Author Topic: I thought the rebellion had been squashed?  (Read 320 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
I thought the rebellion had been squashed?
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
 Despite a valiant effort by Connor and Steve they lost the Tag Title Match to the Bosom Buddies, would they get a rematch in the future? Time would tell but for now they had another tag team match ahead of them and it was a return match against Rebels on a Rampage or R.O.A.R., Steve and Connor defeated the big guys two weeks ago and got their title shot out of it but will the same thing happen this week?

Small café, Bakersfield, California
December 12th, 2014, 11:00am

On the first day of Christmas SCW gave to me, a rematch against R.O.A.R.!

No I’m not going to be doing that for every day until Christmas, for one thing those kind of jokes have been done to death both on forums and social media like Facebook, trust me, if I did a drinking game for each time I saw a 12 Days of Christmas gag on Facebook since the month began I wouldn’t be able to compete on Sunday on account of me being in an alcohol induced coma.

Then again watching Mean Girls promos tends to have the same effect and I turn out fine, if not a little hung over.

But that’s only part of the reason you’re watching this promo, you want to know why I was out there distracting Power Play during their match against the Players Club last week on Climax Control, don’t you? The obvious answer would be that they attacked me and Connor after our initial match with R.O.A.R. and I wanted to get some payback without stooping to their level and you’d be right, besides it was fun watching them get their asses kicked for paying attention to me rather than their opponents!

Never mind the fact that they, somehow, managed to pull out a win despite all of that.

Anyway, yeah, they decided to give R.O.A.R. another shot at me and Connor, why? Don’t have a clue, I thought we beat them pretty decisively two weeks ago despite them having the obvious size and weight advantage but their former champs so hey, maybe they’ll turn the tides this time.

Or maybe history repeats and we get another shot at the titles and win, who knows?

Anyway I’m at a local café in Bakersfield watching the first ASW Showdown event from Arizona on my laptop, like I said on Twitter yesterday I couldn’t make it to the show because I had a match to train for and I am enjoying the action so far, at the moment I’m up to the match between Andreas Bergfalk and Chris Mosh which is just wrapping up.

“Ohhh, somebody check the cheap seats for that kid’s head!” I winced as Andreas hit his finisher, a Running Big Boot aptly titled “Off with Your Head”, to win the match in a result that didn’t exactly surprise me given the weight difference. “I think I just found my favorite for the Heavyweight Title Tournament.”

“I didn’t realize that you were looking to take Max’s job as ASW’s ring announcer.” I heard a familiar voice quip and I looked up seeing Jessie who was thoroughly tanned thanks to the hot Arizona sun no doubt. “Trust me, that kick looked even more brutal in person.”

“I can imagine, I don’t like the guy but I can see why Matthew took this Andreas guy under his wing.” I responded as I closed the laptop lid and she joined me at the table. “I’ll have to try to make it to next week’s ASW show, that’s for certain.”

“You can’t, Kreator show in London, remember?” Jessie reminded me and I frowned when I realized that. “Besides, as fun as watching ASW live was, it can’t compare to seeing Kreator live for the first time.”

“Definitely, I know from their show at Wacken that their set will be awesome.” I responded as I took a sip from my drink. “By the way, did you see the Bloodstock announcement?”

“If you mean Pro-Pain, Korpiklanni and Enslaved then yeah, I saw it and tweeted about it.” Jessie responded with a nod and a grin. “It was definitely a step up from the Trivium announcement last week.”

“Jess, One Direction would’ve been a step up from Trivium.” I responded and Jessie shuddered. “Wait, that’s not right, Trivium has actually made good music and isn’t corporate!”

“Isn’t corporate? They couldn’t be more corporate if they tried, then again your comparing them to One Direction which I guess is the point.” Jessie responded before shaking her head. “By the way, where’s Charlotte? I thought you were scared to let her out of your sites following the Gabriel fiasco earlier this year.”

“Thanks for the reminder.” I grunted and Jessie winced. “Seriously though, she’s looking after Sophie, she caught a cold over the weekend and I didn’t want to disturb them hence why I brought the laptop here.”

“Sorry to hear that, hope she gets better.” Jessie responded as she shook her head. “I don’t think I’m ready for a big leap like pregnancy yet anyway, I mean I’d have to put my career on hold for nine months and I’m 24 years old that would be career suicide at this point, not to mention that I just won the Tag Titles again and I want to win the Bombshell Title at some point.”

“You could still recover the momentum but I can see what you mean.” I responded with a nod as Jessie ordered herself a drink, “Speaking of pregnancy, you know how I mentioned before that Charlotte wants another baby?”

“Yeah, I remember that your promo for the Make a Wish event a few months back ended with Charlotte telling you that she wanted another kid.” Jessie responded and I nodded. “Why do you bring….” Jessie trailed off before it hit her. “You don’t mean….”

“Charlotte confirmed it last night, she’s three months pregnant.” I responded with a big grin which Jessie returned. “Too early to tell if it’s a boy or a girl yet but I’m hoping for a boy just too even things out a bit.”

“Going for that whole “nuclear family” thing huh?” Jessie asked and I nodded. “Seriously though, congrats, but does this mean you’re missing Bloodstock?”

“Baby’s due in June and we talked about it, she’ll be missing Bloodstock for obvious reasons but she’s okay with me going since I booked my ticket before she got pregnant again.” I responded before turning to Jessie. “So, any ideas for what you’d call your kids?”

“Not really, I’d wait until I sure of their gender before I decided on a name if I got pregnant.” Jessie responded with a nod. “One thing I definitely want to do is be a better parent than my initial step parents were, at least that won’t be hard to do.”

“Just between you and me, I think you’d make a great mom.” I complemented her and Jessie grinned at that.

“Thanks.” Jessie responded as she received her drink. “What about you? Any name ideas yet?”

“A couple, if it’s a boy I’ll name him something like Marcus or Ryan, if it’s another girl I’ll name her Chloe or Chelsea, guess I’ll make my mind up when I confirm the baby’s gender.” I responded and Jessie nodded, after a few minutes we finished our drinks and Jessie stood up once she paid for her drink.

“Well, it was fun but I have to get going, I promised Shane that I’d meet him for a romantic lunch.” Jessie said as she started to walk off. “Just don’t’ tell him what I said about pregnancy okay, I want to make sure that I’m ready for such a step before I tell him.”

“My lips are sealed.” I reassured her and Jessie grinned before walking off, once I noticed the camera I grinned. “Quite a bombshell I just dropped huh? No I’m not talking about Jessie! Second baby on the way and it’s not even Christmas yet! Obviously my spirits are riding high at the moment and this week I hope to continue my good luck as I team up with Connor Murphy to take on Rebels on a Rampage in a rematch!”

First up is Jeremiah.

“Jeremiah, quick question, how’s your chin? Is it still sore from the Fearless Shot? Good! This week you’re getting more of the same from me! I’m not really sure why the bosses booked the rematch between the two teams because I thought that we had beaten R.O.A.R. pretty decisively not to mention the fact that that was the second straight tag team win I have against you, don’t worry I’ll make it three for three in the match on Sunday!”

Next up is Dark Tiger.

“As for the big guy, you may be big and strong Dark Tiger but we proved during our last match that strength can be beaten pretty easily by speed and we have a lot of speed on our side! What good will your size and strength advantage do you when you can’t even grab hold of one of us because we’ve slipped from your grasp? I think I just answered my own question!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“It’s the season to be jolly for most people but for R.O.A.R. it’s the season to get their asses kicked by me and Connor, we’ll beat you again R.O.A.R. and this time when we get our shots at the tag titles we’re bringing those titles home for the holidays because there’s nothing to fear but fear itself and there’s no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone!”

I lifted up the laptop lid to finish watching the show as the scene fades.
user posted image