Author Topic: “Squeaky Wheel.”  (Read 597 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Squeaky Wheel.”
« on: February 22, 2022, 06:59:00 PM »
Adrienne hasn’t had a great 2022 so far, she lost her first match of the year to Myra Rivers at Inception V and since then she hasn’t been booked once, frustrated at this turn of events Adrienne took to Twitter not only commenting on not being booked but openly wondering if SCW had forgotten that she was a roster member! Well, it didn’t take long for one half of the co-owners to see her tweet and unfortunately for the French Bombshell, it was Christian who took exception to being accused of being forgetful.

Christian’s answer was to book Adrienne in a match against Masque for the following week’s Climax Control! Whilst the mysterious bombshell was out of the Blast from the Past Tournament she was still a feared competitor to the point that she scared Mark Ward himself, has Adrienne really stepped in it this time? Or will the French rookie pull off the upset of the year and deal Masque her second loss in SCW?

Backstage at Climax Control 323, Primm, Nevada
Sunday the 20th of February 2022, 23:00pm

Somehow, I should’ve known that this was inevitable.

I’ll give you two guesses as to what I’m talking about and no, the second one doesn’t count! I just saw my fellow Go Gym Graduate Krystal Wolfe get screwed out of her Roulette Title reign and normally that would have me upset enough, but this is where things get complicated.

To make a long story short, Diamond and the Gem Stones were the culprits in screwing over Krystal, and yes that includes my girlfriend Emerald!

And just to make things worse, well, have you seen my Twitter feed this week? If you haven’t, well, I’ll give you the abridged version, I expressed a desire to do the thing I was hired by this company to do, you know, WRESTLE! But because I really chose my words poorly I got put in a match against Masque who was fresh off a first round loss in Blast from the Past and was so scary that Mark Ward was scared of her, did I mention that Christian booked that match?

Sacrifices must be made for me to do my job I guess.

“Err, Adrienne? Are you ready to go?” Katie asked as I watched the Main Event close out with a furious look on my face. “You know you can’t stand here glaring at the monitor all night, right?”

”I did notice how late it was getting Katie.” I responded as I glanced over at my manager before sighing. ”Frankly I just want to head home before I run into Penelope, because I know that I’m going to argue with her otherwise!”

“Arguments are bound to happen in every relationship Adrienne, but I can understand why you want to avoid one.” Katie sighed before motioning for me to follow her to the parking lot and I nodded before doing just that. “The relationship is barely three months old after all.”

”And if the relationship doesn’t even make it to my nineteenth birthday, let alone next year’s Valentine’s Day, I will never hear the end of it from my peers!” I nodded in response as I followed the older, taller woman. ”Maybe I’ll text her in the morning when I’ve cooled off a bit……..”

”HEY BABE!” Penelope’s voice rung out proving once and for all that I am just the mistress of jinxing myself, as if the results of me being so outspoken weren’t obvious enough examples of this! Penelope ran up to me before hugging me from the side and kissing me on the cheek, any other time I would’ve turned around to face her and returned the favour with a full on French kiss, but now? ”You’re going to kick ass against Masque next week! I know it!”

”Katie, please go on ahead, I’ll catch up.” I told my manager in a low voice and Katie nodded when she saw the look on my face before she ran off, once she was gone I pried myself from Penelope’s grasp and turned to face her. ”WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PENELOPE?!” I yelled loud enough to make several nearby stage hands jump but when they saw that it was a lover’s quarrel they paid us no mind.

But Penelope? She just gave me a confused look. ”What the hell was what?!” Penelope asked with a confused look, whether it was genuine or not was unknown to me but I doubt she was playing dumb. ”I thought you liked our public displays of affection?”

”Penelope, I know you just got your ass kicked by Krystal and Keira but DON’T PLAY DUMB!” I responded as I took several deep breaths glaring at the Scottish woman the whole while. ”You were just complicit in costing my friend her Roulette Title Reign! Do you know what that will do to my reputation at the Go Gym? The other graduates will start to question if I was in on the plan!”

Off course Penelope had to get defensive when I said that it was the only thing she could really do. ”Adrienne, that was nothing personal, I was following Diamond’s orders! That’s it!” Penelope insisted and I folded my arms in response because frankly? I’d sooner buy autographed used underwear from The Troll than believe that right now! ”Besides, the only people who knew of the plan were me and the rest of the Gem Stones, that’s it!”

”That may be true but do you think anyone’s going to buy it? We’ve been dating since before Christmas, and our relationship has already risen several questions about my loyalty to the Go Gym!” I snapped at her before the idea popped into my head, and like most things I said it without thinking. ”Who do you love more? Your bandmates or me?” I asked plainly and Penelope was clearly taken aback by that.

”Wha……..what are you saying?!” Penelope asked as tears started to well up in her eyes, frankly? I was getting teary eyed as well, I was just doing a better job at hiding it. ”Adrienne, please just listen to me!”

”DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU PENELOPE?!” I snapped at my girlfriend before taking several more deep breaths. ”You need to choose Penelope, either you leave the Gem Stones or our relationship is over! Because I fucking refuse to be associated with someone who blindly follows the orders of a scumbag like Diamond, am I fucking clear?!” I demanded before I went to storm off.

”Adrienne wait!” Emerald said as she reached out to me and put her hand on my left shoulder. ”Her reign was going on for too long anyway, she wasn’t championship material……..”

It was at that point that I span around and slapped Penelope, not nearly as hard as I could’ve because with my martial arts training? Yeah, I can slap really hard, but it was still enough to knock Penelope to the ground. ”Krystal poured her heart and fucking soul into that reign, which you and your moronic friends ruined in one night! DON’T YOU EVER SAY THAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS AGAIN!” I snapped at Penelope before storming off in a random direction leaving Penelope looking on stunned.

After a while I just stopped and slumped against a wall in the fetal position, don’t ask where I was in the arena, maybe I was near one of the locations that was used during the men’s Roulette Rules Match? I don’t know, but it wasn’t long before I was crying my eyes out, I would later find out that an hour had passed before Ms. Rocky Mountains lead Katie too me and I finally looked up. “You don’t need to explain anything Adrienne, Rocky told me about the nasty argument you had with Penelope.” Katie sighed as she sat next to me and offered me a handkerchief. “How are you feeling?”

”I feel terrible Katie, I knew me and Penelope would argue eventually but I slapped her! Because she bad mouthed Krystal.” I sobbed before taking the handkerchief and using it to wipe my eyes. ”I don’t know where she is right now, I left her on the floor after I slapped her.”

“She was still conscious, right?” Katie asked and I nodded knowing full well why she was asking that, not like it made me feel any better. “I’ve argued a lot with Caleb over the years, especially during that song parody phase he went through in late 2020, but it’ll work out, trust me!”

”Will it?” I asked as I brushed some hair away from my face. ”I told her that I wasn’t going to tolerate another incident like tonight, she needs to choose between me and the Gem Stones if she wants this relationship to continue.”

Katie’s expression was unreadable for a long time, I knew Caleb was part of a New York based metal band when he was still working the New York indies which had broken up not long after he hit the big time and I knew that Katie was their manager during that period so I had no idea what was going through her head. “You did the right thing Adrienne because what the Gem Stones did tonight was so out of line it wasn’t even funny.” Katie responded as she stood up and offered me her hand. “You just need to be prepared to follow through on that threat if Penelope does chose the Gem Stones.”

”I think I’m going to need more time to think on that.” I sighed before taking her hand and Katie pulled me up. ”But I never wanted my first serious relationship to end this way.”

“I know it hurts but these things happen.” Katie responded as she led me to her car. “Tell you what, once we’re back in Las Vegas I’ll take you to that expensive bakery you found the other week, my treat.”

”Are you serious?” I asked and once Katie nodded I pulled her into a tight hug, it wasn’t enough to make me feel completely better but it definitely lifted my spirits. ”Thanks Katie, I’ll have to pay you back though.”

“Don’t, I’m your manager remember? I need to keep you healthy for each match and that goes for your mental health as well!” Katie assured me and I nodded with a grin on my face. “Especially against someone like Masque.”

”Oui, I noticed, can we just get out of here?” I asked and Katie nodded before she led me out of the arena, as for what was going to happen between me and Emerald?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 21st of February 2022, 14:00pm

If you’re hoping for an update on the argument between me and Penelope then I’m afraid that I must disappoint you.

Truth is, me and Penelope haven’t talked much since I slapped the taste out of her mouth at the Star of the Desert Arena last night, not for lack of trying on her part as Penelope has been texting and calling me, I only answered once and well, she hung up when I brought up my ultimatum to her.

And off course, there’s the person who’s at the centre of the whole argument, whether the now former Bombshell Roulette Champion realizes it or not!

”Adrienne I like you and all but are you sure you want to spar with me?” Krystal asked as she rolled into the ring where I was waiting for her. ”I know you’ve got a match coming up on Climax Control on Sunday and anger at Emerald to work out, but do I really need to remind you of how my Bombshell Roulette Title reign ended last night?”

”I was in attendance last night remember? I saw that highway robbery clear as day.” I responded with a nod as I started warming up using the ring ropes. ”And that match is the whole reason why I’m angry at Emerald! If anything, we have a mutual hatred of the Gem Stones!”

”That sounds like as good an excuse as any to me.” Krystal nodded in understand before we started our sparring session, for a while we were treating it like any other spar session, me using my Martial Arts experience and Krystal using her strength and technical prowess, but then our mutual anger started to rise to the surface and we just stopped holding back after a while.

Fortunately for us, Ariana caught on and rolled into the ring to break it up. ”Guys, you remember that this is SUPPOSED to be a sparring match right?” Ariana asked as she got in between me and Krystal and places her hands on our shoulders. ”I get why your angry but there’s a line between working it out and trying to injure each other! And frankly I never thought I’d say that in the Go Gym!”

”You’re right, I’m sorry Adrienne……..” Krystal trailed off when she realized that I was already on my way to the women’s changing room, Krystal and Ari shared a look before they followed me into the changing room. ”Adrienne, you know you can talk to us about anything.”

”That’s rich coming from the woman who’s been fuming over her last match since she arrived.” I pointed out and Krystal went to counter my point but couldn’t find the words, simply leaning against one of the lockers with her arms crossed. ”I shouldn’t be here! Coming here was a mistake!”

”Adrienne you’ve got your first match since Inception V coming up on Sunday, against a woman so scary that Mark Ward is scared of her!” Ariana pointed out and Krystal nodded as I glanced at the two older women. ”And he was the one who signed Twisted Sister back in the day!”

”I thought signing the weirdos was more Christian’s department?” Krystal countered with a shrug and Ariana giggled at Krystal’s statement. ”Seriously Adrienne, you want to pull off that upset of the year right? Then you need to train! Why is coming here a mistake?”

”My mental health.” I sighed in response and Ari and Krystal shared uncomfortable looks, made sense really, their struggles with mental health wasn’t exactly a secret. ”I haven’t been in a great place mentally since I argued with Penelope at Climax Control last night, I thought that sparring with you would help me work it out but once we stopped holding back, I realized that it was hopeless.”

”Look, I’ve been wrestling longer than either you or Ari and my struggles with mental health have been front and centre of it, especially after I won the Bombshell Roulette Title.” Krystal stated as she let out a deep breath and I glanced up at her. ”Take it from me, your mental health issues won’t get better but the longer you wrestle, the better you get at managing it, it’s weird that way.” Krystal added and I nodded as I got the idea. ”My mental health was at its worst when I was in that losing streak around this time last year, but it finally started to get better when I won the title.”

”Is that why you got so angry at people when they accused you of getting a big head? And at the Gem Stones for ending your reign?” Ari asked before pausing to reconsider her second question. ”Beyond the fact that the title reign you’ve worked so hard at ended in such a way.”

”Basically yeah, and I’m still angry that the bosses are refusing to change their precious plans just because it was in place when I was still the champ!” Krystal nodded as she rolled her eyes. ”Because “Card Subject To Change” means fuck all these days! If they were even remotely interested in doing the right thing they’d make it a Triple Threat Match!”

”I thought the rule of thumb was “former champ goes to the back of the line?” Ari asked and Krystal scoffed in response. ”At least that’s the idea I got.”

”Hey here’s a great idea, let’s ask Jessie about her last Roulette Title Reign?” Krystal responded sarcastically and we all nodded knowing exactly what she meant. ”Back on topic, things will get better Adrienne, trust me on that.”

”I’ll take your word for that, for now let’s get back to training.” I responded as I stood up and the two older women nodded as we started to leave. ”I can’t sit in here and feel sorry for myself all the time.”

”Just remember what we said.” Ariana responded as we left the changing room and I glanced over at her. ”Me, Krystal, the other Go Gym Graduates,, we’re all here if you want a chat! Some might be colder than others like Tempest and Fenris but it’s worth a try.”

”No offence to them but there’s a long line of people who I’ll ask for help with that before Fenris and Tempest!” I nodded in response before we left the changing room, and no, Fenris and Tempest weren’t waiting for us on the other side of the changing room as I said that.

For one thing, I’m still able to walk!

Adrienne’s apartment, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 21st of February 2022, 18:30pm

I did manage to get past the mental health issues that hindered me early in the session and the rest of the day went by without a hitch, even so I was glad to be home.

Sure, compared to the multi-story houses that are owned by the other SCW Bombshells? My apartment may as well be a janitor’s closet! But I’m still new to the business and I’m sure I’ll be able to move to a bigger place eventually, but there’s just one problem with that.

I need to break this losing streak! It’s not as bad as Krystal’s losing streak from last year, I’ll give you that but my last win was my debut match against Chloe, and that was in late November!

So yeah, I need to focus.

”God, this is going to be a hell of a week!” I sighed to myself as I plopped down on my bed with my hands behind my head, no I don’t go to bed at 18:30 in the evening! Sure, sometimes I have a power nap if I feel especially tired after a day at the Go Gym but that wasn’t the case tonight, I was just feeling overwhelmed. ”All because I expressed a desire to wrestle on Social Media, what a joke!” I grunted before there was a knock at my door and I sat up, I wasn’t expecting anyone, especially as I had just got back from the Go Gym, and whilst I had been debating getting take out or cooking for myself, I hadn’t made my mind up on that either.

I got out of bed and went to answer the door, I guess I should’ve expected to see Katie after last night’s show. “I heard from Krystal that you had a rough time at the Go Gym today.” Katie stated and I let out a sigh before stepping aside to let Katie in. “Are you feeling okay?”

”That’s an understatement.” I sighed before Katie entered the apartment and I closed the door behind her. ”My first sparring session was with Krystal, she was obviously upset over how her reign ended last night and between that and my argument it would’ve ended in disaster if Ari hadn’t stepped in to cook us off, at which point I stormed off to the women’s changing rooms to clear my head.”

“Krystal filled me in on the rest, she did have a point about your mental health.” Katie nodded with a frown as she shifted her weight. “And considering how fucked up her childhood was, it’s a miracle that her mental health isn’t any worse! But at the same time, I don’t think she was in the right state mentally to comment on that.”

”And I don’t think I need to ask why you think that.” I nodded with a frown as we entered the living room and I sat down on the couch. ”At least you’re doing a better job managing me than Matthew and Marty are at managing Krystal!”

“You realize how low that bar is, right?” Katie asked with a chuckle and I nodded with a grin. “Hell, Matthew’s a former wrestler and Marty has been a manager for years! I’ve never even wrestled a match, what’s their excuse?”

”Maybe the fact that they are blatantly trying to mould Krystal into their image whilst you are letting me be myself?” I offered as an explanation and Katie nodded as she got the idea. ”You know, warts and all, you did relent on taking over my Twitter for my SCW stuff.”

“That was because I wanted to stop you from digging yourself any further into the ground, I know you were frustrated but calling the bosses forgetful was asking for trouble.” Katie explained and I nodded in agreement as I started tying my hair up in a ponytail. “And I’m not even touching the comparisons people were making to Hayley Hensley.”

”What the hell did I do to earn comparisons to her?! The only thing we have in common is that we’re LGTBQ women who happen to be wrestlers, only I want to wrestle and Hayley does everything she can to avoid wrestling!” I pointed out with a frustrated grunt and Katie nodded in agreement as I shifted my weight. ”And don’t get me started on Hayley’s idea of trash talk! I’d never stoop that low, no matter who I faced off against!”

“Trust me Adrienne, if you ever did make jokes that Hayley would laugh at I would read you the riot act for hours on end.” Katie assured me and I nodded knowing that she would be right to call me out on this. “And that would be if I was in a good mood! Luckily for you, you have a good head on your shoulders, even if you should really install a filter on your thoughts, or at the very least run any wrestling related tweets by me first.”

”Well excuse me for wanting to wrestle.” I grumbled under my breath and Katie shook her head. ”Right now all I can do is focus on my match against Masque on Sunday.”

“Just be ready to give Masque the fight of your life.” Katie nodded before she stood up and made her way over to the kitchen. “I’m guessing you haven’t had a chance to get started on dinner, right?”

”I was debating getting takeout or cooking for myself since I returned from the Go Gym, but your arrival prevented me from making up my mind.” I nodded in response as Katie entered the kitchen. ”Do you want me to cook with you?”

“No, you take it easy, I’ll whip you something up.” Katie assured me and I gave her a surprised look. “I don’t have the benefit of having a dad who’s a classically trained French chef, but I have picked up a few tips from watching YouTube Channels like SortedFood.”

”Ahh, I see you’re a fellow woman of culture!” I joked getting a laugh out of Katie as she started cooking dinner for us.

Local wrestling podcast, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 21st of February 2022, 11:00am

*promo time*

Here we go.

“Welcome back to Wrestle to Inspire! Our next guest is one of the youngest members of the Sin City Wrestling roster and one of the few French wrestlers in mainstream wrestling, please welcome “The French Rose” Adrienne Beaufort!” The host introduced me and I grinned in response. “Adrienne, I have given you permission to use my podcast for your SCW promo this week and you have quite a task ahead of you on Sunday night!”

”You can say that again Michael! In my first Climax Control match of 2022 I will be facing the mysterious and frightening Masque in her first match since she was eliminated from the Blast from the Past Tournament earlier this month.” I explained with a nod as I leaned forward. ”I haven’t won a match since my SCW and wrestling debut back in November and I need to turn that around.”

“Easier said than done considering who your up against.” Michael responded and I nodded before Michael moved on to his first question. “You caused quite a stir when you tweeted about not being booked, what are your thoughts on that?”

”What was I supposed to say? I signed up to SCW so I could wrestle and I wanted to wrestle! My last match was in January!” I explained as I threw my hands up in disbelief. ”I know I could’ve worded that better but I couldn’t just stand by and say nothing! And as for the comparisons to Hayley Hensley, that’s a joke! Not only have I never even thought about making the kind of jokes that she finds funny but I actually want to wrestle, she does everything in her power to avoid wrestling.”

“I have to admit, you have a good point there, but those statements ended in you being booked against the dreaded Masque.” Michael pointed out and I nodded in response. “What are your thoughts heading into this match?”

”I’m not about to deny that Masque is a scary wrestler, Mark Ward is scared of her for crying out loud!” I pointed out and Michael nodded before taking a sip from his drink. ”But I’m entering this match with two mindsets, either I pull off the upset of the year or I suffer another loss, and I have a losing streak to break so I think it’s obvious which of those outcomes I’d prefer to see play out!”

“One last thing before I give you the floor to do your promo, it’s well known that you’ve been dating Emerald of the Gem Stones and……..” I promptly put my hand up for him to stop, that was still a sore spot for me. “Err, I wanted to know what the status was following the events of Climax Control 323.”

”All you need to know is that there was an argument between me and Penelope, and we haven’t spoken since Sunday Night.” I told him bluntly and Michael nodded in understanding. ”Now, are you going to continue pressing sore spots or can I proceed with my promo?”

“Floors all yours Adrienne.” Michael nodded as he backed off. “Go ahead.” Michael added and I nodded before starting on my promo.

”What is that American saying? Squeaky wheel gets the grease? I feel like that with this match against Masque, this wheel isn’t getting grease, rather it’s being set on fire.” I commented as I shifted my weight. ”But that’s the price I pay for not being afraid to speak my mind I guess! This Sunday’s match against Masque is just as much a punishment to for daring to speak out as it is a response by a vindictive boss to a request for a match, wouldn’t it be a shame if that punishment backfired completely?”

It would be a pity.

”On paper, this should be an easy win for Masque, to the point that everyone that knows her has been predicting my demise.” I added before shaking my head with a laugh. ”But to paraphrase another famous quote, the predictions of my demise have been highly exaggerated! This is the wrestling business and not everything is set in stone, a team of newcomers who everyone thought would be out of round one of Blast from the Past are now through to the Semi-Finals and have defeated not one but two World Bombshell Champions along the way, including the reigning champion, if Jaycee McDonald and Levana Cade can pull that off, what’s stopping me from doing the same against Masque?”

Nothing.

”Granted my match against Masque doesn’t have the same stakes as the Blast from the Past Tournament Matches but I think the comparison is apt, don’t you?” I asked rhetorically as brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Besides, Masque has only just made her SCW debut, this is her second singles match in the company so if you ask me, everyone who is predicting my demise at Masque’s prosthetic hand needs a reality check because whilst I did debut against Chloe Benton and am the same age as her and we are of the same experience level, I’m not the same wrestler as Chloe Benton! I was trained at one of the best training schools in the country, I actually know how to win a match, hell I won my debut against Chloe, if you’re expecting this match to go down like all of Chloe’s matches then you clearly haven’t seen me wrestle!”

I commented as I shook my head.

”Here’s my point Masque, yes I am an eighteen year old rookie wrestling her fourth match against a woman sop terrifying that one of SCW’s co-owners likely signed her contract whilst hiding behind the sofa! But that doesn’t mean that I should be underestimated by you or anyone else on the Bombshell Roster.” I commented as I shook my head. ”I know I have a lot to learn, especially about not getting on the bad side of the two men who sign my paycheques! But the only way I can learn effectively is to wrestle and if that means being put up against the likes of Masque for the rest of my rookie year? Fine, as long as I get a chance to improve my craft in the ring, that’s all that matters!”

It's that simple.

”In today’s shocking breaking news story: wrestler wants to wrestle! I’ll give you a minute to get over that mind breakingly huge revelation!” I commented sarcastically before waiting a literal minute. ”And sarcasm mode is officially over! Masque, they put me in this match to punish me but all they really did was inspire me to push myself even harder to prove that I belong against the likes of you! You may be scary right now but once I’ve dealt you your first singles loss? You’ll be as scary as a mid-season Scooby Doo villain! From the worst seasons of Scooby-Doo: Where Are You? Only thing that will be left to do is unmask the monster of the week!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Except I’m not going to do that, instead I’ll just leave you scrambling to regain any and all credibility you had after I beat you Masque!” I commented as I shifted my weight. ”You portray yourself as a wrestler so terrifying that Mark Ward is scared shitless at the mere mention of your name, well for starters, Masque, Masque, Masque, Masque, MASQUE, Masque, Masque, is that triggering enough? And second, after I beat you Masque the only person left who will be scared of you is Chloe Benton but in the meantime you had best remember that whilst “The French Rose” Adrienne Beaufort is beautiful in bloom, you should beware her sharp thorns!”

The podcast continued as the scene fades.