Author Topic: A lesson...  (Read 416 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
A lesson...
« on: March 14, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »
 It’s great when a plan comes together. It’s even better when the plan creates controversy. It’s been a couple of weeks since Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree, Max Burke shocked the world by prematurely ending the Sin City Wrestling career of Orchid. Fans and wrestlers alike were appalled at the actions of Burke. The Five Elders were besides themselves last week, especially Jon Dough. The manhunt is officially on for Max Burke, and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

It’s a mild evening in Vegas. We find ourselves outside of Casey Williams’ gym. Max Burke looks up at the sign, and a smirk creeps across his face.

BURKE: House of Pain eh? Fitting. I like it.

Max reaches out, and pushes his way through the heavy door and into the gym. Max tosses his gear bag next to a bench, and surveys his surroundings. Casey’s spared no expense with this new investment. The gym is filled with top of the line equipment. Max spots what he’s been looking for, and yells over to Andrew Garcia. He is over in front of a floor to ceiling mirror doing deadlifts.

BURKE: Drew, grab a towel and take a seat brother. Time to drop some wisdom on you.

Garcia spots Max in the mirror, and sets the weights down. He scoops up his towel, and bottle of water. He joins Max as Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree takes a seat on the bench next to where his gear bag rests.

GARCIA: I’m all ears Max.

BURKE: A wise man once said controversy creates cash. We’re in this business for a lot of reasons. I don’t mean to drop my tagline on you, but I was born to wrestle my friend. This business courses through my veins. There are a ton of ways to become successful in this business. You just need to pick your path. My path is finally becoming clear.

GARCIA: Yes, it is.

BURKE: There are times in your career you have to make a tough decision. A decision so epic it can change the course of the rest of your career. Two weeks ago was that moment for me. I crossed that line, and look what has been happened.

GARCIA: Everyone is talking about it.

BURKE: Exactly. When I jammed Orchid’s skull into the canvas, it took the distaste people have for me to an unimaginable level. Facebook... check. Twitter... check. Dirt sheet sites... check. Everyone was, and still is talking about the heinous acts of Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree. How could he? How dare he? What is Jon Dough going to do? The Five Elders are going to destroy him. The master of the Five Elders is going to send the Ninja after Max.

Max pauses, and chuckles. He shakes his head as thoughts cross his mind. Max unscrews the cap from a bottle of water that he’s grabbed from his bag, and takes a deep swig before continuing.

BURKE: They want to send a fuckin’ ninja after me. The entire wrestling world wants to see me get punished for what I did. God forbid a man puts his hands on a trained professional wrestling woman. Orchid can take care of herself just fine.  The bombshells can attack us on a nightly basis, but yeah... anyways. I took it upon myself to make the conscious decision to turn a distaste for Max Burke to complete hatred in a blink of an eye. Max Burke is now the devil incarnate.

GARCIA: Pretty much. You pissed off the entire locker room, and the fans too.

BURKE: I pissed in everybody’s cornflakes. I wouldn’t have it any other way my friend. You know it. Casey knows it. Mark knows it. This is only the beginning. The flames of hate will engulf Sin City Wrestling by the time we are done. They are just too blind to see it.

Andrew nods acknowledging his new mentor.

GARCIA: We’ll open their eyes.

BURKE: Yes, indeed we will Drew. They will not like what they see though. We are taking Sin City Wrestling down a path that they have never ventured. The path is a twisted one that will have unfathomable amount of casualties. It is an unfortunate necessity to raise it to the next level. Orchid was the first, but she will not be the last.

GARCIA: Plans for this week?

Max cracks his neck from side to side. He leans in closer, resting his forearms on his knees.

BURKE: Always. We turn another page in the book of destruction on Sunday night. We tease them just that little bit more. You always have to leave them wanting more. We have them in the palms of our hands.

GARCIA: Looking forward to Lucian?

BURKE: Ah yes, my old foe... Frost. He’s a colleague I’ve always respected no matter how foolish and misguided he was to align himself with that scum of society. Frost was always the shining star of Blood Omen. Don’t get me started on that pathetic excuse of a former partner of his though. Frost has seen the light lately. I’m not sure what has brought it on, but I have to say I am enjoying it immensely. I’m also watching him with a keen eye. I can’t say he’s improved his taste in partners, but anything is a step up.

GARCIA: Dough’s in his corner Sunday.

BURKE: Dough doesn’t have the balls to try anything. He knows better to cross me. He definitely knows better than to cross Mark too. Scratch that. He may be stupid enough to take a shot, but Acquin is the special referee and will drop him in a flash. Dough is outmatched in this one. He won’t try anything. Frost and I will put on a clinic like we’ve always done. It’s been awhile since we’ve been across the ring from each other, so it’ll be interesting to see how we match up now. I admire his new, and improved attitude. Hell, we may have to go out and have a drink after the show on Sunday. Could be fun to talk business with him. Yes, we may have to do that. Enough chit chat. Let me change, and I’ll run you through a REAL workout bud.

Max snatches up his bag, and heads to the locker room.