Author Topic: Ben Jordan - ACW roleplay  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Ben Jordan - ACW roleplay
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »
 OOC: Posting this, as it includes SCW superstars, set backstage at an SCW show. Also, to give back story and reasoning to a couple of roleplays that will be posted this week. If you'd like to see Ben and Mickey in SCW, please start a petition \'smile.gif\'

SUNDAY 9TH DECEMBER - BACKSTAGE AT SCW CLIMAX CONTROL

People run around the scene, hours before the show as the superstars of Sin City Wrestling ready themselves for their latest show. The camera darts around, before focusing on two men. The camera moves a little closer to see them as ACW superstars, Ben Jordan and Mickey Carroll. Mickey looks calm as always, but excitement jumps around Ben's eyes.

Mickey: I dunno what you're all excited about. It's just a bunch of lads who do what we do.

Ben looks up at the taller Mickey and places his palms out in front of him, a little surprised by his friends attitude.

Ben: Are you joking? Behave yourself Mickey, this is SCW!

Mickey: It's a bunch of fellas who pull on their trunks, one leg at a time, just like you.

Ben: Listen mate, this is where a lot of big names are.

Mickey: ACW will be pissed if they know we're here.

Ben: Number one Mickey my old son, ACW and SCW have a good working relationship. They encouraged me last time to bring this here and for us to be shown on an SCW supercard with it.

Ben opens his jacket to show his ACW Maritime Junior Heavyweight Championship

Ben: When I asked the boss if I could be on TV here, he told me to bring the title, his idea. Secondly, our time with ACW is limited, when they want us to do promo work, we do it, when they want us to wrestle, we do it. It's like two days, three days tops a month. Casey invited us here on one of our many off days.

Mickey: What is it with you and Casey? You got a thing for his bald head, don't ya mate?

Ben looks up at Mickey, quickly shaking his head

Ben: Piss off son. Casey just helped me out when I was first starting in ACW. I lost a match which was pure bollocks, I shouldn't have lost. Casey pulled me to one side and told me not to give up when I was about to stick two fingers up to them. First impressions mean a lot and their first impression on me was not one that filled me with confidence

Mickey: I still think you like his bald head.

Ben: I think he likes your ginger head.

Mickey looks down at Ben

Mickey: Everyone loves ginger people

Ben: If you say so rusty nuts

Mickey pulls his hand back, showing the back of his hand to Ben as if he's going to strike, but Ben ducks out of the way.

Ben: Now let's go find Casey, before they think you're a bum and kick us out.

Mickey: By the end of this night, I'm gonna smack you right in the mouth.

Ben: By the end of the night, you'll be drunk and smacking someone else in the mouth.

Mickey tilts his head with a half smile

Mickey: You're probably right.

Ben: I know I am.

Mickey and Ben walk through a crowd, seeing Casey Williams standing alone, his back to the ACW duo. Ben looks at Mickey

Ben: It's times like this Mick...

Mickey: Oi!

Ben: Sorry, Mickey. Time's like this where you have to really ask yourself the ultimate question and come up with the right answer.

Mickey: What question?

Ben: Wedgie or jump on his back?

Mickey puts a finger up to his chin, nodding his head, as if to think seriously about Ben's question. He raises his finger to Ben as if to say something, but changes his mind, scratching the side of his head. Mickey nods his head, smiling and confident in the answer he is about to provide to Ben.

Mickey: I say we just kick him up the arse

Ben looks at Mickey, a wide smile on his face.

Ben:  Best idea you've had today.

Mickey looks slightly proud of himself as he and Ben approach Casey from behind him. Ben and Mickey look at each other and both raise a foot and kick Casey, a butt cheek each. Casey spins around, an angry look on his face, but his anger quickly turns to a smile as he sees Mickey and Ben standing there.

Casey: Bout time you two showed up

Mickey: Got stuck in a bar, punched a guy.

Casey: For what?

Ben: Calling him Mick.

Casey shakes his head

Casey: People will never learn. I'm glad you two could make it tonight and congrats Ben.

Ben: Thanks Casey

Ben looks confused

Mickey: For what? This dickhead hasn't done anything but hit on women and get drunk.

Casey: For getting that ACW match against the NWA world champion. It's a big step up.

Ben looks at Mickey with more confusion, before turning back to Casey

Ben: In the quiet words of the virgin Mary, come again?

Mickey: Seasonal joke.... really?

Ben quickly glances at Mickey but back to Casey

Casey: Yeah, you're facing Mike Sloan, didn't you know?

Ben: Ummmm no, been doing basically what Mickey said. Beer, women, spending money.

Casey reaches in to his pocket and pulls out an iPhone, quickly using his thumb to navigate the system and on to the internet. Casey nods, happy that he has found what he was looking for. He reads it out loud

Ben: The first half of our co-main events takes place just before intermission as two guys with gold belts collide... Ben Jordan and Mike Sloan! Neither the Maritime Junior Heavyweight Championship nor the NWA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line, but it’s a dream come true for Jordan! Ben has been looking for a chance to move up and prove himself against tougher competition. Well, they don’t come any bigger than this! Can Ben Jordan prove he belongs amongst the elite?

Ben blinks rapidly before looking at the phone again

Ben: Holy shit

Mickey: Jammy bastard.

Ben: Does that universal wrestling rule kick in here?

Mickey: What one?

Ben: The one that if I win, I get a title shot at the NWA champ?

Mickey: I doubt it. ACW, NWA, two different things.

Ben: Still, a chance to prove myself and open the NWA's eyes. Than if we decide to move on, everyone will be scrambling over us.

A man approaches, long hair running down to near his shoulders. The man drags a cooler behind him, slightly larger than the usual cooler.

Casey: Ben, Mickey, meet Aleksei Koji.

Aleksei: Hello.

Mickey: Alright mate.

Aleksei looks at the two and towards Casey.

Aleksei: Are these new peoples to join us here?

Casey: No, Ben and Mickey are friends from ACW.

Aleksei: A friend of Casey is a friend of mine. Would you like a beer?

Aleksei points down the cooler and Mickey's eyes light up.

Mickey: I like this fella, he speaks my language

Aleksei looks at Mickey

Aleksei: You speak Romanian? You don't look very Romanian.

Ben: Means he like's beer.

Aleksei reaches down in to the cooler and pulls out two beers, handing them to Mickey and Ben.

Aleksei: My friend, we do indeed speak the same language.

Aleksei pulls out two more beers and offers one to Casey, but Casey shakes his head. Mickey, Ben and Aleksei pop the top of the three bottles, and quickly tap the bottles together.

Aleksei: So you gentlemen indulge in tha' wrestling thing too?

Ben smiles at Aleksei's accent.

Ben: Yeah geezer, we're wrestlers.

Aleksei looks at Casey.

Aleksei: What is geezer?

Casey: It's Ben's English way of saying friend.

Aleksei: Oh, I like that. Geezer, have you introduced them to the other geezers?

Aleksei looks at Ben

Aleksei: I say that right?

Ben nods

Ben: Yeah geez, bang on.

Casey: Taking them to meet NXT now.

Casey points towards a close by door and Ben, Mickey and Aleksei follow Casey to a door. Casey swings the door open to show a busy looking locker room. Everyone seems to stop what they're doing and looks towards the two newcomers

Ben: Yeah, this ain't awkward.

Casey: Everyone, this is Ben and Mickey, from ACW.

Aleksei: Ben and Mickey, these are our geezers!

Ben fires a thumbs up to Aleksei.

Casey: This is Jessie, Jake.

Ben looks at Jessie.

Ben: Alright darling, how ya doing?

Jake Salco steps forward, Ben looks towards Casey, Ben whispers to Casey.

Ben: Are those two doing the horizontal lambada?

Casey: Think that's illegal.

Aleksei: Siblings.

Ben smiles.

Ben: In that case....

Ben looks back to Jessie

Ben: Alright darling, how ya doing?

Mickey clips Ben around the head with his fingers, causing Ben to turn to face Mickey and talk in a whisper.

Ben: What? I like rock chicks.

Mickey: You like any chick with a pair of tits.

Ben rubs his head where Mickey just struck.

Ben: Fair point.

Casey continues to introduce Ben and Mickey

Casey: This is Odette, Giani, Jamie.

Ben: Met those guys at the Supercard we came to. Boy they can party.

Giani and Jamie nod

Casey: This is Vixen and our leader and current SCW heavyweight champion...

Mickey: That fella needs no introduction, former NWA champion.

Casey: Correct, Spike Staggs.

Spike steps forward, looking at Ben.

Spike: Nice to meet you guys, Casey has spoke about you a lot. What's that title belt you're sporting there?

Spike points down, the ACW title belt barely visible under Ben's half open jacket.

Ben: It's the Atlantic Championship Wrestling Maritime Junior Heavyweight championship.

Spike nods slowly

Ben: More impressive than it sounds.

Spike: Bit of a mouthful though.

Ben: Yes, but I've had it for nearly four months, first and only holder of the belt. You kind of get used to saying it after a while.

Ben pauses for a second.

Ben: I know this sounds bad, but sorry people, will probably forget your names by the end of the day, suck at remembering names.

Mickey: Yeah, the plum forgets his real name is Benjamin and not Ben. Keep telling ya Benny boy, shortening it to Ben, doesn't make you cooler

Laughs come from various NXT members but Ben slowly shakes his head at Mickey

Casey: Ben's got a big match coming up for ACW. Twenty third of December against Mike Sloan.

Spike's eyes narrow

Spike: NWA World champion Mike Sloan?

Ben nods slowly.

Ben: Yeah, you guys should all be there. Me and Mickey will set you up with tickets, front row.

Spike: Sorry bud, SCW has a show on the same day or we'd be there. I've faced Sloan before, took my NWA World title from me.

Ben: Any tips?

Spike: How about we do this in the ring? I'll give you a few pointers.

Ben's eyes widen.

Ben: Seriously? The SCW Heavyweight champ wants to help me?

Spike smiles and puts a hand on Ben's shoulder.

Spike: Sure, we got time before this show starts.

Twenty minutes later. Spike Staggs stands in the six sided SCW ring. Mickey and Ben talk outside the ring on the ring apron.

Ben: This is a bit of a whirlwind. Forty minutes ago, I didn't even have a match and now I'm about to get in the ring with a former NWA champion. I gotta take this one seriously

Mickey: So no out on the piss tonight?

Ben: Didn't say that, but how often am I gonna have this chance Mickey? If I beat the NWA champion, we go right to the top.

Mickey: We? You go to the top

Ben: We're a team son, if I've put up with you all these years, it's us against the world, know what I'm saying mate?

Spike calls out to Casey.

Spike: Casey, work with Mickey on some stuff, Ben, you getting in here or just gonna stand there chatting?

Mickey: Good luck son.

Ben nods at Mickey, who steps down and moves towards Casey outside the ring and Ben steps in. Ben walks over to Spike but before he can say anything, Spike lifts Ben over with an arm drag and puts on an armbar.

Spike: Rule number one, always be on your guard. People see inexperience and take liberties because you don't know better.

Ben struggles, kicking his legs in the air and rolling on to his knees, but Spike follows his movements and keeps the armbar locked in. Ben gets to his feet and moves towards the ropes and lifts his legs, putting his feet on the ropes and using them as a springboard, pulling Spike over in a flying arm drag. Spike rolls through and gets to his knees.

Spike: You could have ripped your own shoulder out if I didn't see that coming and loosen the grip.

Ben: Gotta take chance if you wanna get somewhere.

Spike: Ripping your shoulder out will get you to the hospital, out of your contracts and on the wrestling scrap heap at this point of your career.

Spike gestures for Ben to charge at him but Ben slides under Spike's legs and pulls them away from him, crashing Spike face first in to the floor, causing a suprise intake of air from the watching members of NXT outside the ring. Ben flips Spike on his back and hooks up his leg, but Spike kicks Ben off, sending him back towards the ropes. Spike springs to his feet and clotheslines Ben to the ground. Ben rolls over and gets to his knees as Spike gets to his feet. Spike attempts a low enziguri to Ben's head but Ben falls flat and quickly hooks up Spike's ankle in an ankle lock, Spike rolls over and kicks Ben in the face causing the hold to be broken. Spike sits up and raises a hand.

Spike: You're working way too fast. You need to take a breath and think about what you're doing. When you work too fast, these experienced NWA guys will just sit back, wait for you to make a mistake and before you know it, you'll be staring at the lights counting your teeth.

Both Spike and Ben get to their feet.

Ben: All part of my game, me old mucker!

Spike: If you move fast like that and not thinking, you got no chance against Sloan.

Ben: Confession time. I don't even know who Sloan is. I don't know where he wrestles usually, but he is not ACW. ACW pisses me off a lot for bringing in these guys for the odd match here and there, half pissing on the hard work I do there every time they need me to. Their main champ is not ACW exclusive, this Sloan guy just shows up and gets me.

Spike: Than you need to stop being naive on this. You need to go home tonight and learn all about Mike Sloan, learn his every move, his every trait, his every weakness or you have no chance at all. Mike Sloan beat me, and I've been around longer than you have. Need to wake up and see how big this opportunity really is for you. If you win this, doors open.

Ben: And if I don't, I go back to facing people once a month, winning and waiting for ACW to bring in someone else I've never heard of.

Spike: You miss the big picture. So say ACW brings in a new guy for you to beat every month, it shows you are beating any one they throw in front of you. Shows your stock is rising and a win here is gonna be huge.

Ben: It's not an ego thing, because for all I have, all I can do, I'm one of the most grounded people in the world. Just tired of people randomly showing up and guys like me and a fella called Magni, who have been there from the start, get buried behind these people.

Spike: Isn't your match main event?

Ben: Co main event, which is fine, but I thought companies get built around commited people, main stays.

Spike smiles at Ben

Spike: Boy, you've got a lot to learn, but that stuff comes with experience. What's your finish?

Ben: Crossface.

Spike: Maybe you need to mix it up. Everyone can see a crossface coming. Need to be a bit more surprising with it.

Ben: How?

Without saying a word, Spike drops down and hooks Ben's foot between his thighs and rolls through, dropping Ben to the ground, rolling up his body and locking Ben in a crossface. Spike releases and stands up.

Spike: Didn't expect that, did ya?

Spike puts his hand down to Ben and pulls Ben to his feet. Ben quickly copies Spike's recent move, locking Spike's foot between his thighs, dropping down and rolling along Spike's body and locking the Crossing Jordan crossface on Spike. Ben releases.

Ben: Did you?

Ben gets to his feet and helps Spike up.

Spike: Just take this match seriously. I never got a chance like this that early in my career.

Ben nods and clicks his fingers, everyone around him freezes in position except Ben.

Ben: I love doing that.

Ben smiles down the camera.

Ben: Honest guv, causes no long term damage.

Ben shrugs

Ben: Well I think so anyway. Anyway, this must be promo time, eh?

Ben walks over, picking up the ACW Maritime Junior Heavyweight title belt and putting it over his shoulder.

Ben: Gonna need this. Right, I'm sure you've had your peepers on this and thinking "By God, that Ben guy is one ungrateful bastard" but you couldn't be further from the truth. I am glad I'm part of ACW, I'm glad someone saw the sense to give me a title shot and I've shown them what I can do. I have proved by holding this belt for the last four months, which will obviously jump in to five months. Yeah, math was always a strong point of mine and I am grateful for this opportunity against Mike Sloan. My issue lies solely in the fact that I have been here for a long time, I have been here pretty much since the start and people just seem to stroll in and fight whenever they want. What about us guys who built this place? Don't we mean a lot anymore?

Ben pulls the title belt up his shoulder.

Ben: In my short time in ACW, I've managed to win this, piss off the top champ, another non exclusive for calling him a geezer and now a shot at the NWA champion, no titles on the line, I get it but me winning should open eyes. This must put J.J in an awkward place. J.J being the NWA guy that he is, where does those loyalties really lie? You see, if I beat the NWA champ, ACW gets put well and truly on the map, J.J should be happy, right? But I bet that NWA heart J.J has is saying "Bloody 'ell, if this guy wins, the NWA world title belt means less. The credible champion just got his arse handed to him by a rookie". So where does this leave you? Can't win, can't lose.

Ben shrugs his shoulders again

Ben: I see the irony of this, but you smart geezers out there, will clock on to this one. I'm an ACW star, in an SCW ring, talking about, from what I told, I don't know, they could be pulling my plank here, but talking about a guy connected with WCCW wrestler. Ok, wise people, can you clock on to the reason I'm doing this? Go on, take your time.

Ben looks at an invisible watch for a few seconds before looking back up.

Ben: Ok, time's up. Let's see if you smart blokes and birds got this one right. I do NOT see this as a ACW match, it's stupid to think that. This guy has a match last week against Kai Kennedy, another guy who I don't associate with ACW, because he may have that title belt, but we all know he's more of a BACW boy, and not ACW. ACW is his second, third, fouth, twentieth priority in the wrestling world, everyone knows that. To me, on an ACW show, not an ACW match. Kennedy BEATS the NWA champ, no major surprises, Kennedy is Kennedy, as much as he needs an East London to whatever dictionary, the fella is annoyingly everywhere, because he is in demand for his skills. Not a fed in the alliance that hasn't seen his face. Anyway, a BACW beats an NWA champion connected with WCCW, in an ACW ring, now that NWA champion connected with WCCW is facing a real ACW star, but he's talking about it in an SCW ring, this is NOT about ACW, it's about the Alliance.

Ben pauses for breath

Ben: Thinking back, that's a lot of initials but my point is, you can call this an ACW match all you want, but this is about alliance pride, the pride I have in ACW, the urge to defend it against these bellends who just appear from elsewhere to make names for themselves. The only match I will legitimately see as an ACW match is myself Vs Magni, because we are the guys who this place should be built on. Magni, tough luck last week by the way son, you tried hard.

Ben nods.

Ben: Mike Sloan, you are not ACW, you are just another outsider I have to defend the pride of ACW against. It never looks good when someone just appears from somewhere else and tries to make us look bad. NWA world champion or not, doesn't mean a lot. I know this is the biggest match of my career in terms of opponent. The guy you beat is right there

Ben points at the frozen Spike Staggs.

Ben: I know it takes a lot to beat a guy like him, but I'm gonna be a different prospect. I'm fighting for the pride of ACW, because if I won't, no one will. Yes, I am that guy, I should be the poster boy of ACW. I should be the one ACW should build the company around, but let's not worry about that right now. The truth is Mike, you're an invader to me, someone who's coming in to take what they want and piss off without a regard of what's left. I like to stop people like that, I like to stop people from doing things like that. On the twenty third Mike, I will make sure I would have seen you off. ACW rookie one, NWA World champion zero.

Ben steps closer to the camera.

Ben: Sorry Mike, not gonna let this chance to beat you, slip away. Guess you're just unlucky my old son!

Ben winks at the camera and clicks his fingers, causing everyone to start moving around as normal
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:27:24 PM by Mark Ward »
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!