Author Topic: "A lot to Prove."  (Read 564 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
"A lot to Prove."
« on: April 05, 2021, 01:01:51 PM »
Much to her disappointment, Krystal was left off the Blaze of Glory IX card and ended up being relegated to the pre-show where she, alongside her friend and fellow Go Gym Graduate Ariana Angelos, competed in a Battle Royal for the vacant Underground Championship, whilst Ariana was eliminated early on Krystal lasted until the final two before being eliminated by her old nemesis Valentina, despite the loss Krystal went on to appear at Blaze of Glory in two separate segments, one with Jessie Salco before she went on to beat Char Kwan and end their feud and the other with Ariana as they commented on the show.

The post Supercard break came and went quickly, and it wasn’t long before Krystal would find herself in another title opportunity as she was one of three women competing for a chance at the Roulette Title at Into the Void, her opponents? Former Roulette Champion Candy and Bea Barnhart! It should be stressed that the winner of this match wouldn’t be Royal Purple’s sole challenger for the Roulette Title as it was set to be a Triple Threat Match with a second qualifier being held the week after, can Krystal finally pick up that elusive win?

Backstage at Climax Control 295, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 14th of March 2021, 11:00pm

This past Supercard cycle has not gone as planned.

It started off great, don’t get me wrong, I was teamed with the reigning Blast from the Past Champion and had the week off in week one leaving me free to scout the competition for round two, then my team was drawn against eventual Semi-Finalists Amber Ryan and Despayre in round one, the fact that I described them as eventual semi-finalists should tell you everything you need to know about how that match ended for me and Mark.

But hey, at least I got a chance to bounce back from THAT with a win over Char Kwan the following week, right? Ha-ha, no! Thanks to an incompetent referee blatantly ignoring outside interference from Char Kwan’s entourage until HB Carter had to step in and resulted in a double disqualification giving me my first draw that wasn’t due to a double count out (long story) or time limit draw in my career, and don’t even get me started on the drama that unfolded between me and Carter in the weeks that followed!

But at least I’m on the Blaze of Glory IX card, right? RIGHT?!

“God damn it!” I grunted in frustration as I kicked the wall, I had just gotten my copy of the Blaze of Glory card and after double, triple and quadruple checking it, my name was nowhere to be seen, I was being left off the card whilst that moron known as The Troll was wrestling in the first singles match of the night (not counting the pre-show) against Miles Kasey, yeah, I wasn’t happy about that! “Those bastards found room on the card for that talentless hack known as The Troll but not me?! Does graduating from the Go Gym mean nothing to them?!”

I didn’t realize that Jessie was heading home after her hundredth failed attempt at winning the World Bombshell Championship (probably exaggerating) and whilst I didn’t exactly have a high opinion of Jessie thanks to how she got most of those title shots, I needed someone to vent my frustrations too before I took it out on some poor unsuspecting viewer on my stream so yeah, we talked for a bit before she left for home and she left me with a higher opinion of her than I entered that conversation with.

I stayed at the arena for a bit longer to cool down rather than risk a road rage incident on the way home, Jessie’s brother Jake and her husband Shane soon followed her, but I was playing on my Nintendo Switch by that point, so I had no idea if they spotted me, especially since they didn’t say hi to me or anything, but one person did catch my attention. “You’ve seen the card, haven’t you?” Ari’s voice rang out and I glanced up before nodding.

“Yep, and I’ve lost count of how many times I went over it, looking for my name.” I sighed in response before pocketing the Switch and turning to Ari, I may have had my disagreements with Carter but since my SCU debut me and Ari had grown close, not close as in “I’m about to invite Ari into my bedroom for sex” but rather close as in “we’re practically sisters from different continents”. “Going from my PPV debut on the first Supercard of the year to not even being mentioned on the biggest Supercard of the year fucking sucks, there’s no two ways about it!”

“You know they can’t feature everyone, though what exactly The Troll has done to earn a spot on the card boggles the mind more than my recipes.” Ari commented dryly and I chuckled a bit at that joke, as much as I agreed with her. “Besides, there’s always the pre-show.”

“Oh sure, yet another SCU show for GRIME to turn into “the GRIME show featuring SCU”!” I grumbled under my breath as I let out an annoyed huff. “Speaking off, how is Carter preparing for his match against Eyesane?”

“It’s a Street Fight so he’s treating it like any other match, the only issue he’s facing is how to handle the TKO rules.” Ari explained and I nodded as I got the idea before she motioned to the parking lot. “Come on, let’s get out of here before we spend the rest of the night here.”

“No argument from me.” I nodded after I let out a deep breath before I left the arena with Ari.

Backstage at Blaze of Glory IX, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 27th of March 2021, 21:00pm

How did things manage to go from bad to worse?

Simple, Ari and Jessie ended up being right, I was booked on the Pre-Show in a Battle Royal for the Underground Championship which had been vacated alongside Ari and whilst the hostess of Recipe 4 Disaster was eliminated early on, I managed to go the distance, lasting until the final two against my old nemesis Valentina no less, my first title in SCU/SCW was well within my grasp but Valentina got lucky and managed to eliminate me.

And this, is why I hate competing in Battle Royals!

Still, at least two things were going the Go Gym’s way tonight, Carter had won his second singles title earlier in the night and Fenris was going to avenge Aron later that night in the Lion’s Den Match against Austin, Jessie beating Char Kwan in the Falls Count Anywhere Match just now was the icing on the cake.

“So, tell me.” Ariana commented as she walked up to me with two soft drinks in hand, I took one and grinned as I got the idea of where she was going with this. “How long have you been waiting to use that Raid: Shadow Legends joke on Jessie?”

“Since my match against Char Kwan.” I responded with a shrug as we watched the action unfold on the screen. “Though to be honest, I was going to use that against her regardless of how that match turned out, I would’ve preferred picking up a win over a draw to an incompetent ref but at least that draw broke my losing streak.”

“True enough, and don’t worry, you’ll get your first win soon enough.” Ari assured me and I grinned in response before sharing a toast. “By the way, what did you vote for in Jessie’s poll?”

“Outside the arena.” I responded with a grin before shrugging my shoulders. “Glad I didn’t put any money on that bet but some part of me wanted to see them take it all over the arena, you?”

“Backstage area, whilst secretly hoping that it would end in Mark and Christian’s office.” Ari responded with a slight giggle “I’m not sure if the crowd counts as backstage area or ringside area to be honest.”

“I’ve never been that clear on that myself, doesn’t help that the door Char got cannonballed against leads to the backstage area.” I responded with a shrug before shaking my head. “Either way, I think we both were way off in our predictions on that poll.”

“Yeah, seems like it.” Ariana responded before taking a sip from her drink. “Let’s just hope that no one bet their life savings on that poll.”

“Nah, because anyone who did deserves a spot in the Darwin Awards on sheer principle.” I pointed out and Ari went to rebuke my point but couldn’t find the words. “What match is up next?”

“Let me check.” Ari responded before checking the card on her phone. “Andrea Hernandez vs. Seleana Zdunich, I swear that woman will find an excuse to feud with anyone and everyone!”

“Guessing your talking about Andrea and not Seleana?” I asked and Ari nodded without hesitation. “Should be a good match at least.”

“Yeah, but I am hoping Andrea gets her butt handed to her on a silver platter.” Ari nodded in agreement before we resumed watching the action.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 4th of April 2021, 15:00pm

The sooner that I can put the Blaze of Glory IX Supercard period behind me, the better!

There’s no way around it, the month or so since Inception IV was one of the worst in my professional wrestling career only made worse by the facts that Mark won the Blast from the Past Tournament with Ruby Steele (and it definitely would’ve been with me if we had literally been paired against anyone but Amber and Despayre in round one) and Fenris got attacked by Brother David after the Lion’s Den Match against Austin.

Still, at least now I can focus on my future rather than my past.

“Okay, plan for Wednesday’s session is halfway done.” I muttered to myself as I typed away at my word document, I’m not going to go into too much detail but all you need to know is that my session plans can go into the double digits for smaller sessions when I’m DMing and this is no exception. “Just need to figure out what enemies to use and come up with some NPCs and I should be all set……...” I trailed off before getting a skype call, I switched windows and answered it once I saw who it was from. “Bit early for our regular Skype calls, isn’t it Maka?”

“I know but I figured you’d like to know this.” Makayla responded as my ex-girlfriend shifted her weight. “SCW’s put the first card of the Into the Void X Supercard period up just now, you might be interested in one match.”

“Unless it’s Fenris vs. The Troll in a Lion’s Den Match I doubt it.” I responded half-jokingly knowing full well that whilst Fenris had checked himself out of the hospital during the Supercard break, he still wasn’t medically cleared to compete.

“As epic as that might be, they went with the next best thing for The Troll.” Maka explained with a laugh and I raised an eyebrow. “They put him against the guy who, up until the Blast from the Past Finals, was undefeated.”

“Mac Bane? Someone please, pass me the popcorn for that match!” I responded with a grin and Makayla shook her head.

“I’d be happy too but, aside from the fact that I’m still in Adelaide, you’ll be busy training for your match.” Makayla explained and that caught my attention quickly. “You remember when you competed on the first Climax Control of the year?”

“That Fatal Four Way for a shot at the Roulette Title alongside Alice Knight, Royal Purple and Mercedes Vargas?” I asked with a raised eyebrow and Makayla nodded. “I remember it because Royal Purple went to dethrone Johanna Krieger at Inception IV, what about it?”

“You’ve been booked in a similar match, a Triple Threat Qualifier for a Roulette Title Shot.” Makayla explained and that caught my attention in a hurry. “I’ll send you the rest of the card, but your opponents are Candy and Bea Barnhart.”

“Former Roulette Champion and someone who challenged her for the title whilst she was champion? Guess that makes me the odd Bombshell out.” I commented before realizing something. “You said qualifier?”

“Yep, the Roulette Title Matches at Into the Void are going to be Triple Threat Matches.” Makayla explained and I grinned as I got the idea. “The men’s qualifier is a singles match, and no, it’s not between The Troll and Mac Bane.”

“I was about to say, if it is, they may as well just announce Mac as one of Alex’s challengers and get it over with.” I responded with a laugh which was shared with Makayla. “I’m guessing the other qualifiers are the week after? And who is competing in the Men’s Qualifier?”

“Got it one, as for the men’s qualifier, that match is between Miles Kasey and Lincoln Daniels.” Makayla explained and I nodded in agreement. “Funnily enough, they have referred to Miles as SCW’s Mr. Ass.”

“I’d almost say that The Troll deserves that title but he’s more of an ass than having a nice ass.” I responded with a grin and Makayla nearly fell out of her chair laughing at that. “Do you have the rest of the card?”

“Sending it over now.” Makayla responded before sending me the e-mail and I checked it, whilst the rest of the card looked good it was the Main Event that caught my attention. “You like the Main Event as much as I do?”

“You could say that! Team Hero, Alicia Lukas, Lucy Seraphina, Sam Marlowe and Seleana Zdunich all vying for an Internet Title Shot?” I asked with a big grin on my face which quickly disappeared. “Is Andrea bitching about being left out yet?”

“How’d you guess?” Makayla asked rhetorically and I shook my head. “Her main complaint this time is that she’s beaten both Roxi and Seleana and yet she’s not in the Internet Title Gauntlet.”

“Frankly, I don’t give a crap.” I responded as I shook my head. “She’s facing Ruby in the latter’s first match since winning Blast from the Past, if anyone can end her losing streak before she gets to Amber, it’s Andrea!”

“Are you really that salty about her beating you in your PPV debut?!” Makayla asked with a frown on her face, and I refused to answer. “Or is this because she won Blast from the Past with someone who was partnered with you originally?”

“Both.” I responded as I shook my head. “We both know that me and Mark would’ve been finalists if we had been paired up against literally any other team in the Tournament in round one!”

“That’s assuming you didn’t get Amber and Despayre in round two in that alternate scenario.” Makayla pointed out and I shook my head in response. “Seriously Charlotte, you’ve got to let this go! Focus more on the future than the past and you have a great chance to do that in the Triple Threat Match.”

“Easy for you to say, you didn’t just have the worse month of your career!” I snapped at my ex and immediately regretted it when I saw the hurt look on her face. “Maka, I……...”

“Forget it, I need to get to work anyway.” Makayla responded as she shook her head before she went to end the Skype call. “I get being frustrated at how your SCW career is going so far Charlotte, but don’t take it out on me! Call me back when you’ve calmed down.” Makayla added before ending the Skype call right there and then, I quickly exited out of Skype and let out a scream of frustration before throwing my headset to the ground.

“First Carter, and now Makayla!” I groaned as I leaned back in my computer chair and let out another scream. “Fuck my life!”

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 5th of April 2021, 11:00am

*promo time*

Me and Makayla quickly settled that argument and considering that she was the one who helped me escape my home life, there was no way in hell I could stay mad it her for long! With that in mind it was about time that I got my promo done for this match.

“I’d prefer not to talk about the lead up to Blast from the Past because for me, that was the worst month of my professional wrestling career! Instead, I’m focussed on moving forward and this week on Climax Control I’ve got a chance to stamp my spot at Into the Void X as I’m competing against Candy and Bea Barnhart in a Triple Threat Match where the winner goes on to face Royal Purple alongside one other challenger for the Roulette Title, in other words, this was just the match I needed to get my SCW career on the right track!”

And I’m starting with Candy!

“Facing someone called Candy the week after Easter, sometimes you just can’t make this stuff up! But seriously Candy, you must be the odds-on favourite to win this match, right? Out of you, me and Bea you’re the only former champion in this match and a former Roulette Champion to boot! Now, how long has it been since you held the Roulette Title again? Oh yeah, over a year! And since then, you’ve been unable to replicate that success!”

I said before shaking my head.

“Granted any chance you had of getting a rematch for that title against Violet went out the window when Violet lost the title in her first defence, but you haven’t had as much success as you’d like since then, have you Candy? You’re quickly shaping up to be a one hit wonder as far as title reigns are concerned Candy and this match won’t be your ticket to winning the title from Royal Purple, if anything I think it’s time someone knew got a shot, like a certain blue haired Australian Bombshell with a Twitch and YouTube channel?”

Next up is Bea!

“As for Bea, something clearly happened to the Barnharts during lockdown because they aren’t the same old married couple that entered lockdown but there are other mysteries at play here, like how the hell someone who looks like Bill managed to bang someone who looks like Bea! That said, there’s no denying that you are a hell of a wrestler Bea but like me, you haven’t had the same success as Bill’s had in the ring.”

Even if that’s not saying much.

“And also like me, you’re looking at this match as a way to break the cycle of losses and move on to bigger and better things, so what’s stopping you? It’s simple enough to say Candy because as I said before, she’s a former champion herself, but not! The person who’ll be stopping you is me! I’m younger, hungrier and more determined than either of the other two women in this match and I’ll be damned if the wife of Bill “Old Fart” Barnhart gets in my way!”

It’s that simple.

“I don’t know if I made it clear to either Bea or Candy yet, but over the past few months I’ve been frustrated with how my SCW career has gone top date which means that I have frustration to take out on both of you! Now granted, you can say that said frustration will lead to me making a lot of mistakes in the ring but by the time Climax Control rolls around on Sunday I will have a clear head and will be focussed on winning my first Main Roster Match!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I am far from done with SCW, as far as I’m concerned, I have let to prove in the ring and this Sunday as I get set to take on Candy and Bea Barnhart in a Triple Threat Match for a chance at Royal Purple and the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship at Into the Void X, I have one thing in mind! That is finally winning a main roster match and booking myself a slot at Into the Void X as I bring either Bea or Candy down with the Down Under Thunderbomb courtesy of “Down Under Thunder” Krystal Wolfe!”

I went to start my stream as the scene fades.