Author Topic: DVD Exclusive Backstage Interview Nicolas L Blair  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Nicolas L Blair

• View Profile
    • Nicolas L Blair
DVD Exclusive Backstage Interview Nicolas L Blair
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
 Blaze of Glory III

DVD exclusive post-match interview:  Ms. Rocky Mountains interviews Nicolas L. Blair

The segment fades in to show Ms. Rocky Mountains, dressed smartly and slightly professionally in a mostly-unbuttoned blouse and black pencil skirt holds up her microphone and gives the camera a dazzling smile.

Rocky:  Hello again, SCW fans!  Rocky Mountains here, looking to give you DVD buyers an exclusive scoop backstage at Blaze of Glory III.  You can hear that the action is still going on in the arena, as the Blast from the Past finals are taking place, but I’m back here to try to find one of the competitors from the match that just ended…Nicolas L. Blair, making his debut here in SCW taking on our illustrious part-owner, Mark Ward.

The camera pulls back to reveal that Rocky is stepping into a locker room.  Rocky looks around.

Rocky:  No one here…

She turns and pokes her head around the corner towards the showers.  The sound of running water comes in clearly on the video feed.

Rocky:  Ah, sounds like he must be getting cleaned up.  Well, you know me, I never let a little running water get in between me and an interview…

Rocky gives the camera a playful wink as it follows her around the corner into the white-tiled shower.  The camera shakes for a moment, but then rights itself.  There is blood smeared all over the walls…handprints and crimson streaks dripping downward and mingling with the running water.  The entire shower looks like it has been redecorated for a horror movie.  Rocky takes a step back.

Rocky:  Jesus Christ…

Blair:  He’s not here.

The camera spins around and sights Blair, sitting underneath a running stream of shower.  A towel, sopping wet with water and blood is barely draped around his waist.  The wound on his forehead, where Mark Ward had bitten him during the match, tearing him open, has gone from a trickle to a gush underneath the shower.

Blair:  Ms. Rocky Mountains, I presume?  I had heard about your disregard for personal privacy.  So fortunate you’re employed somewhere with lax punishments for sexual harassment and assault.  

Rocky:  I’m not here to be a participant in your mind games, Nicolas.  I’m here to find out, in your words, how you feel about tonight’s match with Mark Ward.

Blair’s head lolls around loosely on his neck as he tips his chin down and turns his eyes up to stare at Rocky.  

Blair:  I have a question for you.

Rocky:  I’m the interviewer, Nicolas.  I’m the one who asks the questions here.

Blair:  Do you know what Bruiser Brody was thinking as he lay dying?

Rocky’s mouth opens, and then snaps back shut.

Rocky:  I…what?  What does that even mean?

Blair:  FanTAStic questions, Madame interviewer, you truly are a credit to your profession.  Bruiser Brody, one of the truest greats of the sport of professional wrestling, was stabbed to death in a shower almost exactly like this one in Puerto Rico in 1988.  His rival, José Huertas González, accosted him while he was in the shower…

-much like you are doing right now, in fact, Ms. Mountains…-

-And stabbed him in the stomach as the shower poured down on them both.  And so, I ask you, Ms. Mountains, in this situation so reminiscent of that augustine event, what do you think Bruiser Brody was thinking as he lay underneath the showerhead, his blood flowing down over his body towards the drain, knowing that he was dying?

Rocky:  He…was probably thinking about his family?

Blair rocks back and forth slightly, his chest heaving up and down as if he’s holding in laughter.

Blair:  Aaah, how perfectly saintly of you to assume.  I was there-

Rocky:  You were NOT there.  You’d have been about 5 years old in 1988.

Blair gives Rocky a cold, dangerous look.  She pushes hair out of her eyes, the water misting everywhere flattening her hairdo and starting to drip off of her body.  She clears her throat to break his silence.

Rocky:  I’m sorry.  Continue.

Blair:  I was there, as I was saying, Ms. Mountains, and the last thoughts he had before the darkness overtook him, was ‘I’ve won.  I’ve won at professional wrestling, because my story has the greatest ending.’

Rocky:  You…think he was happy?  About being murdered?

Blair:  About having the definitive ending!  That’s how you win the game of wrestling, Ms. Mountains.  Having a life story with a true, fascinating and dramatic ending.  It was as if life itself pinned Brody down and took it’s One…Two…Three on him.  Bruiser Brody died a happy man, because as a wrestler, as an entertainer, he had been given what so few of his kind do; the sudden, perfect ending to his life.

And you see…that’s what my entire issue with Mark Ward has been about.

Blair leans back, his head against the white tiles, leaving a bloody red streak as he moves underneath the shower’s unrelenting stream.

Blair:  Our story so badly needed it, that definitive ending that I tried to get from him nearly ten years ago.  That exclamation point that concludes the paragraph of our feud.  Finis.  Finale.  That’s all she wrote.  That’s what I’ve wanted.  That’s what Ward OWED me.

I came to Sin City Wrestling, and I reopened old wounds.  

Blair reaches up from his seated position, and takes Rocky’s hand.  He softly pulls it towards him and brushes her fingers on the opened bite wound on his forehead, covering her fingers in his blood.

Blair:  Gashed them wide open, Ms. Mountains, to let the old pain flow out.  I took Mark’s mind and I bent it so hard it nearly snapped in two.  Because I wanted that ends to my means.  And now I have it.  Our happy ending.

Rocky pulls her hand back, thinks about wiping it on her skirt, reconsiders, and just puts the blood-stained hand behind her so Blair can’t reach it anymore.

Rocky:  You said you wanted him to lose so that he could never retire, and spend the rest of his career a shell of what he used to be.

Blair smiles.

Blair:  I lied.  Are you really surprised?

Rocky:  I…suppose not, I guess.

Blair:  This was never about putting Mark through Hell, Ms. Mountains.  All men die and Hell is a patient place.  Mark will get there in his due time.  Probably sooner than he thinks…just like every other man out there.  What is…what is most important…

Blair pauses, blinks, and shakes his head slightly as if trying to clear it.

Blair:  What is most important is that the…the issue between he and I…has had it’s final moments.  It has been…uh…

He shakes his head again, the blood trailing down over his eye and causing him to blink.

Blair:  It has been put out of its misery.  And now true Hell will begin for someone else…and they’ll have Mark Ward to thank for it.

Blair’s head slumps a bit.  Rocky backs up.

Rocky:  Nicolas?  Nicolas?  I think he’s passed out.  Hey, can we get some help over here?  Can we get the medics in here?

She looks at the camera and pushes hair out of her face, not realizing that she’s smearing Blair’s blood on her cheek as she does.

Rocky:  I think this interview is over.  I have to go get some help.

The feed abruptly ends, bringing the viewer back to the DVD’s main menu.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:59:04 PM by Nicolas L Blair »
You're Not Alone
>