Author Topic: A Birthday and Christmas All in One Week  (Read 2491 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
A Birthday and Christmas All in One Week
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

Sunday December 18th
Following December To Dismember

”What the hell happened out there?  I could have finished Kittie off and retained my title, but then…”

Misty is still sitting in her locker room after December to Dismember has gone off the air.  She’s sitting on the sofa with a blank stare on her face, talking to herself.

”I couldn’t have seen…what I saw.  There’s just no way.  No, I was just imagining things is all.  My mind was playing tricks on me.”

She buries her head in her hands, taking a deep breath.  She runs her hands through her hair, before leaning her elbows on her knees and leaning forward.

”But why now?  That match was so important to me.  It was my first title defense and what happens?  I screw it up and lose the title.  I was the first Bombshell Champion turned shortest reigning Bombshell Champion.  Way to go Misty.”

Misty’s duffel bag is at her feet.  She picks it up, then tosses it at the door, just as Spike is walking in, barely missing him.

”Whoa!  What the hell?!”

Spike ducks out of the way as Misty’s duffel bag hits the wall then drops to the floor.  He looks at her, a confused, yet worried look appearing on his face.

”Damn it.  I’m sorry, Spike.”

Misty apologizes as she stands up and walks over to where her duffel bag landed.  She picks it up and tosses it over her shoulder.

”Are you okay, babe?  What was that all about?”

A bit of concern shines through in his voice, but only for a brief second.

”I’m fine.” Misty reassures him. “I’m just tired and want to get home.”

Spike scratches his forehead but doesn’t push the issue further.

”If you say so.  You ready to go?  We have to get to the airport soon.”

Misty nods and replies, “Yeah.  Just get me out of here.”

She then walks past Spike and out of the locker room.  The same concerned look remains on Spike’s face as he follows behind her, and the pair head to their rental car.

December 22nd, 2011
Spike’s Birthday

It’s bright and early in the morning in the Staggs household.  The only sounds coming from the house, are coming from the kitchen.  Spike and Misty’s daughter, Eden, is wide awake, still in her Hello Kitty pajamas.  Her brother, Timmy, is also awake and helping her out with whatever surprise she is up to.

Timmy is standing by the table with a comical smile on his face.  Eden is across the kitchen, standing on a chair over the counter with a large bowl and several ingredients used for ice cream Sundaes in front of her.  Using a large spoon, Eden puts several large scoops of vanilla ice cream into the bowl, the amount nearly the entire carton of ice cream itself.  

“I can’t believe I’m helping you with this.” Timmy says, holding back a laugh, as Eden then proceeds to squeeze a large amount of chocolate sauce over the vanilla ice cream.

“We need sprinkles!  I got no sprinkles!” Eden says as she looks around the counter.

Timmy walks over to her, then opens one of the cabinets next to her.  He takes out the rainbow sprinkles, opens the lid and hands them to his sister.  Eden shakes the container furiously until only a small amount of sprinkles remain in the container.  She then tosses it aside and grabs the can of whipped cream.  She looks at it, not sure of how to use it.

“Timmy…help!  It won’t come out!”  She shakes the can just about as furiously as the container of sprinkles.

Timmy grabs the can from her hand, then squeezes some whipped cream all over her very large, and very messy, ice cream sundae.

“MORE!” She shouts as she looks at the unsatisfactory amount of whipped cream he put on the sundae.

“Are you serious, Eden?  How do you expect one person to eat this big of an ice cream sundae?” He asks with a laugh.

“More!  More! More! More!” Eden shouts, stomping her foot on the chair.

Timmy holds a hand up, but humors Eden.  He squeezes the entire can of whipped cream over the sundae, shaking his head the entire time.  Eden then turns to face her brother, holding two bananas in front of her.

“I’m not sposed to use a knife.”  She says innocently with a smile on her face.  Timmy takes the bananas, again shaking his head.

“Let me guess.  Banana splits?”  Eden just nods her head, as Timmy peels the bananas, then slices them in half.  He positions them around the ice cream, as Eden claps her hands excitedly.  She then hands Timmy a jar of cherries, and smiles again.

“The whole jar?” Timmy presumes, but Eden shakes her head no.

“Nope!  Just one!” She replies.

Timmy seems surprised, but shrugs it off as he places just a single cherry on top of the mountainous ice cream sundae.  Eden grabs a big spoon from out of the silverware drawer, then places it in the ice cream.  She jumps down from the chair and Timmy hands her the bowl very carefully.  She holds on to it as tightly as she can, and slowly walks off toward Spike and Misty’s room.

As Eden disappears upstairs and Timmy is about to head off to follow her, Misty walks into the kitchen, looking extremely exhausted to say the least.  

“What’s going on in here?” Her voice is groggy, and she rubs her eyes, trying to fully wake up.

“Were you sleeping on the couch?” Timmy asks as he noticed she walked in from the living room.

Misty yawns and says, “Yeah.  I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep.”

“You and Dad aren’t fighting, are you?”

Misty shakes her head and walks over to the mess that Eden made on the counter.

“Of course not.” She replies, staring at the mess on the counter. “Now, do you care to explain this mess?”

“It was Eden’s idea, I swear.  She wanted to surprise Dad for his birthday.  I was just about to head upstairs to make sure she got to your room without making a big…well, bigger, mess than she already did.” Timmy says.

Misty’s eyes widen and she takes a deep breath.  She doesn’t even bother to start cleaning up the mess on the counter, as she turns around and heads upstairs.  When she makes it to her bedroom, Eden is sitting on the bed next to Spike, both with smiles on their faces.  Misty sees the bowl with Eden’s huge ice cream sundae sitting in Spike’s lap and she can’t help but laugh.

“Look, Misty.” Spike says, pointing to the sundae. “A breakfast sundae for my birthday!”

Misty nods and laughs. “I couldn’t tell.  I mean, you should see the mess on the counter downstairs.”

“It’s melting, Daddy!  Hurry and eat it!” Eden jumps up and down on the bed, just waiting for Spike to dig into her gift to him.  He looks at the giant sundae, taking a deep breath.

“Hey, I have an idea.  Why don’t you go get three more spoons and we can share?  I may be able to eat a lot of ice cream, but this just looks too good not to share.” Spike tells her.  She agrees and jumps off the bed and runs downstairs.  Spike then turns his attention to Misty.

“Did you help her with this?” He asks, taking note of the fact she wasn’t sleeping next to him when Eden woke him up.

Misty walks over to the bed and sits next to him. “No, actually.  I had no clue she was going to do this.  Timmy helped her, and he said it was all her idea.  I couldn’t sleep last night, so I went downstairs and watched some TV.”

Spike takes a bite of his sundae, then looks back to Misty. “You sure you’re okay?”

Misty takes one glance at him, and laughs.  Spike doesn’t realize he somehow managed to get a small amount of whipped cream on his chin.

“What?” He asks, taking another bite.

“You, uh, have some whipped cream on your chin.” She laughs.

Spike then wipes the whipped cream off of his chin, and looks at Misty, who is still laughing.

“You want a bite?  I have to say, this is pretty tasty.” He holds a spoonful of ice cream in front of Misty, waiting for her to take a bite.  

“I think I will.” She says.  

Just as Spike is about to feed her the spoonful of ice cream, he smears it all over her face.  Misty’s eyes widen, and her mouth drops open as she stares at him, trying not to smile or laugh.  Spike, however, is cracking up, as he continues to take another bite of his ice cream.

“Very funny, birthday boy.” Misty says, attempting to wipe the ice cream from her mouth.  It only makes a bigger mess, though.

“I thought so.” He grins, then leans in and kisses her as his way of helping to clean the ice cream from around her mouth. “Happy birthday to me.”

Misty laughs, as she wipes the rest of the ice cream off of her mouth. “Yes.  Happy birthday to you, babe.”

Eden then runs back into the room, with Timmy behind her, holding three more spoons.  She jumps back on the bed at Spike and Misty’s feet, barely able to contain her excitement.  Timmy hands a spoon to Eden and Misty, as the four of them share Spike’s birthday sundae…for breakfast.

Stay tuned...The Staggs family Christmas is coming up!
>