Author Topic: A Sins Christmas  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
A Sins Christmas
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
 For those that were lucky enough to have been invited to this particular house for the owner's big Halloween party, they would tell anyone new to the scene that it paled in comparison to the preparations for the happenings over the Christmas holiday. The lack of snow did not deter the owner of this grand abode from going all out with the decor on the exterior. The front yard looked to be an exact double for Santa's village, complete with eight plastic reindeer fashioned from creatively wound Christmas lights and an animatronic Santa in a charcoal black sleigh lined in golden lights. Over a dozen pre-lit fir trees lined the path to the front door where that frame was lined with pre-lit garland and a matching wreath.

Lights of all colors were being strung up everywhere; twisted around anything that could and would hold them up, from the bushes and trees in the yard to the house itself. As a matter of fact, the lights were still in the process of being hung with quite a bit of "expert" supervision.

"Is this where you want it?" Synn called from where he was on the edge of the first floor's roof, kneeling precariously over the porch fifteen feet below.

Despayre, who stood clad in his warmest winter jacket and Angel tucked snugly in his arms (also in a bite sized coat), looked up and scrutinized where Synn was holding a strand of lights. He leaned back and held out his hand in an artistic pose, squinting one eye shut and his tongue between his teeth.

"A little more higher!" He called to Synn. "And be careful! Don't fall!"

Synn started to fix the lights' cord to the roof and he glanced up, "While I appreciate your concern Joshua, I can assure you that I won't fall!"

"Angel says you will!"

"Angel is wrong."

The front door opens and Teresa paused from her assistance in the decorating to spot Despayre walking inside with an impish grin to his lips and a twinkle in his eye. Following behind him was Synn, who now had a slight limp and he seemed preoccupied with picking twigs from the bushes below the roof from his clothes and hair. The housekeeper noted the scratches on his cheek and hands and frowned.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

"Never mind!" Synn grumbled as he stalked past her and headed upstairs to change. She turned to see Despayre watching after Synn. The little guy then looked at her.

"Angel's never wrong." And he headed into the front room with a smile on his face and his nose in the air.

How times had changed over the course of the past year.

There had been a time when Synn would have scoffed at the very idea of even putting up a tree, much less turning his entire house into a winter wonderland. That was until Despayre had entered his life, and the chance for a real Christmas outside of the asylum where he had spent the vast majority of his young life presented itself. Initially the idea remained ludicrous, until the unthinkable had happened. An outburst against the holiday had reduced Despayre to tears, and Gabriel unleashed a verbal ass kicking to Synn. Nobody had ever talked to the "Dark priest" in a manner such as that before, but Gabriel was more than just "somebody". He was Despayre's friend, and in his mind, a brother. It was the old adage of not having to be blood to be family, and Gabriel took it to heart when he verbally tore into Synn, and pointed out he doesn't have to believe in the holiday in order to celebrate it with Despayre and the rest of the team.

Synn did not believe in the Christian traditions of Christmas then, and that extends to this day. But Gabriel's words rang true; Synn despised the holiday itself, but the others in the Seven Sins noted a change in the big man when it came to celebrating the day itself. They knew that to Synn, Christmas was just another day -- except where Despayre was concerned. For this special young man, no expense would be spared. This house itself was the first real home Despayre had been blessed with for three quarters of his life. That alone made Synn determined to make it a memorable one.

That explained the outside's current decor, and the vast interior of this spacious and not-so-humble abode. While the outside had a jolly feel to it, the inside had a more warm, festive expressive tone, dominated with red velvet bows, silver accents and icicle light curtains everywhere.

"It looks great." Synn said softly, resting a hand on Teresa's shoulder. "You outdid yourself."

"Joshua helped." She said, looking now at the fifteen foot tall Christmas tree in the front room that Despayre was helping put the finishing touches on. (This means he was bobbing and weaving in a 'tinsel fight' with Angel on the other side of the tree.) She continued, "According to him, the teddy bear gave him all the ideas."

"Well, whoever did what, even I would be hard pressed not to admit the house looks spectacular." High praise indeed from the mouth of Synn. He turned and smiled at a sight just down the foyer.

Shane stood in the hall, just outside of the front room, and poured himself an eggnog and then one for Fantasia whom he passed it to. Synn leaned over to Teresa and whispered, "Have you made certain he's had plenty of those?"

"Yes, well spiked just like you wanted." She answered, then looked up at him with a quizical expression. "But why did you want him to get hammered before your party even begins?"

"All part of the plan." Synn answered in his typical cryptic manner and he turned and walked down toward where Shane had just downed the glass of brandy laced eggnog and started to pour another.

"Well," Synn said with a smirk. "I see you're loosening up for the evening's festivities."

"Absolu... absolu... hell yes." Shane answered with a slight slur to his words. "I can't believe that you're actually throwing a Christmas party. Hell must have frozen over."

"Please don't rub it in." Synn sighed as he rubbed his temple with his fingers. "I'm still finding the very thought unfathomable myself. But..."

"Whatever Despy wants...?" Fantasia smiled as she leaned against Shane and sipped at her own drink.

"So it would appear." Synn shook his head.

"So who's on the guest list?" Fantasia asked.

Synn poured an eggnog into a small glass and handed it to Teresa who approached. He went for one for himself and answered, "Just a select few this time around. You two. Gabriel. Mark Ward and Christian if they wish. Sean. Most everyone else has their own plans. Oh and of course, this lady here." He indicated to Teresa.

Fantasia smiled as she sipped the drink, "Well we certainly appreciate the invite."

Shane raised his glass in a toast to Synn before draining it. he hiccuped and said, "That we do big boy. Synn throwing a Christmas shindig. Wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Synn exchanged a wry look with Fantasia before scratching his chin and saying, "Well, I do admit to having a bit of an ulterior motive for making certain you were here so early Shane."

"Besides taste testing the eggnog?" He smirked.

"Besides that." Synn nodded. "That was just because I needed you relaxed for a bit of a favor."

Shane raised an eyebrow and said, "Synn there isn't enough brandy in the world to get me to..."

"No." Synn chuckled, waving off his concerns. "No. No. That was on my list to Santa, but no. This is something more akin to your personal experience."

"Which is...?"

"Well, being a nice Christmas party, nice attire is a must."

"Of course!"

"Dress clothes? Maybe a tie for the men?"

"Can't argue with that."

"Well...." Synn nodded his head to direct Shane's attention to the front room where Despayre was standing with Angel. Clad in a red turtleneck sweater with Daffy Duck on the chest, Despayre was just 'looking' at Shane with an expression that just screamed 'Oh I dare you'.

Shane groaned and closed his eyes.

"Aw fuck!"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:32:05 PM by Christian Underwood »
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
A Sins Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
 "HEEEEELLLLP!!!"

Despayre was quite the picture, tearing down the hallway of his home, yelling as if the hounds from Hell were nipping at his feet. Only for him, it was worse. Much, MUCH worse! It wasn't a hell hound that was chasing him down, intent on making him its afternoon meal. It was Shane that was hot on his heels, and he wanted to do something by far more fear inducing; he wanted to get Despayre dressed in a suit and tie!

(You may shudder here.)

Yes, Synn had assigned to Shane, once again, the unenviable task of getting Despayre properly dressed. This time for their Christmas party this evening. Obviously there was no 'dress code' per se, but as one of the two hosts of the homestead, Synn wanted Despayre to look the part.

Enter Shane.

The suit itself was bad enough, but that brought along with it the tie! Or as Despayre thinks of it; a hedonistic torture device! Shane just wanted to strangle him into submission or worse, but Despayre was not about to go down without a fight!

Despayre jetted around the corner of the hall and into the kitchen, throwing over a small table to block Shane's path. Shane came tearing around but didn't see the obstacle and his foot caught it and he came crashing down! That was to his benefit in a sense as with his staggering height of 6'8", he managed to snag Despayre's ankle and he brought him down along with him.

"Get off me!" Despayre cried. "Leave me be!"

The little guy lashed out with his foot towards Shane's head but Shane expertly blocked it with his free hand and started to drag Despayre toward him.

Watching in amusement from the kitchen doorway, Synn tilted his head toward Teresa who had a video camera in front of her eye, recording everything. He said, "Did you get that?"

"I got it." The housekeeper confirmed. "I don't like this going on in my kitchen. They might break something."

"Bah!" Synn shook his head, waving off her concern. "We'll replace anything that gets broken. Oo!" He opened his eyes wide when Shane managed to block the kick. "That was how he gave him that black eye a year ago when he got him ready for a date!"

"I guess Shane's learning." Teresa nodded.

Despayre grabbed hold of the counter and tried to hold  on but Shane was a determined man. He got to his knees and with a heavy tug, Despayre's grip was broken and he yelped in fear.

"HELP! I'm being oppressed!" Despayre cried out as Shane grabbed him by the back of his pants and hauled him up into his arms, kicking and flaying his arms. "STOP THE OPPRESSION!"

Shane stood up, easily holding Despayre against him while the little guy kicked his legs and flung his arms every which way to try and get loose. Shane turned around, breathless, and stared down Synn and Teresa, and now Rage who had heard the commotion and walked in to see what the hell was going on.

He bellowed, "You know one of you could give me a hand here!"

Rage proceeded to clap his hands sarcastically, and Shane sneered then looked at the other two.

"Well!?"

"I'm filming." Teresa answered.

Shane looked at Synn, "What about you!?"

"I'm injured." Synn said.

"How the hell are you injured!?" Shane asked, switching Despayre over to his other arm, holding him around the waist at his side. Synn answered by holding up his right hand and showing the bandage on his pinky. Shane scowled and said, "Oh pardon my doubting you!"

"Not at all." Synn shrugged in distinct indifference.

Shane shook his head and turned around to exit the kitchen with his "luggage" when Despayre shrieked, "He's touching my special place!"

"WHAT!?" Shane hollered and instinctively released Despayre and the little guy took off and Shane growled beneath his breath and started right in pursuit, pausing only to look at the trio watching closely and he raised a finger, "Don't you dare...!"

And he took off, leaving behind the three with barely hidden smirks on their faces.

Rage murmured as they started off to follow and watch the fun, "I can't believe he fell for that."

CRASH!

Despayre ran right up the steps and Shane was right after him, but he paused in bewilderment as Despayre slid right down past him on the banister with a taunting, "Ha ha!" left in his wake. Shane cursed rather audibly and turned about face and went right back after him.

"And the video camera is for...?"

"Youtube, what else?"

Rage, watching along with the rest, whispered to Synn, "Why the hell does Shane agree to do this if the kid gives him such hell?"

"I think Shane sees it as a challenge." Synn answered as Shane chased Despayre around them in a circle and into the front room.

"A challenge?"

"Mm hm. You know how cocky Shane is. A real perfectionist. Now he likes to see how far he can get with Joshua before he has to yield. A real challenge."

"Dressing Despayre." Rage said skeptically. "Doesn't sound like much of a problem."

Synn turned to him and smiled, "If that's how you feel, next time I'm sure he'll let you get Joshua dressed up."

A piercing shriek caused all three to start and turn their heads and Rage closed his eyes.

"Screw that." The Sin of Wrath declared.

Synn bit his bottom lip, "I bet Gabriel will catch hell from Shane now for teaching Joshua the groin claw."

MUCH TIME AND MANY CRASHES AND BRUISES LATER...

Synn sat in the front room on the large, plush sofa...

Rage sat in a recliner to his left...

Teresa walked in and handed both men a frosty mug filled with beer. She then took a seat herself when Shane walked in (or limped rather). His hair was mussed beyond its usual perfection. His bottom lip was puffy. His cheek had a beaut of a shiner on it and his clothes were torn and in complete tatters. He paused and looked at them briefly, before he silently stalked past and toward the kitchen for presumably his own beer.

Their eyes followed him when a whimpering sound caused them to turn back and a pouting Despayre walked in, his arms folded and bottom lip jetted out -- clad entirely in his dress clothes complete with tie. He flopped down in front of the Christmas tree and grabbed Angel from where the teddy bear sat and hugged it tightly.

Synn looked up at Rage and said, "I'll be damned. He did it."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:58:04 PM by Despayre »
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
A Sins Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »
 Not too long after...

The party is in full swing, music pumps through the speaker system. Gabriel is seen mixing with guests, a beer in his hand, not looking like his usual self. Synn takes him by the shoulder as he walks past.

"Just the little magician I was looking for" Synn says with a smile

"Ah... erm" Gabriel stumbles out "Whatever it was, I didn't go it, I was busy driving or something"

Synn smiles

"No" Synn starts "You just don't seem yourself, I'm guessing it's the whole title thing"

"It's ok" Gabriel replies "I was pissed at first, I felt like I just gave it away, like he didn't deserve it. I'm a showman, I entertain but all that over the top shit he had, live band, big celebration, all the rest of it like he was destined to win, it got to me, because I don't think he deserved it. I let slip for a second, he won and that whole celebration shit, was disrespectful"

"You shook his hand" Synn says

"I left right after" Gabriel replies

Synn nods in agreement

"You could take it back if you wanted" Synn says with an evil looking smile.

Gabriel shakes his head

"Nah, fuck JT and the title" Gabriel replies casually "If that's the way he thinks a champion should act, then I don't wanna touch that belt again"

Synn puts his hand on Gabriel's shoulder

"Doesn't mean I can't take it from him any time I want" Gabriel says with a smile "and he knows it"

Synn laughs

"At least it never knocked your confidence" Synn replies

"No shit sherlock" Gabriel replies with a tilt of his head. "I live on confidence"

From out of nowhere, Despayre appears behind Gabriel and tugs him by the shoulder. Despayre places a beer in Gabriel's hand.

"Angel says he owes you this from the other night" Despayre says

Synn looks curiously at Gabriel

"Don't ask" Gabriel whispers to Synn.

"Gabriel" Despayre says innocently "Angel asked me to pass on a message with that beer"

"Sure" Gabriel says "What's the message?"

"He said he has a title and you don't, so ha ha" Despayre says with a smile.

Gabriel looks across the room to see Angel sitting on a table with James Huntington-Hawkes III's Universal title sitting across him.

"That's one mean bear you got there" Gabriel replies with a smile "I'll let it go because it's Christmas"

"Speaking of which" Despayre says as Gabriel takes a sip on his beer "What did you give Santa for me?"

Gabriel looks at Synn and shrugs

"You'll just have to wait and see" Gabriel replies.

"I hope it's a car just like yours" Despayre says "But that thing needs better security"

Gabriel looks at Despayre and back to Synn.

"That thing cost me two point four million dollars" Gabriel whispers "Little help here?"

Synn smiles at Despayre

"Joshua, you can't drive yet" Synn says slowly "But if you learn to drive, maybe Gabriel will buy you one as a present"

"Bastard" Gabriel mutters under his breath

"Gabriel!" Despayre says excitedly "Will you teach me to drive?"

"Thanks buddy" Gabriel whispers to Synn, taking a drink "Look Despy, there's Santa"

Gabriel points away from himself but Despayre shakes his head as he looks.

"Too skinny for Santa" Despayre says unimpressed "When was the last time you saw a skinny Santa?"

"Does a santa chick count?" Gabriel asks

Despayre just stares at Gabriel.

"Guess not" Gabriel says with a shrug of his shoulders.

Despayre looks Gabriel up and down.

"Why aren't you wearing that belt buckle I bought you?" Despayre asks "The one with the pretty flower on"

"Despy" Gabriel says "That was mistletoe"

"So?" Despayre asks "People kiss under... oh.... Ohhhhhhh"

Synn's eyes light up but Gabriel puts a finger up

"Don't even think about it" Gabriel says seriously.

"No wonder Angel was laughing when I bought it" Despayre says

"This is gonna be a long night" Gabriel says shaking his head "How about a magic trick?"

"Sure" Synn says "How about the one with the disappearing pants"

Gabriel raises an eyebrow at Synn

"How about not?" Gabriel replies.

Synn shrugs his shoulder and Gabriel stands up on a table.

"Ok, ladies and gents" Gabriel says, looking around.

The crowd of partygoers gather in close.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna make a tiger appear" Gabriel says with a laugh "Come closer"

The crowd shuffle in closer.

"Now I've always been proud of the simple fact that I can do magic, this close, with a live crowd around me" Gabriel replies "Now it's pretty obvious, that this table is not rigged in any way, if it was, Synn would be pissed at the expense, but feel free to walk around it and check it out"

Party guests look around the table, some looking under, some tapping their knuckles on solid wood. Gabriel waits for them to stop, and continues.

"Solid wood, right?" Gabriel says

The partygoers nod and agree.

"Now what I want you to do is gather round this table, just form a tight ring around here" Gabriel says directing. "You guys with the jackets on, or maybe sweaters tied around them, what I want you to do is take them off and hold them in front of you"

The crowd do as they're told, shortly, a ring of clothes is formed around the table in a tight circle.

"Excellent" Gabriel says "Ok, this is what we're gonna do. I want you to raise them in high for me and when I say so, I want you to pull them down fast, ok?"

The crowd nod. Gabriel pauses for a few seconds.

"NOW!" He yells out.

As the people pull down their jackets and sweaters, Two beautiful blonde women, dressed in nothing but red underwear and Santa hats, are seen sitting on the table in front of Gabriel. Standing behind the women, and in front of Gabriel, is a midget, dressed as an elf. The crowd clap and cheer as Gabriel takes a bow and raises his arms. Gabriel steps off the table and lifts the midget down, before helping the two ladies down. Both the ladies take hold of Gabriel's arms. Gabriel looks at Synn and smiles.

"Merry Christmas to me...." Gabriel says with a wink before walking off as the scene fades
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
A Sins Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
 The party was in full swing and Rage was standing in the door frame to the kitchen as the housekeeper, Teresa, was reaching into the fridge and she pulled out a rather large party tray filled with meats, cheeses, some fruit and olives. She turned around and rage arched an eyebrow.

"Yo, Teresa." Rage murmured in his deep voice that some women might say was just a hint shy of seductive.

"Yes?" Teresa said as she stepped up, carrying the tray. "You need something?"

"Just this." Rage looked up over his head slightly and Teresa's eyes followed his gaze to see the big man was standing under a sprig of mistletoe. He said, "Mistletoe, babe, and I believe that calls for a kiss."

"Okey dokey!" Despayre said who was entering the kitchen from behind him. And he stood up on his tip toes and gave Rage a peck on the cheek with a hearty "Mwah!" and he kept on his trek to the fridge for a Cherry Coke as Teresa shook her head with a smile and moved past Rage who just blinked with a blank expression at what just happened.
>

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
A Sins Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »
 The party had ended on Christmas Eve and as expected, it was a pretty big success. Despayre worked hard and fast, helping Teresa do a quick clean up so he could rush to bed. After all, the sooner he got to bed, the sooner he'd fall asleep and the sooner he'd wake up, the sooner he'd get to all the loot!

Of course, nothing had been placed under the tree save for the gifts from each other and the SCW staff. Despayre knew the real loot would be there in the morning, courtesy of the old fat elf, himself. Once certain that the little guy had fallen sound asleep, Synn employed Gabriel and Shane to aid him in moving all of the hidden gifts from the basement, the one place Despayre refused to set foot in -- which also made it the perfect hiding spot.

Now the base of the Christmas tree was piled with wrapped packages of all shapes and sizes. No, Synn most certainly did not celebrate the spirit of the holiday, but that alone did not stop him from using it as a further excuse to heap gifts upon those closest to him, especially Despayre himself.

Gabriel also noted carrying in an armload that a few even had Angel's name on them, from Santa. He looked at Synn with a quirked brow and Synn shrugged.

"What?" Synn said. "Would you want to be around him if the bear didn't get anything?"

Gabriel paused, then shook his head. No, definitely not.

That mission accomplished, Synn invited (aka insisted) that all those still present, Gabriel, Shane, Fantasia and Rage, remain for the night so they would be there for the morning after. More so done for Despayre's benefit as he'd be heart broken if they didn't spend Christmas together, Teresa included.

Morning came, as did their morning wake up call in the form of Despayre's hollering woop of glee as he charged downstairs and caught sight of the mountain of wrapped bounty beneath the towering green fir.

"HE CAME! HE CAME! C'MON EVERYBODY! IT'S CHRISTMAS MORNING! C'MON!"

Despayre continued to shout and beckon until one by one, the still sleepy members of their little group made their way downstairs, still in their sleeping gear. (In Shane and Fantasia's case, their hastily found garments as nobody expected those two wore anything once in a bed together.)

Teresa was the first to answer the call and she headed into the kitchen to start the coffee and put the cinnamon rolls into the oven. By now Despayre was a jumping bundle of nerves, hovering around her much to the older woman's amusement. As "lady of the house" she gave him a most vexing rule; no presents until they ate something. (Seriously, what kid wanted to hear that?) So the group found themselves congregated into the large kitchen and everyone sat around the table, making small talk while the anxious young man bounced around the table in anticipation.

Finally, coffee drank, and the last remnants of the icing laden rolls devoured, Synn turned to Despayre and gave him a slight nod and ZOOM! He didn't need being told twice and he rushed at top speed for the front room, and thus for the presents.

Teresa stood up and started to clean up when Gabriel took her by the arm and shook his head in the negative.

"Uh uh." He said in a definitive tone. "We take care of that later. You're coming too."

Amused and touched, Teresa allowed Gabriel to escort her to the front room where Despayre had already reduced the wrapping of his first of many packages to shreds while Fantasia took it upon herself to pass the rest around to those the labels assigned them to.

The morning passed with idle chatter and music playing over the entertainment center's surround sound. The remnants of all the wrapping paper had been bundled up and thrown and all that remained were the hastily opened boxes and the gifts themselves. Everyone was seated around the front room, examining the gifts, drinking coffee, eating more donuts and rolls, and just generally experiencing a very pleasant morning.

Teresa had family over in Europe, and Synn had even offered to have her flown home as he did every year. However this year she declined and opted to stay so she could take care of this off beat group she now found herself in the midst of. She agreed for Synn to fly her out for the start of the New Year instead.

"Hey Despy, look what I just found." Fantasia said as she walked from around the Christmas tree's furthest side, holding a brightly wrapped package in her hands. The box was of a modest size but the eyes were drawn to the shiny red and gold wrapping paper with the green ribbon draped snugly around all corners.

"Ooo!" Despayre cooed at the sight, his eyes lighting up. "Who's that one for?"

Fantasia shifted the box and offered it over to him, saying, "It has your name on it sweety."

"Who's it from?" Gabriel asked as he took a seat on a chair beside Despayre who was planted on the floor.

"Didn't say." Synn answered in Fantasia's place. "Christian Underwood gave it to me backstage and said it was delivered to his office through my name."

Despayre started tearing the paper off like Taz through a tree and Gabriel sat back with a coffee in hand, saying, "Must be a fan."

"Must be." Shane agreed as Despayre pulled out a beautiful white sweater with the image of a teddy bear stitched perfectly onto the chest.

"Wow!" Despayre exclaimed.

"Nice." Gabriel mused. "Is there a card?"

Despayre looked back into the box and said, "There is!" and he dug it out and quickly opened it. He pulled out the card itself from the envelope and started to look it over while the conversation started again.

"Joshua?" Teresa said, drawing the others' attentions. "Are you alright?"

They turned their attentions from her to Despayre who was just staring at the inside of the card. He seemed -- frozen. Most people when they sit still still move to some degree. Despayre was absolutely still.

"Despy?" Gabriel inquired, leaning down. "What is it?"

Despayre gave off a slight whimper, almost a whine, as Gabriel took the card in his fingers and slid it from his grasp. He looked at the inside, and he immediately looked up to Synn.

"Merry Christmas baby." Gabriel repeated from the writing. "Love ... Mom."

All eyes shifted immediately to Despayre who had closed his eyes and pulled Angel, and the sweater, close to his chest.

Synn shook his head and murmured beneath his breath, "Son of a bitch...."
>