Author Topic: Bringing the Pain  (Read 241 times)

Offline Eyesnsnae

• View Profile
    • Eyesnsane
Bringing the Pain
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:37:18 PM »
 Los Angeles, Ca.
Children’s Protective services building four.

Having arrived early for his visit with Tyson. Eyesnsane is seated in a hallway just outside of the room where he will get to spend an hour with his son. He hears the click and clack of high heels hitting the flooring of the hallway and looks up to see the child psychologist assigned to his case, Ms. Pennyworth. With a file folder, already in her hand she sits down next to him.

Ms. Pennyworth: I see you are here early for this visit Mr. Hughes.

Eyesnsane: Hello Ms. Pennyworth, how are you today?

Ms. Pennyworth: I am well, thank you. I was reviewing your case all around earlier this morning.

Eyesnsane: Great so how much longer do I need to be shamed like this just to be able to see my son?

Ms. Pennyworth: Well you realize that some of that has to do with you, right? My records indicate that it has been some time since you have had a therapy session with ….

Eyesnsane: Look. I’m different and I’ve always been different my whole life. Somethings got a little weird and I can admit that. But for months I’ve been treated like a threat to my own kid. Lady I drink and on occasion may have partied a bit. But there is nothing created that could make me hurt Tyson. I love my son more than I love myself.

Ms. Pennyworth: I believe you Mr. Hughes. As I was saying I find your interactions with Tyson to be healthy and exemplary. I’ve spoken to his school and his teachers and they confirm that he is a well-adjusted boy. His grades are outstanding and these are all things I must report at the next hearing. Including how you are always on time, and how great you are with him, but only you can meet the judge’s requirement for you to have therapy.

Eyesnsane: See and there’s the thing. I’ve not been found guilty of a thing and yet I’m being punished. Not to mention this same judge set my child support as well and when I say I don’t have time to see a shrink it’s because I don’t. I’m working two jobs right now so that my boy never must go without anything he needs.

Ms. Pennyworth: Have you spoken to Ms. Redgrave recently?

Eyesnsane: No, I have not.

Ms. Pennyworth: Why not?

Eyesnsane: Oh, well you know when I woman gets a restraining order against you and convinces a court you are a danger to yourself and your child I find myself in this quasi sort of place where I don’t have shit to say to her. How does one start that conversation? I figure if I call then maybe some judge thinks I’m a stalker, hell I don’t know. Then again a judge has given my ex complete control over a part of my life.

Ms. Pennyworth: You make it sound a bit bleaker than it is I think…
Eyesnsane: With all due respect, how in the hell would you know? Do you have kids?

Ms. Penyworth: No, I do not but I think ….

Eyesnsane: You think reading some books coupled with that piece of paper tht last school you went to prepared you for everything. Put yourself in my shoes. I can’t take my son out for ice cream just because. We are not about to be in my backyard playing catch. I can’t take him to work with me and I can’t even be within one hundred and fifty feet of his school. I can’t do something as simple as take my kid to McDonald’s.

The highlight of my existence is coming to this building twice a month so I can see him. I keep a phone and laptop with me always just in case his mom lets me Skype with him. I bought him a videogame brought it here just for security to take it from me because they must inspect it and give it to his mother. Oh, and here’s a good one. How do those books say I’m supposed to answer him when he asked about all the normal stuff he and I can’t do that all his friends do with their dads? You got a book for that?

Ms. Pennyworth: Please don’t get…

Eyesnsane: I’m not getting any way. Frankly I’m trapped and keeping the egg shells beneath my feet. I know any little thing is enough to have this visit canceled and there is no way I’m going to mess up what little I have. Just don’t condescend to me like you know what I’m going through. Don’t give me all that shrink speech about the positives as you see them. Things will be great when I can do normal things with Tyson again and not a moment before then. Until then with all due respect you may as well just be another cop telling me what I can and can’t do along with telling me what I should do while I sit here and pretend that life is every bit as easy as you and some judge make it out to be.

Eyesnsane leans back against the wall and lets out a sigh while looking at his watch.

Eyesnsane: Please excuse me it’s almost that time so I’m going to take a piss so that I get all of my time here with Tyson today.

Ms. Pennyworth does not say word as Eyesnsane gets up from his seat and walks to the nearby restroom. After a few moments Eyesnsane emerges from a stall and stands in front of a sink where he turns on the water and begins washing his hands as he stares at himself in the mirror. Moment’s go by while the water runs and he just blankly stares at himself until a light chime can be heard. Eyesnsane looks at his watch as he turns off the water and walks to a towel dispenser and dry’s his hands before heading back out into the hallway were he looks to his previous seat only to find Ms. Pennyworth gone. Eyesnsane takes his seat again and waits patiently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyesnsane is on a lounge chair wearing sunglasses and some small shorts.  The sun is shining down on him as he has his eyes covered with dark sunglasses and a bottle of Jack Daniels cradled in his arms as he lays on the balcony of his suite. Meanwhile at Los Angeles International airport.  Ted has just placed two of Rebecca's three bags in the trunk of a black car with tinted windows leaving only a midsized black leather bag at her side which is of course her doctor's bag which she picks up and places on the back seat of the vehicle before getting into the front of the car with Ted.

Rebecca: So where are we off to first?

Ted: Well I thought we would go and see Song first but as it turns out
Eyesnsane is closer to the airport than Song is.

Rebecca: Ok, that sounds like a plan.

They both get into the car and fasten their seat belts and settle into their seats.  Ted turns on the car and turns down the music while checking his mirrors before heading out of the hangar to exit the airport.

Ted: So how was your flight?

Rebecca: It was alright nice and smooth.

Ted: Well now that's good.  Let’s hope the traffic is not too bad as we head into the city to go see goofball.

Rebecca: Goofball? That's a funny nickname.

Ted: As opposed to Eyesnsane?

They are both quiet for a moment and then they laugh a bit.

Rebecca: Well I suppose you got me there.  So, is there anything I should know about this Eyesnsane?

Ted: What do you mean?

Rebecca: Well I've only met Alana, Master Lilly, and Song so far.  Oh, and Wrigley, he so cute where did you guys find him?

Ted: Funny story.  So there was a show that Eyesnsane and Matt Spears were driving to and they found him along a stretch of road going through well nothing.  It was a middle of the desert type of stretch.

Rebecca: Really?

Ted: Yeah as odd as that is.  But then again he was found by a guy who hears voices but one takes over his body so it may have been Jon Dough that wanted to keep him.

Rebecca: Wait so if I'm following you here.  Are you saying that Matt Spears and Jon Dough are the same person?

Ted: Yes, and Jon is tag team partners with Eyesnsane.

Rebecca: Then Matt is the voice in his head?

Ted: N I think its the other way around.

Rebecca: Interesting.  So do you know if he is with Eyesnsane?

Ted: I'm not certain but I would say probably not.  Whenever we are in California Eyesnsane will pretty much keep to himself.  I know he takes the opportunity to see Tyson as much as he can.

Rebecca: Ok, so who is Tyson?

Ted: That's Eyesnsane's son.

Rebecca: Oh, ok so his family lives out here.

Ted: Well his son stays with his mom out here.

Rebecca: Oh, so they are not actually together?

Ted: No not for a while now and hey.  You don't want to bring that stuff up around Eyesnsane.  If he talks about then that’s cool.

Rebecca: I get it, it’s a sensitive subject.

Ted: Exactly.

Rebecca: That's good to know.  Is there anything else you may want to warn me about?

Ted: Can’t say that anything else comes to mind.  Eyesnsane is a pretty cool dude.

Rebecca: Well that’s good.

Rebecca turns and looks out of the passenger side window as the vehicle rolls along.  You can almost see her wheels turning as she thinks to herself.  Ted keeping his eyes on the road as they merge on to the exspressway.

Ted: Oh, yeah it’s still early enough that traffic has not set in yet.  Let me give Eyesnsane a call and let him know we are on the way.

Rebecca: Early morning business for him, or is that the cue to shoo away the groupies?

Ted: Well honestly I want him to be awake.  As far as that other stuff goes I can’t say.  What I can tell you is he is usually anything but predictable.  I have not seen him in a couple of days.

Rebecca: Oh, ok.  

Ted: Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll get a feel for everybody soon enough.  Not to mention you’re the doctor.  I’m sure at some point you may know more about us than you want to.

Rebecca: Us, do you wrestle also?

Ted: Oh, no not me and well not now.  Maybe someday though who knows what the future has instore, but I do think I have an issue with a rash.

Rebecca turns and shoots Ted a sharp look.

Rebecca: How long have you had it? Oh, and where is it located?

Ted: It’s only been a couple of days and it’s on my left foot.

Rebecca: Tell you what when we get to the hotel I’ll look at that for you.

Ted: Cool, cool…

Ted presses a button on the steering wheel and a computerized voice is heard seconds later.  “Calling Eyes N Sane.”.  After a few rings….

Eyesnsane: Yo, what up bro?

Ted: Yo ass awake?

Eyesnsane: Last time I checked you had to be awake to talk man.

Ted: Ok just checking.  Yo sober?

Eyesnsane: Thanks for reminding me….

There is a pause for a few moments and some muffled sounds followed by glass breaking.

Ted: Yo you good over there?

Eyesnsane: Yeah man.. I just knocked over an empty.  It’s ok I have not walked on broken glass in a while its good practice.

Ted: How is walking on broken glass good practice for anything?

Eyesnsane: Simple, Ben Jordan has a glass jaw, so when I kick it later it won’t hurt my foot.

Ted: Have I ever told you I worry about you before?

Eyesnsane: Just about everyday bub.  Hey did that doctor chic get in town yet?  You know it’s kind of hard to believe she is a doctor….

Rebecca turns and looks at Ted, placing a finger in front of her lips.

Ted: What makes you say that?

Eyesnsane: She looks so young.  I saw her picture on Twitter and she looks like a high school senior.

Rebecca: Well thank you Mr. Eyesnsane.  Might I add that you look well for your age also.

Eyesnsane: Doc?

Rebecca: Please feel free to call me Rebecca.

Eyesnsane: Good morning.  I see how you gon act Ted got me on speaker and everything.  

Ted: Hey don’t blame me I was just trying to give you a heads up because we will be there in about five minutes.

Eyesnsane: Ok drive safe.

The call is disconnected.  As the drive continues until they arrive at the hotel.  Ted and Rebecca make their way up to Eyesnsane’s room with her carrying her doctor’s bag and Ted with the camera and a bit of equipment.  Ted knocks on Eyesnsane’s door and after a few moments the door opens and Eyesnsane opens the door standing in front of them wearing blue jeans and a white Cubs home jersey and a black and grey Cubs world series hat.  With the SCW tag team title around his waist.  You almost don’t notice he’s barefoot.

Ted: Already, go Cubs baby!

Eyesnsane: Hell, yeah go Cubs!

The two men hug each other for a moment.  Then Eyesnsane moves back and opens the door wider so that they can enter the sprawling suite.  Ted sits down the tripod and places the camera on a nearby table and turns to Eyesnsane who is closing the door.

Ted: Allow me to introduce to Dr. Rebecca Weaver.

Eyesnsane: Hello Dr. Weaver.

As he extends his hand to shake hers. She reaches out and they briefly shake hands as he motions for her to take a seat on a couch just behind her as he walks across the room.

Eyesnsane: Can I get either of you something to drink?

Ted: Whatt you got?

Eyesnsane: Uhhmm… I got Coke, Water, Cranberry, pinalpe, and orange juices.

Ted: I’ll take a cranberry juice.

Becky: Water please.

Eyesnsane steps out onto the balcony and you can hear him rushing around and the faint sound of ice.  After a few moments Eyensane steps back in and hands Ted who was right by him a bottle of cranberry juice.  He then heads toward Dr. Weaver with two bottles of water and once her reaches the couch where she has taken a seat he hands her a bottle of water, then opening the other for himself.

Ted: Well hey I’m going to go and chill in the other room while you two do the doctor patient stuff and when you are ready for me to get the cameras going just let me know.

Eyesnsane: Fair enough.

Eyesnsane picks up a chair and sits it next to the doctor who is already and the couch and he takes the seat for him self.

Eyesnsane: Hey about earlier on the phone.  I just want to say if I offended you then I’m sorry about that.

Becky: It’s alright.  Part of me wnders what you would have said if I had waited to speak.

Eyesnsane: I’m sure I could have been much more complimentary.  So I hear you went to Loyola.

Becky: Yes I did.

Eyesnsane: That’s old stomping grounds for me.

Becky: Really?

Eyesnsane: Yep, I lived on Granville and Sheridan.

Becky: Oh, really.  I know right where that is.

Eyesnsane: Have you ever been to the neighborhood restaurant named AJ’s?

Becky: Yes, I’ve been there a few times it helped that they were open pretty much all night.

Eyesnsane: Remember those pictures on the wall?

Becky: Yeah that place, hey.

Eyesnsne: Yep a long, long time ago but yes that was me.

Becky: The Bugsy burger.

Eyesnsane: The Gyro cheeseburger.

They both start laughing.  

Eyensane: Now I’m at your disposal doc.  I feel great.

Becky: Wow.  That really must have been something.

Dr. Weaver reaches into her bag next to her on the couch and produces a file folder.  She opens it and begins reviewing some information.  She then looks up at Eyesnsane and reaches into her bag again and grabs a pen.

Becky: There are a few questions about family history.

Eyesnane: I can stop you right their doc.  My mom died when I was young and I never knew my father.

Becky: Oh, my I’m sorry.  Was she sick.

Eyesnsane: No.

Becky: Something out of nowhere had to be tough.

Eyesnsane: It was complicated/

Becky: Ok you said that you feel good.

Eyesnsane: Yes, mam.

Becky: Please don’t call me mam.

Eyesnsane: Sorry Dr. Weaver.

Becky: Look I am looking forward to working with you all for a long time.  That said how about you just call me Rebecca.  I don’t mind.

Eyesnsane: Okay.

Becky: Have you had and lingering pain after matches or otherwise?

Eyesnsane: No.

Becky: Are you currently on or have you taken in the last twenty-four hours any drugs or medications?

Eyesnsane: Hold on, so let me get the legal part of this straight.  Anything I tell you as my doctor can’t be used against me I court, right?

Looking at him Dr. Weaver raises an eyebrow.

Becky: That would be correct for the most part.

Eyesnsane looks around to make sure that the cameras are all off and then leans into the doctor and whispers to her for quite some time as her cheeks become a rosy red color.  Once he stops and leans back into his chair.  She takes a long slow and deep breath that she slowly exhales.

Becky: Ok um first do you do all of that on a regular basis?

Eyesnsane: No, I don’t.

Becky: Well that’s good,  

She reaches into her bag and removes a stethoscope and puts the ear parts around her neck.  Taking hold of the listening end she unbuttons the top two buttons of his jersey and she places the small disc against the chest of Eyesnsane.  

Becky: Ok take a deep breath in and blow it out.  Okay one more time fil your lungs with air, good.

Dr. Weaver continues to examine Eyesnsane checking his reflexes and performing other tests and taking his blood pressure.  As they are wrapping up and she is returning her instruments back to her bag Ted comes out of another room.

Ted: Song is on her way her doctor so whenever you are done we don’t have to go anywhere for the time being.

Becky: Ok Ted.

Eyesnsane: So, what do you think?

Becky: I think you are physically fit and ready to go for your fight.

Eyesnsane: Good that’s just what I wanted to hear.

Becky: Can I ask you something?

Eyesnsane: Sure, you can ask.

Becky: Why did you get into wrestling?

Eyesnsane: I think it has a lot to do with my competitiveness.  Oh and I have to admit I love to travel.  I mean there’s no place like home, but to see and experience new things is pretty cool.

Becky: Ok so you are willing to take a chance on getting knocked out because you are competitive and you love to travel.

Eyesnsane: Not exactly. This thing with Jordan stopped being professional, but I’ll get into that when I shoot in a bit.

Becky: Shoot, what do you mean?

Eyesnsane: It’s a term for doing my promo or on air footage about the fight.

Becky: Oh ok got it.

Eyesnsane: Can I ask you something?

Becky: Sure.

Eyesnsane: How much do you know about the wrestling business?

Becky: Not much at all.  I’ve watched as a fan, but that’s about it.

Eyesnsane: While you were in Chicago did you ever try Harold’s?

Becky: No, what’s that?

Eyesnsane: Only the best fried chicken in the world.

Becky: Is that right?

Eyesnsane: You’ve got to try it.

There’s a knock at the door and Eyesnsane gets up and goes t the door and looks through the peep hole.  Seeing Song he opens the door to the suite allowing her to enter the room.  She comes in and stands next to the chair Eyesnsane was seated in.

Eyesnsane: You two can use the bedroom.  It’s right over there just past the balcony.

As Eyesnsane points Song and Dr. Weaver disappear into the room closing the door behind them.  Eyesnsane sits back down in the chair as Ted comes out of the other room in the suite and sits next to Eyesnsane.

Ted: What were you thinking as far as footage?

Eyesnsane: Honestly I was thinking about waiting until after lunch but since they will be a while I suppose we could do it now.

Ted: I’m games if you are.  Where at though?

Eyesnsane: I’m thinking the balcony.  It’s nice out there’s a breeze and the sun will hit the belt nicely.

Ted: Okay just give me a minute or two to set it up.

Ted grabs the camera and the tripod he had earlier and steps out onto the balcony.  Eyesnsane stands up and removes the SCW tag team title from around his waist and places it over his right shoulder.  He looks at himself in a nearby mirror for a moment and then heads toward the balcony.  Where he steps out onto the deck as Ted is making the final adjustments to the camera.

Ted: I just about got it.  Move a bit to the right, oh wait kinda lean back into the corner of the railing.

Eyesnsane: Like this yo?

Ted; Yeah that’s it you got it now as soon as you say the word.

Eyesnsane: Ok I’m ready.

Ted raises his left hand in the air with three finger up, then two, then one, and he slowly points to Eyesnsane.

(On Camera)

Eyesnsane: I’m just going to come right out and say I don’t know Ben Jordan.  I don’t know where he’s from or how things go there.  I’m going to have to just say I can’t understand his recent actions.  Don’t get me wrong I mean some of it I get.  Right I mean here you are fighting for your continued championship life one minute and then the next thing you know Jamie Dean is waking you up and your titles are gone.  I get how you must have assumed they were stole until you watched the footage.

So what Jon Dough hit you with a chair.  Better him than me because I might not have stopped.  So you cry and cry about the man changing.  You lie through your damn teeth when you say you had respect for us when that’s never been the case.  Social media’s not your friend either and here’s the part I don’t get.  See where I’m from when a guy challenges you to a fight out in the street, parking lot or where ever.  That’s a fight.  That’s what you either do or you don’t.  But what do you do?  You go running to mommy and daddy to get your permission slip signed.  You ran to the bosses and tried to make this business as usual, but this ain’t that.  

Eyesnsane stands straight up for a moment and looks at the title on his shoulder.  Then he turns and looks back at the camera.

Eyesnsane: Make no mistake about it this is a fight.  I’m going to be there to fight you.  Oh, and when you went to them and made it a match all you did was make each and everything I do to hurt you ok.  Pipe to the head, green light.  Your face through a window of a car, ok.  Mounting you and hitting you with elbow after elbow after elbow to the face.  A quick running knee to your chin.  Yes, these are all ways I can knock you out.  I’m a wrestler, and a martial artist, and I just got the green light to do whatever I want to do to you as long as I keep you conscious.  So, me beating you to a pulp and knocking you out is what must happen.  It’s what’s supposed to happen and we both know its what’s going to happen.  

Eyesnsane takes the title off his shoulder and holds it with one hand.  

Eyesnsane: The fact of the matter is this.  Ben Jordan I don’t want to drink with you.  I don’t want to be your buddy.  I don’t give a damn what you or your run off at the mouth cheerleader think about me.  The fact is that you don’t know me.  You don’t know what I’m capable of and you are so filled with self-interest you don’t even see now how everything has fallen into place just as I’ve wanted it.  Understand this for me is not about bragging rights.  It’s not about this title in my hand the same title I said I would take from you.  It’s not even about you showing me the damn respect I deserve.

No, this thing we are about to do is me putting you through so much mind numbing pain that your mother feels it.  This is about me picking you apart piece by piece until I have you begging me to knock you out.  Oh, I know who you are, I know you’re pissed off.  I know you want to knock my head right off the planet, and we both know people in hell want ice water but not everybody gets what they want!  You’re going to pay now.  You shoot your mouth off so damn much that it’s come time for me to knock you down another peg and snap you back to reality.

Eyesnsane wraps the title around his waist and fastens it before spinning it around to face front.

Eyesnsane: I know more than a thing or two about fighting and I’m going to show you first hand.  You could have kept tis professional, but I see now all too well you are an impudent child and must dealt with as one should be.  You’ve placed your hand on a hot stove one time too many.  You’ve disrespected me and underestimated me one time to many.  When it over, when for the second time in two fights with me they are waking you up after I get my hands on you.  Know that this is what you pushed me to.  Know that you and you alone are the cause of what’s going to happen.  Maybe I finish what I started with that leg huh? Give you some more time off to throw those parties.  I was done taking your shit when I took your title.  Now the only reason I’m doing this is to add insult to injury.  I have every intention of kicking you while you are down.  Ben Jordan, I’m coming for you and you are going to experience new pain and when this night is over and they are dragging you out of the building I want you just to remember that I and I alone did this to you.  Tick toc Benji!

(Off Camera)

Eyesnsane looks toward the door of the balcony and sees Song and Dr. Weaver standing there looking at him.

Ted: Got it.  Not bad

Eyesnsane: Think you could do better?

Ted: Probably not.

Ted takes the camera and tripod inside going past Song who follows him as Dr. Weaver steps out on the balcony with Eyesnsane.

Eyesnsane: How much of that did you see?

Becky: Enough.  I mean seeing it on TV is one thing but seeing it done and to watch you just do it like that.

Eyesnsane: Sometimes certain things just bring out certain feelings and I guess it just flows.

Becky: Seems like you were upset.  Oh, wait.

She begins taking his pulse by grabbing his wrist and looking at her watch.

Becky: Yes your heart rate is elevated.  You even feel warmer.

Eyesnsane: Well I’ve been standing in the sun for a while too.  Don’t forget that.

Becky: True.

Eyesnsane: Besides I’m getting better about drinking more water, and slightly less whiskey, which often leads to more wine, but I like red wine and they say that’s the kind that’s good for you so there you go.

Becky: Well that can be true they are still researching that and of course that’s also drinking the wine in moderation.

Eyesnsane: Awe yeah moderation is stopping just before you pass out.

Becky: Not exactly.

Eyesnsane: I’m joking.

Becky: I hope so.

Song sticks her head through the door to the balcony,

Song: You guys about ready because I’m hungry?

Eyesnsane: Yeah were coming.

Eyesnsane turns and looks at the doctor as Song’s head goes back inside of the room.

Eyesnsane: I’d have to agree about being hungry.  I’ve not eaten yet just had some juice earlier.

Becky: Nerves?

Eyesnsane: Hell, no, here look at what I used to do before here.

He takes his phone out of his pocket and shows her.

My Webpage

Eyesnsane: So it’s going to be like that.  I’m going to just come at him like you just saw and he’s going to know what it is to be in a real  fight.