Author Topic: Soul Searching  (Read 308 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Soul Searching
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »
 Monday October 6th

Misty had several hours to consider what she was about to do.  She had thought about it as she drove away from the Fort Hood Military Base in Texas.  She contemplated the decisions in her mind on the flight back to Las Vegas.  She even debated it over and over again as she wrote the two letters which she was about to deliver before leaving Las Vegas behind for an unknown amount of time.  But while she knew that there would be a considerable amount of pain to follow what she was about to do, she also knew that she was only following a path of a shattered heart.

So she finished writing the letters and packed up as many clothes as she could.  She made a few phone calls and set something in motion that could not be turned back, and then she got into her dark blue Ford Edge and headed over to Spike and Vixen’s home.  No one was there, of course, as Spike and Vixen themselves hadn’t gotten home from Texas just yet and Timmy and Eden were in school.  Because she knew where the spare key was still hidden, she was able to let herself inside, but she had no plans on being there for long. She just headed to the master bedroom where she would leave the two notes where Spike and Vixen would find them when they returned home.

She left one addressed to each of them on the pillows of their bed before she turned and quickly headed out of the house, returning the spare key to its hiding place, then getting back into her car and heading for the airport.

Dear Spike,

Let me start by saying I’m sorry.  I can’t apologize enough for the pain I have caused our family over the last three years, but more specifically, over the last couple of months.  You need to know that the purpose for this letter, and the things I am going to say are to keep Eden safe and to stop her from being hurt ever again…by me or by anyone else.

Everything that has happened recently is my fault.  If I hadn’t started this war with the Mean Girls…with Delia…she wouldn’t have stooped so low as to go after our daughter.  Delia can think her intentions were good all she wants, but we both know she wasn’t.  If there is one thing I regret, it’s not calling the police right after I found out about that, because I should have.

I could have put a stop to this.  I could have stopped while I was ahead and just let things be and dropped this war against Delia, but I didn’t, and now there is no turning back.  The damage is already done, and now you’ve decided to step back and disband something you worked so hard for.

What you should have done, Spike, is to keep Eden away from me, because that is real problem.  Whether I am the cause of her tears or not, now she’ll just be used as a way to get to me, and I can’t allow that anymore.  I’m afraid of what this drama with the Mean Girls will further do to me, so I am going to make the decision.  From now on, I will be staying away from Eden to protect her.  Believe me, I don’t want to, but it has to be done.  I can’t allow Eden to be exposed to anymore pain and heartache because of me.  

I know Vixen will be a great mother to her.  She already has been over the last 2 years and I know in time Eden will understand why I made this decision.  You’ve always had her best interests at heart, but no matter how hard I’ve tried, I’ve never been the mother Eden needed me to be.  

I will have Eden’s things from my house delivered sometime this week.  As for me, I need to get away to clear my head.  I’m not sure how long I will be gone, but please…don’t try to contact me.  

Again, I am truly sorry and congratulations to you and Vixen on your upcoming addition to the family.  Eden will be a wonderful big sister, of that I am sure.

--Misty

Dear Vixen,

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me that you and Spike have made Eden a big sister.  I know she’s wanted nothing more than to have a baby brother or sister, and I’m happy for all of you.  Thank you for taking care of my little girl and being the mother I never could be.  I know you’ll continue to do a good job.

I wrote Spike a letter as well, as I’m sure you’ll find out at the same time, but this is my letter to you to hopefully get you to understand.  I have to protect her, Vixen.  I can’t keep hurting her or allowing her to be hurt, and I trust you’ll be the best mother to Eden.  You already have been.

I know it took us a long time in building this friendship we have, and some people might consider it strange under the circumstances, but I am glad we were able to put our differences aside and become the friends we are.  I want to thank you for offering your home in Canada as a place for me to get away to clear by head, but after some thought, I need to go elsewhere.  I’ve included your key with this letter.  I’m not sure exactly where that will be or how long I will be gone, but I know you’ll understand.  I already told Spike not to try and contact me, and I’m asking the same of you.  Spike might try and ignore it, but I trust you won’t and I also trust you’ll get him to understand.  

I don’t know how either of you will explain this to Eden, but I know either way, she will be hurt.  It pains me to know she will shed any more tears because of me, but you have to understand…it IS for her own well-being.  It might take her a while to understand that, but in time, she’ll grow to love you more as a mother and she’ll completely forget about me.  Please be there for her every step of the way.

I never wanted any of this to happen this way, but it is all for the best.  Thank you for all you have done and all you will continue to do for our family.  It means the world to me.

--Misty

Chicago, Illinois
It has been a little over twenty-four hours since Climax Control took place at the Fort Hood Military base in Texas.  After learning the awful truth about what happened between Drake Green and Delia, Misty couldn’t even get herself to stay for the entire show, and instead found herself getting on the first flight back to Las Vegas.  But, she wasn’t even planning to stay in Vegas, either.  She made a spur of the moment decision, and in her mind, she knew it was going to cause a lot of backlash.  But after she left Las Vegas, her next stop would be the very first city she called home.  But her reason for going to Chicago didn’t matter just yet.  But it would soon.

All that mattered right now was getting as far away as possible.  From what, though?

From Drake Green.  And from Delia FUCKING Darling!  Misty had to get away to try and clear her mind and get over the awful truth, if it was at all possible.  She knew there was at least one person that could snap her out of this dark place she was in, but that also meant possibly running into the man whose heart she had broken earlier this year because of her feelings for Drake Green.

As hard as she was trying to get Drake out of her mind, it was a task easier said than done.  Over the years, she had been the one to do the heart breaking, and end the relationships she was in, so to have the tables turned on her was a new experience for her.  One she didn’t really see coming, but she was going to do everything in her power to move past it.

After her flight landed in Chicago she drove straight to her ultimate destination.  She didn’t stop to check into her hotel room first.  No, she headed right to Frankie’s Gym…the place where she had received all of her formal wrestling training.  She wasn’t sure why she wanted to speak to Frankie.  She hadn’t seen the crabby old man since earlier this year, but she wasn’t turning back.  

She parked her rental car across the street from the building, but something immediately caught her eye.  The building that had been old and nearly falling apart on the outside was in the final stages of being remodeled.  She stepped out of the car and gazed at the “new” building so to speak and a brief smile flashed on her face.

“Huh,” she said to herself while folding her arms across her chest. “The old man finally listened to reason and fixed this place up.”  

As she glanced to the front entrance of the building, she also noticed an all too familiar truck.  Seth’s truck was parked in its place, and if there was any chance of avoiding Seth before, that chance was currently gone.  Misty takes in a deep breath then heads towards the door.

As was the case most times she visited, there was no one at the front desk.  Misty shakes her head and continues on her way, heading towards Frankie’s office, eager to see her mentor.  She glances into the training center where two prospective wrestlers are sparring in the ring and she sees no sign of Seth anywhere.

At least not until she stops in the doorway of Frankie’s office.  

She freezes in place as she looks at Seth, whose back is currently turned away.  He’s rummaging through a file cabinet looking for some papers and from the sound of his occasional mumbling and cursing under his breath, he’s having no luck finding what he is looking for.  

“Seth?”

The sound of Misty’s voice is enough grab his attention.  He immediately goes still and stops searching through the filing cabinet, but he doesn’t turn around.  Misty waits for him to respond, but when he doesn’t, she takes a step inside the office and closer to her ex.

“Seth, what are you doing in Frankie’s office?  Where is Frankie?”  She asks, waiting for an answer.  She’s not expecting a happy reaction from the man whose proposal she turned down just about six months ago, but right now she didn’t care.  

Seth straightens his posture and very slowly closes the drawer to the filing cabinet.  He turns around just as slowly to face Misty and to look into her eyes for the first time in six months.

“What are you doing here?” He asks, clearly less than thrilled to see her.

“I came here to see Frankie.” Misty responds with just a little more attitude. “I know you’re his second in charge around here, but if I remember correctly, he hates people going through his office.”

Seth looks away from Misty, obviously hiding something.  He sits down at the desk, opening a file on the computer.  Misty only thinks that his silence is due to the way their relationship had ended, and his clear hate for her.

“I know you didn’t want to see me again and maybe I should have called Frankie before I showed up here, but I didn’t have time to think.” Misty says, looking down at Seth as he continues to ignore her.  He lets out an obnoxious laugh and looks up at her with a fury in his eyes.

“Gee, big surprise there, Misty.” He snaps at her. “You never think much before you do things.”

“Okay, I deserve that.” She says, taking a seat across from Seth.  He glares at her, clearly wanting her to leave, but she doesn’t. “I never meant to hurt you, Seth.  Really, I didn’t.”

Seth rolls his eyes and begins typing something. “Yeah, well, you did.  So you can shove your apology up your ass.  Go back to your happy life with that pretty boy boyfriend of yours.”

The words sting more than Seth realizes.  Misty lowers her head and takes in a deep breath, fighting back tears.  From the corner of his eye, Seth notices Misty’s reaction and he turns to look at her.  Before he can even question her about what is going on, she speaks up with a shaky voice.

“Look…can you just…tell me where Frankie is?  When he’ll be here?” She asks, looking at Seth with pleading eyes. “He’s the only one who can talk me out of doing something right now, so I really need to talk to him.”

Seth takes in a deep breath and a saddened look falls over his face.  He leans back in the chair, trying to figure out the best way to say what he has to say.  It is only then that Misty realizes something is wrong…that Seth isn’t telling her something.

“What?” she says. “What is it?”

“Misty, I don’t know how to tell you this…”

The words are enough answer for her.  She begins shaking her head and stands up from the chair, refusing to believe what Seth is about to confirm.

“Misty…Frankie is dead.”  Speaking the words is even hard for Seth.  He may have always been at odds with the old man, but Frankie was like a father to him.

“No…No…” Misty repeats over and over, continuing to shake her head in denial. “Why would you lie to me like that, Seth?  I know you hate me for what I did to you, but why would you tell me that Frankie is dead?  Frankie is NOT dead!” She’s unable to fight back tears now.  The events of the last twenty-four hours had been hard enough but this…this was devastating.  

Seth stands up and walks around the desk.  Even after everything Misty had put him through, he still finds it in him to wrap his arms around her to comfort her as he tells her the awful truth. “Yes he is, Misty.  I wouldn’t lie to you about something like that.  Frankie’s gone.  He’s not coming back.”

Misty begins sobbing in Seth’s arms and he rubs her back, trying to calm her.  After a few minutes, Misty backs away and looks up at him, her eyes swollen and red from all the tears.

“When?” She asks.  

Seth takes in another deep breath and looks down at the floor.  â€œSix months ago.  Not long after everything happened between us…” Misty’s jaw drops and she stares at Seth in disbelief.

“Six months?” She says slowly before she narrows her eyes and the rage builds inside of her. “SIX MONTHS?!?!”

“It wasn’t easy, Misty!” He fights back, defending himself. “I thought about calling you and letting you know, but I was pissed off!  I still am!”

Misty begins shaking as the anger starts to consume her.  She doesn’t even try to contain herself before she lets loose and starts hitting and punching Seth in a wild rage.  She’s screaming like a banshee and out in the training center, everyone’s attention has been turned towards the situation in the office.  A woman with long dark brown hair sees the situation, and Misty unleashing her wrath on Seth, and she bolts towards the office not even thinking twice.  Even though Seth is able to hold his own, the woman runs up behind Misty and grabs her by her long dark hair, YANKING her away from Seth, though Misty continues to kick and scream.

“Get your hands OFF of my fiancée you crazy bitch!” She says as she throws Misty to the ground with relative ease.  Misty goes quiet rather quickly as the woman stands in front of Seth, ready to defend him again, but Misty just looks up at Seth, wondering if she heard the woman correctly.

“Fi…fiancée?” She asks, dusting herself off and getting back to her feet.  She doesn’t even look at the woman claiming to be Seth’s fiancée, and just waits for him to respond.  

Seth places a hand on the woman’s shoulder and she turns around, and looks at him, making sure he is okay.  He smiles and nods at her.  â€œSara, can you give us a minute?”

The woman, now identified as Sara, shakes her head. “Absolutely not!  The bitch was attacking you!”

“It was a misunderstanding, Sara.  I’ll be fine.  Just give me another minute, okay?” Seth replies, reassuring her.  Sara turns around and glares at Misty, but Misty quickly looks away, now experiencing even more emotions.  Seth leans down and kisses Sara, reassuring her once again.  

Sara turns around and heads towards the door.  Before she walks out, she stops right next to Misty and gives her a final warning. “If you lay so much as another finger on him, I’ll end you, bitch.”

Sara then walks out and Misty closes her eyes.  She runs her hands through her hair, which is now a wild mess and tries to regain her composure, but she looks at Seth, shaking her head.

“Boy that didn’t take you long, did it?” She says and the pain shines through her voice.

“My life is none of your business anymore, Misty.  You gave up the right to know anything when you dumped me for that pretty boy of yours.”

“Yeah, well you’ll be happy to know that things didn’t work out between Drake and me, Seth.  I made a huge fucking mistake, but I’m sure you’re just thrilled about that.” The amount of emotional pain Misty is in is very clear to Seth at this point.  He steps forward, but she holds a hand up, stopping him.

“Don’t even bother.  I’m getting everything I deserve and then some right now.  That much is very clear.”  She says, taking in a deep breath. “I hope you have a happy life with her, Seth.  I don’t expect you to believe me, but I did love you.  I just fell in love with someone else who turned out to be a complete fake.”

Misty doesn’t even give Seth a chance to respond to that.  She quickly turns and runs out of the office, out of the building and away from Chicago.  Where she is headed next is anyone’s guess, but with the revelations of the past twenty-four hours, only time will tell just how long Misty will be gone.

Sunday October 12th
Fort Benning Military Base
Immediate after Climax Control

The SCW stars and Bombshells are slowly starting to filter their way out of the Fort Benning Military base in Georgia.  All in all the show went smoothly, but Misty wasn’t there to see any of it.  After disappearing just a week before, she made the decision to avoid the show, but more specifically, the Heavyweight Champion, Drake Green.  Her whereabouts the last week are still unknown, but right now, she is sitting in her rental car outside the base, waiting to go inside.

The show was over, that much she knew, and she was there for a reason.  But she had to hold off on going inside the base because she absolutely did not want to run into Drake or Delia for that matter.  So she’s watching carefully as the men and women of SCW leave the base.  And when she sees him, her heart stops.  

After successfully defending his title against Steve Ramone, Drake Green is seen walking out of the base with his title drape over his shoulder.  Several emotions take over Misty as she sees him for the first time in a week, and while a part of her wants to get out of her car and run over to him, she knows she can’t because of what he did.  Her heartache soon turns to pure hate as she watches him get into his car and drive away from the base.  Once the coast is clear, she gets out of the car and heads inside on a mission to find one person.  

She didn’t care that the military men and women saw her and were quietly whispering to themselves as they got the first sight of Misty since she left Texas last week.  She just searched around until she found what she was looking for…an office door with a sign reading “CHRISTIAN UNDERWOOD” taped to it.  She built up the courage finally knock on the door.

“Come in.” Christian’s voice was heard inside and Misty didn’t hesitate.  She slowly pushed open the door and stepped inside Christian’s make-shift office for the evening and faced one of her bosses.  He looked up and, surprised to see Misty, immediately stopped what he was doing to give her his undivided attention.

“Well this is a bit of a surprise.”  He says. “Erik told me you asked for some personal time off.”

“I did, but we need to talk.”  Misty replies as she takes a seat in front of Christian.  He leans back, nodding his head slowly.

“Hmm…last time you said that, you up and left for months.” Christian replies.  He raises an eyebrow and tilts his head, staring at her with a questioning look. “Please tell me this is not a repeat of earlier this year.”

Misty looks to the ground, unsure of how to answer that.  Christian leans forward with a clear look of disappointment falling over his face.

“Misty, do you really think—“

“That’s not what I’m doing here.” She interrupts him.  He goes quiet and leans back in the chair again, allowing her time to speak. “I need you to give me my match against Delia.  It can’t be put off any longer so I’m asking you to book the match next week.”

“I understand your desire to face Delia in the ring, but—“

“No buts, Christian.” She says, interrupting him yet again. “Book the damn match, because if not, I’m going to get thrown in jail for breaking that piece of shit restraining order she got against me.”

Christian lets out a sigh and shakes his head. “Misty, don’t you think this war against Delia has gone a little too far?  The both of you are going to drastic measures as a way to destroy the other.  Do you really think it best to face her?”

“Christian, I was starting to back off.” Misty replies, leaning forward.  A pained expression falls over her face.  â€œWhether she believes it or not, I was easing up and starting to slowly ignore her because I had someone else to focus on…or I thought I did.”

Misty looks away quickly, trying to get Drake Green off of her mind.  Christian goes to speak up, but Misty stops him. “I am not the one stooping to the lows that Delia is.  I wouldn’t go after someone’s daughter as a way to get to them, and I sure as hell wouldn’t sleep with someone just to destroy her or piss her off!”

“I understand that, but you did get arrested a couple of months ago after you tried to attack the Mean Girls in that nightclub.” Christian’s response doesn’t sit well with Misty.  She narrows her eyes, but says nothing back. “I hate to say it, Misty, but the fact is that this all happened because of decisions you have both made over the past several months.  I’m not taking sides here, but when is enough going to be enough?”

“When you give me what I want and book this match against Delia!” Misty shouts.  â€œIf I back off now, it won’t make me look any better and it’ll only make them run their mouths even more!  I’m not going to give them the satisfaction in thinking they made me walk away again.  It’s not happening.”

Christian thinks for a moment, considering Misty’s demand.  He folds his arms across his chest and nods his head as Misty stares at him, waiting for him to say something.

“I’m afraid it’s so simple anymore, Misty.” He speaks up, finally breaking the silence.  â€œWe are aware of that restraining order Delia has against you, and as of right now, we have yet to find a way around it.”

“That’s bullshit!” Misty shouts, quickly getting to her feet.

“Please, don’t shout at me Misty.” He warns her, pointing a finger at the chair, ordering her to sit back down.  â€œWe know there is a way around it.  We just haven’t found it yet, but we will.  However, there are other things to consider.”

“Other things like what?” Misty says, sitting back down.

“Well,” Christian begins as Misty folds her arms and glares right at him, unimpressed. “You haven’t been back for very long, and while there are some people who support you getting another shot at the Bombshell title, there are others who don’t think you’ve quite earned it yet.  Especially with how you left earlier this year.”

Misty laughs and shakes her head. “You know ever since I came back, I never really expressed any interest in the Bombshell title.  If people don’t think I deserve a shot at the championship, or Delia, then fine.  Put me in a match and I’ll earn it.  Hell put me against Mercedes Vargas.  Besides Delia, she’s the only Mean Girl left that I need to beat.”

Christian thinks for a moment, considering Misty’s idea.  He rubs his chin before he smiles getting a better idea.  â€œUnfortunately there are other plans for Mercedes Vargas at the moment, but would you be fine with challenging someone else to earn this shot?”

“I’m not going to walk away from a challenge, Christian.” She replies.

Christian smiles and nods. “Then it’s settled.  You’ll face Roxi Johnson next week in a match to determine Delia’s next challenger.”

Misty’s eyes suddenly widen and she places both hands down on Christian’s desk, staring at him in disbelief. “I’m sorry…What?  You’re putting me against Roxi?!”

Christian nods. “You said you would face anyone, and Roxi Johnson is the perfect opponent.  Is there a problem with that?”

Misty lowers her head and sighs. “I have nothing against Roxi Johnson, Christian, but…you can’t put me against her for this chance!  You can’t put me against a woman I’ve grown to respect and now consider a friend…”

“Yes, I can actually.”  He replies.  â€œYou of all people should know that sometimes a little friendly rivalry is perfectly acceptable.  If you want your match against Delia all you have to do is defeat Roxi Johnson.”

Misty shakes her head and she goes speechless.  So many thoughts are running through her mind.  She had no problem earning her shot at becoming a four time bombshell champion, but she never expected this.  She was absolutely lost now.  She stood up from the chair and headed towards the door when Christian called out to her.

“Is that a no, then?” He asks just before she walks out the door.

She turns and faces him with a blank expression on her face. “Just book the match…”  And with that, she walks out the door, now with even more to consider than before.

Tuesday October 14th

Great.  This is just what Misty needed right now.  In her mind she had been tricked into agreeing to earning her shot at Delia and the bombshell championship in a match against Roxi Johnson.  Sure she had told Christian she would face anyone, but she was expecting..and secretly hoping…it would be Mercedes Vargas.  She couldn’t deny that Roxi deserved this chance just as much as she did, but there was something she wasn’t ready to admit and that is what scared her the most.  

So what did she do?  After her surprise meeting with Christian Underwood after Climax Control, she went right back to the airport and booked a flight.  To where exactly?  The same place she went to last week after finding out about Drake and Delia.  

Ireland.

That’s right.  Misty flew all the way to Ireland to do her soul searching and to clear her head.  She had been to Ireland before, but she never really got to experience its full beauty.  Not to mention it put plenty of space between her and the personal problems that followed her around back in the states.  

Upon arriving back in Ireland, she took in the beautiful sights of the country.  For the most part she was relaxed and peaceful as she was driven through the country roads leading to the quaint little inn she had stayed at last week as well as the local pub that was within walking distance.  It was the early afternoon when walked through the doors of the inn and greeted its owner with a smile.

“Well isn’t this a nice surprise,” the older woman said in a thick Irish accent. “What are ye doin’ back so soon deary?”

Misty took in a deep breath and smiled again, placing her purse on the front desk. “I have some time to kill this week before I have to be back to the states for my next match.  Don’t tell me you were glad to be rid of me Mrs. O’Reilly.”

Misty frowns but the old woman just laughs and walks around the desk, wrapping her arms around Misty in a friendly hug. “Of course not, deary.  It’s a pleasure having you here.  Now tell me, did ye go see yer daughter?”

Misty takes a step back, taking her eyes away from Mrs. O’Reilly’s pressing glare.  She shakes her head and leans against the front desk, unable to speak a word.  Mrs. O’Reilly rubs her back, trying to comfort her before she walks back around the desk and looks at Misty.

“I’m sure the little one misses you dearly.  Why didn’t ye go see her?” She asks.  

Misty can only shrug her shoulders. “I don’t know, Mrs. O’Reilly.  I just have to stay away from her for a while.  It’s killing me.  It really is, but it’s to protect her in the long run.”

“Keeping a child away from her mother is to protect her?  Forgive me, but I’m not sure how that’s possible.” She replies.  Misty lifts her eyes and looks at the old woman, still with a saddened look on her face.

“It’s hard to explain, but I’m not here to fall back into that mood, Mrs. O’Reilly.” Misty replies, standing tall now. “I never expected this place to keep my head as clear as it has been the last week.”

“This place or…” Mrs. O’Reilly lifts her eyes, but Misty shakes her head, stopping her from finishing that sentence.

“Don’t even go there.  He has nothing to do with me coming back.” Misty says.  Mrs. O’Reilly simply smiles and shakes her head.

“Whatever ye say, deary.” She turns around, grabbing a room key from off the wall behind her. “I don’t believe a word ye say and it’s clear to me yer in denial.” She slides the key over to Misty. “Same room as last week.  I know how much ye enjoyed the view.”

Misty smiles and takes the key. “Thank you.  I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you’ve been so kind this last week and you barely know me.”

“I know a troubled soul when I see one, deary.” Mrs. O’Reilly replies with a gentle smile. “We all need kindness in our lives, regardless of our past mistakes.  You are no different.”

Misty grabs her bags from a few feet away before she heads up to her room. “You’re wrong about him, by the way.” She says, turning to Mrs. O’Reilly one last time. “I didn’t come here looking for anything like that and even if I did, he is definitely not the type I would fall for.  I don’t need another asshole in my life.”

Mrs. O’Reilly shakes her head and chuckles, choosing not to respond to that.  Misty quietly heads upstairs to her room.  She steps inside the equally quiet room, placing her bags on the bed and walks over to the window.  The view behind the inn shows the vast green scenery that Misty has grown to love over the last week.  As she continues to stare out the window she is startled back to reality by a gentle knocking on the door.  She turns around to face the man standing in her doorway with a smirk on his face.  His five o’clock shadow and dark hair add to his ruggedly handsome look, but Misty doesn’t look as pleased to see him.

“Did ye miss me that much, love?” He says, leaning against the frame of the door.

Misty rolls her eyes and folds her arms. “Don’t flatter yourself, O’Malley,” she says heading over to him. “What are you doing here?” She tries to shut the door, thus kicking him out, but he remains right where he is with that cheeky grin.

“I heard ye was back and I just had to come visit my favorite person.” He replies with a laugh. “I’m actually kind of hurt that yer not happy to see me.”

Misty laughs and shakes her head. “Me?  Happy to see you?  O’Malley, you’re everything I’m trying to avoid.  And quit trying to get anywhere with complimenting me because it won’t work.”

“Not yet, anyway.” He replies.  Misty fires back with a roll of her eyes before she places a hand on his chest and pushes him out of the room.

“Not ever, O’Malley.  So stop wasting not only my time, but yours.”  Misty checks to make sure she has her key in her pocket before she turns and locks the door behind her.  Once it’s locked she walks past O’Malley, quickly trying to get away from him.  Unfortunately for her, he follows right behind her.

“Now where would the fun be in that?” He says, quickly following behind her as they walk down the stairs.

“Why are you doing this to me, O’Malley?” She spins around, the agitation apparent on her face. “I came to Ireland to relax and to get away from all the stress that surrounds my life, but you just keep following me around pissing me off even more!”

O’Malley just smiles getting a great amount of satisfaction in Misty’s anger.  As they make it to the bottom of the stares, Mrs. O’Reilly watches from a few feet away, keeping a close eye on the situation..particularly O’Malley.

“And yet ye came back just a few days after ye left in the first place.” O’Malley leans down, his face just inches away from Misty’s. “Ye can deny it all ye want, but we both know ye didn’t come back just for the scenery.”  He winks and lets out a laugh.

Misty rolls her eyes and growls. “And you think that I came back because of you?  Get over yourself, O’Malley.  And stay away from me!”

Misty quickly spins around and bolts for the door, walking out of the building.  O’Malley just laughs when Mrs. O’Reilly walks up to him, giving him a stern look.

“O’Malley, ye better leave that poor woman alone.  She’s liable to hurt ye.” She says, not even sure if she believes that or not.  O’Malley shakes his head.

“I don’t think she will.  Did ye hear how many times she said my name?” That cheeky grin returns to his face and Mrs. O’Reilly stares at him, confused.

“What on earth has that got to do with anything?” She asks.  

He leans down and laughs. “I think the answer to that might be highly inappropriate for ye to hear, Mrs. O’Reilly.”  He has to think fast as Mrs. O’Reilly’s eyes go wide and she attempts to smack him.  He bolts out the door, following behind Misty, leaving Mrs. O’Reilly standing there, shaking her head.

Just outside, heading towards the pub down the road, Misty doesn’t even realize that O’Malley is following behind her.  At least not until she hears his footsteps behind her.

“Is there a reason you ignored me when I said to stay away from me?” Misty doesn’t stop walking, nor does she turn around to face O’Malley as he catches up to her.  

“Come on now, Misty.  In the short amount of time that ye’ve known me, have I struck ye as a man who listens?” He asks with a chuckle.  

“You’re right, O’Malley,” she says, stopping just short of the door to the pub. She turns around and glares at him. “You don’t listen, but I would suggest you listen to me because right now, at this point in my life, I’m not a woman you want to mess with.”

“And ye still won’t tell me why.” He replies.

Misty closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.  When she opens her eyes, she looks at O’Malley very seriously before she responds. “Look, it’s really none of your business, okay?  If I wanted you to know, I would have told you.  I’m trying to forget certain things that have happened in my life.  Telling a complete stranger my life story will not help.”

“Complete stranger?  Yer breaking me heart, love!” He says, grabbing his chest and pretending as though he’s in pain.  Misty again rolls her eyes, but for a brief moment, the start of a smile appears.  It fades quickly however.

“Seriously, O’Malley…Why won’t you just leave me alone?” She asks, looking up into his eyes.

“Because,” he starts getting closer to her. “You seem like a challenge, and I love a good challenge darlin’.  And I want to know what is so bad in yer life that it has ye running all the way to Ireland.”

She shakes her head, breaking the eye contact before it affects her too much. “My life isn’t bad, O’Malley—“

“Darlin’ ye sure do like saying my name don’t ye?” He asks, interrupting her with a smirk.  

“There you go again flattering yourself, boy-o.” She replies using the only form of Irish lingo she can think of and O’Malley laughs. “But as I was saying.  My life isn’t bad.  I just needed some time to think before I head back to the states for my next match.”

“Match?” He asks curiously just as Misty realizes she’s said too much.  O’Malley looks at her curiously, refusing to let her walk away from answering that one.

“Yeah…Well…I’m a professional wrestler.  Or I was.  I might not be after Sunday.” She replies just as the door to the pub swings open and a local patron walks out.  He smiles and greets Misty and O’Malley before walking away.

“Again, love, what are ye running from?”

“It’s…it’s complicated, okay?!”  Misty shouts and her eyes narrow in fury. “It’s none of your business and I don’t want to talk about it!”

Misty then storms into the pub without another word.  O’Malley stands there for a moment, dumbfounded, before he shrugs and walks into the pub with a grin.  He has no intentions of giving up and leaving Misty alone, and if there is one thing he will learn very shortly…

…it’s that you don’t want to piss off Misty.

Dear Roxi,

I can’t sit here and write this letter to you and have it start off with a lie.  Know this, after my meeting with Christian Underwood after Climax Control on Sunday, I was fully considering walking away.  I was honestly considering doing something I’ve never done before and actually no-showing for a match, but let me explain why.  

You have a good heart Roxi.  Truly, you do.  You’re the hero that SCW has always needed whether I could always see that and admit it, we all know it’s true.  You fight for everyone you care about, no matter the circumstances.  You, Roxi, are the champion I’ve always dreamed of being.  

You’ve also grown to be someone I consider a friend.  As you say, maybe not best friends, but a friend none-the-less and I hope to keep it that way.  That is why I considered no-showing for our match on Sunday.  That is why I am really not looking forward to facing you.  

Well…that and the fact that the last time we faced off in the ring, you walked away the winner.  You defeated me for the Bombshell championship just a little over a year ago and I’ve never been able to forget that.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hold a grudge against you for that.  If anything, I should be thanking you.  

It’s no secret that at the time we faced off, I was going through another personal struggle.  I was dealing with my beloved grandmother’s declining health and I will admit it was a bigger distraction than I thought it would be.  But if you remember, Roxi, at the time I was still known as the Queen of the Damned.  I was still the awful woman that to this day, I regret ever being known as that person.  

I think facing you, Roxi, was the true beginning of the end to the Queen.  I’m sure if I had fought hard enough I could have gotten my return shot against you, even though almost immediately after that I was forced into a tag team with the woman now known as Odette Stevens.  The fact is, Roxi, after my loss to you, that part of me was quickly starting to fade away and that meant letting go of the Bombshell title for quite some time.  It meant letting you be the champion I knew you were meant to be…the Bombshell champion that SCW needed.  

You, Roxi, are a huge factor in the Queen’s demise and I have to thank you for that.  You might not realize that or even agree, but I’m telling you the truth.  It took me a long time after that to redeem myself, and I think even to this day I am still fighting in a way, but I’ll keep fighting as long as I am still breathing.

And now here we are…on the verge of our rematch.  Sort of.  The only difference is that the title isn’t on the line, but a shot at the title is.  But know this, Roxi.  I’m not looking at this match as an opportunity to go for the title.  If you know me as well as I think you do, you know that the only thing on my mind now, as it has been for several months now, is finally getting my match against Delia.  The fact that she is the Bombshell champion is nothing but a consolation prize at this point.  I can’t sit back and claim to deserve a shot at the Bombshell title after everything I’ve done…or haven’t done…this year.  If going after the Bombshell title is what gets me my match against Delia…I have to take it.

That is why I have to apologize in advance.  I’m sorry that I have to face you…a woman I’ve grown to respect and consider a friend…to earn my shot at the one woman I despise with every fiber of my being.  I know you understand my feelings and you understand just why I need to face Delia, but don’t take that as me asking you to give anything less than one hundred percent in this match.  I want you to fight just as much as I plan to.  I want you bring you A-game and go out there and show everyone just why you deserve it more than I do.  I want you to step into that ring with me and show everyone why WE are the true definition of what a Bombshell should be, because a match between the two of us…Well it should be the main event instead a Mean Girl.  

I know you have what it takes to beat me, Roxi.  You’ve done it before, and I know you can do it again.  But that time is not now.  I can’t allow it to be now.  I was dealing with a personal struggle before, and I’m dealing with a personal situation now but the difference this time being, I’m not letting it hold me back.  I’m letting it fuel my fire, Roxi.  I’m using it to my advantage rather than letting it be the one thing that destroys me, because if there is one thing I know…

…it’s that I’m a hell of a lot stronger and smarter than to let Delia Darling be the person to destroy me and everything that I worked so hard to build.  

I hope you understand, Roxi, that the fight you’re in for…it’s strictly business.  

And one more thing…WHEN I defeat Delia at High Stakes IV, I’ll gladly put the title on the line against you and we can have a real rematch.  You have my word.

I’ll see you Sunday, Roxi.

--Misty

Friday October 17th

Misty closes her laptop, having finished writing the letter to Roxi.  Much like the letters to Spike and Vixen almost two weeks ago, it wasn’t easy for her to write that letter.  She knew this match was important.  For both her and Roxi equally.  It’s why, even though she had told O’Malley just a few days ago that she might not be involved in wrestling after Sunday, she changed her mind.  She HAD to go back.

And that is exactly what she is doing.  

Her bags on the bed, packed and ready to go.  She puts her laptop in its carrying case, then looks around the room, making sure she has all of her things.  She lets out a sigh as she looks around the room one final time and out the window, not knowing when the next time she would be back…if ever.  She really had grown to love Ireland, and the friends she had made during both of her stays.  After a few minutes, she grabs her bags and walks out of the room, closing the door behind her and she heads downstairs.

Mrs. O’Reilly is waiting at the front desk for her with a sad look on her face. “Time for ye to go already, eh?” She asks. “Probably for the best I suppose.  Ye got a daughter who I’m sure misses ye like crazy.”

Misty smiles and nods. “I’m sure she does, but I honestly don’t know when I’ll see her again, Mrs. O’Reilly.  I’ve got other things to take care of first, and Eden is in good hands with her father and stepmother.”

“Now ye listen to me, Misty, and listen good.” Mrs. O’Reilly says, waving a finger at Misty. “Ye better make time to go see her.  If ye had time to fly halfway around the world to Ireland, ye’ve got more than enough time to see yer daughter.”

“It’s not that simple, but I understand.  Thank you, Mrs. O’Reilly.” Misty replies, setting her room key on the desk and sliding it back to Mrs. O’Reilly.  She takes some money out of her pocket and hands it to her, paying for more than just a week’s stay. “I know it’s more than I owe, but please don’t argue.  You’ve been so kind to me these last two weeks, and it’s the least I could do.”

“Thank you, deary.” Mrs. O’Reilly says, accepting the cash. “But I would have been glad to not charge ye anything if ye had promised to go see yer little one.”

Misty shakes her head.  She goes to say something when Mrs. O’Reilly looks past her, and just out the door.  She nods her head and smiles. “Looks like someone came to see ye off, deary.”

Misty looks confused as she turns around.  Standing outside by the car waiting for Misty is none other than her new friend O’Malley.  She rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

“Gee and I wonder how he found out I was leaving today.  You didn’t have anything to do with it, I suppose?” Misty asks with a smirk.

Mrs. O’Reilly just smiles innocently and shakes her head. “O’ course not, deary.  That O’Malley has ways of finding things out.”

“Mmhmm..” Misty replies.  â€œI’m sure he does.  Anyway, I really need to get going if I’m going to catch my flight.  Again, I can’t thank you enough and I hope I can come back soon.”

“Yer welcome anytime, deary.”

Misty smiles again before she turns and heads out the door.  O’Malley is leaning against the car waiting for her with a smile.  She doesn’t make eye contact as the driver takes her bags and places them in the trunk.  

“Changed yer mind, huh love?” He asks, opening the door for her.  â€œI can’t count how many times ye’ve broken me heart over the last two weeks.”

Misty tilts her head to the side and folds her arms.  â€œYou should have stayed away, O’Malley.  If you’re really concerned about your heart being broken, you could have saved yourself even more heartache by seeing me leave again.”

“What can I say?” He says with a shrug. “I’m a glutton for punishment.  What changed yer mind?”

She shrugs back. “I’m just tired, O’Malley.  I’m tired of running and giving people a reason to doubt me or say shit about me.  I can’t deny anything they say anymore, but what I can do is give them a reason to believe in me again.  I can give myself a reason to believe in me again, because I don’t think I have for quite some time.”

“When ye coming back?”  He asks, but the look on Misty’s face might be answer enough.  

She shakes her head with a blank look on her face. “Honestly?  I don’t know.  Ireland is an amazing place, and it’s been the perfect place for me to clear my head and figure things out, but the fact is…I’ve got things I need to sort out back home.  I need to face the shit head on and deal with it once and for all.”

O’Malley takes a step towards Misty.  She looks away, ready to step by him and get into the car, but he stands in her way.  â€œI have to go, O’Malley.  I have a flight to catch.”

“I think you know that we’ll be seeing each other again soon enough, love.” He says, looking down at her.  She refuses to look at him, and almost has an uncomfortable look on her face.

“No.  We won’t.” She says. “Just forget about me, O’Malley.  I’m broken, and honestly, I don’t know if I’ll ever get put back together.”

“Ye say ye don’t want to keep running away love,” he starts as he places his hand on her chin.  He gently pushes her face up, forcing her to look into his eyes. “But that’s exactly what yer doin’ now.”

“Damn it, O’Malley!” She slaps his hand away from her chin. “That’s not what I’m doing!  You don’t know me and you never will.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go.  I have a damn match to win on Sunday and I don’t need YOU to be the reason that I don’t.”

O’Malley goes to take Misty’s hand, but she yanks it away quickly.

“Misty…” He says, trying to speak to her.  She shakes her head and walks past him, getting into the backseat of the car.

“Goodbye, O’Malley.” She then looks away and closes the door, ordering the driver to leave.  The car pulls away a few seconds later, heading down the road as O’Malley just watches Misty disappear, wondering if he’ll ever see her again.  After the car is out of sight, his eyes light up.  He turns around quickly and sprints off down the road.

What he has up his sleeve now is anyone’s guess…
>