Author Topic: Stepmom and Birthdays and Buddies! OH MY!  (Read 302 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Stepmom and Birthdays and Buddies! OH MY!
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:46 PM »

"The more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is in your life to celebrate."

Las Vegas, Nevada

"It's been a very busy past few days for Despayre. Why, you might ask? That is indeed a very good question, and fair I might add. After all, Despayre does not have as hectic of a wrestling schedule as does the average professional wrestler. Not even the other competitors in his home territory of Sin City Wrestling. In SCW, Despayre was accustomed to wrestling a minimum of two times a month, maybe three if the need arose to hype a particular match."

"Such as the one that would be upcoming in a matter of three weeks; his 'Best Two-Out-of-Three Falls' rematch against J2H for the SCW World Heavyweight Championship. If truth be told, Despayre didn't want this match. He saw no reason to try again for a championship he didn't have at the top of his list of priorities. That spot was, and always has been, reserved for the World Tag Team Championship. But the powers that be aka Mark Ward and Christian Underwood, wanted a championship match for J2H at Summer XXXTreme IV to really test the champion, and who better than to place James against the same young man who just gave him the toughest fight of his title reign at Into the Void V?"

"When asked by Synn if he understood the logic behind the bosses's decision, Despayre answered with a simple nod and a hearty "Nope!" Which only prompted a whole fresh round of explanations and reasoning from Synn, Chris Shipman, and Rage himself."

"But I digress! You're here because we have a story to tell! Well, don't we always? That's why you keep coming back! We always leave you wanting more, and like I said, Despayre has been a busy boy. Ever since his rematch was announced, his father and the rest of his 'family' in the Seven Deadly Sins, have been facing the unenviable task of getting Despayre prepared for not just this historic rematch for what, if the last title match between the two was any indication, will surely be yet another potential Match of the Year candidate. But they were also facing the daunting task of ensuring the young grappler was focused on what was to be a 'warm up' match, a tune up -- if you will, against two very familiar faces in the 'King of Kings' aka Kain, and Casey 'the Freight Train of Pain' Williams."

"We'll discuss those two more a little later in this here promotional material, but for now, pleasure before business!"

"Besides making certain that Despayre was working out in the local training center as any man or woman in the sport should, to keep his ring skills sharp, Despayre had some recent social functions that he had to ensure he was a part of..."

Despayre sat with a wide smile, in a hastily adorned suit with his father at his side, watching as Roxi Johnson and Keira Fisher-Johnson, held their vow renewal ceremony.

"It took a little bit of explaining on Synn's and my part to help Despayre to better understand that this was not a Lebanese wedding. Simple Freudian slip of the tongue where the lad was concerned. But he had fun anyway ... all things considered."

Despayre spent most of his time at the reception for Keira and Roxi, seated at the table that his chair was reserved for with his father. But whenever he had to stand up to go to the bathroom or get something to eat, he carefully did so while holding a brass catering pan held over his backside. The end result of Roxi teasing (!) that butts were to be grabbed.

"But now we find ourselves back in the present, finding our star in the midst of preparations for that other special social occasion, as there was a birthday to be had in their little family; namely Odette, the wife of his 'big brother' Gabriel, was turning (censored) and he was throwing a big 'to-do' at the Stevens' place this very evening. A big to-do that, just a few days ago, Despayre had assumed he would be in charge of the preparations..."

Inside of the spacious abode that Despayre called home, the young man walks through the house with his ipad held out in front of him, with a memo app open and a check list nearing completion. He turned a corner and with one free hand, grasped the door knob that opened up into his father's office, an act he was quite familiar with performing -- and one that Synn himself was used to experiencing.

Synn glanced up from whatever paper work he had on the cherry wood finish desk before him and he raised an eyebrow as he found his son staring at him expectantly.

Despayre smiled as he announced, "I need to go into town so I can buy a five tier cake, a hundred balloons and five pounds of glitter confetti."

"Indeed?" Synn placed a contract down onto the desk, finding it far easier to experience whatever mood his son was in at any given time if he gave it his full and undivided attention. "And what exactly are you needing all of that for?"

"Well it's all I need to complete my list for the party I'm throwing Odette!"

"The party that You're throwing?" Synn propped an elbow on the corner of the desk and rested his chin on his curled fist. "Joshua, this birthday party is for Gabriel's wife. I believe he already finished all of the plans."

Despayre scrunched his face up at that particular brand of news, his lips puckered and one eye closed and the other almost squinted shut.

Synn reiterated, "Food, decorations ..."

Despayre asked, "Entertainment?"

Synn nodded, "Afraid so. All taken care of."

"Oh." Despayre glanced down at the screen in his hand and sighed before he looked back up at nothing in particular and said, "Well, that's certainly a fly in the ol' ointment." Before he did an about-face, turning around and exiting the office just as smoothly as he had entered.

Of course, the proverbial "fly" was never one to get Despayre down! If there was anything that boy loved, it was a party!

"We're HERE!" Despayre announced -- LOUDLY -- as the front door to Gabriel's home swung open with a clatter, the door bouncing off of the padded door stop. All the better to prevent his little brother's usual entrance from marking up the wall that the door would have otherwise crashed into. A decision that Synn had sorely wished many a time that he would have thought of in times past. With Despayre, besides the Bear of the Millennium (also known as Angel)...

"DUH!?"

... was Synn, Chris Shipman, Shane Boswell and Fantasia, Despayre's mother and grandmother, Margaret and Victoria Young, and yes ... Theresa, Synn and Despayre's housekeeper and a member of this all-too dysfunctional family unit. Each had dressed nicely for the occasion, well -- Shipman about as nice as could be expected. Despayre was wearing a dress shirt and matching slacks, but no mater how much Synn and Margaret prodded and hinted, there was not any way, shape or form that a tie would find itself around Despayre's neck.

Shane had adamantly refused to even try, stating, "The bite marks on my hands have just NOW healed from last time! Let's just let the kid be, eh?" And that was that.

"Wow..." But if there was anything that Despayre did NOT love, it was a crowd. And make no mistake about it -- despite it still being relatively early in the evening for their arrival, there was already a godly number of people who had arrived to help kick start the evening's festivities. Rage and Kittie were already there. Phil was probably working. Friends and family members outside of the Sins' social circle were there, those closest to the birthday girl. Even a few of Sin City Wrestling's elite had shown up and they were all in the midst of enjoying the party's light hearted atmosphere, music and yes, the feast that Gabriel had ensured for everyone's enjoyment, especially that of his beloved wife.

"And booze! Don't forget the booze!"

"We won't forget!" Despayre said crossly, looking "up" at nothing in particular, drawing the surrounding eyes towards him, including that of his friends and family.

"Joshua?" His Grandma Victoria said.

"Yo!"

"Who were you just talking to?"

Despayre opened his mouth for a brief moment to answer, but then clamped his lips shut and shook his head in the negative. He shrugged and answered, "It's complicated."

Synn was about to follow up with asking 'WHAT was complicated' when a call came from in the house's vast interior, "THERE you lot are!"

"Gabriel!" Despayre's face lit up just as it did every time his big brother was in the vicinity, and all questions and defenses were quickly forgotten as he raced up to the former two-time SCW World Champion and slammed into him, enveloping him in his patented 'Teddy Bearhug'! Carrying a glass of something dark and bubbly, Gabriel had to shift hands and hold the glass aloft to keep it from sailing onto the floor from Despayre's enthusiastic impact, and he quickly returned the affectionate embrace.

"Where the bloody he-heck have you lot been?" Gabriel asked as he separated himself away from Despayre. "Odette an' I expected you to be the first to arrive, not to be so fashionably late."

"Well we would have been." Shane answered. "If a certain someone didn't need to be torn away from a certain neighbor's house to get ready." His eyes fell to, of course, Despayre, as did the others.

Gabriel smiled, his love of his little brother's mischief making all-too consuming to the point he acted more like an instigator and encourager than any role else. That was what a big brother was for when he had as mischievous a little brother as Despayre, was it not?

Gabriel asked, "What priceless piece of evil did you conjure up on Missus Old lady this time?"

"Huh?" Despayre blinked at Gabriel's choice of words, until he shook his head and answered, "Oh no. Noooo! I was just visiting. I had to take her a present, too."

Odette, who had joined her husband by his side with a glass of champagne in her hand, asked, "Oh? What was the occasion?"

Despayre smiled, "It's Missus O'Heaney's birthday too! And since I'm spending the evening here celebrating with YOU --" He pointed directly at Odette who's lovely face flashed into a wide smile. "I thought I'd spend the day with her so she wasn't all alone."

"Oh Despy," Despayre found himself quickly enveloped in a hug from the birthday girl. "That was so sweet of you!"

Despayre leaned back and away. Wife of Gabriel or not, Odette was still a girl and girl hugs could be an incredibly awkward thing to experience. Unless that girl just so happened to be your mom and grandma. Then it was alright! Despayre tried to pull himself free but that Odette had a strong grip on her! Must be an after effect of his studly charm. The babes just didn't want to let go.

"Joshua?" Margaret started to speak as Odette finally released him. "Don't you have something to give Odette?"

"Hm?" Despayre looked to his mom questioningly, when the bulb winked on and he smiled. "Oh yeah!" He spun around and pulled his hand from his pocket and threw a handful of rice on the birthday girl, crying out, "SURPRISE!"

Gabriel snorted, having all but expected something like this, and he watched as Odette pursed her lips and spit a piece of rice from between her full lips and looked at first her husband, then at the young man before her who simply smiled.

Shipman was the first to speak up, "Wasn't that supposed to be glitter?"

"That would be rude." Despayre looked back over his shoulder to declare to his 'Stepmom'. "It would take years to clean up glitter. And besides..." he turned back and nodded eagerly to Odette. "You can always cook the rice later!"

Odette smiled. She couldn't help it. The affection she held in her heart for Despayre was near equal to the way her husband felt for the young man. She nodded, "Point taken, Despy." She stated with the Australian lilt to her words.

"Actually," Synn leaned in to 'fake whisper' to his son. "I think your mom was referring to your present?"

"I got a present!?"

"The present you got for Odette."

"Oh. OH!" Despayre then pulled a wrapped package from behind Angel, a hastily wrapped box in blue wrapping paper with teddy bears printed all over it. Truth be told, it wasn't the neatest job as far as wrapping goes, but Despayre did much better tearing wrapping paper off of presents as opposed to putting it on for someone else. He held it out proudly to which Odette took it into her own hands gratefully.

"Oh Despy, thank you!" She winked at him. "I have such an urge to give you a peck on the cheek."

"Fight it." Despayre answered in a swift retort, causing a number of them to chuckle in surprise.

"And I see the rest of the loot  in your hands." Gabriel stated, jetting a thumb back over his shoulder towards an indicated table already piled high with colorful packages. "You can drop those off there then get yer arses in here and start havin' some fun!"

They did as instructed and headed inside. Gabriel draped an arm around Despayre's shoulder, leading him in.

"Are Melly and James here?" Despayre inquired, to which Gabriel answered, "They are somewhere."

"Hot socks!" And Despayre takes off into a spring, bobbing and weaving amongst the guests in search of ...

J2H just happens to turn his head in the nick of time to see a parting of guests ala the Red Sea, and Despayre emerged with a bright and eager face as he looked about for not just his opponent, but his bosom chum!

"Shit!" J2H growled and quickly ducked out of sight just a moment before Despayre turned his head in the direction he had just been a second ago.

Despayre popped up from behind the cushioned L-shaped sofa in the living room, startling two of Odette's female guests. Their reactions grew even more priceless as Despayre leaned over and started peeking behind cushions and turned to the large picture window and gazed behind the drapes.

"Despy?" Shane approached with a curios expression on his face. "What are you doing?"

"Playing Hide N Seek with James!"

Shane nodded briefly before he asked, "Does James know that?"

"He must!" Despayre pondered. "I can't find him anywhere!" And he took back off into the heart of the party to continue the game, leaving Shane nodding, "Makes sense."

"Okay everybody! Anyone in the mood for some cake?" Gabriel called out as a bakery caterer wheeled a large, three tier cake adorned with chocolate frosting and pastel roses. Need he even ask!? The first person to join leap to his side (literally) was Despayre, his gray eyes eagerly staring at the bounty that was this scrumptious cake!

Gabriel drew his wife Odette to his side and was prepared to light the candles at the top tier, before he paused and leaned over to Despayre to whisper, "Despy, you didn't add any of your special surprise candles, did you?"

Despayre looked up into Gabriel's probing eyes and shook his head, "Noooo!" But he then looked back at the cake, pondering, before looking back to Gabriel. "But just in case, if one starts to sparkle, hit the dirt."

Odette and Gabriel both smiled and Gabriel snapped his fingers and the candles lit up as one -- as if by magic!

"Gabriel?" Synn approached Gabriel who was seated on the sofa along with Odette and her mother and father, whom we had met in a previous Odette promo many years ago. "By any chance did you suggest to Joshua he use an animal to help locate where James was hiding?"

Gabriel smiled, rubbing a forefinger along his chin as he nodded in confirmation, "Yeah. Thought it'd been the boy busy and give James a bit of a breather."

"Ah." Synn nodded and started to turn away. "Well just so you know, I just saw Joshua heading outside next door towards where you have your tiger housed."

Gabriel started laughing, looking between his wife and mother and father-in-law. "Yeah! That would be my Despy... SHIT!" And he jumped to his feet and raced off out of the house!....

The evening was later drawing to a close, and Gabriel and Odette busied themselves saying farewell to their guests and giving thanks to those who attended. As they were talking to Jessie Salco and company, Despayre slid up beside Gabriel and asked of him, "Can I have a piece of cake to take home?"

"Another?" Gabriel laughed. "Christ, Despy! That would be your third piece! Your dad will never bring you down from the sugar high."

"Oh it's not for me!" Despayre shook his head. "Or Angel. Honest!"

"Well you can have another piece Despy." Odette purred in her silken accent. "But who is it for if we may ask?"

The car had no sooner pulled into the drive of Synn and Despayre's house when the passenger rear door flew open and Despayre scrambled out, Angel held carefully in one arm, and the cellophane wrapped piece of cake in the other. Despayre quickly took off up the street, heading right towards Missus O'Heaney's house which still had a light on in the downstairs.

Synn looked at Theresa and Shipman and said, "Somehow I am not surprised."

"Casey Williams and Kain!"

"You see? I told you that we'd return to the business at hand, just as soon as the more fun stuff was wrapped up! You see, if I had my way, all I'd do is sit here and tell stories about my best buddy Despayre and the off-the-wall antics of the people he surrounds himself with, but the folks 'in the know' say that since this is a wrestling promo, it has to have something to do with wrestling."

"And what batter way to have something to do with wrestling than to talk a little trash about the people who Despayre will be up against this Sunday?"

"The first thing I am pleased to make crystal clear is that Despayre is not going up against Kain and Casey Williams all by his lonesome. No sirree! Even though I have all the confidence in the world MY Despy would still kick some serious butt if that were the case, no. This match is special because the folks behind closed doors decided to give Despayre his favorite sort of match to compete in! Yes, a tag team match! And not just any tag team match, but one with a very special partner! You see, even though Shipman aka Stepmom has been a valued member of the Seven Deadly Sins for the past couple of years, to date he and Despayre have yet had an opportunity to team with each other. Shipman was caught up in singles competition, while at the time, Despayre was still busying himself in the tag team ranks with the likes of Rage and Bernie as his partners in championship infamy. But that was then..."

"... This is now! This may be the first time that Shipman and Despayre have had the chance to team up, tag teams not being Shipman's cup of tea, but make no mistake who will be going into this match with the decided advantage: that would be the Sins! Try to remember what was and is Despayre's specialty in the world of wrestling. Tag teams! Three times Despayre reigned supreme atop the tag team ranks as the World Tag Team Champion (with Gabriel, Rage and Bernie). And two out of three times his team did not get defeated to lose the gold! Suck on that Casey and Kain!"

"Yes, this match is going to be like a high school reunion, because everyone in this match is familiar with each other, from their time here in SCW and even before in the Asylum Wrestling Alliance where Despayre first met not only Shipman, but Casey Williams and Kain himself. It was in AWA that Despayre first locked horns with Casey, and indeed with Shipman as well before he was "seduced" to the Sinful ways. But through all the years, Despayre has never gotten to step inside of the ring with Kain. Until now."

"Kain is a respected wrestler. Feared the world over for his striking style and technical and brawling expertise. He's not a Grand Slam Champion and Hall of Famer for nothing! But this time he's facing Despayre, a man who has the entire world ready for the taking, and it begins tonight when he steps foot into the ring with the King of Kings. Kain, you are a former World Champion. You defeated Despayre's best friend and brother Gabriel for that very title, so you might want to tread carefully. Despayre takes infractions like that pretty personally and if he thinks that he's going to avenge a wrong done to someone he loves, well that just makes him all the more dangerous. Plus, you attacked another member of his family in Rage. Not a smart move where Rage is concerned, and when Despayre targets you for targeting 'Uncle Rage,' well all I can say to stress what will happen is that you named yourself a King."

"Despayre earned his title."

"And you again, Casey Williams. What more can be said that hasn't been said time and again? It is growing a might tiresome, isn't it? All these attempts at righting what you have to believe is a wrong? I mean, you're what... seven feet tall and close to four hundred pounds? How many times have you fallen in defeat to Despayre, a man a third your size at best? You talk a good game, that I'll give you. And you proved you have some brains, otherwise you never would have went groveling to Melody to be friends with J2H again. Everyone knows you did so only because he won the big title, a gold prize you'll never come close to. So you hitched a ride to some golden coattails, hoping that some of James's success would rub off on you. Well newsflash! The old adage of history repeating itself could never be more true or more clear, because everything that Despayre has done to you before? He's going to do again."

"The only difference is, this time he'll have Shipman standing at his side. What will James think when he sees his monstrous bodyguard fallen in defeat (AGAIN) to the same guy who in just two weeks will be challenging him for that gold belt around his waist?"

"What will he think?"
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."