Author Topic: My Forgotten Life: Part 1  (Read 322 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
My Forgotten Life: Part 1
« on: January 30, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »

“I want you all to imagine something for me.  Close your eyes and play along with the scenario.  Imagine waking up and having no clue where you are.  Your head hurts, not tremendously but just a slight headache none-the-less.  Think about what it feels like to open your eyes and having three strangers staring at you, and you haven’t the slightest idea why.”

“Not only that, but take a second and listen to them as they call you by a name that you don’t recognize.  You literally have no idea who you are, or who these people staring at you are, but they’re acting as if you know them.  And to top it off, their worried expressions immediately change to that of relief.”

“How?  How is it even possible that you can’t recognize these individuals, but they are looking at you as if you know them?  You can’t place a name to their faces, let alone your own?”

“Amnesia.  That’s how.”

“I can’t remember a thing about who I am nor the people in my life.  I have no clue who I can trust, but everyone seems to be perfectly fine telling me I can trust them.”

“Yeah…thanks for insisting that, but I think I’d like to try and get an idea for myself.  Better yet, I just want to get home…wherever that is…and start working on getting my memory back.”

“I don’t know how I was before this amnesia, but right now?  I am not a very patient person.  I just want to get my memory back!”

Day 8
Sunday Jan. 18th
Coming Home…?
**OFF CAMERA**

Man what a long flight back to the states.  Thankfully Dixie has been with me this past week, because I don’t know what I would have done if she wasn’t.  I’m sure the hospital wouldn’t have allowed me to leave if she hadn’t shown up when she did.  I wouldn’t let that creepy Irish guy anywhere near my room.  But I don’t need to worry about him anymore.  He’s gone and I don’t need to see him ever again.

Dixie told me that apparently I live in Las Vegas, so that is where we are now.  Our flight landed a little while ago, and she’s driving me back to my place.  Yeah, I’m not allowed to drive at the moment, so it looks like my little sister is going to be my chauffeur for the foreseeable future.  I don’t mind, really.  I can’t exactly remember how to drive a car right now and I’d probably just wreck it.  

I’m staring out the window at the scenery as we’re driving through Las Vegas, hoping anything will become familiar to me.  So far, it hasn’t, and it’s a real bummer.  Having amnesia wouldn’t be so hard if it was just…I don’t know…partial?
“So, is anything familiar to you at all?” Dixie turns her head and looks at me for a moment, but she remains mindful about keeping her eyes on the road.  I shake my head and keep looking around at the sights of Las Vegas.

“No.  Nothing.” I let out a deep, disappointed sigh.  I can see the downtown Las Vegas shortly in the distance as we’ve just moved into the outskirts, which is apparently where I live.  I look at each house we pass, hoping maybe the one I live in will jog my memory.

“Don’t worry,” Dixie says offering me a reassuring smile. “It’ll all come back to you.  In fact…I’m hoping today is the day.  I have a surprise for you.”

She turns the car down a street, suddenly interesting me.  Surprise?  Everything is a surprise to me these days, but I wonder what she is talking about.  My answer comes a few seconds later when she parks the car in front of a house.  A fence surrounds the entire yard, front and back, and off in the distance behind it, I notice a large building of some sort.

“Where are we?” I turn and ask her after spotting a few cars in the driveway. “Do I live here?”

She shakes her head. “No, but you used to.  I know I told you I would take you straight home, but there are some people who really want to see you.”

“What do you mean I used to live here?  Why don’t I live here anymore?  It looks like a nice enough place.” I study the house, trying to remember anything in my mind.  It comes as no surprise that nothing returns to me, though.

“It’s…a long story.  Don’t worry about it right now.”  She takes the keys out of the ignition and opens her door, looking to me before she steps out. “Come on, let’s go inside.  Someone is very eager to see you.”

I’m almost hesitant to go with her.  As my sister, it has to be hard enough on her that I don’t remember her or any memories we’ve shared, but now I might have to add to the list of my disappointed loved ones.  Well…I’m sure they’ve been told about my situation, so they’ll understand.  How bad could it be?

I step out of the car as Dixie walks up to me.  She’s smiling from ear to ear in anticipation, but I don’t return the same look.  The fact is, I’m scared, and my look proves it.  She places her hand on my back, in an effort to calm me.

“Misty, it’s okay.  I brought you here because I really think it’s going to help.” She says calmly, but I have a bad feeling about this.

“I understand that, Dixie, but…you didn’t tell me we were coming here.” I pull away from her briefly, suddenly not trusting her. “Tell me who lives here.”

Before Dixie has a chance to answer my question herself, the front door to the house swings open and a raven-haired little girl comes running outside.  Her eyes light up when she sees me, and she’s running right towards me.

“MOMMY!!  MOMMY YOU’RE HOME!” She’s yelling as she runs up to me.  She throws her arms around me in a tight embrace and I stare down at her with shocked confusion.  Mommy?  I…I’m her mother?

Three other people walk out of the house.  A red-haired teenage boy, an older guy with spiked black hair, and a very pregnant woman.  I don’t recognize any of them, but they all look very happy to see me.  Dixie stares at me with a smile, assuming my silences means something is coming back to me.  I look down at the little girl just as she looks up at me with the happiest smile I have ever seen.

“How are you feeling, Mommy?” She keeps her arms wrapped around me, refusing to let me go. “Auntie Dixie said you hit your head.”

The three other individuals stand a distance away.  The looks on their faces give away the fact they know my memory has not returned and the guy with the spiked hair approaches the little girl hugging me.

“Eden, sweetie,” he says, reaching out to her. “Why don’t you give Mommy some space, okay?  Remember how I said she’s been a little confused?”

Eden…that’s her name?  What a beautiful name, but…I don’t remember her.  I don’t remember any of these people.

“She…she really doesn’t remember, does she?” The teenaged boy asks, sounding slightly disappointed as well.  

I’m speechless.  Eden backs away, frowning, and I don’t have the heart to look at her.  I do, however, stare at Dixie, shaking my head.  “Dixie…I…why didn’t you tell me?!”

Dixie bites her bottom lip.  She looks to the guy with the spiked hair and shrugs as he glares at her in shock. “I’m sorry, Spike!  I…I thought seeing Eden would jog her memory!”  She addresses him, and not me.  Spike?  Wow..another weird name.  Tears start to form in Eden’s eyes as she starts crying and runs up to the pregnant woman.

“She…she doesn’t know me, Mommy Vixen.” Eden stumbles on her words as she embraces the woman…Mommy Vixen?  I’m..so confused.  

“It’s okay, petite.” She says, consoling Eden. “She just took a bump to the head and her memory is a little fuzzy is all.  It will come back to her soon.”

I shake my head, looking around at each of them before turning and glaring at Dixie. “Take me home.  Where ever the hell that is.  Just take me home right now.”

Dixie shakes her head. “Misty, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, but—“

“But nothing!” I shout at her. “You left out information I should have been told and look what happened?  I apparently disappointed my daughter, who I don’t remember ever having!”

I can hear Eden’s sobbing as her heart breaks even more.  She wasn’t expecting this anymore than I was, but damned if it was my fault.  This reunion should have been set up differently, and thanks to my sister, it wasn’t, and it has turned into a complete nightmare.  The guy with the spiked hair even seems angry.

“Tim, take your sister inside.” He says, turning to the teenage boy next to him. The boy, I guess named Tim, shrugs, but he takes young Eden’s hand and leads her into the house.  The guy with the spiked hair slowly approaches Dixie, but the pregnant blonde woman, takes a hold of his hand.

“Spike, my love, please stay calm.” She asks him.  He turns around and overs her a reassuring glance before he walks up to Dixie and I take a few steps back.

“Dixie, what were you thinking?” He asks her through gritted teeth. “Even though I told Eden a little bit about what was going on with Misty, you knew she would react this way.  Why didn’t you tell Misty?”

“Because,” she says, folding her arms across her chest. “I figured that when she saw Eden, her memory would come back!  I didn’t just want to tell her and not have her remember.”

“So you thought it would be better if she saw her and didn’t remember her then?  Dixie, this situation is fucked up enough as it is, but you just complicated it a hell of a lot more!” He begins losing his temper, and I look to the pregnant woman…his wife I’m assuming…and she’s just giving me a warm smile.  

“STOP!” I shout, holding my hands up.  “BOTH OF YOU JUST STOP!”

This catches their attention.  They all turn and look to me, shocked.  Dixie steps towards me, but I hold my hand up, signaling her to stay put.

“Dixie, please get me out of here.”  I look to her first, before then looking to the other two. “And to you two, I’m very sorry about all of this.  I am sorry I don’t remember who either of you are, and I’m more sorry that I don’t remember Eden. But I…I can’t do this right now.”

“There is no need to apologize.” The pregnant woman, Vixen, says as she joins Spike at his side. “It’s a very difficult situation.”

“Just focus on getting better.” Spike says.

I offer them as polite a smile as I can muster before I turn around and get back in the car.  Dixie and Spike exchange heated words once again before he storms off back into the house, presumably to console Eden.  Because I am the reason she is crying, I wish I could be the one to console her, but I don’t even…I’m a mother?!?!

A few seconds later Dixie returns to her place in the driver’s seat.  I turn my head and glare directly at her, but I don’t speak a word.  She rolls her eyes and starts the engine. “I know, I know.  Spike’s reaction was bad enough so, please, save me the argument until we get back to your house.”

I shake my head and turn to look at the house one last time.  “Was…was I married to that guy?”

Dixie laughs and shakes her head. “No.  Well…almost.”

“Almost?” I say, turning to look at her again.  She keeps her eye on the road as she drives off down the street. “Let me guess, another long story?”  Dixie nods and I let out a sigh.  That seems to be the story of my life that I can’t remember.  Everything is just one…long…story.  

Do I even want to know?

“That day broke my heart.  It really did.  Even though my memories have decided to disappear on me, the fact that I brought that little girl to tears because I can’t remember that she is my daughter, just kills me.  And to think that my sister thought it was a good idea not to tell me!  If I couldn’t remember the three people I was apparently closest to, why does it surprise her that my daughter couldn’t even jog my memory?”

“What else about me can’t I remember?  How much do I have to find out, good or bad?  When are they going to stop answering all of my questions with ‘It’s a long story…don’t worry about it.’?  This amnesia stuff is hard enough as it is, but geez…they could just give me SOME sort of answer!”

“Needless to say, as soon as Dixie and I got back to my real house, everything exploded from there.”

**OFF CAMERA**

After arriving at my home, I am left disappointed yet again.  Nothing looks familiar, but I don’t let that bother me.  The only thing bothering me is trying to figure out what else Dixie is keeping from me.  What else does she not want me to know?

She quickly carried our bags inside, avoiding me for as long as she possibly could and I just shook my head in disappointment.  I slowly walk my way up the sidewalk, looking around the neighborhood trying to remember anything.  I open the door and step inside, looking at the inside of my home.

“Anything yet?” Dixie yells from the other room.  I really wish she would stop asking me that.

“If anything came back to me, Dixie, you would know.” I slowly make my way down the hall, looking at the pictures on the wall.  Mostly pictures of Eden, but there are a few others that I don’t recognize, but I try not to think about it.  I turn down another hall, following the sound of Dixie putting stuff away.  Eventually, I find the room she is in.

“You and I need to talk.” I stop in the doorway, watching as she starts unpacking my suitcase.  Really?  I have amnesia.  My arms and legs aren’t broken. “What are you doing?”

She looks up with a smile as she carries some of my clothes to the dresser. “What does it look like?  I’m unpacking.”

“That can wait.” I say, frowning at her and folding my arms. “And I could have done it myself.”

Dixie laughs and shrugs. “It’s no big deal, Misty.  I figured you wouldn’t remember where everything went anyway—“

“DIXIE PLEASE!” I bring my hands to my temples.  This is all giving me a headache.  My sister is giving me a headache. “How hard can it be to figure out where clothes go?!  Just…STOP!”

She slowly closes the dresser drawer, staring at me.  I walk inside the room…my room…looking around.  “Dixie, I know you’re trying to help, but you’re only making things more complicated!  Why can’t you see that?!”

“I don’t mean to be,” she responds sadly. “It’s just really hard for me to see you like this and I’m doing everything I can think of to help you get your memory back.”

“So putting my clothes away for me is helping me get my memory back?” I ask, amused.  She laughs, too, but she doesn’t say anything in response. “What you did earlier was wrong, Dixie.  You should have told me about Eden.  You should have told me BEFORE, that I’m her mother.”

Dixie shakes her head and looks at me with sad eyes. “How?  What easy way is there to tell you that you have a daughter that you don’t remember?  It might not have worked, but for all I know, it could have!  You could have remembered everything the moment you saw her because that little girl is your world, Misty.”

I close my eyes and shake my head.  Dixie may have a point there, but it still wasn’t the right way to go about it.  I don’t even know what would have been the right way, because either way, I would have walked away heartbroken because I can’t remember her.  

“I get what you’re saying, Dixie, but come on.  You can’t just keep things from me!  Especially something as huge as that!” I walk over to the dresser where a picture of the guy with the spiked hair holding a dark haired baby is.  I point to the picture. “The baby…that is her, right?”

Dixie nods.  I sigh and place the picture back where it was. “Ok so obviously the guy with the spiked hair—“

“Spike..” Dixie says, interrupting me.  I glare at her, and she holds her hands up defensively and lets me continue.

“Spike,” I start, staring at the picture. “Is her father.  I almost married him, but almost doesn’t really cut it, does it?  Tell me what happened.”

“Misty, we don’t have to—“

“Yes we do, Dixie!” I spin around and shout at her again. I don’t know if I ever shouted this much before the amnesia, but I’m so frustrated. “I need answers!”

Dixie bites her bottom lip and nods. “Fine.  Okay.  You…you left him at the altar.”  

I raise an eyebrow. “I did?  Why…why would I do that?  He seems like a great guy…great father.”

Dixie sighs and shakes her head. “Misty, I know you really don’t want to hear this, but that’s not important right now.  You don’t remember any of it, so why do I need to—“ She stops as I throw my hands in the air, more frustrated than before.  I run my hands through my hair, fighting back tears.

“I…I need to know who I was, Dixie.  I need to know who I AM but you’re keeping everything from me!” I plop down on the edge of the bed, closing my eyes and trying to remember something…anything.  “Is my life really that horrible that you don’t want me to know?!”

“It’s not that I don’t want you to know this stuff,” she says and I can tell by the tone of her voice that she’s being truthful.  She only wants to help, but she clearly doesn’t know how. “It’s just that you’re going to have more and more questions and you’re confused enough as it is.  I’m trying the best I can!”

I shake my head and look up at her, tears now filling my eyes. “No, you’re not,” I say as I stand up. “You’re not trying to help me at all.  So just leave me alone, Dixie!”

She tries to approach me, but I don’t give her that chance.  I rush out of the room and out of the house as quick as I can.  I need to be alone.  I need to process everything I’ve already found out and hopefully something will come back to be.  I’m just going for a walk.  What is the worst that can happen?

“I really shouldn’t have asked that question, because the worst did happen.  What started out as a simple walk around my neighborhood led to me not paying attention to anything in the area and before I knew it…I was lost.  Like…literally lost.  I had no idea where I was, but apparently, I walked so far and ended up in the city somehow.”

“Luckily I had my phone in my pocket, otherwise I would have been in major trouble.  I don’t know why, but I got on that Twitter app thing, since I’m always seeing all kinds of people talking on there.  I wasn’t really thinking anyone could help me, and I really didn’t want to search through my phone and try and find Dixie’s number.”

“Anyway, so one thing led to another and who should come to my rescue?  My friend Roxi…well, at least I think we’re friends.  I told her where I was and she came and found me!  I wasn’t expecting that at all, and if I wasn’t sure I could trust her before, I knew then.  Not only that, she actually talked to me…Gave me some information about me and it just felt good knowing someone wasn’t lying to me.”

“Roxi sat and talked with me for a while as we waited for Dixie to show up, and do you know what she told me?  She told me that I’m…I’m a wrestler!  As in fighting other people!  I…I never would have guessed it.  And she apparently works for the same company I do.  SCW?  I don’t know.  I wish I could remember.”

“But Roxi promised she would help me, along with our friend Melody?  The blonde girl who was with her when I woke up in the hospital.  I don’t know.  They seem friendly enough.  Maybe I can trust them.  She told me I could trust that Irish guy, too, but I still don’t think I can.  Something about him just gives me the heeby-jeebies!”

“I have so much to figure out…so much to remember.  I’m a wrestler and I don’t even remember anything about it!  I…I think I’ll probably have to step away for a bit until my memory comes back.  I’d hate to stick around and make a complete fool of myself.  Not to mention, I could get hurt!”

“But it’s a relief knowing that I have friends who are willing to help me.  If only Dixie would relax a little and let me deal with everything my way, instead of how she thinks I should…”

Day 9
Monday January 19th
A Happy(?) Reunion..
**OFF CAMERA**

Dixie has not been too happy with me ever since yesterday.  She feels bad about dealing with this whole situation the way she did, but she made it a point to lecture me for wandering off like I did.  I won’t lie and say that it didn’t scare me, because it did.  I got lost, but I was also stubborn and refused to try and call Dixie to come get me.  Needless to say, she’s been avoiding me and giving me my space ever since, and I’m just fine by that.

I’m currently in the kitchen, scrounging around and trying to find myself something to eat.  I’m so confused on who I am, I don’t even remember what foods I like, or don’t like for that matter.  I search through the refrigerator, looking for something appealing when the doorbell rings.

“I’ll get it!” Dixie shouts from the front living room.  Fine by me, sis.  I probably don’t remember the person at the front door anyway.  I decide on just making myself a sandwich and grab various fixings, placing them on the counter.  

“What the hell do you want?” I hear Dixie’s angry voice from where I’m standing, but choose not to get involved…yet.  I have no desire for any drama or fighting right now, and I’m hungry so food is taking priority over whatever situation is taking place at my front door.  

I suddenly freeze when I hear the voice that follows. “I’m here to see Misty.” It’s the Irish guy.  He knows where I live?!  “For Christ’s sake, I’m not going to hurt her, Dixie!”

I stop making my sandwich and just listen to the argument that follows.  Dixie is trying to speak in a hushed voice, but I can hear every word.

“How the hell am I supposed to know that?” She asks.  “I find it very convenient that you were there when it happened, so for all I know you could have been in on it!”

O’Malley laughs. “Ye really don’t know how to trust anyone do ye?  That Jersey trash really screwed ye up, didn’t he?  I was attacked to, love.  I had nothing to do with it.”

What?  He was attacked to?  Why didn’t he tell me that before?  Dixie laughs back at him, though, and I step away from the counter, trying to hear better while still staying out of sight.  

“Yeah, whatever O’Malley.  And if I were you, I’d not bring up what happened between Giani and me ever again.  Just stay away from my sister.” She tries to slam the door in his face, but I hear the sound of it being blocked by his hand.

“Ye might not know me, Dixie, but Misty does.  She and I shared something.  She might not remember it, but she will.” O’Malley responds.  I can tell by the sound of his voice that he’s not lying.  For the first time since I woke up in the hospital, I’m not afraid of him.

“We’ll see about that, O’Malley.  Get the hell out of here.” She’s finally able to close the door, as I hear it shut.  I quickly hurry back to the counter to make my sandwich, trying to be inconspicuous.  Dixie walks into the kitchen a few moments later, glancing at me with a smile.

“Who was that?” I ask, pretending as though I haven’t heard a thing.  She shakes her head and shrugs it off, and I know she is about to lie to me.

“Oh, nobody.  Just some door to door salesman.  I told him we weren’t interested.” There it was.  She was lying through it teeth, but she had no idea I knew.  I’ll have to reach out to O’Malley soon, I thought.  

“Anyway, I’m going to go take a shower real quick.  You need anything?”  She asks me, but I shake my head no, pointing out I have everything I need in front of me.  She nods with a smile, then heads off down the hall towards the bathroom.  Once I hear the bathroom door close I place both my hands on the counter, looking down at the various sandwich fixings, but now I’m just too angry to eat.  I’m about to give up and put everything away when I hear a knock on the patio door behind me.  

I jump and turn around, startled.  O’Malley is standing at the door, waving at me to come outside.  I look and make sure the coast is clear and I quickly make my way over to the door and slide it open.  He takes a few steps back so I can step outside.

“W-what are you doing here?” I ask him as I step outside into the cool air.  It’s not freezing, but it’s enough to give me the chills.  

“I had to make sure ye were all right.” He sees me shivering and removes his black leather jacket, handing it out to me. “Here, take mine.”

I stare at it for a moment.  I could easily go back inside and grab my jacket, but I don’t.  He urges me to take his and only a few moments later, I oblige.  I get an overwhelming whiff of his cologne, but I oddly like it.

“Thanks.” I say, wrapping it around my arms.

“Anytime, love.” An awkward silence falls between the two of us then, as we both try and figure out what to say next.  O’Malley runs his hand through his hair, and just as he is about to say something, I do him the favor of breaking the silence between us.

“Look, I’m sorry I’ve treated you so horribly this last week.  I’m just really confused right now, and I have no clue who I can trust.” I stare at him, looking as remorseful as I possibly can.  I don’t know how, but he still manages to flash a smile at me.

“Ye don’t need to apologize, love.” He says and I can tell he understands. “Yer going through something no human being should ever go through.  I probably would have been the same way if I had been in yer shoes.”

“Why are you being so understanding?” I ask him, letting out a confused laugh.  I really don’t understand it myself. “If we were as close as you say we were, why don’t I have any pictures of us on my wall?”

He scratches his head and sighs. “It’s a bit complicated.  We had just started to get a bit serious when ye lost your memory.  I thought I explained it all in the letter I left ye at the hospital?”

“Letter?  What letter?” I’m more confused than before.  I never saw any letter he claims to have left me, so I really have no idea what he is talking about.  He narrows his eyes glancing inside the house.

“I guess ye’ll have to ask yer sister that question.” He growls, and it all makes sense.  Of course.  She didn’t trust him, and she sure didn’t want me to trust him so naturally she had gotten a hold of the letter somehow.  I look to the ground, disappointed and now a little depressed.  He can tell by the look on my face that I’m upset, and he takes a step towards me.  When I lift my head to look at him, he stops.

“Sorry,” he says, holding his hands up. “I…I don’t want ye to be scared of me.”

I shake my head, fighting back tears. “I’m…not scared.  I’m just sad.  I’m trying so hard to remember who I am, and who all of you are, and I’m getting different answers from all of you.  I mean, even my own sister is lying to me!” He wants to get closer to me, I can see it by the look on his face, but I can also tell he is being respectful of my wishes.  If only everyone were acting the same way.

“I’m so sorry, love.” He says, trying to comfort me the best he can. “I want so bad to help ye, but only on yer terms.”

“It’s not fair!  Why is this all happening to me?!” I collapse to my knees and sob uncontrollably and that is enough for him.  He’s right at my side, wrapping his arms around me, comforting me.  

“I wish I knew, love.  I really wish I knew.” He says, rubbing my back.  Before tonight, I probably would have run away screaming, but for some reason, I feel safe now.  I can tell he’s here to help me. “I’ll help ye in any way I can.  I promise.”

“R-Roxi said the same thing.” I don’t even know if he can understand what I’m saying through the childish sobbing.  “W-why is s-she giving me answers and my s-s-sister isn’t?  Dixie didn’t even tell me I had a daughter, but Roxi hasn’t kept anything from me yet!”

“I don’t know yer sister very well, love.” He sounds disappointed, but more concerned for my well being than anything. “I know she just recently had her heart broken and in her own way she’s thinks she’s helping ye, but she’s not.  How did the chat with Roxi go?”

I manage to calm myself down and catch my breath and back away to look at him.  For some reason we stay on the ground to continue our conversation, but it’s fine by me.

“It went…okay.  I didn’t even have to ask her certain questions and she was telling me things.” I say.  I’m about to wipe a tear from my cheek, but he beats me to it.  He gives me a look that says he’s sorry, but I let it slide. “I…I still can’t believe I’m a wrestler.”

He laughs. “Out of everything she told ye, that is what yer most focused on?” He shakes his head.

“Well…yeah.  I mean…I don’t know.  What else don’t I know about myself?  The only ones willing to give me answers are you, Roxi and Melody it seems, and I haven’t even seen Melody since I woke up in the hospital.” Melody sounds like a fun girl…someone I can trust.

“Ye’ll get yer chance soon, love.  I’m sure as soon as she’s done in Scotland, she’ll try and come visit ye.” He says, reminding of something.

“Oh…right.” I say, but I suddenly get an idea. “Hey O’Malley…”

His face lights up as I say his name for the first time in quite a while.  He smiles and looks me in my eyes. “Yes, love?” He says.

“Can I ask you a favor?” What I’m about to ask him will probably sound crazy, but I really don’t care.  He nods and smiles again.

“Anything love.  I want to help ye anyway I can.” He replies.

“Can you…help me get to Scotland?” I think it takes him by surprise, and leaves him almost speechless.  He scratches his head, and just as he is about to answer, the patio door opens and out walks Dixie…

“Okay, so long story short, another argument ensued.  I managed to get Dixie to give O’Malley and I a few minutes alone so I could say good-bye, but also so he could give me the answer to my question and guess what?”

“He agreed!”

“It took some time to plan, but he was able to book our flight to Scotland and after that, the difficult task of telling Dixie came about.  That didn’t exactly go so well, and longer story made short, she wouldn’t allow me to go without her.  Sooo…she is tagging along.  I’m so excited to see Melody and Roxi again.  Roxi came for a visit on Friday and showed me some old footage of my wrestling days.  I’m still a little confused on something, but I’ll ask her about it when I see her again.  I’m going to Scotland!!!”

“I didn’t tell Roxi that, though.  I really want to surprise her and Melody when I show up.  I’m also doing this because…well, I’m hoping that maybe some of my memories will come back to me, if not all of them.  I mean, I keep hearing that wrestling was a huge part of my life, so…maybe this will work?  If not, oh well.  I had to give it a shot, but…I also have another huge surprise.”

“Melody and Roxi are both booked with their partners for this Blast From the Past Tournament…whatever that is.  I guess before I lost my memory I signed up for it too, and now no one really expects me to compete, given the fact that I can’t remember who I am…let alone whoever my partner will be, but guess what?”

“I’M GOING TO!”

“And I’m going to ask Melody and Roxi to help me.  Maybe this is a mistake.  Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t care.  I’m just sick of sitting at home in Las Vegas, waiting for my memory to come back when everyone who is willing to help me is halfway across the world preoccupied doing something I should be doing as well.”

“So I’m giving it a shot.  I hope my memory comes back soon, though, because if not…I only have a short time to learn how to wrestle again. o.O”

Day 15
January 25th
Glasgow, Scotland
One Week To Prepare!
**OFF CAMERA**

My plan worked!  Roxi and Melody had no idea that I was coming to Scotland.  I surprised them both before their matches and I think they were pretty excited to see me.  Better yet, they were even happier to find out I was going to stick to wrestling even though I can’t remember how, and they even agreed to help teach me!

So, Melody and her partner advanced in this Blast From the Past tournament, which is pretty awesome.  Major kudos to them, but I felt really bad for Roxi because she wasn’t so lucky.  She got teamed with this Caleb guy and they faced his best friend JT and his partner Mercedes.  Caleb and JT refused to fight each other, so they just did a few different contests, while Roxi and Mercedes did all the work and do you know what happened?  Mercedes ended up getting Roxi and Caleb disqualified by one big fat lie!  I mean, I can’t remember anything about wrestling, but I don’t think faking an injury is the best idea, right?  

So anyway, I’m backstage with Melody and and O’Malley right now, waiting for Roxi.  Her match just finished a few minutes ago, and she knows to come meet us so we can discuss some things, but I don’t even know what to say to her if I’m honest.  She really got cheated so I can only imagine how disappointed she feels.  I am about to find my answer as we spot her walking towards us.  She’s smiling, but I can see the disappointment in her eyes.

“Hey guys!” She says, walking right up to Melody and I.  O’Malley waves to her, but he keeps quiet as us girls catch up.  “Congrats on the win, Melody!”

“Thanks!” Melody says with an excited smile, but it soon fades as she feels bad for Roxi’s loss. “You really should have won that match, though.  That whole situation was just…wrong!”

“I agree.” I chime in.  I don’t know much, but I saw everything that happened and it was all awful. “Does that stuff happen a lot?”

Roxi shrugs. “With most people, no.  But with any of the Mean Girls, yes.  It’s not surprising.  It would have helped if I had a partner willing to do his part to get us the win, but not much I can do about it now.”

I frown and try of think of something I can do to help.  Is there anything I can do? “Well…can’t you go to one of the bosses and protest it?  I mean…it was unfair and clearly that Mercedes woman was just faking it!”

Roxi shakes her head. “Sometimes, that doesn’t always work, Misty.  As hard as it is to admit this, I just need to move on and accept these things happen.  Thanks for cheering me on though!”

O’Malley lets out a laugh.  We all turn to him as he cracks a smile. “Ye should have heard her back here.  It was pretty amusing.”

“Hey!  You be quiet!” I tell him.  I can’t help that I was excited to see all of this for the first time so I didn’t really appreciate him making fun. “It was fun to watch!”

“Sometimes it’s even more fun to actually be wrestling!” Melody says, and Roxi nods in agreement.  “I really don’t think we’ll have to teach you much of anything.  I think it will all just come back to you naturally!”

I look to Roxi with a curious look. “You think so?”

Roxi nods. “It’s possible, yes.  But we’ll find out once we start you’re training.  I heard the brackets for the second round of opening matches were just announced for next week.”

This catches my attention immediately. “Are they?  I’m part of this tournament thing, right?”  I look back and forth from Melody to Roxi.  They both nod excitedly, but Roxi is the one to answer my question.

“You sure are.”  She says, holding a sheet of paper out to me. “Take a look at your partner and your opponents.”

I snatch the paper from her hands, but not in a rude manner.  I am more excited to see what I’m dealing with.  I scan the paper until I spot my name as well as my partners and see who we’re facing.  “So…I’m teaming with…Andrew Watts?  Who is he?”

“Ooh!  He’s a member of the Rejects stable!” Melody replies.  

I glance over at her curiously. “Rejects?  That doesn’t exactly sound promising.” Melody, Roxi and O’Malley all chuckle at my understanding.

“It’s their team name, silly!” Melody replies, shaking her head.  “You know, like how we’re known as Team Super Sprinkles Unicorn Lovers United!  Only our team name is soooo much better!”

I shrug and nod in agreement.  “I can’t deny that!  But anyway…Is this Andrew guy…is he good?”

“I’d say so,” Roxi says with a nod. “Since he joined SCW he’s undefeated.  Some people might argue that he’s had easy opponents, but I think they’re wrong.  He’s pretty talented.”

“Oh..well that’s good I guess.”  I look back to the sheet of paper at our opponents. “Patient 026 and Mikah?”

Roxi nods and Melody rolls her eyes. “Ohhh boy.  Mikah!” She says very sarcastically.

“Is..is that not good?” I ask, and I look back to O’Malley.  He shrugs, acting as if he has no clue, and Melody and Roxi both aren’t sure what to say.

“Well, you’ve faced her before.  We faced her as a team with Desiree Drake and Mercedes.” She says, trying to trigger my memory I think, but nothing comes back to me.

“Oh.” I say, disappointed that I don’t remember. “How did that go?”

Melody smiles. “As if you have to ask?!  We beat them easily!  But Mikah likes to run her mouth saying that I carried the whole team, but we all know we worked pretty well together!  She’s just moody all the time for whatever reason.”

“I’m starting to think maybe this isn’t such a good idea.” I say, handing the sheet of paper back to Roxi.  I frown disappointedly with so many thoughts running through my head.  Melody, Roxi and O’Malley glance at one another, knowing they need to reassure me everything will be fine.

“Don’t worry!” Melody says, patting my back. “Everything will be peachy keen!”

“Melody is right,” Roxi adds, and even O’Malley places both hands on my shoulders, rubbing them a little. “We’re going to help you get ready for this and you’ll do just fine!”

“I’m not so sure, ladies.” I say, trying my best to wipe the frown of my face, but it’s easier said than done.  “I mean, Mikah has the advantage here.  She remembers how to wrestle.  I don’t!”

“But ye have the advantage that ye know who yer partner is.  Mikah doesn’t.” O’Malley says, trying to reassure me.  I raise an eyebrow, confused.

“Huh?” I ask, looking around at each of them as they are nodding to me.

“O’Malley is right.” Roxi says, looking at the paper again. “This Patient 026 guy is completely new.  I haven’t even heard of him until tonight, so I’m sure Mikah knows nothing about them either.  You could easily search for Andrew to try and talk to him.”

“Do you think I should?!” I’m suddenly excited and more than willing to go look for Andrew Watts.

Melody and Roxi both laugh and shake their heads. “Maybe not tonight, but I wouldn’t see the harm in contacting him this week.  You two need to be on the same page before this match.  Melody and I will work on getting you trained, though.  Oh!  But before I forget…did you happen to notice where the show is next week?”

I shake my head.  I wasn’t worried about the location, really.  She holds out the sheet of paper for me again.  I take it and glance at the location. “Belfast, Ireland.”  Melody and Roxi immediately look back to O’Malley.  He doesn’t even try to hide the smile on his face.

“Looks like ye’ll be wrestling in my home country, love.” He says, but I get the feeling there is more behind his tone than just that.  I can’t place it though.

“That’s great! You’ll have to show me around then!” I’m even more excited now.  I know I need to focus more on learning to wrestle again and getting one hundred percent prepared for this match, but I hope I can at least get some free time to do some sight seeing.

“Absolutely, love.” O’Malley says and I can tell by the sound of his voice that he is looking forward to it.  “I’ve got a very good feeling about next week now, ladies.”

I don’t know if it’s the excitement of wrestling, or maybe even the fact that I’ll be visiting Ireland, but I’m suddenly looking forward to next week a whole lot more.  I have a lot of work to do, but I have three wonderful friends that are going to help me through it.  Oh yeah, and that reminds me…

I need to find where Dixie wandered off to…

KILL HER WITH KINDNESS
**OFF CAMERA**

“This week has been a really long and difficult week, but I’ve made it through it!  Melody has been hard at work trying to whip me into shape and teach me how to wrestle again and let me tell you this…She may seem all fun and happy go-lucky but man oh man, as a teacher she’s a bit crazy!  It’s all—“

*AHEM*“Umm…Misty, love..It might help if ye hit the record button.”

“Huh?  Are you serious?  Oh my God!  I’m such an idiot!  Please don’t tell anyone I did this, because it will really make me look like a fool.”

I fumble around with the camera a bit until I find the right button.  Once I hit it, I see a little red light come on.

**ON CAMERA**

“Okay, let me try this again.  So, as I was saying before…Melody has been a busy bee trying to get me ready for my match on Sunday.  It’s been hard work, let me tell you, and I don’t think I’ll be quite prepared for it, but I have to give it a shot.  Not only for myself, but for my partner, too!”

“I hope I can trust him.  I mean, I don’t know much about him, other than what Roxi and Melody have told me and hell, even what he has told me himself on Twitter, but, I think he wants to win this thing badly enough that I should be able to trust him.  I think in a way, I can sort of identify with that Mikah girl.  I mean, I guess because I don’t know Andrew all that well, I guess he is sort of like a mystery partner to me, right?  I guess the only difference is that he has at least reached out to me…tried talking to me and even offered to hang out so we can get to know one another.  Poor Mikah doesn’t even have that advantage.”

“Anyway, I’m getting all over the place aren’t I?  Back to my partner…Andrew Watts is his name, winning is his game!  Or…so I’ve been told.  I guess I should feel lucky to have him as a partner, huh?  I’ve kinda been talking to him lately, and he’s helping me out telling me all these things about SCW, and the people in it.  He said there are a lot of inbred hillbillies.. some weird tickling fetish Bombshells... and some guys named The Dick Lick Clique?  Those guys just sound…not so great.”

“Andrew, I do need to apologize to you, though.  I’m sorry that you got stuck with me as a partner, considering my amnesia and all.  I don’t know how much use I will be in this tournament but I can promise you that I’ll give it my all!  You probably know way more about me than I know about myself, too.  I mean, I hear I’m one of, if the THE best Bombshell, but even I find that hard to believe.  I don’t know if my memory will come back by this Sunday, but there is still a whole lot of time before the end of the tournament so…maybe by then?  I don’t know…you get my point!”

“I’m not going to disappoint you!  I heard that this Mikah girl is also your stablemate, whatever that means, but I guess it means you’re friends, right?  Well, I’m really sorry about that.  I was worried that I would have to face Roxi or Melody, and with Melody advancing there is still that chance, so I know having your friend on the opposite side has to be a bummer.  I’ll try not to hurt her though.  I don’t want to ruin a friendship over this!”

“But what about Mikah’s partner?  Patient 026 or something?  Who the hell is that?  I guess this is the one case where I’m not the only one to not know something about someone, huh?  You know, I have to wonder how it is even fair that we’re facing someone we know nothing about!  I mean, at least Mikah knows Andrew and me and this Patient 026 guy can just look in the archives or something and find out whatever information he needs.  But me and Andrew?  We’re like, left in the dark.  How is that fair?”

“Patient 026…Who the hell are you?  Why are you not revealing who you are?  Are you scared or something, because if you aren’t, you’re sort of giving off the impression that you are.  Sorry for all these questions, but I’m just really curious.  I mean, I’m sure you know everything about me and Andrew.  I’m sure you are doing all your research, preparing for us and what we’ll bring to this match, but…what the hell can we expect from you?  You’re keeping everything hidden for whatever reason!”

“Oh well…I guess I shouldn’t care.  I mean, I’m sure Andrew will handle you just find in our match.  Did you know he’s undefeated here in SCW?!  I really lucked out getting him as my partner! \'smile.gif\'

“I have to admit, I feel really bad for you, Mikah.  I mean, you have no idea what your partner looks like or how they wrestle or ANYTHING.  You’re more in the dark than I am, sweetie.  Oh…oops.  I shouldn’t call you that because I’ve been told that you hate me.”

“I’m not sure why, though.  I can’t remember what I did to you before I lost my memory, but I just want to say I’m sorry.  I’m sure I did some things that I wasn’t proud of, but I honestly don’t remember any of it, so can’t we just get along?  I mean…after me and Andrew win this match, because I hate to break it to you but that is exactly what is going to happen.”

“Chances are, that probably won’t happen, because I’m sure once I get my memory back, I’ll remember how much of a bitch you are, according to everyone else.  Roxi and Melody filled me in on our last encounter.  They showed me our match, and even went back into the archives and showed me some of your promos and jeez, girl, I hate to ask this but…Do you have your period twenty-four seven?  Because that is really what it seems like.”

“Your attitude is just so horrible.  Maybe a chocolate bar will make you feel better?  A bottle of midol?  Something…ANYTHING…Just try smiling!  It’s really not that bad, you know.  I mean, I have all the reason in the world to be angry and upset right now, but I’m making the best of everything.  You, you’re just awful to everyone and I’m not sure why.”

“Everyone tells me that you’re particularly not fond of me because I’ve accomplished so much here in SCW and you haven’t.  I mean, anyone who knows me knows what I’ve done.  I might not remember, but all I have to do is look into the archives and I’ll have my proof.  But..I haven’t found much of anything on you.  Except you had a shot being the first Bombshell Internet Champion and you lost.  Damn, I’m sorry.”

“Did you know I was the first Bombshell Champion?  Awesome, right?  I wish I could remember, because I’m sure it was an amazing feeling.  Oops…I started talking about myself again.  I’m sorry.  I’m trying to stay focused, but…I’m not used to all this!”

“Mikah, I’m sure you want to win this match and hell, even the whole damn tournament, but I think you know that’s not going to happen.  I might not be able to pick up the win for my team, but I’ve got your friend Andrew on my side, so that is all the support I need!  I’m going to help him get his shot at the Heavyweight Title, and he’s going to get help me get my shot at the Bombshell Title.  You can go back to, I don’t know…doing your nails or focusing on your looks.  Whatever it is that makes you happy, because that’s all that matters.”

“I’d love nothing more than to see you smile, Mikah!  Even if you hate me.  Everyone should smile.  Turn that frown upside down.  I will admit you’re already pretty, but you’d look so much better with a genuine smile on your face.  And please don’t hate me.  I know I probably gave you a reason to hate me before, but I’m not that person anymore.  At least not right now anyway.”

“OH MY GOD!  I have an idea!  You should hang out with me, Melody and Roxi sometime.  We can all have lots of fun!  I mean..only if you want to.  But, I’m sure all you want to do is kick my ass.  I’m just trying to be nice.  I really don’t want to fight you, Mikah.  I barely remember how to fight, so in a way…I think this will just be more like self-defense, because I know I plan to extend a friendly hand to you before our match.  It’s really up to you how you’ll react but know this…”

“I’ll be ready for you!  I may not be back to my old self, but trust me when I say, I know what to expect from you, sweetie!  Hell, you don’t even know what Misty will be coming at you on Sunday!  Is it the old Misty, who I’ve been told has kicked so much ass in that six-sided ring, or will it be a new and improved more determined Misty?  I’ll let you figure that one out on Sunday!”

“Mikah, please don’t be mad about anything I’ve said in this thing.  I’m only doing what everyone keeps telling is done in these promo things.  Personally, I think it’s silly to just go on and on insulting your opponent and all because when it comes down to it, it’s all about what you do in the ring, right?!  Or…am I wrong?  I really can’t remember, but I’m sure going to find out on Sunday!”

“Anyway, I guess this is where I should wrap things up.  I don’t want to just talk on and on and be all boring and stuff, but…I just wanted to get some things said, you know?!  I really do wish you the best of luck, Mikah, because if what everyone keeps telling me is true, you’re really going to need it.  I’m hoping everything just comes naturally to me so I can put on one hell of a match with you!  I’d really like that!”

“And as for Patient 026…whoever you are…Good luck against Andrew!  I know he really wants to win this thing, too, so…You’ve got your work cut out for ya.”

“See you two on Sunday!  May the better team win!  And trust me…Andrew and I plan on doing just that!”

I look at O'Malley who is standing out of view of the camera.

"How was that?  Did I do everything right?  Wait...why am I asking you?  You've never filmed one of these promo things!"

He clears his throat again, and I look at him, confused, before he points to the camera, reminding me it's still recording.

"CRAP!  They can edit this out, right?"

O'Malley laughs and I lean forward, tapping the button once again and the scene fades away!
>