Author Topic: “Out With The Old Me, In With The New Me!”  (Read 824 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Out With The Old Me, In With The New Me!”
« on: February 22, 2023, 05:43:45 AM »
(Miles and Carter were used with their handlers’ permission)

Ariana’s team would score the win over Raven and Vanity when Carter got the pin on Raven but now Ariana’s questions regarding what the time limit draw between Kayla and Melissa meant for her Bombshell Internet Title Match at Blaze of Glory XI were finally being answered, the match was now a triple threat for the title with Melissa being thrown into the mix! As Ariana pointed out on this past week’s Climax Control, that mean that Kayla was at a serious risk of losing the title as she did not need to be pinned to lose the title!

However, there was one last show last before they returned to Las Vegas for Blaze of Glory XI and the one on one match that had originally been scheduled for Blaze of Glory XI had been rescheduled for this week, albeit without Kayla’s Bombshell Internet Title at stake! Ariana and Kayla last faced off  one on one early in Kayla’s SCW Career, a match Kayla would win and whilst they would meet again in the Battle Royal for the vacated Bombshell Internet Title! That match was won by Kayla but there wasn’t much interaction between the two Bombshells as Ariana was one of the first Bombshells to be eliminated! Can Ariana get the win?

Parking Lot of the Alex G Spanos Centre, Stockton, California
Sunday the 19th of February 2023, 18:00pm

Boy, this Supercard cycle has taken a turn.

From basically being gift wrapped a title shot because of how great I did as the Bombshell Roulette Champion to things getting complicated when Melissa and Kayla fought to a time limit draw a few weeks ago and then the title match being made a Triple Threat that featured me against Melissa and Kayla, this cycle isn’t ending the same way I thought it would back at the beginning but thanks to the win over Raven and Luna I’m feeling more ready than ever to dethrone Kayla.

Especially since that bitch has angered me so much that I’ve pretty much thrown all niceties out the window! No one accuses me of stealing ideas from my bestie and gets away with it!

But there was one last show left in the cycle and I felt that I needed the extra momentum boost that would come with a big win over a tough opponent, and the thing was? I knew for a fact that Melissa and Kayla were going to think the same way! Melissa was set to take on Chelsea LeClair tonight but that got postponed by a week for undisclosed reasons so that solved the mystery of what Melissa was going to do to try to get the momentum she needed to get back in the title picture!

But that left the question hanging over me and Kayla’s heads! And since it was the Go Home show next week? I could bet good money that the bosses were eager to put us to the test.

”So we’re agreed that we’re going to need to get another white board for the Blast from the Past Tournament?” I asked Francisco as he loaded the white board into the back of my car, if you remember, I had originally brought that thing to keep track of everyone who was entering the Open Invitational Match at Inception VI last month and whilst I (obviously) lost the match and the title I had such a blast using that thing as a prop for my promos that I decided to hold onto it, ”Because there’s no way I’m going to fit all sixteen names and all eight teams on one board whilst also including the following rounds!”

”I mean, you could if you didn’t care about keeping things legible.” Francisco joked and I just shook my head in response. ”You were able to get this one for pretty cheap on Amazon weren’t you?”

”Yeah, that board set me back about $15 when I ordered it before Christmas!” I nodded in response after thinking back to the original Amazon order. ”The pointer stick cost just under $5 to boot, but I did see more expensive versions of both items! The Amazon Basics brand White Board was just over $40.”

”Seems a bit of a rip-off to me when this much cheaper board did the job just as well, I know you’ve got plenty of money from that Jenny Tuck windfall left over but that doesn’t mean you should go about spending money like it’s going out of style.” Francisco pointed out before I got the new card text and I checked it, when I saw my match for next week my temper flared up which Francisco noticed once he had the white board in the trunk and shut it. ”Err, Ari, I know you’re really into the whole “Ari the wrestling teacher” thing you’ve been doing over the past few weeks but it’s nothing to get that worked up over!”

”Franky, I love you but that’s not what’s gotten me so fired up!” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco gave me a curious look as he folded his arms. ”The bosses have just released the card for the Go Home show, the Melissa vs. Chelsea match is back on as we predicted but me and Kayla are also in action next week.” I added before showing Francisco the match. ”Against each other!”

”And it’s non-title, meaning that win or lose, Kayla will head into Blaze of Glory XI as the Bombshell Internet Champion.” Francisco summarised as he read the match description and I nodded. ”Even so, it would be a hell of a momentum boost for you if you win!”

”I know that, and I also know that the momentum will swing the other way if Kayla gets the win!” I responded after taking a deep breath and pocketing my phone. ”I have so much stuff I wanted to say about that bitch that I was saving for the Blaze of Glory XI promos but this match flips it on its head! Either I use all of my material for this singles match and scramble to come up with new material for the Blaze of Glory promos or I save the spicy stuff for Blaze of Glory and come off as a coward.”

”What is it that Charlotte likes to say? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t?” Francisco asked and I nodded to confirm that that would be what Charlotte AKA Krystal would say in this situation! Off course she has her own problems with Chelsea LeClair to sort out. ”Why not both? Give everyone a teaser of what you’ve got planned for the Internet Title Match?”

”You might be onto something.” I added before we got in the car and I made myself comfy. ”Either way, we have an early fight to catch tomorrow via Kayfabe Airlines if we want to get back to Vegas in time to film the next batch of Recipe 4 Disaster videos, the next show is in Reno so we won’t have to travel as far at least!”

”True! And with Blaze of Glory XI taking place in Vegas we can practically walk to and from our home and the arena.” Francisco added before I started the car and we drove out of the parking lot. ”Though I think it’ll be more practical to use the car.”

”You think?” I teased my fiancé before we drove off into the night.

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 20th of February 2023, 11:00am

Kayfabe Airlines might be the fastest airline around but the trip back to Vegas from Stockton still gave me a lot to think about.

And as you can probably guess, the two main things occupying my thoughts were my upcoming matches against Kayla Richards! Logic would dictate that the title match at Blaze of Glory XI should be my main focus but that match is several weeks away and the non-title match is this Sunday! And whilst Kayla isn’t in danger of losing her title in this match win, lose or draw a win will help set the tone for the Triple Threat one way or another, especially if Melissa gets the win over Chelsea on Sunday.

I win and I’ll have people wondering if Kayla’s title is on life support, and wondering if I’ll win my second ever singles title in another Triple Threat! I lose? Well, Kayla’s already made her opinion known on the matter because if you ask her, then I should be booted out of the title match because “logic” and “common sense” dictates it as so! If anything, that view point paints Kayla as the hypocrite she is but that’s something I’ll go into more detail about when I get started on my promo.

Funny how I had a much easier time dealing with her Wolfslair Teammate Alicia, isn’t it?

Speaking of Alicia, her match for Blaze of Glory XI got signed last night and it’s another match against Jessie Salco, why am I bringing this up? Because Jessie and Harper have stopped by to help work on the next batch of Recipe 4 Disaster videos! Don’t ask how I managed to talk them into this because it’s a long story.

Besides, I heard about that accident that happened during training last week where a girl Harper was sparring with broke her leg on a bad landing and she had been down in the dumps since then, I figured she could use some cheering up and I knew she loved dogs to boot.

To say that she fell in love with Zeus on first sight is putting it mildly to be honest!

”I was warned by Jake and Shane that your recipes could be unique, to put it nicely.” Harper commented as she looked over my recipe card for the dessert I was getting ready to make for this week’s episode as we stood in my kitchen. ”But Salt and Pepper Jalapeno Doughnuts? Are you sure about this?!”

”Those are the kind of recipes my viewers tune in for, besides I am a trained chef so making these taste good will be easy.” I assured Harper who gave me a sceptical look, Jessie on the other hand just watched our conversation from the side-lines. ”These will be some of the best doughnuts you’ve ever had, trust me Harp!”

”Harper may be one of the best students of the current crop at Hero Academy but she’s also the biggest sweet tooth off the current crop!” Jessie chimed in as she shook her head and I turned to her. ”Seriously! One of the first things she did after meeting me for the first time was raid my fridge looking for anything sweet to keep her going until breakfast.”

”In my defence, I was planning to grab breakfast on the way back home but Jessie slept in that morning and we ended up having brunch at her house instead.” Harper quickly chimed in and when I glanced over at Jessie to see if her cousin was telling the truth, Jessie didn’t exactly deny it. ”Which Shane said was out of character for Jessie because she usually gets up before 8:00am.”

”All I’m going to say is that I had a pretty intense dream that night, not helped by my heart problems playing up.” Jessie admitted as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. ”Had something to do with my Hall of Fame induction since it was literally the week before High Stakes XII.”

”I get the feeling that that’s all you’re going to tell me?” I asked Jessie and she nodded in response. ”Okay, getting back on track! Before we can even think about starting the donuts we need to make the dough, and I just remembered that I forgot to print off my recipe for a basic doughnut dough.”

”I can go print it off if you want.” Jessie offered and I turned to her. ”I’m not exactly technically savvy but it’s not like operating a printer’s that hard, whereabouts is your laptop and printer?”

”They are both in my office, up the stairs, second door on the right, ask Francisco and he’ll get you logged into my laptop.” I responded and Jessie nodded before she went off to find my fiancé, once she was gone I took the opportunity to turn to Harper. ”So, I heard about that accident at Hero Academy last week, how have you been feeling since then?”

”Had a feeling this was coming, as for how I feel?” Harper asked as she brushed some hair behind her ear. ”Initially I felt like crap, the girl who broke her leg did so in a sparring match against me whilst doing something I had suggested she incorporate into her move set, but as the week progressed I finally came around to the fact that it was a freak accident.”

”Yeah, that kind of stuff never gets easy, doesn’t matter if it’s something minor like a sprained ankle or something as serious as, well, a broken leg!” I nodded sympathetically as I leaned against the countertop. ”If you ask me? This Kata girl is going to need all the support she can get over the next few months.”

”And she’s been getting it, every other student at Hero Academy has taken time out of their schedule to visit her, me and Francisco included.” Harper responded and I nodded as I remembered Francisco going to visit her, in fact that was how I found out about it in the first place. ”According to Keira? She’s on the road to recovery but won’t be able to walk again until the tail end of the year, and her twin sister wants to graduate with her so Keira’s delayed their graduation match until after Kata’s healthy.”

”And that’s if the docs say that she can resume training.” Jessie chimed in as she walked into the room with the printed recipe in hand, she passed it too me and I took it from her before going over it. ”I’ve been around long enough to know that all kinds of complications can happen over the rest of the year, but apparently Keira got Jenny Tuck to foot her medical bills.”

”Makes sense, their parents live back in Poland and had to take a good chunk of their life savings to allow them to move to America and they don’t have medical insurance either.” Harper nodded in response and I nodded along whilst reading the doughnut recipe, well, it’ll be relatively easy at least. ”So, shall we get started on this doughnut recipe?”

”Never thought you’d ask.” I responded with a grin before we got started on the doughnut recipe.

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 21st of February 2023, 15:00pm

Sometimes it’s just nice to get together with friends.

The last time we had a movie night was during the weeks leading up to Halloween/my 22nd birthday and given what time of year is usually associated with? It was all about horror movies, the more obscure the better because let’s face it, you can only marathon the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Str. And Scream movies for so long before it gets boring! But whilst Valentine’s Day is has come and gone, it’s still the month of love right? Which means one thing:

Romantic Comedy marathon! Cheesier, the better!

Granted I had to really sell Francisco on the idea because he hates Romantic Comedies but he came around when I said that it would be a good excuse to hang around with our friends!

Krystal and Cassie couldn’t make it though, Cassie is training for her debut in a new place called Necropolis: Dead City Wrestling which (according to Krystal) is a horror themed fed and Krystal was unable to make it as Makayla had an appointment due today, given how far along Makayla was into her pregnancy at this point (nearly seven months) we understood that it was bound to take priority for the Australian couple.

Luckily Carter and Miles were down for coming over, it was just a matter of waiting for them and sorting out snacks.

”Okay, snacks? Check, drinks? Check, movies in general? Check.” I went through the checklist as Francisco, Athena and Zeus watched on, our furry companions were either disinterested (Athena) or happy to be there (Zeus) whilst Francisco was somewhere in between. ”Anything we’re missing? And don’t say good movies!”

”I don’t know what to tell you at this point Ari.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I gave him a curious look. ”I told you that if you have seen one Romantic Comedy you’ve seen them all! The only one I remember really liking is Bruce Almighty and that was more of a Jim Carrey screwball comedy than, well, a romantic comedy!”

”And the less said about Evan Almighty, the better!” I responded as I shook my head before looking at my movie selection, ”I’m more of a romantic comedy fan and I think I’ve managed to get myself a good selection, we’ll know for certain once the guys get here though.”

”Again, you’re the expert, not me.” Francisco responded as he shook his heads before the doorbell rang and in a blink and you’ll miss it moment, Zeus had already raced off towards the door, ”I think it’s safe to assume that that’s them.”

”Probably! Can you get everything set up in the living room whilst I go answer the door?” I asked Francisco and he nodded before he started taking the stuff into the living room and I went to answer the door.

Sure enough Miles and Carter were waiting for me (and Zeus by extension) at the door  and when I answered the door the puppy was all to eager to greet them., “Hello cutie! What an adorable fluffball you are!” Miles greeted the puppy as he knelt down to stroke Zeus. “Oh, hey Ari, sorry for the delay but we got caught up in traffic.”

”It’s fine, we’re literally just getting everything set up.” I assured Miles before I bent over and picked up Zeus so that the guys could stroke him without having to bend over. ”Hope you like Romantic Comedies because that’s the theme of tonight’s movie night.”

”So long as the movies aren’t terrible we won’t complain!” Carter assured me and I grinned before leading them into the house proper, Zeus did lick my face a couple of times as I carried hm back into the house but as soon as Carter closed the door behind him? I set the pupper down on the floor. ”I take it Franky’s on board?”

”Yes and no, he hates romantic comedies but he’s willing to do this if it means hanging out with you guys.” I responded as I shook my head and the guys nodded as I lead them into the living room where Francisco was setting up the snacks under the watchful eye of Athena. ”Our guests have arrived.” I informed Francisco who looked up and grinned when he saw Carter and Miles.

”I wouldn’t say I hate Romantic Comedies but I find that if you’ve watched one Romantic Comedy, you’ve seen them all.” Francisco clarified before greeting our guests with a hearty handshake. ”Just my luck that I’m getting married to a woman who loves them, right?”

“I’m sure she’ll turn you around on them.” Miles responded with a grin before we made ourselves comfortable on the sofa. “Store brought snacks? We were getting worried for a sec there Ari.”

”Ha-ha, very funny!” I responded as I shook my head. ”But seriously? Getting the store snacks was a lot more practical than trying to make it from scratch, but I did do my part to jazz them up with my skills as a chef!”

”That just makes me more worried.” Carter teased me before he tried some of my loaded popcorn, I watched his facial expression for about a minute but when he grinned broadly I felt at ease. ”That’s almost enough to make up for three years’ worth of crimes against food!”

”Almost four years now but you know what? I’ll take it.” I responded with a grin before I passed them some of the other snacks which were greeted with the same level of enthusiasm. ”Okay, where do you want to start? I’ve got the physical copies in a pile over there and a few on my Amazon Prime subscription.” I offered the guys and whilst Francisco was disinterested Miles and Carter gave it some thought.

“I mean, I’ve always thought of more of a comic book movie than anything else but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World?” Miles offered after looking through the pile and I grinned before grabbing the film and putting it on through the DVD player.

It was a great night all in all with the four of us genuinely enjoying some of the legitimately good movies and riffing on the really bad ones, even Francisco came around to the idea about an hour into the second movie of the marathon (The Lost City) and by the end of the night Carter and Miles left in high spirits whilst me and Francisco? Well, we went up to our bedroom for certain things that I can’t really go into detail about, all I’ll say is that if Makayla had gotten pregnant the traditional way? This would be how she’d do it!

What can I say? Watching movies about romance all day had left us in the mood! But I did have more pressing matters ahead of me, like me two upcoming matches against Kayla.

In front of Ari’s board, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 22nd of February 2023. 17:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go.

”You know class? I think there’s been a bit of a misconception about me since I signed with SCW last year.” I stated as I started the promo whilst pointing the pointer stick to the picture of myself in the centre of the board which was the pic that I was currently using as my profile pic on Twitter. ”Namely that just because I try to be the nice girl of the Bombshell Division means that I’m a pushover! Never mind the fact that I graduated from the same training school that produced London Underground, Fenris, Evie Jordan, Krystal Wolfe and other past SCW champions! Never mind the fact that me and Carter dominated the Pride Tag Team Division in SCU for most of my rookie year! Never mind the fact that I was the first SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion in months to break the hundred-day milestone!” I grunted before folding my arms. ”What’s a girl gotta do to get some respect around here?”

Seriously!

”I’m the sweetheart who wouldn’t hurt a fly, right? No! Well, I am a sweetheart but I’m also one of the best young women’s wrestlers in the company and I’m out to change the perception that I’m an easy win for whoever faces me no matter what! And that will start at Blaze of Glory XI where I challenge Melissa and Kayla Richards for the Bombshell Internet Title! But first? I’ve got a little preview of that match coming up!” I added as I moved the pointer to the same picture of Kayla Richards that I had used last Sunday on Climax Control. ”That’s right! It’s me vs. Kayla Richards Part II! And I have a lot to say about this bitch!”

This will be good.

”See the Bombshell Internet Champion wasn’t just content with being her usual nasty self on Twitter, she had to go and accuse me of stealing ideas from Carter and trying to make a quick buck off them!” I added as I shook my head. ”Here’s a quick spelling lesson for you class, can you spell the word on the board that I used to describe Kayla?” I asked before moving the pointer to the word in question, I wasn’t about to spell it out because even at my angriest there’s still certain swear words that I won’t touch with a fifty-foot pole and the word that rhymes with hunt and starts with a c fits into that description perfectly! ”Thank god I’m not a real teacher because I’d get in SO MUCH TROUBLE for that! But yeah Kayla, if you wanted to get me mad at you before we even stepped into the ring? Mission fucking accomplished!”

You heard me.

”I won’t bore you with the details regarding the whole sob story that revolves around me and my parents, all you need to know is that Carter was there for me in my darkest time and just a few months ago? I returned the favour! So to accuse me of stealing ideas from him based on one tweet that I wasn’t even that serious about in the first place?!” I added as I shook my head. ”I thought you were an unpleasant person before Kayla and even when we faced off in that Battle Royal that kicked off your first title reign? I TRIED to be respectful of you because my policy has always been to treat my opponents with respect if they’ve earned it! but not you Kayla, those comments you made on Twitter got you added to my shitlist and you’ve only made me more motivated than ever to take that title from you! Unless you go to ridiculous lengths to try to make amends? We can never be friends after that and based on what Miles has told me about you? You’re unlikely to change your tune anytime soon!” I added before flipping some hair over my shoulder. ”So let’s change the topic for a second and talk about our last matches, shall we Kayla?” I asked as I moved the pointe to Climax Control #331 and Climax Control #3387.

A trip down memory lane.

”Two matches months apart but with the same outcomes, you emerging victorious whilst I picked myself up ready for next time! That’s what it looks like n paper but in practice?” I asked as I folded my arms. ”Let’s look at those two matches a bit closer! Our first match was your second in the promotion and my fourth, well, fifth if we count the Mixed Tag Team Match between me and Carter and London Underground but you get the general idea! I was still finding my feet as a Bombshell whilst you had just returned from a brief hiatus following your debut win over Bea Barnhart! And the Battle Royal? Did we even interact in that match? Because in one of the worst moments of my career to date, I got eliminated from the match immediately after Bea Barnhart but according to you? The details behind these two matches don’t matter and that if I lose to you on Sunday I should be booted out of the title match!”

You’ve got it all wrong.

”All because of logic and common sense right? By that same notion, Mercedes shouldn’t have challenged you for the title twice but it’s not up to you, is it Kayla? You defend the title the bosses make your title matches! That’s how I understood it during my time as the Bombshell Roulette Champion!” I added as I scoffed. ”And I thought Krystal’s ego was out of control during her reign! You think the whole world revolves around you just because you hold gold? I’m sure there’s a joke to be made about billionaires there but to put it simply Kayla? No, it doesn’t! in fact? I think the cracks are starting to show Kayla and if you want solid proof of that? Look no further than your last title defence!”

The weakness is showing.

”We all remember how that turned out, don’t we Kayla? The bosses imposed a twenty-minute time limit on the match and to be frank? It was the only reason why you are still the champ!” I added as I moved the pointer to a picture of the closing moments of the match between Kayla and Melisa. ”The time limit expired after you had both hit your finishers on each other, that’s the whole reason why the title match at Blaze of Glory XI is a Triple Threat! The bosses want to see a winner to the match between you and Mel but because I’m the #1 Contender they made it a Triple Threat Match!” I added before moving the pointer to this year’s Blaze of Glory logo. ”I’ll save my comments for that match for when the time comes to promote it but Kayla? I don’t think there’s much time left in your second reign!”

Clock is ticking.

”Why? Well, let’s look at your opposition in the title match! In one corner you have a rookie sensation who took you to the limit just a few weeks ago! In the other corner you have a nice young woman who you’ve managed to piss off enough that she’s dropped all niceties with you! Me and Melissa have quite a bit in common, we’re both former Bombshell Roulette Champs and we’ve both faced you in multi-woman matches!” I added as I shook my head. ”Off course the key difference there is that Melissa beat you to become the new Bombshell Roulette Champion at last year’s Summer XXXTreme but again, I’ll be saving those comments for later! All you need to know is that your title reign is on its last legs Kayla and it’ll be me who’ll put it to sleep!”

A mercy killing.

”You can dismiss me as a challenger all you want Kayla but when I get the win over you on Sunday and set the tone for the Triple Threat Match at Blaze of Glory XI? Maybe then you’ll realize just how badly you fucked up when you made those comments!” I added as folded my arms. ”I dare you to prove me wrong on Sunday but when you beat me before? I was still new into my career as a Bombshell, that was the old me! You want to know what I have to say to that?” I added before moving the pointer back to my picture. ”Out with the old me, in with the new me!”

It's that simple.

”And that new me will be the one who ends your title reign Kayla! And if you still think of me as an easy win, why don’t you ask Alicia how her rematch against me went? Because I know she’ll have a lot to say about that match!” I added as I folded my arms. ”To make a long story short Kayla? This was originally just a chance for me to get back in the title picture but after you made those comments? You’ve managed something that no one else in SCW has to date, you pissed me off! And when you’re lying on the matt after losing the title to me? You’ll have no one to blame but yourself!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”If our non-title match on Sunday is meant to serve as a preview for the Triple Threat at Blaze of Glory? Then let it also serve as a preview of how your reign as Bombshell Internet Champion is about to end!” I added as I moved the pointer to my picture. ”That concludes today’s lesson on how it’s a bad idea to anger the nice ones, because they’ll be vicious when confronted! Come this Sunday Kayla? I’ll happily demonstrate just that as you bask in the glow of the Greek Angel’s light! See you in the ring bitch!”

I walked off as the scene fades.