Author Topic: The Carnival  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
The Carnival
« on: January 12, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
 "Look at all those lights" Despayre says excitedly.

A canival scene is seen, bright lights feel the air as the sound of cheesy carnival music is heard in the background. An assortment of rides, including a big wheel seen in the main shot of the screen and dodge ems slightly to the left. To the right, beverage stalls stand in a line. The camera turns to see Gabriel, Despayre, Angel, Shane and Fantasia looking at the scene before them.

"This place gives me the creeps" Gabriel whispers to Shane

"Why?" Shane asks, arching a brow "These places are fun"

"I used to work at one of these places" Gabriel says "It's like returning to the scene of the crime, should never happen"

"Whatcha mean?" Shane asks

"I just know what goes on behind the scene and how they con people" Gabriel says

"No wonder you fit in well" Shane says with a laugh

"Just hold on to ya wallet" Gabriel replies quickly

"I got my wallet, it's right...."

Shane pads himself down, reaching in to each pocket, feeling for it.

"Son of a..." He says loudly

Gabriel smirks at Shane and reaches in to his own pocket, pulling out a wallet and throwing it towards Shane. Shane catches it and Gabriel smirks again at him.

"Told ya" Gabriel says with a smile "These people here are an odd sort"

"You're in the sins" Fantasia chips in "It's from one odd family to the next for you"

Fantasia smiles at Gabriel. Gabriel opens his mouth to speak, but decides against it.

"Can I have cotton candy?" Despayre asks, tugging at Gabriel's jacket

"Sure" Gabriel says with a shrugs of his shoulders.

"Angel wants blue cotton candy" Despayre says, holding up his bear.

Gabriel stares down at the bear, running his fingers through his hair.

"How about a caramel apple for Angel?" Gabriel asks

"Caramel will get stuck on his face" Despayre replies, giving Gabriel a stern look "Have you ever tried bathing Angel? He's a nightmare, he doesn't like water, but I'll have one of those too"

Gabriel looks at Despayre, knowing well that Synn would not allow Despayre diet choices, but shrugs

"Sending him back with a sugar rush for Synn should be fun" He whispers to himself

"I'll take you there to get what you want" Fantasia says.

Fantasia and Despayre trot away to a nearby food stand, Shane looks at Gabriel

"Synn's gonna be pissed at you" Shane says seriously

"Ah well, Synn don't scare me, so it's all good" Gabriel replies smiling

"Ok, Teresa's is gonna be pissed at you" Shane says

Gabriel pauses for a second, a look of thought crossing his face. Eventually, Gabriel shrugs

"Ah, what's done is done." Gabriel says unconcerned "Would be fun to see him bouncing around the house tonight"

"Yeah" Shane starts "He might be in a better mood then he was over the holidays"

Fantasia and Despayre return, Fantasia holding Angel, while Despayre's arms are full of snacks. Popcorn, peanuts, cotton candy and caramel apples cover Despayre's upper body. Gabriel raises an eyebrow slighty but says nothing.

"Bloody hell!" Shane blurts out in his strong London accent "The little fellas gonna be bouncing off walls tonight"

Gabriel grins at Shane.

"You're staying there tonight, aren't you?" Gabriel says, forcing back a laugh

"Oh bollocks" Shane says, shaking his head.

"OOOOOOOH" Despayre yells out, nodding his head in a certain direction "bell ringing thingy"

Despayre charges towards the bell and hammer, peanuts and popcorn flying in all directions and stops before it. The rest of the group follows.

"Go on Shane" Gabriel says, egging Shane on "You're meant to be the muscles of the group, give it a whack"

Shane rolls his shoulders back and hands the opperater money. Shane picks up the hammer.

"Piece of piss as we say back home" He says confidently.

Shane raises the hammer above his head and drops it down on the base, causing the light metal spike inside the contrapment to fly up towards the bell, sadly stopping a third of the way up.

"Oh, what a crock" Shane says disappointed at not ringing the bell.

"I wanna go!" Despayre says

Despayre hands his snack food to Gabriel and takes the hammer from Shane. Despayre hands over some money, and raises the hammer high in the air and slams it down on the base. The spike jumps up, but falls just short of Shane's attempt.

"Damn" Despayre says

Despayre takes Angel back from Fantasia and the group turn around. Gabriel looks at Shane.

"Someone needs to hit the gym again" Gabriel mocks "Muscle mass and strength not what it used to be"

Shane growls under his breath

"It's nothing" Shane says quickly "That game is rigged anyway, just to get people to spend their money"

A ringing sound comes from behind the group and all turn around to see Angel sitting at the base of the bell and hammer, with the sledgehammer sitting next to him.

"Ok" Shane says "I'll hit the gym tomorrow"

Despayre picks Angel up and runs towards the group.

"Angel rung the bell Shane, you didn't" Despayre says with a huge grin on his face, before lifting the bear up to his ear "He now wants to challenge you to an arm wrestling match"

"My money's on the bear" Gabriel says

Shane fires curious looks between Despayre and Gabriel.

"You two need professional help" Shane says with a sharp tone in his London accent

The group continue to walk through the carnival. Despayre points towards the dodge ems.

"Let's go on those" He says pointing excitedly.

Fantasia shoots Shane a look across the group with her eyes wide, and nodding. Shane puts his thumb up, low and out of sight of Gabriel and Despayre.

"I'll take you on those Despy" Fantasia says

"We'll sit down over there" Shane says, pointing towards a table and chairs

Gabriel looks around, his eyes narrowing as he looks towards Fantasia leading Despayre away. Gabriel follows Shane towards the table and chairs, placing Despayre's snack food across the table.

"She seems willing to do a lot for Despayre tonight" Gabriel says in a lower tone

"She's a nice person" Shane says, taking the seat opposite Gabriel "But I do wanna talk to you about something

"Thought so" Gabriel says "And don't think I didn't catch that sly little thumbs up either, so what's going on?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing" Shane says, placing his hands together and tilting his head.

"Meaning?" Gabriel asks

"Meaning the Sins" Shane replies "I know something is going on. I know things have been edgy between you and Synn for a while."

"Nothing is edgey between me and Synn" Gabriel says firmly "Synn and I are fine"

"I know something is going on Gabriel" Shane reilliturates to Gabriel "Since Christmas, the atmosphere changed, and it's something to do with that present Despayre got from his mother. I was there, I saw the look on his face, I saw the look on Despayre's face, and I saw the look on your face. You know something Gabriel, you know more then I do"

Gabriel plants his hands flatly on the table

"I know something?" Gabriel says with an innocent look.

"Yes" Shane replies "I've known Synn for years, I know him better then most, and since that gift turned up, he's changed and coming to you a lot. Something has changed here"

Gabriel breathes deeply

"Whatever is going on in Synn's mind, or Despayre's mind is nothing to do with anyone except them Shane" Gabriel says firmly "I know about as much as Synn wants to tell me, you know about as much as Synn wants to tell you. That's all there is to it"

"Mate" Shane starts, taking a gentle approach "If it effects the group, then it effects all of us, not just Synn or Despayre"

"It doesn't effect the group" Gabriel says quickly

"So you do know something" Shane fires back just as quickly

"I didn't say that" Gabriel says defensively "But if it effected the group, then surely Synn is smart enough to let the group know"

"You might be able to con normal people, but not me" Shane says softly

"Look" Gabriel says a little more firmly "Whatever I apparently know, is all in your head. Synn's been helping me get over the loss of my heavyweight title Shane. You know when that bitch JT paid for over the top insulting entrances when he wasn't the champ? That's pissed me off for weeks, and Synn has been helping me deal with that"

"Oh..." Shane says slowly

"And anything going on with Synn, is none of either of our business!" Gabriel says, his voice growing firmer and firmer "It's simply down to him to let people know if he wants them to, not down to us"

Before anyone can continue, Fantasia and Despayre wonder over, Despayre clutching Angel in his hands, Despayre looks slighty disappointed.

"What's wrong?" Shane asks.

"People kept bumping in to me" Despayre says, with disappointment in his voice.

Gabriel and Shane look at each other with a smile.

"That's the point" Shane tries to explain.

"Oh" Despayre replies "Ah well, at least those cars have better security then Gabriel's expensive car"

Shane starts to laugh as Gabriel shakes his head and the scene fades.

A little later, Gabriel is seen standing alone, the carnival lights in the distance. He looks in to the camera and starts to speak.

"So I've managed to get away from the group for just a little while" Gabriel starts "Because I have a match to talk about, against a team called The Aristocrats"

Gabriel pauses.

"I haven't been in the ring since JT Underwood got given my title" Gabriel says, curling his lip downwards "Yes, I said given. I made a slight tired mistake and that was that. It was like it was written for him to win that night. I mean, who hires a band to play your theme, when you're not even the champion? It was like someone jumped in to the future and told him the results. That pissed me off, it was insulting, and that's why I stepped away for a few weeks, that's why I decided to sit back, because I didn't know the way forward from being robbed.... I understand the irony, as I used to rob innocent people to get what I want."

Gabriel looks down at his feet before looking back up.

"And then came along the man who likes to hang teddy bears" Gabriel says quietly "I have a challenge to that man. It's time to show your face. Pull off one little mind game and not show your face. Come out and play, let the world see if you're man enough to stand face to face with a former heavyweight champion, or maybe jump alongside the idiot Goth and see if two are strong enough to defeat the best"

Gabriel smirks at the camera

"You're probably wondering why I chose this time to talk about JT, Goth, and the mystery man" Gabriel says slowly "Well it's simple. You see Aristocrats, people have been niggling at me, and I need to work off a little angst, I need to work out this stress release and it's a damn shame you guys are booked against me. I don't feel that whole rust thing that so many babble on about, I don't feel rusty, I feel refreshed, I feel determined to step up and start showing people why I was Sin City Wrestling's first heavyweight champion. Believe me, it was no fluke, no lucky thing, I went on and beat everyone for that title, and can do again, but right now, I'm determined to put my name on the map once more"

Gabriel looks around him.

"Aristocrats, you two confuse me slightly" Gabriel says with a scratch on his head "Aristocrats are lords of a monachy, yet this is America, you have no monachy, you're not high class, there's nothing high class about either of you, you're cowboys, cowboys, not lords, cowboys. So when one of you two warm up your brain cells, feel free to answer where the name comes from."

Gabriel smiles

"Maybe it was some good ol' fashioned saloon brawl that ruined your minds slighty and you got confused with words and meaning" Gabriel says with a shrug "Maybe your mothers were your sisters, I don't know, but there is some things I do know. I know this is not going to be easy, I watched you last week, very impressive stuff, good team work, but sadly it won't be enough. You gents seem like you've been an impressive team for a long time, but still, I fear you will fall short of your goals. Despayre and I do not lose matches, we take the competition and tear them apart, and you will be no different. You see our focus matches yours, we want tag gold, we want to be known as the best team Sin City Wrestling has to offer. We generally get what we want and Steve Scanlon, Chett Hawkins, sadly for you, you won't be able to stop us, you won't be able to derail us in our quest for gold. You two are just another couple of names to add to the list of people to fall to us. I wish you  the best of luck"

The camera zooms in to Gabriel's face

"You're gonna need it" Gabriel says "You can believe that my friends, believe that."

Gabriel walks off the camera as the scene fades out
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>