Author Topic: Finally Back Home... or Maybe Not.  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Finally Back Home... or Maybe Not.
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
 The scene opens up in Los Angeles, California, outside of what is easily recognizable as the rather large and impressive home of SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones.  After just a few moments, a car is seen pulling up into the driveway and out steps a man dressed in a high end suit and a briefcase in hand.  The man, on closer inspection, is none other than Nick's own personal talent agent, Jimmy "Money" Mason.  Jimmy makes a bee-line straight for the front door and walks right in.

The scene then cuts inside, into the living room where Nick Jones is seen sitting on a large leather couch, with his feet up on his coffee table as he watches a recording of this past Sunday's SCW Climax Control on his 70-inch LED television.  After a moment, Jimmy walks into the room and comes right up next to the couch where Nick is seated and just stands there, seemingly waiting to get the attention of Nick.  Nick's eyes only dart away from the TV for just a moment as he looks towards Jimmy before waving his hand in his direction, motioning him towards the other couch right next to the one he is seated on.  Jimmy doesn't react, as he continues to stand there waiting and after a few moments, Nick glares back at Jimmy, this time clearly seeming rather annoyed as he snaps at Jimmy in a rather stern tone.

Nick:  Sit!!

Jimmy seems taken back, but quickly listens to his boss and takes a seat on the other couch, placing his briefcase down next to him.  After a few more moments, the match Nick was in the middle of watching comes to an end, at which point Nick grabs the TV remote and pauses the show.  Nick then takes his feet off the table, placing back down on the floor as he leans forward and turns his attention to Jimmy.

Nick:  So what do you want?

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, how's it going?  I haven't seen you since the big supercard, where have you been?  You didn't show up there last week.

Jimmy motions towards the TV, clearly referring to Nick's lack of appearance at Sunday's Climax Control.

Nick:  Yeah, so?  I wasn't booked on the show, and I was far too busy celebrating to waste my time showing up there for those clowns.  In case you didn't notice, I once again walked into a show as SCW Champion to face off against some punk who couldn't stop running his mouth, and I walked out still as the Heavyweight champion, and SCW's longest reigning champion of all time.

Jimmy:  I know it, baby.  It's great.  You're money and everybody knows it.

Nick:  Damn right.  So why are you here anyway?

Jimmy:  Well I was contacted since nobody had heard from you, and apparently you received a challenge.

Nick:  Tell me something, I don't already know, I received a bunch of challenges.

Nick motions towards the TV, pointing out the multiple challenges made to him for his championship over the past week in SCW.

Jimmy:  Actually Nicky, none of those are the challenge I'm talking about.  You have a challenge for this coming Sunday.

Nick:  Well whatever, I'm just glad we're finally back in Nevada and don't have to deal with all of this traveling around nonsense.  Whatever one of these clowns wants to step in the ring with me, I'll be more than happy to put them in their place.  I've already proven there's not a soul in SCW who stands a chance against me.

Jimmy:  Well about that, it's not in Nevada and it's not in SCW.

Nick:  What the hell are you talking about?

Jimmy:  It's an NeWA challenge.  When the April rankings for the NeWA World title came out you moved up to number three in the rankings, and you were challenged for your spot.

Nick:  Number three, huh?  Well they're clearly starting to learn, although that's still two spots lower than I should be.  Although if the NeWA and SCW really knew what they were doing, I'd already be the champion, but we'll get there soon enough.  Anyway, as far as this challenge match goes, I really don't care if it's not anyone from SCW, I can take on any of these clowns from anywhere in NeWA.  I'm just glad to be home.

Jimmy:  Yeah, but you know it's not going to be in Nevada, right?

Nick:  Obviously, but at least we're home in the good ole U.S. of A.  I mean, this match is still going to be in this country, right?

Jimmy:  Well, I guess technically yes, but...

Nick:  Then there you go, I'm happy just with that.  No more of this overseas crap in front of these damn foreign crowds.

Jimmy:  Well yeah, but the thing is...

Nick continues to just talk straight through Jimmy, not even listening as he attempts to clarify the situation.

Nick:  It's amazing how suddenly now that we're not overseas in front of those damn foreign crowds people suddenly get brave enough to lay out a challenge.  I guess people are just too damn embarrassed to get smacked around the ring by yours truly in front of the entire world, but feel much better off when they have it happen in front of their own little local regional crowds of scum.

Jimmy:  Right, but you should just know that...

Nick:  That's just fine with me though, I'm thrilled to not have to deal with this jumping around on all of these long ass flights all over the place.  Keep it in this country and I'm a happy man.

Jimmy:  But Nicky...

Nick:  WHAT?!?

Nick angrily glares at Jimmy, obviously unhappy about his numerous interruptions.

Jimmy:  Well it's not exactly your regular US trip.

Nick:  Oh geez, it's not in Hawaii or Alaska is it?

Jimmy:  Well no, but...

Nick:  Then what's the problem?  It'll be fine.

Jimmy:  But Nicky, it's in Puerto Rico.

With that, Nick suddenly gets quiet as he just shoots Jimmy an odd look, seeming not quite sure what to even say for a moment.

Nick:  Puerto Rico?  What the hell are you talking about?  I thought you said it was in the US.

Jimmy:  Well it is.  Puerto Rico is a US commonwealth.

Nick:  I don't give me that nonsense, it might as well be another foreign country just like that garbage tour I had to deal with.  What a load of crap.

Jimmy:  Well do you want to turn down the challenge then?

Nick:  Are you kidding me?  I don't turn down challenges.  Fine, I guess I just have to go kick someone's ass in front of a whole new country full of people now.

Jimmy:  Well it's not really a new country.

Nick:  Oh shut up.  How did this happen anyway?

Jimmy:  Well the guy who challenged you is from the NeWA federation the PRA, Puerto Rico Association.

Nick:  Who is it that challenge me anyway?

Jimmy:  His name is apparently Canadian Crippler.

Nick:  Canadian Crippler?  What the hell are you talking about?  Is this damn place in Puerto Rico or Canada?

Jimmy:  It's in Puerto Rico, but I guess the guy is Canadian.

Nick:  Why the hell would he do that?  You know what, forget it.  It doesn't matter what this guy's name is or where he's challenging me to face him, the truth is he clearly has absolutely no idea what he's getting himself into.  I'm the SCW Heavyweight Champion, the longest reigning champion this company has ever seen.  Not only that, I have an undefeated singles record in SCW.  I've sent wrestler after wrestler running screaming out of SCW with their pants soaked in urine after stepping into the ring with me.  This clown has absolutely no idea what he's gotten himself into, but he's about to find out real damn quick.  I mean, who the hell is this guy anyway?

Nick looks to Jimmy, hoping for some further clarification, but Jimmy seems unsure, responding only with a shrug.

Nick:  Exactly.  I'm the very best of the best, and nobody knows who this fool even is.  The only thing that will change about that any time is his name will be known after this week, known as the most recent person who tried and failed when stepping into the ring with the SCW champ.  Now if we're done here, can I go back to watching the rest of this?

Jimmy:  I just need to get a quick signature from you verify this rankings challenge match.

Jimmy reaches into his briefcase pulling out a contract, he starts to pass it over to Nick who proceeds to tear it straight out of his hands and then motions for a pen which Jimmy proceeds to toss to him.  Nick flips straight to the back page of the contract and goes to sign, but before he has a chance is interrupted by Jimmy.

Jimmy:  Aren't you going to read the contract, Nicky?

After a brief moment of hesitation, Nick looks up from the contract right at Jimmy.

Nick:  You read it, didn't you?

Jimmy:  Well... yeah.

Nick:  Good, then there's nothing for me to worry about, right?

Jimmy:  Well I guess not, it's just that...

Nick:  That's good enough for me, and if there's anything wrong with this contract it's your ass.  It's not like I'm letting that dumbass cousin of mine sign it for me or anything.

With that, Nick turns back to the contract and quickly signs it before taking the contract and the pen and throwing them both back at Jimmy.  Nick then grabs the TV remote and hits play to resume his watching of last week's Climax Control.  Jimmy picks the contract and pen up, putting them back into his briefcase before grabbing it and standing up.  Jimmy then gets up and walks towards Nick, outstretching his hand seemingly looking to shake it before leaving, but Nick doesn't even bother looking away from the TV long enough to acknowledge it.  After a few moments of standing there with his hand out, Jimmy eventually gives up, turning and walking away, leaving Nick alone to continue to watch the show as the scene fades.

The scene opens up back at Los Angeles International Airport, in the waiting area at one of the airport gates.  A quick look at the board at the gate shows the next flight is headed to Puerto Rico, and as the shot pans out, SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones is seen sitting at the gate, along with all of the members of his entourage, which includes his agent Jimmy as well as his girlfriend Diana Roberts, his cousin Bernard "Big B" Jones, his accountant Max Goldstein, and his hired muscle Tony Capicelli.  As they all sit in a row Nick has his arm Diana, while looking around at the rest of the group.  Tony and Jimmy are engaged in some conversation while Max seems to be doing what he does best, as he sorts through all sorts of various paperwork while waiting for the flight.  However, it is Nick's cousin Big B that gets his attention, as he continues to stare so intently at his cell phone, as he types away on it.  After a few moments of looking at him curiously, Nick eventually speaks up.

Nick:  Hey B.

B doesn't acknowledge that Nick has said anything to him, seemingly too engrossed in whatever it is he is doing to even realize he is being spoken to.  Nick looks rather annoyed, as he tries again.

Nick:  Big man, I'm talking to you over here!

Again, B doesn't seem to be at all aware that he's being spoke to, as he continues to stare at his phone, punching away at the keys.  Nick now seems all that much more frustrated, as his face starts to turn red.

Nick: B!!!

With Big B once again not reacting, Nick has decided he has enough, as he leans over towards his cousin and then proceeds to reach over and smack the cell phone right out of Big B's hand, knocking it to the ground.  Big B immediately scrambles to pick the phone back up, and looks to Nick rather confused.

Big B:  What was that for?

Nick:  I was trying to talk to you here!

Big B:  Well why didn't you just say so?

Nick:  You're kidding me, right?

Nick turns to Diana as he shakes in disbelief.

Nick:  I mean, he's got to be kidding me, right?

Diana only shrugs in response, clearly not sure what to say about Nick's rather unintelligent, but extremely large, cousin.  With that, Nick turns back to Big B.

Nick:  What are you doing on that thing that has you so enthralled anyway?

Big B:  Um... nothing.

Nick:  What do you mean, nothing?  Give me that.

Big B tries to pull it away, but it's too late as Nick has already reached over and quickly snags it out of B's hand.  Nick looks at the phone and just starts shaking his head back and forth before looking back at B.

Nick:  Twitter?  Seriously?  I thought we were done with this nonsense.

Big B:  No way, it's totally cool.  You need to join!  All of the big SCW superstars are doing it you know.

Nick:  Well I'm the biggest there is, and I'm not doing it, so that's all that really matters.  Got it?

Big B:  Yeah, I guess.

Nick:  Maybe instead of staring at your stupid phone and going on some idiotic website, you can actually try this novel new concept called speaking.  It's amazing how there's this way to have social interaction when face to face with a person.  I know that may be hard to believe, but I promise you it works.

Big B:  Yeah, but it's just a really cool way to keep up with people when you don't see them and let everyone know what you're doing.

Nick:  Oh yeah, you have such an exciting life that everyone needs to know what you're doing at all times.  Give me a break.  What kind of nonsense are you even saying on this thing anyway?

With Nick saying that, Big B tries to get his phone back from Nick, but Nick quickly pulls it away and then starts going further into Big B's twitter to check out what exactly he's been doing on it.  After a few moments, Nick looks rather annoyed as he holds up the phone towards B.

Nick:  Really? Really?!?

A closer look at the phone shows that Big B has been tweeting back and forth with fellow SCW superstar, and easily one of Nick's least favorite people, Despayre.

Big B:  What?  After us not going to the show last week and us going to Puerto Rico this week, it's way too long without seeing each other.  So we're catching up on twitter.

Nick:  Yeah whatever, just as long as I don't have to have that nutjob anywhere near me I guess that's something.  Here's an idea, if you want to make things interesting, how about you start tweeting about my match Sunday.

Big B:  What would I even say?

Nick:  What would you say?  I think it's rather simple.  You can say how some clueless fool mindlessly challenged me to a match, got it booked in his own company so that the rest of the roster could see it, and got it booked for the main event.  Which means that everyone who watches that program of theirs is going to see yours truly beat the ever loving hell out of this loser right in the middle of his own very ring.  It really should be a site to see.  I'm so used to beating anyone and everyone who dares step into our SCW ring, it will be nice to mix it up a lot and embarrass someone new at someplace new for a change.  You know, mix things up.

Big B:  I don't think I am allowed to write a tweet that long.

Nick:  Yeah, well I don't think you could handle spelling some of those words either, so why don't you just go with an abridged version.

Big B looks at Nick blankly, seeming to not get what Nick just said.

Nick:  A short version, you dolt.

Big B: Oh... right.  Ok.

Nick:  While you're at it, how about you shoot out a little message to all of the twitter world giving out your public apology.

Big B:  Apology for what?

Nick:  You know exactly what.  That little stunt you pulled at London Brawling.

Big B:  The workout with Angel?

Nick:  No, not your playing with a stupid teddy bear, I'm talking about you taking Rage's side in my match.

Big B:  What do you mean?  I didn't do anything!

Nick:  Exactly!  I don't pay you to stand there and do absoluetly nothing, you know.

Big B:  Yeah, I know.  But he's a friend of my friend, so I didn't want to do anything to upset him.

Nick:  Well that's too damn bad.  I've told you this before, I don't want you hanging out with that psycho Despayre to begin with, but if you're going to do it, it's going to be on your own time, and it better not affect the job I pay you to do.  You got it?

Big B lowers his head as he's admonished by his cousin, before quietly mumbling out a response.

Big B:  Yes, I got it.

Nick:  Good, now run off and make your little twitter apology.  I'm tired of talking to you.

Without saying another word, Big B sits back in his chair, just as Nick tosses B's cell phone back into his lap.  Big B picks it up and starts to type away as Nick turns his attention back to Diana.

Nick:  I swear, sometimes these people just drive me nuts.

Diana:  That's what you get for hiring that idiot cousin of yours.  I'm pretty sure half the time he doesn't even know what most of the words you use mean.

Nick:  Of course not, that's part of the fun of it, but frankly he's here for his size and muscle and more often than not, he puts it to good use.  Frankly, the last thing I want him to do is any thinking.

Diana:  So then I guess it works that he's not really capable of doing any.

Nick:  My point exactly.

Before the conversation can continue any further, "Cocky" by Kid Rock is suddenly heard playing, and at that point Nick reaches into his pocket and pulls out his cell phone, as it quickly becomes clear that the sound is his phones ringtone.  Nick picks up the phone and begins to speak.

Nick:  Hey limey, how's it going?

Nick listens in response, as it's clear the call is from none other than SCW Co-Owner and friend of Nick's, "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward.  After a few moments of listening, Nick starts to speak again.

Nick:  Yeah, I'm at the airport now.  Getting ready to head off to Puerto Rico.

Nick pauses again for a few moments before responding again.

Nick:  Yeah, but it can't be much worse than those holes we've spent time in back in Nevada, right?  It doesn't really matter where their from, I'm more than used to wrestling in front of the useless trash that populates those crowds, this will be no different.  The only difference may be it's a different group of people watching me wipe the floor with some different clown in a different ring.  In the end, I'll still just be showing some new people the same exact thing, that being, that I'm the best.

Nick stops speaking again, as he listens to Mark's response to him, before following up again a few moments later.

Nick:  Some guy named "Canadian Crippler".  I don't know, don't ask me.  You figure if you're going to rip off some former WWE guy, you'd pick a better option than a pile of garbage who went out the way that guy did.  This guy must be a real winner if he's even willing to have anything associated with a guy who did the disgusting crap that guy did.  Let's be honest here buddy, me and you are hardly saints, but even that's way beyond anything I could ever even imagine.  The good news is that in all likelihood, when I'm done with him he'll be so embarrassed by the beating he's going to take that he'll probably be changing his name just so nobody realizes it's him.

Nick listens again for a few moments, letting out a quick laugh at some comment from Mark before responding again.

Nick:  Yeah well, they're going to be in for quite a night, that's for sure.  They'll probably have ratings and attendance unlike anything they've ever had in their history.  On the flip side, with two back to back weeks without me, I'm just hoping SCW is still in business by the time I get back.

Nick suddenly pulls the phone away from his ear for a few moments as some screaming can be heard coming from the other end.  As the screaming dies down, Nick brings the phone back to his ear.

Nick:  Oh, calm down, it was a joke.  Besides, I'll be more than happy to bless your little show with my presence.  I'll do one of those satellite interviews for you before the show starts over at PRA.  I mean, sure it's not the same thing as me being there, but just showing my beautiful face on there will make you a ton more money without breaking a sweat.  You know what, it looks like they're actually about to start boarding, so I'm going to let you go.  I'll talk to you later buddy, try not to get yourself into too much trouble with me around.

With that Nick hangs up his phone and puts it away.  Just at that moment, the airport employee that had walked up to the counter a moment earlier starts to speak over the PA system.

Airline Employee:  We will now be boarding all first class passengers for flight 1362 to Puerto Rico.

With that, Nick stands up, followed immediately by Diana, as he grabs their carry-on luggage.  Nick goes to walk towards the gate, but is stopped by Big B.

Big B:  Hey cuz, we don't have first class seats.

Nick:  No, no, no... YOU all don't have first class seats.

Nick points over to Big B, Max, Jimmy and Tony as he makes that comment.

Nick:  WE on the other hand...

Nick now points to himself and Diana.

Nick:  DO have first class seats.  So we're going to get going.  We'll see you boys on the other side.

Nick smiles widely as he continues to take the carry on bags for himself and Diana and then walks off with her towards the gate.  The other four men all sit there, looking rather unhappy as they watch their boss walk away.  Nick goes up to the gate, hands over his tickets and starts to board as his entourage annoyingly looks on, as the scene fades to black.
>