Author Topic: A Blaze Reignites  (Read 225 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
A Blaze Reignites
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »

Thursday June 8th
McCarran International Airport
Las Vegas, Nevada

It’s been a long couple of weeks for the Seven Deadly Sins, perhaps the longest and most stressful being this week alone.  Following Into The Void V, instead of flying straight back to Las Vegas like most everyone else would be doing, they had to stay behind in Tokyo, at least for a few days.  Why, you might ask?  Because following his hard fought battle against J2H for the World Heavyweight Championship, Despayre was complaining that his head hurt, and because he was taking no chances, Synn immediately took him to be checked out.  And while Rage and Kittie had elected to stay behind with them, in case they was needed, Rage insisted that Phil and Maddie head back home to Las Vegas and he would let them know about Despayre’s condition as soon as he heard anything.

Flash forward a few days later, and while Despayre’s condition wasn’t being made public as of yet, he was cleared to fly back home.  And their flight had made a safe landing just a short while ago.  As they’re making their way through the airport after getting their luggage from the luggage carousels, Rage’s phone starts to ring inside his pocket.

Kittie: Jesus, you’re not even out of the airport yet and your brother is calling you.

Rage lets out a sigh as he reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone.  He sees that Kittie was right in her assumption.  Phillip is the one calling him, so Rage doesn’t hesitate to answer the phone.

Rage:  Phil, we’ll be home in a---dude, slow down!  What the fuck is going on?!

Kittie, Synn and Despayre all stop and stare at Rage as his panic mode becomes more apparent.  He listens to his brother speaking on the other end, and as he does his eyes slowly narrow and it looks as if he is going to lose his shit.  

Kittie: Rage?  What’s going on?

Rage: Relax, Phil.  We’re on our way and we’ll be there soon.  And don’t let her into the fucking house!

Rage quickly ends the call and puts the phone back in his pocket.  Synn only has to take one look at Rage to know exactly what is going on, but the confused look on Kittie’s face signals that Rage still hadn’t told Kittie about his little problem.

Rage: Synn, you and Despayre go ahead and go without us.  I need to talk to Kittie for a second.

Synn lets out a sigh but he nods his head.

Synn: Come on, Joshua.  Let’s get you home so you can get some rest.

Despayre: But...I want to know what’s going on!

Rage frowns as he turns his attention to Despayre.

Rage: Just ask Angel.  I’m sure he’ll somehow know later.

Despayre: Good point!

Synn gives Rage one last glance before he and Despayre head away from Rage and Kittie, ready to get back home.  Kittie is still staring at Rage, however she’s more confused now, but the slightly angry expression on her face says that she doesn’t have a good feeling about what he’s about to tell her.

Kittie: Who don’t you want Phil to let in the house?  What the hell is going on now?!

Rage closes his eyes, not at all looking forward to telling Kittie that Electra seems to be trying to get back into his life.  Knowing what happened last time she was around, Kittie would have every right to flip out.  He opens his eyes and holds his hands up.

Rage: Look, before I tell you, just...don’t fucking flip out, okay?  I’m handling the--

Kittie: Just spit it out, goat face!  I’m pretty sure I already know who the fuck this is about, because your whole attitude is a dead fucking give away.

Rage frowns and he lets out a growl, ready to get this over with.

Rage: Alright, fine.  A couple of weeks before Into The Void, apparently Electra showed up at the house when we were in Japan.  Obviously since I trashed my car and she never met Phil, she thought she had the wrong house, but Phil said she’s there right now so--

Kittie: That fucking psycho bitch!  She just doesn’t give up does she?!

People in the airport turn and stare as Kittie shouts and makes a scene.  Rage shakes his head, but he doesn’t seem to care that people are staring.

Rage: Apparently not, but like I said, I’m gonna handle this, alright?!  I don’t know what the fuck she wants this time, but it’s not gonna work and I’m gonna make that clear to her like I did last time!

Kittie: Maybe you should let me handle her this time, asshole.  Unless of course you suddenly want to protect her for some reason?!

Rage’s jaw drops and he stares at Kittie, shocked.

Rage: You’re fucking joking, right?!  I wish that crazy bitch would have stayed gone!  She brings nothing but chaos into my life, and I’m not really ready to deal with her shit again right now!

Kittie rolls her eyes, and she turns and gets ready to walk away.

Rage: You seriously don’t believe me, do you?

Kittie: Why the hell should I?  You waited how long to tell me she showed up at the house, so there must be a reason for it.

Rage: Yeah, because I didn’t want to deal with your shit either!  I’m capable of handling this without you making things worse!

Kittie spins around and glares at Rage and she flips him the bird.

Kittie: I’ll stay at Synn’s house tonight, I think.  That’ll give you a chance to deal with your psychotic ex-girlfriend.

Rage’s eyes nearly bug out of his head as he stares at Kittie in shock.  She grabs her luggage and spins back around.

Rage: You can’t be serious right now, Kittie?!  If you’re trying to imply that--

Kittie: Save it, goat face.  I don’t really give a shit right now.

Kittie starts briskly walking away from Rage, not giving him another chance to defend himself.  Rage stands there, still in shock, and he grabs his luggage and he grits his teeth, letting out a loud growl.

Rage: This is why I should just stay the fuck away from these crazy bitches.  Always making my life fucking complicated!

He shakes his head as he starts walking towards the airport exit, hoping to get a cab quickly so he can go deal with whatever drama Electra’s return has caused.

Flash forward about twenty minutes later and Rage’s cab is pulling up into his driveway.  He immediately spots Electra standing outside, looking noticeably different than the last time he had seen her. Phil and Maddie are standing in her way on the front porch, refusing to let her near the house.  When the cab pulls into the drive, all three turn their attention to Rage as he pays the driver and exits the backseat with his luggage in tow.  Electra smiles briefly as she sees Rage, but he drops his bags on the ground as she starts approaching him, and the cab driver pulls away.

Electra: Rage, I...I know you’re surprised--

Rage: Surprised?  SURPRISED?!  No, I’m fucking LIVID, Electra!

She backs away momentarily, seeing just how angry Rage is.  Rage quickly looks past her to Phil and Maddie.

Rage: Phil, take Maddie inside.  I’ll deal with her.

Phil: I dunno, bro.  I don’t think--

Rage: Just go inside!  

Phil holds his hands up defensively for a moment before he takes Maddie by the arm and leads her inside.  Once the door is closed, Rage snaps his attention back to Electra, slowly and menacingly walking his way towards her.

Rage: Look, I don’t know why the fuck you’re here, but I don’t fucking care.  If powerbombing you through that table wasn’t enough, there’s much worse I could do to get it through your crazy fucking head that you and me?  There’s no future for us!  I don’t want you, Electra!

Electra shakes her head.

Electra: Rage, that’s not...Look, I know last time we saw each other, I did some despicable things, but--

Rage: Gee, you fucking think?!  If I was smart, I would have let Kittie come here to deal with you herself since last time she never really got the fucking chance!  Like I said, I don’t care why the fuck you’re here.  Just go back to whereever you have been the last two years and stay the fuck out of my life.

Electra: So...you and Kittie are still together then?

Rage closes his eyes and lets out a loud frustrated growl.

Rage: Who I’m with is NONE of your fucking business, Electra!  So stop asking questions and get your ass off my property!

Electra lets out a sigh and takes a step back, but she doesn’t let..yet.

Electra: Relax, Rage.  It was just a question.  I’m just...surprised is all.  But, again, that’s not why I’m here.  I have a much more important reason--

Rage: I...DON’T...FUCKING...CARE!  I don’t want to hear a fucking word you have to say, alright?  Now, I’m going to go inside my house.  I’m going to take a nice long hot shower and when I get out, you better be fucking gone, because if you’re not?  Trust me, it won’t be good news for you.

Electra: But Rage...

Rage just snarls at Electra one last time before she jumps back and holds her hands up defensively.  Rage  picks up his bags and walks up to his front door, quickly disappearing inside.  Once he’s out of sight, Electra lets out a sigh and stands there for a few moments, debating her next move.

Electra: I can’t give up now.  I just have to find some way to get him to listen to me.

She shakes her head for a moment before she turns and walks over to her rental car.  She gets behind the wheel, roars the engine to life and the drives off a few moments later.

Sunday June 19th
After Climax Control
Synn’s House

Flash forward ten days later.  All has been quiet on the Electra front after Rage’s confrontation with his at times unpredictable and unstable ex-girlfriend.  And while she has been wise to head his warning not to come back around, Rage has been on his guard since then.  But now it’s time to for the big man to deal with another problem involving the female persuasion.  This time, with his current girlfriend, and perhaps more dangerous than Electra...Kittie!

You see, for the past ten days, ever since they returned from Japan and Kittie found out about the newest Electra problem, Kittie has been staying in one of Synn’s many guest bedrooms.  She has been avoiding Rage’s calls, and avoiding the big man all together when he stopped by to try and talk to her, but Rage has had enough.  He’d given Kittie more than enough time to stew in her anger, or whatever she was doing, but it was all over after tonight.

The one hundred and fiftieth edition of Climax Control has come and gone, and what a show it was.  It proved to be everything and more and after Synn, Despayre and Rage made a quick detour to Rage’s house to drop off Aggie, they returned to Synn’s place with Sebastian in tow.  Rage was still sporting the battle wounds from Sebastian earlier in the night, and if the rest of the night goes as he thinks it will, he may get more from Kittie as well.  

Despayre: Hey Uncle Rage!  You want to carry Sebastian inside for me?!

Rage stops and stares at Despayre, shaking his head.

Rage: Despy, have you NOT seen what that beast did to my ankles?!  I’d rather he not do the same to my arms and face, thank you very much!

Synn lets out a chuckle as Despayre holds up Sebastian’s carrier.

Despayre: Uhh, hellloooo...He’s in his carrier!  And Sebastian is innocent of those charges!  There was no witness to that attack!

Rage: First off, that little bugger can get his paw out through that front of that door and claw up my hand.  And two, yes there was!  Pussy Willow was there!

Despayre shakes his head.

Despayre: She was outside the locker room when this so called attack happened.  Quit trying to frame poor Sebastian!

Rage goes to respond in his defense, again, but Synn clears his throat.  Rage turns his attention to Synn, seeing his mentor and manager just shaking his head slowly, and the big man just rolls his eyes, having no choice but to concede in this debate.  

Despayre: So...are you spending the night tonight?!

Rage turns his and looks at Despayre as the three of them walk up to the front door.

Rage: I doubt it.  I’m just here to talk to Kittie, whether she wants me to or not.  I’ll probably end up leaving with sh….stuff still in a mess.

Despayre: Oh!  I was just wondering because Angel said I’d probably need earplugs tonight.

Rage is left speechless as Despayre quickly burst through the front door and skips inside without another word.  Rage turns to Synn, who is just shaking his head.

Rage: Think we’ll ever find out how that bear talks to him?

Synn shakes his head.

Synn: Best to leave it be one of life’s greatest mysteries.

Rage sighs and shakes his head as he follows behind Synn into the house.  Once inside they see Kittie seated on the sofa in the large main living room.  When she spots Rage walking inside, she frowns and immediately stands up from the sofa.

Kittie: Oh hell.  I’m gonna call it an early night.

Rage: Oh come on!

Kittie just flips off Rage as she turns and starts heading upstairs.

Kittie: I’ll see you guys at breakfast in the morning!

Rage turns to Synn.

Rage: She’s not getting away that easily.  I’ll break the door if she tries to lock the damn thing.

Synn: Now hold on a minute---

Rage: Oh relax.  I’ll pay for any damages.

Synn lets out a sigh as Rage sets his bag down and heads up the stairs towards the guest bedroom that Kittie is staying in.  He reaches for the handle, and as he expected, it’s locked.  He lets out a loud growl as he pounds on the door.

Rage: Kittie!  Kittie, would you open up the damn door and let me in?!

Rage receives no response.  Not even so much as an angry “No!” follows, and he pounds on the door again.

Rage: You can’t avoid me forever!  You’ve had ten days to get over this bullshit, so come on and open the damn door.  I’ll break the door down if I have to!

Kittie can be heard laughing from inside, but she still refuses to open the door.

Rage: I already told Synn I’d pay for any damages, so don’t think I won’t do it!  You’d make it a hell of a lot easier on both of us if you just let me in and hear me out!

Footsteps are finally heard approaching the door and a few moments later, the door can be heard unlocking, but when Kittie opens the door, she only opens it a crack so she can glare out at Rage.

Kittie: Go away, goat face!  I’ve got nothing to say to you!

Rage: You’ve got nothing to say, but I do!  So just let me in so I can talk without everyone else being able to hear me.

Kittie laughs.

Kittie: They’d be able to hear you anyway.  You’re never quiet about anything, idiot!  Now GO AWAY!

Kittie attempts to shut the door, but all it takes is Rage’s palm on the door and he can push his way inside easily.  Kittie is none-to-pleased, but Rage closes the door behind him, locking it again and getting rolls her eyes, letting out a snort.

Kittie: I know how to unlock a door, dumbass.  I can leave if I want to.

Rage: You can try, but I’m standing in front of this door until you fucking hear me out!

Kittie lets out a sigh and she turns around heading over to the bed.  She plops down on the four post king size bed and just stares up at the ceiling, pretending as if Rage isn’t there.

Rage: Look...I know I should have told you about this Electra bullshit, but even if I had, you would have been pissed off!  I’m handling it, and I made it clear to her that I don’t give a shit what she wants.  If I wanted to get back together with her, don’t you think I would have given in the last time she came around?!

Kittie rolls her eyes, but she doesn’t look at Rage when she responds.

Kittie: Didn’t stop you whipping your dick out for her, though, did it?

Rage lets out a growl.

Rage: I can’t believe you’re even using that shit against me because we weren’t even a thing when that happened!

Kittie: Like it even matters?!  We all know you can’t resist her when she comes around.

Rage: I resisted her this time, didn’t I?!  I took out a fucking restraining order on her!

Kittie raises her head up to look towards Rage, a genuine look of shock on her face.

Kittie: Fucking seriously?

Rage nods.

Rage: I’m not taking any chances this time, Kittie.  I powerbombed her through a table last time, and I know she hasn’t forgotten that shit.  And with Phil living with me now, I’m not taking any chances that she’ll go after him or Maddie.  I’d love nothing more than to kill the bitch, but I can’t take it that fucking far.

Kittie: Has she been served the restraining order?

Rage reluctantly shakes his head.

Rage: Bitch knows how to stay hidden apparently.  But don’t worry about it, they’ll find her and she’ll get served the damn restraining order.

Kittie: And you really think that will stop her?

Rage: Probably not, but I’ll fucking handle it.  I just wish you wouldn’t be so fucking pissed off at me!  I’m actually trying to get a handle on this situation before it gets out of control like last time, and you think I’m just going to jump into bed with her or something.

Kittie lays her head back down on the pillow and just shrugs.

Kittie: Look, I don’t give a shit what you do, goat face.  I know there’s always been something about that psycho bitch that you just can’t seem to resist for long.  And you and me?  Well, there’s never really been a label on it anyway, so go ahead.  You’re free to do whatever, and whoever, the hell you want.

Rage stands there for a moment, lost for words.  He opens his mouth and tries to speak, but he can’t, and Kittie sits up, shakes her head and lets out a laugh.

Kittie: You don’t have to say anything, Rage. Our little arrangement was good while it lasted, but I think it’s time we just end whatever it is.  I’ll still walk out to the ring with you and Synn, but that’s as far as it will go.

Rage still stands froze for a moment.  He stares at Kittie, just blinking his eyes and then he scratches his head.  After a long silence, and some thinking on Rage’s part, he walks over to the side of the bed that Kittie is on and he glares down at her.  She refuses to look up at him as she pulls her knees into her chest.  Everything is still awkwardly silent for about another minute until Rage finally breaks it.

Rage: I call bullshit.

Kittie lets out a slight laugh and then looks up at him.

Kittie: I’m sorry, what?

Rage: You heard me.  I’m calling bullshit right now.  I think I know you well enough to know that’s not what you really want.  I can tell just by the damn look on your face!

Kittie: But it’s what you want, right?  I’m not fucking stupid.

Rage rolls his eyes and shakes his head again.  A few moments later he reaches down, grabbing her by her shoulders and he lifts her up off the bed, setting her down right in front of him, but she refuses to look at him.

Rage: Do you honestly think if that is what I really wanted that I would have put up with you constantly pushing my buttons for the last year and a half?  I may be an asshole, but I’m not THAT big of an asshole where I’d stay around just for the damn sex.

Kittie looks up at, confused and slightly speechless.  Her jaw drops a little and she goes to say something, but Rage puts his hand over her mouth, quieting her.

Rage: Shut up, alright?  Just...stop.  Here’s what’s gonna happen.  You’re gonna stop fucking ignoring me.  We’re gonna head back to our place, lock ourselves in the damn bedroom for the night and then later in the week we’re gonna head to Laughlin and you’re going to walk out to the ring with me and Synn when I beat the shit out of Matt Spears in this next title defense.  Got it?

Kittie raises an eyebrow as Rage lowers his hand.  He half expects her to argue with him some more, but she just grins and then points to the bed behind them.

Kittie: There’s a bed right here you know, idiot...

Rage stares at her, then looks at the bed before he shakes his head.

Rage: You’re fucking kidding me, right?  I don’t really feel like dealing with Despy’s comments tomorrow with as loud as you are.

Kittie: You’re the one who can’t be---

Rage suddenly picks up Kittie and just tosses her on the bed before he takes his shirt off and throws it on the floor.

Rage: Ahh fuck it...

Kittie grins again as Rage crawls on the bed on top of her, bringing his lips to hers and the rest...well, let’s leave that up to the imagination!

I did it.  I fucking did it.  I went into that triple threat match against Dmitri and Casey Williams and proved every single asshole that doubted my ability to defend MY Internet Championship past the first defense.  Yeah, that’s aimed at that piece of shit Tommy Knocks.  Kiss my ass, Tommy, because this Internet Championship ain’t going nowhere, and I don’t give a fuck what you or anyone else says.  Though I’m sure you’ll get a hard on now that Kain is back and probably expect him to take the title from me, right?  Unless of course you actually think that Matt Spears stands a chance this week.

Matt Spears.  Matt...fucking...Spears.  When I saw the card for this week’s show, I wasn’t all that surprised to see my name in the main event, but color me fucking furious that my opponent was Matt Spears.  Guy loses his shot at the Roulette championship at Into The Void and what do ya know, that automatically qualifies him for a fucking shot at a higher title…MY title?!  Someone explain to me how that shit makes sense, because I can’t figure it out for the life of me.

I gotta be honest here.  I haven’t paid much attention to Matt Spears, because, up until now anyway, I had no damn reason to pay attention to him.  After I heard that I’d be defending my title against him, that practically forced me to go back and see what this guy is all about.  And you know what I found?  

A huge fucking headache!

Seriously, who the fuck is this guy?  Is he Matt Spears?  Is he Jon Dough?!  I tried to pay attention to try and figure it out, but I fucking went cross-eyed and gave up before I destroyed another damn laptop.

Matt, let me make something very clear to you.  You don’t deserve a shot at my title.  Hell, you don’t deserve a shot at ANY title, but I’m not the one calling the shots now am I?  I don’t know why you are getting this shot, or what they see in you.  Then again, maybe they’re just making you my next opponent so I can have guaranteed successful defense.  I don’t fucking know, but I don’t really give a shit either.  All I know, and all that matters, is that once we step into that ring, you’re going to get the beating of a fucking lifetime, because if there is one thing that pisses me off more than anything else, it’s when undeserving pieces of shit like you get title shot after title shot.

Just ask Casey Williams what happens.

You and Casey seem to have a lot in common so far, Matt.  You might not have been in SCW for as long as Casey, but you’ve got the same damn reputation so far.  You’ve been given opportunity after opportunity and you end up...choking.  You blow your fucking chance at actually accomplishing something here in SCW, and guess what Matt?  It ain’t about to change now.  There’s no chance in fucking HELL that I’d let you get a win over me and take my title in the process.  It’d be a fucking embarrassment, so I’m gonna do everything in my power to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Luckily for me I won’t have to try very hard.

So, Matt, you can do all your preparations.  Go train in that lame ass dojo of yours, with your Master or your Sensei or whatever the fuck it is you do.  No matter what you do, you’re just going to walk away disappointed, and me?  I’ll move on as I’ve got bigger, much more annoying fish to try.  You see, I can handle having a target painted on my back.  It comes with being a champion.  The Internet Championship might not come with as big a target as being the World Heavyweight Champion, but I treat it as if it does.  

Would you be able to do that, Matt?  Stupid question on my part, probably, because we all know the answer to that is no.  Certain people have no faith in me to defend a title successfully because of the one flaw in my record?  Better to have faith in me than in someone who just can’t get the fucking job done no matter what he does.

After you lose on Sunday, Matt, you better take your worthless as back to the end of the line for ANY fucking title, because losing two chances in a row?  Well, it’ll just prove you don’t deserve it and you never will.  I don’t care who your friends and mentors are, because my friends and mentors are a lot more successful than yours have ever been or will ever be.

Think about everything I’ve said to you, Matt.  Think about it long and hard, because if you choose to ignore it and underestimate me, or walk into this match thinking you actually stand a fucking chance?  Well, it’ll only make things worse for you in the end.  

I’ll see you Sunday, jackass!