Author Topic: Happy Turkey Day  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Happy Turkey Day
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:52:53 PM »
 The scene fades into the penthouse at the Luxor in Las Vegas.  It seems strangely quiet actually.  Everything seems to be in it's proper place and cleaned and there's only one person in view, Nick Jones' girlfriend Diana, who sits on the couch watching some television.  A moment later the door to the master bedroom and out steps Nick Jones himself.  He looks around the room, seeming a little confused, before looking back at Diana.

Nick:  Where the hell are the guys?

Diana:  It's Thanksgiving.

Nick:  Yeah... and?

Diana:  They went home to be with their families.

Nick:  Oh, what's with that?  What a bunch of weirdos.  Well what the hell are you doing here?

Diana:  I figured you and I could spend a nice evening together to celebrate the holiday.  We never really get our own alone time.

Nick:  Sounds... great.

Nick then hesitates briefly for a moment before continuing.

Nick:  Alright, I'm going to go hit the tables.

Diana:  What?!?

Nick:  What?

Diana:  I stay here to be with you for Thanksgiving and you want to run off on gamble?

Nick:  I feel like my answer should be no.

Diana:  You're damn right it should be.

Nick:  See?  I got that one right.  Ok, so what the hell did you want to do?

Diana:  There's plenty of things to do in this city that aren't gambling.  Why don't we have a nice day out together?  We can take a trip around town, see a show, grab a nice dinner... it'll be great.

Nick:  Oh yeah, sounds like a blast.

Nick rolls his eyes as he respons as this, but luckily Diana is too busy thinking up her plans for the day to even realize.  She then gets up and grabs her purse and stands over next to Nick, just smiling at him.

Nick:  Ok then, I guess this is what we're doing and we're ready to go.  After you, my lady.

Nick holds his arm out and Diana walks by.  As she goes past him, Nick just shakes his head in a disappointment.  He then follows her out as the two head to the elevator and the scene fades out.

<hr width = 50%>

Many hours later...

The scene fades back in to see Nick and Diana, now more elegantly dressed, sitting at the table in an upscale resturaunt.  The two are kind of just looking at each other from across the table silently.  That is, until Nick breaks the silence.

Nick:  Well that was a... fun... day.

Diana:  Yeah.  I don't know if we've ever spent that much time alone.  You know, like, ever.

Nick:  Right.  Well not unless we were...

Diana:  Exactly.  So that was a... nice... change.

Nick:  Sure.

The two start looking at each other silently again, until Nick comes up with an idea.

Nick:  We need some drinks.  Excuse me, waiter!!

The waiter walks over to the table at Nick's request.

Nick:  A bottle of your finest wine... thank you.

The waiter walks away and both Nick and Diana seem to be a little bit more at ease with the idea of some alcohol on the way.

Diana:  So... how about that match you've got next week?

Nick:  What match?

Diana:  Are you kidding me?  You're in the lethal lottery tag tournament for the tag titles.

Nick:  Oh, right... I knew that.  Who the hell is my tag partner again?

Diana:  Blaque Hart Bruce Evans.

Nick:  Oh yeah, what's that idiots deal?  Doesn't he even know how to spell?  "Blaque Hart"?  What the hell is that?

Diana:  I think he's Canadian.

Nick:  Well that explains it, I should probably avoid tagging in that dipshit if I want to win this match.  Lucky bastard will just be along for the ride as I single-handedly win us the tag titles.  Although if I have to tag with this fool, somebody seriously needs to tell him that there's no "que" in the word black.

Diana:  Not to mention he's spelling "heart" without the e.

Nick stops and thinks about it for a moment before shaking his head.

Nick:  Oh geez... is this supposed to be "Hart" as in like the Hart family?  Don't tell me this 'tard is another one of those jackasses who had himself trained in that creepy old canuck's nasty basement?

Diana:  I didn't even think about that, you're probably right.

Nick:  It's like the only place those stupid Canadians even know where to get trained, no wonder they all suck so bad.  Whatever, it won't matter, as long as he stays out of my way and doesn't get himself pinned, we'll be just fine.  Frankly, I think I'd rather go into those matches by myself.

Diana:  No kidding, having that guy as your teammate is probably more like a handicap than a benefit.

At that moment, the waiter comes back sporting a bottle of red wine and too glasses.  He places one glass down in front of each of Diana and Nick, pooring a full glass into each of them and placing the bottle down into a bucket of ice before walking away.  Nick grabs his glass and raises it.

Nick:  Now this is how we get things done together.  Happy Thanksgiving, honey!

Diana:  And may you enjoy your trip to the tag titles.

Diana raises her glass and the two clink their glasses in cheers as the scene fades to black.
>