Author Topic: ∞The Measuring Stick  (Read 350 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞The Measuring Stick
« on: November 13, 2015, 11:49:12 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;"> <text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 6
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: HIGH
SCENE i
REC•

The JFK airport was packed full of people; people that Mikah herself did NOT want to associate with.  But the things she would do for her friends was beyond her control.  She sighs as she stands off to the side, leaving a gap between herself and the other people that were standing in the same terminal, waiting for their loved ones.  She looked annoyed but that was just because some people didn't understand what deodorant or a shower was.

Christian Othniel was one lucky man.  He was lucky because Mikah was braving the creeps that were living in New York City.  She sighs, rather impatiently before checking the time on her Samsung Galaxy S6 before seeing that Christian was set to arrive any minute.  She smiles a bit as she sees people start to arrive and she waits as patiently as she can before she finally sees Christian Othniel walk around the corner.  A smile brightens her face and she runs over to him and hugs the man she calls her best friend; the man she hadn't seen in months.  He returns the hug, a smug smile on his face.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œMissed me, didn't ya?”

She smiles at him as she releases him from the hug as they go to pick up his luggage from the baggage claim.

;;Mikah  â€œNot nearly as much as you missed me.”

He just laughs a bit as they walk, step by step to the baggage claim.  They were totally two different people but for some reason, they just clicked as best friends.  He'd been with her for most of her career after they met in a company that is no longer around and she had joined the stable that destroyed said company.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œMan, I don't know how you can stand traveling on airplanes so often.  It kills.”

Mikah chuckles as they look through the luggage before watching as he grabbed his one, singular suitcase.

;;Mikah  â€œWell, when you're as popular as me, things like that are called for.  Plus, I'm the TOP star that Sin City Wrestling has to offer.”

She'd always been full of herself, that had never been apart of the problem.  However, staying interested in something sometimes took a toll on her.  But she loved SCW with her entire being and often put it first in front of everything else in her life.  They walk out of the airport and to Mikah's 2016 Ford mustang and she pops the trunk so he could put his suitcase in there before they both got inside.

;;Mikah  â€œIs there anything you want to do specifically?  I mean, I don't know how many times you've been to the Big Apple.  Or if you can handle it.”

He shrugs as she carefully pulls away from the airport, ready to start the afternoon right.  But she didn't know what his plans were exactly.  She didn't want to push anything either.  She wanted him to enjoy New York City and not feel as if she was being pushy.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œI don't know, this is your place of living.  You know all the hot spots.”

She lets a real smile cross her face as she drives carefully through the busy city before heading toward Leighton's school.  She'd be out in roughly fifteen minutes or so and Mikah wanted to surprise Leighton.  Leighton completely adored Christian, even if Mikah loved to tell Christian that Leighton definitely didn't remember him and often confused him with Jacob Mitchell.  Jacob Mitchell, by definition was basically the reason that Mikah and Christian were friends now.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œWhere we at, Miks?”

She smiles at him as they park in front of Leighton's middle school.  It was a middle school that cost a pretty penny and the best one for a child Leighton's age to go to in New York City.  She smiles again over at Christian.

;;Mikah  â€œThis is where Leighton goes to school.  Thought you might want to pick her up with me.”

She turned the engine off before getting out of the car, not giving him time to respond.  She had a ten year old to greet in a few short minutes.  She winks at her best friend as she moves to the sidewalk and leans against the car.  Christian soon follows suit, getting out and leaning against the car next to Mikah.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œHow much does this school cost you?”

She looks at him, an eyebrow raised.  Did he really want to know how much the school cost her?  Or was he just making small talk to  talk?  She wasn't quite sure because sometimes he was hard to read.

;;Mikah  â€œAre you sure you want to know, Christian?”

She raises her eyebrow in his direction.  She'd leave it up to him to decide that before she told him.  Just because he asked something, didn't mean that shew as actually going to tell him.  She had money pouring out of her ears and it wasn't even from SCW.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œOf course I do.  I wouldn't have asked otherwise.”

He shoves his hands into the front pockets of his jeans as he looks over at Mikah.  She sighs before running a hand through her blonde locks and tilts her head to look at him again.

;;Mikah  â€œIt's a lot of money but it's worth it.  It's the best academic school for her age.  And has a lot of opportunities for extracurricular activities.”

Christian smirked a bit at Mikah before nudging her with his shoulder a bit.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œIt's not enough that you have to be the best at everything that you're now forcing Leighton to be the best too?”

He winks at her and she laughs a bit.  It was kind of ironic how Mikah had the need to just be the best at everything she did and it was funny how she hadn't even realized that by placing Leighton in an elite school was sort of instilling her way of living into Leighton.

;;Mikah  â€œI suppose it is. . .but wouldn't you want the best for her?”

She holds her breath a bit as she watches him, watches as he ponders the question over in his brain.  She relaxes as he finally nods his head in agreement, that it is what he wanted for Leighton.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œOf course.  She wouldn't be anything like me if she wasn't the best at everything.”

He winked at her again and she this time rolled her eyes at him.  But she didn't correct him, either.

;;Mikah  â€œSometimes, I'd like to smack you, Christian.”

He just rolls his eyes at her as the doors open and students start to literally pour out of them.  Mikah scans the crowd, looking for her ten year old child.  Sometimes, Mikah felt panic when Leighton wasn't one of the first ones out but her fear usually subsided the moment her eyes landed on her beautiful daughter.  She smiles as Leighton sees her then she laughs as Leighton stops dead in her tracks when she sees Christian.  Mikah watches as Leighton's face brightens up as she smiles before she literally runs over and hugs Christian, who returns the hug with grace.

♥♥Leighton  â€œChristian!”

He smiles before patting her head as she finally releases him from a hug.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œHey kiddo.  It's been a while, hasn't it?”

Leighton nods her head as Mikah wrinkles her nose before giving her daughter a hug.

;;Mikah  â€œNice to see you too, Leighton Emily.”

Leighton rolls her eyes at her mother's antics before she looks back at Christian, a smile spreading across her face.

♥♥Leighton  â€œHi, Mom.  How long are you here for?”

Mikah knew that she'd be chopped liver by bringing Christian around to pick Leighton up.  And for once, she was okay with it.  She was okay with Christian being a huge part of Leighton's eyes; it was how it was supposed to be anyways.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œA couple of days.  Thought I'd come visit you and your mom here before heading out to LA.”

Mikah makes a face at the sound of LA.  She'd always been a New York City kind of girl, even when she had lived in Seattle, Washington as a child and hadn't even seen New York City.

;;Mikah  â€œI still say the New York City is better than LA, Mase.”

Mikah grins at Christian, who shrugs in return.  He was honestly more of a Hawaii guy, choosing to live in paradise and house sitting Jake Mitchell's house on an endless basis.

♥♥Leighton  â€œI totally agree with my mom; NYC is totally cooler than LA.”

He laughs a bit as they all get in the car with Leighton in the backseat.  Mikah makes sure that she's buckled before starting the car.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œThere's a lot more people in NYC.  Not sure if I enjoy it.”

Mikah rolls her eyes as she drives away from the school, heading back towards the center of the city.  She was going to take Christian to Times Square to do some things and have some dinner with him and Leighton before she took Leighton home.

;;Mikah  â€œNYC has me.  And Leighton so it automatically wins.”

If she had it her way, she'd have her best friend living with her.  Or at least within fives minutes of her.  She knew that Gavin would never go for having Christian in the same house as him, even though that's what she wanted.  She had some things she hadn't ever told Gavin.  Like who Leighton's biological father was.  Even though he'd asked before, she just shrugged it off, as if his question didn't matter.  But Leighton wasn't his child, what did it matter to him?

------]SKIP AHEAD TWO HOURS[------

Mikah had just gotten done dropping Leighton off at home, leaving Christian in the car because she didn't want to deal with any bullshit from her husband.  She walks back out, having changed from her jeans and tee and into a pair of grey leggings that were tucked into a pair of black designer riding boots and paired with a turquoise top and a grey cardigan-like vest.  She slides back into the driver's seat and smiles at Christian.

;;Mikah  â€œNow you get to see my favorite city in the dark.  Without a ten year old dau—child talking your ear off.”

She loved her city and she was trying to see her best friend on it too in hopes that maybe he'd think about living here.  She knew it was a very unlikely chance of him living there, but she could most definitely try to get him to change his outlook on the city.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œI'm sure that's your specialty.”

Indeed it was.  And soon, it would be Christmas and the whole city would be decorated.  Not to mention the festive feel that the city had the week of Thanksgiving.  She glances over at him as she starts to drive back into the city, away from her house.

;;Mikah  â€œYou should come to NYC around Christmas time, it's literally the best thing ever.”

She smiles at him as she drives before finding a parking garage to keep her car parked and safe.  She steps out before looking at him as he gets out as well.  She shivers a bit, not used to the chilly weather since most of the places she'd been were warm or tropical.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œCold?”

He raises an eyebrow at her.  Of course that's what he wouldn't expect because she had been in New York City for several years.  He would have expected her to be adjusted to the slightly chilly temperatures in November.

;;Mikah  â€œYes, I'm cold.”

She had no problem admitting that to him, she had no problem talking about things with him.  But he'd seen her in her worst times.  He'd been there when she went a little crazy and blacked out.  He was there for her when her now ex boyfriend walked out on her because she was going through some things.  He has been there through thick and thin and she wasn't about to shut him out because of her husband's ill feelings toward him.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œShouldn't you be used to the chilly New York weather?”

He was slightly teasing her as they walked with Mikah being slightly paranoid about every person they passed.  She knew that the city could be a dangerous place but she still loved it.

;;Mikah  â€œYou have to remember, Mase that I've been overseas and defending my championship in places that have warm, warm weather.  Like bikini weather.”

She continues to walk, focusing on the task and not on the fact that bad things can happen in parking garages.  Christian can sense her uneasiness and wraps his arm around her neck, trying to comfort her fears a bit.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œLike Hawaii.  Maybe you should just move to Hawaii.”

She laughs a bit as they walk down from the garage to the main streets of New York City.  They stop and Mikah just stands there, watching the traffic and the people pass them by.

;;Mikah  â€œToo many sharks in Hawaii.”

She winks at him again before laughing and then pulling him in the direction of Madison Square Garden.  She knew that he'd love it there and she loved it there too.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œHey, I can keep a handle on Jake; he's not that scary.”

She rolls her eyes at him, stepping closer to him so she didn't run into the other people on the city sidewalk.  Even for it being close to 8 pm, there were a lot of people out and about.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm not scared of Jake, Mase.  I was the one that went up to him and asked to be in Natural Selection, you know.  That takes guts.  I'd say balls but we both know that I don't have those.”

She laughs a bit as she continues to lead him in the direction of Madison Square Garden.  They were quiet for a while, just letting the people pass them by as they continued to walk.

â™ â™ Christian Othniel  â€œI'm not saying you should be scared of Jake.  I'm just I'd keep a handle on the bullshark...s.”

She gives him a look before shaking her head to herself.  Sometimes, he could make her laugh at any point in the day but that was because he was Christian Othniel and he was her very best friend.   She had tried her hardest to have female friends, so that maybe Gavin wouldn't be so insecure about her going out with her male friends but the only female she could stand was Alexis.  And she knew what people thought about their weird friendship.  She heard things in the locker room when people thought she wasn't around or wasn't listening.  But her friendship with Christian was special, one that would never be broken for certain reasons.

<text align=right><p align=”Right”> "SAY YES TO DEFEAT."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 6
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE ii
REC•

She always had a funny way of showing respect but she clearly had NO problem showing the lack thereof respect.  And maybe that wasn't what she intended, either.  But somewhere along the way, it happened.  And sometimes she took things that were meant to be kept in somebody's personal life and twisted it into a promo.  And that's why she found herself sitting in Kleinfeld Bridal.  It was the home of the hit show on TLC network, Say Yes to the Dress.  It was a show that Mikah had only watched a few times because Leighton had wanted to.  And then what she had saw on Twitter about her upcoming opponent it just clicked.  Instantaneously.

So here she sat with her twin sister MiKayla, Ally, and Mila, a girl she had actually tried to keep in touch with that she was friends with in high school.  But she didn't really care who was there, as long as it worked with the whole idea of it.  She crosses her legs, trying not to seem impatient but when in reality, that's all she really was.

;;Mikah  â€œFor fucks sake, how long does it take these people?!”

MiKayla tried to shoot her sister a look, trying to tell her to be patient and to be kind or whatever it was that MiKayla wanted Mikah to be.  It was obviously something that Mikah was not.  Mikah lets out an exasperated noise before relaxing as she sees some chick walking towards her with Randy Fenoli at her side.  And yes, he is THAT guy on the show.

;;Mikah  â€œAbout time.”

The comment had been made under her breath so that neither of the two could hear her brash words of impatience.

♦♦Debbie  â€œHi, Mikah?”

Mikah simply nods her head.  She knew this was the part where she was to tell them what sort of dresses she liked and the styles she liked.  But she didn't really know what she liked; she got married to Gavin in Vegas and that didn't require a huge wedding dress.

;;Mikah  â€œYep, that's me.”

She was trying her best to be patient.  But patient wasn't a word that was often used to describe Mikah.  In fact, it was not even associated with her at all.  She stands up and shakes Debbie's hand as her 'people' stay seated behind her.

♦♦Debbie  â€œSo, tell me about your wedding!”

Mikah looks at her as if she was on crack but couldn't help but roll her eyes.  Of course they would want to know something stupid like that.  She didn't know what to make up or what to say to them because her wedding to Gavin was in Vegas.

;;Mikah  â€œWell, the ceremony is going to be held outside and in a tropical setting, so on a beach.  It's in about nine months, give or take a few days.”

Lying was easy but trying to come up with a venue was a little tricky.  Mikah hadn't been that girl growing up.  She had only played with Barbies until she was seven years old and wandered into other things that were probably way more above her age level.

♦♦Debbie  â€œSounds pretty perfect.  Well, let's go take you to the back fitting room so we can put you in some dresses.  Do you have an idea of the style that you like?”

A blank look crosses Mikah's face.  She didn't know anything about wedding dress styles.  She flashes a small smile before letting a shrug roll off of her shoulders.

;;Mikah  â€œI like the trumpet style or mermaid style, whichever it is called.  Princess dresses.  I don't know, really.  This is the first time I've shopped for wedding dresses.”

She could've lied and said she knew ALL about wedding dress shopping but she didn't.  Because she would've looked like a complete fool and that was not about to happen.  She just smiles at Debbie before following the woman back to the fitting room.  She waits inside the room rather patiently before Debbie walks back in with three or four dress on hangers; Mikah couldn't really tell how many the consultant was carrying.

♦♦Debbie  â€œThe first one is pretty simple.  A sweetheart neckline, strapless and with a dropped waist.”

Mikah just nodded as she let Debbie help her into the dress.  She wasn't shy about her body because realistically, she showed more when she was in the wrestling ring, rather than when she was in just her bra and panties.

;;Mikah  â€œIt's so...soft and silky.”

If anything, she loved the soft, silky satin material as it was right against her skin.  She was in love with the dress and it was the first one she had tried on.  She knew that this wasn't a real wedding dress fitting but for some reason, she was in love with the dress and actually wanted to Say Yes to the Dress, so to speak.

♦♦Debbie  â€œLet's go show your friends.”

They walked out to the main lobby, where her friends and fraternal twin sister were sitting.  She felt all fancy, being in a wedding dress.  She would have never pictured herself in one but she had to remind herself that this wasn't real.

â™ â™ Ally  â€œWow.  You look really good in that wedding dress.  Is it often that a woman finds THEE dress on the first try?”

Ally's question was directed at Debbie.  Mikah stood there for a moment before rolling her eyes a bit.  She didn't have the time or the patience for this.

;;Mikah  â€œLook, we all know that I could rock any dress in this store and still look smoking fucking hot.”

Her entourage so to speak all nod their heads, agreeing with her.  For some reason, being in a wedding dress from one of the top designers that sold their dresses at Kleinfeld Bridal made her feel even more confident than she already was.

;;Mikah  â€œYou know my opponent this Sunday is Crystal Hilton.  The dumb bitch I beat at High Stakes V along with Mercedes Vargas.  The bitch is actually getting married.”

Mikah wasn't above degrading somebody for talking about things on Twitter or anything else.  She was the Bombshell Champion and she solely believed that she could say whatever she wanted to.

;;Mikah  â€œI don't even know who the hell she is marrying because I don't really pay that close of attention to her on my Twitter feed.  Although, she does like to tweet about this upcoming wedding of hers.  Maybe I should crash it...”

Mikah tilts her head to the side, looking up at the ceiling for a moment as she ponders that very thought.

;;Mikah  â€œBut I will probably have more important things to do, if you think about it.  But let's see her.  I'm curious to see what sort of dress this bitch is gonna be wearing.  Because we all know that her sense of style is well....lacking to put it nicely.  What would she even look like in a wedding dress?!  That is the true question.”

Mikah does a small twirl on the little pedestal thing before placing her hands on her hips.  The cameraman was filming her every move and had been since they arrived at the bridal store.

;;Mikah  â€œIt's so obvious that she won't look as good as I do in a wedding dress because she looks horrendous in wrestling attire.  I mean, I know it's hard to live up to me and what I look like but she could try a little harder.  Or maybe a little less.  I'm not trying to upstage you, Crystal, it's just that easy for me.  I'm just that much better looking than you are.  Also, we all know what you're like in the ring; you either bring it or you fail.  That's the cold hard truth.”

Mikah places her hands on her hips and faces the camera.

;;Mikah  â€œHow many months did you even have the Bombshell Roulette championship?  A month and a half?  And how is that relevant you may ask?  Dependability, my friend.”

She smirks at the camera before flipping her hair over her shoulder a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œAs a champion, you are not very dependable.  I'm sorry but the cold, hard truth hurts.  You held the championship for a month and twenty-five days.  So you could have had it for two months but you failed to do so.  You failed to have any sort of dependability as a champion.  Do you think that is what Mark Ward wants for his company?!  Somebody that they can't rely on?!”

Mikah rolls her eyes in complete disgust.  She was tired of all of these champions just dropping their belts after only holding onto them for a month or so at a time.  Didn't anybody know what hard work was anymore?

;;Mikah  â€œAnd don't even bring up that idiot of a she-man, Christian Underwood.  Because he doesn't know shit.  He thinks he's being all fair and all that but how is it fair?  How is it fair that I have to defend against you again when you've done nothing to earn that right?  Oh, because you beat Mercedes last week on Climax Control?  Newsflash, I beat the fuck out of both of you morons at High Stakes!  Where the fuck is my celebration?  Or my congratulations!?  Do you think I got any from any morons that work in this company other than Mark and Alexis?  Fuck no.  This company is all about Drake Green.  Drake this and Drake that well you know what?!  Fuck Drake Green and his super shitty girlfriend.”

She was rambling off topic and she wasn't going to be stopped.

;;Mikah  â€œWho's the ONLY champion that's employed by SCW that's held their championship for nearly six months without dropping it?  Me.  Who's been on a hot streak since May?  Me.  Do I get any recognition from anybody about my hard work?  Nope.  So fuck that shit.  You shouldn't be getting any recognition for simply beating Mercedes Vargas in a singles match.  I'm not sorry that I don't think you're important, Crystal.  I'm important.  I'm the who that matters, not you.”

She takes a moment to calm herself down, taking a few deep breaths before looking at her sister and other friends.  They were slightly amused but slightly taken back from her tenacity.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm not knocking you as a competitor, even though it may seem like I am because obviously you know how to wrestle in a ring.  Because you fucking beat Mercedes Vargas in a singles match!  You get a championship opportunity!  Go you!  Do you know what would have happened if the roles were reversed?!  If you were champion and I was the one that had beat Mercedes in a singles match!?  I would've gotten fucking nothing because I'm not Christian's favorite.  Sure, I might be Mark's favorite but we all know who does the booking.”

She rolls her eyes again, a common occurrence for her when she was on a rant.

;;Mikah  â€œWe all know that I'm not Christian Underwood's favorite.  Not by a landslide.  But you would think he'd look at things to make it fair.  But has he ever done that?  Nope.  Claims he hasn't stacked the odds against me and maybe he hasn't but he sure likes to hand out championship opportunity.  Hey!  He's the Oprah of SCW!  Maybe I will start calling him ChristOprah; seems fitting.”

She pushes her platinum blonde locks away from her face as she relaxes a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œIt may seem like I don't like you, Crystal and that's far from the truth.  I think in some weird, alternate universe we could actually be friends.  But here is life and here is Christian throwing you in a match against me.  I don't think he actually thinks you can beat me, Crystal.  Because like I said, this is a game of Chess between him and myself.  You're a pawn in a game that is never going to end.  Right now, I'm untouchable.  How many times do I have to prove it?  I can prove it title defense after title defense and it won't affect me.  But when is it going to sink in that I'm not going to just let somebody take MY championship away from me?  I'm going to have to be close to unconsciousness to let the match be over.”

She purses her lips, pausing a moment or so to think.  She was almost tired of wearing the wedding dress.  She looks down at the pretty but simple dress and then looks at the camera.

;;Mikah  â€œThis dress normally represents a bond between a man and woman on their special day.  But do you know what this dress is representing for me, Crystal?”

She tilts her head to the side a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œThis dress represents the bond that I have with MY championship.  The one that will not be severed come Sunday.  It may sound ridiculous to you and everybody else but I am practically married to my championship.  And not in some weird way, either.  I've put my own marriage on the back burner to be the Bombshell Champion FOR SCW.  My marriage is in complete turmoil and I'll be the first to admit that it's my fault.  But I don't care.  I love my job.  I LOVE being the Champion that SCW deserves.  Maybe not the champion that it wants but the one it deserves.  Do you think that you will be able to do that, Crystal?  You're getting married.  You're not going to have any time for that dirtbag guy you're marrying.  You will have so much promotional shit to do that it isn't even funny.  You won't be able to put it on the back burner to be a wife.  Or a newlywed.”

She simply shrugs again, looking at the camera.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm not complaining about it, not at all.  Because if I could do anything over, I wouldn't change a thing.  I wouldn't change putting my marriage in turmoil for my job.  It's something that Gavin doesn't currently understand.  He doesn't get the stress or the demand that I get because I'm the Bombshell Champion.  Maybe he will, now that he's back in competition.  But I do what I do for SCW.  Are you willing to put SCW first?  Before your marriage?  I don't think you are.  Because if you were, Crystal, you would still be the roulette champion and not some other scrub.  And may not like what I'm saying but the truth always stings.  Always.”

She steps down off of the pedestal and sits down carefully, with Debbie giving her a dirty look.

;;Mikah  â€œI want you to enjoy this week, Crystal.  To enjoy what it felt like to think about possibly becoming the Bombshell Champion.  I remember what it felt like when I had the opportunity to take the championship away from Raynin.  It was thrilling and I enjoyed that week but I also hated it.  Because I didn't know what Sunday was going to bring but now I know what Sunday is going to bring.  And you may think that I'm just being presumptuous but I'm not.  I know that I'm going to win because I am more determined to win than you are.  Just because you want a championship so badly doesn't mean that you're going to get it, Crystal and I apologize in advance for crushing your trachea.  It's just something that has to be done.  I'm going to be the one that will be walking out of that arena with the championship slung so perfectly over my perfect shoulder.  Your hopes and dreams will be in shatters at your feet.  It will not matter to me whether you're broken in two in the ring or if you're spewing blood from your mouth.  The only thing that matters to me this week is retaining my championship.  And I'm not worried about it.”

She leans forward, placing her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands.

;;Mikah  â€œI have no doubt that you will bring everything you've got to the match but I'm just that much better than you are.  Don't discredit what I've done in the past six months because everything is just as important to our match this Sunday.  You have a lot to work with, you know what I'm capable of and I know what you're capable of.  I've got a win against you in the record books.  I know that you're not some easy person to get past.  But that doesn't mean that I'm intimidated by you or scared that you're going to be the one to take my championship away from me.  This match is the main event on Sunday.  Have you been in a main event recently?  Or ever?  I don't keep track of other people's matches so forgive me if you have.  Being in the main even means that we have the opportunity to steal the sore.  Or well, more like me, and not you.  Everybody knows that I'm the BEST champion that the company has to offer.  And it's not a knock at Alexis or anything.  It's the truth.  Look at my record.  Look at how long I've held this championship.  This is going to be my fifth or so defense and I will be successful.  I'm going to break records.  I'm going to change how things are in those silly little record books.”

She lets a smile grace her face before she stands back up and tugs at the strapless top of the dress.

;;Mikah  â€œBecause on Sunday, Crystal you won't have anything else to say but Yes to Defeat.”

She winks at the camera before grinning wide as she sees her very best friend, Christian Othniel walk into the Bridal store.  He had gone off to some other store while she had done this.  She hops off of the pedestal and hurries over to him and gives him a hug, letting the camera film that before it cuts out to black.

<p align=”Right”>"SOLVE YOUR PROBELMS."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 7
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE iii
REC•

It had been a long afternoon of doing things with Christian Othniel, busy things of touring the city and sightseeing.  Of course, to finish the day off, Mikah had stopped somewhere with him to not eat with him and then had a couple of drinks with him--where they bantered over stupid things that didn’t even really matter.  But now, she was standing outside of her home and was literally staring at the front door, wondering if she could sneak in a run before going inside or not.  But the riding boots and leggings weren’t very comfortable running clothes.

A few minutes pass by before deciding that running would have to wait--at least until morning anyways.  She sighs as she walks up the sidewalk that lead to the front door to her extra extravagant home.  She pushes the door open and steps inside to the quiet that awaited her.  She raises an eyebrow before she shuts the door quietly behind her.  he rs her fingers through her tousled blonde locks before listening.  There weren’t any sounds around that she could hear and maybe people were sleeping.  It was almost midnight, afterall.  She was sure that Leighton was asleep and she didn’t quite think that Gavin was but it was awfully quiet.

She walks into the living room and peeks around the doorway to see the room empty.  She sighs a bit before turning and slightly skipping into the kitchen and nearly jumps at the sight of Gavin standing by the island, drinking whatever it was he chose to drink most days.

;;Mikah  â€œFor fucks sake, Gavin.  Don’t just...stand there like a grade A creep.”

She rolls her eyes before moving to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of peach-mango flavored coconut water and unscrewing the lid and taking a long drink of it, her eyes still on Gavin.  She was curious to see if he had any remark about where she had been.  Although she had told him exactly what she was going to be doing and with whom.

;;Mikah  â€œSo...you’re just going to be quiet?  I don’t believe it for a second.”

She keeps her eyes on him, trying to judge and gauge his mood as she stands on the opposite end of the island, leaving space between them.

::Gavin “New thing I’m trying, saying less is more sort of thing..”

She shrugs her shoulders, letting it roll off of her shoulders as she stands there.  She was literally looking at two different streets in her mind and was trying to pick just one to take.

;;Mikah  â€œLess is never more.  Ever.”

The woman didn’t believe in having anything less than what she thought she deserved or wanted.  Dexter, Luna, and Hannah were living proof of that.  The three dogs that took up residence in their home, much to Gavin’s dismay.

;;Mikah  â€œSo...this is all you do now-a-days?  Creep around?”

She raises an eyebrow at him.  She wasn’t sure if she was poking at him or not.  She was just going to say whatever came to her mind.  She sees him open his mouth to speak but she cuts him off.

;;Mikah  â€œBefore you ask--and I know you will--Christian is at a hotel, which is VERY rude of me.”

It was a fight that she didn’t want to have because she was probably a little more stubborn than she’d like to admit.  And she made choices on the whim and didn’t thoroughly plan them out.

::Gavin  â€œI don’t really care where Christian is..  But - what I do now-a-days is well, same as I’ve always done.  Whatever I please.”

Mikah sighs a bit as she takes another drink of her peach mango flavored coconut water.  She wasn’t sure how she wanted to react but she was sure the filter would disappear.

;;Mikah  â€œWow.  Me too.”

She flashes him a smirk before she hops up to sit on the counter and leans back, letting her shoulder blades rest against the kitchen cabinets.  Her eyes, however were still on Gavin.

::Gavin “So you and I haven’t been doing husband and wife things like hanging out because you want to uh..  not be?”

She shrugs her shoulders as she crosses one leg over the other.  She looks at him before shrugging again, the process becoming rather repetitive.

;;Mikah  â€œSomething like that. . .I suppose.”

She lets a smirk slip off her lips before glancing over at him before moving into a criss-cross seated position on the kitchen counter.  She was ready to be in her new house; the house that wouldn’t be done even until spring.

::Gavin  â€œSo..  that being said..  planning on divorcing me, or something?  I wouldn’t blame you, if you did.  Shits been kinda bad, not sure what to say to fix it, that sort of thing.”

She frowns a bit.  How many divorces had she been through?  Technically one and one really, really bad break up but they had thought they were married, so it counted, right?

;;Mikah  â€œYou’re the one that brought it up.  Not me, pal.”

She knew that she was deflecting.  Avoiding or whatever it was called.  She was pretty good at it.  She raises an eyebrow at him before leaning back against the cabinets.

;;Mikah  â€œAre you sure that’s not what YOU want?  I mean, I’ve not been...nice to you but to be fair, I haven’t been around you in almost two months.  Working with impotent morons is challenging, you know.  I swear, Mark and Alexis are the only two that know how to do anything around there; do NOT let Christian Underwood handle anything because then he goes and signs morons like Drake Green.”

When all else fails, ramble.  Ramble until it becomes awkward and there’s that stale silence in between people.

::Gavin  â€œEh, I think things could be fixed.  Just need to talk and actually settle things, instead of throwing insults out there.  I still remember why I fell for you in the first place, it’s not like something’s gone..  Just - we haven’t gotten to you know, be together in a bit.  Like, right there, this isn’t about Christian, Mark, Alexis..  It’s about you and me.  I know they’re your friends, your enemies, and so on.  But - there’s a point, I feel where the friends have to stay behind and it’s left to you and me to figure things out here.  I know everyone sucks there but, you’re my wife, Mikah.”

Gavin reach out and took her by the hand, fondly smiling over in her direction lightly.  Not usually one for the mushy stuff, but if a situation had ever called for it, this was it.  She wasn’t sure what to do with that; that stuff wasn’t something she strived for in life.  It hadn’t been apart of her life before, either.  The relationship she’d had with Alexander Fabb wasn’t even technically a relationship, even though if she was honest there had maybe been feelings there.  The only other relationship she had that probably meant something was with a man who disappeared on her.  But that was then and it wasn’t something that she wanted to dwell on.  And she didn’t like feelings or emotions.  She wasn’t that girl.  She wasn’t her sister, which sometimes it felt as if it would’ve been easier to be her sister and not deal with the complicated bullshit that came with being a neglected child turned into an adult.

;;Mikah  â€œFixable.  How many bends in a piece of plastic before it breaks, Gavin?”

She takes a deep breath, slowly inhaling before even more slowly exhaling.  She let her hand stay in his, trying not to pull it away from him as they stood/sat there in a pretty awkward silence.

::Gavin “Oh don’t go getting all poetic.  I’d say we’re more steel, or titanium or something.  We were on ground zero when Liz Smalls became a thing, remember?  If we can survive that, well, I’m pretty sure we can survive anything.”

She frowns a bit, trying to remember but her memory was drawing a blank.  She couldn’t even blame the alcohol on that because she hadn’t had many drinks with Othniel.

;;Mikah  â€œRemind me of the Liz Smalls thing.  Because I’m literally drawing a blank.”

She purses her lips together, trying her best to recall up that memory.  But there was nothing there.  But to be fair to her, her mind was all about SCW at the moment.

::Gavin  â€œShe was like some boney meth lady, always used to tweet us in Uncensored.  Something about carrying me.”

Mikah blinks a few times before frowning.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd what does that have to do with us being at ground zero?  I’m just...drawing a blank here.”

She blinks at him again, a blank look in her eyes.  She wasn’t trying to avoid the real situation at hand but she was just...trying to jog her memory a bit.

::Gavin  â€œWell, seeing as how we survived the worst thing to ever happen to wrestling, and the worst woman..  Only for you to become the best woman to ever happen to wrestling.  I’m just saying that’s an accomplishment in and of itself for this little marriage of ours.”

She just nods her head slowly, not sure if she followed but she was going to just agree to agree so she didn’t have to press that matter on.  Liz Smalls was now knocked up and not a threat to anybody but Kris Halich.

;;Mikah  â€œRight…”

She wasn’t sure where to take the conversation now. She wasn’t really sure what he really wanted out of her, either.  Did he want her to be more like the puke, Roxi Johnson who shares WAY too much on Twitter about her love life with the psycho?  She wasn’t sure.  But that wasn’t who she was either.

;;Mikah  â€œI’m not sure what to say here, literally.”

Pointing out the obvious was always something that worked and worked well.  She looks at Gavin, who clearly had a much better hold on his psyche and his mental well being, so to speak.

::Gavin  â€œ..  I’m kind of suggesting you actually attempt to be my wife again, like the good ole days.  Is that a lot to ask?  I don’t know how you’re not like, getting this.  And it’s not a knock against you, fucks sake if I didn’t like this side of you, I wouldn’t of married you to start with but..  Just figure out if you still wanna be my wife, okay, Miks?  I miss you, I really do.  But - this whole blank slate, fighting bullshit we’re doing..  It’s kind of bland and boring.  You know me well enough to know I give shit to people who can’t seem to get along and still stick together..  I don’t want that being us.”

He suddenly moved in and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before turning and starting to walk.  He’d made enough of a plea, and of course he hoped to reach some side of her.  But he wasn’t too sure how well that would work out.  She just watches him as he walks out of the kitchen and she sits there, a bit in silence.  She wasn’t sure what she was supposed to say but it was a lot to process and part of her wanted to throw her shoe at him for giving her a lot to process when she had a possibly career-altering match on Sunday.  Her attention needed to be on her match and not on whether she wanted her relationship with her husband to work out or not.

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞The Measuring Stick
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;"><text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "VIDEO BLOG."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 4
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: MEDIUM
SCENE iv
REC•

First class airplane tickets on a mainstream airplane to bumfuck nowhere made for a long, boring flight.  Not very many people were on board she had a row to herself—if you didn't count her husband who was sound asleep for the moment by the window.  She sighs as she pulls open her lapop and stifles a yawn as she starts it up and hooks it up to the airplane's wifi.  She leans back and moves so she's more comfortable in the chair, pulling one leg up so her foot was resting on the seat of the chair.  She presses a few buttons before typing in something and then brings her webcam up and presses record.

;;Mikah  â€œHello out there to all my glorious and wonderful superfans.  I know it's probably super early in some parts of the World but this is my only free time to address you, my loyal fans and followers as I sit here on an airplane, flying into Havana, Cuba.”

She tucks her hair behind her ears and smiles at the camera.  She was much more in her own little zone now, with no special effects, just her on an airplane with her husband sleeping next to her.

;;Mikah  â€œI know, fucking Cuba, right?  It's ridiculous.  This overseas tour has gone on way too long and I for one am ready to see it end.  I'd like to stay in the United States for once and not fly all over the fucking world, trying to keep up with where SCW is at all times.  I love my job but it's the traveling that wears me out.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to take some time off just because I don't like to travel, that's not really my style.”

It was a jab at a person not-so-important and she definitely didn't care to name names either.

;;Mikah  â€œAs you know, it's been roughly three weeks since I've stepped foot in a wrestling ring.  Where have I been, you ask?  Well, I've been in New York City, spending some time with my ten year old daughter and spending some time to recharge my batteries.  But that doesn't mean that I've forgotten about all of you, all of my fans at all.  Oh no.  I still keep up to date with SCW and make sure that I know what's going on at all times.  Just because you don't see me, doesn't mean that I'm not there in spirit.  But don't you worry your pretty little heads. . .because on Sunday, I return to action.”

She grins before rolling her eyes as she adjusts herself and changes sitting positions.

;;Mikah  â€œOh yes, I have a match on Sunday.  And if you are such the loyal and devoted fans that I believe you to be, you will already know about my match and you will already be rooting and hoping for my win to happen.  And as my fans, you already know that it IS what is going to happen.  No matter what my opponent thinks.”

She takes a deep breath before relaxing a little bit in her seat.

;;Mikah  â€œLet's talk about my opponent, shall we?  Shall we talk about Crystal Hilton?  I think we shall!”

She had said it as if she was excited about it when she was anything but.

;;Mikah  â€œAs you all know, I've went up against her and Mercedes Vargas at High Stakes V.  Both women believed that they were going to be the one to knock me down and take my championship away from me.  But did that happen?  No.  What happened was that I retained MY championship and I went home as the Bombshell Champion.  Just like I had promised them and everybody else that I would.  So I took a small little break to keep my spririts up and to keep everybody wondering when I'm going to show my pretty face again.  But low and behold, when I get booked in a match once more, it's against Cystal Hilton again.  AND she gets an opportunity to take my championship away from me!  I do not see how that is fair at all.  Mr. Underwood can say all he wants on Twitter that he's not hoping that I lose because everybody knows that the man can't stand me.  And trust me, the feeling is mutual but still.  He wants to say that he isn't stacking the deck against me?  Go ahead but look at that super shitty 'Going for the Gold' tournament he set up?!  If that doesn't scream stacking the deck, then I don't know what is.”

She takes a deep breath and rolls her eyes once more.  She was trying not to go on a rant about Christian Underwood but sometimes, she just couldn't help it.

;;Mikah  â€œSo, Crystal beats Mercedes last weekend in a triple threat match.  Fine, whatever.  But how does that warrant her a championship opportunity?  I'm confused.  I thought her match was for her to earn the right to get the spot to fight me for this belt?  Not be fucking handed a championship opportunity just because she pinned some stupid bitch.  What about Alexis Edwards?!  She won her match fair and square.  But do you see Christian Underwood rewarding her for her win?  Nope.  Christian Underwood plays favoritism.  And he plays horribly well.  He don't like you?  Well, fuck that you don't get any opportunity for shit.  You can kiss that goodbye.”

Mikah kisses her hand and waves it goodbye to match her words.

;;Mikah  â€œBut what does this have to do with Crystal?  Just about everything.  What kind of person accepts a handout like that?  Wouldn't you have a little more respect for yourself than that?  It is only proving that you can't do anything for yourself and you like to kiss ass to get what you want.  Crystal hasn't worked her way up the ladder after falling back to the bottom; she only beat Mercedes Vargas and Lucy Seraphina.  No big deal.  But yet, she gets this opportunity?  The fuck?!”

Mikah's face was riddled with confusion as she looks at the camera on her laptop, a frown crossing her pretty face.

;;Mikah  â€œThis isn't sour grapes.  Or actually, maybe it is.  Let's talk about an alternate reality, here shall we?!”

She leans forward a little bit and pushes her blonde locks out of her face.  She clears her throat, causing Gavin to stir beside her.  She pauses to look over at him, hoping he wouldn't wake up because she had told him that she was going to go to sleep.

;;Mikah  â€œWhat if Crytal Hilton was the champion right now instead of me.  I know, horrible thinking but just stay with me.  What if she was the Bombshell champion and I had been the one booked in that triple threat match against Lucy and Mercedes?!”

She pauses momentarily, letting the words sink in a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œDo you think that I would have gotten this opportunity that she is getting right now?  Fuck no.  It's never been about me.  NEVER once have they ever congratulated me on winning the championship or retaining my championship successfully!  And by they, I do mean Christian Underwood and all his silly supporters.  And by supporters, I mean kiss-asses.  Mark does, he congratulates me everything.  People that don't even WORK for SCW congratulate me for being such an honorable champion.  Do you know how hard I've worked to be the champion that SCW deserves?!”

She slams her hand down on the laptop, making a loud banging noise.

;;Mikah  â€œMy fucking marriage is in shambles right now because I put my job first.  I put being the Bombshell Champion BEFORE my husband.  How much loyalty does that show?!  But do I get any respect back from anybody employed in the company aside from Alexis and Mark?  Nope.  They'd rather go be apart of the Drake Green movement.  Whatever, go fucking celebrate with that movie star that will flake out on you in a matter of months.”

Mikah waves her hand in a shooing like motion before flipping her hair back out of her face again.

;;Mikah  â€œI should be the champion that people are celebrating.  I should be the one that gets the celebrations and the respect.  But I'm not.  I'm the only champion that's held my belt for almost six months without any blips in my defenses.  But whatever, I guess that's not important.  I guess I'm not important.  Whatever.”

She flippantly waves her hand again, waving off her own championship reign.

;;Mikah  â€œAny-ways.  Where Crystal might be talented in the ring, she's nowhere near my skill level.  And it may suck for her to hear but I'm lightyears ahead of her when it comes to talent in the wrestling ring.  She's just an afterthought, a name that nobody will even remember after she's gone.  When she was the Roulette Champion, I didn't even know WHO the fuck she was.  So what does that tell you?  Maybe that tells you that if you're not one of Christian Underwood's favorites, you don't get pushed a lot.  And by-the-way Crystal, don't act so salty because Alexis and I don't invite you to go drinking with us.  Maybe there's a reason for that.”

She raises her eyebrows and tilts her head to the side a bit.  She smirks before laughing a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œYou couldn't even lace my boots up properly, let alone go drinking with me or Alexis.  I'm sorry that you think that you've earned this but all you've earned is another broken heart and a kick back down to the bottom of the ladder.  I'm the new measuring stick to what ALL Bombshells should be.  Those other trollops in the back may not agree or like it but they need to admit it to themselves and to everybody else, I've been the best champion that this company has.  I'm even better than Drake Green and well, that's kind of saying something.  Since he is the poster boy of cradle robbing.”

She winks at the camera bit before laughing once more.  She loved insisting that he was a cradle robbing and she loved poking fun at his girlfriend, just to rile her feathers so to speak.  She didn't really care about the age difference, she just knew how to get under the girlfriend's skin.

;;Mikah  â€œYou know, I thought about maybe going to Las Vegas before flying out to Havana.  Do you want to know why?”

She raises an eyebrow at the camera, wondering if they were curious about her reasoning as to why she'd rather go to Vegas.

;;Mikah  â€œBecause competing in a stupid match against Crystal Hilton isn't even worth a minute of my time.  Plus, I'm feeling the need to gamble and win some money because I'm feeling rather lucky.  And plus, who the fuck cares about Havana, Cuba?  It will just be another place where I've made my mark in after I smear Cystal's face into the canvas of the ring.  Which is a shame because she's not going to look very pretty for her wedding after I'm done with her.  She can forget talking because I'm planning on crushing her trachea with my Cupid's Chokehold.  Maybe that will help her learn her lesson about taking things that you haven't earned.”

She shrugs her shoulders before looking over at Gavin, who was still asleep.

;;Mikah  â€œAs much as I lvoe talking to all of you lovely people, I've got to get some sleep before my plane lands.  I wouldn't want to be too horrible to my awaiting, adoring fans.”

She winks at the camera before waving goodbye.

;;Mikah  â€œWe'll see you all soon.”

She winks again before shutting her laptop, ending her little video blog that would be posted on her website.  She yawns before putting her laptop away and then settling in to sleep for the rest of the flight.

<text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "BUSINESS IS BUSINESS."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: MEDIUM
SCENE v
REC•

Mikah actually didn't really mind Cuba.  What she minded was the fact that there were almost ALWAYS so many people around.  They gawked at her and actually knew who she was.  But maybe that's what happened when a company rolled into town to put on a show.  She thought of herself in a big way but she never in a million years would've thought that other people from a different country would gawk at her like she was a bigger name than she already was.  But that wasn't the pressing matter at the moment.  She had a camera man follow her into a board room of the hotel that she was staying in and had him film her next little thing.  She sat down on one side of the table and a dark haired girl sat across from her, dressed in a pair of dress pants and a nice shirt.

;;Mikah  â€œDo you really know what you're being interviewed for, Ruby?”

Mikah looked to the brunette woman, who simply nodded her head.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œYes, of course I do.  I follow up with every job position that I apply for.  You are the Bombshell Champion of Sin City Wrestling and are looking for a personal assistant to help organize your schedule and to help deal with things that aren't pressing to you but need to be managed.”

Ruby sounded as if she was well educated and that was something that Mikah liked.  She didn't want to have to deal with an idiot on a personal basis; she did that all the time while she was working.

;;Mikah  â€œBut do you understand what my job entails?”

Mikah raises an eyebrow.  Wondering if Ruby really knew what Mikah went through on a daily basis.

☼☼Ruby Appelton  â€œYou're a female wrestler.  You compete in grueling matches to earn the right to be called the best.  And right now, you ARE the best there is to offer in SCW.  And with that being said, it is not only because you're the Bombshell Champion, it's also because you've held the championship for almost six months.”

Mikah was slightly impressed.  The woman had done her homework and had looked into Mikah's profession.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm impressed, Ruby.  You've actually looked into this and thought it out.  Now if I were to give you this job, what would your expectations be?”

It was a rather odd question.  But she wanted to know what Ruby expected out of her as a boss.  Or what she expected her daily tasks to be.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œAll I ask is for clear instructions or at least some sort of agenda.  I know your days differ and you won't need me everyday but I would like to know in advance when you will need me.”

That seemed fair to Mikah.  She nods her head, agreeing with the woman sitting across the table from her.

;;Mikah  â€œThat seems reasonable.  Now, I want you to tell me a little about my match that's coming up on Sunday.”

Mikah leans back in her chair, her eyes on Ruby who didn't seem too nervous.  Ruby sits up a little straighter and Mikah makes a mental note of this as she keeps her eyes on the woman, who could possibly become a big part of her daily life.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œYour match this Sunday is the main event of Climax Control.  And you're no stranger to main event matches as you've been booked in several in the past.  You have to defend your championship against the challenger known as Crystal Hilton.”

She was even more impressed with the woman.  She had done more than look into Mikah's career choice, she'd gone ahead and looked up even more than what a normal person probably would have.

;;Mikah  â€œAre you always this prepared, Ruby?  Because if so, you and I will get along great.”

Mikah was only curious because if Ruby was things would run smoothly between the two of them.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œAlways.  I have to be organized and prepared for everything.  I get up at 6 am, getting my day planned before I even take a shower.”

Mikah watches as the polite smile spreads across Ruby's face and Mikah returns the smile.

;;Mikah  â€œI will warn you now, Ruby.  I am NOT the nicest person to be around most of the time.  And I don't want to have to hide my wrath from you.  Also, I wouldn't want to direct my wrath AT you either.”

Mikah leans back again, letting her body relax as she studies Ruby's face a  bit.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œOh no, I understand completely.  I know about your character and I know about your heated rivalry with Christian Underwood, who is one of the owners of Sin City Wrestling.”

Again, she was impressed with Ruby's knowledge of SCW and the rivalries that started out on Twitter.

;;Mikah  â€œYou are amazing.  Tell me what you know about Crystal Hilton.”

Here was a true test of Ruby's expendable knowledge.  A real test of whether or not she had done her research.

☼☼Ruby Appleton  â€œCrystal Hilton is your opponent on Sunday night.  You also faced her at High Stakes V in a triple threat match that also included another bombshell, Mercedes Vargas.  Last week on Climax Control, she beat Mercedes Vargas and Lucy Seraphina and moved up in the 'Going for the Gold' tournament that Christian Underwood put in place.  She considers her wrestling style as high flying, something that you don't do.  Your styles of competing clash to a small extent.  You're more ground and technical, where she likes to throw her body off the top rope at anybody's expense.  Her hometown is Detroit, Michigan but she current resides in Los Angeles, California.  Also, within I believe three weeks she is getting married, something she has been talking about a LOT on Twitter lately.  Last week in her video for the company, she insinuated that you and Alexis Edwards were trashy for going out drinking.”

The woman had been paying attention to the details of Sin City Wrestling.  She knew a lot about Mikah's opponent and that was good enough for Mikah to want to hire her.

;;Mikah  â€œYou've got the job, I don't need to look for anybody else because you are exactly what I need as a personal assistant.  You can start now.  Can you go to the arena and scope it out for me?  I'd like to know exactly where my locker room is and exactly who I'd be close to.  Thanks.”

And without a complaint or anything, Ruby gets up with a nod of her head and walks out of the board room.  Mikah smirks before leaning back completely and placing her feet on the table, crossed at the ankles.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd you see, that is how a champion takes care of business that they don't really need to worry about; they delegate.  Something I'm sure that Crystal Hilton couldn't really do.  But what can Crystal really do anyways?  I haven't seen her do anything that's worth talking about in a long time.  Sure, she beat Mercedes Vargas and Lucy Seraphina but who cares about that?  I too have already beat Mercedes Vargas once.  Lucy and I haven't stepped in the ring against one another but I'm sure that in the future at some point, our paths will cross and she will just have to bow down to defeat.”
Mikah simply shrugs her shoulders as if it was going to be the easiest thing that she would have to do.

;;Mikah  â€œI mean, I'm sure you're probably really proud of yourself, Crystal and I totally get it.  If I were in your shoes, I'd be proud too.  However, when I WAS the number one contender, I had actually earned it, you know.  I went through three other Bombshells to win and to go on to the Championship match.  What the fuck have you done, Crystal that makes you think that you ACTUALLY deserve to go up against me one-on-one?”

She leans forward just enough to look the camera in the eye before letting her body lean back once more, trying to get a little more comfortable.

;;Mikah  â€œI'd understand it a little bit more if I didn't think this was a plot against me by Christian Underwood.  I really would.  And if you had maybe competed in a number one contender's match, I'd be okay with facing you because other than your outlandish decisions to accept handouts and freebies like they're candy, you're a decent competitor.  And that can't be argued but what can be argued is your questionable decisions.”

She clears her throat a little loudly before adjusting her top.  She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans that were tucked into riding boots and one of Christian Othniel's wrestling tee's that had been cropped off and fixed to show her torso.

;;Mikah  â€œLike choosing to accept a handout to a championship opportunity that you didn't earn.  Who does that?  I don't really understand it because it's not what I did or something that I asked for either.  I didn't just say, 'well, okay' and go for it.  You do NOT deserve this opportunity Crystal.  I've said it once and I will say it again.  You do not deserve it.”

She flips her hair out of her face as she squirms in her seat, getting tired of sitting but she didn't want to stand up.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd the next thing.  You want to call me trashy?  Who the fuck do you think you are, you sleazy bitch?  Have you fucking LOOKED in a mirror lately?!  You are nothing BUT trashy.  You act like you want to be my friend one moment and then the next you're trashing me.  The fuck are you about, girl?  I don't know what you're trying to do here, but I'm not falling for it ONE bit.  You can take your fake friendship and shove it.  I don't need to be your friend.  And by the way, I hope you understand that it's nothing personal when I crush your hopes and dreams, it's just business.”

She winks at the camera.

;;Mikah  â€œAlso, I know that you think that you actually have a chance in winning my championship and being the one to take this championship away from me.  But, I really wish that you wouldn't think that way because it's only going to hurt you in the end.  You will feel crushed because you couldn't be the one to stop me or hold me back.  Do you want to have that weight on your shoulders, Crystal?  The weight of being a disappointment to the company and to your ridiculously low number of fans?  Do you even know how hard that is going to be for you?  Because I don't think you realize what a singles loss to me is going to do to your psyche.  You think that everything is equal in the match, that you actually can hold your own in our match but the fact is, you can't.  What's going to happen when I have my Cupid's Chokehold locked in and you have nowhere to go?!”

She raises her eyebrows, curiously.  It was as if she actually wanted Crystal to be able to answer her.

;;Mikah  â€œYou know what's going to happen?  You're going to be coughing and choking on your own blood as I crush your trachea.  I feel sorry for your fiance because you won't be able to barely croak our your wedding vows because your trachea is going to crushed so badly that you won't be able to talk for at LEAST a month.  And do you think that I will actually feel one ounce of remorse?”

Again, she raises her eyebrows and shakes her head no, in response to her own questions.

;;Mikah  â€œOf course not.  I will not feel remorse for somebody who doesn't deserve it.”

She takes a deep breath before pulling at the edge of her shirt again, adjusting the crop top of it.  It was starting to annoy her that it wanted to creep up to show her bra.  Although, she wasn't quite sure why that bugged her because it wasn't like they hadn't seen her in her ring attire.

;;Mikah  â€œMaybe if you didn't insist upon calling me trashy and acting as if I don't deserve to be the champion, I'd have just a little more respect for you.  But the respect I did have for you flew out the window when you accepted handouts like you deserved them.  And don't start with the bullshit plea of how you couldn't say no because you were just doing what your bosses told you.  That's not true; you could have told them that you didn't earn it fairly but you chose not to.  You chose to go through with the match as if you actually matter in the wrestling world.  Maybe you should go back to being a hollywood starlet, might be a better suited career choice for you.  At least there you won't have to feel guilty about accepting handouts.”

Again, she winks at the camera before placing her feet on the ground and looking the camera dead in the eye.  Or the lens, whichever way you wanted to see it.

;;Mikah  â€œSunday is going to be here before we know it.  You will feel all sort of emotions and you will probably puke two or three times due to nerves but when all is said and done, I will be the winner of the match.  I will leave Cuba just like I did as I came into Cuba. . .”

She pauses to stand up before grabbing the championship that she had hid underneath the table and slings it over her right shoulder.  She looks at it, an adoring look in her eyes as she admires it before rubbing off a fingerprint smudge and then shining the nameplate up.  She flickers her eyes back to the camera, a smirk growing on her face.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd that is as the Bombshell Champion.”

She smirks and winks at the camera again before walking away from the table and towards the door, letting the camera get a rather good view of her back and ass.  She pauses as she reaches the door, her hand on the doorknob before she looks over her shoulder, pausing to look down at her championship belt before she looking at the camera.  She smiles, before letting a smirk cross her pretty face as the camera captures the moment just like how she envisioned it in her mind; absolutely perfectly.  She winks again before speaking her final word.

;;Mikah  â€œCiao.”