Author Topic: Asterisk the 37th: Maybe, Perhaps, Probably  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 37th: Maybe, Perhaps, Probably
« on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
 Una serie de eventos desafortunado the 35th: Causa y efecto XVI: Postdata/A Series of Unfortunate Events the the 35th: Cause & Effect XVI: Postscript
semana del 13 al 19 de novembre de 2 0 1 6

In case you didn't get the memo, Melody tweeted that High Stakes was her last match for now in SCW and all I want to do right now is apologize to her for not giving the match she deserved. She won, yes, but it wasn't against the Mercedes who gave her two tough matches before. “Big Match Mercy” didn't show up at the final supercard of the year and I think she wasn't the only one who noticed it. Another supercard has come and gone, and another loss is all I have to show for it.

In life, you go big, or you go home. For me, the past few supercards have been nothing to write home about. I'm not afraid of challenges. At High Stakes I knew I had a mountain of a challenge, but even though I didn't reach the summit, even though Melody beat me for the third time, even though I've now lost at every supercard match after My Bloody Valentine, even though I'm a long ways away from being anywhere near contending for an Bombshell title, I'm not giving up. I'm not going to stop. Crystal did her part to keep her title reign going.

So, yeah, I'm saying there's still a chance we do this dance one more time..

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad XLIII: El Mejor de los tiempos, los peores tiempos/Moment of Clarity XLIII: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times
20 de novembre de 2 0 1 6 ♦ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

[The bells have rung. The merchandise table is all but empty. Three Championships have fully changed hands. A night of surprises, unforgettable moments, epic battles and classic confrontations. All in all, High Stakes was another smashing success, not that revelation would be a surprise. The ring crew were hard at work tearing down the six-sided ring where 15 matches took place. It was always interesting to her how these rings were built and taken apart so easily. While Mercedes never got to set up a wrestling ring during her training days, she found the process still fascinating to see. She stops to watch the ring implode followed by the corner ring post falling like logs. Jasmine St. John and Drew Patton supervised the crew, who begin to peel back the canvas, revealing plywood.

With the talent all either cleaning up to head home or celebrate, or perhaps arguing with the medical staff, and the fans filing out to beat the traffic, Mercedes Vargas takes a moment to finally breathe. Her night was over long before J2H prevailed to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. She made that walk and she lived to tell the tale, though this one had a recurring theme that played five times over. If you knew what had just taken place, you would know the expression on the woman's face. The bitter defeat to Melody Grace was still raw but this was forgotten momentarily as she signs autographs outside of the parking lot area. A group of fans huddled around her as questions came left and right.
]

“Sorry about the loss tonight, Merce.”

“Well, bless your heart.”

She stifles a laugh as she takes an autograph book from a female fan while at the same time trying to engage in conversation.

“How are you guys? How are you?”

[She receives a few how-are-yous in response. 8-by-10 photographs came at her in all directions.]

“Nice to see you and you're welcome. You guys enjoyed the show tonight? Yes, no? Maybe?”

“Yeah, it was pretty good. Great matches all around. You didn't do too bad yourself.”

“Now you're just saying that.”

[She scribbles a few more pictures as she talks. One or two people ask for their picture to be taken. A man stands next to Mercedes, holding up a camera phone and poses before the snapshot is taken. With another stroke of a pen, her last autograph request is fulfilled and she is finally relieved. Mercedes parts through the crowd, pulling her tote bag behind her as a black SUV pulls up. Mercedes opens the passenger side door, placing her luggage inside before she turns back and waves. She leans on the passenger side door.]

“Goodnight, LA! Try not to sell these on ebay to make a quick buck. If I find out, I will go Liam Neeson on you.”

[This gets a laughs from the group. She gets in, slams the door, and the SUV peels off in a squeal of tires as our scene fades.]

• • •

Momento de claridad XLIV: El Mejor de los tiempos, los peores tiempos, el segundo/Moment of Clarity XLIV: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times The Second
4 de deciembre de 2 0 1 6 ♦ PRIMM, NEVADA

Two weeks later. Climax Control 165, an hour after the show went off the airwaves....

“I see you're in great pain right now.”

“Was that your first clue, or do you just play a doctor on TV?”

[We find the door to the infirmary halfway open before we pan inside to where Mercedes is being attended to by SCW medical staff. The Argentine is putting up quite a fight, much like her match earlier in the night in yet another losing effort. The doctor, seemingly new but obviously not to his share of difficult patients, gently reaches forward, motioning for Mercedes' hand, but she gives him a dark look. Whether her arm was broken, sprained or bruised she didn't know, but she would live with the results. Mercedes winces, brows furrowed tight with pain. Mercedes clutches her arm and she turns sharply to glare at the doctor, her eyes narrow slits.]  

Mercedes: Don't touch me!

[The doctor rolls his eyes making another attempt to examine her. Mercedes promptly slaps his hand away and seethes through gritted teeth.]

Mercedes: Are you deaf? What did I just say? Back off!

Doctor: Now, Ms. Vargas, we can do this the easy or the hard way, and I really don't want to do things the hard way.

Mercedes: Or we can do this my way and no one get hurts. Take another step and you're going to regret it.

Doctor: With one good arm? I think I'll take my chances.

[Without warning, the doctor grabs her arm and two nurses immediately restrain her. Mercedes yelps in pain as the doctor applies pressure on the arm, bending it back. Even if she wanted to, fighting against her captors would prove fruitless.]

Doctor: Just as I thought, a broken arm. You're going to be missing a couple of shows for the time being.

Mercedes: For the time being? For the time being!? For the time being, Alexis Edwards is lucky she's still breathing after what she did to me tonight! She's going to get hers, just you wait!

Doctor: Life is too short to hold grudges, but I'm afraid you'll have to put those plans for revenge on hold. Luckily, your injury isn't serious, which is a good sign. Still, you're in no condition to wrestle. You could show up for Climax Control, but only in a non-wrestling capacity.

Mercedes: HELL NO! I'm going to Climax Control and when I get to Reno, I'm going to find Alexis and beat her like the red-headed stepchild she is. It's going to take a lot more than a broken arm to keep me away.”

[*Fade*]

~ ~ ~

Una serie de eventos desafortunado the 36th: Causa y efecto XVII: Que podría haber sido, que nunca era, que podría ser pronto/A Series of Unfortunate Events the the 36th: Cause & Effect XVII: What Could Have Been, What Never Was, What Might Be Soon
semana del 4 al 1 de deciembre de 2 0 1 6

To say that this year has been frustrating would be a huge understatement. Underperforming when you feel like you're better than your win-loss record says was tough for me. Then to go the entire summer without winning a match is soul-crushing. And through all that, I have a tremendous amount of guilt on having let teammates, fans and SCW down. But more importantly, I let myself down. I had high expectations of winning the World Bombshell Championship this year and yes, while I did manage to do just that, I can't accept that "win" no matter what the record book states. But here I am with another harsh reality, winning matches when it matters most, more specifically on a supercard. People have noticed that fact to the point where it's shameful. It's gotten to the point where they said that anybody on the roster could beat me or, worse, that I'm a has-been, the ultimate insult as anyone should know. That's when you're forced to come face to face with what's happening.

The game's passed me by.

"Years go quickly. Matches become more dangerous. Chances for success diminish. New talent has arrived hoping to take your spot. Nearly avoiding injury and now in the mid-30s. The people are whispering. Everyone has doubts. You've spent your career working to get here. Now we're at the crossroads. You almost feel like an outsider. It's a dark place. Probably the darkest it's ever been. You're sad and down and out and you ask yourself, 'Why did this have to happen?' It's in this moment when you find out who you really are and what you're really about.

"You see wrestling is a meritocracy. Some wrestlers have lack of talent, but can get by on their looks. You aren't handed anything. You earn everything, every single day, over and over again. You have to prove it. That's the way that SCW, that wrestling works.

"I've got two choices: sit there and feel sorry for myself or prove that I have a little bit of fight left. I think it's obvious what I'm going to do. I'm not going to let Jessie Salco's comments stop me from doing what I need to do. If anything, it just gives me extra motivation, fuels the spirited competitor in me and inspire my passion. But it's still sad. I expected better from someone who, like myself, has had a successful career and could possibly become the next Grand Slam Champion. Nobody asked me, but if I'm supposed to be a has-been, what exactly does that make her? There are plenty of people who do nothing, who have never been wrestlers. The people who have not achieved could be called "never was". Maybe I haven't been reaching my potential, but it is still better than those who don't ever dare to try. I'm talking about the girls who signed their name to a contract and that was it, or who usually aren't in the company long enough to realize their true potential, and that's a shame. I can't dwell on the past. I want to know what the future holds.

Two weeks ago against Melody, last week against Alexis? I'm moving on. I'm not sure where her new outlook on life came from: maybe it was the humbling defeat to me at My Bloody Valentine or her twin sister talking some sense into her or getting kicked off the Japanese tour. Maybe it's due to one of these things or all of these things, or none of these things. Whatever the case may be, Lex has become a better person for it, but I'm not going to let her win define my future. I know what I need to do, I know exactly what I’m facing and I know exactly how to overcome it.

I'm not here to be witty, or funny, or cute. I'm here simply to win. And that's what I'm going to do.

They can say I'm dead in the water, but I'm vivito y coleando.

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)