Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 343 times)

Offline Crystal Zdunich

• View Profile
    • Crystal Millar
Reality Check
« on: November 06, 2015, 11:54:35 PM »
 Off Camera
After High Stakes
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Crystal walked out of High Stakes looking very dejected as she started to change back into her street clothes. She put on her jeans as well as her tanktop, and slowly started to tie her shoes together. It wasn’t long before the door to the locker room opened up and standing in the doorway was none other than Crystal’s best friend Zelda Knite. Crystal stands up as she glances into the mirror. She just glances at her own reflection for a few moments as her eyes never leave it. She sighs as she looks down at the ground and that is when Zelda walks over to where Crystal is standing.

Crystal: Look Z… If you are here to troll me… I rather not deal with it right now… Tonight was supposed to be my night, and obviously things didn’t go the way I envisioned it.

Zelda just nods her head in agreement as she keeps her eyes locked on her best friend. She stands next to her as she wraps her arm around her shoulder.

Zelda: I really wasn’t going to say anything… Honestly you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Crystal scoffs as she stares daggers right back into the eyes of Zelda.

Crystal: What do you mean I have nothing to be ashamed of? I didn’t win Zelda… I used to be the cream of the crop. The best of the best…

Zelda: Except when standing next to me of course…

Crystal: Everytime I find myself in position to actually accomplish something. It seems like my entire world just comes crashing down before me, and I can never accomplish what I set out to do.

Zelda: It’s one match Crystal… You can’t get that upset over one match. Just pick yourself up and focus to your next match… That’s all you really can do in the end right?

Crystal however doesn’t want to hear that as she starts to bang as hard as she can against the wall. Her hand collides with the wall over and over again as she seems to have bloody knuckles from how hard she was punching against it. She can only sigh in return as she slowly turns her attention back over to Zelda and begins to scream at the top of her lungs.

Crystal: How the HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME TO JUST PICK MYSELF UP?! I feel like that’s all I been doing for the last FOUR years!  I am sure for someone like you it’s pretty easy to just move on. Considering everywhere you have gone you instantly find your way to World Championship status. You instantly find a way to be in the spotlight.

Zelda: It’s not even like that…

Crystal: Really because from the way I see things that’s a true statement. Just look at everywhere we been together Z? It becomes the trend. You rise through the ranks. You become a celebrity overnight, and as much as I talk myself up into being an A Lister. As much as I try to come across as the featured attraction. It never ends up happening. I always come up short, and get the maybe next time treatment. The she was close and just maybe she can just push herself further.

Crystal begins to stare daggers into the eyes of her best friend as she slowly makes her way towards her.

Crystal: How many times do I have to be denied before I actually get to go somewhere?! When am I finally going to get what I deserve! When is the entire world going to be chanting and treating me like the Goddess that I am.

Zelda walks over to Crystal as she places her hands on her shoulders. She makes sure to stare deeply into the eyes of Crystal as she tries her best to reach out to her.

Zelda: Well there’s your first mistake Crystal. Perhaps you should perhaps look at the other aspects of your career.

Crystal: Other aspects?!

Zelda: Yeah… Don’t get me wrong winning a World Championship or being the top wrestler should be the goal of any wrestler. Who wouldn’t want to be the best that the world has to offer but was it really about that to begin with?

Crystal nods her head passionately as she seems a bit confused but keeps her focus locked on Zelda.

Crystal: Of course it’s about winning! Why wouldn’t it be about winning. What other reason would we have for stepping into the squared circle?

Zelda: So when you and I formed Every Man’s Fantasy it was seriously only about winning to you?

Crystal: Well of course not… We didn’t even have winning on our mind… We just wanted to emerge as close friends and have some major fun along the way. Hell I believe Every Man’s Fantasy is the very reason why you and I became close in the first place.

Zelda: Bingo! That’s exactly the point that I am trying to make. That’s I ever did when it came to the business. As much as I enjoyed winning, it was always about having fun first and foremost. I made sure I kept the fun in the mix of everything and whatever success I had just followed as a result. I think you need to follow the same philosophy. Stop worrying so much about winning this and winning that, and simply just go with the fun. Focus on having fun again, and honestly I haven’t seen you having fun since God knows when.

Crystal: I know how to have fun Z!

Zelda: Yeah? So when’s the last time you can say you honestly had any fun competing in the business… Go on I’ll wait for you to answer with something.

A few moments go by as Crystal stands there and she begins to think to herself but she doesn’t seem to be able to come up with anything. As Zelda begins to laugh in return.

Zelda: I thought as much… You were always the party pooper not knowing how to have fun and what not.

Crystal: ...I really loathe you…

Zelda: No you don’t because if you did you would have been talking to yourself in front of the mirror again.

Crystal: Whatever…

Zelda: And there goes the mighty Crystal Hilton whatevering me because she knows she was owned in a conversation… Owned I tell you… PWNED….

Zelda grins as she begins to take a victory lap around Crystal. Crystal stands there dumbfounded as she begins to crack into a giggle. Zelda grins as she looks back at Crystal.

Zelda: I knew you had it in you! Now let’s focus on this whole depression spell. So what you lost one match… Okay so maybe it was one match.., and another match… And another… And another… And another and….

Crystal: I GET THE DAMN POINT ZELDA!!!!

Zelda: The point I am trying to make is you shouldn’t be down about anything. You just went out there and fought your heart out. You fought in front of a city where your dad’s family resides. It must have been a great feeling to go out there and compete in front of everyone like that.

Crystal: Well it did feel amazing.

Zelda: Just amazing? It wasn’t AWESOME?! It wasn’t SUPERB?! It was OUTSTANDING! You didn’t win but honestly who cares that you didn’t? You actually got to compete on that show and in the end that’s all that should really matter in the long run right? You weren’t even supposed to be on that show, but you beat Vargas and you forced your way into that match.

Crystal just sits there taking it all in as she nods her head in agreement.

Crystal: I did do that yes… I guess I do have it in me…

Zelda: And you have the power to do it again. Honestly Crystal all jokes aside you have the talent to do whatever you want in this business. If you focus more on just fun, and being yourself instead of worrying so much of what people think of you.

Crystal: And what exactly do people think of me?

Zelda: My point exactly.

Crystal sighs as Zelda continues to speak to her.

Zelda: Look you  really need to just glance at some of the choices in your life and figure out what you want the most. It just seems like you work too hard on trying to be a people pleaser and it is tearing you apart.

Crystal: A people pleaser?

Zelda: Yeah just look at the choice of some of your friends. One minute you are being best buddies with the likes of Roxi, Keira, Vargas, and the next minute you contradict yourself and want to agree with the likes of Mikah… You can’t play both sides of the fence Crystal. At some point you will need to pick a side, and will have to stick with that side to the end. This wishy washy, flip flopping… It’s just going to tear you apart, and the more you keep that stuff up. The more the voices will find you again. Just think about what I said, and dinner is on you tonight…

Zelda smiles as she leaves the locker room leaving Crystal alone. Crystal just glances at her reflection as she knew she would have to make a choice sooner or later. After all Zelda did have a point…

Hey everyone…. I am going to cut straight to the chase. High Stakes didn’t go the way that I wanted it to go. I honestly thought it was my match to win. I thought being able to compete in front of my fellow Puerto Ricans. In front of family and many of my friends would be the drive I need to get over that hump, and to find my place in this company again.

But in the end it just wasn’t meant to be as I feel short of my dream and Mikah was able to emerge as the winner in the end.

I know I should be disappointed about losing but in all honesty why should I be? After all let’s be honest did anyone expect me to be in the big dance in the first place? The answer to that is no, and I feel like that of the New York Mets. They weren’t anything much during the beginning of the season. They looked horrible and the expectations were really low for them.

However as time went by things started to roll. They were a team who became hot at the right time and it was their hard work and perseverance that helped them march all the way to the World Series. They tried their hardest to contend with the contact hitting franchise of the Royals but in the end it just wasn’t enough as they fell short.

Could we really call that a disappointment in the end? If we look at it from the aspect of falling short then yes I guess you can say that it was one but when you glance at it from the perspective that they weren’t even expected to be there in the first place then by no means is it a disappointment. It was that of a learning experience, and I feel the same exact way about even being in that big match to begin with.

The fact that I came so close yet so far is a feeling that makes me want to try even harder than before. It is pushing me to do much better than I ever have done, and now the only thing on my mind is getting back to that point. A chance to finally have that happy ending and to go home with the big win.

At the end of the day that’s all I really want as my focus is on that on Mikah and to have that one on one match with her. I would be able to take my lost in stride by the truth is I wasn’t the one that got pinned. That was Mercedes and the way I see it I believe I have claims to wanting to get my own shot. Because it’s not known what would have happened if Mikah and I went at it one on one.

All hope of getting that seemed to be lost but now I have an opportunity to get a second chance. The only thing I have to do is go through every single bombshell on the roster in the form of a tournament to prove that I deserve that chance, and to be honest this is the most definitive way to prove that I want it the most. If I could somehow make it past the entire roster than that truly means I am the most prepared for that second chance.

But I can’t count my chickens before they hatch because I have to take one step at a time and it starts first in the form of a Triple Threat match on Climax Control.

I have to make it past two former champions and that might prove to be difficult.

First and foremost there’s Lucy Seraphina, and I know she’s a woman who is looking to want to get close to a championship again. It was only at High Stakes where she lost her Bombshell Internet Championship to the likes of Alexis, and this tourney could be a way where she goes on to something more.

Lucy I respect you… I know what it feels like to lose something. Especially something so precious as a championship. I know how I felt after losing to Keira… It drove me nuts on the inside. To the point where the only thing on my mind was getting it back, and doing whatever it takes to get it back.

Despite no matter how much I talked myself up. I never did get back what I wanted, and it left a void that just couldn’t seemed to be filled. I know you are looking for this to be your rebound but I won’t let you have it… Not when I feel I want this that much more.

The woman that took your title away from you in Alexis is the very woman that I beat at one point. Hell I beat the other woman in this match as well, but I feel if I can get into the ring one on one against some of the top tier competition in this company things might be different. I feel like I can push myself into perhaps picking up a win.

You can bring everything you got but I won’t allow you to make it past me… Not when I feel passionate about that rematch with Mikah.

And Mercedes that brings me to you. When the two of us fought I beat you but not without the assist of Mikah…

I was the one that ended your streak but it’s something that’s whatever to me because it’s something I didn’t do on my own. Honestly we been at each other’s throats for a while now. Every other week it’s you and I fighting the likes of one another, and I know you are always game competition so I look forward to what you will be doing in this encounter.

I could say a lot but honestly the only thing on my mind is saying I am sorry… I am sorry for all the things I said in the past…

You were my only friend when I came into this company and I feel like my hunger and selfish desire for the championship got in the way of that. The way I treated you and Delia… I am sorry for the things that I said…

I just wasn’t myself…

The only thing I hope from this match is being able to give you my best and hopefully I get the same in return…

Climax Control it’s about the drive to get back on top, and it’s about showing to the world that this company is building up women who want to fight for the title. Not women who feel they need to get all trashy and become all buddy buddy…

Yes Mikah and Alexis I am looking at you two….

This is a sport where we strive to be the best and the fans need to see that concept being brought back. I am the one who is looking to do just that.

In Jamaica I enter the ring with one purpose and one only… And that’s to make another step closer to my dream of being SCW Bombshell Champion and I won’t let anyone get in the way of that…

For I am the rose that simply refuses to wither away….

See you all in Kingston Jamaica, I’ll be waiting….

user posted image