Author Topic: Origins of the ACW  (Read 329 times)

Offline Guns For Hire

• View Profile
Origins of the ACW
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
 The scene fades in with Drew Patton stepping away from Justin Decent as he makes the announcement.

Justin: Referee Drew Patton has advised that Landon Axel will be unable to compete in this match due to being attacked before the start of this match. However, your winner per Drew Patton via disqualification is Landon Axel!

Landon Axel lays motionless in the ring with the ring-side physician and medical team kneeling by his side. The physician pulls out a pen light and begins to flash it into his eyes, no movement from one half of the Gun’s for Hire, the physician checks the other eye.

Ringside Physician:
Landon, can you hear me?

No response from the young Texan. The physician looks at the medical team heading down the aisle holding a stretcher board, nodding his head towards them, the physician pulls out a neck brace from his bag and unfastens it.

Ringside Physician:
Landon, we’re going to have to take you to the local medical facility, okay.

A couple of the medical team in the ring get into position.

Ringside Physician:
Now I’m going to walk you through what we’re going to do, we’re going to slowly roll you onto your side so we can place this neck support on, then we’re going to slide the board underneath you. It won’t hurt a bit.

The physician looks between the two medical team standing to Landon’s side, he notices the rest of the medical staff climbing through the ropes, he waits until they place the board in front of the two medical team-members.

Ringside Physician:
Right, on three. One.. Two… Threeeee

The medical team roll Landon onto his side, the physician places the brace into place as another medical officer slides the board underneath, the physician nods to the medical team, who slowly lowers him back down onto the board.

Ringside Physician:
Landon, I’m going to fasten this brace and wrap the straps over you to secure you in, okay. Again this won’t you, Okay.

The physician, along with the closest medical officers, strap the former Tag Team Champion up and secure him into place. The medical team slides the board carefully near the edge of the ring, the audience in attendance begin to applaud Landon Axel, after being on the end of a brutal beat-down by Duke Ata Tupoi. The Ringside Physician climbs out of the ring and stands next to the board.

Ringside Physician:
You’re going to feel a slight jolt but don’t worry, you’re in safe hands, we’re going to carry you through to the ambulance and we’re only a short trip away from the hospital.

Physician nods his head towards the medical team, who gets into place, the physician looks from one to another.

Ringside Physician:
Now on three, One…Two…Three!

The medical team lifts the stretcher off the ringside apron and begins to carry Landon Axel up the aisleway, the audience in attendance continues clapping even with the footage of the culprits appearing on screen being eject themselves as the scene fades away to black.

[  t w o  h o u r s  l a t e r  ]

Simon is about to when Ethan jumps from behind and drives Simon into the mat with a one-handed bulldog! Holly scrambles out of the ring as Ethan pulls Simon up from behind! He wraps his arms around his waist and goes for a dead lift, when Simon suddenly counters into a victory roll and hooks both legs!

Delia dives in to break it up but Brandi grabs her!
3!

The bell rings and the crowd cheers!

Simone: It's over! They did it!

Adams: Simon and Brandi win!

The crowd cheers as Jacob raises the arms of Simon and Brandi as the crowd cheers!

Justin: Here are your winners, and the 2014 Blast From the Past Champions ... Brandi Shotze and the SCW Heavyweight Champion Simon Jones!

The fans cheer as an irate Delia throws an absolute fit in the ring, stomping her feet and dropping to her knees and pounding the mat, screaming bloody murder! A disappointed Ethan Brody never the less shows what kind of man he is and shakes first Simon's hand, and then Brandi's, as the officials bring the large trophy into the ring to present it to the winners..

Ethan notices Delia on her knees by his side as Erik Staggs heads out from the backstage, he glances down at the perplexed young women and up at the aisle-way seeing the winners walk past the Head of Talent Relations. Wondering if he should stay or go he steps to the side of the ring, still feeling disappointed that he couldn’t win the tournament, he lets out a long sighs whilst looking at the crowd. They aren’t focused on the former Tag Team Champion anymore, more of the events unfolding between Delia and Staggs, Ethan climbs out of the ring and steps down the steps looking very dejected. Fans ringside hold their hands up, offering their commiserations, he slaps their hands and heads up the aisle way slowly as the events in the ring become interesting. Ethan pulls the curtain aside and steps into the backstage area, most of the crew are glued to the small monitors watching the action, Ethan walks past them all without one of them glancing up.

Familiar Voice
You where very unlucky, Ethan.

Ethan looks to where the voice was coming from, seeing that standing in the doorway to his right is Lucian Frost, smiling away with the SCW Tag Team Championship draped on his shoulder.

Lucian Frost
I lied, got your attention thou.

Ethan panting and sweating away steps over towards Lucian.

Ethan Brody
Give me one reason, just one, why I shouldn’t kick your ass right now.

Lucian smiles

Lucian Frost
Just one you say, well you’d just gone through a long match, a match where someone half your age would struggle to keep up. You’re struggling to breath and if you tried to ‘kick my ass’ you’d only result in keeling over.

Ethan clenches his fists together.

Lucian Frost
Plus the feelings you have for young Delia

Lucian points towards a monitor, the arena erupting, Delia has just paid for her lost bet.

Lucian Frost
Tut Tut, old man. Even the blue pill couldn’t help you keep it up..

Ethan smashes his fist onto the wall near Lucian’s head.

Ethan Brody
Next time It’ll be your skull against that wall.

Lucian laughs hysterically

Lucian Frost
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Ethan Brody
Edgar Allan Poe..

Lucian Frost
Educated boy, you know which works it’s from?

Ethan Brody
The Raven.

Lucian does a sarcastic slow clap

Lucian Frost
If I had a gold star, you’d be getting it right now, top of the class!

Ethan Brody
I’m still waiting for that one reason, boy!

Lucian smirks

Lucian Frost
You must know what the poem is about, Ethan, The distraught lover who’s slowly falling into madness, losing the love of his life, Lenore. The raven repeating the word ‘Nevermore’ Just like you, Ethan, you’re distraught over the loss of the Blast from the Past tournament, losing the respect and misplaced love you have for Delia, leading you to not only loose the one shot you have at the Heavyweight Championship but eventually losing to me once more, getting the chance to be called a champion nevermore!

He lifts the Tag Team Championship up in the air, so the leather strap almost catches the side of Ethan’s face, Lucian tilts his head to read his foe’s face.

Lucian Frost
You’re meant to be a mercenary for hire, yet look at you, downtrodden and made to look a fool. I can change that for you.

Ethan snarls.

Ethan Brody
I am not interested, Frost. I should…

Lucian cuts him off.

Lucian Frost
You should what? Kick my ass, rip me limb for limb, yet here we are still talking. Empty threats from a man who doesn’t deserve to be Heavyweight Champion! You want your identity back, Brody, I’ve got a proposition for you at the next Climax Control that will help you realise.

Ethan Brody
Help me realise what?

Lucian Frost
Just who you really are!

Lucian flings the belt back over his shoulder, stepping forward as Brody glares at him, Lucian eyes the balding brit in front of him and smile, brushing his shoulder as he walks away, letting out a cackle of laughter as he leaves the bemused and angry Ethan Brody in the hallway as the scene fades away to black.

[  t w o  w e e k s  l a t e r  ]

The scene fades in on the site of Landon Axel sitting up on a padded hospital gurney, dressed in his normal attire of denim jeans, leather jacket and bandana wrapped around his forehead. Standing by the window of the hospital ward is Ethan Brody, he looks like he’s staring out of the window but in fact he’s staring at his reflection, the disappointment from Blaze of Glory still playing on his mind.

Landon Axel
This is completely unnecessary, I’m fine.

Ethan doesn’t respond, Landon looks towards him in the hope of something, he lets out a cough.

Landon Axel
Sure Sin City officials need to see if I’m medically cleared, but I’m fine, ready for this Sunday night to get retribution.

Landon looks towards Brody again but no response.

Landon Axel
Maybe we can get the roulette rules stipulations involved so we wrestle in bra and panties, I’ve got this sweet thong I’d like to..

Landon is cut off by the door opening and in steps a female doctor, she looks down at the file in her hand as the door slowly clicks shut, Brody turns around and leans on the window as she stands in front of Landon.

Doctor
I’m pleased to say that you’ve been signed off by the doctor, you’re free to wrestle this coming week with no worries whatsoever, that must be a load of your shoulder.

Landon Axel
I knew I was fine but legality of it all means I had to do these tests, which is understandable, but I’m safe to fly to Europe and compete

Doctor
A few weeks ago you wouldn’t but you’ve recovered nicely, so you’re cleared to compete and cleared to fly.

Landon Axel
Excellent news doctor, thank you very much.

Doctor
You’re welcome and you’re free to go.

The doctor smiles towards both men before taking her leave.

Landon Axel
See I told you I’m fine!

Brody stares blankly in front with his arms crossed.

Landon Axel
Look, Brody, I know you’re still hurting from losing the tournament and Heavyweight Championship, but you’ve got to move on and it starts with Max Burke and Duke Ata Tapoi!

Ethan unfolds his arms and places his hands in his jean pocket

Ethan Brody
I reached the final of the tournament, the names who got eliminated prior is a who’s who of SCW, I never imagined the title would be on the line but it was an incentive and I blew it, Landon, I blew it with a lapse of judgement.

Ethan looks disappointed in himself

Ethan Brody
I should of pre-empted the school boy pin but I didn’t, Simon Jones pinned my shoulders and I lost the tournament, the chance to be champion and my partner suffered and embarrassment beyond belief!

Landon smiles.

Landon Axel
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one to stare at Erik Stagg’s butt, but it did look good with a Delia accessory.

Ethan glares at Landon who stops smiling.

Landon Axel
Let’s face it, Eth, Delia Darling is poison. You’re now free of her, no obligation to mention her, you are now back with me on our quest to be two time Tag Team Champions!

Ethan shakes his head.

Ethan Brody
You don’t know her, LA, she has a certain something. But you’re right, we need to make sure Duke and his puppet master get what they deserve after Blaze of Glory!

Ethan looks at Landon.

Ethan Brody
Max Burke would have been considered the number one contender but Lucian beat him and now he’s got a DQ loss to you, we’ve got to make sure that this will be loss number three!

Landon smiles.

Landon Axel
Guns are back baby!

Landon jumps down off the gurney as the two fist bump and head out of the hospital. Grabbing their gear and heading to the airport, the terminal packed from businessmen to tourists, Guns For Hire find a couple of seats in the bar as they await their flight to Europe. Ethan sits at a table with a glass of whisky whilst Landon sits with a bottle of beer, Ethan pulls out his handheld camcorder and places it on the table, adjusting it accordingly so the two can be seen on the little screen. Ethan presses record.

Ethan Brody
Blaze of Glory was meant to be a night of success, Landon defeating the number one contender to the heavyweight championship, Max Burke, then it was meant to be mine and Delia’s swansong. Capturing the trophy and gaining the title opportunity of our choices. That night didn’t turn out the way we expected, not one bit.

Ethan takes a sip of his glass.

Ethan Brody
I’d love to be sitting here with the Heavyweight Championship draped over one shoulder or clasped around my waist, I’d love to see the trophy perched behind my bar so everyone could behold it with wonder, however I sit here title-less and trophy-less. I shook Simon’s hand at the end of the match to show my respect to him, he was the better man on the night, but I hope to meet you again in singles competition to show you and the SCW that I can compete with the best.

Landon Axel
You don’t need to wrestle him to show that, Ethan, I have seen the re-run of the match and on another night you could of prevailed against him, heck you can compete with anyone under SCW contract like Sean Jackson.

Ethan is about to take a sip of his drink but places his glass down.

Ethan Brody
As you know, LA, and many of the SCW fans and wrestlers alike know we are originally from ACW, we signed for them when they were in the alliance, we were number one contenders to the ACW Tag Team Championships. To see the ACW Championship around the waist of Sean Jackson is a complete joke. I hope Mark Ward is enjoying the fact his chosen champion is doing so well with this belt, I’d personally like to see him compete with me with the belt on the line, as an ACW original I’m sure the fans would prefer to see me ACW Champion than you, Sean. Is this an open challenge to you, maybe, or maybe I’m just airing my thoughts about you Jackson holding a championship of a promotion I hold dear to my heart.

He now manages to take a sip of his drink.

Ethan Brody
Which leads me onto the man who held the championship before Mark Ward disgraced it, Duke Ata Tapoi, a man who was feared in the alliance and dominated ACW for a time. You where hated but respected for what you accomplished in the ring. Fast-forward a year and you’ve returned, but as someone’s puppet, what happened to you Duke? The ACW Champion is now doing the bidding of a man who couldn’t even lace your boots, Duke, he wasn’t in the same league yet you’re now doing his biding. Money is probably an issue as to why you’re doing it but still. You could rise up and challenge Simon Jones or Sean Jackson for their titles, combine with Burke or any of your other buddies to challenge for the Tag Titles, but you’d rather be the side-kick to the puppet master. Maybe Mark Ward is right in having Sean Jackson as the ACW Champion since its predecessor is a joke, a shell of his former self!

Landon Axel
Like Ethan reminisced, you where an original and an original who took the title in both hands and defended it with utter brutality, you showed that when you returned and destroyed me. I’m not going to beat around the bush, you got the better of me and I spent some time with the medical department because of you. As a mercenary myself I understand how big money can be, I really do, but Max Burke’s only achievement is winning the roulette title, being buried alive and losing the main event for the Heavyweight Championship.

He grabs a handful of peanuts and shoves them in his mouth, chewing frantically before speaking with his mouth slightly full.

Landon Axel
What you did to me at Blaze of Glory still plays on my mind and it’s something I cannot forgive or forget. Payback is the only alternative and it’s something I’m going to enjoy this Sunday at Climax Control. We’re waiting for our flight to Europe and once we’ve arrived in Morocco the one thing that will be on our minds, not the beautiful landscape, not the traditions and culture of the country, it’ll be the destruction of Duke and Max Burke. Look at the saviours, one match with us and they ran home with their ball. Your uprising will result in the same damn thing!

Ethan smiles.

Ethan Brody
You have recruited Andrew Garcia, first official match and who defeated him?

Landon Axel
I did, Ethan.

Ethan Brody
And at Blaze of Glory, despite the condition you left in, who was the official winner of the ‘match’ with the main guy, Max Burke?

Landon Axel
I did have double vision and my hearing was muffled, but I do believe that was also me, Ethan.

Ethan Brody
So Max Burke and Andrew Garcia have lost to my young partner, Duke will be looking to get back to winning ways, but this new group emerging in SCW looks like their thorn in their side is Landon Axel and his partner, Ethan Brody. Pandora and his bunch of merry men buried you and we beat them with ease. Garcia wanted to prevail in the tournament, yes I did lose it, but at least I made it to the final whereas your little apprentice made it to the first round! The uprising within SCW needs a roadblock and we’re that!

Landon Axel
Saviours gone, Aaron Matthews gone, we’re cleaning the SCW of bad pennies one match at a time.

Landon takes a swig of his beer as Ethan looks deep into the camera.

Ethan Brody
To the Tag Team Champions who are rumoured to be watching this match, I hope you watch REAL carefully, I may not be Heavyweight Champion and I’ll doubt Mark Ward will sacrifice the chosen champion for the ACW belt, we’re still owed a rematch to the Tag Team Championships and if you need proof of our calibre of being challengers then watch this match. Max Burke and Duke Ata Tapoi are going to be taken to the limit and beyond!

Landon Axel
Payback for Blaze of Glory will be sweet, Duke, real sweet as the ACW legend, no,  Max Burke’s bitch will be put in his rightful place as Guns for Hire get back on the road towards our Tag Team Championships!

Ethan and Landon raise their respective drinks up and clink them together, Brody leans towards the camera and presses stop of the camera, Landon lets out a cough as Ethan places the camera back into his pocket.

Ethan Brody
I’m going to stop off at my home away from home before flying out

Landon Axel
I’d rather not watch soccer, thank you very much, tweet Simon Jones to see if he approves of your team.

Ethan Brody
He wouldn’t appreciate a decent side since his team is from Birmingham

Landon Axel
That means absolutely nothing to me, you enjoy your soccer, I’ll head to morocco and be a sightseer.

Ethan nods his head as the two continue to drink before the announcement over the PA system announces their flight is boarding, they quickly drink what they can, grabbing their bags and heading off into the crowded airport as the scene fades away to black.  

>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<select>
 <option value="Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody">
<align=center>Guns For Hire - Landon Axel & Ethan Brody<align>
</option>
<option value="ACW Originals">
ACW Originals
</option>
 <option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)">SCW Tag Team Champions (5th Jan 2014 - 2nd Feb 2014)</option>
<option value="SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)">SCW Tag Team Champions (18th Oct 2015 - Current)</option>
<option value="Only SCW Tag Team to be 2 time Champions">First SCW Tag Team to be 2 time champions</option>
 <option value="SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)">SCW Blast From The Past II Finalist (Ethan Brody & Delia Darling)</option>
   <option value="SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control)">SCW Alumni Battle Royal Entrant (Ethan Brody / 100th Edition of Climax Control) </option>
<option value="Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody">Follow on Twitter @ExileEthanBrody</option>
</select>