Author Topic: Old Habits Die Hard  (Read 855 times)

Offline Billy James

• View Profile
    • "Beautiful" Billy James
Old Habits Die Hard
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »
 The scene opens up just outside of the Miami, Florida home of one of SCW's newest superstars, "Beautiful" Billy James.  It is clear that years of working in worldwide wrestling companies has treated Billy well, as the house is quite impressive and sits upon some beachfront property.  After a few moments of viewing the exterior of the house, the shot slowly fades inside of the house, where Billy himself is seen sitting and waiting in front of them camera.

Billy:  Well hello there.  Glad you all could join me.  You see, with two weeks off between the last Climax Control and the upcoming Blaze of Glory II event, which will be featuring one of the single biggest matches of my career, I figured it was a perfect opportunity to take a few day trip back home.  I thought it would be for the best to have myself as level and balanced going into this match as humanly possible.  No outside distractions, no nagging thoughts just me and Mark in that ring together, and not one other element influencing that nights events.  So I figured, what better way to relax and let all my cares away then a trip back home to Miami?  So I figured while I was going to be here, I might as well take you all along for a ride and for those of you who aren't already quite familiar with me, give you a little more insight into the life and professional wrestling career of the one and only "Beautiful" Billy James.  So let's get started, shall we?

Billy gets up from his seat and waves the towards the camera, as it follows him over into the next room, which just so happens to be the living room.  As they walk in, laying on the couch watching television is the familiar face of Billy's wife, Kristen.  Billy walks over towards her and leans over the back of the couch and gives his wife a quick kiss before turning back to the camera.

Billy:  I believe you should all know my lovely wife Kristen by now.  Some of you who followed us back earlier in our careers have probably seen far more of her than those others.

A smirk appears across Billy's face as he makes that comment, however it quickly disappears as Kristen reaches back and smacks Billy on the arm for his comment.  Billy is quick to turn to her with a look of innocence on his face as he shrugs at her.

Billy:  What did I say?

Kristen:  Don't think for a second that I, nor those mans, don't know what you're getting at.

Billy:  Well it's true, isn't it?  Let's be honest hun, you and I were like rabbits when we were younger.  We were notorious for some very, let's call them "eye-opening" activities backstage at events in the old days.

Kristen:  Maybe so, we were also a couple of young kids out on the road with lots of money to burn in those days.  Now we're a married couple looking to start a family, those days are over Billy-boy.

Billy:  Oh trust me, I've already been made well aware of that.

Kristen:  Keep it up funny guy and you'll soon get to quickly learn how good you've still got it.

Billy:  You don't need to tell me.  I'm not complaining I think it's just that some of the fans might miss some of the things they used to get peaks of.

Kristen:  Fair enough.  Can't say that I particularly blame them.

Kristen then turns and faces the camera, flashing a big bright smile towards it as Billy can't help but laugh at the sight.  Billy turns back towards the camera, talking straight into it as he points his thumb back behind him towards Kristen.

Billy:  And to think, people think I'm obsessed with my own looks, just listen to this one.

Kristen:  Yeah, but in my case it's at least justified.

Billy chuckles at Kristen's comment before moving along further through the house, turning towards the camera and talking into it as he moves along.

Billy:  Go figure we get along so well, huh?  We have just a little bit in common, don't you think?

From there, Billy continues on to the next room of the house, which has a number of pictures up on the walls, mostly of either Billy or Kristen from when they were children.  Billy stops and looks at the pictures for a moment as he speaks again.

Billy:  Here’s where it all started.  Me as a young pup.  You know, I grew up around here.  Really spent pretty much my entire young life in this general area.  All these pictures here are from around here.  All throughout elementary school, middle school, high school… all around here.  Even when it was time to go off to college I didn’t travel too far, instead I ended up at, where else?  The University of Miami of course.  My entire childhood I had wanted to be a Hurricane and so as soon as the opportunity presented itself, I jumped at it.

Billy points over to the opposite wall from where he is standing, showing his diploma from the University of Miami hanging up there.

Billy:  Not that I can say that I was particularly the greatest student in the world, but I got through it all.  I’ll be honest, I was one of those kids who the education part of college wasn’t what I was really there for.  While I was there, lots of other things had my attention, like the football team, which I actually played for while I was there.  Keep in mind, that’s AMERICAN football I’m talking about here.  We’ll get into all of that later though.  The truth is, I never really got to use that degree for a whole lot, as it was soon after college that I got into wrestling.  Went through the training process, worked the independent scene for a little bit, but before you knew it I was in the big-times.  I hit the ground running and really started making a name for myself.  That brings us to this room.

Billy walks over to a doorway to the next room, putting his hand on the door handle to open it but first stopping and turning back towards the camera.

Billy:  In truth, this is the one room in my house that probably carries some sort of significance for those of you bothering to sit there and watching this right now.  Let’s be honest, you guys aren’t here because of my college football career.

With that, Billy opens up the door and steps into the room, with the camera following in right in behind him to show this to be Billy’s wrestling trophy room.

Billy:  Here it all is.  Every single major accomplishment of my wrestling career is on display in this room.  Over here you can see where it all started, with my arrival in the first major wrestling federation I was ever a part of, ASFW.  This is a picture from my very first match there.

Billy walks to the room and points to a framed picture hanging up on the wall that is him in the ring in the midst of a match.

Billy:  Needless to say, that one ended up as a mark in the win column.  Then again, that shouldn’t be of particular surprise given how will my time in ASFW actually went.  For those of you didn’t already know, I went my entire ASFW career without ever once being pinned or submitting.  Granted, I did technically lose one match in my time there, but that was a triple threat match that saw a finish that didn’t even involve me at all.  But hey, that’s no excuse and credit where it’s due, Damien Diamond was the better man on that day.  Of course, it would turn out that he wasn’t able to say the same the next time we stepped into the ring together.  And I think you all know where this is leading us.

Billy walks over to the first case setup the room, and inside of it is sitting a wrestling championship belt.

Billy:  Here it is, my very first title of my entire wrestling career, the ASFW World Heavyweight Championship.  I captured this belt from Damien and man did I have quite the impressive list of challengers after that.  I ended up in quite the heated feud with “Too Sexy” James Paige which eventually even led to him having to wear a dress.

Billy smiles and laughs as he remembers that moment.

Billy:  Truth be told, I’m kind of disappointed I don’t have a picture of that in the room.  Then again, as hilarious as it may have been, I’m really not sure I want to be looking at that goof in a dress all that often.  But to get back to the point, after a series of matches with Paige that coincided with ASFW’s last days, I managed to successfully retain the title throughout all of that time and until the day ASFW closed it’s doors, finishing up as the companies very last, and undefeated, World Heavyweight Champion.  But trust me, that was only the beginning.

From there, Billy walks over and comes up to a much larger trophy case that takes up pretty much the entire length of the wall it is up against and has numerous shelves.  The case also has a big engraved sign at the top that reads “GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING”.

Billy:  ASFW wasn’t really done, they had just worked out a deal with another company to have a merger and ultimately result in the company a lot of you are already quite familiar with, GCW.  That’s when things really got crazy with my wrestling career.  Things certainly started off with a bang as, being the last-ever ASFW Champion I was given the opportunity to go up against the last champion from the other company that they merged with, GPW, who was amusingly enough known by his ring name of Miami Hurricane.  We faced off in the main event of GCW’s very first show and I walked away as the victor and GCW’s first World Heavyweight Champion.  Trust me, it wasn’t easy though.  Miami Hurricane was an amazingly tough competitor and is a true legend in this industry.  Truth be told, I hope one day he decides to come on out of retirement and join a lot of the old familiar faces here in SCW.  It was an honor that I not only got to win such a prestigious title, but to be able to kick off the company with being able to face off against him to decide who got to take him this beauty.

Billy points over to the GCW Championship belt sitting in the case behind him.

Billy:  And to be clear, this time I’m not talking about myself.

Billy flashes a big goofy smile towards the camera before continuing on.

Billy:  Now unfortunately there was a bit of controversy surrounding my title reign, but the flip side to that is that it was my also second World Championship reign that ended up as being undefeated, so that’s something, right?  Given all of that, I kind of stepped away from the GCW title picture.  They held a tournament to crown a new champion, which was won by a very familiar face to you all, Austin Parker.  He had quite an impressive reign with the belt after that, which didn’t exactly rub a lot of people the right way considering back in those days, he wasn’t exactly the most popular man around if you could believe that.  Of course, his reign eventually had to come to an end like they all due and his came to an end at the hands of another very familiar face.  Someone you all know quite well and I do as well, and really the main reason I’m sitting here talking to you all know, the one and only Hot Stuff Mark Ward.  I’ll tell you what, Hot Stuff was on a tear once he got that belt, and was dominating throughout the company.  Truth be told, I never even considered the idea of going after the belt once Mark got it.  My friend was champion and I was happy for him, that was enough for me.  Of course, that only could last for so long, as Mark and I were eventually forced to face each other in a match for Mark’s title by that giant douche nozzle Craig Suchodolski.  I mean, what was that guy’s deal?  What an obnoxious loser.  Seriously, who would ever want anything to do with that sorry sack of…

Billy suddenly stops in mid-sentence as he just stares into the camera for a moment with a somewhat confused expression on his face.  He suddenly shakes it off as he continues on.

Billy:  But I digress, the point is Mark and I were forced into that match, for this guy…

Billy points back to the GCW title belt in the case behind him.

Billy:  … which meant more to the guys in that company than anything else.  I’m sure you all got to see the craziness that went on in the match when they showed that recap package a couple of weeks ago, but when it was all said and done, I walked out with the belt around my waist as the companies first two-time champion.  Thanks to my good buddy Mark deciding to cost me a match during a title defense against Damien Diamond, I lost my record of never having been pinned up until that point in my career but more importantly, I lost the GCW Championship.  That said, it gave me the opportunity to exercise my rematch clause, win back my title and become the companies very-first three-time champion, an honor that I would go on to share with only one other man many, many years down the road.  Of course, I think you can all guess who that ended up being.  Who else?  Ole Hot Stuff himself.  Then again, considering he shared the title with a man by the name of Guy Grant during his last reign, I suppose you could argue he’s really more like a two-and-a-half time champion, but whatever.  To give credit where it’s due, Mark’s second reign began not too long after my third reign did, as it was Mark who ultimately took the title from me when we had the match of a lifetime in a 90-Minute No DQ Iron Man match.  I may not have walked out of that match the victor, but with a final score of 7-6 and seeing the last twenty minutes or so be mostly just Mark bashing my head in with a steel chair, I’m still damn proud of the performance.

Billy turns and points to one of the GCW Award’s that is in the case, this one being for the Match of the Year that was awarded to Mark and Billy for that match.

Billy:  Truth be told though, that was really the end of me going after singles titles.  I had plenty of other feuds, there was the whole Perfection Connection and Corporation fiasco which went on for years but I also, for the first time in my career, tried out dabbling in some tag team wrestling.  My old friend Jordan and I had quite a nice run together as Perfect Dynasty, having never lost a match as a team and picking up a few nice rewards in the process.  We had an undefeated reign as GCW Tag Team Champions until eventually opting to vacate the titles, we were named GCW’s Tag Team of the Year and not only that, we won this puppy.

Billy points into the trophy case and sitting directly next to his Tag Team Championship belt is a large trophy with Billy and Jordan’s names on it.

Billy:  The WWA Liberty Cup.  Don’t tell Jordan you saw it here, I’m pretty sure he thinks this got lost in the shuffle back when GCW closed it’s doors.  Hey, what do you want me to tell you?  There’s only one of these cups and I wanted it, so mums the word alright?

Billy puts his finger up to his lips, doing some shushing as he looks into the camera.

Billy:  After that I had a short-lived team with Shane Boswell’s cousin Matt in the Party Boys after Shane left GCW.  Truth be told, I simply couldn’t handle drinking that much all the time, and thankfully Shane came back to the company and put a quick end to that.  Now you may be wondering what’s with the whole history lesson, but the point is all coming back full circle now.  And that is this:  outside of my couple of runs in tag teams, pretty much my entire wrestling career since that faithful championship match has focused around one of the two greatest foes of my career, GCW’s Corporation stable, which is what started this all off to begin with, and Hot Stuff himself.  The feud with the former group was eventually put to bed, as long as that may have taken, and the group is long since gone out of the wrestling scene.  The latter, on the other hand, now has me stepping back into a wrestling ring.  Old habits may die hard, but I’m telling you all right now, that I am here to finally put this one to bed once and for all.  After that?  Well I guess we’ll all just have to wait and see what happens next.

Billy flashes a smile before turning and walking away, as the camera focuses in on the various other title belts and awards featured in Billy’s trophy cases, panning around over all of them as the scene slowly fades.

The scene opens back up later in the day, elsewhere in Miami as Billy and Kristen have gone to visit Billy’s parents.  The four sit around the kitchen table talking as they munch away on some snacks that Billy’s mother has prepared for them.

Billy:  I understand what you’re saying mom, but this is hardly a first for me.  It may not be pretty but in the end I’m sure I’ll  be fine.

Mom:  You know I never liked seeing you in any of your matches, especially not the ones with all those special rules and ways for you to get hurt.  But this one, this one seems so much worse than any of those ever were.

Dad:  Your mother is right, Bill.  This match sounds unbelievably violent.

Kristen:  I’ve been telling him that, but he just doesn’t want to listen!

Billy:  It’s not that I’m not listening.  What is that you want me to tell you?  I know you guys are right, but this needs to be done.

Mom:  No, it doesn’t.  What I want you to tell me is that you won’t go through with the match.

Billy:  Are you kidding me?  I’m not backing out and you know better than to think that.  You guys know how far back this stuff with Mark goes.

Dad:  You don’t need to back out.  Just get the match to changed something less… gruesome.

Mom:  I really don’t understand the point of this match anyway.  You two hadn’t talked in years, what’s so different now?  Besides, you’re both so much older and more mature now.  Can’t you two just sit down and talk through this like gentlemen?

Billy:  That’s not going to happen, Ma.

Mom:  Well why not?  I remember meeting that Mark boy all those years back when you two were still friends, and he seemed very nice to me.

Dad:  Yeah, I thought he was a riot.

Billy:  I thought the same as you two back in those days, but a lot has changed since then.

Kristen:  This is the one thing I will defend Billy on.  There’s no way to settle this with Mark.  It’s either this match or anything, and I think you know your son well enough to know that nothing is not an option.

Mom:  But still, couldn’t they come up with something else?  Even if still a match just a different match, ANY other match.

Billy:  Hey, this wasn’t my idea.  You have a problem with the match you can take it up with Mark.  This is the match he wanted and I promise you, he’s the one who’s going to live to regret that, not me.

Dad:  Well I’ve got to say, I like that attitude son.  Knock ‘em dead, son.

Billy:  Thanks pops, that’s the plan.

Dad:  I was speaking figuratively of course.

Billy:  I know pops.  It’s ok.

Dad:  Good, just wanted to be clear.

Billy:  It’s fine, I’m not going to kill the guy.  Although, I’ll tell you what, I’m going to hurt him… very, very badly.

Mom:  I cannot listen to any more of this!

Billy’s mom gets up from her seat at the table and goes walking off out of the kitchen as Billy calls after her.

Billy:  Mom… hold on a second.  Wait!!

Billy’s mom simply ignores him, as she seems to be in quite a panic as she goes rushing off out of sight.  Once she is gone, Billy turns back to his father.

Billy:  Listen pops, you cannot let her watch this match.

Dad:  How exactly do you expect me to do that?  As much as she may not want to watch your match, you know she watches each and every last one of them, no matter how many times I tell her not to.

Billy:  I don’t know, just lie to her if you have to.  Tell her the match is a different day or something like that.

Dad:  Your mother isn’t an idiot, son.  She’s not going to fall for that.  Besides, I don’t know why you’re so worried about it.  I’m the one who’s going have to put up with her hysteria, not you.  In the end it will be no different than every other one of your matches.

Billy:  Of course it will be.  You and I both know it’s going to be bad.  Even Kristen is unhappy about this match.

Kristen:  It’s true, and trust me, it takes a lot for me to get worked up over one of your son’s matches.

Billy:  Exactly.  Mom, on the other hand?  Not so much.  I mean, don’t you remember how upset mom was, and for how long, after watching Hot Stuff smash away at me with a steel chair at the end of that Iron Man match?  You told me she had a complete breakdown while you guys were watching it, and by the time I saw her a whole week later, she was still a complete mess over the whole thing.

Dad:  Yeah, that was pretty bad, wasn’t it?

Billy:  It certainly was and the truth of the matter is, as much as I hate to have to admit it, in all likelihood, despite the fact that I am going to win this match, it’s probably going to be far more bloody and brutal of a match than that one was.

Dad:  You really think so?

Kristen:  Why do you think I’ve been trying to talk him out of it?!

Dad:  In that case, I don’t even know if I want to watch this.

Billy:  Oh, who are you kidding, pops?

Billy’s dad looks back at Billy with a very stern and serious look on his face for a few seconds before eventually cracking a smile.

Dad:  Yeah alright, fine.  There’s no way I could help myself from watching this.  Besides, I’ve got all of the confidence in the world in you, son.  I’ll even be throwing some cash down on you.

Billy:  You always were a smart man, dad.  Listen, you guys sit tight, I’ll be right back.

Kristen:  Where are you going?

Billy:  Heading up to my old room.

Dad:  We’re kind of redoing things up there, you know.  It’s a bit of a mess.

Billy:  Whatever, that’s fine.  Just something I need to grab out of my closet.

Dad:  Really?  I didn’t think you still had much of anything here.

Billy:  I don’t really, but it’s my old wrestling gear.  That’s what I was wearing last time I went up against Mark, when I beat on him all throughout the streets of London and eventually walked away with the victory.  I figure it seems like as good of thing as any to wear on Sunday.

Kristen:  Assuming you can still fit in that old thing at your age.

Billy:  Oh, we’ve got a funny lady here, huh?  Laugh it up, but of the two of us, I’m the one who’s still in ring shape.

Kristen:  Yeah, but I still look quite amazing, don’t I?

Dad:  She’s got you there son?

Billy:  That’s my wife you’re looking at old man, push those eyes back into your head.

The group all shares a laugh as Billy then turns and heads upstairs to go grab his old ring gear as the scene fades.

The scene opens up a few days later as Billy has made his way back to the west coast, showing the outside shot of a television studio lot in Burbank, California.  The scene then moves inside of the studio which is revealed to be in the process of filming this evening’s episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.  As the scene moves into the studio, Leno is standing at the front of the stage and it becomes clear that the point in the filming is just after Leno’s monologue is just ending.

Leno:  We’ll be right back with wrestling superstar “Beautiful” Billy James, right after this!

With that, the director calls for the cut and then Leno moves from his spot at the stage to his seat behind his desk.  Leno grabs his cup of coffee and takes a drink, waiting until everything is set and then the director cues Leno that they are rolling once again.  Leno turns towards the camera and immediately starts with his introduction.

Leno:  My first guest for tonight is one of wrestling’s biggest stars, he’s a former 4-time World Champion and has recently made his return to the ring.  Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome “Beautiful” Billy James.

The crowd cheers as the Tonight Show Band plays a version of “Pour Some Sugar on Me” to Billy’s entrance as he comes out from the backstage area.  As Billy walks out, Leno gets up from his seat behind his desk and walks to the other side of it.  Billy walks right up to Jay and the two men shake hands before Billy takes a seat in one of the guest chairs and Jay sits back down behind his desk.

Leno:  Thanks for coming here tonight Billy.

Billy:  I’m thrilled to be here, thanks for having me Jay.

Leno:  Glad to do it, just do me a favor and don’t hit me ok?

Billy:  Just don’t make me upset and I’m sure we’ll be fine.

Billy cracks a smile as the crowd laughs in response.

Leno:  I think I can handle that.  Now as a lot of people around know, the reason you are here tonight is because of your return to the wrestling ring, but I have to ask, before we get into all of that, give us a little background about how you ended up with a wrestling career in the first place.

Billy:  Well that all goes way back, Jay.  I was a huge fan of wrestling when I was a little bid, and I was always big into athletics throughout my entire childhood. I was in all sorts of little leagues, on a whole bunch of high school teams and even played sports into college.

Leno:  Oh really, now what did you play in college?

Billy:  Well I went to school at the University of Miami, so what else is a guy to do?  I played for the Miami Hurricane’s football team.

Leno:  What position did you play in football?

Billy:  Left bench.

The crowd laughs again as Billy continues on.

Billy:  But seriously, I played linebacker.

Leno:  So you had some experience hitting people before you got into wrestling then?

Billy:  Yeah, I guess you could say that.

Leno:  Did you ever have any plans to pursue of professional football career?

Billy:  Well I was only half kidding when I said I played left bench.  The truth of the matter was I was alright, but I knew pretty early in my college days that I simply wasn’t a good enough football player to ever make it in the NFL.  So after I graduated, that seemed like that would be the end of athletics for me, but I really didn’t want it to be.  I found out about this wrestling school right in the area where I was already living from this friend of mine, so I figured while I was working part time at whatever random places would pay me and try to find my real job, it would be cool to learn how to wrestle.  I figured I could maybe wrestle in some shows and that sounded like a lot more fun way to make some money on the side while I tried to figure out what I really wanted to do then flipping burgers or waiting tables or something like that.

Leno:  I could see that.  Why wouldn’t have three hundred pound men punch you in the face over and over not seem like a great way to make some cash?

Billy:  As funny as it is, that was nowhere near the biggest problem.  The real problem was that I found out real quick that independent wrestling promoters don’t pay their wrestlers squat.  I was about as broke as can be.  I loved doing it and I got real good at it real fast, but it looked like it was all going to come to an end mighty quickly.

Leno:  So what kept that from happening?

Billy:  Once I had gotten some real match experience, the owner of the wrestling school I went to got in touch with me and told me he knew some guys who were involved in running ASFW and got me a tryout there.  At the time, that place was growing by leaps and bounds, so I was so unbelievably psyched to be getting a shot like that and I knew I had to make the most of it.

Leno:  As we all now know, that tryout must have gone pretty well.

Billy:  Yeah, I don’t know about that.  From what I heard there may have been a little bit of disagreement amongst those running the show over there whether or not they thought I was ready.  From what I heard, they ultimately decided to give me a shot figuring they didn’t want to miss out on a good thing if I ended up realizing my potential and figured worst case scenario they could send me packing after a couple of matches and nobody would ever even remember I was there.

Leno:  Sounds like a gamble that paid off quite well for them.

Billy:  Perhaps, but even more so for me than for them.  ASFW is where I got my first real shot and it’s ultimately how I went on to become the kind of worldwide celebrity that’s good enough to be the first guest on the Tonight Show.

Leno:  That’s a fair point.  No offense to you, but let’s be honest, it takes a lot for a wrestler to get this kind of booking.

Billy:  Yeah, and I didn’t even have to star in 50 B-Movies first like The Rock did.

Another round of laughs comes from the crowd as Leno quickly fires back.

Leno:  It was his riveting portrayal of the Scorpion King in Mummy Returns that really sold me.

The laughter continues as Billy responds.

Billy:  I have no doubt about that.

Leno:  So let’s continue on with your career though.  ASFW is what got you to where you are today, but it’s not necessarily where you had your most success.

Billy:  Well one led right into the other.  It was ASFW that got me my start and, ultimately, got me into GCW, which is where my career really took off.  My time there helped me become of the most well-known names of this generation in wrestling and my reputation only grew as GCW did as well.  Things got so crazy over there that by the end of it, there’s a certain wrestling company who we all know so well, that perhaps is known for their attempts to provide the “World” with a lot of their “Wrestling Entertainment”, if you know what I’m getting at…

Billy winks towards the crowd, drawing a laugh from Leno as he continues on.

Billy:  … started to become notorious for ripping off tons of our work.

Leno:  Is that really true?

Billy:  Oh, you bet it is.  I always tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and figure there’s only so many unique things that can be really done out there, so sooner or later the same people are going to be coming up with the same ideas as their competitors on occasion.  After a while though, even I couldn’t deny there were things that went well beyond the point of coincidence.

Leno:  Like what?  Can you give us any examples?

Billy:  Like everything.  It was feuds, matches, angles and even wrestling moves.  There were seriously instances where we had guys inventing new moves on our shows and then suddenly a week later, that exact move with even the same exact name, is showing up on another popular wrestling program.

Leno:  Wow, that’s tough to argue against.

Billy:  That’s what I’m saying.  The reality is that if it weren’t for the fact that we never appeared in any movies, guys like me and a number of other GCW’s biggest stars would be right on par with The Rock when it comes to our celebrity.  The truth is I was actually given some opportunities to do some acting, but I ended up deciding against it.

Leno:  Really?  That’s kind of surprising to hear.

Billy:  What, that someone would actually offer me a part in a movie?

Jay can’t help but laugh before responding.

Leno:  No, no.  I mean that you turned it down.  Why was that?

Billy:  Oh, that.  I just didn’t really feel it suited me.  Sure I could cut promos in front of a live crowd and do all of that stuff, which was great.  But sitting around and spending all of me time doing the same things over and over again, all completely scripted, while trying to pretend I’m someone or something that I’m really not?  That’s that what I’m all about, it just doesn’t work for me.  I felt that I had already gotten more than enough fame through my wrestling career.

Leno:  That you did.  Now there was another guy in GCW who had a similar track-record for worldwide fame, who when you guys were there together, you took turns being both the best of friends and worst of enemies.  Which brings us what everyone hear really wants to hear you talk about, Hot Stuff Mark Ward.

Billy:  That really is the perfect way to put it.  As much as things have changed over the years, we got along great for quite a while, whether it was in the ring or out, on the shows or backstage, or even just in our personal loves.  That obviously didn’t last though.

Leno:  Clearly not and that ultimately brings you to why you are here today.  This Sunday at the supercard of your newest employer SCW, Blaze of Glory II, you and Mark are set to face off one last time, is that right?

Billy:  That it is, and SCW is actually part-owned by Mark to top that all off.  But none of that other stuff matters at this point because we are simply trying to finally put this one to bed once and for all.  We have already had four matches one on one against each other, some of the greatest of either of our careers, but this looks like its going to put them all to shame.  The record stands at 2-2, and it’s time to finally break that tie.

Leno:  Well if you ask me, I’d say it’s more like 8-8.

Billy:  Is that so?

Leno:  Of course, why not count all of those pins from that Iron Man match you guys had?  Let’s be honest, it’s not like you find yourself getting pinned all that often, so every one has to count!

Billy:  That’s an interesting point you make there.  So I take it you’ve seen the match?

Leno:  Of course, everyone knows I’m a big wrestling fan.  I even wrestled a match once, as you may remember.

Billy:  Oh yeah, I forgot all about that.  That sure was an… interesting… situation they had going on over there, huh?

Leno:  I think it tells you how talented I really was.

Billy:  Yeah, sure.  Keep in mind, this is the same company that went on to have David Arquette as it’s World Champion.

The crowd laughs as Leno chuckles while responding.

Leno:  I guess you’ve got me there.  Either way, I’m a fan and I saw the match, so like I said, I call it 8-8.

Billy:  So be it, either way it’s all tied up and it’s time to finally break that tie once and for all.  It’s rubber match time and this one is sure to be a doozy, and hopefully put an end to this all, once and for all.

Leno:  I don’t see any way that it doesn’t.  The reality that needs to be acknowledged here is, whether you guys like it or not, or whether you even really want it to or not, it's looking very likely that there could be some gruesome violence that is sure to come with this match and there’s a risk here that could make it that this is the very last match either of you have in their careers.  

Billy:  Don’t think for a second that possibility hasn’t crossed the minds of both myself and Mark.  I’ll admit that we both probably thought we would never step into the ring together again if you asked either of us a few months ago.  I mean, look at it.  I had been retired for years and by all accounts, Mark had seen the match that he and Jordan had against Twisted Steel & Sex Appeal as his final hurrah.

Leno:  It may have seemed that way, but old habits die hard.

Billy:  You know, that’s a great title for my roleplay.

Leno:  Your what?  What are you talking about?

Billy:  Nothing.  Never mind.  Don’t worry about it.

Leno:  Fair enough.  So how exactly did this end up all coming together anyway?

Billy:  Well if you go back to a little less than a year ago, I ended up having a random encounter with a friend of Mark’s who I had met a number of times before, Nick Jones.  He was in GXW back while I was in GCW and we had a lot of crossover going on between those companies, plus he was by Mark’s side the last time we had gone through all of this mess, so I knew the guy already.  Well our chance encountered ending up yielding some very interesting results.

Leno:  It certainly did.  For those of you who don’t know the background here, Nick is not exactly none as a particularly loveable guy in the wrestling world, but Billy here was trying to help him change his ways.

Billy:  That’s one way to put it.  It ultimately ended up with Nick, who was in the process of feuding with a mutual friend of mine and Mark’s, Jordan Williams, ending up actually kind of aligning himself with Jordan and the two of them forming a bit of a friendship.  Granted, it didn’t last very long before Nick went back to his old ways and turned on Jordan, but who would have thought it would be Jordan who would have changed his ways a few months later to realign himself with Nick.  But how that all comes into play here, is it got me to become more interested in what was going on in SCW, even having me start attending some of their shows.

Leno:  Wasn’t there some sort of cruise liner they had a show on?

Billy:  Right you are, Jay.  That’s how I convinced my wife to take the trip out to the first show we went to.  It’s no surprise she wasn’t thrilled about the idea of taking a trip from our home in Miami out to Las Vegas just to go see a wrestling show.  So I turned it into a vacation, we went on the cruise and of course, showed up for the SCW show as well.  It was all great.

Leno:  Until?

Billy:  Until Nick got all pissy about something, not like I can keep track of what.

The crowd laughs as Billy continues on.

Billy:  So he saw me and for some reason, decided to take his frustrations out on me.  I’m sitting in the crowd and that big douche decides to jump me.  That kind of changed everything for me.  Now don’t get me wrong, at that point I had no intentions of making my return to wrestling.  As far as I saw it, this was simply a personal issue.  I wasn’t worried about having a match, I simply saw it as me needing to take a chance to smack Nick around a bit.  No real match, but just me beating on him, and that'd be the end of it.

Leno:  Now this is still all revolving around Nick Jones?

Billy:  Exactly.  At this point I hadn’t spoken to or seen Mark in God knows how many years.  I know Mark thinks this is all about him, but when this all started, it had nothing to do with him.  Even when I was going to SCW shows, I really had no intentions of even seeing Mark, never mind getting back into the ring with him.  But like you said, old habits die hard and after a few fist-fights between Nick and I, I found myself on the receiving end of a boot to the chin from a guy I hadn't had a moment of association with in at least 6 years.

Leno:  Ah yes, the Red Hot.  That one always looked like it hurt.  A lot.

Billy:  It certainly does, but you get used to it after you’ve been hit with it a hundred or so times.

Leno:  Really?  You do?

Billy:  No, not at all.

Billy smiles as more laughs come from the crowd.

Billy:  The kick is what got the ball rolling though.  Before you knew it, we were back at each others throats.  It was at that point that I realized that, unless I came back and got Hot Stuff back into the ring with me, this was truly never going to end.  So I went to Mark’s SCW Co-Owner, Christian Underwood, signed my contract and here we are.  

Leno:  And your return has certainly started off with a bang.

Billy:  What can I say, there was a line of people ready to step in the ring with me.  When I put my name on the dotted line, I figured it made the most sense to start things off by settling my first issue in SCW, by facing off against Nick.  I give that guy a ton of credit, the kid has a ton of talent and I can certainly see why he's a 2-time champ, but in the end, I showed that I’ve still got it.  Mark doesn’t want to admit it, but I showed him that I need to be taken seriously and I can still, to this day, step into that ring and go toe-to-toe with anyone.

Leno:  It was certainly a nice way to start things off.

Billy:  Yeah, but Mark presents a whole new challenge.  I’ve had some tough challenges to start off with, but as much as I hate the guy, Mark’s on a different level.  Nick was a tough guy to start off against and then last week I faced that big man Casey Williams.  Anyone who watched that could see he gave me a run for my money, and that’s a big boy we’re talking about there, but I was still able to come away with the win.  Those matches really helped get me back into my rhythm in a way that training just cannot do.  The reason why is that, perhaps most importantly, it got me used to again with what it's like to have to deal with dirty wrestlers who will do absolutely anything to try to pick up a victory.  It didn't work for either of them, so Mark better realize none of his cheap tactics are going to be enough to pick up a victory over me like it has for so many other wrestlers he's faced.

Leno:  Well Mark has had prior matches in SCW as well, and done quite well for himself in them.

Billy:  Absolutely.  I mentioned his match verses TSSA earlier, not to mention he had bouts facing off against top SCW stars like Spike and Kain, who are both great talents.  That said, neither of those guys knows Mark the way I know Mark.  Sure, Spike and Mark had a long history together, but he hasn’t faced in is many, and in such a variety, of matches.  Mark isn’t going to catch me off guard or do anything that I won't be ready for.  That’s always been one of Mark’s greatest talents and strengths, being able to catch his opponents by surprise and ultimately completely turn the tide of his matches in a single moment because of that, but that simply will not work against me.

Leno:  I am certainly looking forward to it.  We have to go to commercial, but don’t go anywhere, we’ve got a special surprise for you when we come back as we have more with Billy James after this!

The Tonight Show band plays the show out to commercial as Billy and Jay are seen shaking hands and talking off-microphone as it goes to commercial.  The two of them then stand up and walk off to the side stage typically used for when bands play, which already has some mats setup on the ground.  They go and stand on them as a little bit later, the director cues them being back from commercial.

Leno:  We’re back here with Billy James, and Billy you have a bit of a special surprise for is, isn’t that right?

Billy:  That I do Jay, it’s time for me to teach you all some wrestling maneuvers!

Leno:  That sounds great, but as we discussed earlier, I’m a former wrestler so I already  know the moves.

Billy:  Well then let’s consider the refresher course.

Leno:  Ok the truth is I really just know better than to let you lay your hands on me.  The last think I want is to end up the way Jerry Springer did the last time he had any professional wrestlers on his show.

Billy cannot help but laugh before responding.

Billy:  Why do people keep bringing that up to me lately?  I promise you that I won’t do anything like that.

Leno:  I believe you but just in case, you’ll be performing your little teaching less on the leader of the Tonight Show Band, Rickey Minor!

Jay points over to the side of the stage where Rickey is seen coming over from the band situation as he waves to the crowd while receiving a nice warm round of applause.  Billy and Rickey change hands as Rickey also steps onto the mats.

Billy:  Don’t worry Rickey, I won’t hurt you.  Well, not too badly at least.

The crowd laughs as Rickey takes a step back from Billy.

Billy:  Nah, considering yourself lucky that you’re not that annoying bald idiot who runs the band for the old man’s show Jay is going up against.

While the crowd laughs, Jay seems somewhat uncomfortable with the topic, but tries to play along anyway.

Leno:  Why’s that?

Billy:  Isn’t it obvious?  For starters, he would be Paul Shaffer, which by itself would be awful, but secondly, I would be more than happy to be a beating on that obnoxiously irritating moron.  I can’t believe that guy still has a job.

Billy seems about ready to continue on, but Jay is quick to cut him off.

Leno:  How about we move on with the lesson, ok Billy?

Billy:  Ah, touchy subject, huh?  My bad.  Yeah, I guess the only thing worse than talking about your competition would be bringing that whole Conan O’Brien thing, huh?

There is a very slight bit of a laughter from the crowd as Rickey looks uncomfortable standing there and Jay glares at Billy with a rather annoyed look on his face.

Billy:  Come on, it was a joke Jay, lighten up.  Anyway, let's get this going.  Here are just a few basic holds that absolutely anyone can do at a moment’s notice.

With that, Billy lightly puts a hammerlock on Rickey for a few seconds before letting him go.  Billy then lightly wrenches an arm-wringer before letting go of that as well, as Rickey shakes off his arm a bit.

Billy:  See?  Didn’t even take him off of his feet.  Now those are some simple moves, but it can do the trick and most importantly, are easy things to counter into when someone goes wildly swinging at you.  Now with that said, a big part of being able to have success in the wrestling ring is also having a sort of sixth-sense and being able to understand where your opponent is at all times.  In professional wrestling, people will take every opportunity they can to get you from behind and take advantage, so you have to be ready for it.

As Billy is saying this, Rickey is standing a bit off to the side and puts his finger up to leaps as he signals towards the crowd to be quiet.  Then, slowly but surely, Rickey gets closer up behind Billy as Billy continues on.

Billy:  You have to be ready for anything.  You absolutely never know when someone will strike.  The moment you expect it to happen the least is the same moment it’s most likely to happen.

Just as Billy says that, Rickey Minor grabs Billy from behind in a waistlock.  However, before Rickey can do anything else, Billy reaches behind him, grabbing Rickey and hiptosses him right over and down onto the mat they are stand on top of.  Billy then looks back at Leno with a smile on his face.

Billy:  See what I mean?  Here, let me help you up.

Billy reaches down and grabs Rickey by the hand, pulling him back up to his feet.

Rickey:  Thank you.

Rickey then quickly moves in and tries to get in a cheap shot, using the fact that he already has Billy by the hand as an opportunity to pull him in as he tries to swing at him.  However, Billy is quick to react as he deflects the attack, grabs Rickey’s arm in the process and quickly cranks on an armlock.  Billy then holds Rickey there with only one hand as he turns back to Leno to he continue on his conversation.

Billy:  Some people never learn do they?

Leno:  I’ve got to try that next time he’s getting out of line.

Billy laughs and then let’s go of Rickey, at which point Rickey tumbles down to the mat and grabs his arm in pain.  Billy then turns back to Jay who outstretches his hand and the two men shakes hands.

Leno:  Thanks so much for coming tonight and for your educational demonstration.  Best of luck in your match on Sunday.

Billy:  Thanks Jay, I appreciate it.  And thanks for having me.

Leno:  Ladies and gentlemen, “Beautiful” Billy James!  You can catch him this Sunday at the Gold Coast Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada or watch SCW’s Blaze of Glory II streaming live.  We’ll be right back!

The band, minus Rickey, plays the show out to commercial as Billy and Jay shake hands one more time as the show goes out to commercial and the scene fades.

The scene opens back up inside the lobby of the Gold Cost Casino, sight of SCW Blaze of Glory II, in the area by the hotel check-in.  A moment later, Billy and Kristen come walking into the area with their bags and are about to go check in, when Billy suddenly stops in his tracks and seems shocked at what he sees off-camera.

Billy:  Wow, you have got to be kidding me.  I never thought I would see this day.  Look at this group of old-timers.

The camera pans over to show, seated in a little sitting area setup in the lobby on a couple of couches are a number of familiar faces to Billy, as they are three of the seven former Co-Owners of GCW; Mike Johnson, Craig Suchodolski and the father to Billy’s greatest foe, Mark Ward, Sr.  As the group sees Billy approach them, they all get up from their seats to great Billy.  They all begin to speak to one another as they shake hands.

Billy:  Hey guys, it’s crazy seeing you here.

Mike:  How could we miss this?  We’ve been there for the feud between you and Hot Stuff from the very beginning.  Obviously Mark was going to be here for this, so me and Craig decided to join him.

Mark Sr:  It’s true, we’ve been watching everything for years and years between you two.  Obviously I had to come check out my son, but I would have wanted to see this match regardless.

Craig:  Yeah, yeah… I’m with them one everything they said about the match.  But Kristen, I see you are looking as lovely as ever.

Kristen:  Aw, thanks Craig.

Craig and Kristen go to shake hands, at which point Craig pulls her hand in and kisses it.  Billy grabs Kristen by the arm, pulling on it and taking her hand away from Craig’s grip in the process as Billy scowls at Craig, who simply reacts with a huge smile in Billy’s direction.

Billy:  Watch it, buddy.  Remember, you can’t fire me anymore.

Craig:  Point well taken.  But being serious, this match really should be something else.  I’m pumped for it.

Billy:  Well I appreciate that guys.  Although I’ve really got to ask, who are you all rooting for?  It’s ok, you can be honest with me, I won’t take it personally.  I can’t promise Hot Stuff will be as forgiving if word travels over to him, but that’s a whole different story.  You can be honest with me Papa Ward, deep down you’re really rooting for me, aren’t you?

The group chuckles before Mark Sr starts to respond, as he is laying on the sarcasm very thick.

Mark Sr:  That’s a tough one.  I really have to think it over.  Although I guess I would have to say, as tough as this would be for you to believe, I’m going to have to go with Mark on this one.  You know, that whole thing about being my son just ever so slightly tips the scales in his favor with me.

Billy:  Oh, I see how it is.  Going to make a big deal about that whole “family” thing, huh?  Geez, what’s this guys problem?

Billy turns to Mike and Craig as he says that, who simply roll their eyes and laugh at Billy.

Billy:  So what about you two?  You’re on my side, right?

Craig:  Actually, I’ve got to admit, I’m rooting for you this time around?

Billy gets a look of complete shock on his face.

Billy:  You’re kidding me, right?

Craig:  What?  It’s not like I ever got along so great with junior.

Mark Sr:  Don’t call him that.

Craig:  Whatever.

Craig rolls his eyes at Mark before continuing.

Craig:  It’s true though.  He and I were never really on the same side.  Sure, in the old days when it was the Perfection Connection verses the Corporation I enjoyed watching you two at each other’s throats and some of the benefits we got out of situation, but he never really did anything with the intention of being to help us out.  He was just as much of a thorn in my side as you were.

Billy:  Ok fine, then why are you rooting for me?

Craig:  Just to piss off my old buddy Mark here more than anything.

Billy:  Ah ok, that sounds like the Craig I remember.  It’s all making sense now.

Craig gets a mischievous smile on his face as he simply innocently shrugs at Billy while Mark shakes his head in Craig’s direction.

Billy:  So what about you, Mikey?

Mike:  I’m actually with Jordan on this one.  It seems so ridiculous that this is still going on.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the match will be great and I’m going to enjoy every last second of it, but I’m not taking sides on this one.  Just going to sit back, enjoy a hard fought match and may the best man win.

Billy:  Yeah, yeah.  I hear that nonsense enough from Jordan already.  You’re just too scared to take a side, I get it.

Mike:  You keep it up and you might convince me to start rooting for Hot Stuff.

Billy:  Alright fine, stick with your middle ground position then.

Kristen:  So just to recap here, what you’re all saying is that Mark is siding with Hot Stuff, Craig with Billy and Mike with Jordan.  Is that about right?

Mike:  Pretty much, yeah.

Kristen:  That doesn’t strike anyone else as funny?

Craig:  No, why would it?

Mark Sr:  Yeah, it seems to make perfect sense to me.

Kristen:  I suppose that it does.

The five of them all stop and quietly stare at each other for a moment before sharing a quick laugh and continuing on.

Billy:  Well I have to say, it’s good to see you guys.  You were there for the start so it makes sense for you to be there for the end of it all.

Mike:  Especially this guy, considering he started it all.

Mike points over in Craig’s direction.

Mark Sr:  He’s got you there, Craig.

Billy:  He really did, didn’t he?

Craig tries to look innocent as he shrugs at the grou

Offline Billy James

• View Profile
    • "Beautiful" Billy James
Old Habits Die Hard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
 Craig:  What do you want me to say?  Not even I thought this whole thing would turn out the way it did.  I would apologize, but let’s be honest, considering that what happened was pretty much exactly what I was trying to do, I really did a rather fantastic job, didn’t I?  I wanted to disrupt the unity and friendship of your little PC faction and that’s exactly what happened.  I’ll tell you the truth though, even when it got as bad as it did, I never in a million years thought that it would last this long.  This is insane.  Besides, while that first match I booked may have been what triggered all of this, I can’t exactly be held responsible for how this guy’s son reacted to it all, now can I?

Billy:  I will give you that, that you most certainly cannot.  That’s the whole reason I’m not really going to hold it against you and that I haven’t already slapped the taste out of your mouth.

Craig:  Aw, what a sweetheart.

Billy:  I try.  Truth be told, maybe I should thank you for helping me to see Hot Stuff’s true colors.

Craig:  You’re kidding me.  Even I’m not so sure about that one.

The entire group lets out a laugh at that comment.

Billy:  Yeah ok, maybe not.  Well listen, I’ve got to go run.  Maybe I’ll catch up with you guys later, enjoy the match, alright?

The group all say their goodbyes to one another as Billy and Kristen go to check in as the scene fades.

The scene opens up inside the hall of the Gold Coast which has now been setup for Blaze of Glory II, including SCW’s set, stage and ring.  As the fans are all starting to pile into their seats, about ready for the show to get started, suddenly the PA system comes alive as “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard, drawing a massive amount of cheers from throughout the crowd in attendance.  A moment later, dressed in a suit and wearing his sunglasses, comes out through the curtain is “Beautiful” Billy James.  Billy makes his way down the ramp before then hopping up onto the apron and over the top rope into the ring.  Billy then walks over towards the other side of the ring and has one of the crew members toss a microphone into him.  Billy then pulls off his sunglasses and shoves them into his suit jacket pocket as he waits for the music to stop and crowd to quiet down.  As it finally settles down, Billy pulls the microphone up to his mouth.

Billy:  Hello Gold Coast Casino!

The crowd bursts into cheers as a big smile comes across Billy’s face.

Billy:  Ah, the cheap pop.  I always wanted to do that.

The crowd cheers even more as Billy cannot help but laugh at the reaction.

Billy:  Here we are, the moments are now just ticking away.  In a few more hours it will be, for the very last time, Mark and I back in this ring together.  The ropes will be gone, the barbed wire will be up, and we will finally put this all to an end.  Hot Stuff Mark Ward verses “Beautiful” Billy James Part Five.  The score is 2 to 2, or 8 to 8 depending on how you want to tally it all up, but the point is, we’ve both had more than enough opportunities to show that each of us is capable of taking the other one down, so this is the last chance, this is the rubber match.  When this night is over, you will all truly know who the better man is.

More cheers come from the crowd as Billy simply smiles and nods along.

Billy:  Now let’s take a look back at some of the things Mark was running his mouth about last week.  I got to hear him carry on, talking about my so-called “old ball and chain”.  As if I should somehow feel embarrassed for the fact that there’s actually someone on this planet who wanted to marry me.  Sorry Mark, but unlike you, I’m not so inadequate that he keeps needing to run around to new women all the time, as nobody can or wants to be bothered putting up with you for any extended period of time.  And to be clear, yes, I am saying inadequate both as a boyfriend and apparently as a lover.  Word travels fast and a lot of your exes have had plenty of not-so-great things to say about you to anyone who would listen.  I, on the other hand, have nothing to be ashamed of.  Let’s not forget, back in the GCW, it was me and that very same lady of mine who were notorious for doing some things that were way too x-rated to be aired on TV, all throughout every backstage area in each of GCW's countless venues.

That comment gets a round of hoots and hollers from the crowd, drawing a laugh from Billy as he continues on.

Billy:  You see Mark, unlike you, I don't need a group of people around to help satisfy my lady, I'm more than capable of handling that task all by myself.  You can ramble on all you want about how great you think you are, and how much better you supposedly believe yourself to be than me, but you and I both know that I have beaten you more times than anyone else in this entire industry, at least once your career actually started to mean something.  You can try to pretend like it means nothing but if that were really the case, you wouldn’t be so desperate to try to convince everyone how much better than should think you are than me.  The problem is, until you can actual prove anything to back up those words, it won’t mean anything to anyone.  Let’s not forget, back when I first met you, you were some second-rate gimmicky chump who was wrestling in mud matches.  You seriously want to talk about me supposedly always being in your shadow?  What a joke, I was already a twice-undefeated World Champion before you became anything to anyone in this industry.  

The crowd cheers again as Billy continues on.

Billy:  You were handed your career on a silver platter thanks to your old man and you still weren't able to do anything with it in the beginning.  You may not be able to admit it Hot Stuff, but I helped make you into the star that you became.  Back in those days, the Perfection Connection was mine and Jordan's baby, and you being allowed in was what finally legitimized your career.  The fact is that I had been long-since established as one of the best in the company, in the entire wrestling world, but every time you and I stepped into that ring together, it only pushed you to become better and better.  Don’t get me wrong, I know better than to think you can come to grips with that fact.  I would never expect you to be able to admit it, but while you can hate me all you want, you would not be what you finally became if not for me.  The truth is, it was our feuds that pushed you to that superstar status which you finally reached and, considering that you and Jordan were never going to end up going at it, who else do you think you could have stepped into the ring with that would have had that kind of impact on your career?

Billy turns toward the camera and looks deep into it.

Billy:  The answer is, there is absolutely no one else.  The truth of the matter is, I never needed you Mark, the only one who believes that is your own demented mind.  Let me remind you, that you're looking at the man, back before you were anything to anyone, who was already the very last World Heavyweight Champion and the very first World Heavyweight Champion of two of the biggest wrestling companies that have ever been seen, never losing either one of those titles either.  I was already seen as the top star in any wrestling company out there and in those days, a match against you would have been well beneath me.  While, in the end, our feud may have turned out to be one of the biggest, most well-remembered things in all of wrestling during our days in GCW, it was never anything I needed to make a name for myself.  The difference is, you cannot say the same.  Long before you mattered to anyone, I was stepping into that ring and defeating the likes of Damien Diamond, James Paige, Miami Hurricane;   all while little Hot Stuff and his SCW Co-Owner Christian were busy rolling around in the mud together.

The crowd burst into cheers as Billy smiles widely.

Billy:  Hate to break it to you Marky, but you have a whooooole lot of people you need to thank for you being what you became.  You never would have made it into ASFW nor GCW, if not for your father and who he already was to this industry.  You never would have gotten the training if you did if not for that connection either.  And even you know that you never would have developed the wrestling ability that you did if not for being trained as someone as amazingly talented as our good friend Jordan.  Nobody ever would have taken you at all serious as a wrestling talent if not for you finally showing people you could actually keep your clothes on and stay inside of a ring against a real competitor, back when you faced off against the great Austin Parker.  Yet, in the end, none of that was quite enough was it?  You had your success, even made your way up to the level of World Champion, but never quite figured out how to take that one extra step.  In the end, you were seen as just another member of the stable that Jordan and I created, made famous, and led.  Then, we stepped in that ring together, I beat you, and you threw your little hissy fit on the level of a 4-year-old girl.

The crowd laughs as Billy continues on.

Billy:  It wasn't until that infamous 90-minute iron man match that people finally saw you for what you had the ability to be.  Then what did you do?  You turned around and retired, because you didn't have what it took to keep going after that match.  You may have won it, but it took absolutely everything you had in you to be able to pull that off, and you couldn’t hang in the ring anymore.  The only reason anyone still cared about old Hot Stuff after all of your time off is because you came back being remembered for one thing and one thing alone, that 90-minute match.  That’s what you were famous for, that’s what made you the star that you became.  Do you really think I need to thank someone for forcing us into a match together?  Craig isn’t the one that turned you into the back-stabbing, sorry, pathetic sore-loser that you became after that match.  If we want to talk about who owes thanks to backstage talents, then maybe we should point to the fact that you would literally be absolutely nothing if not for the fact that you had your daddy pulling strings for you the whole time.  You were born with the silver spoon in your mouth and you still couldn't get the job done, and take advantage of everything that was handed to you, until I finally pushed you to your limits, and got you the kind of worldwide recognition that old Mark Senior tried so hard to give to you for all of those years and that you simply couldn't hang onto.

Billy starts to pace back and forth around the ring as he continues on.

Billy:  You can ramble on endlessly about how I am allegedly so obsessed with you and that's why I’m back in wrestling, that it’s why I’m here in SCW, but that's not reality.  When I first started to show up, my beef was with then-champion Nick Jones, plain and simple.  You are the one who, the second you saw me, couldn't get over your obsession with me.  The reality of the situation is that you still can't get over the fact that, the first time you and I stepped in the ring together, I came out as the victor.  Over 10 years later, it still eats away at you, doesn’t it?  I was busy dealing with my issues with Nick and it was you, Mark, being the coward that you are, that took it upon yourself to get involved in a fight between Nick and myself.  You are the one who came out of nowhere, while security was busy pulling us apart, and snuck in your little Red Hot.  I know you wanted to run and hide from me after that, thinking you could get your little shot in and then hide underneath your desk in that little office of yours, thinking your suit would keep you safe, but that wasn't going to happen.

Billy stops, look into the camera and shakes his head no.

Billy:  You opened up this can of worms Mark, because you can't handle the fact that every time any wrestling fans worldwide see me, they know beyond doubt, despite you endlessly saying otherwise, I am the one guy in this business who you have never been able to prove yourself to be better than.  It haunts your dreams, it has for years.  You may have been able to get away from that after years of us not seeing each other, but all it took is one time of seeing me before you again and all of those nightmares came rushing back to you, didn't they?  All you could think about was that, when push came to shove, you just weren't good enough to do to me what you had done to so many others.  Make all of the excuses you want as to why that is, but if you were so much better than me as you thought, or at least claim to think, then there would be no reason I've been the one guy throughout your entire career who you have been unable to ultimately prove yourself to be superior to.  

Billy continues to pace the ring again as he speaks.

Billy:  Well, the world can see that you wanted the opportunity to try to prove exactly that, and now you've got it.  You thought you could lay me out, run away with your hands in victory and think that somehow made you the better wrestler, but you and I both know that means absolutely nothing.  Being a cheap-shot artist counts for nothing, it doesn't make you better, it just proves to everyone else what I’ve already known about you for a long time, and that’s that you're scared.  Don’t get me wrong, I don't blame you for being scared, because you realize for one of the very few times in your career, you have absolutely no idea whether or not you can win this one.  You knew you couldn't refuse to make it happen, because you're so desperate to try to prove you're better than me, but deep down you know it nags at you that part of what makes it so difficult to prove, is because not even you are sure if you're any better.  Well when this one is over I will prove that the story was really told from that very first match.  This will all end the very same way it began, with my arms raised in victory.  For one last time Mark, you will be reminded that when you mess with this beauty, he’s gonna whoop your booty.

Billy drops the microphone as “Pour Some Sugar on Me” plays once again.  Billy puts his sunglasses back on and then goes over to the ropes and rolls backwards over the top rope and drops to the floor.  Billy then makes his was up the ramp, slapping the outstretched hands of the fans along the way as he heads to the back and the scene fades to black.