Author Topic: New Beginnings  (Read 383 times)

Offline Crystal Zdunich

• View Profile
    • Crystal Millar
New Beginnings
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
 Diary # 1
Nuevos Comienzos (New Beginnings)
Feeling = Pretty excited

Sin City Wrestling. Let me be the first to say that I feel so excited to be a part of such a company as this. During the course of my career I have had the privilege of being able to travel across all of North American making a name for myself. Making sure that my name would be a household for everyone to acknowledge as being a great wrestler, but I have never had the opportunity to really take my talent and use it all over the world. The feeling that is running through me is that of pure excitement. Just from a glance I can tell that my decision to sign my name on the dotted line of that contract was definitely the right one because who wouldn’t want to have the opportunity to share what they learned competing for the best fans in the entire world.

What is my reasoning for joining the ranks of SCW? Well I can be like everyone else and immediately follow the suit of everyone else claiming that I will not except anything less than eventually becoming the Bombshell Championship.But to me titles come and go, and are just great accomplishments that come along during the ride. What I intend to do more than anything else is showcase what it truly means to be a luchadore. What it means to live, breathe, and die for the mask that I wear. That’s what being a luchadore means. Back in Mexico it wasn’t about titles. It was about having pride defending the right to wear my mask another day, or fighting night in night out putting my mask on the line or even my very own hair.

It was something that was challenging to me and I took honor in every single bit of it. Until one day I lost sense of who I was. It wasn’t about the wrestling anymore, it wasn’t about the honor or living up to the code of what I learned in wrestling school. It was about leaving way too early trying to grow up quickly, and trying to make everything out to be about the limelight, and the bright lights that went with it. The headlining, the grand marquee, the sold out shows. Everything became about wealth and status, and the actual wrestling played second to that.

I think what hurt more than anything else was the fact that I disrespected my father’s school. I didn’t walk out on any school, I walked out of my father’s. A father who put his hand into making sure I would be a successful second generation wrestler, and who knows what the future for my very own children holds. But I do know one thing. The most important day in my entire life is the day that my Father welcomed me back with open arms. I truly felt as if I was the prodigal son and he was just happy that I knew it was best to return home. Not only am I back where I belong but I was able to get restored to an even bigger position.

I am no longer the runaway girl who disobeyed everything that her father ever told her.

I am now the head trainer for this school and I have dozens of wrestling hopefuls who are looking up to me for advice on where they should take their career, and what steps they need to make in order to make strides into the sport they love more than anything else. I guess where I stand I am to be that of the teacher and all of my proteges under me are to listen to what I have to teach them, but in reality it is I who will be learning from them.

My students will help me get that fire back about myself. They will help me break the mold of what I use to be and will help establish what I can be. In Mexico I wrestled under the moniker of La Paloma and in English translation it stands for the Dove. There’s nothing to stop me from taking flight, and nothing will keep me from spreading my wings and soaring above the rest.

As it currently stands my first match in SCW might very well be the hardest one that I will ever have here because it’s everything that I am weak against. I am going to be forced to step into the ring with a woman who has fifty pounds over me and has a 5 inch height advantage over me. When it comes to raw power there is no mistake that Natalie Mckinley seems like she will be one of the toughest people in this entire company. It’s being billed as a David vs Goliath type of match and that’s ironic considering in the end David was able to slay the giant and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be looking to do the same as well.

I am not going to boast and say it’s a done deal but I will give everything in my body to make sure that it comes to past. I may not have it in me to beat her but you better believe that I am going to try. I know that Natalie is going to be in excellent shape for this match. After all from what I gather she is a personal trainer who has turned into wrestling. With a background of being a trainer everything revolves around fitness and helping others one on one to get fit.So I know that automitcally makes you someone who is in the best shape of their career.

But in the same token it is my responsibility to not just work with one person but I have an entire school to work for. I have an entire wrestling school of hopefuls who are looking to me for guidance and as a teacher for them letting them down isn’t even an option.

Mckinley it seems like the two of us have an interconnected fate with one another. Climax Control is the event that the two of us will make our debut on a new stage, and with debuts we both are going to want to show the world just what we are all about. For me it’s not about the winning, it’s not about the losing. It’s about going out there and putting on a show for all the fans that have paid to see a great wrestling match. It’s about being an inspiration for my students and most of all it’s about showcasing what it really means to be a Luchadore.

I know that you are going to be storming into Climax Control like a sherman tank. You are going to look to pick me apart and show everyone that you are more than just a personal trainer. You are more than a woman with power but you are a wrestler, and that’s an attitude that I can honestly respect. When I first started in this business the way I acted you would have absolutely hated. You would have hated me for it. But where aren’t here to talk about what happened in the past. We are here to talk about the present and to worry about what the future holds.

The moment the bell rings you will see for yourself what it is that I am bringing to the table. No matter what happens out there the world will know the name of La Paloma, and they will know that she spread her wings and flew. Are you ready for me to fly McKinley?

Nothing, and I mean nothing will stop me from flapping my wings.

It’s time to soar high in SCW… One match at a time, starting with ours. See you in Northern California.

July 28th
Mondat
Mexico City, Mexico
(All conversations are in Spanish but written in English for easy written)

I find myself standing in front of 12 wrestling hopefuls. I am standing centered stage inside of the ring and I can feel everyone gazing their eyes on me. This all felt natural for me. All I had to do was channel my inner self, as if I was giving an acceptance speech. But this wasn’t about me. This was about them and I had to remember that. I took a long deep breath as I stared at each of them.

“Hola and welcome to La Palomas wrestling gym. I thank you all for wanting to be apart of a wrestling school. Enrolling into the school is merely the easy part but actually having it in you to endure what comes next will be the part that terrifies you the most. I see many come and go but only few graduate. What category do you all want to be a part of? Do you want to be part of the elite who actually put the time in to making something of themselves and finishing what you started, or will you quit when the going gets tough? Let me just make a statement. Quitting is the shortcut to losing so always remember that. If you don’t plan on putting the effort to earn the right to wear a mask and representing the honor that comes with a Luchadore. You might as well leave now because this school will not tolerate laziness do I make myself clear?”

That was a little easier than I thought. It felt weird for me to be the one to deliver this type of message. The same message that my father had delivered to this school 9 years ago when I was 17 wanting to make the jump into becoming a wrestler. It’s strange that 9 years later after everything that I have ever done that I would be the one to deliver a speech, but I guess that is how life goes sometimes. As I stand there something catches my attention. I can hear the sound of somebody clapping behind me. I slowly turn around looking to yell at someone as this was supposed to be a solo act. Not requiring an Amen from the peanut gallery but I quickly hold my tongue as it’s my father. He continues to clap as he offers a smile at me.

“Discursa fabulusa mi hija.”

Great speech is what he says to me in his heavy heavy spanish accent, and I just nod my head at him giving him a firm shaking of the head.

“Gracias…”

He slowly leaves the ring at me as he motions with his finger for me to follow.

“Ven Aqui…”

Come here… Fine I tell myself as I look back at the students telling them to run suicides. I hear a lot of moans in the background but the students just nod their head in return as they exit the ring, and start to run in the gym. I slowly follow my father into the school’s office, and as soon as I enter inside he closes the door behind him. He cracks a smile at me, and I can’t help but cross my arms as I know he is pondering something on his mind. The look he shares with me is one that he has always shared. Obviously there is something cooking up on his mind, and from there he begins to talk in English.

“So I see you signed up for another wrestling company and this time you are choosing to wrestle under the name of La Paloma. That’s a first. You plan on wearing your mask as well?”

I look at him as I slowly nod my head at him in return.

“Actually I did plan too. I figured I would at least give it a try you know? My entire career has been spent wrestling under a name. A name that people would hate me for. I thought it might be a little wiser to get back to the core of wrestling. Bring the honor back, and prove to not only myself but the fans that I am a great wrestler, and I entered this business for the passion to wrestle.”

“Color me impressed. At first I didn’t believe that my daughter had it in her to actually go through this. How long do you actually plan to wrestle with the mask on? Because knowing you, there is honestly something running through your mind on when you plan to remove it…”

“And how did you know I intended on removing it?”

My father grins as he looks at me with an evil grin on his lips.

“Well considering you just told me. I think it was pretty much a safe bet to assume that.planned on taking it off.”

God help me, I never do well with the reverse psychology questions. Oh well it’s no use hiding it any longer.

“I don’t know. I am not trying to hide anything. It’s just waiting for when the time is right. It’s been to stay under the radar, and then when people least expect then come out big. You catch what I am feeling?”

“Yeah I do, but still. I never dreamed of the day when you would actually wear your mask outside of the school. It really is going to be a special moment and you can bet that I am going to have a front row ticket watching you live up to the honor of everything that we established within this school.”

I offer a smile as all of this is news to me. I didn’t know my father had the time to buy him a ticket for the show. I glance back at him nodding my head in agreement.

“Nice. I take it you got tickets for the show then? California should be a fun place to wrestle for my first show. Would prefer if it was Southern California but beggars can’t be choosers right…”

He just cracks an evil wider grin as he keeps his eyes locked on me.

“Actually I have an even better seat. Ringside no less when I am managing you to the ring…”

“Wait what?! We didn’t agree on you managing me…”

He just keeps grinning as he nods his head in agreement.

“I didn’t think I had too. I am your father, and besides you can’t try to share your love for Lucha Libre without having the man who taught you everything he knows. This should be exciting. Father and daughter together. Now you keep working with the students I have a bag to pack.”

He smiles as he exits the room leaving me by myself. Looks like this whole signing with SCW may take me for a ride. Take me places that I never imagined I would go and having my father there for the journey definitely catches me off guard but what is one going to do? FML… But it’s whatever might as well soar anyway. I take a long deep breath before I leave the office going back to my students. Might as well tell them my plans for wrestling again...
user posted image