Author Topic: Writing, and writing, and writing, and writing  (Read 921 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Writing, and writing, and writing, and writing
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »
 One year ago, I started writing this diary thing. Look back, do some homework, I wrote my first ever one for High Stakes I. I like retro, so hey, why not write another, a year on from when things started. I won the heavyweight title if you remember right back then. I may have mentioned it.

Sunday 28th October 2012

Climax Control was simply bizarre for me. I first watch Odette in a graveyard match, and me nowhere around to be there for her, which I'd like to say I'm gutted about. Where was I when Odette was being scared out of her wits? I was playing around in a haunted house. Honestly, my mind was distracted and focused all in one, does that make any sense? It was like I was in that haunted house on auto pilot while my mind was with my girlfriend. My mind is with my girlfriend a lot, but when I saw what was happening, what was going on with there, my heart dropped to the point of almost falling out of my chest.

You'd think I'd be running to her right after Climax Control, right? Wrong. Due to my own stupidity and believe it or not, I'm stupid as shit a lot, I forget the laptop I need to sit and do a web chat I promised to do months ago. How was I to know Odette would end up needing me more than she's ever needed me and I wasn't there? To say I'm slightly gutted is an understatement. I feel like I've let her down, like I should be there and I wasn't. I took it in the neck when I got home.

Odette was in the middle of a rant or something when I got in, and yeah, I took the fall a little there because she needed me, and I wasn't there. Thankfully, I know how to get her smiling again and I did.

The web chat was a good experience, lots of good questions. I hope I got the answers across well considering my mind was not there. Lots of questions about Odette and marriage, kids and last names. Someday, I'd love that stuff.

Despy is being weird too. Every now and again, he keeps drifting off in to his own little world, like no one else is around. I don't know why but it seems strange to me. It's like the little fella has lost his spark a bit. Synn picked him up not long ago and he still seemed slightly off. I will be calling Synn tomorrow, to make sure he's ok.

Monday 29th October 2012

Woke up next to Odette, well woke up by Odette kissing me. If this can happen for the rest of my life, I will be eternally grateful. Had one of those special moments with her this morning, where we just laid and looked at each other, like reality just faded away, like there was no world, just me and her. I could have told her I loved her a million times in that time, but I didn't have to, it was there in the air. I do love her so much, more than I actually tell her but this time, didn't need to say a word.

Saw the supercard line up, gonna be a hell of a show. A match with four original SCW superstars that debuted on card number one is nice. Despayre and I have done so much in a year. You know, I sit thinking how my life has changed in the last year, having Odette in it, but it has for Despy too. In the last year, he found out that Synn is his dad and his mum has returned to the scene. It's a huge thing for him.

Training day with Odette. Seems like she got herself caught out, going for the boss is never a smart idea or mocking him but he caught her and made the rule for her supercard match that she can only win that title by submission. O's a flyer, one of the best I've seen, but submission moves not her style. I admit, not mine either but I will help her the best I can, but I sense trouble here. Every time I wrap my arms around her, I'm gonna wanna kiss her. Gotta resist that...

Ok, I couldn't resist that after all. Could not resist kissing her, she's gorgeous. She's taking this way too seriously, but it's one of the reasons I do love her, her determination.

Called Synn, said Despy had a nightmare. I needed to speak to him soon, so I swung by this morning to see what was going on there. We made some party plans for Angel's birthday, yeah, you heard me, Angel's birthday.

Tuesday 30th October 2012

Decided to get Odette away from everything today, took her to the lake, then set it on fire and walked through it. Odette wasn't happy but I proved I'd walk through fire to just hold her hand for a few seconds.  She gave me the evils for that for a while, but we sat around after and just talked about everything. I tried to ask a couple of questions with the future in mind, but I think she's wise to me. Get the feeling I will have to work hard to get that yes I want in the future

We sat for hours just talking. You know it's nice to take a break from all we do to just sit and  be us, if only for a little while. O came up with a great idea that I should cut a promo down by the river and talk. So I got in a camera crew to come join us and I sat and talked. I still find it weird to have Odette there when I shoot these things. I have to stop myself looking away from the camera to see her pretty smile. I should get a second camera on her to see her reaction to what I say. I hope she is smiling when she sees me do what I do. I just hope she smiles a lot, it suits her.

Planned on swinging by Synn's on the way back but time marched on, so we went home and sat in front of a fire with just us. Not sure where Mel was, but it was nice just having us two there. Almost like everything was just perfect. If I could freeze a certain moment in time, it would have been that moment.

Wednesday 31st October 2012

Sent in my promo for editing. I watched it back, I like it but I feel like I could have done more. I always think that though. Up until last night, haven't really thought much about Blade Alexander and DJ Williams. I'm not taking them lightly but I tend to focus more in week two of supercard build up. Week one, I like to recover and have a little fun. It puts me in the right mindset for the supercard, makes me ready to go.

It's Halloween, trick or treat? Never been a big fan of this "holiday". Maybe because I'm an adult or something. Maybe someday when I have kids and such, that will change. Living off the beaten track means we don't get many trick or treaters up here, but I still bought candy. I wonder why and trust me, I'm looking very innocent while I'm writing this. What? I really am

Kicking back watching Supernatural, Odette is not impressed, banging on about True Blood being better. She's lucky I love her cause this one would have been a deal breaker. If you're reading this, just kidding baby.

Thursday 1st November 2012

Caught some of the promos showing for High Stakes II, some funny stuff.

Finally got around to swinging by Synn's place. Despy seems so different. Synn thinks it's to do with being trapped in that haunted house has pushed up some memories and it's given him nightmares. Offered to do all I can to help him out. It's the least I could do. Seems like his party plans are distracting him a little bit, which is a good thing. You should see the guest list. He really has invited the Queen

Friday 2nd November 2012

And the promo is now live. Hope everyone likes it, the effort went in to it so hope it's appreciated.

Football Manager 2013 came out today. I'm a little torn today. Usually, I'd sit here for hours sitting and playing this bad boy. Hours turn in to days, and sleepless nights on this thing trying to turn Millwall in to legends, but not this year. I'll find time to sit and play around with the thing when Odette is busy and I have a few less commitments.

Saturday 3rd November 2012

Decided to take a little bit of a drive today out to Henderson to see Kittie and Jamie Staggs. Kittie was so happy to see Odette and I, she held that hug for what felt like hours. I know she's always welcome to be where ever we are but she's got that motherly instinct right now, doesn't wanna travel too much, she's changed a lot. Just kidding, she hasn't changed, she's still crazier than a bag full of squirrels, but she is still our Kittie. I got to hang with Jamie for a while, just playing around on his Xbox, while Kittie and Odette spoke for a while. Kittie was talking about how their place was too small to have a kid there, so I did a good deed I think. I offered them my penthouse till they found somewhere bigger. That place is big enough, I rarely use it for anything now, but Kittie was a little weary of being so high up. If it was up to Jamie, I think he woulda had his bags packed in half an hour and been gone. I left it down to them to decide, it's theirs if they want it. Nice guy, aren't I?

Sunday 4th November 2012

Woke up in a shit mood today, absolutely shit. Every ounce of negativity I've had in my life - mistrust, abuse, generally stomping me down - came flooding back and kicked the daylights out of me. Knew I had to get rid of the feeling before Odette woke up, not a nice place to really be and I didn't wanna let her see that shit. She has a lot of her own stuff to deal with, so I got up, threw on a pair of shorts and trainers and went out running. Didn't put on a shirt, no music, just run in the pissing down rain. Behind where we live, we have a big forest area, neither of us had ventured in there until today, and I just ran through the thing, punching branches out the way as I went. Let me tell you this, Supernatural writers could get a lot of ideas from this place. I ran through the rain hitting me for about five miles and came to a road. Looked around, no idea where I even was but knew roughly what direction I came from. I wasn't even in the mood to deal with people. High school kids pull up in a car and know who I am, asked me if I wanted a ride but I didn't. I ran the road, doing all I can to burn this hate outta me. Five miles or so later, was back in the house. It's lucky we have that spa room. I stood under the shower, washing away the rain, the sweat, the lousy mood, but it did nothing for me. I ended up sitting in the huge spa tub thing, eyes closed, not thinking about a lot, more trying to clear my mind from the crap that had taken over it. I didn't even hear Odette come in the room, or even get in the tub with me. I woke up with her leaning against me. I'm not sure she even knew I was running for miles, but it was nice to sit there and be with her, rubbing her shoulders and talking. I would like to write more about what happened after this part, but as Odette puts it, this is where things would turn in to Fifty Shades....

Finally caught up on some promos today too. I'm part impressed, part disappointed, thought there's be more than there is but I think that's because High Stakes is like our Wrestlemania and well, the effort isn't going in to do it justice from some. Effort in from me though, nothing less than two hundred percent.

Also worked a show Bo Dreamwolf put together for the Hurricane relief fund. I owed Bo one for cracking his tooth on Climax Control so I busted my arse in a thirty minute draw with Bad Medicine (Shane Boswell and Jason Adams). I've never competitively put myself in a ring with Shane or Jason, but I understand how Shane makes his moves look so realistic, because they are real. He puts more intensity in to every move he did and Jason is seriously wasted as a commentator, he should be back in the ring rather than playing with a microphone. The show was awesome, the guys in the back were so thankful that a great crowd turned out and a lot of the guys who haven't wrestled in a while, pulled back on the trunks and boots. Even Christian Underwood teamed with The Big Pump and Synn wrestled too. That was a sight well worth seeing too, these guys need to wrestle on SCW TV. Even Fantasia ended up back in the ring. I think if it comes down to it, all Sins wrestling in the future is not entirely out of the question. Oh, and saw someone Synn once told me about, a guy called the Rajin Cajun, Brian DuFuria, he is the craziest guy I've ever seen. He made normal hardcore matches look like figure skating. The guy is brutal as hell. SCW needs to sign this guy, he's mental!

Monday 5th November 2012

Ok, it's Monday, it's time to really focus on next weekend, on the next show so it's time to work with people to draw strength from each other. It's the only way Despayre and I will keep our gold and Rage will fire himself back to the top where he belongs. No offense to NXT or Hot Stuff's new lot, but the Sins don't just show up and say "Yay, we're a stable", the Sins are family and supercards are when the family get together properly and fight for each other. A lot of people don't realize just how important it is to have a good team behind you, with a wealth of experience. The reason the Sins are so successful is because of the people behind us, so this week, it's time to hang with the Sins and get things flying again, starting with today, a meeting with Shane.

Shane and I spoke about how to make Despayre and I more of a team. Not that there is anything wrong with Despayre and I as a team, we're fine but when you stop trying to improve, you become stale, you become dull. Shane looked at me like I was crazy and came up with some new stuff, also told me and Despy to go out tomorrow and create a little chaos to relax and get chilled out before what he sees, as our biggest title defense to date. He is right, it is our biggest title defense to date, I know Blade and DJ have gone off the biol slightly since being back in SCW but it doesn't make them any less dangerous, they're still two top single guys, if they can put it together as a team, they could be something big in SCW, but it's a big if. They both have their own egos and both want the glory. That could cause their downfall, but just to be safe, we need to get ourselves in a good mood and be ready for whatever they throw at us.

Tuesday 6th November 2012

Hung with Despy today and we did cause a little madness on the Vegas strip. There was this guy standing around, clearly homeless and what not, depending on the kindness of strangers to help him out. He had a cup in his hand with some change in and kept saying "spare change" over and over. Despy thought he was handing it out, took from the cup thanked him, and looked at me and said "I don't know why this guy doesn't want this change, he could buy something with it". I laughed like crazy but put ten bucks in his cup before walking away. Gotta admit though, was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The look on the guys face was priceless. This is why I like just hanging with Despayre, he has a way of making things entertaining out of nowhere. I guess that's why we've made a successful team for years, because it just works

We have a party soon, wonder if the Queen really did get the invitation and is showing up....

Had a meeting with Fantasia today, needed to talk moves. What a lot of people don't seem to get or understand is that Fantasia has forgot more about wrestling, than most people will ever learn. She has a mind like a wrestling encyclopedia. I am so sick of others using my damn finish, I was here before all these people but they never look to see if they're stealing a move, so it's time to be original and creative and come up with something new. I've looked at what everyone in SCW does and once again, I'm gonna be original. I sat down with Fantasia and we came up with a couple of amazingly good moves, including new tag team moves for Despayre and I. We're looking at showing some of these off at High Stakes II. The first time I hit my new one, people are gonna hold there head in sympathy pain.

Wednesday 7th November 2012

Wow! This could possibly be one of the craziest day of my life. Absolutely crazy. Here's how it all started...

I woke up with the most gorgeous eyes in the world staring at me again. It's something I will honestly never tire of.  She kissed me, I can't tell you what happened right after that because well, you know where I'm going with this, right? After that, we spoke about getting away, Sweden was mentioned and well, could be anywhere in the world with Odette and still be the happiest man alive. I think we will be making a trip to Sweden soon, can imagine it now. Snow, hot fires and lots and lots of loving my baby. Sadly, I couldn't dwell on that for now, cause I had to think about today. I made a promise to Synn I have to keep. Let's call this next part, operation distract Despy.

We took him to the mall. When I say we, I mean myself, Odette and Melody took him to the mall, and what a mistake that was. I chased that guy around the mall for hours so Synn could set up this birthday party. I ran up the escalator, he slide down the escalator. I even thought I found a way to slow him down and calm him down but I was wrong. We ended up in a pet store. You think I woulda learned from Rage about Despayre and animals but decided I knew best. I did not know best, guess who is now the proud owner of a litter of kittens. Yep, that would be me. Odette and Melody went all swooney over them and if you excuse the animal puns here, went all puppy dog eyes on me, and now I have kittens, lots and lots of kittens. Kittens everywhere, kittens running around my living room. At least Odette and Melody are smiling like the proverbial Cheshire cat. Guess I should be glad to have these smiles lighting up the room. Certainly brightens up the place.

And now the reason we were distracting Despayre to start with "Angel's" birthday party. Despayre invited the entire SCW roster, had to keep an eye out to stop trouble, but the roster was there. There was a couple of surprise for our little buddy, his grandmother showed up as a surprise. He hasn't seen her in a while and there was a lot of comical moments, especially when he thought someone bought Angel an old lady for his birthday. Then things became a little weird because one of Despayre's long distance guests turned up. Picture the scene, my hands moving down Odette back, getting closer to well.... you know and a little posh English accent says "Hello Gabriel, awfully good to see you again" I turn around and there's the Queen staring up at me. That's right, the Queen of England was standing right there in front of me! I haven't seen her in a while, but the Queen was at Despayre's, well Angel's birthday. To say I nearly choked was an understatement. There was me, my hand almost on my girlfriends arse and the Queen of England says hello. No doubt I will be telling the grandkids that story. Ok, maybe when they get a little older.

All in all, one hell of a crazy day, but I got to end it the way I started it, looking in to the most gorgeous eyes in the world

Thursday 8th November 2012

Ok, so now is the time where we get in to a lot more focus about my opponents. I actually sat down and saw Blade's promo from last week today. Underwhelmed really is the right word. I expected so much more than what I saw. I had to re-watch it a couple of times just to see if I was actually seeing what I was seeing. I was so disappointed in that promo, it's like he's just given up on everything. He's given up on himself, his team and sounds like the company. I was seriously surprised at his lack of passion and over the top self pity on himself.

Focusing on relationships in SCW rather than glory, the tag titles or anything else. He's sitting there rambling on about Jerry Springer style here. Why? I mean seriously why? I look around SCW, I see a lot of good healthy relationships. Blade just sounds like a miserable old man who hasn't had female attention for years or something. Hey buddy, focus on Despayre and I, focus on impressing. What the hell Misty has to do with this match. I get the feeling Blade might be a little bit obsessed with Misty. I think Blade might be having one too many fantasies about the pasty in need of a suntan chick. He still has his sharp tongue but he's wasting it on pointless crap rather than us. Already this fight is over, already in his mind, he's lost this battle, because he's not focusing on what right in front of him, but more on what's going on in the distance, on the sidelines.

I don't know who he's trying to convince that the company was better when he main evented. The truth is, he didn't care about main eventing SCW, but this is a man who walked out on SCW, and comes back expecting things to be handed to him. He can justify our title reign however he wants but the truth of the matter is no one is good enough to take our gold. If he's all that and then some, shouldn't he be taking our tag gold? He can't because he's not good enough.

Talks about how he and DJ are just thrown together here with no build up.... hey bellend, do you want someone to wipe your arse for you too? If you want something in wrestling, you go get it, you go make it happen. I guess Blade's daddy didn't teach him everything he needed to know about wrestling. You could go out and make it happen, or you can wait for the last minute and moan and bitch about it. Choosing the latter just makes you look stupid. So you wanna look grounded and normal. Just a guy that turns up and kicks people's arse, go back home to a rough little area in a little apartment. Is this by choice? I mean do people choose to live in these places if they have the talent to step up and make a difference? Here's some good advice to Mr Alexander - stop being a bitch, stop wasting your own talent by crying about everything. No one wants to build a company around a baby. If you're as good as you say you are, prove it, step up and make a difference, instead of crying about it. I'd much rather look back on life and say "Man, I can't believe I did that" rather than "I wish I did that". In other words, make change happen yourself. If you're really that good, stop crying about it and step up.

Anyone would think he's owed something here. Still, overall, a very disappointing promo from someone I expected so much more from.

Friday 9th November 2012

This is the part where I would have spoke about DJ Williams, but well, I guess he's disappointed me more than Blade. Week one, silent, and now as I'm writing this, still nothing from him. DJ, you have let the fans down, you have let yourself down and you've let Blade down. I now get why Blade is so pissed off at this match. He knew you wouldn't show up, I see it now Blade and I'm sorry for being harsh on you a little because you knew when you saw the card, you was doomed. I now actually feel sorry for you for having to team with DJ. I'll make this one fair to Blade. If Blade ever wants a legit shot at these titles with a partner who can actually show up enough, I will gladly put the titles on the line. I know Despayre won't mind if I say that. The titles will go on the line against you and someone of your choosing, someone trustworthy.

Not gonna cross out what I wrote about Blade, but at least I get it now. I get it oh too much. The success of Sinful Obsession is based on trust and well, it's obvious DJ can not be trusted. No matter, I hope he turns up at the show and I hope Blade gets the chance to confront him, I hope I get the chance to confront him.

I guess it shows on the grand scale of things, I'm lucky with what I have. I have a trust worthy tag team partner, I have trustworthy girlfriend. I have a group around me who are family to me. With all the money, fame and recognition I got, wouldn't mean a thing without the people around me. Life would be shitty without them in there and well, I got it all right now.

Well two days to go till I mark the anniversary of my heavyweight title win, ok, I know it's already been a year, but this show was where I won it. I think this is where we start a streak. I refuse to lose at any High Stakes shows, and this one will be two in a row.

I will see you all on Sunday, until then, time for a bit of that white noise and radio silence

The sound of a book is heard shutting
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>