Author Topic: Matt Spears vs Calvin Harris  (Read 237 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Matt Spears vs Calvin Harris
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:47:24 PM »
  Off Camera

Matt is at home half drink and has got found out he has a match this Sunday for SCW CC166. However Matt seems to be confused as to who SCW really wants in the ring. Jon Dough is a voice alter ego that has taken on its own life, it is Jon Dough that is an Elder, yet they bill the match as if Matt is the Elder. Matt is sure this is clearly a typo since we all know everyone in SCW pays attention to what everyone is doing and who they do it with. So everyone knows that Matt Spears is a loner unless Jon Dough had to be around.

Lucky for Matt Spears, Mr. Harris is one that does his homework. For matt he knows that Calvin will not read the show card and try and base information off of that alone as that was false again a typo. I guess time will tell if he does get to correct that mistake or will he run with it and act like he knows what he is talking about.

Seems lately talking randomly and sounding like it can make since can work thou in SCW from time to time so who knows. Matt thinks about this as he chugs his beer. Matt sits back thinking about his opponent, not what he has done in Pure Amusement as Matt feels that holds no weight in SCW.

What does hold weight in SCW is up you do in there ring. Matt understands that all too well as he had not been so hot, how does Matt know that for a fact, simple the lack of bookings he has gotten. Matt knows that there is no one to blame but himself. Can you blame SCW for treating Matt this way, of course not? Matt’s last outing was for the Internet Title that Despayre is still holding. What did Matt do? He pissed it away, he went out of his way to show SCW he didn’t care and in turn they said Fuck You right back.

That was the Fuck You Matt needed to get. A wake up call if you will. IF there is one thing he doesn’t want to do is piss off his bosses and yet when they give him a shot, a match other wish they can have Matt just shrugs it off.

SCW has decided to book Matt Spears yet again this time a non-title match, this time vs a man who talked a big game and came up short. A name from the same city as Matt, yeah battle for who the better Chi-Town wrestler is.

As matt goes and gets another beer from the fridge he realizes that the bull’s game will be starting in 15 minutes. The game not the pre-show stuff as that is airing as we speak. He heads to the living room were a camera is planted pointed at his couch. He goes and turns it on.

On Camera

We see matt spears sitting I his living room. He has a beer in his hand wearing a Cubs shirt and black sweat pants, sipping on a Coors light. As he sits he leans forward a bit.

Matt Spears: So in a few days those who forgot I work in SCW will hear my music and say

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy”

Matt leans sit on his couch.

Matt Spears: truth is they have every right to think that way. You see I seem to just show no heart, truth is I do have heart, I do enjoy what I do, it’s just… I guess I have yet to find my groove. Sure it’s easy for Jon Dough to come out and do what he does, that works for him.

But I’m not him, yes we share the same body, but that’s about it. Other than that we are not alike. Hell I can’t even do have the moves he can in the ring. He can cut a promo better than I can, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have heart, it just means I have a lot of work to do to get better.

I now get tested with a man who talks a big game just watch his last footage vs Dax and you will see what I mean. I’m sure he will take a big game for this match up on Sunday, rather its accurate or not we shall see, rather he took the time to study his opponent we shall see.

On paper this is a match that yes most see him winning, I can’t lie. All I can do is take that for what it’s worth and try that much harder. Mr. Harris was expecting something better then Dax, like a title shot, like most wrestlers want, can’t blame him, I mean they given title shots to others in their first match so I can see why he wanted one.

Yet there he stood at the losing end of his debut match. I’m sure Mr. Harries will come out and say how that was a fluke, how someone like him never loses a match like that. But to that I say what match is that? A SCW match? Cause if so let me be the first to say, no one walks in SCW and takes charge, only a handful have tried and half of them failed.

What you did was what most do; you came in talk a whole lot and lost. I hope that was your wakeup call but I’m sure it wasn’t. Instead you will half ass it and hopes it gets you by. The sad thing is, it may get you past me but I assure you won’t get past others that way, just a tip from me to you. Then again you may not listen as you maybe one of those who won’t pay much attention to what others so or say.

On that note I do wish a local boy as myself good luck. Things seem to be shaping up here in SCW with wrestlers from Chicago, Now that you are here. Then there is me, Elder member Eyesnsane, Elder member Alana, ok she may be from Rock Island but close enough right. I mean I don’t think there is more from one city this is from Chicago. That said who knows maybe we know some of the same folks out here.

SCW now may be a great time to make a tour to the Midwest; you have four stars from the same area, at the very least give the SCW fans that live in Chicago a show. As of now you have had zero and you have four of us working for you, if there was any time to plan a Chicago show it would be now.

Of course I’m sure Mr. Harris wouldn’t not agree, nope he instead will be bragging about how he plans on beating me up, how I have no chance, you know the standard bad guy stuff that everyone likes to repeat week in and week out. For real don’t you all get tired of watching the some kind of film over and over again? It’s just a broken record in a different environment setting. I mean don’t you the SCW fans get bored of the same ole same ole, maybe its just me. Then again maybe that’s what I should do seeing how that gets so many far in SCW. Not all as some understand that being different and standing out can work wonders for ones career.

Is that what I should do? Sound like everyone else, I don’t think I can stand out from the pack.

(Matt voice in his head, Jon Dough: Dude you stick out more…)

Matt Spears: All I know is one thing is for sure you are fighting this fight to prove you are not all talk, I’m just fighting this fight to keep getting booked. What is it that you are fighting for? Handouts like the one you were hoping for on your debut. You title chance will come sooner then later, again just study up on your opponents them assume that they hype on in there card is always correct.

We see Matt getting up from his chair and gets behind…

Off Camera

As Matt turns off the camera he goes and gets another beer. He then goes
back and highers the volumes to the TV that has been muted this whole time. Matt will sit back and enjoy the Bulls game before calling it a night.
user posted image