Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Black Friday
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »

<marquee>MEGA EARLY FRIDAY MORNING...</marquee>

"You're kidding me." Synn echoed again as he accompanied Gabriel to the front door of his house, seeing him out. "You're actually going Black Friday shopping. You?"

Gabriel frowned but in good humor. "Why is that so surprising?" He asked as he took his jacket from the coat rack and started to slip it on. "I told you I wanted to get one of those PS3s for Despy fr Christmas. What's the big deal?"

Synn leaned back against the wall and watched Gabriel as he made rwady, saying, "The big deal is that you don't like dealing with a Wal-Mart crowd on a Tuesday afternoon for a pair of socks. That crowd will eat you alive today of all days, especially with a $200 Playstation up for grabs."

"Think so?" Gabriel smirked as he fished in his pocket and drew out his car keys. I have me a secret weapon."

That brought an eyebrow up from Synn.

"A secret weapon." he repeated. "And what might that be?"

"Ready!"

The soft call came from the stairwell and Despayre came charging down at top speed, and jumped the last three steps, landing in front of the two men where Gabriel passed him his own thick jacket.

"Joshua?" Synn sounded genuinely surprised. "You're going with Gabriel?"

"Of course!" Despayre chirped as he handed Angel to Synn to hold while he got fitted into his jacket and zipped it up. Gabriel said that he needed help and only me an' Angel could give it!"

Synn turned to look at Gabriel who just smiled and offered a shrug as Despayre pulled the door open and took off outside.

He said, "I think his main motivation is that new ''Best Of' Looney Tunes DVD that also got released today. Told him I'd make sure he got a copy."

Synn shook his head. "He has no idea the PS3 is for him, does he?"

"Nope." Gabriel smiled as he turned for the door.

"He's not good with crowds you know." Synn added as he followed. "This could very easily spook him.

Gabriel looked back over his shoulder and this time his expression was indeed serious. "He'll be fine, Synn. I won't let anything happen to him."

<marquee>BRIEF INTERLUDE NOBODY CARES ABOUT...</marquee>

"Despy? You okay?"

Gabriel looked at his little buddy in concern. The crowds gathered outside of the mega shopping plaza were astounding. More than Gabriel had thought possible and Despayre was flinching and practically hiding within himself every time a body pressed closer in the horde waiting to get inside.

Despayre whined, "I don't like this."

Gabriels hand found a spot on Despayre's shoulder. True he wanted to get this gift for Despayre, and he could have gotten it by himself. It was just the fact that he was reminded how down Despayre had been over not being able to team with him the past few shows so he wanted to spend a little "brotherly bonding" time with the little guy.

What better way then by causing a little shopping chaos?

"Despy..." Gabriel said soothingly. "If you want, we can go home. Right now."

"We can?"

"Absolutely." Gabriel. "Maybe even stop by McDs for breakfast if you want."

Despayre's fingers worked themselves in the plush fur of Angel's soft body. he took a deep breath and asked, "Can we still have breakfast at McDs if we get your game?"

Gabriel smiled and patted his back. "You know we can. But only if you promise you'll be alright."

"I promise." Despayre offered weakly.

It was a testament to how Despayre felt about Gabriel, how he looked up to him. The little guy was scared of crowds, and that was one fact neither Gabriel nor Synn had been able to extract from his psyche. It just simply... was. They'd try this, and if things got out of hand, Gabriel had no qualms about extracting Despayre from the store and taking him home.

"Okay then soldier, the mission is a simple one." Gabriel said and Despayre snapped comically to attention and saluted him. "Enter the premises. Get to the Electronics section and obtain the PS3 by any means necessary. Any questions?"

"Uh uh!" Still saluting, despayre shook his head. "What's a premises?"

"Oy." Gabriel murmured when he heard a click and looked to the front entrance where an employee was unlocking them from the inside. The crowd started pushing forward and Gabriel grabbed Despayre by the shoulders and steered him in front of him to protect him from the masses. "Ready?"

"Ready!"

"By any means necessary?"

"Cool beans!"

The doors opened and Gabriel shouted, "Go!"

Despayre immediately charged forward with a whoop of glee, and the masses didn't know what hit them as the little guy sent them scattering everywhere! Gabriel shook his head with a smile and followed him in.

"That's my boy!"
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."