Author Topic: Little conversations and a whole lot of focus  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Little conversations and a whole lot of focus
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
 Synn and Despayre's house, a familar setting these days in Vegas. Not just another day though, a busy Thanksgiving day ahead for all. Gabriel is seen entering the property, thanks to the well trained door opening skills of Teresa, housekeeper to Synn and Despayre. Gabriel steps inside the hallway, stopping off the unusual well dressed Gabriel, blue jeans are replaced with smart black dress pants, and the usual T-shirt, replaced with with a buttoned up white shirt with a stiff white collar. Over the top of the white shirt, a smart black suit jacket. The familiar Sin City wrestling heavyweight title belt rest around Gabriel's waist.

"Very sharp" Synn's voice is heard complimenting Gabriel's cleaned up style "The title belt really sets off the suit"

"Thanks" Gabriel says "and thanks for inviting me over for Thanksgiving, being an outsider European, this holiday is lost on me slightly"

Synn smiles

"Shane is also European and Rage..." Synn starts thoughtfully "Well, Rage could be from anywhere really, he is indeed a shady character"

Gabriel tilts his head with a smile

"Fair point" Gabriel replies "Where's Despayre?"

Synn points at a door and leads Gabriel towards it.

"Fair warning..." Synn starts "Joshua is not himself today"

Gabriel looks at Synn.

"What's wrong?" Gabriel asks "Has he been on the beer again"

"Not entirely" Synn says, something is... well, off with him, he doesn't seem himself Gabriel. I fear it's because of not teaming with you"

Gabriel nods slowly

"I thought as much" Gabriel replies sadly "I'll speak to him"

"I was hoping you would" Synn replies "I know he's happy for you holding the Heavyweight Championship, the thing you was destined to do and make me a lot of money, yet his mental state is showing him the flipside to that coin"

Gabriel nods and Synn leads him in to a room where Despayre is seated at a table, with Angel on the table in front of him. Gabriel sits down next to Despayre, but Despayre avoids eye contact.

"Hey buddy" Gabriel says "What's up?"

"The sun is up at the moment" Despayre says, avoiding eye contact "But the moon will be up later"

Guess I asked for that one

"Synn says you're not happy with me" Gabriel say cautiously "wanna tell your big brother what it's all about?"

Despayre looks at him, his eyes sad and quickly turns away

"It's ok" Gabriel says "You know you can tell me anything you want"

Despayre sighs

"I'm happy you won the heavyweight title" Despayre says genuinly "But I miss teaming with you. It's not fair that I don't get to team with you"

Gabriel frowns and puts a hand on Despayre's shoulder, but Despayre pushes it off

"Don't worry about that bud" Gabriel says with a half smiles "Have you seen what Sin City Wrestling has been doing?"

"Letting a manly looking lady open the show?" Despayre replies

"No... well yes, but I'm talking about the leathal lottery tag tournament" Gabriel says

"What about it?" Despayre asks

"Well the reason they're not teaming us, is because they have no one for us to beat yet" Gabriel says confidently "But when some team wins those titles, that's when me and you will team again and try to take them off whoever wins them. It's not that I don't wanna team with you buddy because I do and we beat everyone, right?"

Despayre nods

"So, the SCW are trying to create teams for us to beat" Gabriel says, resting his hand on Despayre's shoulder "And when they do, we team again and try and beat them. In the meantime, I defend this thing and we go out there and me and you beat everyone as a team and we get more gold"

Despayre looks up at Gabriel

"Promise?" He asks

"Promise" Gabriel replies.

"That woman really does look like a dude, don't she?" Despayre says with a smile, his mood completely changing.

The scene fades out

A little later, Gabriel is seen sitting by Synn and Despayre's swimming pool. The sun slowly sinking down in the background, reflecting off the SCW Heavyeight title. The camera rests upon Gabriel's face and he starts to speak.

You see I've asked you here to listen, not to think but to listen because I need to talk about JT Underwood. Next week, I get to defend the SCW Heavyweight title for the first time of many against you JT. Now usually, I'll be nice and relaxed, not think about it too much but JT, here's the thing. I don't exactly know who you are anymore, well, not that I did in the first place with you reinventing yourself more times then Madonna, but standing in the ring with you last Sunday. People might think you're holier then thou, but I saw through you JT.

Gabriel brushes the hair out of this face and looks deep into the camera

I know you're trying to sell the fans respect, that facing me is all about respect but I heard those words you said to me before leaving the ring at Climax Control. Using the term "babbling" is hardly respectful to a champion, telling me I'm lost in the crowd. Untrue JT, you see I do now get lost in that crowd, I lead that crowd, that is why I have the heavyweight title and you do not. See if I was in the crowd, I would be just like everyone else that doesn't have the top prize here, but the thing is, I do have the top prize here that sets me aside from you and the rest. I don't need to set myself apart from the rest, you and the rest of SCW need to catch up with me.

Gabriel clears his throat

Now did you really think I would let you get away with calling me unoriginal? Me? Unoriginal? My "respectful" friend, I think you really need to get your head out of your arse on this one. I am the most creative wrestling at SCW, what makes you original? You huff and you puff about losing and thanking people for beating you, you speak the same old "I'm gonna kick your ass" bullshit that everyone speaks, you just act like every other big guy that wants to dominate the wrestling world. "I'm bigger then you so I can kick your ass" yada yada yada "You can't handle my power" yada yada yada. The fact is JT, you don't say anything that others haven't said a million times over, hell, you're not even creative enough to take what other people say and work it more creatively. I'm a rip off of a television magician, but you JT, you're a rip off of every wrestler over 6ft tall that's ever entered a wrestling thing, nothing special. You wanna talk respect, try earning the respect instead of talking all the bullshit you have been.

Gabriel's face turns serious

When I walked down to the ring, I planned on being respectful, on looking at you being a worthy opponent but that unoriginal comment JT, that changed my mind a whole lot. You wanna see what I can really do.. oh wait, I've already beat you twice, so you know what I can do. You walked in to my ring and came across as a disrespectful punk ass. Now I don't know if that was your intention or if you didn't know what gimmick you was going to morph in to at that time, but JT, it's awoke a little anger in me and at Climax Control, I get to let that anger out and it really is gonna suck to be you

Gabriel nods slowly

When I talk about not giving up this title without a fight JT, I mean it. There is absolutely nothing you can do to actually take this belt away from me. I know you're gonna try to take it away from me, I know you're gonna talk shit again and tell the world that nothing will stop you from taking it, the same old shit we hear from everyone here but the fact remains, this title belt that you crave, it's not yours to win, it will never be yours to win, it will always be about mine to lose and well, I don't make mistakes JT, I don't change who I am every week to get noticed, I'm true to myself and to who I am, I am confident in my abilities and I know that when it comes down to it, gauntlets, tag matches or one on ones against you, you will never ever live up to the standard I set. I did set the standard in Sin City Wrestling, it's down for you and everyone else to keep up and try and take what is mine. Deep down in your mind, do you really think you're the one to push the limits? Do ya? Do ya really JT? Do you have the faith in yourself when you don't know who the hell you are?

Gabriel pauses

Sorry JT, you may be a great champion in future, but you're not ready yet, this is simply not your time

Gabriel stands up and walks away as the camera fades out
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>