Author Topic: Where It All Began... Again!  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Jamie Staggs

• DAU Valedicktorian
    • View Profile
    • Jamie Staggs
Where It All Began... Again!
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »
 ”Of COURSE I’m gonna be at Grinder!”

Former BACW star, Jamie Staggs, is seen standing outside of Madison Square Garden during a Bad @$$ Championship Wrestling promotional event.  The fans are shocked to see a Sin City Wrestling contracted wrestler there.  Jamie is proudly displaying his ref graffiti New X-Tremes printed a-shirt as well as the wrist band, as he stands in front of the promotional poster.  Many of the stars of BACW stare back at the growing audience for the Tri-State hardcore sensations, with the addition of his brother, Spike Staggs, as a special attention grabber.  While many people in attendance don’t know who Jamie is, a couple of people remember his short stint on the extreme battlegrounds filled with barbed wire, broken glass, chairs, and bats.  Oh yeah, and who can forget the blood?  Certainly not the ravenous followers of Mr. Batee’s innovative promotion!

Jamie poses with a few of the die-hard fans who remember him as nothing but a jackass, a daredevil, and a general pain in everyone’s asses.  His partial change in attitude is present as he jokes around with the fans, signing autographs.  Jamie always thought of this as the second most fun part of the job.  The real fun was the abstract art he makes every time he walks down the ramp toward any wrestling ring, whether it had four or six sides.  Jamie leans down as two females get a picture kissing each one of his cheeks.  As they walk away to meet up with their camera man, Jamie turns to face the camera that is there to see him.

Jamie:  Hey yo, MANHATTAN!  It’s your Dumbass University Vale-dick’d-torian, Jamie Staggs coming at you from The Big Apple.  It is totally awesome to be back here after just over a year.  Back at the same event I made my BACW debut.

Jamie shakes hands with another passerby who doesn’t really seem to know who he is.  Jamie scribbles his signature over the bloodied up BACW shirt the fan has in their hand, thrown to them during a semi-recent taping.  He pats them on the back as they go on their way, seeking to fill the shirt up with autographs from every BACW star.

Jamie:  Some of you might remember me as the arrogant jerk who made my way into the company by harassing that Jersey Shore jackass, Giani Di Luca…

Jamie pauses once again as the audience boos at the sound of that name.  He nods his head and raises his arms up victoriously.  A few fans walk by, patting him on the back.  Jamie takes a few steps closer to the camera with his goofy smile spread across his face.

Jamie:  Now you guys want to cheer for me, but back then it was all about the BOOOOOOOOOOO’s!  You thought he was just some nice, sweet kid who didn’t make it onto MTV, so he made a career out of being the only normal person in BACW.  It was at this very event that I made him bleed two minutes into Grinder.  HEY! Now you guys remember me.  I embarrassed him, and eventually he ran all the way across the country to escape the humility.

Fan:  Um, I think you mean humiliation?

Jamie:  Whatever… Anyway, he was one of many people who I took out that night.  I can’t remember their names because they don’t really matter anymore, but I made six losers bleed.  I proved why I belonged here.

Jamie watches as the wrestlers and fans a like pause to listen to him speak.  He wasn’t used to getting attention without being at least ten times as obnoxious.  Instead of trying to ignore him, they were giving him a momentary spotlight.

Jamie:  There were some personal reasons I couldn’t stay in BACW, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect the hell out of the competition and the extreme level of hardcore ass-kicking shows that this company puts out.  For giving me some of the best times of my career, I had to come back one last time to say thank you to the fans, the competitors, and the ring where I left a lot of my blood.

The audience cheers Jamie on once again.  He gives them a very sportsman-like bow before allowing the event to go back to what it once was.  He continues to sign autographs and mingle with the crowd in anticipation for the big bloody massacre that would take place in only two short weeks.  As he does so, who should make their way over to him but his brother, Spike.  Spike pats him on the back and the audience squeals.  They all pull out their camera phones and begin snapping pictures of both Staggs’ brothers.  Spike gives the proper smile as Jamie gives off a goofy tongue gesture toward the crowd.  Once the heat dies down and the cameras stop flashing, Spike turns to Jamie.

Spike:  That was an amazing speech, brother.  You would think someone wrote it for you, right?

Jamie:  Yeah, thanks for that.  I am just lucky that I was able to remember all of that ass kissing stuff.

Spike:  Probably because deep down, you do feel that way, don’t you?

Jamie thinks about it for a moment.  He doesn’t want to admit to having feelings.  What man does?  He can’t help but nod his head in agreement.  He and Jamie take a few steps back from the crowd, giving the spotlight back to those who deserve it, at least for the time being.

Jamie:  I do.  I loved wrestling like we both used to.  I miss the hardcore scene, and BACW was exactly what I needed, scro.  It was intense.  It reminded me of what I could do.  I’m not so great at playing by the rules like you are, Spike.

Spike:  Well, you do best in a loose environment where the rules are more of a suggestion than a requirement.  That is why I am so happy that you decided to join in on Grinder this year.  It has been way too long since both Staggs brothers were booked on the same show.  Won’t that be exciting too?

Jamie nods his head, sighing as he leans against the wall.  He doesn’t seem quite as thrilled about it as Spike does.  Spike pats Jamie’s arm, right on the NXT labeled armband.  Jamie looks out into the audience to see that they are still murmuring about his speech.

Jamie:  I’m glad to be here, and wrestling in the Grinder, but it just doesn’t seem right.  I mean, last year when I went in there, I scouted out all of the wrestlers.  I learned as much as I could about their skills.  I probably would have won the thing if Batee didn’t eliminate me.  He was the only person I didn’t think would go anywhere near the match.  This year, I am going because I was asked to by management at the last minute.  I didn’t prepare for it or anything.

Spike:  You helped me prepare for BACW.  It was almost like a refreshers course, wasn’t it?  I mean, we pulled out all of the stops with the barbed wire and kendo sticks.  You were never meant to wrestle with a plan.  You are the wild card, Jamie.  That is what the world loves about you.  You go out there, and you make a spectacle out of yourself. Everyone hangs on your every move because no one knows what is to come next.  Will you smack someone around with a giant dildo bat, or will you moonsault from the top of the cage?  You never plan it, things just happen and that is the most amazing thing about you that I could never even compare to.

Jamie:  But last year it was my choice.  I pushed for it.  This year, I said no at first.  I am only really doing this to show off my NXT pride, and to show that I still got a little something left in the tank.

Spike:  Deny it as much as you want, Jamie, but we all know that you really wanted this.  You crave the attention inside of the ring, and you demand it every time you enter a ring.  You are just a bit rusty right now.  Go out there and work it off, and show them what you got, bro!

Jamie tries to think of a way to protest it, but he just can’t.  He does seek the thrills of stepping back inside of the ring.  He craves the attention that he will so rightfully earn when he steps between those ropes.  It is almost like a birthright to him.  Spike reaches out a friendly handshake toward his brother, and Jamie reluctantly accepts it.  His own self doubt melts away as that devious smile returns to his face.  He and Spike then turn back to the fans, returning to the routine of autograph signings, pictures, and fan photo ops.  The camera slowly fades out…. TO BLACK!
>