Author Topic: Ladies man  (Read 307 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Ladies man
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
 Rock music blares out of the small black alarm clock sitting to the side of the rumpled bed in a rather nondescript hotel room.  Laid out on his stomach, a groan from Connor Murphy mingles with the faint sound of running water in the bathroom.  Slowly, his hand creeps across the expanse of white and slams down onto the snooze button, killing the music with a flyswatter motion.

Rolling to his back, Connor scratches his bare chest with a sleepy ‘where the hell am I?’ look.  Tossing his feet over the side of the bed, he sits up, the running water finally being recognized and making his lips curl in a smirk.

“Cleanliness is next ta godliness me Mum always said,” he mutters to the room in general as he wraps the sheet around his hips and begins to saunter towards the bathroom only to be stopped by a pounding on the door of his room.  As Connor debates answering the door, the knocking gets louder only to have a voice added.

“Connor open up, we gotta talk,” says the voice on the outside.

Recognizing the voice, Connor’s head drops in exasperation before he changes direction and reaches for the handle, “You better have brought breakfast!” he exclaims as he yanks open the door just as the running water is shut off in the bathroom.

Standing in the hallway with a tray of coffee and McDonald’s bag that is saturated with grease, Devlin Lefebvre gives his buddy a smirk.  â€œWould I forget you buddy,” he says as he moves past Connor.  â€œNice toga by the way,” he adds with a snort.  Setting the food and drinks on the table near the bed Devlin turns in time to spy a blonde woman in a towel step out of the misty bathroom.

“Oops, didn’t know your friend was here,” says the girl as she giggles then moves to the chair to grab a very low cut dress and a pair of teeny white lace panties then heads back into the bathroom with a wave at Devlin.

“Oh man, why didn’t you tell me,” says Devlin as the door to the bathroom opens once again only this time to reveal a brunette in a pair of panties and a silky bra.  Turning to Connor who is leaning back against the door smirking, Devlin holds up two fingers mouthing the word two in disbelief.

“Sisters,” offers Connor as the pair come out.  Giving each a cheeky smirk, Connor does the gentleman thing and opens the door for them.  The blonde kisses him on the cheek and sails past him while the brunette stops, planting a long slow kiss on Connor’s lips as her hand tucks something into the vee of the sheet at his waist.  With one last peck on Connor’s cheek, she too disappears down the hall as Devlin walks over and the two men lean out the door to watch them walk away.

Connor moves back into his room as Devlin lets his head tilt and a low whistle escape him.  Coughing slightly, he returns to the room and watches as Connor pulls the bag of breakfast towards himself and opens it with a grin.

“Luck of the irish last night bud?” demands Devlin.  â€œAnd no call for help to your friend.  That’s cold.”

“The pair of them was all hands Dev,” counters Connor around a bite of sausage mcmuffin (product placement – Send cheque to Connor Murphy c/o SCW).  They didn’t give me a chance to even pull out my phone.”

“Well, I am here to tell you that after last night, you are going to have to cut it down to one girl a night or better yet, no girl since you got a match at Climax Control and it is a doozy,” says Devlin as he cracks one of the coffees and takes a cautious sip.  â€œYou are facing a former champion.”

“What former champion?” asks Connor after forcing down a bite of food that he had choked on before continuing, “Gabriel?  Mark Ward...wait, don’t tell me...that bear everyone keeps warning everyone else about?”

“That bear you are talking about hasn’t been a champion and besides, the only things it is good for are contract writing, pissing off Christian and getting Despy into trouble...kinda how you are for me,” teases Devlin as he sits back in his seat, his arms spread wide.

“Ha ha funny man,” returns Connor as he balls up the wrapper and tosses it at Devlin.  â€œSo who am I facing then?”

“Gene Banton Junior,” answers Devlin.

“Who?”

“I realize it has been a while since you have been in the ring and all but seriously Connor, Gene Banton was the champion up to the last supercard I think,” says Devlin, his hand running through his mussed hair trying to tame it into some kind of style.

Connor rolls his eyes as he leans back against a pile of pillows on the bed, his feet crossed at the ankles and his hands behind his head.  â€œSo I can see it now, he is going to bitch about how he has to face a curtain jerker or something right?  I have seen that before and trust me, I could care less if he calls me a curtain jerker, pantywaist or jobber,” says Connor with a slight touch of disgust in his voice.  â€œJust means that he is just like every other former champion living on past glory thinking he is better than everyone else.”

Devlin shoots his friend a thoughtful look.  â€œDo you really think he would be like that?” he ponders.

“Hell yes,” Connor replies scornfully.  â€œEveryone thinks that because they won the gold in this federation they are untouchable which makes it much more satisfying when I do get to touch them and drop them on their heads.  Admit it Devlin, everyone does it and I would too if I had won gold before.”

“True,” muses Devlin only to let out a ‘mmph’ of pain as he reacts to a pillow launched at him.  â€œHey Connor, that wasn’t called for...I was just agreeing with you.”

“So what do we do now?  I mean I have to get ready for Gene but how much do I train because I ain’t really seen him in action lately and he’s probably tucked tail and gone into hiding,” offers Connor.

“Dude, you are going to have to train harder than that.  Gene is an arrogant SOB and trust me, he isn’t going to sit back and take it from someone like you,” retorts Devlin.  â€œI’d ask Vix to help ya but since she and Spike got married, she’s been busy with honeymooning.  So you are stuck with me or we could call Spike and see if he has anyone else that can help us.”

“Nah, you can help me,” answers Connor.  â€œLemme just shower then we can head down to the gym for a workout.”  Getting to his feet, Connor lets the sheet drop as he makes his way towards the bathroom.  Devlin turns quickly to hide his eyes as Connor shuts the door and the sound of a shower is heard as the scene fades to black.

\'user

The loud clang of a bar slamming on the supports of a bench press is drowned out by the not so empty gym’s regular crowd of hangers and bangers.  Connor Murphy, sweat pouring down his face, pulls himself to a sitting position with a grunt.  Behind him, Devlin moves to the side of the bench and reaches for another set of rings for the bar.

“How the hell is benching going to help me in the ring against Banton?” asks Connor as he watches Devlin load the bar.  Once the weights have been added, Connor then lays back on the bench, wiggling his fingers as he gets a good grip on the bar.

“First we build up your strength then we work on your endurance,” Devlin replies with a cocky grin.  â€œAlthough...two sisters...I would say you have some kind of endurance there.”

Connor sends his own smirk upwards as he pulls the bar off the rack and lets it settle on his chest as Devlin gets into spotting position.  Connor starts to press the bar up and down, faint grunts accompanying each thrust upward.  Suddenly Devlin leans forward, his hands catching at the bar and forcing his weight over it.  Connor’s smirk is turned to a look of surprise as Devlin leans over, the cocky grin now a feral smile.

“What the hell Dev?” demands Connor as he tries to fight the bar off his chest.

“I am only doing what I suspect that Gene Banton would do.  He is someone that will do anything for a win even cheat.  And I know that you know that I know what I am talking about.”

Grunting as he continues to fight the bar off his chest, Connor finally brings up his left leg and catches Devlin on his shoulder, kicking him to the side.  Once Devlin stumbles away with his hand against his shoulder, Connor benches the weight and gets to his feet, charging towards Devlin and slams a hand into the chest of his friend.

“I know you are a pr*ck,” mutters Connor as he catches the shirtfront of Devlin.  â€œAnd if you weren’t my best friend I would have your balls in a sling in five minutes.  Tell me what the hell do you think you are doing trying to train me to fail?”

Devlin swallows or tries to past the balled up fist in his throat.  Looking around, he notices that they have drawn a crowd.  â€œI was training you to be prepared for anything you ass,” Devlin growls before pushing Connor off of him.

“It’s a wrestling match boyo, not a bench pressing challenge that I will be facing Banton in,” replies Connor as he stalks towards Devlin again.  â€œIf for a minute I thought that he would be facing me fairly, I wouldn’t be preparing for anything.  But I don’t need you adding to it,” says Connor.  â€œYou want to help me, get in to the ring with me!”

Devlin holds up his hands and puts on a sheepish grin.  â€œYou know I ain’t a wrestler Connor,” he offers.

“But I am,” says a feminine voice from behind Connor.  Devlin smirks as Connor whips around to spy Vixen standing there, a bag over her shoulder and pushing her sunglasses upwards.

“I thought you were on your honeymoon missy,” says Connor as he glares at Devlin.

“I was but Dev here told me that you needed help so here I am,” replies Vixen who lets her bag slip from her shoulder. “That and the fact that I need to get in some ring time before I have to face Delia.  So what is it going to be Connor?”

“You called your sister on me?” says a disbelieving Connor as he glares at Devlin who moves to stand with Vixen who has put one hand on her waist.  â€œFine but we can’t tell ANYONE about this seeing as I want to keep my job at Sin City.  And from what I hear, if a superstar puts his hands on a bombshell...”

“Awww poor Connor, doesn’t want to train with a champion,” teases Devlin from behind his sister.

Looking down at Vixen, Connor smirks while raising one eyebrow.  â€œI am going to kill him one of these days,” he says to Vixen who nods sagely.

“Not if I kill him first!” she says.

The pair walks away from Devlin who shouts ‘hey!’ at their retreating backs.  They make their way to a ring that is set up to the side of the gym.  Holding the middle and top ropes apart for Vixen, Connor slides in behind her and begins to bounce lightly on the balls of his feet.   She makes her way across the ring, reaching to pull the light NXT tee from her frame to reveal a dark NXT halter.

Devlin reaches the ring apron only to hear wolf whistles from the crowd of men.  â€œShe’s married for sobbing out loud,” he comments angrily.  â€œOk Connor, time to face someone that will give you a challenge just like Banton will.”

Inside the ring, Connor and Vixen circle then lock up in a collar and elbow tie up that Vixen turns into a headlock.  Connor tries to fight out of it and push her into the ropes but Vixen dances around him, catching his arm and sliding through to lock on a hammerlock.

“That isn’t going to win the match Con,” calls out Devlin just before Connor reverses the hammerlock.  â€œNice one!”

“Gotcha now Vixie,” teases Connor only to feel Vixen’s hand wrap around his ankle and yank him off his feet forcing him to let go of the hold.  Before she can capitalize, Connor rolls to the side and to one knee.

“That is exactly what you need to do Connor,” says Vixen.  â€œYou have to be ready for anything and everything.  I know I am not able to face men in the ring but I find that watching them is almost as good.”

“Does Spike know you do that?” asks Connor as he shakes out his arm as they begin to circle once more.

“How do you think I managed to get Spike’s attention,” teases Vixen as she sweeps her leg towards the shins of Connor who jumps over the strike then grasps Vixen as she makes her way vertical and whips her into the ropes catching her with a clothesline that sends her to the mat.

Connor quickly catches her and pulls her into a bearhug.  Before he can press his advantage, he spies Pussy Willow looking around the gym and whispers furiously at Vixen, “Hug me!”  Vixen’s arms wrap around him as Pussy steps up beside Devlin.

“Oh my god, I never thought I would see you and Vixen in the ring...Wait, are you touching a bombshell and did Christian Underwood give you permission to?” asks Pussy Willow.

“I was just giving Vixen here a congratulatory hug,” answers Connor with a wink and a smile.  â€œI missed the wedding and well, she is almost like a sister to me.”

“That’s right, she got married didn’t she?  But I am wondering since you are here and I always want to do an interview for someone wrestling at Climax Control, would you let me interview you Connor?” asks Pussy Willow completely changing the subject.

“Why Ms Willow, I would be delighted to give you my full attention,” says Connor as he leers down at the interviewer, his eyes drawn to her tight shirt.  â€œWhy don’t you and I get out of here and let me buy you a drink.  You are old enough ta drink aren’t ya?”

Pussy can’t help but nod affirmatively and clap with enthusiasm as she motions for Connor to join her.  Slipping through the ropes, Connor offers her his elbow as the pair of them walk away from Vixen and Devlin.

“Ten bucks says he will be taking her back to his hotel room,” offers Devlin as Vixen sits beside him and shakes her head.

\'user

Connor flexes his fingers and rolls his neck.  Taking a deep breath, he mentally prepares himself and then reaches out.

“Connor that is like your fifth rep,” says Pussy Willow in surprise.  â€œBut I don’t think that this is any kind of exercise.”

Connor grabs the shooter of Jack and tosses it back.  â€œOf course it is exercise darlin’,” he says with a slight slur.  â€œThis is the Irish workout, builds endurance and tolerance.”

Ms Willow gives him a doubtful look.  Sighing, she leans back in the seat she is sitting on, her purse on her lap and a chilled white wine at her elbow.  â€œSo Connor, can we get that interview in now?  I mean it is getting late and all.”

“For sure love, ask me anything,” he says with a wave of his hand.

Pussy Willow pulls out her hand held camera that she is never without and points it at Connor who smirks and waves at it then at one of the waitresses at the bar, pointing down to the empty shooter glass then holding up two fingers.  â€œSo Connor Murphy,” she begins.  â€œTell us what you have planned for your match against Gene Banton Junior since he is a former champion and you haven’t yet won gold here in SCW.”

“That’s cold love, true but cold,” replies Connor.  Settling himself into his own seat he steeples his fingers, thinking about his response.  â€œWell I guess what I have planned is to kick the everloving crap outta Banton before he can do it to me.  Nice and simple don’t ya think?”

“Simple yes but effective...That is going to be the question after all, Gene does have a very strong arsenal of moves,” says Ms Willow before being rudely interrupted by a smirking Connor.

“So what you are saying is that Banton’s gonna be pulling moves out of his arse then, good to know,” says Connor.

“I am soooo not saying that,” protests Pussy.  â€œI am just saying that Gene Banton has a lot of moves you know.  Besides, I don’t think you are taking this very seriously.”

Connor leans forward, his smirk replaced by a stern look.  â€œIs this how I am supposed to look about this match?  Do you want me to be something I am not?  Listen, if you wanted a serious point by point presentation of the arse kicking I am going to be dishing out to Banton, you came to the wrong person love,” says Connor before his smirk returns as does the waitress with two more shooter glasses filled with amber liquid.  Smiling his thanks to the young lady, he takes first one then the other and with a shiver and a shake of his head, he turns his attention back to the interview.  â€œNow where were we?”

Pussy points the camera at Connor as she poutingly replies with a snide comment about wanting a serious interview.

“Serious, come on love.  When have I ever been serious?  It just isn’t worth it because you will never get out of this life alive,” states Connor as he waits for the quotation to register.  When he doesn’t get the laugh he was going for, he continues.  â€œAnd seriously when it comes to this match, do you think that I am going to let someone like Gene Banton Junior walk all over me in the ring, then you my dear have another thing coming.  The only thing that Junior needs to know is that I am coming and I am bringing everything to the fight.  With me being Irish that is quite a lot considering that my people fight at the drop of a hat.”

“So you think this is going to be a fight?” asks Ms Willow.

“Of course love, haven’t I been saying just that?” replies Connor before looking at his watch.  â€œBut I am getting hungry so why don’t we go up to my room and order room service and finish this interview?”

“I am not going to your room,” says Pussy with a smile.

“Don’t you want to finish this interview?” ponders a bewildered Connor.

“It is finished since you keep saying the same thing over and over again.  And how am I supposed to take you seriously if you won’t take this match seriously.  So seriously, I am out of here,” states Pussy as she slides the camera back into her purse, drains the last of her wine and gets to her feet.  â€œThanks for the drink,” she adds before walking to the door of the bar.

Connor sits stunned for a moment realizing that his luck had run out.  Slumping back in his chair to ponder that for a moment his eyes catch those of the waitress as she smiles at him causing a slow smirk to cross his face.  Maybe his luck hadn’t run out after all...