautiful hair out of the way of her face. He wants her to look at him and trust him completely, but he is not going to rush her. Nodding his head he breathes in deeply.

RYAN “Shh, it’s okay. You don’t have to do this.”

Even if he wants to know how to help her he can’t force her to talk about her past. It was hard enough for him, so he can imagine how hard it would be for Rem.

RYAN “I’m going to be here all day for you. I’m not going anywhere.”

She nods her head as she starts to slowly calm down. She wanted to tell him but it was hard to speak about it out loud. There were things that even Eden didn't know about what had gone on.

REMI “ I do want to tell you, maybe. Or I think I do. I...I just don't really know how to say it. There are things...that happened that even Edie doesn't know about.”

She looks into his eyes, chewing on her lip.  She wasn't sure if she could tell him; after all, she couldn't even tell her own sister all of the things that had happened to her.

REMI “Can we go back to the I tell a thing, you tell a thing? And it doesn't always have to be so significant, even little things are important.”

She offers him a small smile before looking down at Dash, who hadn't stirred one bit.

He nods in understanding. These types of things take time. Looking down at Remi’s hand he slowly moves his eyes up to look at her. Guessing that it’s his turn to tell something.

RYAN”Fair enough.  I was raised by a single mother...she and a group of her co-workers raised me. Never really knew my dad.”

Guessing his past isn’t so tragic it still stung a bit to go back and remember about all the things he didn’t have. But looking back things do explain why Ryan is the way he is. Short tempered, but protective. More street smarts than real smarts. Yet he’s made due with what he has.

RYAN” But I guess a bunch of strippers, drag queens and bartenders raising a kid isn’t so bad. I didn’t turn out all too bad, did I?”

She smiles at him, giggling just a tiny bit. She looks at him, looking him over and then shrugs her shoulders.

REMI “I suppose they didn't do too bad.”

She winks at him with a giggle.  She then takes a breath and looks at Dash, staring at the Golden retriever puppy.

REMI “I was raised in Hawaii. And right by the ocean, really.  It was a small town and my...father was a lawyer. He was the only parent in my life.”

She tried to keep a straight face as she mentioned her father. She looks at Ryan, offering a small smile.

REMI “Hawaii is beautiful. I want to live there again but I don't know if I can ever bring myself to return there.”

She looks at her feet before looking at him again.

With a wide genuine smile Ryan looks at Remi. He loves the ocean and Hawaii has been a place he’s been wanting to go for a long time.

Ryan: ”I knew I liked something more of you. Hawaii must have been nice to grow up in. All the water and waves. I would have never left.”

Taking away the smile people have told him is awkward he looks up at her, lacing his fingers with Rem’s hand. It would be a huge shot to ask about her dad so he tries to avoid the subject.

RYAN “ Maybe we can take a small trip there, spend sometime at the water. I’m sure this little guy would love it.”

Ryan ducks down to scoop up the small Golden retriever who is still sleeping. Resting him against his lap he moves the tiny dogs paw and makes a soft voice.

RYAN” I’d love to go to Hawaii Ma.”

She giggles and reaches over and pets Dashes head as he still looked sleepy and now confused. Remi wasn't sure she could handle going back to Hawaii.

REMI “Okay. Maybe we can go.”

She scratches Dash behind his ears before looking at Ryan, hoping her eyes didn't betray the way she felt about going back.  She knew that she couldn't avoid it forever and if she didn't go back to the same place, she'd be okay. Or she hoped so.

REMI:  â€œIt was alright. The scenery was great and then the rain sometimes was horrible but you can't beat the ocean. “

She smiles at Ryan.

REMI “I...I have a scar on my right hip from an accident.”

She knew that he'd probably seen it before but she hadn't ever disclosed where it had came from. She raises her shirt to show the scar along her right hip.

Holding Dash against himself Ryan nods at Remi’s confession. That smile he had when she giggled and looked happy was slowly fading away at how serious this was all changing into. His protective instincts are kicking in and his temper would soon go if he didn’t keep it in check. Breathing slowly he moves a hand to pass his inked fingers over the soft skin over to the scar.

RYAN “ Yeah… I knew about it.”

His eyes slowly scan over it like they’ve done a few times before, but he never had the guts to asker her about it. He always figured it was personal.

RYAN “Did you get this when you were living in Hawaii?”

She takes a deep breath and nods her head.

REMI “Yes. When I was 15 years old.”

She looks at Dash, avoiding Ryan's eyes. She didn't know if she could tell the story or not but she felt like she had to.  She keeps her eyes on Dash, petting his snout.

REMI “I...my father was drunk and probably high on coke when it happened…”

She continued to look at Dash.

Ryan’s temper is slowly rising, causing him to roll his shoulder a bit more to get the tension out of him. Breathing slowly he moved over so he is sitting side by sade with his on the couch.  Placing the small dog between them he needed Dash’s help to calm here a bit more.

RYAN “It’s not your fault Rem.”

It’s mostly all he can say about this before going into a small fit of rage. Keeping himself calm his jawline tenses as he simply looks down at the dog before looking at rem.

RYAN” None of it is your fault.”

She continues to look at Dash, scratching him behind the ears. She could feel the panic and anxiety consuming her.  She presses her lips together, trying not to cry.

REMI “Well, it kind of was.  I had all but ran away and he was drunk.  He was so mad at me for...not being home for almost two weeks.”

She keeps her eyes on Dash, trying to focus on him rather than the emotions that the memory brought up.

REMI “I was lucky that Edie showed up when she did. Otherwise I'd be dead right now.”

She said it as if it wasn't a big deal but she 8 struggled with it for a long time almost thinking it would have been easier than what she endured.

Cracking his neck Ryan tries very hard not to let his rage get to him over what Remi’s telling him. All of this was making him remember about some repressed memories. Moving his hand he grips her hand and looks back at her, looking serious.

RYAN”No… he’s lucky he’s still breathing right now.”

Ryan doesn’t say much after that. He smiling lowers himself on the couch, low enough that he can rest his head on Remi’s shoulder. Sometimes words can’t make things better, but touches can.

RYAN” Rem.. I get it. And I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

She just shrugs her shoulders as she moves to get comfortable on the couch.

REMI “There's not much we can do to change it, right? I mean it happened; my own father stabbed me with a knife and t was probably the nicest thing he's done.”

She shrugs her shoulders, being honest with him without realizing that she probably let a lot slip out.

Looking up at Remi Ryan stays calm, or at least as calm as he can get about this in particular. It infuriated him knowing that she thought of this as something nice he’s done for her. Ryan sits back up and wants Rem to look at him.

RYAN”Rem, Look at me..”

He slowly moves his hand to cup he chin so he can turn her head over to him. Being as gentle as he can with this situation he breathes easy before speaking.

RYAN” You didn’t deserve that, you didn’t deserve everything bad that happened to you. Do you understand me? None of it. What happened to you is sick, and it’s something you should have told someone about. This sick son of a bitch needs to pay for this and I…”

Ryan stops himself before he gets a bit more agitated, and God forbid he scares Rem in the process.

RYAN”You’re okay now… You have me with you.”

She shrugs her shoulders, battling with her own emotions.

REMI “It's okay, I'm okay. It happens, right? And there's not much anybody could do about it. Not then or not now.”

She looks into his eyes, blinking back tears. She knew that he probably knew now that her father was at every bad memory she had.

RYAN”No.”

He won’t take that for an answer. Letting go of the dog Ryan holds onto her arms and demands that she looks at him. His chest is rising and falling as his heart is beating rapidly. Managing his temper Ryan smoothes his face a bit to talk to her.

RYAN”I’m not going to take that for an answer. Rem.. this man hurt you, he abused his daughter. You can sit here and tell me that you’re okay with that. Because guess what? That’s not okay.”

He doesn’t mean to raise his voice a bit at her, but this sort of situation is not one that Ryan can tolerate. Even if it did happen a few years ago. Even though she knew that he wouldn't hurt her, she had flinched when he raised his voice. She gives him an apologetic look.

REMI “It's what I knew, Ry.”

She reaches up and touches his face for a moment. She offers him a small, sad smile.

REMI “If only you knew…”

At the moment Ryan’s heart sunk. This is what he didn’t want to see happen. Getting closer his slowly wraps an arm around her to give her some comfort. Clutching her tight he wants her to feel safe, and safe with him.

RYAN”It’s alright. I’m sorry. But this is no more. You’re safe now. I won’t let this happen ever again. You’re with me.”

He says in the calmest way possible. The tension on his neck and shoulders soon falling. It kills him inside seeing Remi like this, and he swears the this will be the last time he does see her like this. Ryan doesn’t want her to give him that apologetic look ever again.

RYAN”I think it’s okay for now. I know enough,”

She looks at him the look of uncertainty in her eyes.  She wasn't sure that he would stick around if he knew more; if he knew all of it.

REMI “For now you probably do...but that's just...the tip of the iceberg.”

She looks at him and offers him a more hopeful smile than the previous one she'd shared with him moments ago.

REMI “I just I don't want to scare you away...And you say you won't but you don't know that for sure.”

He nods at Remi’s words. It’s a bit hard for him to hear that she doesn’t completely trust him with knowing what happened to her. Pulling back a little in the embrace clears his throat in attempts to bounce back from the moment.

RYAN “You won’t scare me. I’ve been saying this to you for months now. You can’t get rid of me that easily.”

Resting back on the couch he can feel the small pup move around between them, probably looking for comfort. He picks him up and places him on Remi’s thigh and watches him enjoy it. Looking back at Remi Ryan doesn’t know what else to say about this. All he needs to do is wait until she trusts him.

RYAN “But I’m not going to push you into telling me. We can leave it for another day.”

She looks at him, watching him for a moment. She knew that if she didn't tell him stuff now when her courage was up, she'd never tell him.

REMI “I … should probably tell you now…”

She swallows hard.  She thinks about how to tell him some of the darker stuff.

REMI “I...I had an abortion once. When I was almost 14…”

She looks away from him. The news came as a shock to Ryan, one that was hard for him not to pay off his reaction. His eyes went wide for only a second as he nods to himself for a bit. This was some news to drop on a guy.

RYAN”Listen.. I…. um.. Damn this is hard.”

With deep regret Ryan has to take a moment of silence as he breathes. The levels of rage within his body spiked up high, but his anger his pointed at Rem’s parents, and not her. Tapping his thumbs over his thighs he slowly counts in his head to process all of this.

RYAN”Who.. I mean.. How?... What the fuck Rem.”

He eventually looks up at her with a deep look of confusion in his eyes. Ryan has no right or business of feeling a bit hurt by this, but he does. Breathing out slowly he stays in place, only moving his hand slightly over to Rem.

RYAN” I don’t know what to say.”

She looks at him, the tears now on her cheeks. She didn't know if she could tell him what happened before it.

REMI “It...was...I got pregnant because of …”

She didn't know if she could bring herself to say it. To say it out loud to another person would make it real and she liked to pretend that it wasn't real. She looks down again, trying not to overthink it.

REMI “It's wasn't...consensual.”

She couldn't bring herself to s the word rape. It felt like her tongue was on fire and she just couldn't spit the word out. She didn't know if she could tell him who it was. Ryan shakes his head and finds it very hard to say anything. He’s between being extremely pissed off and sad for Rem. He moves his hand over to hers and only grips it lightly.

RYAN”Don’t...Just don’t.. You don’t have to say it.”

His voice is a bit gravely at the amount of will power he’s using not to break down on Remi, he will not breakdown on any one. But this, this is just tragic.  Squeezing her hand lightly he needs her to let this go.  

RYAN” S-squeeze my hand. If I know who did it.”

She bites her bottom lip.

REMI “Um. Do you mean personally or..?”

She moves her eyes to his and reaches up to wipe her tears away from her cheeks

Again Ryan shakes his head while looking back at her. That was not what he meant. Ryan wanted to know if whoever did this was someone she mentioned earlier.

RYAN” No. I mean like… it wasn’t. Your father.”

He feels sick just letting those words slip out of his mouth. The works is a sick and cruel world and he’s seen his fair share of fucked u p things. But it doesn’t mean he likes them. She bites her bottom lip and looks at him. How could she tell him? She felt uneasy, wondering if he was ready to run for the hills.

REMI “I…”

She just looks down at her lap before squeezing his hand. She couldn't bring herself to say the words out loud. Ryan drops his head and breathes out, squeezing Remi’s hand. This is what eh feared, but now he knows why she’s kept this. But it didn’t mean that he liked it. Without another word Ryan took Remi into his arms. No word shared between them as he just wants to hold her tight.

RYAN” I’m.. “

He can’t bring himself to say sorry because that wasn’t good enough. Ryan chokes up a bit with in his words as his body shakes. Shivering he doesn’t want to let her go now. Because if he did his next step would be to show up in Hawaii.

REMI “Ryan, I'm okay. I mean, I have my own issues that you know stem from that. But I'm okay.”

She tries to make him look at her.

REMI “It happened a long time ago, Ry. I'm okay right now.”

Ryan just shakes his head slowly, only letting her go gently.

RYAN” If you were okay you wouldn’t cry because of it. If you were okay you would have told me with no problems. “

He wipes off his watery eyes and breathes in sharply as he wants to stay cold, even if Rem can easily see through that. Keeping his hand with hers he looks up at her.

RYAN”Was this it? The whole secret?”

She looks at him, knowing he was battling with his own emotions.

REMI “More or less. Look, you don't have to stick around. I'd understand if you wanted to leave.”

She bites her lip before looking at him.

REMI “And I'm safe I meant.”

After all this and she still thinks Ryan would leave. Shaking his head he gets himself in check and breathes out all his anger, or at least part of it. Loosening up his tension he looks back at Remi.

RYAN”Now why would I do a thing like that? I’m not heartless Rem.”

He says while looking down for a bit and staying put where he sits on the couch. His eyes met with Remi’s again and gives her his usual smirk.

RYAN”I’m still here.”

She looks at him and shrugs her shoulders a little bit. She looks down at Dash, who had settled I  between them.

REMI “But why would you stick around, Ryan?”

She lifts her eyes to look into his eyes for a moment.  She takes a deep breath as she tries not to have an anxiety attack.

REMI “I'm damaged goods, Ry.  My father forced me to have….sex with him on a regular basis.”

She looks down at her toes.Ryan nods before cupping Remi’s chin again and making her look up at him. He was not going to let her wallow in the past.

RYAN”You don’t ever have to mention that again.”

He can't handle his anger spiking up once more because of this. Letting her go he moves his hand lower to touch hers.

RYAN”Honestly. I stick around for you. Not gonna pretend that what happened to you isn’t bothering me, because it does. But I’d be a hypocrite if I judged you in anyway and walked away.”

She looks into his eyes, her demons swimming in her eyes.  She knew that he had his own issues but she was too busy swimming in her own to be able to handle his at the moment.

REMI “I'm giving you an out, though. I want you here, don't get me wrong. And I want to be here but I don't want to force you to stay if you really don't want to be here.”

She leans in and delicately presses her lips against his cheek.  She leans into him a bit, almost sandwiching  Dash in between them. Ryan turns to give her a genuine smile as they look at each other before he places a soft kiss against her lips.

RYAN”Rem, I’m staying. You can try to push me out if you want, but I already decided that I’m not going to turn around and run from you just because you have a few demons.”

He had his own fair share of demons that have yet to come up in conversation, but those are a lot less tolerable. With his hand on Remi’s he slowly leans in for a deeper kiss, yet the sudden bark from the small protective pup stops him. Ryan looks down at the lively Golden retriever  that’s barking at him.

RYAN”Besides we need to teach this little guy some manner.”

Remi looks down at the pup who was looking up at the two of them.

REMI “I don't want you to go anywhere either...and he's fine. Just a puppy.”

She pokes Dash on the snout before looking at Ryan. She smiles softly at him before leaning in to kiss him again. Chuckling darkly into it Ryan grabs the pup and moves him out of the way before he pulls Remi over and he rests his back against the bottom cushions. Pecking at her lips he speaks between them.

RYAN”I’m not going anywhere without you.”

He looks deeply at her as he laughs at the way the pup jumps to get back on the couch with them. Shaking  his head he figures that they won’t get away with anything with Dash around.

RYAN” We can keep going after we put the kid to bed.”

She laughs softly before looking at the pup who wanted to be wherever they were. She gently lifts him up so that he's on the couch with them. She kisses the top of the pup’s head before moving to lay comfortably on top of Ryan.

REMI “But he's too cute to make him go to bed.”

She gently lays her head on Ryan's chest a Dash settles down in between them, literally.

REMI “Sometimes I think he's a cat.”

She grabs for a blanket, searching around the back of the couch.

RYAN”It’s a good thing he’s not. I’d be halfway through downtown two states over if there was a cat here.”

He chuckles yet he’s being completely serious.. Ryan’s phobia/allergies towards cats is both hilarious and serious. Breathing out he rests his head down and smiles while rubbing the back of his hand on Remi’s back. His other hand almost gets bitten by Dash before it could go anywhere else.

RYAN”But he is cute. I give you that one. He still needs to know how to share.”

She laughs before looking at Dash. She pokes his nose playfully.

REMI “He's just a baby, Ry. He doesn't know any better.”

She pulls him closer and gives Ryan her best puppy dog eyes, trying to mimic the same ones that Dash was giving.

REMI “And he loves you.”

Ryan hums his response before helping Remi with the blanket. Gently he pulls it over them with a  smirk on his lips as he tries to go for a kiss without getting seen. But that only gets stopped by another loud bark from the pup.

RYAN” Oh come on! He’s doing it on purpose now, admit it.”

This goes on each time Ryan tries to make a move on Remi. With Dash being her guard dog there is nothing he can do that won’t earn him a loud back and a gently nudge from the pup.

REMI “Dash, go to sleep. No more barking.”

She gives the pup a stern look before snuggling in closer to Ryan. She looks up at him as Dash watches him and gives him a yip.

REMI “I think he's telling you to keep your hands to yourself.”

She grins at him.

RYAN” But it’s not my hands that are touching someone.”

He smiles with a raised brow. Simply holding Rem, Ryan rests on the couch, lazily touching her soft skin while the others hand plays with the dog as a distraction. After how intense the moment between them way it was very welcoming to have some downtime.

RYAN”I’m proud of you.  I don’t know anyone that is as strong as you.”

With his eyes closed Ryan says in this calming moment between them.  Her cheeks flush a pink color as she listens to his voice.

REMI “I don't know if I'm that strong…”

She snuggles into him, getting comfortable as Dash finally settles down to go to sleep.

REMI “You learn to survive with what you've been dealt.”

She closes her eyes for a moment before looking up at his face.
>