Author Topic: Getting Help  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Natalie McKinley

• View Profile
Getting Help
« on: September 09, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »
 OOC: This is what I started writing last week, for Simon's match with Sean Jackson, but did not then finish before the deadline. I did not want to abandon it completely, and leave it unfinished, so here is what would have been the first scene - or part of it, at least - of the rp that never was.

Thursday 3rd September, 8:00 p.m.

The scene opens outside Kennet Valley Free Church in Calcot, Berkshire. Stood near to the entrance is Simon Jones, who is wearing a pair of pale blue jeans and a red t-shirt. Simon's focus is on a mobile phone, which he is clutching in his right hand.

As Simon swipes the screen of the phone with his thumb, scrolling through whatever it is that he is reading, the doors of the building open, and out walks a group of people, one by one. The identities of these people are all unknown - with the exception of one person: Natalie McKinley; Natalie - who is wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt - walks over to Simon.

Natalie: 'Have you been waiting here the whole time?'

Simon looks up from his phone, to see Natalie now stood by him; Simon puts the phone away, in the pocket of his jeans, before then responding to Natalie.

Simon: 'Not for the whole hour, no - I had a wander around, but I wanted to be back here by eight, so that I wouldn't keep you waiting.'

Natalie: 'You could've just waited in the pub for me.'

Simon: 'And how would I have killed an hour there? I can't have a drink - I'm the one who's driving.'

Simon glances towards the other people that exited the building, who are all now gradually leaving the area; he then looks back to Natalie.

Simon: 'How was it, then?'

The "it" that Simon is referring to is a Gamblers Anonymous meeting - this particular meeting was one that was more aimed towards newcomers.

Natalie: 'It was good - it was good to hear other compulsive gamblers share their experiences, as well as getting to speak to them about my problems, and have them offer advice.'

Simon: 'Well, I'm pleased to hear that coming here was worth your while.'

Natalie: 'It definitely was; it's just a start, but it's a step in the right direction for me.'

Simon nods.

Natalie: 'And now it's time for me to show you my gratitude for coming here with me, by buying you dinner, as promised.'

Simon smiles.

Simon: 'Let's go, then.'

Simon and Natalie move away from the building, and then turn right, as they head along the road outside Kennet Valley Free Church.

Natalie: 'After what I did at Summer XXXTreme, I wonder what people would think if they could see you here with me now.'

Simon: 'I told you I would see to it that you get help, and that's what I'm doing.'

Natalie: 'What does Jacqui think of you supporting me?

Simon: 'At first, I think she thought that I was mad for wanting to help you, but she has since said that she understands why I feel the need to help you.'

Natalie: 'I'm guessing that Jason has a different opinion on the matter.'

Simon: 'You're not wrong there. But you know what? I don't care what Jason, or anyone else thinks - there was no way that I was going to abandon a friend of mine in her hour of need.'

Simon and Natalie cross over an adjacent street.

Natalie: 'I expect Sean Jackson will blame me for him not regaining the heavyweight title.'

Simon: 'I'm sure he will - he'll blame you, me, Kain, Jasmine St. John, the timekeeper, and anyone else that he thinks he can apportion blame to. The reality, though, is that he didn't do enough to deserve to win the match at Summer XXXTreme.'

Natalie: 'Are you looking forward to your match with him on Sunday?'

Simon: 'Very much so.'

Simon pauses momentarily, before speaking again.

Simon: 'You know, before I left SCW last year, Sean Jackson and I were opponents twice - once in a tag team match, and once in a one-on-one match. But now, I find myself preparing for my third match since returning to SCW, and my third consecutive match against Sean Jackson - it's funny how things have worked out like this.'

Natalie: 'I remember you winning that one-on-one match - it was about a month after we first met.'

Simon: 'Yeah, well, Sean Jackson is yet to beat me - come Monday morning, hopefully that will still be the case.'

Natalie: 'I'm sure it will be - you'll be the one to get the win, and put yourself in the frame for another shot at the title.'

Simon: 'That's the aim.'

Simon casts a quick glance towards Natalie.

Simon: 'I don't suppose you've had a change of mind, about accompanying me to New Zealand for Climax Control, have you?'

Natalie shakes her head.

Natalie: 'After what Christian tweeted last week, about how I will be lucky to ever see the inside of a building that SCW appears in again, it would probably be a wasted journey, anyway.'

Natalie lets out a sigh.

Natalie: 'I've not yet heard anything officially, to say I've been suspended, or even sacked - but regardless of that, my prospects in SCW don't look too promising.'

Simon: 'Perhaps not right now, but time heals all wounds; you just need to be patient, use this time to take care of your problems away from the ring, and then, eventually, you'll be back in the six-sided ring.'

Natalie sighs again.

Natalie: 'I hope so.'

As Simon and Natalie continue their walk in the direction of a nearby pub, the scene fades to black.