Author Topic: The Fearless Fear Burke  (Read 501 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
The Fearless Fear Burke
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »

The Fearless Fear Burke

MAX BURKE: Damn, it’s good to be the champ.

That it is. That is a fact that Max Burke cannot deny. Max is definitely enjoying the spoils that come with being a champion. Take today for example. Max Burke and his devious, yet delectable counterpart Ruby are seen relaxing in the breathtaking infinity pool that is attached to their luxury residence at Sugar Beach Resort in St. Lucia. The water in the infinity pool is a stunning blue. As you look out towards the beach the edge of the pool just drops off. Overlooking the beach that stretches for what seems forever, Ruby is scantily clad in a simple black bikini. Her feet dangles over the edge of the pool. Ruby has Max’s undivided attention. Max soaks in every inch of her. Her jet black hair is slick with the water of the pool. Beads of water that dripped down from her hair lay nestled on her pale skin. She playfully splashes some water towards Max with a quick kick. She giggles.

RUBY: I must admit I could get used to this.

Ruby inches towards Max. He pulls himself up onto the edge of the pool next to Ruby. He welcomes her in by placing his arm around her as they take in the sunshine that beams down on them. The vibration of Max’s phone breaks the silence. He picks it up from the side of the pool. Ruby attempts to steal a glance at the screen, but is unsuccessful. She lays her head down on Max. He scans the incoming message quickly before setting the phone back down.

MAX BURKE: Hmm. That’s interesting.

RUBY: What?

MAX BURKE: Text from Mark.

RUBY: And?

MAX BURKE: I’ve got Ramone this week.

RUBY: Really?

MAX BURKE: Yeah. He’s got the next crack.

RUBY: Really?

MAX BURKE: Indeed.

RUBY: That’s interesting indeed.

MAX BURKE: I know eh? That’s fine. They can keep lining up these so-called legends. I am where legends go to die. Steve Ramone has had an impressive career. The fact that he’s not a complete douchebag is a bonus. I have to admit, using the douchebag as a punching bag was becoming boring. I am quite ecstatic that he has ventured over to the darkside that is Goth. I hope Goth buries him six feet under once he’s done with him.

RUBY: I may actually miss our puppets. It was lovely to get deep within the confines of their minds, and have them react to every tug of the string.

MAX BURKE: You are 100% right. We had a knack of getting under Kain and Ariel’s skin. This is why we came out on top. We are cold, calculated killers. We keep our focus like we have, and we will be unstoppable.

RUBY: What about Mr. Green?

MAX BURKE: I apologize for not making you aware of that. Don’t fret my dear. Business as usual. Mr. Green needed a reality check. I was asked to provide said reality check. My checks have been quite impressive lately. Mark asked a favor, and I agreed to provide assistance. Drake needs to realize when to tow the company line. He needs to realize that with the power comes the spoils.

Ruby looks at everything around her, taking it all in. She nods and smiles at Max, and sets her head back down on his shoulder. He kisses the top of her head. She looks up at him and smiles.

RUBY: So true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 20th. It’s early evening, and the beaches of St. Lucia are scatter with tourists and locals alike enjoying the calm of this beautiful locale. There is one person who is not relaxing. “Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree” is on the beach for another reason. Max Burke is a stickler for his cardio. He will not lose a match for simply running out of steam. That is not in his vocabulary. Max Burke is a specimen in this industry. It’s known in the locker rooms around the world that Max Burke is a cardio machine. Few can match Max Burke’s conditioning, and that is an x factor that gives Max Burke a definitely mental edge over his opponents. One of Max’s key workouts is running on beaches. You have to exert yourself that much more when running in sand. It takes your cardio to a whole other level. Max comes to a stop after a long stretch of his run. He unsnaps his bottle of water from his belt, and takes a long sip from it. He wipes his mouth, and then runs his fingers through his hair. The sweat drips from the ends, and lands on his shoulders and back.

MAX BURKE: Steve Ramone. You call yourself the “fearless one”. Cute nickname bub.

Max takes the bottle of water, and pours some out into his hair. He shakes his head, and flips his hair back. He hauls a black and white bandana from his shorts pocket, tying it around his head in a headband style to keep his hair from his face. He pours more water over his head cooling himself off.

MAX BURKE: You have an impressive resume. I do have to question someone who hangs on to their past accomplishments with a death grip.

Max begins to walk towards the water’s edge. The sand sinks under his weight, leaving a trail of footprints behind him. The sun is slowly setting.

MAX BURKE: Live in the present. Live in the now Steve. You can shine up your little GWA trophies all you want Steve. Let me be the first to congratulate on all that you have accomplished in your “impressive” career thus far. But, heed my words. Remember, what I’m about to tell you Ramone. Listen very closely. This is very, very important.

A smile slowly crosses the face of Max Burke as he looks out at the calm, crystal clear ocean. No matter how much of a badass you are, you cannot deny the beauty of mother nature... especially in a place like St. Lucia. Speaking of beauty, Ruby comes into view, and she sneaks up behind Max. She wraps her arms around him tightly. He does not seem surprised at all. He knows her touch, and the warmth of her skin against his. Ruby leans in and gives him a peck on the shoulder. He brings her around in front of him so that she can get a better view of the ocean. He pulls in her close, and wraps his arms around her in an embrace from behind. She breathes in deeply as she feels the powerful, yet gentle embrace of the man that is all hers. She feels safe in the arms of the man that is really her polar opposite. What they say is true... opposites do attract. They are the prime example. But, they are a deadly combination in all that they do.

MAX BURKE: Steve, you are in Sin City Wrestling now. This is not the AWA. This is not the GWA. This is definitely not Atlantic Championship Wrestling. This is Sin City Wrestling, the home of the finest talent in the world today. As “impressive” as your accomplishments have been, you are now stepping into the ring with “Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree”. There is no one as impressive as the Burkes. The fearless fear Burke. You pulled out a fluke last week against “The Freight Train Of Pain” Casey Williams. He should have broken you in half. He almost did that. That was simply a lucky shot. You will not be as lucky this week. I do not lose focus for a second when I step between the ropes and into the squared circle of Sin City Wrestling. Just like Kain, your time has passed my friend. My name is Max Burke. I am the present, and future of this industry. I am the now. You need to get that through your thick skull. You don’t have what it takes Ramone. I know it’s true. You know it’s true. Everyone knows it’s true. Face the facts. You do not deserve this shot. I still don’t know how you even got this shot. You are not worthy of a shot at MY Roulette Championship. This is your second match in Sin City Wrestling. You only have this shot because you scored the upset of the damn century. Just like Drake Green... it’s time for your reality check. You’re stepping into the ring with Max Burke. I was born to wrestle. I was bred to win.