Author Topic: After Climax Control  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
After Climax Control
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
 The backstage area in the Jalousie Resort Beach in St. Lucia is buzzing and wild with activity.  Following the match with Kain and Rage, which ended in a double disqualification, tempers are flaring everywhere.  Synn, Gabriel and Despayre had to use all of their strength to get the angry beast that is Rage backstage to their dressing areas after he and Co-Owner "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward got involved in a hellacious brawl, as did Kain and Heavyweight Champion, Goth.  While the situation with Kain and Goth has gotten under control, The Seven Deadly Sins are still trying their best to calm down The Sin of Wrath.  But that is a task that is easier said than done.

Rage: Shane get the fuck out of my way!

Rage's loud voice can almost be heard down the hall.  Inside their dressing room, Shane is blocking Rage from going anywhere.  Synn, Gabriel and Despayre (and Angel too!) are blocking the door way as a second line of defense.  Rage is fuming, and you can almost see the steam pouring from his ears.  His white tank top is tattered and ripped; the tell-tale signs of Rage's temper causing him to tear anything apart, even his clothing.  Shane stands in front of him, arms folded across his chest and shaking his head.

Shane: Not gonna happen, mate.  You need to calm the hell down.  I don't care if we have to stand here like this all night.  You're not walking through that doorway again unless it's to head back to the hotel room.  

Rage: Shane, if you don't step aside--

Shane: What?  What are you going to do?  You've threatened me before and we both know you won't lay a finger on me, and you won't lay a finger on any of them behind me either.  So just sit your arse down for a bit and calm the hell down.

Rage stands there, still fuming and breathing heavily.  His fists are clenched at his sides, and he is clearly fighting the urge to just plow through Shane and the others with every bit of strength and will power he has; which at this point is not very much.  Despayre looks on, almost nervously, and he clutches Angel close.  He elbows Gabriel's side lightly, and Gabriel looks down to his little "brother" and tag team partner.

Gabriel: Don't worry, Despy.  Shane's got a point.  He won't hurt any of us.

Despayre: Oh I know, but Angel had an idea.  

Gabriel: And what would that be?

Despayre pulls Gabriel down so he can whisper in his ear.  Gabriel closes his eyes and laughs, before he leans up again and shakes his head, then quietly responds to the idea.

Gabriel: As much as I agree with Angel, I don't think female companionship would help him right now.  That's not his problem.

Synn turns and looks at Gabriel and Despayre, with a slightly amused smile, but they quickly turn their attention back to Rage as he has turned around and kicked a steel chair across the room.  He refuses to sit down and begins pacing back and forth while the others stand guard.  

The rest of the night doesn't change much, until the events that unfold following the main event between Drake Green and Damien Kingston.  Synn had forgotten to turn off the television monitor in the dressing room, and just as the latest attack on Drake Green, ordered by "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward, he attempts to make it to the monitor before Rage can see it.  Unfortunately, the plan doesn't work.

Rage: Leave it, Synn!

Synn: That situation does not involve you, Rage.  Just leave it be.

Rage: I said leave it!

Synn shakes his head and steps away from the monitor, and Rage watches on.  His muscles tighten from the growing tension as he watches Max Burke, Cyrus King and ultimately Mark Ward, take their shots on Drake Green.  He watches intently, and although he has never personally met Drake Green, he is livid.  The show comes to a close with Drake Green left almost lifeless in the ring, and Mark Ward and his goonies heading backstage.  Rage loses his temper yet again as he balls up his fist and punchs the television monitor!  His fist goes right through the screen and he turns around, ready to head out of the dressing area.

Rage: I'm not going to let this bullshit continue!  Mark is avoiding facing me, but he's hell bent on ending Drake's career!  

Synn: It's not you fight, Rage.  This is all getting out of hand...

Rage: I just made it my fucking fight, Synn.  Mark Ward is focusing his attention on the wrong fucking person, and I'm going to put a stop to it.  I give you guys my word that I'm not going after Mark Ward...at least not tonight.  So, step aside...

Shane turns and looks at Synn with a questioning look, as does Gabriel and Despayre.  None of them are sure they want to risk believing him.  He does seem more relaxed, however.

Shane: How are we supposed to know that you're telling the truth?  Who's to say you won't go of and find Mark Ward the minute we're out of your sight?

The others nod in agreement.  Rage looks at each of them, and then his eyes fall on Despayre and the stern look he is giving Rage.

Rage: Despy, why the hell are you looking at me like that?

Despayre: Angel said I needed to give you a look of authority.  Did it work?

Rage: Umm...Sure.  Look, if you guys don't believe me, I'll let one of you go with me.  Synn?

They each seem genuinely surprised that Rage has agreed to let one of them go as a sort of chaperone.  Despayre raises his hands excitedly, eagerly volunteering for the job.  Synn steps forward, standing directly in front of Rage.

Synn: You give me your word you're not going to find Mark Ward?

Rage only nods in agreement.  Synn gets a devious smile on his face, and Rage grows nervous.

Synn: If you go back on your word, you'll suffer the consequences.  You understand that right?

Rage: Consequences?  What consequences?

Shane: Baldy, do you really need to ask that?  That's Synn you're talking to.  With his mind, you don't even want to imagine the answer to that question.

Rage looks at Shane nervously, but he knows Shane is right.  Rage glances at Gabriel, who is nodding.

Despayre: Angel said it will be worse than your secret video.  

Rage narrows his eyes and lets out a growl as Gabriel lets out an amused chuckle.

Rage: Angel doesn't know what the hell he is talking about Despy, and Synn...Fine.  Deal.  If I go back on my word, I'll suffer the damn consequences.  But, we don't need to worry about that because I'm not going after Ward again tonight.

Synn extends his hand for a shake.  Rage looks at it reluctantly.

Synn: Shake on it...

Rage: Go wash your hands first...I don't know where that hand has been!

Synn: I wash my hands regularly, thank you very much.  Now, shake my hand and you have permission to walk out that door.

Rage is still reluctant to shake Synn's hand, but in the end, he does.  He shakes Synn's hand, and then Synn steps aside, followed by Gabriel and Despayre.  Rage then walks out the door, leaving the others to wonder not only where he is going, but whether or not he will stick to his word and avoid Mark Ward.