Author Topic: Gambling on a return  (Read 284 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Gambling on a return
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:23:21 PM »
 Connor Murphy, Irish rogue looked up from the fanned out cards in his hands.  Eyes narrowed, he takes in his competitor and then once again flicks a glance at his cards.  Looking back up, he leans forward and pulls the cards to his chest.

“Do you think you can bluff me?” he comments slowly as he spares a quick glance at his cards as if expecting them to change.  Finally, reaching for the dark coloured beverage at his right hand, he tilts up the shotglass and drains it quickly before slamming the glass on the table.  

“Okay missy, you got any threes?”

The camera turns to reveal Eden Staggs sitting across from Connor and giggling at him as she takes her own shotglass and imitates him by shooting it quickly then slamming it down on her side of the table.

“Go FISH!” she squeals excitedly as she waves her cards so that everyone could see.  Behind them, Spike can be seen checking on the turkey while Vixen leans against the counter, her hand resting on a slight rounding of her stomach.

“Connor, you shouldn’t be teaching Eden bad habits like that,” warns Vixen as she moves to sit beside Eden, ruffling her hair with a smile.  â€œBesides, what is this I hear that you are returning to SCW and NXT.  Didn’t you get the memo that Spike put an end to our stable.”

“I got the memo Vixie but that doesn’t mean I have to listen to it.  And teaming with Steve Ramone this week against ROAR will be just the thing to bring it back don’t ya think?” enquires Connor as he leans back as Eden once again fills the pair of shot glasses with grape juice.  Connor holds up his hand as he winks at Vixen.  â€œHey Missy, don’tcha think that we have had enough of the hard stuff?  Why don’t we drink this up and then you can go and roll Uncle Devlin.”

Eden nods with a very minx like grin.  The pair hold up the glasses and with a quick clink, shoot the grape juice like pros.  Connor even adds the wince to the end of his drink which only gets more giggles from Eden who then pushes back from the table.  â€œWhere is Uncle Devlin Mommie Vixen?” she asks.

Pointing towards the living room, Vixen directs Eden towards the hiding place of Devlin who is watching football with Timmy and giving him a lesson in CFL vs NFL vs college bowl games or so he thinks.  Eden rushes into the room and climbing on the arm of the couch near Dev, she puts her feet on his lap as she leans against his shoulder.

Back in the kitchen where Vixen is picking up the glasses as Connor grabs the cards, shuffling them into some semblance of order.  â€œSeriously Connor, you have been out for a while, so you have no clue what to expect with ROAR.  They have been close to the tag titles for a while now,” says Vixen.

“I don’t doubt that they are as good as you say but Vix, I ain’t been sittin’ on my ass for this whole time I have been away you know,” replies Connor as he pats himself down for a cigarette pack.  Finding it, he opens the package and slides a cigarette between his lips only to have it taken before he can light it.

“Not in the house Connor,” admonishes Vixen.

“Fine!” he exclaims as he snatches the cigarette from the pregnant woman.  â€œI hope you have twins and them two give you and Spike the same grief that you gave me when you were younger!”

“Well…speaking of being pregnant…I’ve got a surprise for everyone.  But that is for later,” says Vixen as Eden returns and leans against the table beside Connor who is shuffling the cards.  Lightly shaking a plastic bag filled with pretzel sticks, Eden smiles as she fixes Connor with a gaze.

“Wanna play again Connor?” she asks with a mischievous grin and a wink for her stepmother.  â€œI promise that I won’t take all your pretzels this time.”

“You’re on card shark,” he teases back as Vixen gets to her feet and with a slow shake of her head, heads toward Spike who opens his arms for an embrace to reveal the kiss the cook apron he has on as the scene fades out on Eden scampering onto the seat opposite Connor who is starting to deal out the cards.

“Okay Eden m’girl, time to learn a new game of cards called poker ,” he teases as he deals out the hand.