Author Topic: Houston, we have a problem!  (Read 314 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Houston, we have a problem!
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
 "Now how's that for a unique title for a promo? See what we did there? Huh? We used the surname of Despayre's opponent and a line from Apollo 13 to... well if I have to explain it then it's probably lost on you already. Now we could have named This promo in another in our flashback 'Thru the Looking Glass' series, and we do have flashbacks, but I convinced my best buddy Despy that for This opponent, we should go with something with a little more oomph."

The Vancouver International Airport, located on Sea Island in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, was just beginning to show signs of what the day would bring in regards to activity from travelers, venturing both into British Columbia, as well as natives venturing out into the world as part of their own travel adventures. For two, however, This early morning near the hour of six am, was about anything but mere travels or vacations. For both, it was about the start of a whole new life.

Joshua Young, now known in later years as Despayre in wrestling circles, stood huddled tightly against the tall mountain of a man beside him, Synn, unknowingly seeking the shelter and security of the one who in just a scant few years, would be revealed to be his own flesh and blood; his father. This was not a fact that Synn as yet had confided to the seventeen year old beside him. If you knew and had asked him, at the time he had little to no intention of revealing This secret. Yet it would seem that destiny was not his to pick and choose to do with as he might. Years later the fact would rear its head in a moment of heated exchange, and despite Synn's own growing fears, nothing would come of it. Nothing save for the love and adoration of a son for his father. Even before the fact came to light, Joshua grew to love This man, and why not? He managed to do what no other had ever been able to over the years, and that was rescue him from 'the bad place' as the radically violent institution of Broodmoore came to be known. For many years Joshua spent in those dark and frightening halls of one of Canada's most controversial psychiatric facilities, where their so-called 'revolutionary' forms of care caused him far more harm than good, and for a time, reduced him more to animal than it did man. When Synn first set foot into that visiting room, it tore away at him to see the then-sixteen year old in such a dangerously feral state of mind and being. from that very moment, Synn swore he would get the boy out of there, and as many came to know through the years of knowing him, Synn came through on his promises -- by hook or by crook.

"Joshua?" Synn's deep, baritone of a voice drew Joshua's attention to him. The teenager looked over and 'up' to the much larger man who simply looked down at him in apparent concern. "Are you alright?"

Joshua turned back away from Synn and looked out through the large, glass windows in the boarding area, gazing out at the jets as they pulled up to the runways for boarding. His gray eyes then shifted to another that was racing down the path, lurching upward where it took off into the sky. Joshua swallowed -- hard -- and Synn could see the fear in his tender eyes.

"I thought you were kidding." Joshua croaked, taking a deep breath.

"Kidding?" Synn frowned. "About what? Flying?"

Joshua nodded, his eyes never leaving the jet that had now pulled up to where he and Synn, and others that were slowly arriving into the boarding area around them. In mere minutes, thirty at the most, he would be on that metal monstrosity, taking off into the sky just like a bird.

Synn asked, "Well how else did you think we were going to get from Vancouver to the United States?"

"Driving?" Joshua shifted his head just enough so that Synn could see the hopeful expression on his face.

"From British Columbia to Louisiana?" Synn smiled, placing a hopefully reassuring hand on the lad's slim shoulder, only to have it shrugged off right away. Synn exhaled through his nose. It was still far too soon between them for such levels of physical familiarity. Joshua simply did not like or appreciate being touched -- any anyone. Synn went on by saying, "That's almost twenty five hundred miles, Joshua."

Joshua's eyes went straight to Synn's at that bit of knowledge, his eyes widening. Synn had learned over his many visitations that it did not matter the topic or whether it was serious or no. Joshua enjoyed learning new nuggets of information.

Synn went on, "That could take up to two days to drive, depending on stops."

"Oh." The young teen turned back to stare at the jet, his hands lightly touching the glass, flexing his fingers. "How long will it take to fly?"

"About seven hours." Synn answered. "Maybe less." He leaned his head in inquiringly, looking for a response or reaction, but none were forthcoming. If truth were to be told, Synn probably would have rather driven Joshua from his native Canada into the States where he would make his new home. He already quickly discovered that Joshua quite enjoyed riding in a car and watching as all of the sights passed him by, seeing new things and stopping perhaps at a tourist trap or two. See the Amazing Thing! Visit the Giant Ball of String! Those sort of places. This time, however, Synn wanted to get him out of Canada and to his new home as quickly as possible. Flight was the only option.

Synn took a step closer to the glass pane, and thus a step closer to the teenager who was growing increasingly uncomfortable at the growing number of people weaving their way around the seating area. He said, "You understand that flying is statistically safer than driving?"

Joshua took that bit of news in for process, but his brow knitted into a frown and he shook his head. "How is that possible?" He asked the adult. "When was the last time a car fell thirty thousand miles in the sky?" And to that, Synn could only be given pause in how to answer. This was perhaps the first instance where Synn would discover his son's own unique brand of wit. However, before he could respond in kind, another voice cut him off and spoke across the sound system of the airport terminal.

"Flight 620 to New Orleans, Louisiana, United States, now boarding. All First Class passengers, please line up at Gate 11C."

"Well," Synn started to speak to draw Joshua's attention. He reached down and grasped the handle of his carry on and tugged it upright to be wheeled aboard. "That's us."

"Oh..." Despayre frowned, and his nerves were truly starting to show. Blindly, he reached for his own luggage, purchased for him just yesterday evening by Synn as yet another additional gift that he was becoming accustomed to. Although his luggage contained a lot less, save for a few new additions to his already limited wardrobe -- more gifts as it were. Cradling the bag to his upper body rather than carry it, he started forward, guided by Synn toward the line, when he simply froze.

Synn turned to him and frowned, "Joshua?" It was then that Synn could see that the young man was starting to draw in rapid breaths, as though perhaps he were threatening to hyperventilate. He recognized the signs of a panic attack threatening to come to fruition. Synn knew that the idea of flying was foreign to Joshua, perhaps even scary. He just had not considered just how frightening it would be, an alien concept to the sheltered teen.

"I can't." Joshua started to cry as his fears were starting to overwhelm him. He had never before been in an airport, let alone on a jet. Whatever tales or subconscious fears he had about flying were firmly cemented in his brain. His eyes quickly turned to Synn, expecting an angered response or reaction, but found neither. Synn simply watched him, the concern obvious on his face. That being said, Joshua shook his head and soon his cheeks were wet with tears, drawing both curios and critical stares from others nearby.  "Please... don't be mad?" He swallowed. "Don't make me..."

Synn dropped his luggage to the floor, all but forgotten and any of those previously mentioned stares were ignored. He had no time for those who passed the idle moment by making another's business their own. Instead, Synn leaned down to his knees in front of the boy and cupped his shoulders in his hands, and for the first time in memory, Joshua did not flinch nor did he pull away.

"Listen to me." Joshua closed his eyes, fearing a possible dressing down from this man who had fast become a hero-of-sorts for the teenager, but Synn gave him a light shake of the shoulders to prompt him to open his eyes and look down into Synn's own. "Listen to me very carefully." Synn said smoothly, his voice one that would brook nothing less. "I am most definitely not mad at you." He leaned his head over as Joshua turned his face away, unsure of himself, but not being able to shield himself from Synn. Synn continued, "I understand, believe me. Fears are very hard things to overcome. Perhaps this is just not the right time to attempt to overcome this one in particular."

At these words, Joshua turned again to look at his, the tears pooling in the cleft of his chin while the remnants of the dried tears stained his fair cheeks. Synn went on, "I am not going to force you into doing this until you are ready."

"Really?"

"Really."

"But..." Joshua glanced up and for the first time, noticed that some nearby were indeed glancing at the pair, and he shielded his eyes once again. Noting this, a hard glare from Synn was more than enough to give those looky loos reason to find something to attract their attention elsewhere. Once that moment was passed, Joshua finally finished his thought and asked, "... how will we get to your home?"

"Well," Synn sighed, already resigning himself for what was to come. "You prefer driving, right?"

"Well not me, myself." Joshua spoke meekly. "I can't drive. But ... yeah?"

"Well then." Synn stood up, picking his luggage up once again. "Then that is just what we are going to do." And once that was spoken aloud, Synn guided the now more calm Joshua Young back away from the Gate and their flight, and started to lead the boy back towards the airport's vast interior to make good on his promise. And this, ladies and gentlemen, was the first in many instances of the joking, yet accurate, example of 'Whatever Despy wants, Despy gets.'

Vancouver International Airport

As the passengers exited the jet and set foot inside of the airport, ready to continue their journeys and adventures, three notable figures emerged among the first to exit, having been riding in First Class. SCW Superstar and resident loveable little nut, Despayre cuddled Angel in one arm while pulling his carry on along behind him with his other, allowing himself to be guided by the hand of his bestest friend and proverbial 'big brother' former two-time World Champion, Hall of Famer, and all around A-Okay buddy, Gabriel. The sleep induced upon him thanks to his prescribed medication to allow him to sleep on flights had not worn off when they landed. It took Synn, the third man out, and Gabriel together to gather the little fella up and get him off of the jet, along with Angel, so that they could begin the first trek of this, the SCW's very first tour of Canada. The first stop? Despayre's very own Canadian hometown of Vancouver, given that he possessed dual citizenship. Synn was along for the ride by proxy, and Gabriel?

Well given he had trained the soon-to-be debuting Evie Baang, he had his own motives for being in Vancouver for this particular show, but there was indeed more to his personal appearance than for professional courtesy. Synn had asked him to come along for personal reasons. Reasons that had yet to be fully explained to either Despayre or himself. Despayre was simply giddy at having Gabriel there for what would most assuredly be an impressive win over the likes of Caleb Houston (Angel said so!). Knowing Synn would explain in his own time, Gabriel simply went along with it as the trio headed down to retrieve their luggage, taking care not to allow Despayre anywhere near the carousel that he so loved taking joy rides upon.

Once they had managed to find their way down to the luggage pick up, and once Synn had found a vendor to buy Despayre a much needed Coke (Cherry to all you Despy n00bs!), Gabriel ventured off to get a luggage trolley, leaving father and son alone as they grabbed at their luggage sporadically while the caffeinated drink worked its magic on the still sleepy Despayre.

"You weren't honest, you know."

Had Synn not been paying attention, he perhaps would not have heard the words, let alone realized that they came from his very own son. Words that baffled him, wondering where on earth they came from, let alone why they would find their way into the mind of his son. With a frown on his face, Synn turned to look down at Despayre who had sat himself cross legged on the floor of the airport, Angel in his lap, while Synn took on the task of locating their respective luggage. Luggage that had just now by-passed them due to Synn's mind now being distracted.

"Where did this come from, Joshua?" Synn shook his head. "When have I ever not been completely honest with you?"

Despayre answered, "Years ago when you promised that I'd never have to come here again." He glanced up to his father and Synn could see the sleep still there, so perhaps that state was what helped such words be spoken aloud. Despayre continued, taking a deep drink of his Coke, then covering his arm to belch softly. "Scuse me. Remember? You told me when we left Canada the very first time. You said that we'd never have to come anywhere near the bad place ever again."

Spotting Gabriel's luggage coming, Synn reached for it to pull it toward him while he said, "Joshua, this is hardly the first time we've come to Vancouver. We came to visit your mother and grandmother when we were in the area."

"That's different." Despayre declared. "That's Mom and Grandma. It wasn't wrestling related."

Synn, taking up this gauntlet playfully, countered, "Joshua, you yourself asked for a match as soon as you could have one. The show just so happened to be in Vancouver."

"Oh sure." Despayre huffed -- well, as best as he was able to huff. "You're just full of the facts today, aren't you?"

Synn smiled, all too familiar with the subconscious reasons why his son held such contempt for being in the city of Vancouver. Now that his mother and grandmother had relocated to Las Vegas to be near him, he had the hopeful outlook that never again would he need to venture to this city. It was simply by chance that the booking for his match against Caleb Houston brought him right straight back to where it all begun.

"I understand why you're uncomfortable here, Joshua. Believe me." A soothing hand on his son's back helped to settle the nerves the young man felt arise once he set foot off of that jet and into this uncomfortable yet familiar territory. Synn continued, "And trust me when I say that the only reason you are even here is because of your match."

By now, Gabriel had arrived with the luggage carousel and he and Synn started to pile the suitcases and such atop of it for easier carrying. Synn set one suitcase down and his eyes went to Gabriel himself while he said, "You know by now that Broodm..."

"The bad place." Despayre interrupted his father, preferring not to even hear the mentioning of the name of the facility he spent so many waking hours within, a virtual prisoner and guinea pig for the doctors and their so-called expert treatments.

"The bad place." Synn conceded with a nod. "It is no longer a concern of yours, for more reasons than one. It is another reason why we are here, and a reason why Gabriel is here." Synn's eyes went to the magician and 'Sin of Greed'. "I wanted him to share in this news."

"What ... news?" Gabriel cocked his head to the side, a curios expression on his otherwise handsome face. "What exactly are you up to?"

"This is really your home?" Joshua asked in a breathless whisper, as he turned his head in every possible direction, taking in every sight in this estate secluded away from random eyes in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans. Actually compromised of two connected buildings with a courtyard that featured a swimming pool to escape the scorching summers Louisiana was known for, it was a home of simplicity yet luxurious. It was perfect for a young teenager just about to take his first step into the real world in what would be an eternity to his tender years.

"It's one of them." Synn answered as he took the bag from Joshua's grasp and set it aside. "I also have a home in New York."

"Is it as nice as this one?"

"You think its nice?"

Joshua could only nod, his eyes still taking in, well, everything. Having him speak so well of his new yet strange surroundings lifted a weight from Synn's shoulders that he had been unaware of even experiencing. Satisfied, and perhaps a bit proud, Synn smiled and answered, "Although I think the place in New York is nice, I prefer this one. I enjoy the atmosphere of New Orleans."

Joshua finally was able to tear his eyes from the patio door where the pool had become visible to his astonished eyes, and Joshua asked, "Can we see your place in New York sometime?"

"In time." Synn nodded. "I'd just prefer you get used to things here before we take that next step. Alright?"

"Alright." Joshua nodded, and Synn spoke while he reached to scoop up his son's baggage.

"Now, I know you're hungry. I can hear your stomach growl from here." Admittedly, Synn enjoyed the teasing of his flesh and blood, almost as much as he enjoyed the faint flush of color to Joshua's cheeks as he subconsciously grabbed at his stomach. Synn went on, "I'll order us some dinner, but first I am going to help you get settled in your room..."

"I get my own room!?" Joshua's eyes practically lit up the entire room at this welcome bit of news.

Synn chuckled at his son's awe struck response as he guided him up the spiral staircase of the authentic homestead, "That you do. Above all else, I want you to have a home."

"I know this place..." Despayre murmured as the silver Gen 6 Camaro sped down the more secluded of roads in Vancouver, away from the bustling sights and sounds of the city itself. Seated in the front passenger side, Despayre's eyes were staring with dread out of his window, while in the rear seat, Gabriel watched with obvious concern towards his little brother.

"Synn," Gabriel started to say. "What's going on? Where are we...?"

"The bad place!" Despayre cried out. "We're going to the bad place!"

Hearing this, and knowing full well what the bad place was, Gabriel's eyes darted right towards Synn while Despayre started crying, "Nooo! I don't want to... you promised! You said you'd never...!"

"Synn, man! What the hell!?" Gabriel started to protest, without even fully realizing why. He just knew this was upsetting his little brother to the highest degree and that was quite enough for him.

"Will the both of you please calm down!?" Synn demanded as the vehicle slowed down. "We are not going to the bad place, we are going past it! Joshua needs to see something."

"I don't want to see....!"

"Joshua..." Synn pulled the car over to the side of the road, putting the vehicle into park so that he could turn and address both his son as well as the man that was good as a son. Synn's eyes were directly on Despayre, but his words were as much for Gabriel's peace of mind as Despayre's reassurance. "I swore to you on my life all those years ago that I would never take you back into that place. I swore that you would never go back for any reason, never set foot in. I also said that you would never have to lay eyes on it again, but I had news for you. News that was very important for you to finally be at peace knowing the 'bad place' need not ever be a fear for you ever again."

Despayre swallowed hard, his eyes locked onto his father's own, not understanding but wanting desperately to believe. Gabriel took it upon himself to speak up and he asked, "What exactly is this about?"

"Turn your head." Synn answered. "And have a look."

Gabriel did so without question, and upon the sight of the hospital where 'his Despy' had been a prisoner and proverbial 'lab rat' for all those years chilled even his blood. The very sight of the Broodmoore facility seemed to him some hedonistic cross between a Victorian manor and the token horror movie version of an insane asylum. It was at least thirty yards away from the road, hidden by a large, gated wall with obvious disarray and neglect to the hedges that aligned the brick. If the mere sight of this place caused Gabriel to react like this, he couldn't even begin to imagine what it would mean for Despayre, let alone what the Inside must have been like. Gabriel couldn't fathom why Synn would want his cherished son to look at this place, a memory best left buried, but he rarely understood the machinations of this man's mind.

Still, something was off... not quite right about this place. For reasons other than the obvious. frowning, Gabriel found his words and asked, "Where are the people?"

Before Despayre knew what he was doing, Gabriel's words caused him to curiously turn his head to look and see what he was talking about, and almost flinched when he realized he was looking at the bad place.

"There are no people." Synn answered, his eyes leaving the sight of Broodmoore, to his son. "Not any more."

Both Despayre and Gabriel turned to him with inquiring expressions, Gabriel curious while Despayre was confused. Synn went on to explain, "It's been under investigation for the past three years. Four months ago, it was shut down." He looked right into Despayre's eyes and said, "Permanently."

"Shut down?" Despayre whispered, almost as if he were unable to fully comprehend what Synn was telling him.

"Yes, Joshua." Synn said. "That is why I wanted you to see for yourself. You needed closure, and to finally understand completely that this place need never be a fear for you ever again. The bad place is no more. Nobody will ever be hurt inside of it ever again." And before Synn could brace himself, his boy lunged forward and wrapped his arms around his thick neck in a fierce and loving embrace.

"Can't imagine how that happened." Gabriel mused, a smile finally finding its way to his mouth - although he had a pretty good idea. He then whispered while Despayre had not yet released his grip. "I thought you made a deal with that doctor...?"

"Yes, well..." Synn replied. "He also swore he'd give my son the proper care that he deserved." Despayre finally released his dad and sat back as the car pulled back out onto the road. "I guess that makes us both liars."

Despayre was indeed in high spirits. How could he not be when a place that was like a bogey man haunting your every fear was no more? And he his dad to thank! Synn had asked him if there was anything special that he might like to do in order to 'celebrate,' and the answer was as clear as crystal:

One phone call to his best gal-pal Melody Grace, and their grand adventure at Okanagan Lake was quickly underway! Despayre had missed out on hunting for a sea beastie when on the Sun Princess cruise, or hopefully just to catch sight of the elusive Kraken! But when he found out that they would be in the vicinity of the home of the world famous and Unsolved Mystery hyped beastie known as Ogopogo, well that was all the celebration Despayre needed! of course, Synn had hoped for a preferred restaurant, most likely Panda Express or even Dairy Queen would have been adequate. But his boy and his bestie had their hearts set on the elusive Ogopogo, so one quick call for takeout at the aforementioned Panda Express, and the group found themselves at one of the parks that bordered the eighty three mile long lake that was reportedly home to a form of water beast. Canada's own version of Nessie.

The only difference was, that Ogopogo was taken seriously enough that the Canadian government declared it an endangered species, preventing any would-be monster hunter from making it their so-called 'prey'. Scientific investigations were even few and far between.

"He really needed that, you know." Gabriel said as he took a seat beside Synn, watching Despayre, Angel and Melody race up and down the banks of Lake Okanagan, throwing 'fish treats' into the water in the hopes of luring the mysterious Ogopogo out for a glimpse!

"I know." Synn smirked. "But we both knew once he heard about this 'beast', he'd want to see if he could try to see it -- or catch it."

Gabriel smiled, but he turned his eyes toward Synn and said, "I meant about the hospital." Synn turned to look at the magician and Gabriel stated, "He needed that off of his mind. Completely."

"That's why I decided to forego my agreement with that doctor and turn all the evidence over to the proper authorities." Synn replied. "I know Joshua trusted me when I said he'd never have anything to fear where Broodmoore was concerned, but I also believed there would always be even a shadow of that fear rooted in his psyche. I wanted this as much for me as for him." he shook his head, looking away. "I never wanted him to have that hell hole on his mind ever again."

"Well I believe you accomplished just that." Gabriel said and patted his friend and mentor on the back, always amazed at the things Synn was able to accomplish when he set his mind to it. Particularly when it concerned a loved one. "So we about ready to call it a day? Your son put away more of this makeshift Chinese than the rest of us put together."

"Yes." Synn sighed. "And if history gives any indication, he'll be passed out in a Panda Express stupor within an hour."

Gabriel chuckled and took the initiative to call out, "Despy! Mel! Time to go!"

They heard a few "Awws!" and at least one "Fishsticks!" but then curiously, a number of "Byes!" called out aloud, causing Synn and Gabriel to turn to the water to see Despayre with his teddy bear cuddled against him, and Melody, skipping towards them -- and something large having just submerged back down into the water, leaving ripples passing across the lake's surface.

Synn turned to Gabriel and said simply, "I didn't see it if you didn't."

"Well, here we are once again. Caleb Houston and Despayre, inside of the six-sided ring. It's been awhile since I've had the privilege of stepping in and having a few words for Despayre's opposition, as lately he has had a certain other speaking in his place. I'm sure you understand, Caleb, as Despayre is not much for public speaking, and I am quite certain that my words will be adequate where you are concerned."

"I think we can all agree that 'shooting' is not Despayre's forte, as he is a proven man of action where words are just that; mere words. Action speaks louder than such, and once inside of the ring, Despayre has proven time and again he is a man of action. He's proven that as both a tag team champion, as well as singles, many times over. He's faced the biggest and the best, and more often than not, it was not the arm of the opponent that was raised in victory. And even in defeat, Despayre has proven himself a cut above many others, earning the respect of some of the best there is here in SCW. J2H, for example. The reigning World Champion himself admitted that Despayre had earned his respect, a much vaunted task to say the least for the self assured young Superstar. But not you, Caleb. Oh no, not you."

"You see, This wouldn't be the first time that you faced Despayre inside of the six-sided ring, now would it? Two times previously, the two of you have met, yet This would mark the first time that you have went up against each other in singles competition. The two times previously have been in tag team action. The first was in a mixed tag team match where Despayre teamed with Melody Grace, and you yourself teamed with Veronica Taylor. The second, was for the World Tag Team Championship when you and your partner, JT Midas, challenged Despayre and Big B for the gold."

"Interesting thing about that win, however, was despite the way you boasted, you did not score the victory over Despayre. It was Veronica Taylor who defeated Melody Grace when they were in the ring with one another, yet you made it sound as if you were the one who won for your team. You made it seem as if you totally and completely dominated Despayre when you or he were tagged into the match and got to face each other. Yet that was not the case, was it Caleb? Well, to a self deluded mind such as the one you have, it might have appeared that way. or perhaps it was those funny little smokes you partake in with alarming regularity that made you hallucinate and think that you had the best of the former World Tag and Internet Champion whenever you stepped into the ring against him. If one looks back to that Santa's Little Helper match, one could easily see that it was actually quite even between the two of you. As a matter of fact, Despayre got the better of you the first time you were inside of the ring in that mixed tag. Admittedly the second time you were in the ring in that match, you had a better accounting for yourself, but your bragging and boasting was obviously in remembrance for that time alone, rather than the time Despayre had control. You can lie and edit history to your heart's content, Caleb, but the fact was that Despayre gave as good as he got, and you had the marks to prove it."

"Now the second time you faced each other, once again, things admittedly went your way. Yet also, once again, it was not Despayre's shoulders that got pinned to the mat. You scored the win, yes Caleb, but you pinned Big B to walk away with the World Tag Team Championship, and that might not even had happened had your partner not gotten involved so swiftly. Towards the end, Despayre had you. he had you, and had it not been for a questionable decision by the referee regarding a so-called tag, you would have went down to the Spinal Tap. The only way you and Midas were able to gain leverage over Despayre was with cheap tactics and double team maneuvers. Well that won't work This time Caleb, because This time around, you are all alone inside of that ring, and you'll have nobody there to bail you out when you find yourself in very hot water."

"This time it is strictly one on one, man to man. You'll find that things will go exceedingly different This time around when you don't have a partner there to back you up whenever you find yourself in trouble. And trust em when I say that you will be finding yourself in trouble. You have often stated time and again that Despayre was a weak competitor, who would rely on his partners to make himself look good. When in all actuality, that description was more on par with you, yourself. The simple truth is that you, like so many others who have been booked against Despayre have looked at his diminutive size and innocent nature, and saw nothing more than a pawn in the game of chess that is professional wrestling. You see a naive young man and think to yourself he would be easily exploited en route to an even easier victory. Yet like those others who made that most gross of errors in judgement, you'll discover the hard way that the most destructive of explosions emanate from the smallest of packages."

"Despayre is not a man that can be exploited by those such as you with obvious delusions of grandeur. He has single handedly defeated world class veterans of the ring, men three times his size with a great deal more experience. He has set foot inside of steel cages and the like against men who experts stated he had little to no hope against, and has walked away with his head held high, if not always in victory yet most certainly in showcasing he is not one to be taken lightly."

"You think because his best friend is a teddy bear, that his mind is a simple one. You think because he is not a muscle laden heavyweight that he can be completely dominated and humiliated to make yourself look the big man in front of your wife, Miss Edie. Well, all I can say is that I hope you are as resilient in the body and soul as you are boastful in the mind and mouth, because in the end, your wife is going to be asking herself, 'However did my husband lose to a man half his size?' And if she were to ask me, I would answer her simply and truthfully:"

"Because you married a goddam fool."

"Seriously! You have been around the SCW circles long enough! You and everyone else out there should have learned by now the lessons Despayre has taught everyone he had been inside of the ring against! Do not misjudge him based solely on his size and actions outside of the ring! Open your eyes, open your MIND, and look at the man that has been here since day one! Count the number of times he has put someone's shoulders down on the mat for the count of three! Listen to how many opponents he has made cry Uncle, and then tell me you think he's someone that you can make look foolish! Caleb, you would be damned lucky if you were even able to get a hold of Despayre once that bell rings! Many a man that was bigger and better than you have learned that getting a hold of him was like catching greased lightning in your fingers! He is one of, if not the, fastest competitors in SCW. Certainly faster than you! Just when you think you may have him grounded and primed for attack, you'll find him flying through the air and taking you down. How often do you see someone in SCW with the level of aerial technique that Despayre has proven? It's not something that you can boast of, let alone match against!"

"No, your specialty I have noticed is a more aggressive, MMA style. One would think you'd do better in the Octagon, but here you are instead, plying your trade in SCW. Men like you who have such styles, who have opted to incorporate the martial arts techniques into their repertoire rather than act the part of actual wrestlers, whether they be ground based or aerial, always make the same assumption: that just because they know a hint of martial arts, it makes them absolutely unbeatable. More often than not, each one of them has found out that it is sadly not the case. Like them, you will soon find out that as much prowess as you might fancy having with the martial arts and strong style, will not save you in the slightest when you are caught in the ring against an actual wrestler! A young man like Despayre who, although scientific grappling might not be his specialty, is still capable of tying a man up in a knot until he has little choice but to cry uncle. A man who would put his own body on the line by performing dangerous dive outside of the ring, if but to land one more hurt on the opponent which This coming weekend, will be you. A man who has no qualms at fighting fire with fire, and will match you tooth for claw should you decide to start getting rough inside of the ring and threaten to bend the rules, because Despayre will do so until they literally break! Many have stepped inside of the ring with whom they thought was a boy, but unfortunately for them, discovered to be a man, a man that was capable of fighting like an animal. And we all know what happens when an animal is cornered, believing themselves to be under threat."

"Without Midas around, you do seem to have fallen to the side, lost in the proverbial shuffle. Your last few encounters with Johnny Tsunami as Bad Company has been less than impressive, and it's been more your own fault that it has your partner's. This time, you will have nobody to save you. This time, you will have nobody to tag out to when you have Despayre tearing into you and not leaving enough to make a decent lunch. For all your bravado and self assured bravado, you will have nobody to blame -- but yourself."
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."