Author Topic: Reunited?  (Read 307 times)

Offline Dax Beckett

• View Profile
    • Dax Beckett
Reunited?
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »
 OOC: Sorry for the shortness of this RP.  I've been extremely ill this week, and had every intention of doing much more with this.

That beating was definitely not something I expected.  I guess I got a little cocky, and it turned into an all out brawl between the Bad Boys and us.  It even went one step further by involving Celeste and Mercedes.  And that brings us to this week.  Me and Celeste are taking on the couple of Mickey Carroll and Mercedes Vargas.  Individually, I have no doubt that we would destroy them.  Together?  I'm not so sure...

Celeste and I are on the same page with that, at least.  We met up for lunch to try to get on the same page with everything.  However, we don't even make it to ordering drinks before she dives right in.

Celeste:  I'm just going to be honest.  I don't trust you.  Not as a person, and not as a tag team partner.  You left me hanging when I needed you the most, when I was in my darkest place.

She stares across the table at me, waiting for some kind of response.  Instead, I just stare at her for a minute, trying to think of a way to say what I need to say without coming across as a total dickhead.

Me:  My mom taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.  Right now, I don't.  So, how about these tapas?  They look pretty good.

Celeste:  Great, so you're just going to avoid the issue altogether?

Me:  Pretty much.  Look, we just have to get through this week, and then we can go back to pretending the other doesn't even exist.  Seems simple enough, right?

I smile, because I don't want her to know how badly this is getting to me.  I stare into the menu for a minute, trying to pretend to be distracted by it.

Celeste:  Thanks for reminding me why I kicked you to the curb.  This fifteen minute meeting has been really helpful.

Me:  Oh, you didn't kick me to the curb.  I broke up with you.

Celeste:  Hmmm... no... I'm pretty sure that I broke up with you when I stopped answering your calls and texts.

Me:  Well... that's not really true, because there were no calls and texts to "stop answering".  We left it pretty vague.  We both did.

Celeste takes her turn staring at the menu, pretending that I don't have a point.  She taps her chin for a second.

Celeste:  Is it bad to order a cheeseburger at a sightly nicer restaurant?  I think I want a cheeseburger.

Me:  This... this right here was the problem.  I'm trying to get past it.  Since we obviously have to get along for this week, I thought we could ignore the rhino in the room.  But, that doesn't seem possible.  We need to squash this once and for all.  I don't hate you.  As a matter of fact, I still love you.  What I don't love though?  Is the fact that you pushed me away from you because you didn't want me to see how vulnerable you were through all of this shit with the Mean Girls.  Fuck, Celeste!  This whole Bad Boys thing going on right now is for you.  Last week, when I was kicking ass and taking names, you were the only thing on my mind.  Every time I punch Mickey Carroll in the face, it's like an ode to Celeste North.  I would have moved mountains for you, but you don't trust me enough to let me show you that, and that is something I can't get over.

She's silent.  She's staring at the menu as the waiter finally brings us our drinks.  She looks up at him for a moment, but completely ignores me.  However, the single tear running down her cheek lets me know that she heard me.  I reach across the table to wipe it, but she turns her head, not letting me.

Celeste:  You gave up so easily on me.

Me:  You told me that you needed space, and as much as I didn't want to give it to you, I felt like I had to, because that's what you wanted. If you need me to be the bad guy here, then fine.  I'm a fuck boy.  I'm a douchebag.  I'm an asshole.  I'm the villain you can blame.  If that's what makes you happy, then I'll do it.  It's not even about winning this week, even though we know we want it...

Celeste:  Mercedes is nothing new.  We've squared off many times.  I'm over it, because it's just one step closer to Delia.  I'm going to send a message to her this week.

Me:  And I'm going to show Mickey Carroll just why he picked the wrong fight.  So we're agreed?  One last run with Daleste?

Celeste looks down at the table, and there is a bit of redness in her cheeks.  She bites at her bottom lip before gently looking up at me.

Celeste:  What about Cex?

I don't understand it the same way as her, as I think how much better Daleste sounds than... She smirks at me as I finally start to get it.  We both scoot our chairs out suddenly, and stand up.  I reach into my wallet and throw down a few bills on the table before we both practically run out of the restaurant.  We might not be on the same page with this match, but we are working really hard on getting there.  Mickey Carroll and Mercedes Vargas need to watch out, because we're coming at them full force this week.
>