Author Topic: Jon Dough's Intervention  (Read 238 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Jon Dough's Intervention
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »
 Oct. 13 2016
Chicago, Illinois
Camelot Tower

Click clack click clack is the sound her high heels make as they tap against the marble floor of her office. Those heels are black in coordination with Alana's business attire. A grey skirt that is slightly form fitting with a black belt around her waist. With a white shirt tucked neatly into the top of the belt with her shoulder length hair down to the back and just over her shoulders. Jon Dough has just stepped into the office as the door closes behind him. Alana meets him in the foyer area of her office. With a choice to be made between left and right, Alana guides Jon to the right as they head for her office.

A blue and black centered 2010 Camaro pulls into a space in the parking area with the number four on it. Once in park the driver's side door opens the driver Eyesnsane leans over toward the passenger side of the vehicle for a moment before stepping out of the car and as he stands behind the door of the car. Eyesnsane can be seen standing there adjusting something around his waist. Then he leans inside the car once more he places a tag title over his left shoulder and closes the car door revealing that his suit is black and that he has a title around his waist. He heads toward a nearby elevator and enters

Alana: Come on over this way Jon.

Jon: Alright.

Alana: By the way you've won. You made it here before the others.

Jon: Others? I thought it was just going to be us and Eyesnsane.

Alana: Orchid is coming also; she has a few things on her mind. Things you've said in particular.

Jon: What?

Alana: I'll wait and besides (She turns and waves her index finger in a slow no way from side to side.) do I look like Orchid to you?

Jon: Not in the least.

She turns and walks away from him. The elevator slows and comes to a stop and as the doors open Orchid turns around wearing a Chicago Cubs t-shirt and blue jeans. With her title around her waist. She steps onto the elevator and stands next to Eyesnsane.

Eyesnsane: Hey there champ.

Orchid: Back at cha.

Eyesnsane: What bad influences have you been hanging out with?

Orchid: Do you really carry those everywhere you go?

Eyesnsane: Do you?

Orchid: Maybe.

Eyesnsane: Uh huh. Look there's a reason why I do what I do always.

Orchid: Now what's that supposed to mean?

Eyesnsane: Perhaps you'll find out soon enough. Nice shirt by the way?

Orchid: Did you see the game?

Eyesnsane: Does a blind man want to see? Oh excuse me a moment.

Eyesnsane leans forward and places his thumb on a small green square for a moment. Suddenly a third row of numbers lights up where there were just none. Eyesnsane then presses a number and they all stop glowing and disappear.

Orchid: Smart elevator?

Eyesnsane: Smart enough. You know I just want to say I've missed having you around. I'm going to have to try and get out that way more often.

Orchid: That would be nice.

The door to the elevator opens as they turn and look at Alana and Jon. Orchid is met by Alana with a hug as Eyesnsane stands next to them looking at Jon.

Eyesnsane: What no hug for me? Don't love me anymore Johnny?

Both women and Eyesnsane laugh a bit. Alana moves back and behind her desk taking a seat in a black leather chair. Eyesnsane walks over to her and hands her the tag team title that was on his shoulder and then walks over to the window and looks out at the city.

Eyesnsane: There are four of us in this room. Three of us have titles granted they are not SCW titles but look at what we accomplished and do you know why? You can never forget this is a business you are your brand man.

Jon looks at Eyesnsane and takes in what he has just said, He looks at their titles Alana then Eyesnsane and finally at Orchid.

Orchid: You know back when I was in SCW you were a two time SCW tag team champion and I'm sure you would like to be a three time champion.

Jon Dough just sort of shrugs his shoulders a bit while admitting that he would not mind being a three time tag team champion.

Orchid: I have come here to address an issue with you and that is the way you've been talking on camera lately. You've been saying things especially about the business that are best left just between us and when we are not on camera or when Ted is around recording footage.

Orchid moves to the front of the desk next to Jon and she leans back on the desk slightly. Jon looks up at Alana and Alana looks down and tries to prevent herself from laughing. While still looking out the window...

Eyesnsane: Look personally I find your antics to be funny. But you have to wrap your mind around the fact that there is a time and a place. I mean bro these SCW tag team titles have to be around our waists one way or another. I mean you shot off at the mouth and we had like almost a month off.

Jon looks at Orchid and then looks at Ted then looks back at Orchid and Orchid hits him on the head.

Orchid: What I don't find funny is you going on camera and going out of your way to piss off the owners of this company. A company that you got us all to join.

Eyesnsane: Wait does that mean you are coming back?

Orchid: It's not about me right now it's about you. It's about what you all do and don't do on SCW.

Eyesnsane: I have to say one thing though. He's right when it comes to July. I've not really spoken on it because it’s done and over with now. There are no time machines to go back and undo what was done.

Alana: One thing is for sure the longer you stay in this business the greater your chances are of having one of those matches.

Jon: I...

Orchid: Shut it, you have nothing to say in this matter. All you need to do is focus on your next match whenever that is.

Alana: Jon, there’s been two SCW bookings and no Elders were booked, maybe you did piss them off.

Orchid: I'm sure it was to give you three and Song some time off and nothing more.

Eyesnsane: I don't need a day off when I'm handing out Elbows to the Face.

Jon: Hey has...

Orchid raises her right hand back pimp slaps Jon

Orchid: Shut it, you have nothing to say in this matter.

Alana turns over to look at Eyesnsane who is still looking out the window. Eyesnsane shrugs as Alana looks back at Orchid and Jon Dough.

Eyesnsane: I don’t have much to add.  I can’t say I’m mad at Jon.  He has every right to feel how he does.  However it would be prudent if certain things were not said on a hot mic.  That’s just the nature of this thing.  Sure the time off has helped me in other areas sure.  On the other hand SCW is new to me and I’ll save my judgment on the company for another time yet.  Maybe the powers that be gave two hot tag teams time off to rest and then again maybe they sent a message by booking us the way they have.  I really don’t know Underwood or Ward like that so who’s to say?

Orchid: Look maybe one or both Elder teams will get booked at Climax Control 162, but until then keep training and remember to keep the big picture in mind as well.  We didn’t all go out into different companies and capture titles for you to sit here and act this way.

Eyesnsane: This elevator is going to be us Johnny.

The elevator opens up again and Eyesnsane and Jon Dough step into the elevator and stand next to each other as the doors close.  Jon looks at Eyesnsane and then takes his mask off.

Matt: So I get the feeling that I missed some parts of that meeting.

Eyesnsane: Just the boring ones I suppose.

Matt: When Orchid was standing there in front of me while I was sitting next to that desk I did not get the feeling that what happened was boring.

Eyesnsane: You know what I like about you?

Matt: No honestly.

Eyesnsane: I like the fact that you can have yourself a drink.

Matt: Hold on I have not eaten today.

Eyesnsane: Are you sure?

Matt looks at Eyesnsane for a moment.
Matt: Are you saying Jon just got done eating?

Eyesnsane: Are you saying that if Jon and I were at IHOP this morning you have no idea we were let alone how much he ate?

Matt: Whenever he’s out I’m pretty much asleep, other than that all I know is that I’m hungry.

Matt then reaches into his pocket and puts the mask back on.

Eyesnsane: And here’s Johnny!

Jon: Hey man all that talk back there.

Eyesnsane: I ain’t trippin man.  I get it.  I pretty much think I get you.  Like I said I’ve not been happy about some things.  I think we were screwed in July.  Not to mention I think we’ve been held back in our wins.  Maybe I come off a bit brash myself but let’s face facts.  We beat every team SCW has to offer.  Then again look at how with DDT’s no less.  I can maybe see your logic in that we were never set up to go over here.  Then again the tag team division is so small in SCW on the men’s side that I also feel like we can just sit back and wait.  What are they going to do have us tear through the Surf Boys or Elders v Monstimals, again?

Jon: I see where you are coming from but it pisses me off.

Eyesnsane: And it damn well should.  Hell I can’t even believe that Alana and Song lost but that’s their battle to fight.  The point is that I’ve yet to be in a company where I agreed with everything that went down.  I’ve yet to be in a company that did not sort of have those couple of folks that are favorites of owners.  The thing is at least to me is to just say fuck that.  I know what kind of fighter I am and I damn well know what kind of fighters both of you are.  We just got to put ourselves over that’s it, that’s all.

Jon: I suppose you’re right.

Eyesnsane: I have to be.  You became tag team champion with two random guys they paired you with.  Certainly not an easy thing to do.  So it stands to reason that it is going to be easy for us to win and keep those titles.  There is just one more thing though.

Jon: What’s that?

Eyesnsane: When those cameras turn on and start rolling I’m going to need you to remember that they want me to play the cold and callus prick of our team while you make the jokes.  I think we’ve kind of strayed from that formula a bit recently.  I mean I was sure they were going to want me to play a face but eh what do I know?  Oh yeah I do know this place called Harold’s chicken shack that’s not too far from here.  I know that’s what I want to eat.

Oct. 19 2016
Chicago, IL

Jon Dough is standing next to a limo and opens the door revealing Eyesnsane already seated in the limo.  Jon gets in and sits next to his partner in the back of the vehicle.

Eyesnsane: Well I guess we are going to the airport.  Where are you off to?

Jon: I’m not too sure I have to make a call or two but I’m sure it will be the west coast.

As the door to the limo closes a screen lowers from the ceiling in front of them.  After a brief pause and sound of static Alana appears on the screen.

Alana: Gentlemen you have been booked in a tag team title match.  You two know the opponents well enough at this point.  I’ve already made arrangements for you two to be flown out to Seattle.  The show however will be in San Bernardino.  We have a surprise planned which is why you all are coming to Seattle first.  No worries I have everything set and you will be in Cali with enough time to get a good workout or two in.  Stay in the car and out of trouble will you and we will see you guys in a few hours.

The screen slowly moves back into the ceiling as the limo begins rolling.

Jon: Ok maybe I did piss the owners off.

Eyesnsane: What makes you say that?  Could it be that after being off for a couple of weeks they just expect us to show up and deliver a pay per view type match for the tag team titles with no build, lead in, or work.  Could it be that after a loss to this very same team the first time back out is against the only team we’ve not been allowed to beat?

Jon: You do know we are off camera right?

Eyesnsane: Of course I do, but like I said I hear you.  Hell why do you think I don’t stop you?

Jon: Well it is another chance to take the gold.

Eyesnsane: Nah kid this is what’s called a punishment match. The owners just want us to get worked over by the champs so they can be hyped up a bit.  They will probably defend against the Lord Raab and Sam at the Pay per view as well.

Jon: Hey man you are talking like we already lost.

Eyesnsane: The show is just a few days away and while we will get to workout I feel as though there will not really even be a walk through with the BJ’ers this time around.  We will get to the gorilla and they will tell us how long to look good for before we go down.

Jon: Can I ask you something aside from all that for a minute?

Eyesnsane: You can ask.

Jon: You chose Alana to work with you in FWA and seeing as how we are a team I just wondered why?

Eyesnsane: There were really only two things it boiled down to.  First I don’t think you would like it there at all.  Or at least the politics and with the way things have been going and what you have been saying about SCW I thought it would be best not to involve you.  You see I’ve seen guys pop off like you have over there and let’s just say it gets taken personally.  I’m not sure by who or how many but I’ve seen guys get buried over and over again until their contract runs out or they quit whichever comes first.

Second is because Alana has been there and has history there and because it’s just a part time thing.  Me winning the tag team titles was not apart of their plans.  Me being better than my opponent was a forgone conclusion but I don’t think they pay as much attention there to booking beyond the main event.  So in doing what I as a professional is supposed to go out there and do.

Jon: You pretty much gave management the middle finger.

Eyesnsane: More or less Jon.  You see there’s more than one way to be a pain in the ass.  Now they have to eat the fact that after all these years they put themselves in a position where I and I alone are the tag team champions.  I rub it in and they eat it up because at the end of the day they did it.  Also they hated on Alana in my view.  They let men and women fight each other over there and they have always given Alana the hardest time about her wanting to go after other titles.  Telling her shit like she should win the women’s title again before they push her when other women in that company win the women’s title and go straight to competing for the world title.

Jon: So another big fuck you to management.

Eyesnsane: Yes and at the end of the day.

Jon: They did it to themselves.

Eyesnsane: I just had enough sense to let other walk ahead of me through the mine field and that is how you don’t get blown up.  Oh and the short answer is that me picking Alana was a business decision and not personal.  On second thought picking her was personal and a good business decision.

(On Camera)

Seattle, WA.
Swedish Cancer Institute…
Conference room A

The director of the institute is standing at the podium and introduces The Elders from SCW.  Lead out onto the stage by Alana is Song and Orchid followed by Blasted Monk and then come Eyesnsane and Jon Dough who is also wearing a pink mask.  All of the Elders members are wearing blue jeans white sneakers and Pink t-shirts that have SCW on the front of them.  Alana steps up to the podium and shanks the hand of the director as the others stand side by side just behind Alana.  Once the director leaves Alana steps up to the microphone.

Alana: It’s been great spending time here today on behalf of SCW.  We are glad to have had the chance to meet some really great and strong people of all ages here.  I know what it is to loose somebody because of cancer.  I’ve seen first hand what that fight is like and what it does to a person who has to fight it.  Don’t get me wrong I am not making light of any one person’s situation.  However I am saying that I can understand both the fight and the loss that at times comes with the fight.  I want to thank the Swedish Cancer Institute for allowing us all the privilege of being here today.  

Now as some of you may know we are the Elders we all work for Master Wong and it’s because of him that we are all in SCW and in wrestling for that fact.  We all talked about how we can help in the fight against cancer and this visit is what we came up with.  A couple of these knuckle heads behind me won’t tell you like Song or Eyesnsane, but they really do have some of the biggest hearts I know.  We know that spending time reading stories and signing autographs and just hanging out can be a moment of help but we wanted to do more.  So our dojo back in China spent June, July and September raising money for a donation to aide in the fight against cancer and the students were able to raise nearly five hundred thousand dollars, and Master Wong not only matched it but surpassed it and we are donation two million dollars toward the fight against cancer.

She smiles as only Alana can as the crowded room of visitors, staff, patients and doctors all loudly cheer and clap.  The Elders on stage all wave and clap along with the crowd.  The Institute director comes back to Alana and they shake hands again just before they all exit the stage through a door that leads back to the main hallway.

Jon starts to walk down the hallway and noticing him, Eyesnsane follows him.  Jon stops just outside a door and stares inside for a moment before going in.  As Eyesnsane turns the corner he sees a child that can be no more than eight lying in the bed.  There are IV’s and tubes and wires all around the child and his mother at his side is clutching his hand as if at any moment  he could be snatched away.  Her eyes were puffy and red you could tell she had been sobbing.  Jon looks at the mom as the takes the empty seat next to the child’s bed across from her while Eyesnsane leans on the frame of the door with his arms folded in front of him and looks on although the expression on his face is tell even for a guy who usually shows little emotion.  As soon as the kid opens his eyes he lights up like its Christmas he even shot up with his arms flailing about…

Kid: Mom, its Jon Dough!

She tries her best to manage a smile at the two men.

Jon: Well you know my name, what’s yours?

Kid: My name’s Tyson.

Eyesnsane slide while leaning against the wall but catches himself before falling down making some degree of noise.  Seeing him Tyson looks at Eyesnsane and hits his elbow with his open hand and says…

Tyson: Elbows to the face!

Mom: Tyson!

Eyesnsane actually smiles very briefly and goes back to looking serious.  

Jon: its fine it kind of this thing that he does.

Tyson: Yeah he always hits somebody with an elbow to the face.  They’re the Elders mom.

Jon: Yes we are.

Tyson: And there going to win the tag team titles mom, right Jon!?

Jon turns to look at Eyesnsane as he shakes his head and walks out the room. Jon turns to look at Tyson who has his eyes wide open with excitement. Waiting for Jon Dough to say yes. Jon looks at Tyson mom; she turns to look at her son. Jon does the same.

Jon: The elders will try Tyson. I can’t promise you that we will win but there is something I can promise you.

Tyson: What’s that?

Jon: The Elders and Team BJ will go out there and give every SCW fan one heck of a show.

Tyson: Yea there cool too, I like team BJ but The Elders are the BEST!!!

Mom: Ok Tyson, I’m sure Jon is busy, plus we need to go now

Tyson: Ok mom, By Jon to Eyes I said to give them Elbows to the Face!!

Jon: You bet I will Tyson, and thank you one day when you’re older you will look back at this moment and realized you helped me open my eyes.

Tyson: You got it champ, let’s go mom Jon is a busy guy you know.

Jon and his mom chuckle. Tyson and his mom start to walk away as Jon turns to address the camera for the first time.

Jon: You know sometimes you forget what it was that brought you to the dance floor. You see SCW I find myself in a pickle. The kids is what I always been about. Then I got teamed with Eyesnsane and I saw how the 18-35 year old demographic toke a liking to him and I wanted a piece of that. You see they look at wrestling a bit different then the rest of the fans.

Trying to please a different group of audience is were Jon Dough went wrong. You see I want nothing more then to please every fan, but then something hit me. For every, one new fan I gained I ended up pissing off 100 already Jon Dough fans.

That said I want to say that I’m sorry for that, you see it was never about the titles, I mean yes if I were to win them I would be in a class of a few that has been able to hold any one title three times. Who wouldn’t want to be in a class like that? But the truth is, it’s always been about having fun. I guess maybe I stopped having that fun after Team BJ and the Elders main evented CC153.

I been saying I was robbed that day and well sorry I was, not one fan will make me change how I feel about that but I set back and watch footage and maybe there were mistakes Team BJ made and the Elders were not able to capitalize on. The elders made one mistakes and if was just one that Team BJ was able to capitalize on which score them the win. Part of me knows this but a part of me still says we got robbed by the ref.

Since then I may had said a few things that I should not had said. I want to make one thing clear, I only feel have a sore taste in my mouth over that one match. SCW has been in business for 5 years now. This upcoming show is 5 years and 1 week in the making for CC1. I have been with SCW for about 2 years in that time. I take issue with one match and I went berserk, who am I to decide what is best for business, who am I to go after the bosses. Many wrestling companies open up every week and close a few weeks later. Yet SCW is 5 years strong, who am I to question Mr. Ward and Mr. Underwood’s logic on what is best for SCW.

I am the sole reason why the Elders have not been around providing the fans entertainment in between matches. I figured that if we can’t win why would the fans want to see us for. I question a few things SCW does but it was never the results to a match, when it did become a result of a match I should have went to the bosses and kindly ask them why did the ref make a fast count on one of the biggest matches of the summer, instead I acted like a jack ass and started to have fun blasting anyone or anything I felt like blasting for my own entertainment. That is who Jon Dough is thou. I have fun and I do it by any means. But when the fans are not having fun with me then, well its no longer fun and I need to rethink things.  

I get to start having fun again this Sunday at CC 162. Sure I could have sat here and hyped up the match to help sell more tickets. I also feel that SCW should have allowed Team BJ and the Elders more time to help in that process. Five days advance with no build up to the match is like SCW telling Jon Dough, “Here takes your rematch and shut the heck up already. You couldn’t beat them before and you won’t beat them this time around. So take this lose and shut up.”

Jon shakes his head

Jon: Not saying that they are thinking this way but this is how it comes off to Jon Dough. That is not fair to the fans. I feel that this is punishment to the Elders, not because we have no chance in winning but because we were not giving the time to build to this match. Team BJ vs. The Elders will always be a PPV worthy match and I had wished that SCW would had giving us other teams to fight while we work are way back to being number one contenders. But hey this is my fault. I will take that punishment and I will learn from this mistake, as I find that the worse way you can punish Jon Dough is by putting him in matches in which he was not able to speak on before hand. That is not fun for me and I miss having fun in SCW.

So with that said, the Elders will go out there and do there jobs. I just hope that next time we can get a better build, don’t take it out on the fans, they deserve the build ups we provide them to make them want to buy tickets. Take a few weeks back when Team BJ meant with us, Lord Raab, Sam, and The Surf Boys. That was a perfect way to build up to the PPV match we had. That is what I want; I want to be able to build the hype that comes with the match not just the match itself.

To take that from me was a slap in the face and the wake up call I needed from SCW. Look to everyone in staff, the fans, and to both the Bombshells and Male stars, Jon Dough is going to piss you guys off from time to time. Just understand this, Jon Dough is a fan before he is a wrestler and therefore I may shoot off the mouth. That doesn’t make me less of a fan just means I'm very passionate about SCW as a whole.

To show the world how I little I care about the titles vs. how much I care about being a part of SCW. I have used up all the air time I could to address the fans rather then sell the match. I want you all to know that this Sunday will be like any other time The Elders have faced Team BJ. It will be a fight to the end. The fans will be on there seats as they clinch on to every move we do as they wait to see which team can score the 3rd and final victory to be the SCW tag team champions.

That’s right you heard it come out of Jon Dough’s mouth, Neither team will get two scores in a row, this is to even of a match up the first two scores is going to be the hype build up to what will be a epic ending. The truth is Team BJ may just be the better team but at any given Sunday even the best teams lose. Rather that happens this Sunday or not is what Jon dough the fan get to see, Jon Dough the wrestler will do want the rest of the fans always want me to do. Give them one hell of a show and prove to everyone why I feel The Elders are still the future of SCW.
user posted image