Author Topic: #CovergirlChronicles: Basic Issues  (Read 436 times)

Offline Lyah Lindberg

• View Profile
    • Lyah Lindberg
#CovergirlChronicles: Basic Issues
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
 ON CAMERA

Fletcher's Comics & More
San Francisco, California
August 14, 2014
6:00 pm

Liz Smalls walks into 'Fletcher's Comics & More' with the SCW cameramen in tow. The 'Coast 2 Coast Covergirl' immediately stands out upon walking into the comic book shop. The Mean Girl has a short black dress, with gold hooped decoratives laced down the front. Her peep toe black and gold strappy heels compliment the dress perfectly.

Upon entering, Liz glances around in disgust. The walls of the business are decorated in blown up comic book covers. Around the floor are various stands of superhero memorabilia including life size stand ups of characters, ones that Liz has no idea who they are. She turns to the camera, speaking loudly enough that other customers can hear what she's saying.

Liz Smalls: "Soooo I decided to take a trip to a comic book shop because this week I wrestle against someone who's obsessed with them, and now I see why. Just...look around this place."

Liz angrily grabs the camera from one of the cameramen before quickly handing it back to him because its too heavy.

Liz Smalls: "I said, LOOK around the place. That means move your stupid camera moron!"

The camera spins around slowly. We're treated to images of a packed store that is clearly doing good business on this Thursday afternoon. The colorful comic book covers, wrapped in plastic look lively as Liz quickly jerks the camera back in her direction.

Liz Smalls: "Okies that's enough. I said LOOK around, not get lost in the nerd-dom. I mean, like, seriously, look at everyone that's shopping in here. Overweight, nerdy people with glasses and pimples all over. I'm almost scared to even touch anything in here. Ugly soooo rubs off."

Liz fights the temptation, reaching over to one of the shelving units and grabbing a plastic wrapped comic book. Its a Spiderman comic and she drops it on the ground, giggling as she does so. The sound of the comic hitting the floor immediately prompts an employee to hurry over.

Employee: "Please be careful with the merchandise ma'am. Some of these comics are first editions. They are highly valuable which is why they are kept in plastic."

Liz Smalls: "EXCUSE YOU?"

The Coast 2 Coast Covergirl puts her manicured hands on her hips, staring the employee directly in the eyes with a scowl on her face.

Employee: "I was not intending to create a scene ma'am."

He smiles nervously, seeing countless eyes turn in their direction, a lot of them pulling out their phones to get a picture of Liz.

Liz Smalls: "First off, stop calling me 'ma'am'! I'm NOT old! Second, your glasses are stained, and 3rd, why are your pants so high omg! You look like your mommy dressed you...and did a horrible job."

Snickers are heard throughout the comic book shop.

Liz Smalls: "I'm LIZ SMALLS! And you know what? I'm getting a MILLION dollars to wrestle some weird, Banks guy or something next month, and I was THINKING about buying stuff in your stupid shop today. But now you just ruined it!"

Employee: "Miss, I meant no harm. I picked the comic book up, see? Its okay. No damage done. I apologize."

Liz reaches over, smacking the comic book out of his hand, watching it drop to the floor again.

She puts a manicured hand to her mouth.

Liz Smalls: "Ooops! I sooo didn't mean that. Please forgive me."

The employee sighs, very embarrassed at this point. He leans down to pick up the comic and Liz steps her expensive heel on it.

The employee looks down at her foot on the comic and stands up straight.

Employee: "Okay, I was being nice, but now I'm going to have to ask you to pay for the comic book."

Liz Smalls: "Ummm no? I don't buy NERD stuff. Buuuut I might buy something. I see you have dolls here, do you have the Liz Smalls doll?"

Liz's eyes light up with excitement, anxious to see her doll in a shop in her hometown.

Employee: "I knew who you were the entire time."

The employee takes his glasses off, rubbing them against his shirt before placing them back over his overweight face.

Employee: "You're Liz Smalls. And we actually did have your doll, we sold the last one yesterday. Its actually a big seller here. I was saving up to buy it for my little cousin, she's a huge fan of yours. Well, she likes Delia a little better, but you're her second favorite."

Liz Smalls: "Wait, YOU are actually a fan of mine?"

Employee: "I'm more of a Roxi Johnson fan. I've always been hoping she'd come by here one day. She's pretty big into com-"

Liz's face is now red in anger as she cuts off the employee.

Liz Smalls: "Roxi Johnson is NOTHING compared to me or any other Mean Girl. Did you see what Delia did to her at Into The Void 3?"

More eyes are on the Mean Girl as she points her finger in the employee's face.

Liz Smalls: "Do you know what IM going to do to her at Climax Control? OMG...you REALLY know how to rub somebody the wrong way, don't you?"

Liz, having enough, looks around at the crowd that has gathered.

Liz Smalls: "You've ALL been taking pictures of me, probably uploading them to twitter. Do you know why? Because I'm important. I actually mean something in this world. There are two types of people. The one's that take pictures, and the one's that have their picture taken. After today, all of you know which one you are."

An arrogant smirk crosses the glossed lips of the Covergirl.

Liz Smalls: "Who would want to take ANY of your pictures anyway? I see fat, greasy haired, thick rimmed glasses wearing, nerdy weirdo creeps, with pimples all over.

When you see me on magazine covers, or on your TV's, its because I actually put time into keeping up my body. I'm not like ANY OF YOU. I'm better."

She eyes the employee one last time.

Liz Smalls: "And I'm NOT paying for that stupid comic or anything else in here. I'm embarrassed that this 'business' is in MY hometown. I'm NEVER coming back here again."

With that, the Covergirl heads for the door, the SCW camera man catching her every move from behind as she carefully struts out the door.

Outside, she turns around and puts her hand over the camera lens.

Liz Smalls: "Shut that stupid thing off. I DONT want to be filmed right now!"

The camera is quickly shut off.

ON CAMERA

Television Studio

As Liz is seated, her legs crossed, the screen behind her projects a match graphic for Roxi Johnson against herself. She glances back at it, smirking a little.

Liz Smalls: "Before I talk about my match against Roxi, I'd like to refresh everyone's memory first. Into the Void 3, one of the biggest events of the year for SCW. Does everyone remember that event? I remember it very well. It was the night that Veronica and I showed the ENTIRE world how much of a team Mean Girls can be when we want to be. We defeated Azz n Class and barely broke a sweat. It was my first ever big event here, and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.

What about Roxi? Ohhhh yasss, she fought my big sister Delia Darling. And what happened in that match?"

Liz puts a finger to her chin, thinking, before shooting her eyes open.

Liz Smalls: "Ohhhh that's right! Mean Girls won AGAIN when Delia pinned Roxi in the middle of the ring. 1...2...3."

Liz gently claps her hands together three times, not wanting to mess up her nails but wanting to get her point across about the three count.

Liz Smalls: "Was there really every other possible outcome? Like, we as Mean Girls aren't just a group, or whatever you call it. We are a movement. We attract attention and DEMAND respect wherever we go. Look at us. Whether you go on twitter, we're the talk of everything. When you go to an event in New York, you see Liz Smalls signs and Mean Girls t-shirts. When we're in California, you see Mean Girls shirts in the crowd. We run wrestling from Coast 2 Coast which is really appropriate when you think about it.

Roxi, you already know what we're capable of, Delia showed you. Now you get a match with me. Do you think the outcome will be any different?

I might be new to wrestling, but I've accomplished ALOT in my first few months. Its undeniable that I should be the rookie of the year because, lets face it, no one is more talked about than I am. Not only that, but I've backed it up in the ring. I'm going to be a future bombshell tag team champion, I've won a World Championship elsewhere, and I've outsmarted and out wrestled people from coast to coast. When I brag about what I've accomplished, I have a right to.

What about you? Do you REALLY think you're some superhero or something? That's such a childish thing to say!"

Liz rolls her eyes, twirling her blonde hair.

Liz Smalls: "What makes you a superhero? Liking stupid comic books? Maybe FAKE movies? I have news for you Roxi, this is real life. And in the real world, there are NO superhero's. But, there are winners and losers. Let me tell you a little bit about myself, kayyyyy?

Kay. First, I've been winning since I was 4 years old. When I was 4, I won my first beauty pageant. By 5, I was 'Little Miss San Francisco', and by 15 I had won over 20 beauty pageants Coast to Coast.

I had magazines knocking on my door. Teen People, Seventeen, In Style, Big Hit, you name them and they were knocking at MY door. BEGGING me to pose for them.

In my first 4 months in wrestling, I've changed the way everyone looks at models. Lets be honest, there are a lot of models in wrestling now, but...they aren't quite like me are they? They might post selfies on twitter all day, but when the bell rings do they get the job done like I do? Nope. Do they attract the attention that I demand? Of course not. Because, unlike them, I stand out. For every picture I post on twitter, I pick up a win in the ring. And, unlike the other models, I actually work my butt off and don't rely on my looks...though I could if I wanted to.

BASICly Roxi, you've never faced someone like me. Someone that has been winning since the day they were born, someone with as much star power. I can't take away what you're capable of in the ring, but as valuably as you are to the bombshell division, I'm twice as valuable.

You can keep being nice with your stupid little inspirational tweets, all it does is make you look weak. Nice guys and girls ALWAYS finish last. You're no exception.

Do you know why the 'fans' even cheer you? Its because you are STUPID enough to go into the crowd and let them lift you up with their dirty, Dorito smelling fingers and push you around on the way to the ring. Its because you act like a superhero and REALLY believe you are one. Its because you're just like them.

Cmon, who wouldn't want to be a superhero when in reality they are NOTHING but another face in a crowd? Who wouldn't want to hide the fact that nobody cares about them, by really believing they are someone who matters, someone who saves people, a hero.

You're NOT a superhero Roxi. And I'm not a villainess or whatever. I'm a Mean Girl and you're a BASIC girl. Hashtag...Liz Fact.

Basic girls want to be Mean Girls. We're hated on EVERYDAY on twitter. When we step into the arena's for SCW, we're loved AND hated, but we're always the one's people pay to see. Everyone wants to sit with us...but not everyone can."

Liz flips her hair back, the Covergirl staring right into the camera, never seeming more focused than she is right now.

Liz Smalls: "You like to fly in your matches, then I'll keep it on the ground. If you want to try and punch my face, I'll grab the ropes and get a timeout. You do whatever the FANS want you to do, I do whatever it takes to win. Big difference in our styles. Big difference in our careers.

I'm used to being the one that's SUPPOSED to lose. Every time I step into a ring, people tell me I'm going to lose, or that I don't belong, that I'm a model, I can't wrestle. That my career will be ended, but here I am. I've beaten people in their own matches, remember when I beat Marisol in a weapons match? How about just a few weeks ago when I beat the Punk & Metal Connection along with Veronica?

This week, I'm not supposed to win. Roxi, you're one of the top bombshells in SCW. I was told I'm nobody until I beat someone like you, your name was mentioned directly. So, what happens if I don't win? Nothing. The next day I'll still be more talked about than you, I'll still be a Mean Girl, and I'll still be trending on twitter. I'm a star.

But what happens if I DO beat you? Then, all of a sudden, I become real, right? Then I've beaten Marisol Hawkes, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, and one of the premiere bombshells, Roxi Johnson. Then people can no longer say that I'm a joke. People can no longer doubt me. People can no longer say I'm a FLUKE wrestler.

Quite simply, I want and need this more than you. But...at the end of the night Roxi, I'm still Liz Smalls and you're still just Roxi Johnson. You'll still believe you're some superhero, inspirational person, while I'm still a REAL Covergirl, a REAL Champion and a real Mean Girl.

I can't lose this match. Its win-win for me. But..."

Liz smiles confidently, standing out of her chair.

Liz Smalls: "I'm not showing up on Sunday to get pinned, and I'm NOT tapping out.

So, you have a few choices Roxi. You can do the right thing, the smart thing, and lay down for me. Or, I can slap you, outsmart you, and EMBARRASS you in the middle of the ring just like Delia did. I'm a REAL MEAN GIRL...Sorry...NOT...Sorry."

Liz slaps the picture of Roxi on the screen before walking out of the studio as the scene fades to black.