Author Topic: Sick and Tired...  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Sick and Tired...
« on: October 04, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
 Last week…Staggs household

Eden and Timmy are getting ready for school as Spike is putting the finishing touches on the snacks and packing them in Eden’s Disney princess lunch kit.

“Daddy,” says Eden as she pulls her foot up on her chair, the last bit of her pop tart hanging off the plate in front of her.  â€œWhat’s wrong with Mommie Vixen?  She is still in bed.”

Spike looks at his daughter as he brings her lunch to her bag.  â€œI think that Mommie Vixen is sick.  She must have gotten a really bad flu bug in her stomach.”

“Ooooo poor Mommie Vixen,” sympathizes Eden before turning at a sound at the kitchen door.  

Standing there is Vixen, one hand on the door jamb, the other held lightly on her stomach as she offers the little girl a smile.  â€œThank you petite,” she replies softly.  â€œBut it is nothing, I will be better soon.  Better that icky flu bug got me rather than you!” she teases as she brings both hands up to wiggle her fingers like she is an insect.

Giggling, Eden rushes from her chair to slam into Vixen and hug her tightly.  â€œI hope you get better Mommie Vixen.  Hey… I could stay home and look after you,” she offers with a hopeful look at Spike who smiles but shakes his head.

I would love that Eden but you need to go to school.  I will see you after…” Vixen pauses with a stricken look before rushing off, a hand quickly covering her mouth.  

Eden looks worriedly at her father.  â€œPoor Mommie Vixen, that bug must really be making her sick!”

“If she doesn’t get better soon punkin, we’ll take her to get looked at,” replies her father as he gently guides her towards the door.

The last thing heard is Eden questioning her father about if the doctor will need to use bug spray on Mommie Vixen.

This week…hotel near Fort Hood day before Climax Control

Spike is laying on the bed of the hotel room he is sharing with Vixen prior to the Climax Control that is being held in Waco Texas at Fort Hood.  The bedcovers beside him are rumpled and tossed aside.  Leaning on an elbow, Spike looks towards the bathroom where the sounds of someone dying can be heard.

“Are you ok my love?” he calls out.

A small moan is heard from the bathroom, joined by water running and then shutting off.  A very sick looking Vixen slowly makes it out of the bathroom and crawls into the bed beside Spike.  â€œI don’t know Spike…this flu is kicking my ass worse than Delia did.”

“When was the last time you ate anything?” asks Spike as Vixen snuggles next to him, gently tugging on his arm to wrap it around her.

“Last night mon amour,” replies Vixen.

“And did it stay down?” he continues only to be answered with a negative shake of Vixen’s head.  â€œYou are losing weight and I am getting worried Vix.  Get ready, you are going to the hospital and getting checked out while I get ready for Climax Control tomorrow night.”

Vixen again shakes her head as she leans up on her elbow to lightly kiss Spike.  â€œI hate hospitals, you know that Spike.  I’ll be fi…” says Vixen who then swallows quickly and with a groan, scrambles to her feet and into the washroom.

Spike follows her and stands in the doorway.  â€œYou do not have any choice now my love.  This isn’t normal for you.”

Vixen continues to suffer through this bout of dry heaves as Spike moves to hold her hair back and gently stroke her back.  Vixen straightens and wipes a hand across her lips before collapsing into Spike’s arms.  Catching her, he carries the weakened woman into the bed before calling 911 as the scene fades out.

Hospital in Waco

The ambulance rushes to the emergency room door followed by a car speeding behind it and headed towards the parking lot.  Before the car can reach a full stop, Spike Staggs rushes out of the passenger side and into the hospital as Devlin calls out to him only to be ignored.  Shaking his head, he begins to circle the parking lot trying to find a parking space.

Inside the hospital, Spike is trying to fight his way to where Vixen is but is stopped by the triage nurse who has her feet planted like a linebacker.  â€œExcuse me sir but I need you to fill out these forms for me please,” she says politely as Spike watches them wheel Vixen further away from him.

“That’s my wife,” he storms only to have the hefty nurse push the clip board into his hands.  â€œShe is going to be fine I am sure but I need you to please fill out these forms.  Besides sir, you are not allowed back there right now.”

Before Spike can shoulder his way past her, she smiles almost invitingly as she holds up the clipboard once more, digging in her heels as she mutters something about bring it on and being on the high school wrestling team.

Before he can oblige her, Spike is grabbed from behind and held in a choke hold that forces him into calming down but only slightly.  Once he calms, Devlin lets him go.

“Dude, this is a hospital, you are being way too noisy,” teases Devlin trying to get Spike’s mind off whatever he is thinking.  Spike turns angry blue eyes in Dev’s direction making him step back and hold up his hands.  â€œDamn, you look like you are ready to beat someone badly.”

Grumbling, Spike turns to the nurse and snatches the clipboard from her and heads to the plastic seats against the wall followed by Devlin.

“She’s sick and you are making jokes,” snarls Spike.  

“She’ll be fine Spike, this is Vixen we are talking about here,” Devlin replies.  â€œShe’s been in worse shape as we both know.”

“I know,” answers Spike as he slouches in the chair.  â€œAnd every time she gets like that, I worry.  I just want to protect her…”

At that moment, the doctor comes through the doors of the observation area and looks around calling out for Spike Staggs.  Spike gets to his feet and moves towards him.  â€œThat’s me,” he says as he reaches the doctor.

“Your wife is very dehydrated and I need to keep her here overnight, for observation,” the doctor informs Spike.  Spike opens his mouth to say he will stay with her but is cut off by the doctor who advises Spike that he won’t be allowed to stay.  Spike is about to argue as the doctor turns away.

“You heard the man,” says Devlin who had walked up behind Spike.  â€œLet’s go and get you ready for Climax Control.”  As he speaks, Devlin guides Spike forcefully towards the doors and out of the hospital.  

Day of Climax Control…filmed outside her hospital room…

Vixen lays quietly in the hospital bed, her hand twitching slightly as the soft beep of the IV machine can be seen with each soft red flash.  The door to her room opens to reveal the doctor who is smiling as he comes closer to her.  No sounds can be heard as the video is taken from outside her room.  The video shows the doctor saying something to Vixen that makes her smile as the scene fades out...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:50:19 PM by Vixen »
>