Author Topic: Kiss your title goodbye!  (Read 865 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
Kiss your title goodbye!
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
 Week one of the Supercard promo period for Blaze of Glory II had passed and neither Alexis nor Faith had taped a promo for the match, now that Jessie was coming of a much closer defeat than her last match with Misty in the second round of the Super J Cup Jessie was now more motivated than ever to win the first single’s title of her career.

Grand Lux Café, Las Vegas, Nevada
February 25th, 2013, 7:00pm

I’ll get another shot at Misty and I will beat her, but for now I have more personal stuff to deal with.

My plane from Nova Scotia to Las Vegas arrived this morning and as Jake promised he was waiting for me and Katie at the airport, once I had packed my stuff I chilled for a couple of hours before Jake reminded me of my blind date and subsequently drove me to the agreed upon place where I would meet him, only problem? That was two hours ago and I had already finished my meal, guess who hasn’t shown up?

If you guessed my date then you’re correct, and to be honest this is annoying the hell out of me and Jake especially following my loss to Misty at the Super J Cup has me in a bad mood already! Jake was sitting at a table near mine as he glanced at the clock before turning his attention back to me.

“Jess, it’s been two hours already.” Jake said as he glanced at me, the café was a nice small place and the food was pretty good as well, that and the prices as well. “Are you sure you want to wait?”

“I waited months to get another shot at beating Misty.” I answered as I took a sip from my coke. “I think I can handle waiting for a tardy date.”

“Your persistent, I’ll give you that.” Jake said as he shook his head. “I’m going to give Drake a call, maybe his brother is stuck in traffic or something.”

“I’d say “for two hours?!” but since I grew up in Miami I’m used to that kind of traffic.” I responded getting a laugh out of Jake as he left the café to call his old army buddy, I sighed as I shook my head wondering what was taking him so long. “The traffic isn’t that bad, hell it took us only a few minutes to get from the airport to the hotel.” I thought to myself as I glanced at the clock.

“Err, ma’am?” I looked up and saw the teenaged waiter who had been serving me since I got here. “I know your waiting for your date but the café’s about to close, you need to leave.”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me!” I grunted in annoyance before leaving a pair of ten dollar bills on the table to pay for my meal and the drinks I had. “Keep the change.” I told him before I left the café, I found Jake waiting for me outside and I frowned. “Jake, the café’s about to close for the night and there’s no sign of him! Where the hell is he?”

“That was what I was about to tell you actually.” Jake said as he pocketed the Cell-Phone. “He changed his mind at the last minute; apparently he doesn’t want to go on the road with a potential girlfriend.”

“WHAT? Why the hell didn’t he call me before I left? It’s not like I don’t have his phone number for fuck’s sake!” I demanded and Jake just shook his head.

“I don’t know, his cell-phone’s battery died out before I could ask him.” Jake shrugged his shoulders and I groaned. “There’s even worse news though, what time did you schedule your promo time for again?” Jake asked and I blinked before checking my planner on my phone.

“7:00, why do you……” I trailed off before it hit me. “OH SHIT!” I yelled out whilst ignoring the looks I was getting from passers-by, not counting SCW Fans and perverts checking out my ass off course, before quickly hopping into Jake’s car and waiting for him to drive me back to the hotel, he hopped in the driver’s seat and sped off. “Great, first I lose to Misty again and now this bullshit happens!”

“If it makes you feel any better I’ll call him later so I can get his answer.” Jake reassured me as he drove the car. “But still, you could see this as a good thing.”

“Getting stood up on my first date ever is a good thing?!” I pointed out and Jake shook his head.

“Well, it’s not, I agree with you there.” Jake responded with a shrug. “But still, you gotta admit most people would be reluctant to date someone with your profession.”

“Yeah, I know.” I agreed as I folded my arms. “What are you getting at exactly?”

“Did you ever consider dating someone in SCW?” Jake asked and I frowned. “Yeah, yeah, I know, Ryan Kidd was taken and even if he wasn’t he disappeared after his second match with the company and most of the roster is too clean cut for your tastes but you gotta admit, what other options do you have?”

“Dating sites that I joined in a vain attempt to meet someone that way?” I asked and Jake shook his head. “I’m almost wishing that I had stayed with that fed I joined after I graduated from wrestling school, at least I was close to some of the other graduates.”

“And you’d be making barely enough money to stay in the hotel.” Jake pointed out and I frowned once I realized that he had a point. “And it wasn’t even that good a hotel either, I may not have been on the road with you and Katie at the time but that didn’t mean that she wasn’t in contact with me, Craig, Johnny or your parents, you made the right decision when you got out of that fed when you did.”

“Yeash, now you’re starting to sound like Katie.” I responded as I shook my head and Jake frowned.

“Yeah well, I can’t help it if I’m a little overprotective; I was the one who discovered you overdosed on drugs before you were sent off to rehab.” Jake responded and I tensed up at that memory, that wasn’t exactly a fun time. “I’m sorry; I know that’s a touchy subject for you.”

“Gee, you think?!” I pointed out before shaking my head. “Ah fuck it! At least you didn’t say it on camera like Katie did!”

“That’s true.” Jake agreed as he pulled up the car. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you about the promos from Alexis and Faith.”

“Oh yeah, I was wondering when you’d bring them up.” I responded as we entered the hotel lobby and headed straight to the elevator. “So what did they have to say?”

“They said nothing.” Jake responded and I gave him an odd look as he pressed the button that would take us to the floor where the room that we were sharing was. “I was watching the promo feed all week long when I wasn’t setting up that date for you and neither Faith nor Alexis said anything.”

“Didn’t you say that Alexis was silent during the lead up to last week’s match?” I asked and Jake nodded. “Well if she wants to lose her title that badly I’ll happily comply when I pin her for the title, sucks though because I have no new material for my promo.” I responded as Jake hit the button for our floor and the elevator took us up.

“Yeah that sucks but a promo’s a promo I guess.“ Jake shrugged his shoulders and I frowned as the doors opened on our floor, we stepped out and started walking to the hotel room. “Besides you can use your loss to Misty at the Super J cup to motivate you to do better and being stood up as a way to take out your frustration on them like you did to Misty in your second promo against her.”

“That’s true, at least I’m guaranteed to have better results.” I agreed as Jake reached our room and unlocked the door; once it was open we entered the room where Katie and the cameracrew where waiting, our room was fairly large, large enough for three people at least, and we had a small kitchen in it. “Sorry for the wait but the date ran longer than expected.”

“It must’ve been a successful one.” Katie responded and I shook my head.

“Actually it didn’t happen.” Jake answered for me earning ourselves a confused look from Katie. “He changed his mind at the last minute; to make matters worse he didn’t bother to tell us until we spent two hours at the café.”

“Ah, I’m sorry to hear that Jess.” Katie apologized to me and I shook my head. “Well, the cameramen are waiting so feel free to start trash talking; I’m off to see if I can find you a free dating site.” Katie added before leaving the room presumably to use the internet café that the hotel had, frankly I was surprised that those things still existed.

“And since I never got a chance to eat I’m going to make myself something to eat.” Jake said before walking over to the kitchen. “Don’t mind me; just call me a funny background event or something along those lines.” Jake added and I shook my head before turning my attention to the cameramen.

“My time in the Super J Cup has come to an end as I was eliminated by Misty, however I was much closer to beating her this time then I was last week and rest assured that if Misty enters herself in another NWA Tournament in the near future I won’t be far behind!” I started as I shook my head. “I guess I should start talking about my opponents at Blaze of Glory II but there’s just one thing, they haven’t said anything at all!”

Still, I can still trash talk them!

“First up is, off course, Alexis Morrison, guess it makes sense for me to start with the woman I have history with and is the current reigning SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion but trust me, she won’t be champion for long! In fact you can practically count her time as champion and the countdown to when she loses the title in seconds!”

“Jess, I think you stretching things a bit.” Jake pointed out as he searched through the fridge to find him something to eat.

“Who, me, give me a break Jake, I’m just trash talking!” I responded as I shook my head.  Okay, maybe I am stretching things a bit but considering that neither her nor Faith have bothered to tape a promo since my last promo last week can you really blame me? Don’t answer that, Alexis when we first fought way back in our debut match I was this close to beating you, this time I will correct that!”

Next up is Faith!

“As for Faith, like I said she and I haven’t fought before this match and, obviously, this’ll be our first match together! Like I said last week I am looking forward to this match and I’m looking forward to fighting Faith for the first time! But I will not be defeated for the second time in a row! I may have lost to Misty at the Super J Cup Tournament but I never let that stop me before!”

“Except for the time when you lost to Misty, she did almost end your career!” Jake chimed in and I glared at him.

“Not helping Jake!” I responded and he shrugged his shoulders as he prepared to cook himself some food. “What are you making anyway?”

“I’m making Steak and chips!” Jake responded as he searched through the cupboards. “I know Katie brought some seasoning, where is it?” Jake muttered under his breath and I shook my head before deciding to focus on Faith again.

“Anyway Faith, you may have pinned Alexis in your match against her last week but don’t forget, you only pinned her after Amy had already taken her out, that won’t happen again as I will be the one to pin Alexis to the matt and get on top of her.”

“Err, Jessie…..” Jake trailed off and I blushed furiously when I realized what I had just said.

“Great, first you make an innuendo in regards to Faith and now it’s my turn!” I grunted in annoyance before shaking my head. “That doesn’t matter anyway! Not a lot of people may see it but I’m one of the younger bombshells who will form the basis for the future of the SCW Bombshell division and that will start with the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship this Sunday at Blaze of Glory II!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Faith, Alexis, you didn’t say anything at all and that’s too bad because I intend to win the first single’s title of my career, the fact that the two of you have said nothing all week whilst I was up in Nova Scotia for the Super J Cup pretty much tells everything I can expect from this match! Disappointing opponents and my first ever single’s title win, this is SCW’s Heavy Metal Bombshell Jessie Salco reminding the SCW Universe to make it metal and Alexis and Faith to kiss their hopes of a title reign goodbye!”

I turned to Jake as he served up his food.

“I’m off to see if Katie’s had any success.” I said as I stood up. “See you in a bit.”

“See you.” Jake responded and I left the room as the scene fades.