Author Topic: "Seasons beatings.."  (Read 299 times)

Offline Gavin Stephens

• View Profile
    • Gavin Stephens
"Seasons beatings.."
« on: December 12, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »

\'user
    On the previous edition of Climax Control, we were allowed to witness Gavin Stephens annihilate Hydro.  It was expected..  It was easy.  And - it'd of been easy no matter what, no matter what Hydro did, no matter how he did it.  At the very end of the day, the result would have always..  always been the same.  Gavin Stephens going over the water boy.  That was the way things were, that was how they were always going to be, and it was time everyone understood that fact.  It was time to start further ascending forward, further moving upward through the ranks of Sin City Wrestling, though.  That required progress, that required further decimation of the citizens of Sin City Wrestling.  It required further effort on Gavin's part and fortunately, tis the season to be generous.  So the beatings..  the beatings were going to be very, very generous this year for anyone who stood in his way.  Fortunately, the stock in Gavin Stephens was rising around here.  He had proven himself far beyond those humble beginnings as more of a major threat.  And while he might of been in the opener on this coming Climax Control?

He firmly believed in the notion of starting off strongly. So starting off the program against Bo Dreamwolf?  He wasn't offended.  He looked forward to kicking things off.  Making sure the show began with a bang was no easy feat, but, if anyone could do it, it was perhaps the hottest rising talent on the roster.  He wasn't fully aware of this Dreamwolf fellow, he didn't know tons about the man and he was sort of coming in blind other than with the knowledge that at one point in this individuals history he had held onto the SCW Roulette Championship.  The man was making a comeback, sure, and you didn't want to be a returning talents successful comeback opponent.  So - there was a bit more to lose than there was to gain here.  But Stephens was ready to show the world as he always did, exactly what he was capable of.  And why Bo would wish he hadn't even bothered to come back.  It was simple, kill Dreamwolf's chances before he even had the chance to make his return felt.  To make his come back feel as if it mattered in some way.  And - who better for the job than Gavin Stephens?!

<cENTER>= = = = =

The scene commences at the home of Mikah and Gavin Stephens, with Gavin sitting up in his study scribbling in a notebook for one reason or another.  The room was rather dimly lit and from the look out of the window, it seemed to be the dead of night.  The digital clock near him read that it was three at night, give or take a few minutes.  And for some reason, Stephens continued to write in the notepad, mumbling to himself.  Just what in the world was he doing?  No Mikah in sight so that left one to assume she was asleep, and Stephens was on his own.  Which was rather strange given the couple tended to be a bit inseparable at times.  Stephens began to mumble again as he scribbled something down upon the piece of paper..

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “...  Dreamwolf.."

He said in an annoyed tone of voice, acting as if he were deep in thought..  Why?  Well, there were reasons.  The name alone wasn't really enough to deeply perplex anyone, for any purpose.  There was some particular reason Stephens was stuck on this, consistently running it through his mind time and time again.  But why?  Why oh why would Stephens care about an opponent as much as he did this one, seemingly?!

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “Meme..  wolf..  Damnit, no."

No luck, but the words made it immediately more obvious what he was doing.  He'd referenced something on Twitter, making a bad joke earlier in the week about being Bo's 'nightmare... wolf' then stating that he would come up with better come the show.  This seemed to be him in the process of ironing out and determining just what was 'better' and what was not.  Though, he seemed to be having little luck thus far in doing so.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “Bo 'Gonna Make You' Creamwolf..  maybe if he came back with a Magic Mike gimmick.  Ugh."

Normally he would of laughed like an idiot at that one but, there was no time.  He needed better, he needed something nice and funny.  But thus far, he was having trouble in that regard.  He couldn't quite figure out something as good as he needed.  Sometimes it was easy, with people like Hydro, the name pretty much left itself open for a bunch of bad water jokes that fit, simply because he chose that name for himself.  But Dreamwolf..  that was a bit of a rough one.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “I said I'd have better at Climax Control, but, nothing!  Ugh.  What the hell is a Dreamwolf, anyway?"

Stephens sighed, trying to scrape deep into the inner machinations of his mind and figure out what could work, and what didn't.  But thus far, he was drawing blanks.  Lots and lots of blanks and there was no, no way around it all.  The man desperately required some inspiration but at a time like this, as late as it was, there was no inspiration to be had no matter how bad he needed it.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “Bo..  Creampuff.  Eh, maybe."

Finally, a maybe, which he scribbled down under the list of other 'maybes'.  It wasn't perfect though, it wasn't that Gavin Stephens quality we'd all came to expect.  He needed something with an added, extra oomph to it.  And he wasn't finding that right off, that was perhaps the most disappointing thing here thus far.  Nothing was catching fire as it should, and it was quite the bummer indeed.

MIKAH:
    “Really Gavin?  You got up out of bed at three at night to try to make up mean nicknames for your opponent?"

Jumping out of his skin as Mikah startled him a bit, he turned and saw her, letting out a sigh after he'd regained his composure.  If she'd of been a gun, Gavin would of been dead, that's how surprised he was.  Fortunately, she wasn't.  He turned his office chair, complete with the awesome spinny..  swivel function, the word is swivel (slipped his mind for a sec, damn), around in the direction of Mikah.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “Kinda.."

Stephens grabbed his notebook from the desk and looked in her direction, he was still contemplating as he waited for her to speak.  One thing could be said for him, when he wanted to figure something out, he certainly stuck to his guns.  But would he ever figure anything out to help his appetite of picking at his opponent?  Or would his later talking pieces be forever void of bad Dreamwolf jokes?

MIKAH:
    “...  Okay, and why?"

Mikah spoke with a bit of a disapproving tone, though, she understood Gavin better than anyone.  She knew a big part of his persona was bullying his opponent, and, who better to bully than this guy?  Even if he wasn't a scrawny runt or anyone that you'd think would be the perfect subject to push around, he just..  something about him.  Something about the returning star was ripe for Gavin to pick upon.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “Because it's funny.  But - do you know how hard it is to make a Dreamwolf joke?  It's already bad enough, and yes, yes I know it's some Indian thing but still..  I've been sitting here and everything I come up with sounds cooler than Dreamwolf.  There was actually a moment I came up with Laserbeamwolf and thought that sounded too bad ass to the point I was afraid he'd use it."

The man thought he was weaving gold with that one, though, it probably wasn't much better than the name Dreamwolf already.  Though, a wolf with a laser beam to Gavin's tired brain sounded a whole lot cooler at the moment.  Mikah clearly wasn't impressed, given the expression across her pretty face.  But - it took a lot to impress that lady.

MIKAH:
    “Gavin, honey, here's an idea..  just kick his ass and be done with it."

Kick his ass..  and be done with it?  Huh.  That..  that was just crazy enough to work!  Who needed to call him anything?!  Gavin sat his notepad down, and then the pencil down for the first time this whole night.  And for once, he had stopped thinking of going back and going for another attempt at a name for this dude.  Mikah's novel idea had seemingly been the approach that he wished to run with.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “You're right..  Just do what I do best, forget making fun of his name, it does a good enough job of that on it's own.  Thanks Mik.  I promise, come Climax Control, I'll make him scream.. wolf."

He said as he stood up, moved over to her and sliding his arms around her..  Though, her eyebrow raised curiously at 'scream..  wolf', then she just proceeded to shake her head.  She gave him a peck on the lips then turned and walked off, sighing at her husband.  He was something, that much was sure.  But - right now she was too tired for his foray into ridiculousness.  

MIKAH:
    “You're never going to make that work!"

She yelled out as she went upstairs, Gavin just stood there, slowly following after her with a smile on his face.  He couldn't help it.  It was just so fun to do that, make stuff up in regards to Dreamwolf.  It was the last chance he would receive to make jokes and play some games before showtime, after all!

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    “I had to try, okay?!"

Mikah peered down the stairs and just shook her head and kept walking off, back in the direction of bed.  Though, she had a little bit of a grin on her face.  Stephens finally decided to call it a day, ripping the pages he had used out of the notebook and throwing them into a near by trash can.  He stood up and walked off, following her to bed, leaving the scene to come to an end with Gavin having some much needed clarity about the situation and what he needed to do.  And what that was, was simple.  Not get caught up in making fun, but instead, deal with Dreamwolf..  the same way he'd dealt with Hydro.  Who knew Mikah would of been the voice of reason there?!

= = = = =

We open up to a video captured earlier today of a man who looked a lot like Gavin Stephens (security footage can be blurry!) who was seen to be assaulting a man in a Santa Suit outside of a local department story.  'Stephens' was observed taking the mans Santa hat, and other Christmas items including a few gifts the man had been carrying.  'Gavin' was also caught beating up Santa with his own sack of presents..  Though, that is where the footage ends.  Despite that, it began going around the arena all day - rumors that it had been Stephens.

Though nothing was confirmed.  Arriving to the show a bit later than Mikah, as he had left a bit later than her having claimed he had something to do.  Finally Stephens pushed through the doors to the arena wearing a Santa hat in which he may have stolen and carrying a green sack over his back..  Something that a Santa might carry..  Okay, maybe there was some truth to the rumors.

MIKAH:
    “Gavin..  you beat up a Santa, didn't you?"

Stephens wore his typical attire otherwise, the black hoodie with 'Rejects' patched on the front.  And the words 'DIE DREAMWOLF' spray painted across the back of the hoodie as he often wore as a shoutout to his opponents or those he was feuding with at the time.  Stephens put a innocent look across his face.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Noooooope.  Here's a gift for you..  Really hot wife of mine.  Now shush before you get me arrested for assault."

Gavin coughed as he handed Mikah a gift, her gift?  It was a "Big Titty Committee" t-shirt, which he had dubbed her team with Desiree, and Mercedes this evening.  He'd even gotten them a logo worked up!  Which..  Mikah probably would not use, much to his disappointment.  But he continued to walk down the hall, dragging his sack along with him.  He stopped as he went through the locker rooms and peered at the door of the Players Club.  He looked through his bag and found a present for them..  

Strap-ons and lube.  Though, those poor souls couldn't get any more fucked than they already were, given all the talent that walked through the door and overshadowed them..  It was still a kind gesture!  Stephens continued to strut down the hall, adjusting his Santa hat, when he came to some guys he had hired to bring something into the building before he arrived.  It was a large, Santa-esque chair.  Stephens proceeded to take a seat upon it once the fellows had finished, a devilish grin appearing across his face as the camera centered upon him.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Christmas, tis the season for giving!  All that jazz, and tonight, Bo Dreamwolf makes his triumphant return just in time for the Holidays!  Gosh golly, what a happy time?!"

He put on his best 'excited' face, though, he was having a hard time feigning it.  The man just shook his head as he kicked back in his rocking chair.  Christmas meant a lot of things to a lot of people, but we were about to find out exactly what it meant to Gavin.  Though you could tell he wasn't all too happy about the season given his demeanor as he spoke of the holiday.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "'Cept it isn't.."

And there was the part where Gavin proceeded to rain on everybody's parade.  A regular Scrooge, despite both his twitter username and current clothing.  He was not a beacon of Christmas cheer, he was not happy with the season.  He was the opposite of that.  Never the less, as per the usual, there was a method to his madness.  Though it was hard to navigate that and see what the method was, right now.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "The Holidays lead people to think they deserve being given things.  Christmas leads people to believe that if you're 'good all year long', or that if you're a good person, that you..  That you're going to deserve a gift come the Holidays.  That you deserve presents.  But the fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how good you've been.  It doesn't matter if you're nice."

Or so he kept telling himself because he was a jerk year round.  Never the less, he leaned over towards the camera, giving off a mischievous grin.  He was proud, very much so of everything he was saying.  Sure it was a bit evil, a bit cruel of him to talk negatively of Christmas.  After all, the meaning of the season was to be good to your fellow man and all that.  But Stephens..  Stephens was not good, not to anyone.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Just like in a lot of places in the world in professional wrestling, Christmas is a popularity contest.  Usually, you get more if you kiss up."

Stephens was honest.  People were too preoccupied with being friendly, making buddies, and all that.  But he wasn't.  He shrugged and continued to kick back in his rocking chair, rocking back and forth as he contemplated what to say next.  He looked down at his watch, checking to see how long he had left before his match.  The time was coming, and he was itching to get out there and compete.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Me?  I earn what I get year round, and if I feel I haven't gotten my fair share - I take.  I don't expect fictional fat men to break an entering and leave me something under a God damn tree."

Sitting in his seat, he kept having trouble controlling his santa hat, which kept trying to slide off his head.  Or it would try to slide down on his head and obscure his vision.  Perhaps he'd stolen the wrong size of one, or something..  Stephens took a moment to adjust it again, then turned his gaze upon the camera once more.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "And let me tell you what you shouldn't expect, Bo."

Stephens slumped over in his seat, looking right into the camera with those evil eyes of his.  The man had pretty much mastered that whole 'give someone a mean look' thing.  What was it that Bo should not expect though?  That was indeed the question.  And it was a question that one could assume Gavin had an answer for, otherwise..  Why would he bring it up in the first place?!

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "You picked a funny time to throw your hat back into the ring, and I know, I know.  You're probably expecting to come back, get yourself a nice cushy little pay check and provide for your family!  I get that.  The human in me would respect that if that were indeed the case.  But - in that ring?  In this business, it pays to be inhuman.  It pays to be a monster."

He spoke as if the human part of him was somehow..  not there, or less relevant for one reason or another.  He looked down at the Rejects logo on his hoodie, which he represented a part of a little group that had dubbed themselves that in recent weeks.  To him - he had always bee rejected due to being harsh, due to being the 'bad guy' and thriving on it.  Tonight was no different in that same regard.  People would gasp at the way he was talking to the former Roulette Champion..  But so what?

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "I don't care what your sob story is, and why you chose now to return to this company.  Let me convey to you what is going to happen this evening, Dreamwolf.  You're going to lose.  No matter how hard you wish for a Christmas miracle.  No matter how hard you dance around a fire trying to make it rain, your career is in a drought that's just going to keep getting dry, to the point it becomes a desolate wasteland."

This was Gavin not making jokes..  He was being cruel and vile in the direction of a man he didn't even know, all for the sake of pushing his own career forward.  No pandering to the public, no trying to make friends.  His soul purpose here was to cut his opponent down before the two of them even managed to step into a wrestling ring together.  And here he was, doing that exact thing, just as he'd laid it out.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Christmas for you, and everyone else in SCW is canceled.  Because - like it or not, you're all not getting what you want this year.  Me and my associates are NOT going away.  We will not leave.  We will not back down from anyone on this roster.  And we'll continue to run over anyone you throw at us.  So my gift to all of you this year?  The clarity of knowing that what you see before you?  It is what you'll be seeing till the day comes where we're good and ready to leave."

The fine print was that they weren't good and ready to go anywhere, but, the tone of his voice rose.  He was speaking as if he were commanding them all to accept it.  The man really knew how to make a speech, that much was obvious from all this.  Would Dreamwolf come back with a rebuttal?  Or would Gavin Stephens be getting the very last words prior to their match this evening?!

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "But Dreamwolf will not get to witness our continued ascension.  Tonight?  It simply marks the end of Dreamwolf.  Kind of funny really, you want to return right when there's a force of nature moving through the ranks that simply cannot be stopped.  But - it'll all be okay, Dreamwolf.  Some careers have to die so that others may thrive.  Some have to end so that others may ascend to the upper echelon of wrestling talents."

Harkening back to a speech he'd made upon his very first title win in the business way back in a previous company..  Some careers had to fall while others flourished, that was his Vision.  And it was a vision that he had every intention of seeing come full circle, especially here in Sin City Wrestling.  Hydro was the start..  Now it kept going through Dreamwolf.

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "And then others must sink into the depths..  You will be one of those, Bo.  Season of giving, or not.  The only thing you'll be receiving this year is a beating and an opportunity to tap out."

The so-called Visionary, a man who had taken to referring to himself as a 'snake' in recent memory stood up from his seat.  He glared into the camera, then to the bag of gifts he had acquired.  He was sure they were meant for the needy or something along those lines.  But he didn't particularly care.  It wasn't his job to be nice, it was his job to be a son of a bitch..

GAVIN STEPHENS:
    "Merry fuckin' Christmas."

Stephens grabbed the bag of presents, walking over to a rather large trash can, it was a good enough size to start dumping.  And dump he did, sending out a number of boxes into the can.  He filled it right to the top, then proceeded to pull put a packet of matches.  The ones from the week before he had utilized to burn up Melody's unicorn, and proceeded to set the boxes ablaze in the trash can.  The resident pyromaniac turned and started walking off from the scene as we faded to black with a close up view of Christmas burning away before our very eyes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:46:13 PM by Gavin Stephens »