Author Topic: The More Things Change...  (Read 859 times)

Offline Billy James

• View Profile
    • "Beautiful" Billy James
The More Things Change...
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:10:09 PM »
 The scene opens up backstage at the Boys and Girls Club in Carson City, Nevada, sometime during this past week's edition of Climax Control.  Walking through the hallway is one of SCW's newest superstars, "Beautiful" Billy James.  As Billy walks around, he eventually comes up to one door in the backstage area and stops before it.  Billy has a quick knock on the door and a moment later the door opens to find someone that Billy would not be expected to be seeking out, Synn.  Synn looks Billy up and down rather inquisitively before speaking.

Synn:  Can I help you with something?

Billy:  Hey Synn, how's it going?  Funny thing, while we've spent a lot of time around some of the same people, I don't think we've ever been formally introduced.

Billy extends his hand out for a handshake, but Synn simply looks down at Billy's outstretched hand and back up at him without saying a word, still looking as if he seems a bit unsure about the situation.  Billy slowly pulls his hand away.

Synn:  Again I ask, can I help you with something?

Billy:  Ok then.... is Shane here?

The expression on Synn's face change as the situation now seems to make a bit more sense to him.  Synn nods reassuringly as he responds.

Synn:  Hold on one second.

Next steps back inside of what is apparently the locker room of the Seven Deadly Sins, closing the door behind him.  Billy stands outside the door, tapping his foot as he waits until suddenly the door opens back up and standing on the other side is Shane Boswell.  Upon seeing Billy a smile comes across Shane's face.

Shane:  Hey Billy!  How's it going man?

Shane steps out of the locker room and the two men share a quick handshake before embracing in a hug before both stepping back.

Billy:  Good man, how have you been?

Shane:  Not too bad, you know how it is around here.

Billy:  That I do.  Speaking of which, thanks again for your help the other week during my match with Nick Jones.

Shane:  Not a problem man, glad to help out.

As Shane responds, he notices Billy has been giving him a bit of a peculiar look this entire time, which finally catches Shane's attention and seems to make him a little uneasy.

Shane:  What's with that look?

Billy doesn't respond, but instead look at Shane even more intently.  Billy then suddenly raises his hand and starts to slowly waive it back in forth in front of Shane's face before Shane eventually slaps it away.

Shane:  Seriously man, what is wrong with you?

Billy looks at Shane for a few more moments, tapping his chin for a moment, before quietly mumbling, seeming to mostly be talking to himself as opposed to Shane.

Billy:  I can't believe it.  Jordan was actually right?

It seems Shane's frustration is beginning to mount as he quickly snaps back at Billy.

Shane:  Right about what?!?

Billy speaks up this time, clearly addressing Shane directly.

Billy:  You're sober, aren't you?

Shane cannot help but laugh as he suddenly realizes what this is all about.  He eventually manages to respond through his laughter.

Shane:  I most certainly am.

Billy:  Wow, never thought I would see the day.

Shane:  I have been sober a time or two before you know.

Billy:  Not that I have ever seen.

Shane:  That's because every time you see me I'm around that idiot cousin of mine.

Billy:  Ah, so he's the problem, is that it?

Shane:  I can't exactly blame it all on him, but he's certainly not the greatest of influences either.  I will say it is nice to get a break from all of those antics every now and then.

Billy:  I wouldn't get too comfortable about that.

Shane:  What is that supposed to mean?

Billy:  Don't worry about it.  Anyway, back to the reason I'm here.

Shane:  Right... what's up?

Billy:  As you may or may not have heard, I've got a match coming up at Blaze of Glory II.

Shane chuckles and scratches his chin for a moment, acting as though he is thinking it over before responding.

Shane:  You know, I think I may have heard a thing or two about that.

Billy:  Oh ok, I wasn't sure.  You know, it's know big deal or another, just like any other match.

Shane:  I'm not so sure the SCW staff would agree with that one.

Billy:  I suppose at least one of them might be taking it a little bit seriously.

Shane:  Well yeah, but that's not what I was talking about.  Rumor has it you and ole Hot Stuff are going to be headlining.

A look of shock comes across Billy's face.

Billy:  You're kidding me, right?

Shane:  No joke man, that's what they're saying.

Billy:  Wow, did not expect that.  That's kind of crazy.

Shane:  That it is.  So you really better make sure now you don't get embarrassed out there.

Billy:  Which brings me back to why I'm here.

Shane:  Right, the match.

Billy:  Yeah, and as I'm sure you heard, Jordan wants no part in any of this.  As it is he's tried to keep the match from even happening.

Shane:  Yeah, talk about your futile efforts.

Billy:  You're not kidding.  So anyway, it's been a while for me so I've been working extra hard to get back into ring shape, so I need a training partner.  Jordan's been working with me the past few weeks, but that's not going to happen anymore with my next match being up against Mark.  So I was wondering if you'd be up for helping me out.

Shane:  I'm not exactly an active wrestler myself these days.

Billy:  Maybe not, but I know you.  You look to be in fine ring shape and you've been hanging around the business for all these years, while I was completely gone.  Plus I'm sure you've been helping out some of the guys in Seven Deadly Sins by working with them, right?

Shane:  Yeah, of course.

Billy:  Those guys sure seem to be doing well for themselves with your help.  Plus who else am I going to go to?  I think you and Jordan may be the only guys in this company who know me and would have any interest in helping out.  Mark and Nick aren't exactly my best of friends and while I've got no particular issues with them, guys like Spike and Tom could care less about me I'm sure.

Shane:  Fair enough.  Yeah sure, I'd be glad to help.  Give me a call later in the week and we'll meet up, alright?

Billy:  Sounds good.  Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Shane:  No problem man... anytime.

Shane and Billy give a quick handshake and back slap before Shane walks back into the locker room and Billy heads on down the hall as the scene cuts away.

The scene fades back in to a few days later, inside of a small gym which has a wrestling ring placed right in the center of it.  It appears that the action has already been missed, as inside of the ring, both Billy James and Shane Boswell are seen and furthermore, all laid out across the mat, both looking exhausted and much worse for wear.  After a few moments of both men laying there and trying to catch their breath, Billy props himself up on his elbows, causing his upper body to barely be lifted up off of the mat as he looks over to Shane.

Billy:  You know what?  I liked it a lot better last week when it was me and Jordan.

Shane tries to sit up, but after a slight effort that leads to a failed attempt, he then instead opts to roll over into his stomach, making it far easier to look back at Billy.

Shane:  Yeah, I liked it better too.  That’s probably because I wasn’t here.  What makes you like it so much better?

Billy:  Simple really.  With Jordan, he and I spent the entire time reversing each other and countering moves.  We were flipping and flying around all over the place, but neither of us really landed much of a move to speak of.  You know, as opposed to the two of us spending the past twenty minutes beating the living crap out of each other.  It was a good workout and it hurt a lot less.  So like I said, I liked it a lot better.

Shane:  Yeah?  Well too late for that now.  I also liked it a lot better when the people I were helping to train was a kid more interesting in playing with his teddy bear than fighting me and a freakin’ magician.

Billy:  Really?  Those two hardly strike me as the most calm of in-ring competitors.  They’re certainly no joke as far as wrestling talent goes.

Shane:  I’m not arguing with you there, trust me.  I’m just saying, those two were at least nice enough to not beat away on me the entire time.

Billy:  Hey, you were the first one to throw that stiff right hand.

Shane:  It was right after you had cracked me in the back of the head with that kick!

Billy:  It wasn’t on purpose, you leaned into you idiot.

Shane:  Me?  Maybe if you had trained at all in the past 8 years you’d remember how to ease off a bit when swinging those legs around.

Billy:  Oh shut up, you’re fine.  Man up already.

Shane:  Whatever you say old-timer.

At that point, Shane waves his arms at Billy, dismissing his comments as he then rolls back over onto his back.  Shane then sits up and as soon as he does, suddenly a rush of blood comes flowing from out of his nose, going all over the place.  Shane immediately grabs his nose and leans his head backwards in order to keep it from continuing on.

Shane:  And THIS is why you don’t dropkick your training partner in the face!!

Billy:  Yeah, sorry about that.  I got a little overzealous there.  Let me go grab you something to take care of that.

Billy rolls over onto his stomach and then uses his arms to push himself up onto his knees.  Billy then proceeds to climb up to his feet, but just as he pulls his hands up off of the mat and shifts all of his weight to his legs, his legs quickly give out and he crumbles back down to the mat in a heap, clutching his right knee in pain in the process.

Billy:  Or maybe not.  And THAT is why you don’t clip the knee of your training partner!  And unlike you, I actually have to wrestle in a match you know.

Shane:  Right… my bad.  How about we just lay here for a while longer and try again later?

Billy:  Sounds good to me.

Shane and Billy both lay back down flat on the mat as they each clutch onto their respective injuries.  At that point, the sound of a familiar female’s voice is then heard chiming in from off-camera.

Voice:  How about you two sit tight, and we’ll go grab some things to help take care of that for you boys?

Both Billy and Shane turn and look out to the ringside area, as the camera shot pans out, to show their respective ladies, Kristen and Fantasia standing next to the ring.  They both seem to be a little caught off guard by the situation.

Billy:  Oh yeah, I forgot you two were there.

Shane:  Yeah, who would have thought those two were capable of being so quiet.

Shane and Billy share a round of laughs and even go to high five one another, but as they raise their arms both men realize they are in too much pain to bother to move any closer, causing them to both stop trying and put an end to their laughter.

Fantasia:  What a real riot you are.

Kristen:  I guess they don’t need our help them.  Come on, let’s get out of here.

Billy:  Wait!

Shane:  Yes, please wait.  We’re sorry.

Billy:  We?  It was your joke, putz.

Shane:  You seemed to be quite amused by it too, little man.

Kristen:  Oh, will you two shut up already?

Billy:  Right, sorry.  Listen, if you guys could grab that stuff for us, that would be great.  We would have asked you sooner but like I said, we kind of forgot you were there.

Kristen:  Must be all of that brain damage you two gave each other while working out in that ring.

Fantasia:  Nah, that already had all of that brain damage.

Fantasia and Kristen both let out some loud laughs as Billy and Shane scowl over at their women from their positions barely leaning up on the mat.

Shane:  Oh, I see how it is.  So it’s alright for you two to make whatever cracks you want, but what I said was completely out of line, huh?

Fantasia:  The difference is we don’t need anything from you.

Kristen:  Exactly, we’re the ones doing you two the favors, so we can get away with it.

Billy:  What’s to say the two of us couldn’t decide to keep from you… um…

Before Billy can even finish his thought, Kristen is quick to interrupt.

Kristen:  Hate to break it to you honey, but the only things you two could keep away from the two of us, you would miss a whole lot more than we would.

Shane turns his head just slightly enough to be able to look over towards Billy.

Shane:  She kind of has a point there you know.

Billy:  I know that, but you don’t tell them that.

Fantasia:  Trust us, we already knew.

Billy:  Fine, fine.  Would you lovely ladies please do us the honor of helping us out and go grabbing some stuff from the back to take care of all of this?

Kristen:  That’s more like it.  What do you guys need?

Billy:  A few ice packs and something to clean up the nose of bleedy boy over here.

Fantasia:  Ok, we’ll be right back.  Try not to miss us too much.

Shane:  I’m sure we’ll survive.

Fantasia looks over at Shane seeming rather displeased, as Shane’s last comment was clearly dripping with sarcasm.  Seeing Fantasia’s expression, Shane is quick to flash an innocent smile in her direction.

Shane:  Sorry babe.

With that, neither Kristen nor Fantasia say another word as they turn and walk off, heading towards the back.  As the two of them leave the main gym area to head back into the training area, the men sit in the ring silently, waiting for the ladies to be out of earshot before continuing on.

Shane:  Did you seriously forget they were standing there?

Billy:  Of course not, but when I looked over at them, they both seemed rather annoyed that we had been ignoring them.  I figure they better think we are idiots than that we were ignoring them.

Shane:  I guess you have a point there.  Still found it a bit odd to say that though.

Billy:  I didn’t see you in any big rush to argue with me or claim you hadn’t forgotten.

Shane:  I’m no idiot.  I figure let you take the fall for the forgetting and wait to see how they reacted.  If they got pissed about it, at that point I could point out that I never said that I forgot.

Billy:  Ok, well when they get back, I’ll be sure to let Fantasia know that you were intentionally ignoring her.

Shane looks at Billy seeming rather annoyed as they both lay there quietly for a few moments before Shane speaks up again.

Shane:  You know what?

Billy:  What?

Shane:  Now I’m glad I took our your knee.

Billy:  You’re a good friend, Shane.

Shane:  Don’t I know it.

The two men burst into laughter at their last exchange.  Eventually the two settle down and, as Kristen and Fantasia return to the gym area, they both go over to the ropes and pull themselves up into a seated position, leaning back against them to help prop themselves up.  However, in a surprising twist, right after the two women walk back out into the gym, they are closely followed behind by SCW Reporter “Stoner” Scott Oliver.  While the two women try to ignore him, Scott can be heard continuing on as he follows behind them.

Scott:  Hey ladies, how about you two take a ride back with me, smoke chronic and then the three of us can do it like rabbits.  Snoogins.

Kristen:  Yeah, we’ll have to pass.

Scott:  Is that problem that it’s just me?  I got this hetero-lifemate who would totally be down to join us.  He ain’t talk much, but lunchbox knows how to treat a lady.

Fantasia:  That’s great, but it’s really not helping your cause.

As they continue to stay ahead of Scott, the two women come up to the ring apron and start to pass the ice packs, wraps and other assorted items they brought for Billy and Shane, all the while never actually looking back at Scott.  Scott, seemingly oblivious to the presence of Billy and Shane, continues on talking to the ladies.

Scott:  Come on ladies, either of you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

For the very first time, Kristen and Fantasia both turn to look back at Scott, as they each have looks of complete disgust painted across their faces.  These comments also seem to be enough to finally get Billy and Shane to their feet by pulling themselves up using the ropes.  The two men then lean forward on the top rope, as Billy very loudly clears his throat in an attempt to gain Scott’s attention.  As it quite clearly fails, Billy immediately calls out towards Scott.

Billy:  Hey buddy, those ladies you are talking to there are already taken.

Scott:  Yeah?  Well I ain’t see no guys of theirs here now and they ain’t say nothing about that to me.  You know what that means they’re doing for something freaky, right?  BONG!

Billy and Shane stand there and simply stare at Scott intently, not saying a word, until it suddenly seems to click with Scott, who immediately becomes a bit more low-key.

Scott:  Oh, right.  Sorry guys.  How about a little piece-offering?

Scott pulls out a lighter and then starts patting his pockets looking for something, but before he can find what he’s looking for, Billy is quick to interrupt.

Billy:  We’ll pass…

Shane:  We will?

Billy looks over at Shane and glares at him.

Billy:  Yes.

Billy then turns his attention back to Scott.

Billy:  But do you care to tell us what exactly is it you’re doing here?

Scott:  Oh yeah, I was sent here to interview someone… or something.  I’m an SCW interviewer you know.

Billy:  I’m well aware, although God only knows why.

Scott:  Me and her are pretty cool.  She’s pretty hot, ya know.  Totally kissed me.

Billy:  What are you babbling about you burnout?

Scott:  God, what else?  Anyway, I think you’re the one I’m supposed to be interviewing.  Aren’t that um… “Beautiful” guy… Bobby Eaton or something?

Billy:  Billy James actually.

Scott:  Yeah, that’s the one.

Billy:  Ok, so what did you want to ask me?

Scott:  I was wondering, what’s the deal with your women?  You guys cool with a little swinging action?

Billy:  First off… no.  Secondly, I meant what questions did you have for me for the interview.

Scott:  Oh yeah, the interview.  So um… what’s the deal with you and that dude you’re supposed to be facing.  What’s his name again?

Shane quickly interjects into the conversation.

Shane:  You do realize that’s your boss you’re talking about right?

Scott looks at Shane seeming rather confused before looking back over to Billy.

Scott:  You’re my boss?  Since when?

Billy:  Not me you idiot.

Scott:  But this dude said you were.

Shane:  Not him!  His opponent!

Scott:  Oh, who’s his opponent?

Billy:  Hot Stuff Mark Ward.

Scott:  You’re facing Hot Stuff?  No way!  Hey, did you guys know that he’s my boss?

Shane:  Oh you have got to be kidding me.

Scott:  Seriously dude, I totally work for him.

Billy:  Yeah great, listen we have got to run.  Let’s do this again sometimes.

Scott:  Alright man, thanks for the great interview.

Billy:  Whatever you say.

Scott:  And don’t forget to make sure you bring the ladies again next time.  Snoogans.

Shane:  Yeah, great.  Bye!

Scott turns and walks off, heading off to leave the gym.  However, it takes him a while, as Scott first heads off in the wrong direction and first ends up opening a closet door, before heading into the women’s locker room.  As some screams are heard, Scott comes stumbling out there after a few seconds holding the side of his face, before eventually finding his way and stumbling out the door the gym.  The entire time, the other four all stand around watching this scene, laughing along at the unbelievable sights before them.  As Scott finally leaves, Shane is quick to comment.

Shane:  That certainly was… special, wasn’t it?

Billy:  I think that was even more exhausting than our training session.

Shane:  It certainly caused more of that brain damage stuff the girls were talking about.

Fantasia:  And that’s saying something.

Kristen:  No kidding.  That training was painful to watch and even I was more happy to see that stoner leave than for you guys to finish fighting.

Billy:  I’m not quite sure how to take that.

Shane:  That doesn’t sound great, but you can’t really blame her, can you?

Billy:  I guess not.  Now as far as us being done training, first off, let me just say thanks again.  But also, why don’t you let me take you out for a couple of drinks?  You know, as a proper thank you.

Shane:  I don’t know man, it’s been a long day already.

Billy:  I know, but I feel like I have to do something.  Sure we both beat on each other but in my case this was a great preparation for my match.  For you?  You just got to sit there and get beat on.  I have to do something for you in return.

Shane:  Alright fine.  At least let me take a shower and get changed first.

Billy:  Of course, you think I was going to be seen in public with you looking and worse yet, smelling, like this?

Shane:  You’re a real funny guy, Billy.

Billy:  Don’t I know it.  Besides, you’ve still got to clean all of that dried blood on your face.

Shane:  While I do that, maybe you can clean all of that sand out of your vagina.

Billy:  Whoa, look at this guy.  Coming out with the high school humor now.  You got me there!

Shane:  Says the guy who was making fun of how I smell.  Listen, just give me like 20 minutes and I’ll be ready to roll.  You ladies just going to hang around here until we’re ready to go?

Fantasia opens her moth to respond, but is cut off as Kristen is quick to jump in.

Kristen:  Actually, we’re not going?

Fantasia seems confused by Kristen’s quick response.

Fantasia:  We’re not?

Kristen:  No, we’re not.  We have, um… other plans, remember?

Kristen then leans closely towards Fantasia and whispers to her.

Kristen:  Trust me, you don’t want to go.  I’ll explain later.

Fantasia nods to Kristen before turning and looking back at Shane.

Fantasia:  Oh right, I forgot.  We already have plans for some “girl time”?  You know how it is, it’s so hard to have that with you big lugs around all the time.

Shane:  Oh ok, that’s fine… I guess.  Are you girls sure?

Kristen:  Yep, absolutely sure.  You boys have fun.

Shane:  Ok then, if you insist.  I guess we’ll see you girls later then.

Fantasia:  See you later!

Shane and Billy both climb out of the ring and Shane and Fantasia gives each other a quick kiss goodbye as Billy smiles at Kristen and gives her a big thumbs up, making it clear that there is something else obviously going on here.  Billy and Shane then both head back to the locker room area as the scene slowly fades.

The scene opens up outside of some small, local little dive bar somewhere in the Las Vegas area.  Now having gotten showered and changed, we see “Beautiful” Billy James and Shane Boswell approaching the front door as the carry on a conversation.

Shane:  I still don’t get that was all about.

Billy:  What are you talking about?

Shane:  The girls.  They were acting so strange when we left.  I don’t know why they didn’t want to join us.

Billy stops short just before they walk in the front door, causing Shane to stop and look at him curiously.

Billy:  I have a confession to make.

Shane:  Uh oh, what is it?  Spill the beans.

Billy:  I am the reason to ladies didn’t want to join us.

Shane:  Oh great, what did you do to piss off Kristen this time.  You two are married now, you need to be more careful about all of that nonsense these days.

Billy:  No no, nothing like that.  They didn’t want to join us because I told Kristen not to.

Shane:  What?  Why would you do that?

Billy:  I had a good reason trust me, and once I told Kristen my plans for this evening, she couldn’t possibly have agreed with me more.

Shane:  I don’t like the sounds of that one bit.  What exactly do you have planned?

Billy:  Well… I think it’s easier to just show you than try to explain.

Shane:  Show me what?

Billy reaches over and grabs the handle to the front door the bar and opens it up, holding it open for Shane as he puts his arm out, pointing Shane inside.

Billy:  After you.

Shane looks at Billy suspiciously as he is very hesitant to go into the bar, very slowly walking towards it.

Shane:  I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Billy flashes Shane a big smile at which point Shane simply shakes his head at Billy.  Shane finally concedes and walks into the door of the bar, followed closely behind by Billy.  As the two walk in, things start to become a little clearer as sitting in the very first stool at the bar sits a very familiar man, none other than Shane’s cousin and partner in the undefeated tag team of Life of the Party, Matt Grove.  Matt seems to quite clearly already be a few drinks deep, as he sees the two men enter and quickly hops off of his bar stool, nearly falling over in the process.  Shane and Billy walk over towards Matt as his face lights up and he puts his arms out in excitement.

Shane:  Hey Matt, how’s it going?

Matt:  Dude.

Shane:  What?

Matt:  DUDE!!!

Shane:  Oh, shut up.

Shane looks rather annoyed with his drunken cousin and gives him a light push in the chest to get him a little bit away from him, but given Matt’s drunken state, the shove causes him to go stumbling backwards.  Matt ends up falling right back into his bar stool and ultimately fall backwards right over into it and goes crashing door the bar’s floor.  Matt bursts into hysterical laughter from his place on the floor as Shane looks at Billy rather unamused.

Shane:  This was your big surprise?  My drunken idiot of a cousin?

Billy:  Now you know how the rest of us always used to feel back in the old days when you were both always like this.

Shane thinks about Billy’s comment before looking down at his cousin and seeing him flailing around on the floor, which can’t help but bring a laugh out of Shane.

Shane:  It is kind of funny though.

Billy:  That it is, why do you think we kept you clowns around?

Shane:  Because we dominated the tag team division?

Billy:  Yeah sure, that was it.  Tag Team wrestling was always our biggest concern.

Shane:  Ah whatever, let’s just help this idiot up or he’ll be laying there for the rest of the night.

Billy and Shane both bend down and each grab an arm of Matt’s pulling him up to his feet.  Matt then takes a seat at the bar as Billy and Shane both join him, ordering a couple of beers for themselves as the bartender passes by.

Billy:  Get us a couple of Bud Lights to start.  And open up a tab, we’re going to be here a while.

Billy pulls out his wallet and takes out a credit card, handing it over to the bartender.

Bartender:  You got it buddy.

The bartender quickly grabs a couple of beers from under the bar and pops them open, setting on down in front of each of Billy and Shane as he then walks off to go open up the tab.  Shane then looks over at Billy from their seats at the bar.

Shane:  I must say, I’m a bit disappointed in you Billy.  I expected more.  While I can understand why the ladies wouldn’t want to be a part of this mess, you made it out like it was some sort of big surprise I would never see coming.  Going out and drinking with Matt is hardly something new and different for us.  I’ve only done it, oh, a few thousand times in my life before.

Billy:  Have a little patience my friend, this is only the beginning.  Actually, I think we better move ourselves over to one of the tables.

Shane:  Really, why?

Billy:  There’s more room at the tables.

Shane:  No kidding, but why do we need more room for the three of us to drink?

Billy:  We wouldn’t if it were just the three of us drinking.

Billy grins at Shane before getting up from his bar stool and starting to walk over to the table.  Shane quickly gets up from his seat and follows Billy as he tries to figure out what’s going on, as Matt does his best stumble after the two of them.

Shane:  What are you talking about?  Who else is coming?  The rest of SCW who knows you aren’t exactly your biggest fans you know, that’s why you came to me for help training in the first place.

Billy:  Oh Shane, you’ll see soon enough.  Trust me, you’ll be happy with our other guests.  I promise you that.

Shane:  Who?!?

As the conversation is ongoing, all three of them take a seat down at the table.  Before Billy can respond to Shane’s last question, a familiar voice is heard coming from the direction of the bar door, which is now behind where Shane is sitting.

Voice:  I hope I’m not late.

Billy:  Nope, just in time.  Shane, I believe you two know each other.

Billy points towards the door as Shane turns around to see, standing in the doorway, the familiar face of Jordan Williams.  Shane gets up from his seat with a big smile on his face as Jordan walks over.  The two men shakes hands as Jordan takes a seat at the table.

Shane:  Good to see you man, certainly wouldn’t have expected you.  I thought you had Billy you weren’t getting involved in anything with either him or, well you know, the other guy, in these next couple of weeks.

Jordan:  I told him I wouldn’t help him get prepared for his match against Mark, but I never said anything about grabbing a few drinks.  No way I was going to turn down this opportunity.

Shane:  Why?  Because drinking with me and Matt is such an unusual occurrence that nobody can resist the temptation?

Jordan lets out a laugh before responding.

Jordan:  No offense Shane, but this didn’t have a whole lot to do with you and Matt.

Matt, seeming to just notice a different voice saying his name, suddenly looks up from his drink and appears to notice Jordan for the very first time.

Matt:  Oh, hey Jordan!

Jordan:  Hey Matt, what’s up?

Matt:  Drinking.

Jordan:  So I can see.  Nice to see you’re changing things up a bit.

Jordan chuckles as Matt seems confused, before turning back to his conversation with Shane.

Jordan:  Like I said, no offense, but come on.

Shane:  Ok fine, so if you’re not here to hang out with us then why are you here?

Jordan:  It’s not so much about any particular individuals as it’s about the group.

Billy:  Exactly, it’s all about getting the gang back together.

Matt:  Yeah!  And drinking with them!

Shane:  That’s great and all, but in case you haven’t notice, we’re still quite a few people short of having the whole “gang” together you know.

Billy:  Oh really?  We hadn’t noticed.

Jordan:  Yeah, it sure would be great if we could get all of those guys back, wouldn’t it?

Billy:  Sure would, but it would be impossible to track them down.

Voice:  Yeah, where are there rest of those guys these days anyway?

A big smile comes across Billy’s face as the rest of the group seems confused by the voice they just suddenly heard.  At that moment, coming from behind them, someone squats down between the two seats currently occupied by Jordan and Shane.  The person turns out to be none other than another of these men’s former GCW stablemates, Edge.  All four of the men seated at the table immediately hop up out of their seats to say hello.

Jordan:  Wow, great to see you man

Edge:  Thanks, great seeing all of you guys too.

Shane:  Seriously.  This is great, but how did you end up knowing about this?

Edge:  Billy tracked me down.  Told me he wanted to try to get as much of the old crew together as possible.

Billy:  It really is amazing that you made it out man.  I thought I would never see you again.

Edge:  Couldn’t miss this opportunity.

Matt:  Hi Edge!

Edge:  Hey Matt!

Matt goes to high five Edge, but completely misses and nearly falls over in the process, but manages to land back down in his seat.  All of Edge, Shane, Jordan and Billy then take seats at the table again as well.

Shane:  Alright Billy, credit where it’s due.  I’m impressed.  Granted I’m sure it would have been impossible to get everyone together, but this is a pretty awesome group we’ve got here already.  Anyone else coming?

Billy:  Truth be told, I thought Paul would already be here.

Paul:  I am here, you idiots.

Everyone turns around and all looked shocked, including Billy, to see another former teammate of theirs walking over to the table, “Irresistible” Paul Breland.  Interestingly enough, Paul heads over to the table from the opposite side of the bar and quickly waves everyone off from everyone getting up to greet him and takes one of the seats at the table.

Shane:  Where did you just come from?

Paul:  I’ve been here this whole, long before any of the rest of you got here.

Billy:  What are you talking about?  When Shane and I got here Matt was the only person in the whole bar.

Paul:  Wait, you mean Matt didn’t tell you?

Paul turns and looks towards Matt and shakes his head at him, while Matt seems unsure of what he did, or rather didn’t do.

Matt:  What?

Paul goes to say something, but Shane quickly cuts in with a comment to Matt.

Shane:  I thought that was supposed to be my line.

Matt:  Huh?

Shane:  Forget it.  Paul… you were saying?

Paul:  I was saying that I was here drinking with Matt.  I just went to go and hit the bathroom, didn’t Matt tell you guys?

Matt looks confused as he seems to be thinking things over until his face suddenly lights up.

Matt:  Oh yeah!

Matt turns his attention to the rest of the group at the table.

Matt:  Hey guys, just so you know, Paul is already here.  He just had to go the bathroom.

Everyone at the table looks completely dumbfounded by Matt’s drunken idiocy, with a number of his friends simply shaking their head at Matt while Shane puts his hands down in his face and lets out a groan.  Billy breaks the awkward silence that follows by putting his hand up to wave down the bartender.

Billy:  A round for the table!

Billy turns back to the group as they continue on with conversations of catching up with each other, as it has been quite some time since they were all together, as the bartender brings a round of drinks for the table.  They all start drinking, at varying sppeds as the carry on with their conversations.

Billy:  So how long has it really been?

Paul:  Well there was that GCW revival back in what, 2006 was it?

Edge:  Oh yeah, I forgot all about that.

Jordan:  I think that’s what they were hoping for.

Shane:  No kidding.  That did not go particularly well.

Matt:  Yeah!  What he said!

Edge:  Does he even have a clue what we’re talking about?

Matt:  Of course, the GCW revival.  That’s when Shane and I got to have our SECOND undefeated title reign as GCW Tag Team Champions.  WHOOOO YEAH!!  Alright, who’s ready for another beer?  I got this round?

The entire table looks on in shock as they have barely gotten through any of their current beer while Matt has already polished his off.  He stands up and looks around at the table and after getting no response, shrugs and heads over to the bar to buy his next beer.

Jordan:  I’m impressed.

Billy:  By Matt’s drinking?  Guess you don’t remember him all that well, huh?

Jordan:  No, not that.  I’m impressed he actually remembered about that last run of GCW.

Shane:  You’d be surprised.  As much as he acts like a complete moron, he actually seems to be quite aware of going on around him when he’s plastered.  I mean think about it, we had two reigns as undefeated champions and I think we were black out drunk for every single match we had.

Paul:  Half the time I was shocked you guys even managed to find your way down to the ring, never mind actually winning a match.

Shane:  When you drink as much as we did, you start to kind of get used to it, and just do things as a form of habit.

Edge:  Like winning matches?

Matt:  Exactly!

The group sees Matt returning to the bar just in time to chime in, as he has two beers in his hand.  Matt sets one down in front of him and slides the second across the table towards Shane.  Shane looks at the bottle, then down to the one he was currently drinking, which is still half full, before looking back at Matt.

Shane:  I didn’t ask for a beer.

Matt:  I know, but you looked like you needed another one.  You’re way too sober, and you’re kind of cranky when sober.

Shane:  Yeah, whatever.

Shane seems a little annoyed, but apparently doesn’t let that stop him as he proceeds to pound his first beer and push the empty bottle out of the way before moving onto the second one.  Paul looks over at Shane and laughs at the sight of him being so easily pressured by his cousin.

Paul:  I still can’t believe these two nitwits seriously had the record that they did.

Shane:  Never lost a match together.  Choke on that Pauly-boy.

Billy:  Yeah, but you guys didn’t have quite as impressive singles records if I do recall.

Shane:  I still had myself a very successful career without my idiot cousin.  Who would have thought I might have been better off staying drunk though.

Billy:  Well Matt gave that a try and we all saw how that worked out for him.

Matt:  What’s that supposed to mean?

Billy:  It means that your singles career lasted about 5 minutes, and it sucked.

Matt:  Nuh uh!

Billy:  Dude, when Shane left GCW after just a couple of matches you came running to my to form a new tag team with you.  We did that for a little while until I decided I needed to go with singles matches again, at which you point lost a few more matches on your own before Shane come back.

Matt:  Oh yeah… that.  Well, I was still an awesome tag team wrestler, so shut up!  Who needs another beer?

Matt stands up and tosses aside another empty bottle as everyone looks at him blankly, as they are all still finishing up the last round Billy ordered for them.  Matt then turns and looks directly at Shane, expecting some sort of reaction from him.

Shane:  None for me.

Matt:  One for you?  Got it!

Shane:  No, I said...

Shane’s words drift off as he realizes it is too late, as Matt has already stumbled his way back over to the bar for the next round.  Shane then turns his attention back to Billy.

Shane:  He’s right you know, our tag team success is unmatched.  Where do you get off running your mouth?

Billy:  Oh yeah, I definitely can’t think of any other tag teams in GCW who were undefeated as a team and as tag team champions.  How about you Jordan, can you think of one?

Jordan:  Yeah, that’s a tough one.  I think there was another one, wasn’t there?

Billy:  That does sound vaguely familiar.  You remember the team’s name by any chance.

Jordan:  Wasn’t it something like, Perfect Dynasty, or something like that?

Billy:  You’re right, that’s it!  Who was in that?  I can’t remember.

Jordan:  Hmmm, let me think.  Wait a second, weren’t you one of the members?

Billy:  That’s right, I was!

Jordan:  I can’t put my finger on it though, who was the other one?

Billy:  Hold on, wasn’t that you?

Jordan:  I’ll be damned, it was me!

Billy and Jordan both look back at Shane with big smiles on their face, as Shane seems rather unamused.  Both Paul and Edge are rolling their eyes as well at the back and forth between their friends.  At that point, Matt comes back to the table, putting one beer down in front of himself and the other in front of Shane.  Shane quickly pounds back the beer he already had and grabs the new one.

Matt:  So I was thinking, my singles career wasn’t really that bad, was it?  I’m asking, because I really don’t remember.

Billy:  It certainly wasn’t great.

Matt:  What makes it so much worse than your singles career?

The entire table laughs as Matt’s comment as he seems rather unsure of why.

Billy:  Do you mean other than my four World Heavyweight Championship reigns, two of them undefeated?

Matt:  Well… yeah!  Forget titles, just, you know, other stuff.

Billy:  How about the fact that I can count my career losses on one hand?

Jordan:  Too bad half of them were to your next opponent, huh?

The entire table lets out a loud set of “OOOOOOOO”s, as Billy turns toward Jordan as he gives him a bit of glare while not being able to help but chuckle in the process.

Jordan:  Just kidding buddy.

Billy:  I suppose it is true, but all I say is, I challenge you two find anyone who had a better record in GCW than I did.

Before any response can be heard, another familiar voice is heard off in the distance.

Voice:  Are you guys talking about me?  Must be, because my ears are burning.  I see you started without me, huh?

As Billy is the one facing the doorway, he is the first to look up and see the person and as he does, Billy’s jaw drops as a look of complete shock comes across his face.

Billy:  Holy shit!

The entire group turns around in their seats to look towards in the door and see that the person who’s voice they heard was none other than another former friend and stablemate, Adam Rich.

Billy:  I can’t believe this.  I mean, I called and invited you, but never heard back.  I didn’t even know if I had the right number.  Never in a million years did I actually expect you to show up.

Adam:  What can I say?  I wanted it to be a surprise.  As far as you guys seeing me again, well it was only a… matter of time.

The entire group groans as Adam’s joke references his wrestling finisher.  Adam grabs the last available seat at the table.

Adam:  Oh, and for those of you who weren’t paying attention, the answer to Billy’s little quiz about who had a better GCW record would be… me.

Billy:  Aw crap, I forgot about that.

Adam:  Don’t worry, I didn’t.

Billy:  Let’s get you a drink and try to change that.  Everyone looks ready for another round.  What about you two though?  You’re already a few rounds ahead of us.

Billy looks to Shane and Matt with his comment and just as he does, Matt finishes off his beer and slams the empty bottle down on the table.

Matt:  Count me in!

Billy:  How about you Shane?

Shane looks down at the beer bottle in his hand, which is still half full and seems to be thinking it over.  That is, until he looks up and sees Matt staring at him rather disapprovingly.

Shane:  Yeah, fine.  Grab me one too.

Billy:  Barkeep!  7 more!

Bartender:  You got it.

After a few moments, the bartender comes over with seven beers and passes them around the table before walking off.

Billy:  So who would have thought we would see this day, huh?

Adam:  A job well done Bill.

Paul:  Seriously.  Never would have expected to see you here in a million years Adam.

Adam:  No kidding, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen most of you.

Billy:  And yet, now we’ve got everyone back together.

Edge:  Not technically everybody you know.

Billy:  Can we not start with this?

Jordan:  It’s no sweat guys.  As soon as I heard we were getting the gang back together I gave Mark the heads up.  I figured they could put aside their differences for just one night with the old group, right?

Billy leers at Jordan, seeming to be not quite sure whether or not Jordan is joking.  Jordan looks back at Billy very seriously for quite a while, with both men simply staring at each other until Jordan finally cracks a smile.

Jordan:  Chill out, I’m just messing with you!

Billy:  You better be.  As far as I’m concerned, this covers absolutely everyone and everything.

Edge:  Even still, I would say there is one thing missing.

Billy:  What are you talking about?

Edge:  Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.

The rest of the group looks confused as Edge gets up from his seat and walks across the bar, eventually stopping at the jukebox.  After a few seconds of him fiddling around with it, suddenly the speakers in the bar come alive with “Nothin’ but a Good Time” by Poison, bringing smiles to all of the groups as Edge comes back and joins them again at the table.

Billy:  Very well done, now it’s like nothing ever changed.  Let’s have a drink gentlemen, to the good old days.

Billy raises up his beer, and each of the other six men quickly follow suit.

Billy:  To the Perfection Connection!

Everyone:  THE PERFECTION CONNECTION!!!

The group all clink their glasses together and take a drink of their beers before setting them back down on the table.  That is, except for Shane, who continues to pound his beer until there is no more and places it down at the table, standing up from his seat and looking around the table.

Shane:  Who needs another one?

Nobody responds as they have all just started on their new beers, while Matt looks down at his bottle and is shocked to see that it is still half full while Shane is already done.  He quickly looks up to Shane as he stumbles through his words.

Matt:  Um… yeah, sure… grab me one.

Shane walks off to grab the other beers as the rest of the group seems shocked.

Jordan:  Did we really just see Shane beat Matt on that beer and now Matt trying to keep up with him?

Adam:  Let the games begin.

Jordan:  Seriously, it like the two of them are drinking enough for the rest of us combined.

Billy:  Yeah, it’s a shame too, because I was hoping you’d be the one fall over drunk.

Jordan:  Why exactly is that?

Billy:  That way we could find out what the deal is with you and that Odette chick.

Jordan:  I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Billy:  Don’t give me that crap.  You’re all smitten with here.  It’s so cute.  We all know it.

Jordan:  I’m not sure where you’re getting this from man.

Billy:  Yeah, whatever. Good luck there with your “friend”.  Although I hate to have to break it for you, but she’s clearly got a thing for me.

Jordan looks rather annoyed by that last comment as Shane returns to the table with beers for himself and Matt.

Jordan:  Shut up man, just leave it alone.

Billy:  I’m serious.  You see the way she looks at me backstage.  Sorry man, it’s not my fault, it’s just women’s natural reaction to me.

Shane, now sounding much more like the drunken Shane known from his GCW days, is quick to jump in.

Shane:  Dude, aren’t you married?

Billy:  Yeah, so what’s your point?  I’m not saying that I’m doing to do anything
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:11:59 PM by Billy James »

Offline Billy James

• View Profile
    • "Beautiful" Billy James
The More Things Change...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
 Matt:  Dude, why weren’t we invited to the wedding?

Shane:  I don’t know man.  Maybe he didn’t invite any of the old wrestlers.  I mean, it’s totally been a while since we all saw each other and stuff.

Matt turns to the guys at the rest of the table and addresses them.

Matt:  Were you guys invited to the wedding?

Matt goes around the table, pointing to each one of them as he expects individual answers.

Paul:  Yep.

Edge:  Certainly was.

Adam:  Yes indeed.

Jordan:  Are you kidding me?  Of course.

Matt seems displeased with those answers and quickly turns his attention back to Billy.

Matt:  Well then why weren’t me and Shane invited?

Shane:  Yeah, why not?

Billy:  You were invited you idiots.

Shane:  We were?

Matt:  Are you sure?

Billy:  Yes I’m sure.

Matt and Shane both quickly turn towards each other and start talking one on one.

Matt:  If we were invited, why didn’t we go?

Shane:  I don’t know man, maybe we forgot?

Matt:  Could be, or maybe the invitations were lost in the mail or something.

Shane:  Yeah that might be it, or we had other plans or something.

Matt:  Or maybe…

Before Matt and Shane can continue on, Billy interrupts them.

Billy:  Hey morons, newsflash for you.  You DID go.

Matt:  Say what?

Shane:  If we went, then how come neither of us remember it?

Edge:  Why would you think?

Matt and Shane look at each other for an answer, but shrug as they don’t seem to be getting the insinuation.

Paul:  It was an open bar.

Matt:  OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH.

Shane:  That makes a lot of sense now.

Matt:  Awesome wedding you had there, Billy!

Shane:  Yeah, we had a great time!

Billy laughs at the comments from the two cousins.

Billy:  I appreciate that… I guess.  Thanks.

Adam:  Not that this rambling session isn’t fun, but I have to ask.  What exactly is it that brought us all together tonight?

Edge:  Well Billy’s back in action in SCW.

Adam:  Right, I got that.  But I’m a bit out of the loop here.  I know there had to be a good reason for Billy to get dragged out of retirement, so what is it?

Jordan:  Oh you hadn’t heard?  Billy here is back at it again with our old buddy Hot Stuff.

Adam:  That again?  Seriously.

Billy:  Hey, it wasn’t my fault.  Alright.

Jordan:  Of course it’s not.  Neither of you ever think it is.

Billy:  Yeah, yeah whatever.  I’ll make my points on the matter very clear when I cut my promo later in the week.  I plan on making a very real statement with this.  I just need to think of the right way to really drive it all home.

Matt:  Why don’t you go on Jerry Springer again like you did that one time?

Shane:  Yeah, or maybe Judge Judy again.  Those were awesome!

Billy:  Hate to break it to you guys, but that wasn’t me.

Matt:  It wasn’t?  Are you sure?

Billy:  Yeah, I’m sure.  I mean, they were kind of me, but not really.  See those were segments and roleplays that I wrote for other characters, not for me.

The entire table stares at Billy blankly as they seem to have no idea what he is talking about.

Jordan:  What the hell are you babbling about?

Billy:  Um, nothing, nevermind.  I think it’s time for some shots.  Let’s go up to the bar!

The group all decide to take Billy’s advice, as they get up from their seats at the table and head over to the bar.  As they all walk over, they start debating over what to do shots of as the scene slowly fades out.

The scene fades in what appears to be a large warehouse, but it is not completely clear if that is what it is or what exactly is in it, as the lights inside are turned off.  That is, with the exception of one single solitary light in the center of the room, that is shining straight downward.  Where that light shines down sits a steel folding chair, and sitting in the chair is “Beautiful” Billy James, who has his elbows on his knees as he looks down at the floor.  The camera zooms in closer and closer to Billy until the darkness all around him is gone, and Billy is all that is seen in the shot, at which point Billy looks up and straight into the camera.

Billy:  Hello there, remember me?  Time to sit down and have a little chat.  Time for you to remember that there’s not just the fun-loving happy-go-lucky Billy.  It’s time for you to have a little reminder about the Billy James who beat you all around GCW, and even your own hometown streets of London in GXW.  Of course things didn’t start that way, did they?  Oh no, if you go back many years, things were great.  We got to know each other outside of the ring through our good mutual friend, Jordan.  While you were busy teaming with Jordan in Hot ‘n’ Sexy, I was forming what would become wrestling premiers stable along with him, the Perfection Connection.  Back in those days there may have been no direct connection between us, but we would get there.  We came to know each other as casual friends, but it all grew from there.  Then came the day when things really kicked off.  Jordan and I decided to reform PC and when we did, yours were the first name Jordan brought up to add to the new version of the group.  Credit where it’s due Mark, you were a big part of helping to make that group stronger than ever.  And you know what?  You and I?  We got along fantastically.  I remember back to when you beat Austin Parker to pick up your very first World title victory, I was so brought of you.  But at some point, everything changed.  At some point, our relationship was no longer where it once was.  So the question is when, or perhaps the better question is WHERE, did that all change?  Well, why don’t you see for yourself?  Because where it all began, is right here.

Billy holds his arms up in the air and just like that, the lights in the entire warehouse kick on as the camera zooms out, showing it to be completely filled up with everything you would need in order to host a high-end wrestling show in an arena.  Seen all around through the warehouse is everything from a set, a stage, a ramp, crowd barriers, announce tables and of course, right in the middle of it all, inside of which Billy is currently sitting is, a wrestling ring.  As the camera zooms out further, it is seen that on the side of the ring, upon the ring apron reads in big bold letters “GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING”.

Billy:  That’s right Mark.  Right now I am sitting square in the center of the ring that started it all.  It’s been nearly twelve years since we were forced to step into this ring together back in Global Championship Wrestling.  Back when that no good piece of trash CEO of theirs, Craig Suchodolski, forced the two of us to face off against each other.  Nearly twelve years since we stepped into that ring as the best of friends.  Nearly twelve years since you were forced to defend that title belt against me.  What all of that means?  That means it’s been nearly twelve years since I ended your reign as GCW World Heavyweight Champion.

Billy stops for a moment, as a big, somewhat sinister, smile comes across his face.

Billy:  That was the moment it all changed Mark.  You know it and I know it.  It was that very moment which turned you into the person that we all see before us today.  Nearly twelve years ago, you lost that match to me and lost your title to me, and showed us all what your true colors really were.  On that day, you showed yourself to be a poor sport, to be untrustworthy, catty, and truth be told, to be a complete coward.

The smile disappears from Billy’s face as he looks somewhat disgusted.

Billy:  Think about what you resorted to after that, all because you couldn’t handle having lost that match.  You attacked me from behind time and again, even helping our common enemies, the very people who were responsible for us being in that match to begin with, in order to cost me the GCW World Heavyweight Championship, just out of spite. Ever since then, for nearly twelve years, this is what our relationship has been.  A relationship filled with a never-ending intense hatred and desire to put an end to one another, all based around the fact that you were unable to handle the reality that the first time you and I stepped into the ring together, I would out as the victory.

With that, the smile returns to Billy’s face.

Billy:  We have fought countless time since then, whether it has been inside or out of the ring, sanction matches or not, on different teams or even on the same one.  Yet in the end, we’ve only had four total matches where we faced off against each other, one-on-one.  Yet we both know, those were also four of the biggest matches of either of our careers.  Every time we have fought, we have driven each other to be our very best and in the end, we have each managed to pick up two victories a piece.  Now were we are, ready for match number five, the rubber match.  We are stepping into a match that promises to be the most brutal and bloody of all of the matches we have ever had, which really says quite a lot.  What does that mean?  That means this should finally put an end to it all, one way or another.  And let it be made very clear, right here and now.  How it is all going to end is really quite simply.  I’m going to remind you of what caused you to become what you are now, what caused you to lose the respect of me, an entire roster of wrestlers and wrestling fans throughout the entire world; and that is that, when it is all said and done, whether you like it, or can admit to it, or can – the bottom line is I am simply better than you.  You can deny it all you like for every day up until we step into the ring together once again, but once we are inside that ring and the bell has run, there will be nothing more that you can say or do.  In the end, it will be just the two of us, and with an entire world watching, they will all learn the truth.  I’ve told you this hundreds of times before Mark, and now, I will tell it to you for the very last time… when you mess with this beauty, he’s gonna whoop your booty.

Billy looks straight into the camera as a very serious look fills his face.

Billy:  And Mark, this time it will be a whooping unlike you have ever experienced in your entire life.  This time, it will finally be the very end of this all.  I’ll see you at Blaze of Glory II.

As Billy continues to stare into the camera, all of the lights in the warehouse slowly turn off one by one, eventually leaving only the original one spotlight that was on Billy.  Billy continues to stare into the camera as it slowly fades, until finally it all goes to complete black.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:11:06 PM by Billy James »