Author Topic: Memories and the Future  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Staggs

• -={NXT}=-
    • View Profile
    • Spike Staggs
Memories and the Future
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »
 We fade into a dimly lit living room where E.T. is playing on the small television.  Elliot has just discovered his best friend is dead.  His light has been extinguished as Elliot wails over the vessel.  His cries continue as we pan out to see clutter strewn about the tired looking home.  A young four year old boy colors in a magazine on the floor, humming some nursery rhyme.  His dark brown hair is combed over to the side as he sits there, completely amused, and paying no mind to the faint yelling going on in the other room.  He sighs as he chooses a different color to put on young David Bowie’s face.  About ten feet behind him is a boy no older than eight years old is seen sitting in a black leather chair, holding onto a little blonde haired baby boy.  The raven-haired boy rocks back and forth as he tries tuning out the yelling by becoming absorbed in the movie.  He taps his foot impatiently and takes a big gulp.  The young baby whimpers in his arms, prompting the young boy to give him a bottle from the nearby end table.  The baby is fine now as he suckles away at the bottle.  The little boy on the floor looks back at the older one with a quizzical look on his face.

Jamie:  Spike?  Why do some boys wears make-ups on their faces?  Do they want to feel pretty?

The oldest boy scoffs at the notion and rolls his eyes.  He tries to ignore his younger brother as he watches the riveting alien come back to life by the frivolous notion of love.  His young mind doesn’t tune this out as impossible the way an adult mind would.  Instead, he nearly sheds a tear.

Jamie:  How come uncle Steve said I looked like a fruitcake when I painted my face with mom’s make up, but Davie Bowie can do it?

Spike:  I don’t know, Jamie!  God, why are you such a doofus?

Jamie:  I AM NOT A DOOFUS!  You’re a nerd bomber, ass face!

Before Spike can even try to reply to that, the baby in his arm spits the bottle out and starts crying loudly.  He screams and causes Spike’s cheeks to turn a bright shade of red.  He props his little brother up against his chest, patting his back gently as he bounces up and down with him.  He sends a glare at Jamie, accented with an ever so poignant raspberry.  Jamie throws a crayon at Spike, hitting him dead in the center of his forehead.  Jamie watches to see that Spike isn’t going to react before going back to drawing in the magazine.  Spike settles back in his chair, looking extremely aggravated.  Jamie goes back to humming as Spike tunes it all out.  He focuses only on his baby brother, bopping his up and down as he gets up from the chair.  He walks back and forth, kicking Jamie in the side as he goes.  Jamie shakes his fists in anger as he gets up.  He is ready to unleash his fury on Spike until they both hear the back bedroom door open.  A stone-faced man looking much like Spike as an adult emerges from the bedroom, followed quickly by a vase of a dozen roses.  The dark man clinches his eyes and looks back into the room.

Robbie Staggs: NOT … in front of the children!

He tries to whisper, but his harsh tone echoes off of the walls.  The conversation continues, but the yelling has turned to harsh whispers.  Spike stares down the hallway with a look of disdain on his face for many moments until the front door opens up.  A young blonde man walks into the room with a big smile on his face.

Erik Staggs:  Geez, is this the Staggs’ residence, or a vampire’s nest?

Erik walks up to Spike and his jovial expression turns a bit solemn as he sees what Spike sees.  He takes a deep breath and then takes baby Tommy from him.  He coddles the child gently against his chest as he gives Spike a gentle pat on his back.

Erik:  You’re a great big brother, Spike.

Jamie:  No he isn’t.  He’s a mean big brother.

Spike grumbles to himself until he just boils over.  He leans down in Jamie’s face and shouts as loudly as he can while he scuffles with Jamie a little.

Spike:  Shut up dipshit!

Erik:  Hey, hey, hey… You two need to cut it out.  And Spike, you shouldn’t use that kind of language at your age.

Spike shows restraint, getting off of his little brother and hugs onto his uncle’s side.  In the mean time, He gets a better grip on the conversation between his brother and his sister-in-law.  He hands Tommy off to Spike once again and walks half way down the hallway before turning into the small bedroom.  Spike’s hopeful eyes soon disappear as he sulks back over to the couch with the crying infant still in his arms.  Jamie is lost in defacing the celebrities of the early 1980’s.  Spike closes his eyes, wishing he could be somewhere else right now.  It isn’t long before his mother, a short, petit red haired woman, comes and takes Tommy from Spike’s arms.  She coddles him, and immediately his crying ceases.  She plants a kiss on Spike’s forehead as a thank you and she walks off into the kitchen with the baby.  His father comes and takes a seat next to Spike, putting his arm around his son.  Through his disdain, Spike can’t help but melt in admiration.  His look of anger fades to a smile as his father runs his fingers through Spike’s slicked back hair.

Robbie:  Thank you for everything.  I know it is a lot to put on a child, and I am sorry that things are the way they are right now.

Spike:  Can I go with you?  I wanna see you and Uncle Erik wrestle in Texas.

Robbie smiles with pride as he presses his son’s head against his chest.  Spike gets excited at the anticipation, but the look in Robbie’s eyes says the one thing that would break Spike’s heart.

Robbie:  No, son.  I’m afraid the road isn’t the best place for a little boy.  We are going to be gone for two weeks.

Spike:  I am adult enough to watch my two brothers, but I am not allowed to go on a trip with you during the summer?  That’s not FAIR!

Spike pushes away from his dad.  As much as it may come as a surprise to his father, Spike is but a boy.  He begins throwing a fit, kicking his legs in the air violently and pounding his fists on the couch.  His father tries to calm him down, but Spike bats his hand away.  His eyes are on fire as he bares his teeth at Robbie.  He breathes frantically, puffing his chest in and out as his father looks alarmed.

Spike:  You only treat me like a kid when it is good for you!  I only wanna see you wrestle and you won’t let me.  You never let me!

Robbie:  You know that isn’t true.  You saw me wrestle in town last month at the Chase.

Loretta:  That’s right.  Your father doesn’t want you to interfere with hunting for hussies.  That really isn’t something a child should be exposed to.  You wouldn’t want to turn out like your father, now would you?

Spike doesn’t answer.  He doesn’t fully understand what his mother is saying as she leaves back toward the bedroom.  Robbie shakes his head from side to side, sighing loudly as he attempts to embrace his son.  Spike pulls away, still giving attitude.  Robbie runs his hands through his slicked back raven hair and looks down to Jamie.

Robbie:  The road is too dangerous, Spike.  I don’t want to see anything happen to my boys.  No one will be there to watch you two while Erik and I wrestle.

Spike:  Bull!  I will be there to watch Jamie.  I am obviously good enough to watch him and Tommy all the time, so how come this is different?  Is it because of the *air quotes* huskies?

Jamie turns around with a quizzical look on his face once more.  He quickly gets a grumpy expression on his face as he folds his arms across his chest.  He stares his dad down with that childish sort of injustice in mind.

Jamie:  Why does dad get a puppy?  I been asking for one for like a million-ty days!

Spike:  I don’t think they were talking about a puppy penis breath!

Jamie:  Hey!  If I can’t say ass face then why can you say penis breath?  Just i-cause it was in the movie doesn’t mean its okay for you to say!  Nothing is fair in this family!

Robbie chuckles as he leans back against the sofa, trying to find the safest way to speak to his children about the dangers of the road.  He doesn’t have long before Erik emerges from the back room carrying several bags in his hands.  He drops them down on the ground, revealing his Misfit’s T-shirt.  He dusts his hands off before looking directly at Spike.

Erik:  You think you are big enough for the road?  I packed bags for you and Jamie, now let’s see if you can handle it.

Robbie:  Uhhhh… Erik?  Don’t you think we should have talked about this before…

Erik:  Talked about what?  Do you mean, we should have talked about the welfare of your children?  I have a few opinions on that myself, ones that you don’t seem to see because you are too close to it.  But the point is that a little road trip might do some good for our future champions of the world, don’t you think?

Robbie clinches his jaw as he shoots visual daggers at his brother.  He forces a fake smile on his face as he tries to think of a nice way to object in front of the children.  When he isn’t presented with the proper opportunity, he only forces the smile on even bigger as Erik matches it with a sense of pride.  Robbie nods his head slowly.

Robbie:  Ohhhh-kay.  I… I guess we are all going on a road trip, just us men.

Spike:  Do you really mean it, dad?

Robbie:  Yeah.  Yeah, I really mean it son.

Jamie snaps out of his trance and jumps up excitedly.  He and Spike dance around the living room in excitement as Robbie shoots a disgusted look at Erik.  Erik shrugs it off and joins in on the playful dancing of the children.

The tiny pupil surrounded by an icy blue iris slowly begins to dilate a bit as Spike stares into the morning light.  It had been ages since Spike had remembered his father so vividly.  In a rough sort of way, it was like looking into a mirror of the future.  There were many things that Spike would fix within this image, but some things just couldn’t be changed.  Destiny had a hand in many things, and Spike’s track record with relationships wasn’t much better than his father’s.  The only difference is that Spike has never been married, and his father maintained relationships outside the sanctity of his marriage.  His thoughts begin racing at the speed of light through his mind as he sits up in his bed.  The only person that has seen Spike’s emotional scars and loved him even more for them is fast asleep in bed next to him.  He leans over, his expression changing from a deer in headlights to serenity.  He gently brushes back the chestnut brown hair with blond streaks, revealing the angelic sleeping face of Vixen.  He tucks the hair behind her ears and gently kisses on her cheek.  The morning star is doing its best to beckon Spike from the warm refuge of their white comforter and incredibly comfortable bed.  He isn’t having it as he just watches Vixen.

”This is unlike anything I have ever felt before.  I am more now than I have ever been.  I am loved by the fans.  I am loved by my children.  That hasn’t changed, but what has changed is the single most wonderful woman in the world has come into my life.  She doesn’t exploit me, or use me, or blame me.  She simply loves me in the deepest way possible.  And now, she has encouraged me to chase my dreams.  She showed me that I am not done doing what I love.  I am at the height of my career, eleven years into it.  I have the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Championship as well as the National Wrestling Alliance World Heavyweight Championship.  My region looks up to me.  The whole world looks up to me…”

Spike watches as Vixen takes in a deep breath, slowly exhaling it from her nose as she turns over in her sleep.  She buries her head in Spike’s chest without even realizing it as she continues to sleep.  Spike smiles and holds onto her gently.

”Of course, this doesn’t come without a cost.  I have to do what every other man who has run this course has had to do.  I have to work twice as hard to keep both belts around my waist.  I have to defend one of my belts in SCW and the other in any region they want me to go to.  I could be in Las Vegas one day, and say… Manhattan the next?  I am up for that challenge.  I live for that challenge.”

Spike smiles in satisfaction as he nods his head.  He runs his fingers through his messy black hair and basks in the morning sun.  As Vixen slowly turns over to her back, Spike takes another glance at her.  He gently moves her hair from her face, watching the hard-edged woman sleeping so peacefully.  He slowly moves his way from the bed and pulls on some flannel pajama bottoms.  He straightens out his black a-shirt and does one final stretch before moving toward the bedroom door.

”I was just informed a few days ago that, at the end of this month, I will be facing a man I know just a little about… The Spectre.  I am honored to say the least.  Who would have figured?  The champion is honored to face the challenger?  Doesn’t it usually go the other way around?  Shouldn’t he be excited to challenge me?  He is a great competitor with a lot of experience under his belt.  There are a few key similarities that I must admit will make this match one for the books.”

Spike walks down the hallway, peaking into his young daughter’s room.  He sees that she is still fast asleep, but not for much longer.  He steps into her room and looks down at her, admiring the one and only good thing that ever came from his relationship with Misty.  He gently tucks her blanket in and walks toward the doorway.

”I have come too far to let him win without one hell of a fight though.  I didn’t put my body through hell against Chris Xtreme to just let Spectre yank it all away from me.  Just because I have a sort of admiration for the guy, which is not to say that I would just lie down and let him pin my shoulders to the mat for the one, two, three.  I have a duty to the NWA and SCW to fight with everything I’ve got in me so that I remain a double champion. Part one against Rage for the SCW Heavyweight title has been taken care of.  My next challenge is going to be just as difficult, if not moreso.”

Spike walks across the hallway and peaks inside another room where his son is fast asleep.  He stares around, taking note of the mess the teenager has left about the room.  Not even this could ruin his cheerful mood.  He sees the mess of red hair and blanket stretched out and he simply shakes his head before leaving.  As he continues towards the stairs, he sees his black cat, Dero, and he reaches down to stroke the cat behind the ears.  Dero purrs before Spike slowly walks down the stairs.

”I am up for it.  I am actually excited to be taking part in one of the alliances biggest events, even if I am not in the main attraction match at Grinder 2013.  Last year, the world was shocked to see a Staggs taking part in Grinder, but this year they will be flat out astonished when they see what I am capable of doing.  We Staggs’ have a thing for drawing blood.  Jamie did quite a bit in the Grinder last year, taking out a handful of competitors.  This year will be no different if Spectre is as intense of a fighter as I think he is.  Between the two of us, we might just make the entirety of Grinder look like a skinned knee by comparison.  Anything for this championship belt, right?”

Spike walks into his study and picks up the NWA World Heavyweight belt and props it up on his knee.  He slowly begins shining it up, making it look as clean as possible.  He wipes away all of the fingerprints from Chris Xtreme and Mike Sloan, in a subconscious way to try removing any history either man has had with the belt.

”I want nothing more than to keep this belt on my shoulder.  I will do whatever it takes to make sure it stays there.  I will travel to any region and I will continue to amaze audiences across the world by putting on the best show possible.  I will fight only the best, to prove why I am the best of the best.  I let this belt go once before, but I will not let that happen again.  A near-death experience, saved only by the “One-Winged Angel” might have shaken me up then, but every time I go out to that ring and defend either title, I am taking a great risk on my life.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  From now on, I will not let this belt go without giving it two hundred percent at all times.  That is what a champion does, and I am ready for this responsibility now more than ever…”

Spike continues to polish the belt up as he hears the soft footsteps coming down the staircase.  He runs the rag over the brand new name plate as his eyes wander up toward the doorway.  His focus stays on it as the soft footsteps become just a touch louder.  He smiles a sensual sort of smile as he watches Vixen peak around the corner. She is wearing a black and red graffiti style New X-Tremes t-shirt that is a few sizes too big for her, almost looking more like a dress as it hangs just above the bottom of her perfectly toned glutes.  She is also wearing long black and red striped socks that come up to her knees, slowly walks over to Spike.  Her hair is slightly a mess as she leans over on his lap.  She pulls the NWA belt from his lap and smirks as she straps it around her waist.  His jaw drops down, but she slowly leans in and nibbles on his bottom lip.  He groans a little as she pulls away.  She leans back so that he can see her wearing the belt and she gets up to model it off for him.

Vixen:  This belt looks great on me.  Don’t you think?

Spike:  Would it be disrespectful to the National Wrestling Alliance if I said that it would look even better on my bedroom floor?

He smirks at her and she raises her eyebrows seductively, tempting him toward the door.  He quickly gets up from the chair and goes to grab the belt from her, but she holds onto his wrist.  She turns around, looking deep into his icy eyes and licking at her lips.  Her French-Canadian accent tickles his senses as she invites him in for the “chase”.

Vixen:  No need to be selfish, Spike.  You already have one.

Spike:  How about we make a deal.  You can wear it for two more minutes, and then I make good on my word, seeing how it looks on the floor?

She pouts her lips out, but Spike doesn’t give her a chance to answer as he presses his lips against hers.  He places his hand on the back of her head as they kiss for a moment.  Vixen removes her hands from his shoulders and then nudges him back a little bit.  She turns and walks toward the stairs, making sure he gets a good view of her backside, placing one foot on the bottom step.  She turns around and bites on her finger nail.

Vixen:  It is early yet.  We still have an hour or two before the kids wake up, and…

Before she has a chance to finish her statement, Spike perks up and a devious smile spreads over his face.  He runs up behind her, scooping her up as she squeals in delight.  He carries her up the stairs as we fade out…

\'user

”There is NO WAY!”

Spike is standing in the middle of the ring at his wrestling school, Staggs Dungeon.  The fans are blowing heavily as the music playing over the speakers comes to a dead stop.  Jamie blinks his eyes as he watches Spike give Vixen an almost deadly stare.  Jamie notices the key signs of a meltdown from Spike.  Eyes are nearly rounded? Check.  Flared out nostrils? Check.  Visible shakiness? Check.  Puffed out chest? Check.  Oh wait, he isn’t grinding his teeth.  Jamie looks a bit relieved as he leans against the turnbuckle.  One loud CRRRRRRUNCH echoing under the fans changes all of that… CHECK!

Jamie:  C’mon, Spike… It isn’t like you have never been in some seriously fucked up situations as a wrestler.

Spike’s eyes widen even more, as if it were possible, as his glare slowly works its way over to Jamie.  Jamie’s eyes widen and his lips make a closed “O” shape as he backs up completely against the turnbuckles.  He takes a few slow and steady breaths as Spike blinks only once.

Spike:  Mind your own goddamn business, Jamie!

Vixen:  The same might be said for you, Spike.  This is my choice to enter Grinder.  I hate to say this to you, Spike… but you can’t stop me.

Spike:  Like HELL I can’t!

The fire has now entered Vixen as she takes a few steps closer to Spike.  She purses her lips in a no-nonsense sort of way as she looks up at Spike.  He refuses eye contact with her because of her weird voodoo-like spell she casts on him any time he looks into those deep, creamy milk chocolate pools she calls eyes.  She puts her fists on her hips, puffing out her own chest.

Vixen:  This is not what I signed up for, Spike Staggs…  You will not control me like you did for the… other unmentionable females from your sorted past who don’t deserve to be mentioned.  We are New X-Tremes for life, but that doesn’t mean that you can play big macho man and stop me from doing what I was born to do.

Spike:  Hold your fucking horses, Vix… I am not trying to control you.  I’m trying to save your life!  So sue me for caring about you.  After what happened against Sean Jackson, I really don’t think it is safe for you to compete in this match where the whole roster is fighting in a first blood cage match!

Jamie:  Awwww… It is your first couples quarrel…

Spike and Vixen: SHUT UP JAMIE!

Jamie holds his hands up in surrender, raising his eyebrows in shock at their unity on this matter.  Perhaps they should thank him for bringing them back together in what has the potential to be a major ruiner for their relationship.  Instead, they look back toward each other, their fire being tamed just a bit.

Vixen:  I appreciate it Spike, I really do but I came this close to beating Sean Jackson and I beat a seven foot tall Phantom so this match isn't going to be any more difficult.  I risk everything when I step in the ring all the time but it is my choice.  So let's just drop it and train okay?

Spike takes in a deep breath through his nostrils, flaring them out once more temporarily.  Jamie makes a whip lashing sound as he compliments it with a flick of the wrist.  Spike rolls his eyes as the inevitable eye contact is made with Vixen.  He quickly looks away, but it is too late.  The damage to his pride has been done as he takes a few steps closer.  A bit of a devious smile creeps upon his face as he runs his hand down the inner bust line of Vixen’s camouflage wrestling top.  He looks down into her eyes and lifts her chin up for a peck.

Spike:  This conversation isn’t over, Vix.  But maybe it would be better to continue it without someone giving color commentary?

Vixen:  I’m not sure there is any more to say on the topic.  I will not change my mind.

Spike:  And I won’t change mine either.  I saw what Jamie did last year in the Grinder, and it would kill me to see someone do half of that to you…

Spike backs away, not giving Vixen a chance to counter his argument with the obvious “It doesn’t matter” sort of reply.  He claps his hands and turns the music back on, playing “Agenda Suicide” by The Faint in the background.  Jamie pushes himself off of the turnbuckle, smirking at his brother’s reference to the mayhem he had caused just one year ago.  He throws his right arm out, then his left, popping them both as he jogs from side to side.  Vixen rolls her eyes at Spike and then focuses on the two locking up in the middle of the ring.  She watches as Spike easily takes control over his younger brother, sending him flying over toward the ropes.  Jamie ducks a jumping kick from Spike, and as he comes back, he leaps up for a Hurricanrana, but Spike flings him down with a powerbomb that shakes the ring.  Jamie crashes his knees together against the sides of Spike’s head and rolls back.  He bounces off of the ropes and catches Spike with a dropkick that rolls Spike backward.  He leaps over Spike, but Spike pushes himself up, his legs like a “V” in the air.  Jamie wraps his arms around Spike’s knees and uses all of his strength to lift his brother up.  Spike wiggles out of it, holding onto Jamie’s shoulders as he thrusts his legs out with a Dropkick of his own.  Jamie writhes from the face shot, and Vixen claps her hands for Spike.

Vixen:  You are getting your edge back, Spike.  Keep it up.

Spike:  I will maul over The Spectre, huh?

Vixen:  Hmmm, maybe.  You have to do a lot more than that to convince me you will breeze by him.

Spike is about to respond, but Jamie leaps up onto his back and drops down with a Falling Backbreaker.  Spike holds onto his back as he rolls around.  Jamie scoffs at Spike’s discounting of his abilities.  He drops down with a Falling Headbutt, but Spike moves out of the way and rolls over Jamie in a somersault.  He watches as Jamie gets up, holding onto his head and he flies off of the second turnbuckle with a Shining Wizard.

Spike:  I am not saying he will be a breeze.  He has a hell of a lot of talent, but I have just as much, and a lot of drive to prove myself against a rightful legend of BACW.  All I am saying is…

Jamie levels Spike backward with a Reverse Rolling DDT.  He is quick to climb the turnbuckle, but Spike is up much quicker than Jamie would have thought.  As Jamie turns around, Spike darts up the turnbuckle and leaps up for a very fluid Frankensteiner that sends Jamie rolling, landing on his back.  Vixen nods her head in approval.  Jamie holds onto his neck.

Jamie:  Time out, brother!  I said I would help you train, not get my ass kicked…

Spike:  I am sorry, man.  I’m just really intense about this match.  It is my first one as champ again and…

Spike sighs and nods his head, realizing he was taking it to his brother.  He reaches his hand down to help Jamie up.  As Jamie grabs onto it, he sits up and racks Spike with a low blow.  Spike falls down to his knees and Jamie grins.  He stands up over his brother victoriously.  He is ready to gloat until suddenly he falls down to his knees as well.  He is not only in a world of pain, but in shock.  Standing behind him with her fist still clinched, and a big smile on her face is Vixen.  She reaches down a hand and helps Spike back up to his feet.  Spike looks a bit shamed, and he gives Jamie a stiff kick to the side.

Jamie:  Hey!  Low blows aren’t against the rules in BACW.  Anything goes, so you gotta be ready for anything.  Just ask your girlfriend about that one…

Spike pulls Jamie up to his feet, both men still in a bit of pain from the low blows.  Vixen shrugs her shoulders innocently as she rubs the small of Spike’s back.  Spike and Jamie share a wary chuckle as they shake hands.

Spike:  You should know better than anyone, Jamie… We came from a hardcore background.  That is why I am most excited about this match.  If I would have signed a contact with any other alliance federation when I signed, it would have been BACW.  You know how much I miss the flaming tables, Jamie.

Vixen:  It is important to remember that this match isn’t under extreme rules.  You have to abide by NWA regulations.  Just because you are competing in that region doesn’t mean you are going by their house rules.

Spike:  I know that, but that doesn’t mean I won’t test the limits to please the audience.  I would only expect the same from Spectre.  It never hurts to be prepared for whatever comes my way.  That is one reason I wanted both of you here with me today.  You both have experience in BACW whether it be past or present, and it is time for me to sit back and be the student.

Spike leans against the ropes for leverage as he prepares himself for a lesson.  He is shocked at the only piece of helpful advice that is tossed his way.

Jamie:  Look, scro.  The only way to be fully prepared for the Bad @$$ Championship Wrestling world is to realize that you can never be prepared for what is to come.

Vixen tries to correct Jamie, but the dumbass actually had some amazing words of wisdom.  She nods her head toward Spike and pats Jamie on the back.  He smiles as if he just told them both the true meaning of life.  Spike soaks it in for a moment, slowly nodding his head as the information becomes real.  He smiles as he is excited for the challenges ahead of him, and his chance to prove himself to be more than just SCW’s Golden Boy.  He is the National Wrestling Alliance’s WORLD Heavyweight Champion, and he intends to stay that way for a very, very long time…